Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES

Go down 
+9
Eldarwen
Artemis
Tegan
moonpearl
Echo
Rogue
Aero
lastinginthenight
Zay
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Desert chasers are cool Smile

“Put him there, where we can see him.”
A gruff voice filtered through Syntribos’ blurred thoughts. The dragon wondered briefly where he was (and why everything smelt like musty potatoes), but before he could stretch and question the matter further, he felt himself sliding off something as whatever he was on tipped up on its side. There was a shredding noise as he dug his claws in, then something whacked him on the back and he slid onto the floor with a thump and a yowl of protest. This wasn’t right! He was supposed to be curled up in a nice ball at the bottom of a sand dune, not stuffed in a potato sack and unmercifully dumped in some place he hadn’t signed up to be. With an angry snarl he unsheathed his claws and ripped at the bag he was stuffed in, setting to with his teeth until the sack lay in shreds and he sat in an annoyed and slightly ruffled state on its remains. He looked around the bright room he sat on, glancing behind him to see he had been brought in on a cart. A faint pleasure came over him when he saw he had left long scratchmarks in the wood.
“Ah, we were going to let you out ourselves.”
Syn’s eyes settled on a man sitting rather awkwardly on a richly furnished chair a few feet away, looking put out at the carnage the dragon had just made of the bag. The desert chaser’s eyes glittered as he stared the man down, rising to his feet and pacing towards him.
“Where the hell am I?” he growled, the end of his tail twitching angrily. Nobody, least of all a human, would tie him up in an old bag and get away with it. A movement to his right caught his eye and he stopped, staring at his reflection in the big mirror that hung on the wall. Oh you handsome devil.
“Caspan. We have some questions we’d like to ask you.”
“Caspan? You’ve gotta be joking! That’s like, three days from the tip of the desert!” Syn exclaimed, appalled he had arrived in the little village without even knowing it. Either the desert had grown, or they had used some seriously powerful drug on him. He narrowed his eyes. Someone was going to get eaten for this.
“Only if you’re going slowly. We’ll get you back to the desert quickly; that’s why we need you.” said the man, leaning forwards. Syn flicked an angry glance at him then went back to admiring his reflection in the mirror, listening to what the man had to say with a casual interest.
“A few days ago my son went wandering in the direction of the desert. He’s only eleven, I’m concerned about him. Have you seen him at all?” He sounded worried, and with good reason. The desert was a dangerous place to be if you didn’t know your way around, and that was before you had to contend with man-eating monsters like Syntribos.
“Oh, the poor morsel.” Syn stood and padded up to the man, trying to put on a worried expression. It probably still looked pretty predatory, but hopefully he wouldn’t notice. “I haven’t seen him, but of course I’ll be sure to try and find him now. What does he look like?”
The man gave a short description of his son, Syn listening carefully and ticking off all the features that he hadn’t recognised in his latest meal. No, he was sure he hadn’t eaten the boy- which meant there was another tasty morsel running round his territory. Yum yum! He had to stop himself from licking his lips in anticipation when the man had finished.
“Of course, if you find him, there’ll be a reward.”
Syn’s ears perked up at that, his eyes glowing. “What sort of reward?”
“Anything! I just want to know where my son is.”
The desert chaser gave a sly smile. “I want dinner. And that shiny thing.” He flicked his thick tail towards the mirror where he had been admiring himself.
“Done. Any dinner requests?”
“Meat. Make sure your servants are fast on their feet.”

==X==

At a steady long-distance run, it only took Syn a day and a half to get back to the edge of the desert, and he was glad it only took that long. Grass and dirt under his paws felt wrong, and he had spent ages pulling burrs out of his coat on the few occasions that he stopped. It was dark when he hit sand but he kept running, his eyes scouring the low dunes around him for any sight of the little figure he was trying to track down. Some other dragon better not have gotten to him first and eaten him, or worse, rescued him.
A few hours into his search he called it quits for the night, curling up on his side with his big brush-like tail folded over his face to keep out the sand that occasionally blew past. He would get in a few hours kip, then pick up the search early morning while it was still cool. And then… and then he would get the most divine lunch he could ever hope to ask for.
With such a delicious prospect in front of him, he fell quickly asleep, his dreams pervaded by the thought of human prey in his claws.

