Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

(Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:42 pm

Rintho wished he could answer that, but all he could do was sigh in a long fashion in response.
"Unfortunately, in all places it would seem, there is a portion of those that cannot have a mind in harmony or balance..and choose to be extreme in the worst ways imaginable. That is Maledictus Eice, the dragons I have mentioned before. I would hope that they disappear through their own foolishness." He might have spoken more, and began to sound a word but then Atoro seemed quite distracted and he tilted his head to one side.

"My Lord?" He asked inquisitively, wondering what had taken his interest. "Is something there?"

This would have to do. She did not like how she had no orientation herself, no idea where the next guard or Surahnian might be....and now she cursed herself for not having the foresight to steal any more potion than that which she already carried upon her. It was too late now, she could not get back in without paying a grave price; all the better to run away.
Yet she stalked slowly in the trees, aimlessly, dithering to the edge near the clear strip at times to look out for guards, and sometimes deeper to shield herself from sight.
This was it, her chance to get away, and the Surahnian Lord could eat his own heart for all she cared; she would not return, she was not loyal to him and she owed him nothing. His people she had been told, were a disgusting sort, and she now knew why. With another look into the clear land she then darted away into the forest, making it her aim to go far, far away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Atoro was still listening to Rintho’s words, although he stared hard out of the window too now. There was definitely something moving around in the trees below, although it was difficult to tell from two stories up in the building. Certainly something bigger than the rabbit he had assumed it to be at first glance however.
It passed his mind that he did not know how long the lich had been in the building before he had happened to come across Atoro, quite by accident. Fumbling in the corridor, it had been like he had not known where to find the man; had a vague impression, but other than that… was lost.
“Rintho…” he started, obviously preoccupied, “before I came across you, was there anyone else that you saw? If so… what did you speak to them?”
He did not suspect the lich, but he had a vague uncomfortable feeling that he had missed a very important something.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 12:03 am

The conversation took a sudden twist, Atoro's tone was more vague and less insistent, yet nothing about it betrayed lightness. What was the matter with him now? Rintho did not like it when he took such changes in demeanour.
"Anybody else I saw, my Lord?" He repeated after him, then narrowing his eyes in thought, briefly recalling his journey to finding Atoro...slipping into a room and. "Well, yes my Lord, a servant I saw, but I also did speak with one. See, I heard someone speak of your room, I thought I might find you there, I knocked and was surprised to find the door open after a servant had left."

"You were not there, but a small woman was instead. Not to worry, nothing tragic happened I am pleased to say. She just sat there and did not speak much. I only spoke idly with her wondering where you were, saying how I had heard you would be gone for much of the day...Why, why do you ask my Lord?" Rintho spoke politely, still curious but now on edge.
Atoro's sudden questions were rarely innocent or for their own sake.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:28 pm

Not pulling his eyes once from the window and the vague movement that now made off stealthily through the trees, Atoro’s heart began to sink, then plummet as Rintho spoke.
He had seen Yuzan. He had spoken to Yuzan. She knew he wasn’t going back for her.
He had been so very careful to make sure that she didn’t know his pattern, couldn’t judge when he would spring on her again, and now Rintho had ruined it all for him. Even if the figure hadn’t been her…
Atoro was not a fool, neither was she. Of course it was her, who else would have been skulking bush-from-bush?

“Shit!” He whirled away from the window, his papers scattering under his hands as he ran for the door, yanking it open. All his planning, for nothing! He wanted to throttle Rintho where he stood until he understood what he had done, but there was no time for that, if it really was Yuzan he had seen darting away. “You stay here, I will deal with you when I get back.”
War Father help him if he escaped, Rintho would not have a bright future. The same went for if Yuzan escaped.
He ran from the room with haste, taking the stairs two at a time. Atoro’s heart sunk even further when he turned the flight to find a window wide open in front of him- there was barely any need to check that his room was empty, was there? Nobody left the windows wide open, and certainly not flapping around in the wind like this one.
He kept going down the stairs, no time to set the shutters straight, mind leaping ahead as he tried to work out the layout of Jiluria and its various wooded spots, but he was unfamiliar with it. Even Atoro could not memorise the layout of each town he visited in such short a time.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Rintho watched still as Atoro looked out the window seriously, not quite grasping what was happening inside of his head so quickly. But when he cursed Rintho jolted back, anticipating the worst from the man, but no, he seemed far too preoccupied. And even though he ran out in such haste without paying any note to Rintho, he knew better than to think it might have nothing to do with himself.
Of course it did, and judging by Atoro's reaction...it was...something to do with what he had told him? The woman? No...

