Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 pm

“Yep, I’ve got aaaaaaallll mah energy back Rintho!” Elli bubbled, full of energy borrowed from little Syru. She wasn’t sure she agreed that he had won – it wasn’t fair because it was past her bedtime and he had just gotten up – but she pranced long after him anyway. It seemed to be a challenge for the younger dragon to stay on the ground, but Elli didn’t blame him. She would love to be able to fly! She used to jump on and off of fences and walls, and sometimes her Daddy’s shoulders, because she liked how it tickled her toes. Daddy hadn’t liked it though, because he worried too much, so the game had to stop.

Once Syru started glowing and trotting a few inches off the ground, Elli chased after him to see what was happening. “How d’ya do tha’ Syru?!” she exclaimed, jumping as she walked just to see if she could do it too. She tripped and her crooked ear flapped over her eyes, so she stopped trying that quickly and fell into place beside him.

It was cold outside, and she soon started to wonder where they were actually going. But Rintho had promised another game, right? She hoped she would be able to remember her way back again after all this walking.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 pm

Rintho looked on as Syru quite happily trotted out in front of them with a spring in every step and then saw the young dragon's magic grow until he became quite the radiant light in the night. He smiled, pleased by what he saw. It was good to see a dragon of such a young age have control of the dark magic enough within their self to maintain such a thing.
"Ithelle, don't you worry about Syru, he flies because he is a night dragon." He then watched as the dragon pranced about, gleeful in all his energy to be up and about. "You have your own powers too, very special ones, maybe we'll find out a little more?" He smiled down to the diminutive little card dragon, then looking ahead.
"Syru, you remember the way to the graveyard?" He wondered if he /did/ remember, it was not too infrequent that they visited it together. "This time we'll have to be extra sneaky.  So no sparkling atop the church spire either." And then, he would call upon a spirit to speak with, with any luck, both the little dragons would attune to it.

Last edited by Zay on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 pm

"S'maaaaaagic," Syru sang, showing off more than a little and dancing out a little circle in the sky just to demonstrate further his abilities. He listened with a fleeting sort of interest as Rintho spoke to Elli, his horns twitching forwards intently. "What'choo do, Elli?" he asked curiously, peering down at her from his lofty position a foot off the ground. "Winfo don't fly too. S'just me!!" He beamed once more, the light he emitted twinkling slightly with his happiness.

Rintho's next question could only really be taken as a challenge; with a little peep of excitement, Syru broke out into a full-on run, his little legs pumping back and forth through the air as he raced towards the graveyard with little heed for his two companions. Caught up in the joy that resulted from a trip to the graveyard- they always did interesting things there!- a small trail of light blossomed along the ground just in front of him. Rintho's warning to be inconspicuous hadn't really done anything except excite him further- if they had to be sneaky, then it must be exciting, right?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:28 pm

What do I do? Y’mean like magic? I… I don’t know… Daddy says I’ll be real good at magic one day, but I don’t fly. It must be so exciting!” The coloured lines squiggles around again, changing slightly every time one of them spoke. She didn’t think the squiggles were worth mentioning to Syru, since they weren’t as exciting as his flying, but she had probably gone cross eyed looking at them when they moved. They could be so distracting! That was why she hated big groups of people – they made more lines appear and clog up her vision.

Syru suddenly darted off, and Elli didn’t know what to do. Syru was more exciting, but Rintho had told them to be careful… she stayed near Rintho, watching Syru dart off, before looking up at the Lich, almost asking if she could go with the night dragon. She didn’t want to cause any trouble, since her Daddy had always told her she should be polite when someone invited her to go somewhere. Like, whenever she was with the circus she had to be nice when someone showed her something new. This was the same, right?
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 6:18 pm

"Yes, exactly like magic, I'm sure your daddy is right, whomever he might be. There is no other possibility, when you are a rarity." Rintho rattled on, the rhyme appeasing his ears as he ticked his head from one side to the other, watching as Syru -predictably- dazzled all the more.
It will be fine, Rintho told himself. But he really should have tried to make Syru a little less bright, drawing attention to the three of them would lead to no good places. Not with the intentions Rintho had to hide from the commoner's eye.

Still, he did not miss the plea in Ithelle's eyes as she looked up to him hopefully.
"Go on. Only make sure you both are never out of my sight." It shouldn't have been difficult, with Syru choosing to put a light to their every move.
It was closer now and Rintho could see the obelisk, a simple tower of grey stone, polished and then adorned at its base with statues twice the height of a man, of the five guardian dragons, all facing out into the five corners of the graveyard. Watching solemnly over those that rested.

