Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Well. This day had certainly just got very interesting.

Russell had prepared himself to come back to Kaionar in the traditional Kaionarian way: By arming himself to the teeth and making sure that his daggers were sharp. He couldn't be certain that his old assassin group would care enough to hunt him down if he ever entered the city again. Enough time had passed that they might not have considered it worth the trouble to come after him anymore. But people didn't live long assuming the best of the nature of others. Especially in Kaionar. So he'd entered the city with a knife stashed anywhere he could get away with it and still have the weapon concealed and slept with a dagger under his pillow.

But the letter he got was far from anything he could have expected from the city of thieves.

At first he thought it was a prank. Something that one of the other members of the Circus had done to mess with him. He'd laughed it off, but after some subtle inquiring around so that he could get back at whoever had done it, he'd come up empty handed. Which meant that the letter was real. It might as well have had the word TRAP written in bright red ink all over the carefully folded parchment. Still, if this Zold person had Silence, and this was his way of sending a ransom note, then it was probably best to play along. He'd scouted the estate shortly before dawn, walking the perimeter with a sinking stone in his gut. He knew this house, and he knew now why the name Zold Grimhart sounded so familiar. Everyone in Kaionar seemed to have a title, but this guy… He knew this guy. Knew this house. Walking into his house was sounding more and more like a bad idea the more he recalled.

He was jumpy around nobility in the first place, but ones with rumors of magic flying around them were even worse. Russell stood outside the place, hesitating at the front gates. Finally he took a deep breath and headed in, slightly concerned by the lack of guards and headed to the front door. Passing over the threshold he felt something wash over him, but couldn't quite define the feeling. He was less nervous somehow, but there was enough of an edge to keep him wary. At the door Russell knocked and waited, hoping he wasn't signing up for the gallows.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Alec was the one to answer the door, just because old habits died hard. Zold had kindly asked Alec to be presentable for Silence's sake, sine he didn't want her Fiance to look down on them. Well, more honestly, Zold really just liked having a Butler.

Alec gave a slight bow to the guest and opened the door fully, stepping aside to let him in. Much in the same manner that Geronimo and Silence had met him when they had initially comein, Zold was sitting at a long, grand table, but he was sitting closer to the foot of it, with some tea and tea-saucers out. Zold gestured for Russell to have a seat across from him. "Ahh," he said lightly. "You must be Russell. I'd say that I've heard so much about you, but I only know the basics." He glanced up at him quite casually. "Please, have a seat. As you know from the letter I have sent... I am Baron Zold. What I have heard, though, is that you have caught the eye of my daughter." He politely poured some tea for the guest.

"So... I hear you're an assassin. That must be quite a cozy profession." He took a sip of his own cup of tea and looked at Russell expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Walking into the house, Russell took the opportunity to note the side halls and closets in case he needed to get lost in a hurry and followed the man-servant without comment, sitting at the table in his leathers and feeling extremely out of place. Russell stared at Zold for a long while until the tea was placed in front of him and played with the handle of his cup instead, listening to the man speak. Well, he certainly didn't mince words, now did he? He thought politicians would be more likely to dance around the subject. Having actually repeating the contents of the letter in person set him back a step however. What in the world had he and Silence been talking about to lead to this? "Uh, yes, Baron. I am an assassin. Or rather, was."

He paused, wondering if it was safe to drink the tea and decided that he'd wait a while before taking a drink, expectant look be damned. "If Silence had told you about me, then you know I've been traveling with the Circus. Haven't had much use to put my daggers to use, honestly." He smiled with a small chuckle, tapping the handle of his cup absently. "Though you're on the wrong side of the trade if you think the assassin's life is a cozy one. That's why I left, you know. Too dangerous. Especially if I want to be with your daughter, Baron. Being a member of the Circus isn't glamorous, but I'd rather that then what I had to do to get by in my old job." He didn't have to fake the majority of the sincerity of his tone. Joining the Circus had given him a bunk, a meal, and gotten him far away from people who wanted him dead on a daily basis. It was, overall, a healthy career change.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:39 am

When she'd arrived back at the house she gave the same warning to Geronimo that she'd given to her father and got a much meeker reaction from her friend, as well as a hug and a promise to behave. She didn't know Russell would be there so soon and nearly panicked when she heard him in the other room, then remembered who she was panicking over and blew off her little episode before bringing out a fresh pot of tea. "He's been a right joy to work with I gotta say. Never a cloudy sky with him!" Hopefully coming in and making light conversation would help to ease the tension that needed cutting with a cleaver.

"Fresh tea, piping hot so be careful. Think I should call Rose down or would that just make this all the worse?" Something told her that bringing Rose into this meeting would just tick Silence off if the girl insulted him. "If there's anything else I need to get from the kitchen speak now before I get comfortable and have some tea? No? Alright then!" She made herself comfortable and poured a cup of tea, wincing at the fabric of her sleeves rubbing against the light burns on her arms. "You had no trouble finding the house, right Russ?" She'd really missed him during her travels and having him right there and not being able to hug him was not so nice.
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:59 am

"I certainly don't see why we should disturb Rose. As Silence and Rose are still not allowed to speak to each other, bring her down here I'm sure would only cause unnecessary hurt feelings. I'm sure she'll be fine reading. I'll call her down for breakfast, after tea." He raised an eyebrow at Silence's overt displays of affection towards the Kaionarian former-assassin-turned-Circus-performer. There was no denying that Silence did not at all take after Zold even a little bit, but he had to admit to himself that there was probably some good in that. "Yes," Zold said a little Dryly, "I can't imagine any profession more dangerous than an assassin. People don't make friends that way. I suppose it's for the best that you left. Silence..." he glanced at Silence and smiled. "I'd like to speak with this young man in private if you don't mind. Would you mind helping your good friend Alec and Geronimo with breakfast?"