Of course, Yuzan had little clue of what was happening behind her, but she did know better than to linger too long. Atoro, she had learned, was extremely observant. It would not surprise her for him to notice a hair out of place, nevermind her disappearance.
So she at times almost broke into a run, sometimes loping lazily over the forest floor, staying nearest to the shrubs as she could, though they were not great cover.
Yet, her weakness did show. It made her quite breathless after little time, the poor food and drink she was given now showing through...Yuzan felt tired with little distance covered, but she dare not turn back. Not when freedom was in the air, and Atoro would only become further and further behind.
Yuzan stopped to look behind, and there was still nothing and still no sound. But now instead of her heart, she heard her breaths, and this spurred her to move again. The woodland could not go on for long, not in a town like Jiluria.
Already she began to dare to think, of what she would do once she were a safe distance from him...but for now she was dressed in obvious slave robes, without shelter for her face...
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Atoro ignored any looks he gained from running through the council building, too hurried to get outside to respect protocol. He was the most important man in Jiluria in any case; there was none to stop him.
The air outside was warm and fresh, and he might normally have paused to view the grubby town and try and focus on the fact that he could see at least a little greenery in front of him, instead of purely books, but he just ran round the edge of the building now. Was there time to take a horse? In the long run it might aid him, but for now, the trail was growing colder every minute… The same questions arose for taking others with him. He knew which way she had run, but what if he couldn’t see further than where she had left only close to the building? She would get away…

He decided not to slow as he ran around to where she had leapt from the window, looking up at the side of the building until he saw the open window, then his further above; the Willow Mother was with him so far at least, that she had chosen such a window. Any other and he might not have seen. He turned to scour the ground from there, seeing where she had left heavy prints on landing… the rest of what she had left was not nearly as easy.
Others would be needed then. Already he was wasting time, running to find help when he should have been on Yuzan’s heels… it should not even have happened.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:40 pm

She kept moving now, telling herself he might be following her this moment, even though more likely he did not know yet. He would not be in until later in the day, if that man was to be believed. But perhaps a guard?
Nothing would convince her to waste her time. Yuzan realised this forest was just as much a wild one as it was a garden to the council chambers, and she could see the edge of it where it met a part of the town. She would have to go there; these woods gave her little place to hide...but in a town, all manner of places would be available...But she had to avoid the guards, being as conspicuous as ever. Skirting her way on the fringes, Yuzan looked furtively from her cover. This part lead on to a busy part of town with the shops of more respectable trades.
Skulking along, she looked for quiet and well sheltered opening, still stuck within the confines of the greenery. Once in the town, she had already decided she would then be going far from Jiluria, but if only she had a way to conceal herself in this Surahnian land.
Her status was far too obvious. Escapee slaves, were beaten or dead ones. Yet if there were enough locals about...

Of course, Atoro did not count on the fact that Rintho would be following him. Who did the man think he was, to just run away and explain nothing? It would just force him to have to meet the foul creature again, and so, Rintho would this time not let him get away so quickly.
Besides, he had to be out to reclaim Atoro's beloved map, in due time.
But perhaps the greatest motivation was his wonder on what had sprung Atoro to action, and somehow he himself were connected to it. So, dashing out some ways behind Atoro, Rintho followed the best he could manage for the limits placed upon his body.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm

If he had to waste time with finding others to help his search, then Atoro would take a horse too. He could not afford for Yuzan to escape, when she was such a prize. He was quick to snap orders at the first Surahnians he came across, sketching out a picture of Yuzan for them in the least words possible while one ran for a horse. A girl with the Surahnian flag carved into her face, and slave rags. If she had not had the head-start, it would have been almost pitifully easy to find her.
As it was, Atoro was not arrogant, but he was determined. He would have her back.