But that would not stop Rintho going to meet and greet the dead with his two fine companions, however juvenile. Indeed, the company of those without a bitter shard in their hearts was refreshing from the usual jaded and cruel naivete of any Kaionar folk he dealt with.

"Here, Syru. Beyond the great oak." Ah, and the great oak just outside the south point of the cemetary belonged to all of the Jilurians. Never was it to be cut or otherwise harmed. "Go find the grave of Claudoria Magnus. You've met her before."
One of Jiluria's greater magi, if deceased; one day Rintho would no longer be able to draw upon her...but until then, she possessed a comfortable wealth of knowledge in unusual areas for them to explore.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 10:53 pm

As Elli approached behind him, Syru twisted, trying to run backwards and tripping over his feet as he did so.
“Elli!” he panted out in delight. “Look, s’graveyard!” Sure enough, they had reached the stone wall, an iron gate set into it a few paces away. Bounding through the air, Syru ran straight over the wall and to the other side, where he dabbed open the catch of the gate with a tiny paw to let Elli in.

Rintho was a little way behind them, but short legs could only carry the dragons so fast; it didn’t take him long to catch them up. Syru bounced his way up and across the statue of the guardians while they waited, leaping in an arc between each one’s head.
“How’doo tell’um apart, Winfo?” he asked, dropping back to the ground as his own guardian approached. “S’no colour!” Apparently, though, this didn’t disturb him too much; as soon as Rintho mentioned the name, he gave a gasp of uncontainable excitement, skittering over to Elli and nipping her playfully in his eagerness. “C’mon, c’mon, s’thisay!” With that, he streaked off through the graves, leaving a trail of sparkles in his wake.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:08 pm

Elli bounded after Syru happily, trying to catch up. She was bigger, and had longer legs… but he was flying, so it was a pretty even race. When she finally got to the gate, Syru let her in, and she walked through the gate into the creepy graveyard. She had never been there before – he daddy had a thing about places with dead people. She didn’t understand why, but there must be a reason. But she assumed the reason didn’t apply to her, and followed Syru further into the graveyard.

Elli had forgotten that she didn’t see colours very well until Syru mentioned the lack of colour in the graveyard. “Huh, I didn’t realise there were no colours…” she said quietly, looking around. The tiny tints of colour were gone, though, it was true. The coloured squiggles were almost all gone – maybe because there was only her and Syru in the graveyard right then. When Ritho walked through the gate, however, loads of new colours started to squiggle across her yes, and Elli jumped. It was like she was standing somewhere really bus, but there were only three of them..?

“What are we doin’ in th’ graveyard then..?” She asked, trying not to go cross-eyed again as she watched all of the new squiggles. They were glaringly bright against the dark setting, though. Sometimes it was hard to believe other people didn’t see them too.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:20 pm

"That is a good question, Syru." He spoke, humming curiously, not knowing himself. Rintho then shrugged as he walked, never having truly paid attention to the Guardian statues. Perhaps they were not supposed to be told apart? "I think they did not mind that..." And the dragons had already left, Syru dashing to find the grave with a crackling trail of light behind him.

Rintho walked at the same slower place, following watchfully until he was able to be close enough to Elli to speak.
"We're going to find out more of your power from a certain someone, she is wiser than I on such things..." And as he continued walking, then catching up with Syru he stopped, and frowned deeply, staring down at the upheaval of earth. There were piles of dirt about the grave, and the pit was empty, Claudoria Magnus' remains had been removed.
"My my..." He tutted, looking to Syru. "Well, it seems that she has gone missing. I wonder where she might have been taken...and by who..." He scowled again more deeply, this was troubling. As far as he was aware, he was the only one that disturbed the dead, though he never shifted their vessels if he could help it.