==X==

He was rudely awakened by a scream, then a whimpering, wailing noise that came from a way away over a dune. It was probably nothing, just the remnants of a nice dream he had been having…
Wait a minute, he wasn’t dreaming! Syn suddenly sat bolt upright, sand trickling out of his fur from where it had blown over him in the night as he swivelled his ears towards the sound. Maybe it was the kid! He leapt to his feet and started out in the direction of the shouts that he had heard, trotting quickly over the dunes with his long, characteristic stride, shaking his paws free of sand every now and then.
As he had hoped, a few dunes over he saw the telltale signs of a human having passed by not long before. He followed the prints with a growing excitement, his pace unconsciously speeding up as he anticipated finding the person at the end of it.
“Aww, the hell?” he suddenly came to a halt at the top of the next dune, the tip of his tail flicking angrily. The boy was at the bottom of it alright, but he had managed to go and walk right into a patch of quicksand, and was struggling helplessly as he sunk further and further into the slippery stuff. He flapped uselessly as he saw the dragon, yelling and trying to swim over to the edge of the patch of quicksand, but only managed to make himself sink further.
“Help, please help! I can’t get out, I’m stuck!” shouted the boy, his words laced with terror. Syn sighed and padded slowly down the dune, lingering over his pawsteps as he inspected the boy. You certainly couldn’t miss him; flaming red hair and pale skin, paler than the burnished sand all around them. He looked like he was quite tall for his age too, with long lanky arms- good, more than just a starter course. He padded down to the edge of the quicksand, sitting down on his haunches and curling his tail over to preen the thick dust-brush that lined its sides.
“In a bit of a pickle there.” He said conversationally, running his teeth along his tail.
“Can you get me out, I’m stuck!” whimpered the boy, reaching out his hands to try and grab hold of the dragon. The desert chaser gave him a disgusted stare, drawing his paws back out of his reach. “Every time I try to get out, I just sink more.”
Syn looked at him coldly. “You shouldn’t have got yourself into such a mess if you can’t get out of it.” He sighed and rolled his eyes as the boy looked at him in horror. “Wiggle your legs and move towards me. The sand’ll let ya go.” And then there’ll be a proper meal, not just a snack.
The boy did as Syn said, and with a little more help from the dragon he eventually managed to make it to the edge of the patch of quicksand, dragging himself up onto the hand ground. His clothes were stained with sand and he was worn out, but in one piece. Syn eyed him up and down as he struggled to his feet, then tried to scramble out of the way as the boy launched himself at the dragon, throwing his sandy arms around his neck.
“Thank you! Thank you!” he cried, squeezing Syn round the middle. The dragon recoiled, sticking his tongue out in distaste as the boy covered him with sand- ick, it would make his fur itch for days! The boy took little notice of his distaste, still thanking the dragon until Syn suddenly swiped his legs from under him and pinned him to the ground, his ears back and his lips pulled into a feral grin.
“Ah good, you’re in one piece.” He said, keeping his paws firmly pressed against the boy’s chest. The boy gave a weak smile.
“Can I get up?”
“No.”
“Pleeeease?”
“I think your father’s going to be pleased he doesn’t have to put up with you any more.” Syn said, annoyed by the boy’s whining already. He didn’t have much tolerance for other people. The boy’s eyes widened as it suddenly clicked that he was in a lot more danger than he had been before, and he tried to scrabble free from the dragon’s grasp. Syn only pinned him more firmly, digging in his claws. “Oh, I don’t think you’ll be escaping from me.”

==X==

It took Syn nearly twice as long to get back to Caspan again, but he always ran slower after eating a big meal. He wasn’t in a particular rush to get back to the dreary town anyway, and in his opinion, he had had the best of the little deal he had struck already. The only thing that drew him back was the thought of claiming his second prize- that shiny mirror. Yes, it would definitely look good propped up on a sand dune (but of course, he would look better).
Luckily, his sense of direction was pretty much perfect, so finding the house that he had been taken to a few days earlier was hardly a problem for the desert chaser. He got some funny looks as he padded up to the door, his ears flicking back at the sight of so many humans. No, he told himself, if you want another meal, the middle of the day is a bad time to try and catch it.
As he padded into the hall which he had met the owner of the house in before, a servant dashed off at high speed to fetch his master, making the dragon wait quietly by himself until the man appeared. Syn didn’t really mind being left on his own; more time to admire his reflection, and less temptation in the form of humans.
He turned to look at the man who entered in a rush, his eyes eager and searching for the form of his son. He drooped as he saw Syn was alone.
The desert chaser shrugged, trying to look morose. “Sorry, he got eaten by quicksand. That’s got to be a first… Can I have my mirror now?”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Congratulations go to Artemis for winning the latest competition!

Sorry for the late judging! Both stories were awesome, but who would expect anything else from a DC'er?! ^^
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:37 pm

New Writing Competition up!
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Her jaws snapped together with a crunch and a displeased hiss, yellow eyes narrowing on the carnage spread out around her. Was this it? The slayer, built to monolithic proportions in her own mind, had died after only a brief battle, the man’s pulverized body hanging limply from her jaws. Vythiweiah let her jaws snap all the way shut, two arms and a leg falling to the ground with a sickening thud. She paid no attention to the bits of corpse, swallowing the rest of the body as an afterthought and digging her long yellow claws into the ground.

She thought she would get more satisfaction out of killing the damned man, the pain of his sword slicing through the thick scales of her neck as a young fledgling still a twinging ache when she thought back to that horrible day. She bore the scar still, a white patch on her green scales where the color would never return and were rough and jagged. She had been lucky to survive, but her mother and fellow nestmates hadn’t been as lucky. Only one remained now, Anækileya, the two sisters tighter than blood for the hardships they’d seen together. The other clubtail was picking over the remains of the village they had destroyed, the small fishing town comprising of about twenty or so humans had been little challenge for the two when they descended on the pathetic little thing with murder in mind.

Perhaps the slayer had felt that he was safe in this remote corner of Dragons Cove. Perhaps he had been too foolish or to arrogant to consider that perhaps one of the dragons that he failed to kill would find him seeking revenge. With an indignant snort, Vythiweiah decided that it was probably the second. What did these pitiful two-legged creatures know? They thought themselves so supreme, masters of all on land and in the air…

Rage built up explosively, and her tail smashed into what had been a mostly-whole fishing shack. It exploded with a rain of splinters and hay, scattering as the heavy plate-covered tail tore through it easily.

This was not enough. The life of the slayer, the life of the others that sheltered him… Simply killing them was not enough to sate her deep-seated thirst for vengeance. This problem needed to be fixed, the disease that slayers were. The infection of their disgusting kind that split families and murdered innocents. That’s when it came to her. A plan that would oust the wretched curse and spare other dragons from the suffering and indignity that she and her sister had suffered at the hands of these weak fleshy creatures.

Stepping without heed over the broken smashed and burning refuse left of the tiny village, Vythiweiah paced over to her sister’s side, taking her attention away from turning over bits of wall in the hopes of finding a live human crouching underneath like a bug under a rock. “Come sister, we’ve work to do.” She grumbled, her voice thick and low when she butted her head affectionately against her sister’s shoulder.

Skeptical, Anækileya raised her head and pinned Vythiweiah with a curious look. “What are you talking about?”