The horse brought was a jittery thing, pent up from having to stand on guard duty with a stubborn handler, but it was a horse all the same. That advantage in time Yuzan had given herself would not last long. He leapt onto its back and spurred it on, eyes scouring the ground for signs of Yuzan passing.
Atoro was not a tracker, but he knew what to look for; she was like a deer, and he had certainly hunted before now. It was merely looking for the same things; footprints, broken branches, disturbed birds… that was less easy to notice however, over the sound of his horse and the noise he made himself. The torrent of curses running through his mind made it no easier either, distracting him from the things he could see clearly in front of him once he actually looked.
Once she got into the town, theoretically it would be harder; although directions from those who had seen her would be like a trail of fire.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:45 pm

Yuzan hesitated as she found her way further and further on the edge. She had to get away from the centre, and then maybe she stood a chance to not be spotted, if her fortune was nothing short of miraculous. Peering beyond the leaves of low lying bushes as she crouched, she could see the backs of the shops, piles of boards stacked around their backs, containers...smoke being lifted out from some of the openings. These parts were well lived in. and she could hear the towns folk all about.
She took her third great risk, and dared to scuttle herself into one of the side streets, looking timidly from the walls to any that moved by the passage she stalked in.
But she found herself out of ideas, when had she ever had to do something this bold before?
You escaped a ship full of Surahnians, you fool girl. She reminded herself, then trying to work her nerves back. To remain calm in the face of her escape.

Pushing herself now out into the main streets, she hurried, knowing there was no avoiding it, but she had to find the edges and waste no time. Her pace picked up to a marching walk until she was just short of running again, winding her way through the people that she passed.
They stared, and they spoke, and she tried to move off into smaller passage again but she could hear noise following her.
Jogging while out of sight again she crossed another busier section, but she quickly twisted back on herself to see guards passing through, half expecting to see Atoro behind her.
Yuzan continued on her way from her relative veil of secrecy in these thin veins of Jiluria rarely walked, but the harsh sound of a command met her ears.
"Slave halt!"
She pretended not to notice, and continued, until she heard the bark of the voice follow her, and within the next moment, Yuzan was running without an ounce of restraint, into the open.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Atoro was on the warpath, worse the further he rode after Yuzan’s shadow she had left behind. How she could disappear so thoroughly in a mere moment’s diverted attention made him fume; how could a woman do that? To him!
He had to keep a clear head for now however, follow her trail and save any vehement thoughts for later. They would not do him any favours, being beside himself with anger.
That did not mean his horse got fair treatment, sharp with the reins as they got to the edge of the trees and grass; a barrier between the council houses and the rest of Jiluria, the filth of it.
She was not in the trees, unless she had hidden from him… but the guards behind him would flush her out like a hare before the hounds, and he would have her.

So, to the town itself. Atoro had to rein in his speed as he guided his horse onto the street. Natives were mixed with Surahnians, although there were slightly fewer of the former. His eyes were sharp for the sight of slave clothes; Yuzan could not really expect to escape, could she? He was the Tactician, and who was she? Nobody, a slave with a mark that would only set her apart even more.

“A slave is wanted; find the girl with our flag on her face.” He called it out to any guards he passed, making his horse snort with having to stop and start the whole time. He didn’t know which way Yuzan would turn, and had little hope of finding her himself, but thankfully it was not his eyes alone that could look for her.

==X==

“I said halt!” The guard called sharply after Yuzan, although the woman only pushed herself into a run. Slaves weren’t allowed free will like this, and to find one alone and wandering… even if she had done no wrong, she needed returning to her owner.
Intent to flee was even more telling.
The guard pulled the bow from her shoulder, nocking an arrow to it with ease and holding it in place. “Halt, or I will shoot!”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 3:39 pm