But an idea had struck him then.
"Elli, do you see anything...connected to the hollow? The pit?" Rintho asked. Well, it was worth a shot. "Syru, stay out of it while Elli focuses." He then further added, waiting patiently and hoping to hear of anything useful, even if the chance was not so good.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 pm

It didn’t take Syru long to make his way to the correct grave; he and Rintho made regular trips here and he knew this mage’s burial site better than most. Upon seeing the hole left in the ground, though, he skittered to an abrupt halt, dropping back to earth as his lights faded slightly. Had he come the wrong way? He was sure this was the right grave… Face contorted briefly with distress, he looked up at Rintho, rearing up on his hind legs to rest tiny paws against the lich’s leg.
“S’bad?” he asked anxiously, the light along his body fluctuating as he turned to investigate the freshly dug out hole, sniffing along its perimeter. A moment later, as Rintho reprimanded him, he jumped back guiltily with a small twitch of his tail and ascended to sit with his tail curled about his feet at Rintho’s waist height. As Elli moved forwards towards the hole, he craned forwards and tried to feel out for traces of magic as Rintho had taught him, eager to see her at work doing whatever mysterious thing she did.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Elli nodded as Rintho explained they were going to talk to somebody who might be able to help, but came to an abrupt halt as they saw the great pit where the grave in question used to be. Elli was still struggling to wrap her head around the idea of talking to someone who knew about magic in a graveyard, but she could tell there was something wrong here.

Syru looked just as shocked, but kept out of the way when Rintho told Elli to investigate the pit. She hesitated, not sure what to do, but stepped forward, leaning over the edge of the pit. The mass of coloured lines had been fading as they walked, apparently all of the paths tied to the other graves vanishing, so the only strong lines left were a greenish set, a blueish set, a purple grid, and a pale yellow set. The yellow line split in two as she leaned over the edge, and she instinctively stepped back. The lines merged again almost instantly - she was no longer likely to fall in, so that path was eliminated, not that she fully knew that was why the line had gone away.

"It's no good, the lines only go forwards Rintho..." she said absent mindedly. Elli still didn't understand that the lines showed the progression of time, and she wasn't sure where that comment had come from, but as she realised what she had said, she stopped. Forwards was an odd word - the lines went up and down, but neither of those was strictly 'forwards'. She focused hard on the bottom of her field of vision, and the lines began to rush past her, the old colours appearing and vanishing again, until they stopped, showing her the yellow lines she had been looking at before. Here there was a flurry of activity, with hundreds of yellow lines, and a red line twisted through the middle.

She sat down hard, panting, and the colours returned to normal. She was exhausted, and the lines confused her. She looked up at Rintho and Syru, slightly dazed, and frowned. "T-they wen' backwards, and the yellow squiggles went funny. There were lotsa lines, and a big red line goin' through the middle, all tied up in a knot..." she babbled, not sure how to explain what she meant. Maybe one of the others would have a better idea...
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Rintho hummed in bemusement. Yes it was bad, and as Syru floated up to his side he put out an idle hand to pat him gently on the head. He watched Ithelle intently, feeling in every part of him for the magic that she would create from about her, and what that might be like...None of what she said made sense to him, and Rintho had never experienced fate magic before.
This was completely thrilling for him, and yet, painfully worrying.
What if the fate dragon is only a medium for this? What if the missing body is just a symptom of it? Perhaps the fate magic caused this to be, or is it not so powerful as that? A thousand more questions fought in his mind, though he could never hope to know the answers at this point.

"I only wish I knew what it all meant Ithelle." He frowned, "Thank you for your efforts....although." And then he realised just how exhausted and perhaps distressed that she seemed. Maybe he should have considered it more, but it was just so important all of this..."You are terribly tired but one last thing...how does the red line, feel to you?"
Maybe it felt like nothing at all, but then, magic did all tend to have its own feeling. It was only an idea of his however that never seemed to lead anywhere or make sense, it just did. Maybe there was significance to be found in that for the red line she spoke of, a feeling of fate magic.

Oh, what did he know! Everyday it felt as if he knew less and less.

"Syru, do you sense anything?" He then added quickly, looking to the little dragon. "Can you feel anything strange, odd? Out of place?" Anything like fate magic? "Don't be shy now, tell me everything, I do not think we have so much time as I'd like."
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:56 pm

While Syru might have known a lot about magic for such a young dragon, he still didn’t really understand Rintho and Elli’s conversation- though it seemed Elli didn’t either, at least not completely. Rintho had mentioned fate magic in passing, but he had never mentioned it in detail, and Syru was eager to learn more about it. He had never heard of magic like Elli described before- as if she saw the magic, but nobody else could? He knew sometimes you could see magic, like when he made light, but surely most of the time you couldn’t?

It was all very confusing.

