Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

{Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Empty
PostSubject: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:44 pm

After the fall of her house and with no allies to turn to, Deorwynn Xercies, once one of the most powerful women in Dragons Cove, now finds herself alone and without the protection of her wealth. Grasping at any straws that she can get her hands on, the once proud seer finds herself turning to an odd source of help for survival. But in a world where she is no longer top dog, unexpected help is the only kind that she can fathom receiving.

Famous for her skills as a fortuneteller, Hana Leir is sought throughout Dragons Cove for her super amazing and accurate predictions. The traveling seer usually manages to find herself on the good end of a raw deal, but could she ever have foreseen the trouble that would shortly arrive on her doorstep? When this star-reader picks a real seer as her newest client, will her own fortunes change for the better... or worse?

This RP takes place in the year 2705, four years previous to the current year.

*~*~*

Walking the streets of Didienne caused a certain sort of pain that Deorwynn wasn't quite used to yet. It was the anguish of knowing that the last time she had been on these streets, she had not walked. She had been carted in on dragonback, layered in silks and transported like the royalty she was... or rather, had been. The common people of the streets hadn't bumped her shoulders as they passed, muttering unfeeling apologies. They hadn't looked at her with mild disgust for the state of her dress, obviously worn by someone unused to hard travel.

She hadn't had to degrade herself to mere entertainment for lowly merchants to purchase her way out of the city she had been born to rule.

But now here she was, trudging through the masses like any other commoner. Unlike most of these filthy low-lives, she wasn't just plodding along for the sake of completing some asinine task. She was here to find somebody, the final hope that she had of finding someone... anyone of her lineage. Hana Leir... If she could find that seer perhaps... perhaps just maybe, she could find a distant relative in the woman, and that would be the small foothold upon which she would build her future back into Kaionar to make that traitorous usurping house pay. But first, she had to make an appointment.

Last edited by Aero on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 pm

When in Didienne, Hana's profits were always at their best. The Kaionar folk often had more means and money than those that resided here, but they were also less trusting to say the least. Here however, Hana was in her element. Her reputation had been gradually built thus far and had remained steady, but now it seemed she no longer had to work hard to spread her mild 'fame'; her clients did that for her when they entrusted her to their relatives, or their friends of relatives, or subordinates, or...Well, there was never a shortage of people to part from their coinage.

It was not that Hana was a fraud, only that she appreciated just how much people would pay for her talent of interpretation and divination. They would pay heaven and earth to be granted peace of mind from powers far beyond their control, powers that Hana knew she could harness and already had, to shocking effect.

Nothing was going especially wondrously in the moment she found herself in at the time, however.
"The tone of the moment, that is to say the affinity for this month, is very unstable good Sir. I would strongly advise for you to reconsider any actions whereby you entrust your inherited fortunes to others for safe-keeping or otherwise, especially within the next two weeks. This is a tumultuous time for those of your signifier."

Her face was emphatic, yet portrayed level-headed concern. Hana did not doubt the knowledge she had, but that did not necessarily mean she could always maintain interest in the affairs of others...not outside of her work anyway.
With pleasantries exchanged and parting words said, Hana let a tender and fine boned hand stroke on the merchant's wrist as she rose from the chair, advising him in her usual friendly manner just a little more. With a gentle motion here, and a warm smile there, she nodded respectfully and left the house with a heavy coin pouch concealed at her waist.

That particular man was especially rich to be living here; at the heart of Didienne, not altogether far from the palace of the High Councillors and Guardians. And now, she would return to a favourite haunt of hers in this part of the city - one of the temples dedicated to the Guardians, unpopular though such temples were in these material and  more-or-less High Council-favouring districts.

With a brisk trot she carried herself quickly away, her mind was on other things now. It was time for her to relax as she always did at this late point in the day, her work done and her hands free to count her gains with the soft feel of a warm breeze on her skin and the peace of summer about her.

Deceptive. She thought, how everything about her was at rest and yet the signs in the night stone brought such bad omens for those of the earth signs.

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:50 pm

She had been asking around all day for this pseudo-famous seer and seemed to have been pointed in circles. Very few things made her more angry than pointless dawdling, and that's exactly the vicious cycle that she had found herself in. Her brooding was rudely interrupted by a flash of bright color, bringing her up short nearly in mid-step.