Yuzan ran, but then slowed sometimes to be light on her feet as a fox, grimacing in fear as she scuttled from this open point to another part of relative protection from the eyes of others. Yet she heard a threat come from behind her...a serious one from that guard. She froze abruptly and then turned around, icy fear chilling her through and through to be caught in this.
But she would not surrender herself, would she? Not when she had come so far...and to return to Atoro was certain punishment of the highest caliber.
She turned around slowly, eying the guard widely and weighing her options through the scrambled thoughts that now plagued her.
Run, run. You should run, she is the enemy.
But she stood, rooted there, and blinked, seeing the guard now approach walking at first...And it was then that Yuzan broke away in an instant to the nearest corner, throwing all of her body into the wind and dashing in every twist and turn she could take in these outskirts.
Now she had to lose this guard, this person of far superior form than her, that would surely see that her dues were paid.
Yuzan pulled on her dress to keep it from strangling her legs, as it slowed her down so painfully.
Soon you will be free! The voice urged her on, to the lands that lay beyond the Surahnian territory, the next free-town could promise so much! But all that racked her now was mindless fear, she payed no note to the consequences anymore.
It drove her to now run away from the roads and into other strips of greener land, following the river that watered Jiluria. She kept her feet as nimble as she could on the softer earth, looking back every so often to check her progress, hoping the guard would only stay within the Town.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:12 pm

The guard let go of her arrow too slowly as Yuzan darted away again, whisking herself out of sight like a startled deer. The woman gave a small noise of frustration as her arrow shattered against the wall of a building, irretrievable, but unimportant anyway. This slave was recognisable, marked horribly on her face, but… a slave all the same.
Perhaps she was wild, to wear such a thing, to run when she was in mortal danger?
Whatever she was, she was a slave, and therefore under someone’s power. She might fetch good favour, if she was retrieved.

He had been quite confident at first, knowing that Yuzan could not possibly get away, not for good… but the longer time passed, Atoro started to grow worried. The alarm had gone up through Jiluria, but she still had not been found, even though she was so identifiable… That rat. He wanted to fit his hands round her neck and strangle the will out of her.
The longer that passed though, the more difficult it started to become to think where to look. The main streets were chaos, not yet bowed properly under the administration of the Surahnian Rebels; the smaller streets were so numerous he could have lost himself for hours in them. Outside of the town, she could have been anywhere- or still inside. It made him frantic and furious, hunting around after wisps of hope that turned out to be nothing at all.
He almost rode over the bowwoman that fairly threw herself under his horse, shouting angrily at her until she bowed under it. He needed someone to take out his irritation on, and at this rate, Rintho would be getting more than an earful.

“Lord, please, a slave! I was trying to fetch her back.” She tried to explain herself, Atoro zoning in on her immediately.

”Which direction?”
He viciously continued on, bidding the archer to continue her hunt, feeling even more determined now with this whiff of direction.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:35 pm

Yuzan could feel the ground slip sometimes beneath her feet. Even though the sun dried out the land elsewhere, by the river it was malleable under her, and threatened to give way and send her swiftly down into the river to die.

The guard pointed in the general direction of Yuzan's jaunt.
"That way my Lord! She disappeared from sight, I have not seen her in the town since, but many will know of her presence. She bears our symbol upon her face." She spoke quickly as evidently, Lord Reimeghan was in no mood to wait. Oh, she had forgotten to salute him and so she quickly did and extravagantly too, honoured to even speak let alone aid the man of such rank.

Yuzan jumped over some of the muddier parts, seeing how the river ran quickly and its water was murky...She panted hard, her stamina waning to have run so fast and now for a long time.
But other people were not here, they were within the town beside, and moreover not in the minor streets. If only she could  get beyond this river...
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Spurred on by the knowledge that he was gaining on Yuzan, he wasted no time with formalities. If the archer wanted reward, then no doubt she would find her way to the council chambers when they were opened for that sort of business.

Foam dripped from the horse’s mouth in excitement as Atoro rode it hard onwards, its hooves making a clatter on the paving stones here and there, and Surahnians leaping out of his way as he headed in the direction he had been told, towards the town boundary. She had gotten so far already? Sly witch. He should have expected it however; she had showed cunning before now, to get where she wanted to be. He was a long way behind, and with only vague details to go on, but he was determined enough.