When Rintho asked him for help, though, he jumped at the chance, his tiny chest puffing out with pride. Of course, he should have known- they would need his practiced senses to examine this magic. How selfish of him, to sit by idly when his services were needed! Hesitantly, uncertain if it was safe to interfere with Elli’s special brand of magic, he reached out feelers and tried to sort out what he could sense, eyelids drooping half-shut in his concentration.
“S’my light…” Almost unconsciously, he shut off the glow, trying to remove all distractions as he quested to feel whatever it was Rintho seemed to expect him to find. He hadn’t really taken on board Rintho’s warning of a time constraint, but there was a certain sense of importance about tonight’s events. It was much more exciting than just playing games with magic like they normally did; hopefully Elli would stick around a bit and they could have more adventures like this!

But back to the task at hand. Tentatively feeling closer to Elli and the edge of the grave, he became aware of something Rintho had definitely never shown him before- he thought it was magic, but it felt completely unfamiliar. Rintho talked about some magic being made of other magic- Syru still didn’t understand that, but this wasn’t even similar to anything else he’d felt. Was this Elli’s magic, then? Fate magic? He didn't know that word... he would have to ask Rintho what it meant later on.

“S’something weird,” he explained eloquently, delicately exploring the shape this magic took. It felt like somebody was controlling it, sort of, like it was in some kind of form… but before he could tell any more, his concentration slipped and he lost the sense of it with a small, indignant chirrup. Huffing, he turned his face up to Rintho, eager to please with what he had noticed.
“I think s’Elli, but I dunno Winfo, s’different. An’…” His nose wrinkled with confusion- all the different magic had been mixed up, and he couldn’t even tell if some of what he had felt had just been his own. “Somethin’ else? But s’old, s’fuzzy…” Just a vague trace of some other kind of magic, but he couldn’t have said anything more than that- nor did he know its age. Usually the tests Rintho set him were simpler than this; put out at his failure, he pouted slightly, scowling at the mysteriously empty grave.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Elli was getting so frustrated. She just wanted everyone to know what she meant. Her Daddy had told her before that nobody else could see the colours - that she was special that way, but right then, she wished if was easier to explain.

When Rintho asked how the line felt, she blinked. "They're not good or bad, the squiggles. There's one for everything,and nothing's all good or all bad. But it messed up the yellow squiggle. I think... I think the yellow one was for the grave - it went funny when I nearly fell in... so maybe... oh, I don't know!" she shouted, angry that she couldn't wrap her head around it all.

When Syru came over to inspect the grave, she moved back, and watched him. A different type of magic? Elli didn't know much about magic, but she was sure hers wouldn't feel old. The, an idea hit her.

"Maybe it was t'lady in the grave's magic? Y'said she knew lots about it..." Elli suggested. It was a long shot, but if she understood what she had seen, then something had interfered with the grave, and the grave had responded. The lines only ever changed when something happened, and if somebody has just dug it up, she was convinced there wouldn't have been that many lines...

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Unsurprisingly, both of the little dragons came unstuck when tasked with trying to understand a mysterious possible effect of fate magic. The one dragon did not even possess fate magic and could never hope to use it, let alone understand it in a moment here, and the other had hardly hatched yesterday; it would be a long time before she was going to even grasp parts of the fate magic in a clear way, Rintho guessed.
Such was the way with the most fascinating of mysteries that still loomed all over Dragons' Cove, the things that excited Rintho the most.

"Ssh shh sh." He hushed them, seeing they were hardly pleased in their attempts. "Nevermind, nevermind at all. I did not think either of you might know for certain...I don't know, either, to tell you both the truth." He sighed slowly. What had become of Claudoria was the most important part. It would be a shame to lose her knowledge, but then, others might think of it as cruel that he had kept her knowledgable ghost near as he did...he knew it was not his finest of actions every time he disturbed her ghost out from her grave where it liked to rest...preventing it from disappearing...but it was not true selfishness that motivated him.

"I only believe we do not have long to work out what might have happened, but then...No, don't either of you worry." He smiled ruefully. "A tired, tiny card dragon needs her rest." And then a small ripple of regret pulsed through him. "...And her home. Please, Ithelle, you have to keep this little adventure a secret, okay? I promise, I will take you back now and I won't mention a thing, I did not mean to upset you." He stepped away from the grave more definitely. "Come now, I do not think it is really all that bad...everything will be fine." He bluffed, very disappointed to know this had happened, and he made a record to himself that he would have to find her ghost and try to bind it a little more carefully.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Syru was still a little put out at his failure, but if even Rintho didn't know, then it had to be really hard. And Elli didn't seem too pleased with herself either- he still didn't understand all this talk of lines, but she didn't sound like she really knew what was going on.
"Maybe s'nother person," he offered vaguely in response to Elli, once again creating blossoms of light for them to see by. He didn't think dead people could do magic normally... It was just Rintho who used magic on them.