Alec greeted Silence as she entered and started getting some eggs to crack for breakfast. "... So... " He gave Silence a sly smile. "Is that man in there the one you were mentioning earlier?"

Zold leaned back as he sized Russell up, rubbing his chin. "I don't mean to come off as rude, but you have to understand... I want what's best for my daughters, both of them. I'm in no place to be a controlling father to Silence at this time. She certainly has a mind of her own, and I wouldn't change that. But I'm sure you understand my concern. She seems to think of you as more than just a friend... And yet you haven't proposed yet. Now, I know I may not seem very intimidating -" He chuckled. "Whatnot with your background in murdering people for money, I'm sure I don't seem like much of a threat. But I am a political man, and while I would never, ever threaten bodily harm to anybody, I have my own areas of expertise - the least of which being powerful magic. So why don't you tell me about your plans with my daughter?"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:28 am

He looked up as soon as Silence entered the room and shot the woman a what have you gotten me into look without Zold seeing the glance, but she was up and back before he could get a word in edgewise to try and figure out what was going on. Whatever this bizarre situation, Silence didn't seem freaked out, and that put him somewhat more at ease. If this was a kidnapping, he seriously doubted that if Baron Zold were holding her hostage that she would have free run of the place. Or be so calm. He would have expected to come in and find half the place burned down, but the fact that he hadn't seen a single scorch mark meant that she wasn't under duress. Quietly he listened to Zold and Silence talking together, swirling his tea and reconsidering drinking it when the subject was turned to a private conversation.

He didn't like that. Not. One. Bit.

"P-proposed?" He gasped, trying not to sound too shocked and was glad now that he hadn't had his tea, or else he would have inhaled it and sputtered it all over the table. Forty gods and The Pit! Silence was going to explain this the second that he could get a moment alone with her. "Well, it's just… uh…" And this man, her father, thought he had wicked designs on his daughter, no doubt. Probably thought he'd probably violated her in a million different ways. Fathers. Tch. "…I can't afford a ring." He turned his face down as if ashamed and fidgeted with his cup again. "I swear sir, um, Baron, I haven't done anything to your daughter" like she'd let me, ha! "and I don't have any plans but to save up some money and get her a proper wedding band. I joined the Circus so that I could turn my life around, and I've done well so far. I don't want to mess up now. Not with Silence." Gah, Pit Worms, could he sound any more like a wobbling dandy?
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 am

Silence turned red again and glanced at Alec. "Indeed he is and I don't know what father sent me in here for, he'll tear Russell to pieces and I'll be the one stuck holding the bag! He can handle all sorts of things, my temper included, but that man interrogating him is a horse of a different feather!" She quickly made some hotcakes and grabbed some butter to put on a tray before fidgeting with a cooking utensil. "Seriously hope he gives me a chance to explain this to him...I didn't intend for father to suddenly go off on an interrogation with him." This was pure uncensored nervousness radiating from her and it was starting to really show.

She took the tray out and set it on the table then was immediately asked to fetch Rose for the morning meal. "A maid's job is never done, eh father?" she remarked dryly. "Not that I mind really I'm used to cooking and cleaning my own abode." She rapped on her sister's door lightly and tried to sound cheery. "Rose, father expects you for breakfast and we have another guest, best manners if you please." With that it was back into the kitchen to make sure everything else got done right and she muttered about being the maid once again. "Father will get an earful for this to-do with Russell. I swear it."
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Zold took a sip of his tea, half a grin flickering across his face. "I see. So you do mean to propose. Well, that's a relief. Though I'm surprised that it's the cost of the ring that's holding you back... Especially if you switched to being a performer to afford it. I was under the impression that prices for assassins were much higher." Siiip. "And Silence doesn't really seem like the type who needs an expensive ring."

By The Pit… Russell finally gave in and took a sip of his tea. "Well, I didn't have anything saved up from the assassin business. I had to leave Kaionar… in a little bit of a hurry. Some inner group strife. You know how it goes." No he didn't. He had no idea. "And being a side-show in the Circus doesn't quite bring in the coin that I'm used to. It took a little bit of adjusting. I know that she would't want much, but honestly, I want to show her that I really care." Lay on the dreamy pitiful act Russ 'ole boy, good job.

Dance, my puppet! Dance, DANCE! Ahahahaha. Was what Zold was thinking.

He took a gulp of his tea to keep from shouting and steadied his hand against the cup, elbows on the table. Manners be damned. "Thank you, Baron." He grinned, trying his best to look relieved. "That's a generous offer, and I know you want the best for your daughter, but sometimes a man has to do something for himself. How could I look at her on our wedding day with a ring you bought and hold my head high? Silence is an honest girl. I couldn't lie to her about our wedding day. It wouldn't sit right with me."

Zold frowned lightly. "No doubt you'd have other things to spend your money on. If you plan on building a life with my daughter, you'll have to buy a house, save money for raising children... it's tradition for the father of the wife to pay for much of the wedding, and I'd be more than happy to aleve that responsibility for the sake of your future with my daughter. If you'd rather speak to her on the matter, of course I could understand that. In a minute, of course." Since Zold wasn't done asking him questions yet.

"I… that's a good point, Baron." A lifeline, oh gods. And he was going to grab it desperately and hold on for dear life. "I haven't talked with her about marriage or anything yet. She loves working with the Circus. We both do. I couldn't ask her to let go of something she loves to settle down. Perhaps in a little while, but not yet. I do intend to ask for your daughter's hand, but not until she's ready. Until we're ready to take that kind of step."

Zold leaned back and crossed his arms, just studying him for a while. ".. You've turned down my offers to pay for a wedding... really.. it sounds like you've just been making excuses. Now it's hard to expect you to be honest after I made my position and status clear, but it rather seems like you're just leading her on. She seems very keen on you... I find it hard to believe that you haven't even discussed marriage."