“This is not the end of our hunt.” Anækileya grinned at the declaration, her bloodstained teeth showing in the feral smirk. “We have a mission, sister. This slayer isn’t the last, nor will he be the last. Not as long as these humans and elves and whatever filthy creature continue to roam and defile our land.” Taking a few steps away, Vythiweiah spread her wings, stretching them out fully with her gaze tracing the rays of the falling sun. “We will see each of them dead, you and I. And there will be no one that will stand in our way to cleanse this country of their rot.”

Chuckling with a laugh that was tinged with all sorts of ill-intent, Anækileya spread her wings as well, her feral grin still very much in place. “Sounds like a fun plan. Where do we start?”

Parting her jaws in a grin of her own, Vythiweiah lifted her nose to the air and took a deep breath. “There’s another settlement a few miles north along the coast. Let us see what their mettle is worth.”
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Fumes in the Dark

Shadows dance on a wall in a deep cavern in the mountains, more then the earth rumbles as two dragons speak. One the Fume dragon Freya, the other Aaron the Lion Maned Dragon, looks into a bubbling reflecting pool. Freya discontent with how the war had been fairing, has heard about a group of wild dragons called Maledictus Eice.

“You’re kidding me aren’t you?”

“No I’m not.”

“Why would you join ….them?”

A deep growl reverberated throughout the cavern, with a soft plop of a stone cast to water. “I’m sure you know why I would join them. I am surprised by you a fellow dragon to not join.”

“They're a bunch of vigilantes.”

“That is your opinion, but I have made my choice and will live what comes of it.”

With a growl of irritation Aaron rises and leaves, a malicious smile spreads across Freya’s mouth. Now with all ties of her past life cut she would have no one holding her back from what needed to be done. With a scrapping of claws Freya rises and leaves the familiar place for those unknown.

The glow of the volcano belt behind her she stretched her black and ultra green wings. With a deep sigh she pushes the air with her wings and lifts herself to the sky. Flight was the only time she ever felt free and at peace. Maybe because it was that none of the two legers could do it. She was free of them and all that pollutes her life.

Out in the sunset, she looks down on the plains below here. Off in the distance was the curl of a cooking fire. Rubbing her clawed hands together, she spreads her wings and takes to the air. It felt good to be in the air, so free and light. Flying higher in the air she looks down at the small camp. The people moving around the camp look like ants to her. The fumes her kind is named for begins to seep out from her nose and mouth.

Ducking her head she tucks her wings tight to her body. Like a streamline torpedo she goes into a steep dive. The second membrane covers over her eyes to protect them. Flicking her wings open she makes minor adjustments to her travel path as she goes. She picks one of the few humans out of the group that was beginning to collect in the center of the camp. Opening her mouth she lets out a roar, which resulted in the humans to scatter and take up arms against her.

Deep in her chest she could feel the bubbling of heat begin to churn. For those looking up they might see the glow of the fire in her mouth. Taking in a deep breath of forced air, she could feel the burn in her belly as the fires react to the fresh air. Did she care that there may be a possibility of children? A part of her still nagged at her but was so small she easily pushed it away so much is her hate. Like a hate that burned, the fire spills for over tongue and fang.

The canvas tents engulfed in flames as the roar of it fills the night air. Within the music of destruction, were the high pitch scream of the burning. She smiles at the sound as the flame ends. With opening her wings with a snap, her back feet drop, as she snatches up the closet human to her. Flapping she takes her screaming charge and takes back to the skies, and drops the human. She dives over and over again, gaining cuts and holes from the arrows and javelins. With each new wound only stoked the fires of hatred for her and with each death filled her with joy. She only hoped that with each death would help those who also fill the ranks of Maledictus Eice.

Freya Waits for the screams to go quiet and surveys her work. Stomping out any bit of life she saw still clinging on.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Congratulations Aero for winning this round of the writing competition.
Thanks for participating Nyx, it was an interesting read as well :-)
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks Eldar. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 pm

THE DC CASTLE
(Aka paradise)

1. No n00bs allowed. I think this goes without saying.
2. There are mountains nearby. Now I know not everyone likes to hike halfway up to the moon, but the shops aren’t found all the way up there. And tesco’s delivers to castles if you order enough food (which we will. I get very hungry).
3. If we have a moat, then you can swim in it, because it is clean, not icky. Also, there is a cupboard outside that has fun stuff like inflatable dolphins and a boat and those long tuby-noodles that kids have these days. And it’s not too cold. Also, no eels. We fed them all to Rilos for supper one night.
4. It’s a castle. Duh. TURRETS. I demand turrets. With a drawbridge, and stables, and a portcullis, so we can re-enact stuff if we get really bored.*
*Lol not happening.
5. Horses are required.
6. Everyone has their own bedroom, with whatever decoratingness they want. Also a bathroom, if they want that too.
7. LIBRARY. This is huuuuuge, with books everywhere. Most are fiction (good fiction), but there are also lots of reference books to use, like atlasas and animal books and weather books, so if you want to add detail to a post, you can do it right. You can get to the books by using the stepladders, and there are baskets going up and down the ^ shape of them, so you can put your books in it, and not die getting down by having to carry a whole armful of epic books. There are lots of comfy chairs, and beanbags, and sofas and pillows to sit and read in, and big windows so it’s bright. You can see the mountains from out of them.
8. POSTING ROOM. This is the best thing! There are loads of sheets of paper by the door, all different colours. If you have a rp going with someone, you can pick a coloured sheet and handwrite on it, then stick it up on a wall. Then, when the other person replies, they get the same-coloured sheet of paper, write on that, and stick it underneath, so you get a long wall-length of story. And everyone does this in the same room, so it’s really bright and colourful. There is a map of DC painted on the floor, just in case you need to reference it. And you can stick a sticker with your character on onto the floor, so you know where they are- if Talos is in Racksom, then Aero can stick his sticker there. Or we can put Rintho in the Surselea :3
9. The kitchen is huge, and everyone apart from fire hazards are allowed to cook. Liz has a special bit to herself, cos she likes cooking that much. Every week there is a delivery of food, and you get whatever you like. A whole box of chocolate digestives comes, and is left on the table in the main living room to munch through at leisure. There is a twinkie-tree in the kitchen, which is basically twinkies hanging from threads from the ceiling, and you can pull them off and eat them if you feel like it. Also there is a ho-ho bush in the corner of the room next to the big doors that open out into the garden.
10. There is a slide next to the staircase, so you don’t have to walk downstairs, you can just slide down there.
11. One room has a big TV and stacks of movies, so we can have movie nights.
12. Another room will be an art room, and there is everything you could want to do arty things with, like paints, or pencils, or glue and scissors and paper and thread, or wool…