Free from the buildings of Jiluria, he drew his horse to a snorting stop again, letting it pant and sweat as he looked around. There were far fewer people again, almost instantly, but it meant he had nobody else to signpost him after Yuzan, and if he went after one of them, he could easily have been headed away from Yuzan if it turned out to be a civilian.
He snarled to himself, eyes scouring the land for sight of a running figure.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Yuzan now hobbled on the grass, sometimes then jogging for a while, but her breath was loud and this dress was low and dirty. It was impeding her greatly as she tried to move away from the town, further and further away from the guards...from the Surahnians and Atoro...Beyond this town was her freedo, if she could pass the other remnants of the Surahs.
Stopping for a moment to breathe she exhaled with hard breaths, holding at her chest as she bent over with her mouth agape. But not for long as she looked all around, fear still coursing through her strongly.
There was nothing in sight and she had to move on, so she picked up her feet to run again but found the energy dripping away from her limbs, her body feeling heavier. She was extremely unfit, compared to these people...And with only the longest journey ahead, with no food or water to begin with...And her potion would run low too.
Even in the face of all this she continued, refusing to return, terrified by consequence.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:13 pm

Atoro started to doubt the reliability of the guard he had almost run over as he looked around, not seeing Yuzan anywhere… ready to explode on the first person he came across in a bid to get the woman back. But then, far down by the river and almost completely hidden from view, a figure. Hunched low and moving erratically, quicker than just a walk, although it could hardly be called a healthy run. It was difficult to tell their features from the small glimpses he caught, the fields inbetween lumpy and erratic, but they were definitely moving away from Jiluria, and definitely in a poor state.
Was it Yuzan? There was nothing else around to be seen, and this person looked suspicious. He watched for a few seconds more, then embraced his intuition, heading after the figure at a steady canter. It wouldn’t take him long to reach them; although it was a gamble, whether this was Yuzan or some last red herring that would ruin his search completely.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Yuzan's run was a weighty lope that feel deep in the earth and then pulled her up again with great effort, she staggered over the high banks a little further to the dryer parts...yet never daring to spend much time there, for fear of the eyes in the town.
It felt like her freedom had been attained, all she had to do was follow this now! That was all, and nobody even needed to know she was here. Yet, as this thought filled her mind as a warm balm against the stress her panic still jolted her forward. It also caused her to glance back not for the first time, or the tenth, before looking forward again.
But this time was entirely different, a little fly in the corner of her eye, except it was a darker figure...not only her imagination?
She looked back again, crouching down as she moved. It was coming closer, an animal now, she was not sure who it was...but a horse and...a guard?
Oh gods, but she had come so far.
Yuzan moved on quickly, hoping they had not spotted her, her eyes caught between the body trailing behind and the cold muddy water beside her.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 5:26 pm

For Atoro’s horse, the run was much more comfortable than the constant stopping and starting within Jiluria itself. He gave it its head to run at its own pace, a damp lather on its sides as he pushed it on.
Could this really be Yuzan in front of him? The woman always looked so frail, so pathetic next to the strong Surahnian women of the palace. How could she have gotten this far?
Mad panic, it gave one wings and speed like no other. She could run as far as she liked however; it was only a matter of time now as Atoro started to catch up. He couldn’t get close to the riverside, the ground slick with mud and sloping, dangerous underfoot for his horse, but further out it was clear. There was nowhere she could go, anyway, staggering on more clearly now as he closed the distance, her hair lank and tangled, and a filthy slave’s dress hanging from her frame.
Yes, it had taken effort and frustration to find her, but it had paid off.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:44 pm

She huffed again, feeling heat now alight in her body for the strain of the running, and she turned again to look, but this time she stopped as she stooped down. Her features creased deeply with anxiety, her brows wrinkled and her lips pulled back on her raw teeth, the air rasping from her as she realised the very worst.
It was Atoro, of course, and she quivered completely inside, her courage evaporating for a moment as her blood then ran cold.
Yuzan walked backwards, sizing him up in her eyes, knowing he could see her...and he would know that she saw him, a proud shape on a horse, unmarked and impeccable like an official might always be.
Herself no better than vermin, to him.
Not wanting to watch as he approached she twisted and ran again blinking away the immediate wetness on her eyes as she completely ignored the pain in her legs, to just keep running down the bank.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 6:55 pm

Closer and closer, he could feel the land being eaten up underneath his horse and knew that Yuzan would not be able to run much further before he caught her again… then she would feel the force of his anger. Insolent wretch, thinking she could run from him. Now that she was so close, he did not have to keep it back, furious that she had tried to escape.
She would have her lesson taught to her, then she would never be running away from him again.