When Rintho proclaimed that it was time for them to leave, Syru's expression of vague frustration instantly morphed into a full on pout, his eyes narrowing as he bounced up higher in the air to cajole Rintho, all thoughts of magic instantly forgotten.
"M'not tired, Winfo! Wanna keep playin' wif'Elli!" His tail lashed from side to side as he widened his eyes imploring, sensing that Rintho was unlikely to be shaken in his resolution to take Syru's new playmate home; instead he tried a different tack.
"C'n she come 'gain? S'fun!"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:59 am

“I’m not reeeealllyy tired Rintho…” Elli grumbled, but a yawn did escape her as she protested. “An’ I’m sorry I couldn’t help. But I won’t tell anyone, I promise!” Syru seemed to want her to stay longer, and Elli was quite eager to agree, but maybe she should try to get some sleep.

When Syru suggested another visit, her eyes widened. “Ooh that would be great! Pleeeeaasseee Rintho? I promise I’ll help more next time!” She had enjoyed meeting Syru – there barely seemed to be any dragons close to her own age in the area, and even if Syru was a little younger, he made a great playmate. And she desperately wanted to understand her magic, which Rintho stood a far better chance of helping with than her daddy.

“I… I’m not sure which way to go from here… me and Daddy live just a few streets away from where I metcha earlier, but…” Elli looked around. She didn’t usually stray too far from home, and this part of Jiluria was a mystery to her. She hoped her daddy hadn’t come looking for her – she would be in so much trouble for going out past her bedtime. But maybe she could introduce him to Rintho, and they could all be friends! That would be great!

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:42 pm

He was quiet as he walked for a moment, the young dragons obviously very riled by his ask and reluctant to part ways so soon. When Syru rose up higher in the air Rintho pursed his lips tightly in a mild frown of similar reluctance until Syru's better suggestion.
"Yes, another time is fine." He said those magic words, expecting them both to wake up more than ever and start their antics again. "But." He said firmly, before that could all happen, commanding the attention of both dragons as much as his mild-toned voice ever could. "I want to explain to your daddy first Ithelle; do not tell him other things before I do. I would not want to worry him. And you too, Syru, otherwise Elli might not come around to play again, ever."
That would be a terrible loss. A young card dragon! So much was to be learned, and Syru could learn what fate magic at least somewhat felt like.

"You can play as we walk to Elli's home anyway...we'll go back to the central marketplace where we met." He placated Syru, setting on his way with them, thoughts still buzzing over the ghost and the body. He disappeared in his thoughts as they journeyed down the seedy street and beyond it, taking his time before he spoke again at all.
"Maybe next time Elli, we can play some fun games together. Better ones." He'd have something prepared then at least to take a look at the fate magic. They said it was an unusual form of neutral magic didn't they? Well, surely then, there had to be something recognisable about it. Who knew? Maybe Syru would be a little more attuned to his own magic by then; he was a night dragon, no stranger to magic at all, least of all for as long as he was with Rintho. "Syru can show you a little more of his magic too, it's only fair. He's a terrible show off, you can see..."

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:39 pm

Rintho knew Syru well; the moment he agreed to Elli coming again, the night dragon let out a yip of excitement and turned about a circle in the air, before racing down to ground level to share his glee with his new best friend. Rintho was still talking, though, and upon hearing his name Syru paused with his head cocked, wide eyes fixed on the lich's face as he listened.
"'Kay," he agreed easily, flashing Elli a grin as they started back, tracing the familiar way between the graves. The others went that way, anyway; infused with energy in the dead of night, Syru skipped along the tops of the gravestones, naming the occupant of each as his feet brushed its surface. He knew all of them; the graveyard was like a playground to him, he couldn't count the number of times he had accompanied Rintho as the necromancer consulted one spirit or another.