My bedroom will be epic. =) It will be bright colours, with big windows to let in lots of light, then in the nighttime, I’ll have lots of pretty fairy lights all over the shelves and desk and round the bed, so it’s all bright and I don’t have to squint and turn the CB to zoom 150%.
I’ll have lots of glow stars on the ceiling and round the tops of the walls, in the shapes of constellations. And the ceiling will be dark blue, like the night sky. There will be bunting too, in bright colours, and green ribbon. I will have a pretty green carpet, that is really thick and fluffy. The walls will have Rilos and Hone and everyone else painted on. There’ll be beanbags and cushions in the corners, so I can lie on the floor or curl up in a corner and not be all achy. Also, teddies.
My bed will be one of those nice big ones, with fluffy blankets, and have a canopy over the top with more lights, and sparkles, and flowers. And insects (but not real ones). There are drawers underneath the bed, so Rintho can’t hide underneath it (sorry).
I’ll have a desk by the window, with my laptop and tablet and stuff, and a stereo so I can have my epic music on loud. Obviously, shelves and a bookcase nearby too! Also some plants, because I like green, and my guinea pig. I think I might like a turrent bedroom, as long as it’s not too cold.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm

((Well, this is a bit of a whopper of an entry I guess? Anyway, hope you like it- kinda fun to write! The first bit's a little disjointed compared to the later entries, I wrote them at different times and my style changed a little >.>))

A DRAGONS COVE SUMMER

THURSDAY 12TH JULY
End of school! Ate in town with friends and said bye for the summer before dashing home to pack for tomorrow.

FRIDAY 13TH JULY
Woke up early- too early- to fly out to Dragons Cove, a small cluster of islands recently purchased by the members of Dragons Cove thanks to Eldar’s Euromillions winnings. Met there by Rogue who took me up to the castle in a carriage. Unpacking and planning for the rest of the day- the castle is already built, but we’ve got a lot of work to do getting it just right!

SATURDAY 14TH JULY
A few more DCers arrived. Between picking them up, greeting them and having excited outbursts of fangirling and general delight at our situation, we order all the stuff we’ll need from the mainland in a huuuge weekly delivery. Took a long time to settle that order! It's a little easier than it was yesterday not to trip over all the cats we've got running around here.

SUNDAY 15TH JULY
Freki’s birthday- we threw a party, of course! Once that was done we got out the paint and began to lay down the colours for all our bedrooms. Hilarity ensued, as you might imagine- good thing we all wore old clothes.

MONDAY 16TH JULY
Woke up to find Rintho under my bed- somewhat unsettling. Got the double-sided drapes for my four-poster: dark blue-purple-black on the inside with glowy twinkly bits, matching the rest of my room on the outside. We all compared accents and laughed at Kat’s northern-ness and how she can’t say look, book etc right.

TUESDAY 17TH JULY
Rintho was around again, under Liz’s bed today. The posting room is finally dry enough to get going, so we had a mad writing day and plenty of stuff got put up. I got a different colour ink for every character of mine. It’s looking colourful by the end of the day! Map of DC was a good move; it looks amaaaazing under the floor!

WEDNESDAY 18TH JULY
Rintho was found in North’s room. It’s Arasolra’s birthday tomorrow- time to get up our fireproofing. Should come in useful with so many dragons around the place. I know we’ve already lost more than a few things, and that wall in the kitchen still with wet paint is where a scorch mark’s been covered up. A huge shipment of books comes in for the library and those shelves look so much better filled up!

THURSDAY 19TH JULY
Nobody was really surprised when Rintho turned up under Eldar’s bed. Birthday time for the sunblaze. Good thing we did sort out the fireproofing. Suraya got all huffy because we didn’t do anything for her birthday while we all moved in, so we had to set off a load of fireworks for her in the evening. No great loss- they were excellent ones! There’s magic for you.

SATURDAY 21ST JULY
We were all woken up at about 2am by a loud crash as Rintho encountered a blockade underneath Rogue’s bed- thinking ahead FTW! While going through our film collection, we came across the DVD of Eragon and decided we could make a better med fant film with what we had to hand. We were proved right- who knew Vythiweiah was such a great actress?
Well- or maybe that mass murderer just came naturally to her.

SUNDAY 22ND JULY
In the night, Rintho paid a visit to Peer. Then… Cooking day! Goodness knows what we’re going to do with all the spare food we have left over, but there was no shortage of delicious stuff to try today. Everybody contributed favourite recipes and we also did our best to come up with cuisine from all over DC. Being med fant… well, stew was needed.

MONDAY 23RD JULY
Rintho was right back on schedule today, visiting Echo in the night. Hmm… Well, five minutes after we all got up today we /still/ hadn’t announced what we were doing, so Sincostan took drastic action and threw a maths tournament. Yay...?