He forced a chuckle that sounded natural enough and tilted his head to the side, secretly swearing that if he ever ran into the man in a dark abandoned alley that he wouldn't be walking out of it. "With all due respect, Baron, you don't know Silence. I love her, as much as a man can, I'm sure, but she get's a bit flighty around the subject of permanent commitment. It's the life she's led, having no one to support her, save the Circus. I'm just glad to be there for her, and when she's ready, I'll ask." Yes, you stew in your own guilt for abandoning your bastard, you self-righteous peacock.

Zold leaned forward and propped his elbow on the table, hoping to make Russell uncomfortable with their close proximity. There wasn't any guilt there, if Russell was looking for it. "Perhaps, perhaps not. You see, she had the opportunity to speak with my younger daughter, and while I was lecturing my younger daughter on manners, it came up that Silence thought of herself as spoken for - as if she already knew who she was going to marry. So she seems as though she is ready... let me ask you this candidly. Were you even aware that her feelings towards you were so strong?"

The real answer, of course, was no. Silence had only barely gotten over her squeamishness about physical proximity after the threat of hypothermia had forced them together, and hadn't seemed too keen on him in the meantime. They were friends at best as far as he'd seen, but this whole talk of marriage obviously meant something entirely different than what she'd shone him. "Not to this extent, no." He replied, using a hint of honesty. "I knew we were only seeing each other, and I knew that I would wait for her forever if that's what it took. I didn't know she was ready."

Zold leaned back and took a monocle out of his pocket and began to polish it. "Well to be perfectly frank, I'm really not which version of the story you've told I really believe. You seemed surprised enough when we started this conversation so I'm willing to believe that you were unaware of her feelings, but I expected somebody who used to kill for a living to be a little bit blunter from the get-go. Well this was a fancy dance we both did. That wasn't so hard though, was it? Let me finish by saying this - if you do intend to marry her, I recommend making your advances more obvious. What I said was true - I am of course willing to pay a hefty Dowry, and also finance the wedding and the ring if necessary. But if you break my daughters heart, intentionally or unintentionally, I'm sure I'll find some way to make you regret that decision."

His tea cup clicked loudly against his plate when he set it back down, having finished it off after that little stressful engagement, but was just glad that he could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Obviously, this nobleman had never met an assassin that talked his way out of getting killed before. "Of course, Baron. I wouldn't think of hurting Silence. The lass is dear to me, and I'd never want to break her heart." And now that he knew that was a real possibility, he didn't have to lie. Having politicians putting him on their hit list was not a life goal for him.

Zold smiled, relaxing. "Thank you, though, for taking this time to speak with me. I know it's never easy meeting potential in-laws. But, in case I speak with you in the future, I prefer honesty. I'm somewhat more inclined to be lenient when people are straightforward about their intentions. It makes the turbulant political life I lead somewhat clearer.

Russell smiled and nodded his head. How did he tell Zold that he had up until this point never considered anything remotely resembling marriage to Silence? He didn't. That's what he said. Better to keep his mouth shut after this little display. He was already half in the ground, no need to add more dirt to the pile. "I'll keep that in mind, Baron. It was a little shocking to suddenly find out that she comes from a respectful family, I'll admit I didn't see it coming."

"That's fair," Zold said with half a laugh. "I just discovered this fact myself. I was under the impression I only had one daughter. Sadly, her ... late, respectful mother opted not to tell me that she was with-child, and as a result, I missed out on what might have been a much healthier, happier family than the one she was raised with. I'm only glad now that she has found happiness in spite of her struggles."

Silence walked in with a tray on her arm and rolled her eyes at her father. "Dare I ask what horrors have transpired in my absence? Or more bluntly, father what have you done in sending me to help Alec fix breakfast?"

Zold smiled pleasantly. "Nothing, I believe that your friend and I just came to an understanding about each other's intentions. I hope the lad isn't shaken too much - I'm sure that a stout assassin like himself can take a little bit of civil discussion, right?" He smiled at Russell. Then, to Alec, "Would you go and fetch my younger daughter for me?"

Alec went to go fetch Rose, as directed, to bring her back down.

Russell smiled cordially back at Zold with a slight nod of his head. "Of course." He raised his cup only to realize that he'd drank the last of it and set it back down with a small sigh. "Don't worry about me, luv." He said instead to Silence. "Your father's a good man. Just looking out for his daughter."

THATS RIGHT that's exactly what Zold was and what he was doing. He nodded in agreement with Russell.

Alec came back down with Rose, who didn't even spare a glance at Silence or the new stranger.

Russell : *quietly getting over a heart attack*

Silence: Guess everyone can start eating if there isn't some set routine to go through." Rose still made her feel rather annoyed with her prissy attitude, but best not to let it show.

"So you're not one of the performers yourself?" Zold asked.

"Oh no, I am." Russell smiled at the Baron, now fairly practiced at remaining pleasant. "It turns out that my skills as a sub-par assassin can come in handy on a tight rope, actually. Surprise to me."

"How did you and Silence meet, if I may ask?"

Oh. Oh crap. "Well, that's a funny story actually. We met here in Kaionar when the Circus was visiting. She was looking for a cure. Frederick bit her, you see. I happened to be in the shop she went to go get the remedy."

"... Fredrick... bit her...?" Zold looked at Russell dubiously, though there was something that he absolutely wanted to ask, but he chose not to ask it. Instead, "Is Fredrick some kind of poisonous Dragon? The beast was put down, right?"

"Er, no. He's a spider... centuar... thing." He wasn't entirely sure how to explain the man-spider in a way that grasped his character. He wasn't even used to Frederick. "He sort of bites people as a way to show them he likes them. Seems it's become a rite of passage."