Passing right before her was possibly the most gaudily dressed woman that Deorwynn had ever seen, and that was saying quite a bit. She had to blink at the brightness, briefly unsure what to make of it. The woman had passed right on by without noticing Deos, which was entirely understandable since the ex-noble wasn't really anything to look at in her current state of dishevelment. "Excuse me-!" Trailing after the woman and feeling a little like a fool, Deorwynn raised her voice. After having tried to find the woman all morning and getting several descriptions about her physical looks, she half hoped that she was wrong for calling out. "Are you...Hana Leir, the fortune teller?"
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:44 pm

At first she ignored the sound of quick feet and a call for attention behind her, but when she heard her name, Hana turned on the spot. Her manner was somewhat lax as she stood side on, looking over to this woman in vague curiosity. She then raised her brows, realising that her name was known to a complete stranger...it was a shame she did not seem to have much of a grand appearance herself...then perhaps the attention would have been more flattering.

"Hmm? My name is Hana Leir, but I am not a fortune teller, my dear." The cheek of it. Fortune tellers spun lies for a living, Hana on the other hand offered a valuable service through her well attuned nature to the great meaning and symbols behind the magic around them all. "Hana Leir, arcanologist. Pleased to meet you." She said with the usual tones in her voice that gave a strong sense of confidence and pride, giving the woman a gentle nod of her head as she turned more fully to face her.

"What concerns you?" She dived to the point, though without accusation. Once again she raised her brows; although they appeared already high set, they were sharp and plucked theatrically. In fact, everything about her was a strange twist between the theatrical and the rich, making her appearance waver somewhere between mysterious and repellingly over dressed and over made up.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:08 pm

"...Arcanologist..." Deorwynn repeated quietly, feeling a small twinge of worry. A star reader? She'd come all this way for... a star reader? Then again, the Kaionarian royalty were descended from the gods of the heavens. Perhaps finding the fallen stars of her family that had been scattered around the country would require an expert in reading such things. With a feeling that she was grasping at straws, Deorwynn straightened, bringing herself to her full height with chin tipped back. "I am looking for someone. Several someones, hopefully. But I need someone with an eye for the divine in order to find them." She refused to let her voice waiver, to show this painted woman that the once-proud matron of the most powerful house in Kaionar could know the fear of failure. "Can you help, or can you not?"
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Hana waited patiently for the woman to gather herself, watching the mime of her title be read off the woman's lips. Did this person really mean to be seeking her out? Her request was unusual too. Nothing of her fortunes in love, or her wealth or her friend or foes...
"Can I help with such a suggestion?" Hana repeated back to her, blinking once as her eyes wandered. "Of course, of course I could. The weave of our world gives us all understanding. But this is dependent on the time I have, and that I must make a living one way or another."
She might normally have never said that, but this woman seemed a little "down on her luck" to say the least, the kind that might consider turning away when she had to pay.

"If you have the sum I require for a fair deal, then I can offer you the best of my talents, I promise you that my dear." Hana pursed her lips in thought before further speaking. "Although this might take a little longer than usual, yours is not a common ask. If you are willing to pay my dues I am more than willing to help you. What is your name my lovely?" Her expression was delicate and effortless, the light of the lilac powder on her eyelids, drawn up to her brows, shimmering as her smile did with optimism.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:32 pm

"You may call me-" Deorwynn paused for a brief moment, not for theatrical flair, but because she was mometairly startled by what she had been about to say. She couldn't just up and tell this arcanologist what he real name was. She did not know the woman's alliances or her motivations. "Deos." She finally blurted, silently berating herself for hesistating over the question for so long before moving onto other things. No time to dwell in the past.

All thing revolved around coin, a concept that Deorwynn was familiar with. "Of course I can pay your fee." Deorwynn replied confidently, forgetting briefly that none of the coins she carried had been won fairly or easily. "The gods know that if you can help, it will be more than worth it. I am honestly counting on you, Madam Leir. I am afraid of what the future holds for me if you cannot provide the answers that I seek."
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:20 pm

Hana waited patiently for the woman to answer her quite simple question. The name meant nothing to her; Hana knew nothing of Deos' background, so she wrote it off as simple hesitance.
For all of the woman's appearance, it was a little reassuring to know that she apparently intended to pay a fee for Hana's insight, so she warmed a little more to her. Add to that, there was something very earnest in how she spoke.
"You need not worry my dear, I like to see my work as my guiding light. I must work for coin so that I can live it is true, but I do so only that I may then help others find the truth...It does sound like you are in need of aid."
She looked about her, unsure on where it was exactly she could take the woman up on her request.

"Did you have a residence nearby? Such a reading for you may be lengthy, and I would only hope to give you my full attention within a comfortable setting for you. It must be private too; sharing fate with others is an evil practice."
That was not to say Hana did not still have her doubts. For all her visions, she was a worldly woman and not one to simply go wandering blindly into the undesirable areas of the capital.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}   {Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Zay+Aero} Seer meets Seer {Hana+Deorwynn}
Page 1 of 1