TUESDAY 24TH JULY
Birthday again! They just keep on coming. Ocieanna this time, and it was all a lot calmer than the sunblazes, I can tell you. We did a count up of how many languages we speak between us; Eldar was an asset there, of course. We had quite a few elves, Surahnian of course, Andyr’s from somewhere nobody else knows… and Talos is well-versed in the tongue of the peasant farmers.

THURSDAY 27TH JULY
We were able to throw Talos a good birthday party today. He was a bit grumpy it wasn’t good weather for flying, though- it drizzled all day. To make up for it we ran some competitions in the big hall, all the avians and dragons who wanted to join in. And Mashy, of course. Unsurprisingly Zhenya got very bitter about this, until Rhynna finally caved and joined in, rider in tow.

FRIDAY 27TH JULY
Rintho was under Kat’s bed today. We were able to get out and enjoy the summer weather (which finally replaced the rain) on the beach. Watersports are the best when you can control the sea! Definitely not in England anymore, judging by the tans we all got.

TUESDAY 31ST JULY AUGUST
Rintho was under Aero’s bed this time. Today was a bit rough- we got down to one digestive. Nobody was quite sure if they wanted to take on Hone in her Elite mode. At least, not until Xaoc came along. Amazing what lengths a dragon will go to when he’s hungry. Thankfully Yveni didn’t ask him to share, or we could’ve ended up with a nasty scene.

WEDNESDAY 1ST AUGUST
Second day without digestives and nobody is doing well. Thank goodness there’s plenty of tea and American junk-snack food, they’re the only thing keeping everything from falling apart. It’s bad enough as it is- Rintho didn’t even squidge under a bed, things are so off.

THURSDAY 2ND AUGUST
I’d be surprised to see that delivery-man again; he was pretty much mobbed when he arrived, digestives in tow. Still, now that everyone’s back to normal functioning we were able to throw a joint birthday party for Andyr and Celölas today.

SUNDAY 5TH AUGUST
Rintho was in Moon’s room this time. We got out the modelling equipment today and whipped up a 3D, to-scale copy of Celen’s Fall and all that lies at the bottom. It’s in two halves of course, so you can see inside- wouldn’t be much good otherwise. Of course this spurred on a lot of posting for that red –and-white ME plot thread.

FRIDAY 7TH AUGUST
Scuffle broke out today between a few of the dragons, at Ladon’s birthday party, which can’t bode we

WEDNESDAY 12TH AUGUST
AT LAST! The dragons knocked out our generator (in the middle of writing my last entry!) and we were left electricity and computer-less for a few days. That would’ve been pretty hard to cope with- except we just spent that time writing like crazy by hand, and the muse was flowing well! At this rate we’ll be half done with the plot before summer’s over. Plus, of course, we couldn’t miss a clubtail birthday celebration!

FRIDAY 13TH AUGUST
Picnic today, out in the meadows- once we extracted Rintho from under Monty’s bed. Cinnamon challenges were undertaken all round. Echo volunteered to do a sugar challenge with the tea-making kit we had- not exactly challenging, that one. But we all got great amusement from forcing Zar to do the coke-and-mentos challenge. What was a little less funny was the surprise of finding Rintho underneath the picnic table.

SUNDAY 15TH AUGUST
No Rintho today- presumably even the undead need to take a day of rest now and then. Of course, Atoro wasn’t around much either, and we all know what that means… Special birthday treat for our resident lich, eh?
We spent most of the day in the big hall, got out some swords and bows and whatnot and showed each other what we know. Of course, some of the characters came in handy- plenty of them are mercs and the like, after all.

WEDNESDAY 18TH AUGUST
Rintho made a visit to Nyx’s room. Much to the displeasure of all those male/non-humanoid/just not keen on the idea, we had a day of doing nails. Probably the reason they weren’t so happy about it is that we made everyone join in. It’s extremely amusing to see Andyr and Atleon with matching French manicures. They moaned a lot, but they should just be glad we didn’t do pink glitter like Zold got.

THURSDAY 19TH AUGUST
Temperatures are slowly dropping, evenings are getting shorter and it’s hard to believe that our awesome summer has to end soon. Luckily we’ve got funds aplenty to keep this place ticking over till Christmas, when we can make a triumphant return. We went out riding today, and it’s impressive just how many different ecosystems we managed to find on one island. Really, you’d think we have got immensely powerful stones messing things about.

SATURDAY 21ST AUGUST
Something unexpected- a new member came to join us for the last week or so of summer! Well, they joined just as we all got out here really, but they got integrated with DC fast enough to spend some time on the island itself. They received a proper welcome with Rintho sneaking into their room to give them a nice little wake-up call.

SUNDAY 22ND AUGUST
So who knows where it came from, but hey- SNOW! Frost was skulking around looking a little guilty, and he and Hydra were spending an awful lot of time together yesterday… hm. Well, we had fun, anyway. It was hardly what we were expecting so most of us didn’t have the right clothes, but that didn’t seem to bother anyone in building igloos and forts and having snowball fights.

TUESDAY 24TH AUGUST
Well, the snow vanished almost as quickly as it came, but strategizing in the snowball fights did inspire the idea for a big proper game. After a bit of planning, we came up with some sort of morph between a Hunger Games, Assassination, and just about every other hunt-them-down game out there. We ended up playing into most of the night, because really? Too good not to. Luckily, Mirage didn’t seem to mind us doing this as her birthday party. There was still cake, so what else matters?

WEDNESDAY 25TH AUGUST
Rintho’s back at it again- who knows where he went, but at least 3 different people claim to have seen him under their beds. He just doesn’t get tired of it, evidently. We decided to pool our artistic tips today, which resulted in great improvements for me at least. Maybe others who’ve been doing it for longer didn’t take as much on board, but I think even Zay and Aero learnt one or two useful things.

FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST
A few brown leaves are now to be found on the ground- at least they crunch though! Zack accidentally spilt a bottle of red ink I’m using for Armeno’s posts all over himself, and Foen had to redo the spells to clean him up- spurring on a bit of origami from everyone else as we suddenly decided we too wanted to be able to make scroll dragons. Poor Foen, having to spend his whole birthday as a teacher! Still- he did seem to enjoy the attention. I don’t think people are interested in the technicalities of his work very often…

SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST
We all had to start packing today! I’m 100% sure that tears will be shod when we leave. We had a last spree of posts, because we’re not going to be able to use the posting room much longer. Can’t imagine how strange it’ll be to return to contact only over the internet…

SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST
Second last day! At this point, we’re just trying to pack in all the fun stuff we can together- and check all the bits off people’s summer lists. It’s hard to decide what to take with us and what to leave, but at least we bought most of the books for the castle. It’d be a real pain carting them all backwards and forwards. A few of us are planning to try and make it back here for a weekend sometime between now and Christmas, if we can. We managed to squeeze in time for Tabri’s birthday, of course.

SUNDAY 31ST AUGUST
And this is it. Doesn’t seem real that we have to go back to everyday life, but there it is. We’d done all our planning for Christmas decoration and when we’re going to get back and whatnot, so all that was left was saying goodbye… which is muuuuch easier said than done. Still, we had one last party for Fenrir’s birthday as we sailed back to the mainland to catch our flights, which was great fun- and then some of us got planes together. Zay, Rogue and I all sat together, so that eased out the parting a little? Well- everyone’s going to be on CB as soon as we get back home, I’ll bet.
TILL CHRISTMAS!

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:54 am

Where to start on the perfect castle for Dragons Cove?

Guess it'd be best to start with how it'd look:

Grey stone exterior
Towers
Plush carpeting in bedrooms and tile in bathrooms and kitchens
Lavish tapestries and original DC art on the walls
Lots of secret passages just for the fun of it
Massive walk in fridge for maximum muse-food capacity
A front-lawn-covering flower garden for an extra pocket of natural beauty
Billiard room with non-alcoholic beverage bar for those nights when loud boisterous singing is needed for muse sessions (and gaming)
An indoor pool
A muse chamber that includes an art room, a posting room, and a room stocked with various sweets and other sugary things
Dragon statues all over the place of various breeds
Crystal chandeliers of all colors in major dining rooms and sitting areas
Three flagpoles outside the front door with each faction's standard waving in the breeze

Personal Quarters:

Red walls with gold accents
Paper lanterns en masse variety of size and color hanging from the ceiling
A simple mattress on the floor with soft dark purple cotton sheets
Incense burners all over the room and zen music playing all day long
Dark cherry dressers for clothes and a matching desk for musings/important papers
A ton of colorful bird/nature photographs on the walls
Rich sandy colored carpeting

Now on to the vacation/to-do list (so much to do and so little time, in no specific order):

Make sure Hydra doesn't melt
Keep Rintho out from under the bed
Feed Mirage regularly (Heaven forbid she find a DCer to snack on!)
Avoid being crushed by Clubtails and/or getting stomped by Andyr
Celebrate birthdays as they happen
Instigate arguements between Atoro and Andyr
Eat cake with Hone and act crazy-hyper afterward
Bug the daylights out of Baldasarre by asking far too many questions
Attempt a conversation with Zartear
Catch Zack and cuddle him
Convince Geronimo to be social
Avoid letting Kvinna near shoes

That concludes most of the major things on the list I do believe. Hope this was interesting to read!
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Out of fear of Rogue eating me, here is an entry XD

Well, everybody knows that the only way to get into Dragons Cove is from the sky, so as expected the summer begins with a scenic flight on dragon-back. Of course, the trip wouldn’t have been complete without seeing the landscape, so there is a quick sightseeing-flight around the island before reaching the castle. Well actually, ‘castle’ is too ordinary a term really – epic-house-of-super-awesome-fun fits much better. From the sky, the castle appears as everybody’s favourite purple eyebrow smiley (Eyebrow Smiley), but it’s actually made up of 42 individual towers (not only is that the /answer/, but it’s also the number of epic people that have been invited this summer!). There’s a landing paddock for the dragons just outside, with a big courtyard on the ground floor for them to shelter in, but never mind about that – it’s the inside we’re interested in!

The ground floor is all open-plan, and has all the shared rooms in. There’s a nice big cooking area (with a pantry full of chocolate digestives, bread (for toast, as I believe some of the dragons are very partial to it) and marshmallow fluff, among other more normal foodstuffs), and a huge dining room, with one of those long, narrow tables that really fancy houses have. Then there is a ‘chatbox’ section. It’s wallpapered with that comforting dark-blue we all know and trust, and is the perfect place to meet other members, as well as some of the charming characters of Dragons Cove (just keep an eye on the guy wearing a full face-mask, and the village idiot pretending to be a knight). There’s also a big chalkboard for queries in there – we’ve named it ‘Steve’ since it serves as a mini-chatbox for anyone you can’t find. Next there’s the muse rooms, where you’ll find a dragon-sized thesaurus, a dictionary and then stacks and stacks of unusual objects to trigger that muse. However, the best bit of the ground floor has to be (drum roll please) the procrastination station!

The procrastination station is the heart of the castle really. It has all sorts of things to catch your eye and put you off whatever you’re supposed to be doing. For example, there are exactly seventeen glass figures hidden around the place to find when you’re bored, and the wallpaper on the side-wall is made up of over 3000 memes. The library is attached to the procrastination station, and contains precisely 7,463 books too – heaven for those of us with limited books at home! You’ll also find crafty bits-and-bobs in this section, as well as a huge supply of sewing stuff (including a ribbon-room especially for Rogue) and enough wool to knit a scarf for the whole castle (hey, there’s an idea!).