"... So there's a poisonous half-spider boy working at the very circus that you're working at, and he likes biting people? Why exactly has this beast not been killed yet?"

He shrugged his shoulders in a small lift. "He draws crowds. We get a lot of customers there to see the man-spider beast."

----

After Breakfast, while Silence was up washing the dishes, Rose excused herself and popped into the kitchen, with her arms crossed. She lingered for a moment, before sighing. "Can I talk to you or are you going to get all upset again? I wanted to say something before you stormed off. It's rude, you know. I was going to write, but you're still here."

Rose leaned against a counter, snacking lightly on one of the berries that hadn't been served out during breakfast. "Your problem is that you only think you're worth a few silver. I ask you this - if you're worth only a handful of coinage, why is it that anybody should spend any of their time on you at all? If you want my respect, then you should respect yourself a little bit more, and think more highly of yourself. But if you don't command respect for yourself (without throwing a temper-tantrum), then nobody else will respect you either, including me, and including father. I know this is an unusual situation for you, and I know you don't like me, but as long as you're trying to kiss up to me because you want to be my bigger sister because you don't want me to hate you, then that's showing how much value you think you're worth." She sighed and went to the ice-box and poured herself a glass of milk that had been delivered this morning.

".... You can't be my older sister. I don't have anything to learn from you. But... if you want... we might be able to socialize as acquaintances, as long as you stop trying to suck up." Rose, here was offering the olive-branch in a way.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 6:02 pm

She felt embarrassed having to hear this from a child but brushed the feeling away and smiled. "Well alright then if that's what you want. I'll be honest you're still a child to me and I think there's plenty out there that you haven't learned, but it's not like I can force anything on you." Okay so she sold herself a bit short on her worth, it was humility! "It's called humility, Rose, when you're not high class you can't get away with saying you're the greatest thing since salt preservation. I was so concerned about making a good impression that I did the opposite by accident, fancy that! I'm worth a good deal apparently if a man like Russell enjoys my company." Silence didn't feel quite so uneasy around the girl now, and it would only get easier to talk to her, but she felt like Rose was looking down her nose at her.

"Seems to me my issues around here are that I don't fit in with everyone else and what they expect of me. Back home what everyone expects of me is to do my job, do it right, and be happy with myself. I'm insecure around here because for all intents I just found out I have family, they're highly respectable, and I'm a disgrace to them." Now that the magic wasn't pushing her emotions at her like a tsunami, she was overall a happier person and making light of things became all the easier. "I know you're not too happy to have to share your father, or to have a sibling at all, but I'm not going to be here very long before I have to leave again, the elf at the breakfast table included."
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:21 pm

"Don't put words in my mouth," Rose snipped. "I can imagine how you think that I'm worried about sharing Father, but that's not what it's about. It's easy to think that the problem I have with you is something that's my fault, and doesn't have anything to actually do with who you are, but that's simply not true." She paused a bit, and exhaled lightly. "The truth is, you barged into my room and started asking me about the state of how I choose to live. Just because I'm upper class, am I the meaner one? Is it less of an insult to me, just because you're the victim of a poor upbringing? You wanted to push your ideas onto me like friendship when we hardly know each other. You got offended when I didn't immediately agree, simply because I stated, truthfully, that you can do what you want and I wouldn't intervene," Rose said irritably. "And then you had the audacity to call me selfish. Well. So are you. But I didn't want anything from you - I didn't want you to prance in and try to force yourself on me. It was you who wanted something from me. You wanted my immediate, unconditional love, and you were the one who wanted ME to be more like YOU, not the other way around. In your insecurity, you sought to feel more 'correct' by bringing me down, rather than boosting yourself up."

She scowled. "And, I'm sorry for giving you the advice that you should think more of yourself. Whatever relationship you have with father isn't my business. I know that you have your own life and you're not staying here, and I know that my father is a kind, passionate man who will do anything for the ones he loves, and if you deserve some of that, I'm happy for you. My problem with you is your attitude towards me, and nothing more."

She tightened her lips, realizing that she had been losing her temper a little bit. "I'm sorry, I don't like being talked down to. I apologize for the harsh words I used, but that is how I feel. Please forgive my rude outburst."

When she was a little calmer, she continued.

"Feel free to be humble, but stop calling me selfish. Just the way you didn't ask to be born into a poor family, I didn't ask to be born into this one, but I'm glad I was, and I embrace it. Does that make me a terrible person, for accepting and appreciating my comfortable lifestyle? I'm not blind to the life of the poor, but whether or not I have a bleeding heart of them, I'm not going to forsake my father and my upbringing to appease the poor masses."

"I know this is hard for you, and I know you feel like you don't fit in... because you don't. That's a part of who you are, though, and I know this world is beyond you. Don't judge your value based on whether or not that elf in there wants you or not, because then your self-value is just going to decrease if he chooses not to marry you, since he's not in a contract to wed you. Not that I'm saying he will, but your self-worth has to come from within you."

"So what I'm saying, ultimately, is this: If you want to fit in a little bit more, have a little more confidence. And stop putting me down to make up for your lack of confidence. I'm willing to work with you considering your confidence short-comings, but what I WON'T tolerate is having any stranger, family or not, trying to change who I am. I happen to like who I am. Whether you like me or not is your business, and whether I like who you are or not, I'm not going to try to change who you are. But we can still be polite to one another, whether or not we agree with the other."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:20 pm

"You've got short-comings too little missy, nobody's perfect. I'll be damned if I ever think I'm worthless, but Russell is the only person in this whole world who really makes me think I'm worth more than just the time of day. Wait till you're my age and you get sweet on someone, then you might understand." She dried some of the dishes and checked them for extra spots during her talk and then began stacking them to be put away. "Do you have any idea of life beyond this city? Beyond this 'house' even? How can you appear to know so much if you never go out and experience things for yourself?" Rose really did sound like a child who couldn't get her way. "When I was your age I never imagined leaving Golam, period. I couldn't fathom it, it was all I knew that existed. A year later my entire world is ripped away from me and I'm left to die who-knows-where thousands of miles from home. You can think you're all grown up and know everything you need to survive beyond the limits of this property, but I'm telling you firsthand that you're wrong."