"M'good at magic!" he called out, literally sparkling as he turned to trot backwards through the air, looking bright-eyed at the other two. Apparently the show-off comment had gone flying over his head. "Look-" Stopping now to concentrate, he tilted his head back and sent an orb of light flying up into the air over his head, where it exploded into tiny flakes of light which seemed to rain down around them as if the stars had decided to take a dive. "An' I c'n do other magic," he boasted, all ready to demonstrate dark magic's less mundane side- before reconsidering, throwing a cautious look at Rintho. All too often, he had had it impressed upon him how important it was that he was careful with his powers. "I wanna show Elli," he pleaded winningly, running up to Rintho and placing his paws on the man's chest, thrusting his nose at Rintho's chin. "Please?"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Elli nodded furiously as Rintho said that he was going to explain things to her daddy first. "OK! He's pro'lly awake, he usually is. He liked t'read in t'middle of the night." she grinned. It was true that her daddy woke up in the night often - sometimes he spent hours pouring over boring scrolls, with lists of numbers on them. Elli had never been very interested, but it meant he wouldn't be cross, hopefully...

Syru looked so happy dancing along the tops of the gravestones, and she was a little jealous. However, her eyes grew wide as he began to demonstrate his magic. "Wow! That's amaaaaazzing!" she gawped, watching the little sparkles of magic. She wanted to be able to do something like that too, but her magic was much less fun.It just gave her stupid scribbles, which she didn't even understand. Although, she did feel like the was starting to grasp the idea of each string meaning an object of thing, and hopefully it would only be a matter of time before she could put that information to good use. But still, it wasn't as snazzy as Syru's shiny sparkly magic!

"Other magic?!" she gasped, watching intently. She found it all so exciting, this magic stuff. Her daddy HAD to let her keep coming to see Rintho and Syru - he just HAD to!

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:20 pm

He knew that Syru's quick affirmation would likely have been forgotten no sooner had they come to the streets; Syru was now carefree and only wanted to play and frolic. It seemed, although she did try to be somewhat serious, Ithelle wanted the same.
And this is all at the worst of times... this hour was hardly a savoury one, and the dragons were hardly at all quiet about their goings on. It was quite lucky that Rintho did live an awkward way away from the busier parts of Jiluria. He appreciated the bewitching quiet of these parts, away from the peddlers and most of the thieves.

When Syru began to create bursts of light Rintho couldn't help but cringe a little inside at the thought of being seen, but of course, Syru wanted to show off for his new lady friend.
He mused idly that the dragon at least had been raised thus far with good taste, to be associating with a fate magic user.
"Hmmm." He said with a large measure of reluctance etched into his tone again, just as he had before. "You know that it depends Syru. Your magic is dangerous if not used well, I would not Elli to be harmed, so what is it you wanted to show her?"
There was nothing entertaining in potentially changing entire facets of her persona in an unusual spurt of power, however unlikely that would be from Syru. "Some things are not good to demonstrate...and only use when needed."
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Syru could tell how captivated Elli was by his magic, and quite right too- Rintho just had to let him show her! Caution was necessary, though; if Syru seemed like he was too exicted, Rintho probably wouldn’t let him use the magic, given how he was talking. What harm would it do anyone to just show Elli what he could do?
“M’not gon’ hurt her!” he protested, taking a step back and trying to look sober and mature. “S’my friend! I jus’ wanna mak’ah feel ‘wake!” He was far from a fine level of control over others’ emotions, but he was capable of a blunt, direct stab of emotion- especially if he was simply projecting his own current feelings at somebody else, as he planned to do with Elli. That was the perfect fix to her feeling sleepy, wasn’t it? Then Rintho could talk to Elli’s daddy and then they could play all night without Elli getting tired! Beaming winningly, he watched Rintho’s face, waiting for an answer with barely disguised impatience.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Elli bounced along happily, trying to keep her enery going, but she wasn't as well adapted to nighttime as Syru was. She wasn't sure what 'making her feel awake' would do, but it sounded like a good idea to her. She looked at Rintho, adding to Syru' imploring expression.

They were nearing the edge of the graveyard by then, so she walked just behind Rintho, waiting for some indication of which way they were going to go. The squiggles over her vision changed as they decided which direction to walk, but Elli ignored it, looking through the colours. She was getting used to doing that - the bright lines didn't distract her as much as they had when she was a baby at least. She wished she could show Syru them; he could show off his magic, but she had no idea how to show off hers, but that didn't seem likely. Maybe in future she would understand more, and she could show him then.

Elli was completely trusting of her two new friends, which may not have been the most sensible course of action considering the circumstances she had met Rintho in, but she was perfectly happy walking along in the dark. She only hoped that next time they could meet in the daytime, or at least a little bit earlier at night...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next