From the open ground floor, there are staircases leading to each of the towers – labelled of course with the name of the person who will be staying there. These have been decorated to their owner’s requests, so naturally every tower is different. My tower has a spiral staircase, with each step painted with a different colour and pattern, which leads up to one big, open room at the top. There is a huge window, with a view that reaches all the way out to the everbridge, which has an extra-wide window ledge especially for perching on. The wallpaper has pale blue lines, with a little red ‘margin’ line from floor to ceiling by the door, so the whole room can serve as a notepad, and I’ll keep a selection of multicoloured paints out in case I want to add pictures/doodle for some reason. There’ll be a big, circular desk right in the middle of the room, with drawers and cupboards underneath for my stuff, and a roll-out mattress to sleep on (with a mountain of cushions and blankets for nest-building). The carpet will be patchwork, and I’ll have loads of different coloured beanbags for slouching/guests. There’ll be a little cubby-hole in the wall for keeping my bonsai collection in, and (of course) a deluxe rat-run around the edge of the room for all the rats I’ll keep (just a little bit deluded Wink).

And there you have it: the best summer ever. ‘Nough said Wink

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Lovely entries from everyone, thank you! Smile
As always the choice was not easy but with a little help from Echo in the decision, the winner shall now be pronounced:

Congratulations, Artemis!

A small thank you shall be given to the others who have participated ^-^
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:50 pm

New Competition is up! *grin* Enjoy =)
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 am

He stood in a room full of strangers toasting to his health and, he imagined, secretly plotting to dethrone him once the war was won. He couldn’t name more than one face in ten, and pretended to enjoy all the conversations he found himself a part of. The longer he remained in the room, the more he wanted to leave, but the festivities were in his honor, and he supposed it would be rude if he left in the middle of another recount of how Captain Whatshisface defeated the corsairs upon the ship WhoKnows. He searched the sea of faces for a familiar one, hoping to be rescued. He spotted the Tactician, but the man was engrossed in a conversation and waving to him would be too obvious.

He stood in a room full of colleagues and underlings toasting to the King’s health and, he imagined, trying to work their way up in His good graces. He knew everyone by name, and initiated most of the conversations he’d been a part of. He spied the King staring blankly into the crowd as Captain Hadanna spoke of his victory over corsairs on the Ship Svedmila, one of the many belonging to the fleet that sailed away from Old Surahnia. Poor man, he was much more at home leading an army, or slaying monstrous beasts. He watched as the guards changed positions and smirked at the fact that the Swordsmaster had bothered listening to him after all. He would have rescued the King, but his curiosity had been piqued as the topic moved away from the war and settled on the need for a decent mapmaker.

He stood in a room full of his betters, watching as they celebrated the King’s birthday. He was one of a squadron of twenty designated to guard the Feasting Hall, and relished the overtime he’d earn for working on a holiday. The guards rotated positions, and he followed suit, moving to a spot where he could see both the King and the Tactician, both engaged in conversation. He scanned the room, spotting a grinning bowman amongst the wealth and rank. He could have been among them, one of the fighting class elevated like a noble, but it was far too much work, and far too difficult to maintain. Besides, he’d lose what little time he had with his daughter and that was inconceivable.

He stood in a room full of liars and soldiers, watching as they celebrated the King’s birthday. He was a bowman, but he wore both the yellow and white armband which marked him as both an Elite and a Hero. That meant he got to attend the function as a guest and not a guard, not that he’d have taken guard duty on a holiday. Despite the overtime, it wasn’t worth watching others loaf off while he had to remain vigilant. He drifted from conversation to conversation, working his way nearer to his friend. The man was surrounded by intellectuals, which was really typical of him. He couldn’t be bothered with anyone who couldn’t hold up their end of the conversation. He was a few feet away from his friend, captured by a conversation about nothing in particular because it was rude not to stop when one’s name was called. He had a smile on, dimples showing, and laughed at the right times, but his eyes were on his friend’s back. Wide and strong, a Tactician, but once a fighting man and would always be at his very core. His smile faltered as he realized his friend was deeply engrossed in a conversation with a Lady. He looked away from his friend and back to the faces of people he hardly knew. He excused himself as politely as he could and decided he didn’t want to be there, in the hall, celebrating the King’s birthday.

He excused himself as politely as he could and decided he didn’t want to be there, in the hall, celebrating his birthday.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks Nen for an awesome entry!
Even though you'll be winning this by default, your piece has been admired by everyone - lots of praise on the CB! ^-^ And well deserved too!
CONGRATS =D
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:09 pm

I nominate Alice!

Now, although you couldn't call Alice ugly to look at, as a person, she is inside. So-as-far-as-I-know, she thinks of most as beneath her, except her precious book... she has little interest in the feelings or contributions of others. A self-absorbed person is never someone who contributes to the world. She is quickly disgusted by others, even if they are trying to be kind; the impression I get, she sees kindness as something to be ridiculed and avoided. Anyone who so quickly judges others' caring actions is definitely an ugly person, as they cannot see the goodness in anything any more. If you cannot accept something that is supposed to be a friendly, open gesture, then how are you supposed to ever give back something like that?

//messy explanation is messy

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:48 am

Totes nominating Skeloph for this one.

On the outside, Skeloph is a woman of the people, a person of high moral standings fit to serve in the high council of Dragon's Cove. Her position was obtained through association (to her father, namely), though she preaches it was through her own hard work and determination. Beyond that, she is very self-important, focusing entirely on keeping her lofty position more than anything else. Her appearance in front of the masses is planned and scripted, giving empty promises to keep the people in blissful ignorance. I'm not saying she's the only bad council member (coughcoughinnacecough), however she stands out for how much she tries to hide her flaws. Soooo yeah :L
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I nominate Lyvas Hunt!