She was trying to help and give her advice, even if she didn't want it. She took some of the cheeriness from her voice and replaced it with a tinge of concern. "I know you don't want or think you need advice from me, and for being so young you've surpassed me in a couple of ways already. The only worry that I have with you, whether you like it or not, is that you're growing up a bit too fast. I can't change that and it's not my place to wish for such things; do you think maybe you could smile now and then? I bet you're three times prettier when you smile than when you look neutral." She had a lot of her father in her, for sure. "If you ever need anything, someone to talk to or otherwise, feel free to ask." She finished with the dishes and turned to Rose. "I think I'll go make sure father and Russell are getting along, if we're done with our conversation for the moment."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Russell awkwardly tapped his fingers against his knees and was grateful when his cup was refilled. It gave him something to do other than stare at the Baron with nothing to say. It's not like he could talk about the effectiveness of knives forged by different blacksmiths, or swap stories about mishaps at the Circus. They were literally as different as night and day, and the ex-assassin turned performer had no idea how one addressed nobility without the threat of execution looming over his head. He wished that Silence would come back in. At least that would probably keep Zold from voicing out loud any more threats of bodily harm should he do any damage, mental or physical, to his beloved eldest daughter. Pit Worms, what had he gotten himself into?

"So," He started, playing absently with the handle of his teacup. "You have another daughter, then?" He'd seen the girl enter the room briefly, and assumed that she belonged to the man. Otherwise, things were about to get real awkward real quick. Some Kaionarian nobles had strange fetishes. "Is she anything at all like Silence?"
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 pm

Rose smoothed herself out with her regained poise. "Your pity is misplaced. I don't pity myself, so there's no need for you to pity me either," she said cooly. "While I appreciate your concern, it's wasted. Yes, I suppose we're done." She was fairly sure that this conversation hadn't gotten her anywhere. Acquaintance was it.

Zold glanced towards the kitchen, where Rose had gone to follow Silence. He was expecting another disaster. "Ah... yes. A younger daughter. Her name is Rose. But I don't think that she and Revena - pardon me, I mean Silence- I don't think they get together particularly well. They're from two very different worlds, and I think their idea of caring is very different from the other's, so I don't believe they see eye-to-eye. I forbade them from speaking to each other seeing as they seem to make the other upset, but... Ahh, this doesn't bode well. I really don't want either of my daughters to be upset."

As Rose and Silence left the kitchen, Rose was looking a bit perturbed but she was trying to remain graceful. Zold was relieved to see that neither of them were in tears or on fire. Zold smiled at Silence and patted the seat next to him, beckoning her to sit beside him.

Zold gestured to her. "Ah, Rose, this is your sister's dearest friend, Russell. Russell, this is my youngest treasure, Rose."

Rose took a seat on the other side of Zold, and glanced at Russell. She cleared her throat and decided to try to be conversational. "So miss Revena tells me that your marriage to her isn't an arranged marriage," she said, looking a little curious. "Do marriages of impulsive love last as long as arranged marriages? I've never met anybody who ever married anybody else when it wasn't arranged by their parents." And Silence had also said something about him being an assassin, hadn't she? Which made this man dangerous.... which, in turn, made him also pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:45 am

Revena? Was that her birth name? Russell filed it away to ask about later and sipped his tea, a smile twitching at his lips when he hear that the Baron's two daughters got along about as well as oil and water. He certainly was not surprised to hear that answer. Russell had no advice on how to help the man help his daughters get along better and was saved from having to say something polite by the entrance of the subjects of their conversation. He looked up, trying to gauge Silence's mood and catch her eye. She seemed slightly irritated, but not volatile, which was a good step in the right direction if the Baron didn't want his daughters estranged from each other.

When the introductions were made and his voice was mentioned he nodded and muttered a polite greeting, taking another sip of his tea. His unanswered question of the nature of Zold's youngest daughter quickly answered itself when the girl opened her mouth, and Russell found himself smiling despite himself. Now I see where she got it from. For as different as Silence and Rose were, it was very clear that they both had inherited their father's penchant for speaking straight and getting to the heart of the matter. No wonder the girls didn't get along. Still, her question left him in dire straights, and his smile was that of a man who had just seen the last door close on an opportunity to escape. There were only a handful of outcomes now.

"I wouldn't exactly call it impulsive, lass." He said with as much patience as he had left and a warm tone. He could only pray that Silence would not become a key player in his impending doom. "And we aren't getting married just yet." He took another sip of tea to give himself a second to think about what else he would say to the girl's inquiry that wouldn't also set Silence off. "I've seen plenty of people who married for love, especially outside of Kaionar outside of the nobility. They seem happy with their choices. I hope that if I ever have the honor of being your older sister's husband, that we would be just as happy together." Laying on the charm thickly was one of his specialties, and turning his face toward his apparent intended, he shot Silence the most heart-filled smile he could and reached out to gently place his hand over hers in a quiet display of affection.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:51 am

His displays of affection were enough to get her blushing, and she tried her best to get him out of this hole he'd dug himself into. "Father whhat I said earlier was not supposed to lead to anything close to this morning's breakfast interrogation. I deliberately didn't tell you about "his" intentions because I was under the impression that he wasn't quite ready for marriage just yet. We're still getting to know each other you see, and while you know how we feel about each other, how many marriages fall apart because the spouses are completely ill-suited for one another? We're taking our time to make sure that we're not just rushing into this blindly. Perhaps another year or so, maybe two; we're not financially stable enough to support a family or make more...permanent arrangements as it were."