He had to slow slightly as he neared the river, not wanting his horse to fall and end this chase prematurely, but still eager to have her quickly, especially now that she had seen him; the flash of her white face amongst the false black of her hair was unmistakable. Let her fear him, she should have known that retribution would come. He had held back from beating her too heavily before, but now she had gone far enough for him to justify punishment.
“You can run as far as you like, I will catch you.”

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:10 pm

Yuzan clenched her teeth as the sound of his voice rang out on the depleting strip of grass between them. A worried whimper rose from her throat, as she staggered over the earth, reaching some muddier patches and wobbling her way over them, feeling her boots become wet on the edges in the mud.
"No Lord. No." She began now, knowing he was closer, her eyes constantly wandering back to him, now unable to keep away for any longer than a brief moment as she persisted, desperation gripping all of her body. "My Lord have mercy, let me go! My Lord!" Yuzan's cry wavered in the air, but it seemed to fall upon deaf ears and now she could see, the look on his face was entirely grim. So cold, and so distant, so dared to say he wore a mask of ice. She could feel her trampling steps were no match for the steady and certain pace of his horse, his presence swooping in close.
How had he known to look?
Yuzan cursed her luck again.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Atoro had to slow his horse even more as he drew close to the riverbank, the mud flicking up from its heels, but Yuzan was in plain view now, and faltering badly. She barely seemed to be able to keep up her run, failing like an animal shot through by arrows at the end of a hunt.
“Run, Yuzan, give me more chance to hunt you, before you meet the mud like a dog.” He snarled after her, uncaring for how she pleaded. If she had wanted mercy, she would never have thought to run away; she would have done as he had bidded, every day, and perhaps he might finally show her a little. Now she just gave him more cause for dragging her back and never unchaining her from his side. “You are mine, or have you not realised yet?”

He urged his horse on, mud scattering as he turned it towards Yuzan, bearing down on her and reaching out the grab her and pull all this foolishness to a halt.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Yuzan's legs crumpled down beneath her as she shied away from him, fearful for the snarl of words she heard.
She was not his and yet he believed she was. She belonged to her family and to Rurika, but not to this savage and so cruel beast of a man.
"No!" She called out, half in a plea for him to stop, and half in defiance to his words. The sound of uncertainty there, but also the grit in her words to refuse him. Yuzan pushed out with her legs to leap away from his grasp at her across the ground, yet she no longer thought to run. What hope did she have against the man and his horse? "Get away from me...you...you monster! Get away!" She shouted, her lungs burning from the effort as she stepped back, trying to hold her footing for all the dizziness of fear inside of her. "You take me back, and I'll...I'll kill you! I will!"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Fingers clawing at the air, Atoro hauled himself back upright in the saddle as Yuzan sprung away. It was a chance to play with her now, like a cat with a mouse. The cat always killed the mouse, and he would have her.
“Monster? You can be more inventive than that, Lahrukan bitch,” Atoro growled, uncaring for how loudly she shouted. There was nobody to hear, and he was well within the rights of dealing with his slave. “I would like to see you try. You cannot even run and survive, let alone try something like that.”

He had been advancing on her again, and now took another swipe at her, having to bend down from his horse to get close enough. Her words were empty of actual threat, when she was merely a slave; could she not remember that? Foolish girl. She certainly needed teaching a lesson if she thought she could even stand up to him, as the Tactician, let alone go through with any of her words.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 9:19 pm

He could say whatever he liked of her race, he was the rat in all of this, and yet the words still stung her to hear them. They panicked her more, and cut her when they should not have.
"I will, I'll bite out your throat but none would eat it! Not even the vultures!" She hissed back, forced into this corner and unable to do much but fight. Yuzan ducked again swiftly as he ducked to grab at her, but he was too high on his horse and she shied from it, the beast also fearsome in its size when she was down beside it, and it also possessing a malevolent rider.
"I will, and I'll...make you bleed until you're completely dry...I'll make you hurt inside of yourself....you..." She was not sure what to say and began to mumble at the end, taking some paces back again away from him, near to tears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next