He's a former Kaionarian crime boss and isn't above killing everyone in his way to get what he wants. Yes, he makes a good character, but he's mean spirited, a murderer, he raised GERRIS for pity's sake and look how that turned out! Anyone who raises a dragon to be THAT dangerous has some serious issues. Least of all he's reanimated and has to wear a metal cap over his neck to compensate for his missing head.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm

I nominate Gerris. While Lyvas may have raised him to be a killer, he was born an egotistical narcissist. He's incredibly vain and incredibly proud. He doesn't think like a dragon, desiring a life of ease at the expense of others. Self centered and unabashedly cruel, he's also a coward. He will take the easy way out nine times out of ten unless there is a goal he wishes to achieve. He enjoys killing, however, and the distance others give him for being a fume. Gerris also looks at people and dragons for what use they can be to him, and quickly discards people or dragons who he believes are a burden. Despite Lyvas's careful tending and attentive training Gerris killed him because he doesn't like being bossed around. If he ever caught wind of Lyvas's resurrection, he'd hightail it quickly, or try to get the ME to attack Kaionar in an attempt to be rid of him, uncaring of the losses the group might incur because of the endeavor. It's a good thing the Clubtail Sisters are so protective of their pack.

And just in case you didn't think he was an utter piece of shit -points down-

Quote :
Gerris had joined the Maledictus Eice because he'd had nothing better to do. Seriously. A band of marauding dragons had appealed to his most basic desire of killing. However, it turned out to be some kind of justice movement and he wasn't in for that. Being part of the Maledictus Eice was like being part of a brainwash, no rationality, hormonal youth group and it not only made him feel old, it made him feel alienated. He did not want the death of all non-dragons because that was detrimental to easy living, and Gerris was not a dragon eager to return 'to the wild'. He counted himself as an enlightened individual, and enlightened individuals bathed, groomed, and did not sleep on dirt floors.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I elect... Syntribos!
Although he's not too physically repulsive, he is one /slimy/ individual. He's too full of himself by far, and puts himself first to the point of it being sickening. Even among Maledictus Eice (where it wouldn't be too odd to find morally questionably characters) he stands out, as he doesn't even fully support the group he claims to support. He is a coward, and is constantly looking to gain something for himself - never have I seen anything resembing a 'selfless act' of anything from him

Just a few quotes now, to back up my decision:
'As long as he still treated him like god (ah yes, that was the way it was supposed to be) none of that mattered.' -- So he's a god on Earth, is he? I would say proud and self-centred, with an ego much to big for him.
'“Why hello my dear,” he said, voice a soft purr as he stepped towards her. “How can we help you?” Ugh, how sickening, this politeness.' -- Two points with this one. Firstly, he is manipulative (I mean, who simpers like that unless they want something?) and secondly, he's showing his somewhat two-faced nature.
'Yes, it was poor company to be surrounding himself with, but who said minions had to be smart?' -- minions? Ah yes, that's what the world is to you, isn't it?
'Vy shouted an order to get down the hole behind them, which filled Syn with a quivering fear.' -- cowardly
'he completely ignored the clubtail’s call to gather, grumbling under his breath and just starting a one-dragon mutiny.' -- Not exactly a loyal follower...
'Syntribos skidded after Fenrir as fast as his legs would carry him, uncaring as to the fact that they had just left Jitt behind' -- he clearly doesn't care for those around him, or else he would have checked that Jitt was safe as well as himself

So, to conclude, I believe the ugliest character is Syn, since his is cowardly, self centred and two-faced.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:36 am

We have our winner: Lyvas Hunt!

Congrats to Liz for making the winning nomination and congrats to Nen for being the one to have created Lyvas!

Last edited by Eldarwen on Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 am

YAY UGLIEST CHARACTER ON DC
LYVAS BABY YOU GOIN PLACES
TEARFUL ACCEPTANCE SPEECH
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 7:39 am

New writing competition is up!
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 10:07 am

The most delicious cake in existence

Ingredients:
- 3 non-authentic dragon eggs (chicken eggs are fine)
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) milk
- 175 g (6 oz) self-raising flowers (those where the Hedgecats come from are best as they flower all year round)
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- 100 g (4 oz) softened butter
- 275 g (10 oz) caster sugar (if Artemis is eating, cut out this ingredient. She’s allergic.)

To taste:
- 1 vial of the blood of your enemies
- Adorable and fluffy penis
- 3 packs of Chocolate digestives
- Toast (if Ithelle is around)

Method:
1. Get a clubtail to mash together all the ingredients in a bowl until it’s kinda smooth. Make sure you remove the eggshells at some point.
2. Throw it all into a tin. Make sure Sinyaya doesn’t eat all the batter before it gets cooked.
3. Bake on the back of a lava dragon for 25-30 minutes (if native Dragons’ Cover), or 50-60 minutes (if Surahnian). Make sure you get that nice brittle, blackened texture if you’re cooking for Surahnians. For natives, the cake should be golden and squishy. Tip out onto a wire rack and brush the crumbs onto the floor for hovering butterfly dragons to eat.
4.  Crush digestives and toast; mix with the blood of your enemies and pour over the top.
5. Decorate with lash dragon feathers and tiny replicas of the five Stones. Sorted!
6. Check to make sure there are no hiding Card dragons before cutting and eating.

Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Cakeyd10
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 4:32 pm

When a lad’s no good at baking
He’ll spend his whole time faking
To impress his lady
He’ll bake something shady
And set her bowels to quaking

Then when everything’s done
He’ll make an awful pun
The lass will be angry
Will leave him, frankly
Preferring to become a nun

Then the lad, with his lady flown
Hit the streets, got in the zone
To find another lass
With a sweet, sweet ass
And promised to make her moan
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES   Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragons Cove Competitions and media, {poetry} {short stories} {series} {articles} {images} PRIZES
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2