To try and look more convincing she leaned against his shoulder. "Mind you we don't intend to leave our jobs and settle in a mundane home somewhere, it's too boring." Suddenly Geronimo hurried in and looked at Silence. "Sorry to interrupt but, Revena I-OWWWW!" She was cut short by SIlence yanking her to eye-level and glaring at her. Her voice was even but with a deadly irritation. "You named me 'Silence', you're not allowed to call me 'Revena'." Ger tried to do the puppy dog eyes and said, " Yes dear..." which in turn caused Silence to drag her to the kitchen, still pinching her ear in a vice grip. "Ow...ow...ow...ow!" Moments later the raven haired gypsy returned and sat back down. "Terribly sorry, Geronimo shouldn't burst in like that again. Where were we? I do hope this entire marriage subject is clear, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:03 am

Rose was super confused. What exactly had just happened? She stayed quiet about Geronimo's rather rude everything, and Silence's very rude display.

Zold tightened his lips. That man was ridiculous. And yet Silence was perfectly happy pinching him and punishing him. Just like a married couple. After Silence had just said that she wasn't really sure if she wanted to marry the assassin, Zold's heart sank. He'd prefer the Assassin over Geronimo any day of the week. At least Mr. Russell was TRYING to kiss his ass, which was a sign of politeness and malleability, and slightly happier holiday family gatherings. Geronimo was just hot-headed and Zold couldn't stand him. He realized that his teeth were clenched, so he forced himself to relax. "That's a pity," he said with a sigh. "I apologize, then, for trying to push the matter. You're 20, Revena, which is well beyond an appropriate marital age. If you feel you should wait, then I will not force the issue. I only want to see you happy."

Rose raised an eyebrow a little bit. "Uhm... Mister Russell... If that's how she treats her men... are you sure this relationship is right for you? She seems to think that, as a woman, she can abuse and molest her male friends, when that's simply not the role of the woman."

"Rose," Zold said firmly, "for now, perhaps you should keep your opinions to yourself for the time."

Rose gave a somber nod. "Yes, father. I apologize."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:25 am

He wanted to smack himself in the face as soon as Silence's little display unfolded and only resisted because his cup had more tea in it, calming the urge by finishing his second cup. Gods, he hoped it wasn't poisoned, or he was going to be very dead by the time this was all over and done with. Although it might be a boon to die via poison the way that this was all going. He was curious about the man that had suddenly barged into the room only to be taken away, and he eyed the newcomer with the intensity of an intelligence gatherer, noting the way that he walked. There was a subtle drop of his hips as he walked behind Silence, bent over as he was to save his ear that set off warning bells in Russell's mind. He had personally tried to fake being a woman enough times to recognize an actor when he saw one, but that information was going to be his alone, something to use in the future if it became necessary. Turning his attention back to the other at the table, he didn't have to fake the smile that came from Rose's assessment of Silence's tendency toward violence.

"Don't worry little lass, she got that all out of her system when we first met." He offered the younger daughter another one of his kind smiles and looked at Silence out of the corner of his eye. "Although at the time, I definitely wasn't someone she would have guessed to be with now. I was still an assassin at that point, after all." Meaning, he'd tried to kill her, so the ramification of his actions were well justified at the time. He would leave that to Rose to fill in the blanks however. He wouldn't bring up the argument that the role of a woman in Kaionar was a loosely interpreted notion either. She had a few years to learn that yet.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 am

"She's still a child, let her speak freely while she has the chance. In just a couple of short years everyone will expect her to be seen and not heard. She'll learn in time, dear." With that she took a sip of her tea and set the cup and saucer down. "Father I "do" intend to marry, but I don't feel like I know my...darling well enough to make an engagement official. You'll be among the first to know when things change, I assure you. Wouldn't want to leave you out of my life at this stage now would we?" A few minutes of quiet passed before Silence sighed and straightened in her chair. "So how will the rest of the day be going since all the action's happened at breakfast?"

"Unless someone can think of something I'm going to explore the house and try not to get lost. If you'll excuse me." Here she rose from her seat and looked at the intimidating staircase into the unknown that was the second floor of the vast home. "Oh dear..."
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 am

Huff. Rose had half a mind to say "Bite me" to Silence, but had refrained. Instead, with Silence gone, she looked at Russell and her eyes started to sparkle. "So you WERE an assassin!" That's fascinating. We've had assassins here before - of course never on official business but never as a possible familial guest, either!" THIS WAS SO COOL. "Who was the most important you've ever killed?"

"Rose, that's hardly appropriate for the breakfast table."

"I was just asking." Pout. "Well, all right. May I show our guest around then?" u.u That way she could ask him questions about assassination NOT at the breakfast table, since her father was being polite. "I'm sure you'd love to see the garden." She stood brightly and beckoned for Russell to follow her.

Zold sighed. "Yes, of course." He stood and went up to .. he didn't know what to do to be honest. He was feeling sort of drained from interrogating everything and trying to keep the peace. He was tired of having to be super nice to everybody because he was worried about his eldest daughter's opinion. She was so odd. Very unlike every other person in his life. "I'l be in my study." He wasn't sure Silence wanted to talk to him right now.

Alec, who had been standing very, very quietly, decided to follow after Silence.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:56 pm

It took all of his self-restraint not to sigh with relief when the Baron made it clear that he was done with the interrogation entirely now, which was to say that it was a great effort, because Russell had a lot of self-restraint. All this talk of marriage was making him fidgety, and he was eager to do something else -anything else- so as to avoid the topic. Even if that meant entertaining the strangely enthralled little Rose. He looked to Silence for some sort of direction; it was her sister after all, but his would-be intended was already leaving the room to go explore the house. "I'll catch up with you later, luv." He called before she disappeared entirely and turned his attention back to Rose.

It struck him as strange that she was so enthralled with his profession of killing people. Zold's weak attempt to stave off the line of questioning probably would not deter the girl for very long, especially if this trip to the gardens resulted in them being alone together for an extended period of time. Standing, he prepared himself to answer her as diplomatically as possible without horrendously incriminating himself in the process. She seemed innocent enough, but he could never be too careful. There were people in the city who probably still held a grudge after all, and far be it for him to deliver himself on a silver platter. "Why so interested in assassinating, little lass? I didn't think pretty noble girls had an interest in the dealings of rapscallions." He allowed Rose to escort him out of the dining room, just glad to be away from Zold and took up a cheerful conversational tone that he didn't necessarily need to fake. The girl seemed pleasant enough, even if her taste for gossip was a little strange.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:20 pm

The second set of footsteps weren't tough to detect and she paused in her stride down the hallway to look at Alec. "I suppose now I see why at least part of your description was correct. Though now I wish I hadn't come here at all. Rose doesn't like me and never will because I'm "beneath" her, father's likely ashamed of me for being twenty and unmarried, and hellfire I don't even know if Russell will bloody speak to me after this fiasco much less continue whatever relationship we have. I'm not sure we'll have anything close to a 'relationship' when all is said and done." For all she knew he might just go back to the circus pack his things and head off for one of the numerous cities surrounding Kaionar. "I will definitely speak to father later about him doing this. When I told him about Russell I didn't think for a second that he'd pull this stuffed shirt act and embarrass me like this."

Luckily for Zold, Geronimo had taken off to have a look about the city and do a little exploring, thus she wouldn't be troubling him any more for that day. "Definitely going to try and explain this to Russ when Rose is done learning his trade. Why she wants to know so badly I've no clue." Ignoring the tension and stress from just a short time ago she leaned against the left wall and slid into a sitting position without actually sitting on the ground*. It looked deceptively simple to do, but if you weren't used to it you'd either slide down and hit your rear or your legs would burn within the first ten seconds. "You cook, right Alec? Think you could teach me a good cake recipe I think this calls for sweets then a massive workout."

[OOC: i.e. the "chair" and it's not an easy thing to do for long periods of time]
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:28 pm

Alec put a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, Silence. I'm sorry it turned out like this. He can be a difficult man to get along with... but... I suppose... in his defense..." He smiled sheepishly. "Evelyn may want to be a boy, but she's still my daughter. If she were to get married to somebody I never met, I'd grill that individual just as hard. It's actually... well, it surprised me, to be honest. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have invited him over to meet him. I'm not going to say that he doesn't want what's best for you because I have no right to read into what Zold is saying, but from this outsider's perspective, what he did to Russell was actually the most normal paternal response I've ever seen from that man. Though, agan, if you want to leave, I'll be behind you the whole way. I'd be happy to not give that man any kind of a chance."

He smiled at her. "I do cook, in fact. Cakes aren't really my specialty, but I can make a savory meal, and a frosty milk treat. Have you ever had iced-cream? If I have some ice, cream, sugar, and any other flavoring you want, I could make it for you. I used to make it for Eve- I mean, Dmitri - all the time. But I know the basics of a cake... I guess Cake just was never really my favorite dessert, but I can do it."

Rose escorted him out into the gardens. There was a horse-dragon hangin' out off to the side, by the way, and sort of glared at Russell from a distance, but otherwise went on minding its own business. It was very well groomed... there were fewer flowers, and more bushes that were trimmed into squares, etc, but there was a rose-tree in the middle of the garden. Well, to be more exact, it was an apple tree with pink and white roses grafted onto it. Otherwise, the garden was neat, but a little bit plain. She strolled with him idly as they chatted. "What? Interested? Why wouldn't I be interested in my half-sister's love-interest? And besides, you must have stories. I like stories well enough, since I'll never have an adventure of my own. It's nice to hear other people's adventures. Is that so wrong? Besides, I bet your adventures are a lot more life-threatening and daring than other people's adventures. AND you're from Kaionar... I wonder if you've killed anybody I know...!" Enthusiastic ponder!

Last edited by Jula on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 am

Ah, excellent. All he needed was another audience member. Russell eyed the horse dragon right back, knowing better than to mistake such a creature for an unintelligent beast. He'd been around Kaionar when the underbelly was ruled by a ruthless man and his dragon pup, neither of which were to be underestimated. Luckily it seemed uninterested in the two walking the gardens or else he would have suggested that they move elsewhere to discuss his nefarious past. "Stories, eh lass? Well, I've certainly got a number of those to share, though maybe you don't want to hear the more bloody ones." Fat chance of that. She seemed like she was desperate for anything out of the normal, even if it did involve stabbing.

He was actually afraid the he might have killed someone that she knew. That was the problem. Instead of tackling it, he decided that he'd side-step it for now. "Well, how about a little scandal that I was a part of? This was… oh how many years ago? A few, at any rate. Back when the the Weaver's Guild was run by a woman. Lady… Eckhart, I think? Yes, Eckhart. Lovely woman. Well, I don't know if you know this story, but I'll bet you don't know how it all came about." He grinned in remembrance of the whole affair, a wistful expression crossing his face. "Well, someone wanted Lady Eckhart out of the way, but didn't want her killed. That's where the scandal hatched, originally. You see, the dear Lady had a certain fondness for, ah, younger companions. Usually, such things are left well enough alone. The nobility does as it wills, after all. But, one time, the Lady was caught in the act by her husband of all people with one of the lads." Here his voice dropped dramatically, as if the rumor were still viable and only to be entrusted with the right circle of friends. "But it wasn't just any lad. It was the Master of Trade's son. And when the Master of Trade found out that the Lady Eckhart was dancing the devil's tango with his son..."

Russell whistled and straightened up. "Well, it all escalated fairly quickly from there. But, the curious thing about it all was the the Master of Trade's son swore up and down that he'd never touched Lady Eckhart." He grinned mischievously and held up a single finger. "And do you know? He was telling the truth. So how could that be? Well, I can see you're dying for an answer, so I'll tell you. The Master of Trade's son was me."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 pm

"I suppose iced-cream will make me feel a lot better than eating cake. Let's go make it!" With that she practically slid down the banister and waited for him in the kitchen. So this stuff was just cream, ice, sugar, and flavoring? Sounded easy enough to her. It was a trial waiting for it to be done, but once she got to east some she felt jumping for joy, it tasted amazing! "Alec you're a genius! I won't feel half so bad about exercising now!" She could eat this by the cauldron and not feel guilty until she started losing her figure. Then she got her first brain-freeze and eased off on eating it quite so fast. "Alec I don't suppose this place has an empty room, does it? I don't want to break anything and have father get angry with me. Nor do I want to give Rose any insult material."

There was just no way Russell was having more fun than her at this point in the day. He was off entertaining her preteen half-sister and she got to try iced cream before going off to practice, the joys of trying new things! "If there isn't one I'll just find a room that's not being occupied and improvise, I'm not too picky so long as I'm not outside where people will stop and stare at me."
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 10:17 am

Well, it was those ingredients to be sure, plus ice and salt to cool the cream (it took two containers to make) and about an hour of mixing. But fortunately, after that hour was done and Alec was hellishly exhausted, a very delicious strawberry icecream was produced (mostly because strawberries were likely more common than Vanilla and Chocolate or other contemporary ice-cream flavors). In Kaionar, since it was a desert, Ice itself was a treasured commodity, and Zold was rich enough to have a block delivered every day which made the expensive treat feasible. Of course, it wasn't even a whole gallon of iced-cream considering that Zold maybe only had a quart of cream, and Alec used all of it, but it was plenty enough for the two of them and one extra bowl. For now though he put the extra serving back in the ice-box for later.

He looked at Silence a bit sadly as she expressed her need for an empty room. "Well, of course there are the guest rooms that are set aside. The bedroom you slept in wont' have anybody in it to bug you if you need some space," he said.

At that particular moment, the front door was knocked on. Alec, being the nice person that he was, went to answer it. A messenger handed a box to him. "For miss Revena Grimhart," said the messenger. "From mister Mitchell Tailor."

"Thank you," Alec said politely. When the messenger held his hand out for a tip, Alec, looking rather annoyed to be expected to tip for Zold, grabbed a fancy-looking knick-knack off the wall and handed it to the messenger, who looked right and confused. Alec closed the door on him before he could protest, however, and Alec handed the package to Silence. "For you, apparently."

If Silence were to open the package, she wouldn't find a nice, formal dress, befitting of a high-class woman. Instead, she would see something that Zold hoped would matter more to his daughter - an outfit that very much resembled the circus outfit that she had set on fire yesterday. However, there was a distinct difference - the fabric used for this outfit was of extraordinarily high quality silk, and every part of it that didn't flow or billow was adorned with real jewels, and gold thread trimmed everything. This was the circus performing costume for a queen, and it was impressive enough that it could probably be worn in public and still give off the impression of a foreigner of high-standing. But she probably shouldn't wear it in Kaionar or else she would just have it stripped from her in a robbery. A fortune was spent on this particular garment, especially considering it had been completed in a single day.

Of course, that was only if Silence chose to open it. Alec looked at her expectantly, curious about the contents of the package himself.

Rose really, really wanted to be interested in Russell's story. He told it well, and it was indeed scandalous... but stories were only truly scandalous when they involved people who were actually important to today's current events. Things like juicy gossip about who was having an affair with whom, or what person was putting their eggs in the wrong basket - and this WAS one such story, it just didn't involve anybody who she cared about. Even with the big reveal that Russell had been the subject of the affair, he still wasn't important enough to make a difference in day to day life. Really what mattered was being able to re-tell the story... except, seeing as she had no friends, that wasn't really something she could d anyway. Even so, she was interested in Russell enough that she feigned interest in the story well enough... and it WAS an interesting tale, even if it was a little irrelevant. He kept dodging his professional stories, which were the ones she really wanted to hear about.... buuuut since he did seem to be avoiding them like the plague, she figured it was polite to not press the issue, even if it made Russell much more of a fuddv-duddy. But his cool to lameness ratio was still 5:1 considering he was still an assassin. He was just a weirdly polite one. She supposed it was better than Lyvos at least, who she knew made her Daddy very uncomfortable. Not that he was a problem anymore, since she heard that he had died.

So to humor him since he was just telling this story to humor her to begin with, she leaned forward, her eyes deceitfully large and sparkly as if she had been on the edge of her seat. "Okay. I have to ask. If you were caught with her... but you weren't actually ... uh..." She flushed a bit, since ladies weren't supposed to be crass. "... If you weren't actually doing anything physical with her, but you WERE caught doing something... what was it you were doing with her? How did you manage to make it look like she had done something unsavory to you, when, in fact, you didn't have to lose any of your pride to her?" It was kinda interesting at least. At least it was more interesting than any story that could have originated in that circus place. Which reminded her...

"Oh, by the way... you said there was somebody in the circus named Fredrick, right?" She hesitated, looking torn on whether or not to keep asking about it. She didn't really want to reveal anything about herself that she didn't have to, and asking too many questions might convey the wrong impression. "... I don't suppose... I don't suppose he's a fourteen-year-old with pointed ears, blond hair, pale skin, a lot of silly pride and knack for being tactless, is he?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)    Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family Reunion (Liza, Jula and Aero)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next