Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm

Static waited for a final blow to come- Now she was defenceless, without even her lost scimitar, Phoebe could finish her once and for all. Yet, the blow didn’t seem to come. Phoebe had removed the strange black magic from around her, and if Static had still had any electricity, it would have been the prime opportunity. As it was, she wasn’t tricking the girl- she really was completely unpowered. Seemed that she also was feeling the strain of her magic- She looked tired.

Static put her other hand on the ground, balancing herself before rising to her feet. She swayed slightly, exhaustion hitting her like a wave. She hadn’t been fully unpowered before, not like this. But then again, she hadn’t had so little sleep and so much work in succession before either. Her words were distracting though.
“What do you want from me? If I were you, I would be long dead by now, yet you stand there as if nothing had just occurred.”
Back to top Go down
moonpearl
moonpearl

Things that I am :
  • Troll
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 pm

"I don't want you as an enemy, it will only cause further harm to both of us. I won't force you to rethink your foolish and dangerous goal of slaying dragons, as long as you refrain from killing Evren, my dragon and my friend. You basically have two choices. One, you leave and never seek me nor Evren again, or two, you become my comrade, to travel and fight with me. As you've noticed, small groups are dangerous to travel with if put against a powerful opponent. Joining me could prevent you from getting into dangerous situations like the one you're in right now."

It could also do the same thing for herself. Phoebe knew if Evren were conscious right now, he wouldn't agree with what she was trying to do. She was putting too much trust into the person she was just fighting, almost to the death, with. Yet, the only other option was to kill Static. You can't expect someone to trust you if you don't trust her first. Phoebe believes slayers can be "cured."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:26 pm

Static took a step towards Phoebe as she insulted her way of life, but stopped. Who knew whether she still had power to summon that black magic again?
“I do not slay to fill my life, I slay to stay in my life.” It was true- if there was other work around, she would stick to leaving dragons well alone, but when there was nothing, their hides would make a pretty price on the market.
“I’ll take the first option. Just because you’ve bested me this time, doesn’t mean I’m your friend.” She spat the word, her vehement tone the only thing left to express her emotions through. “And any other day, I would have won without even a challenge.” Okay, so maybe that wasn’t quite true…

“Next time…” Static said, turning away from the girl and starting towards the trees where Tamarisk was tied into the branches of a tree. Then she could untie the horse and they could get away somewhere where she could recover, charge up again then head off for the nearest place where there was a blacksmith- And somewhere she could get her shoe fixed before it fell to bits completely. Stupid magic…

Back to top Go down
moonpearl
moonpearl

Things that I am :
  • Troll
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Slaying as a job. Being paid to kill dragons. Of course... it wasn't just a sick hobby. It was a profession. Phoebe had known someone else with that profession, though she didn't get to see him often. Her father was a dragon slayer too. He was an ordinary man at first, but he became obsessed. He couldn't stop, he had no other work. It eventually killed him. Dragon slaying was foolish. It consumes you, just like Black Hole, the last present Phoebe received from him. With continued use, she would be killed by it too, unless...

And now that Static could go free, she and Evren were at risk again. Especially because, Static seemed to say she wasn't at her best today. Does she have allies with similar abilities? This was still a dangerous situation. I wonder if she takes proper care of her horse.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Static kept heading for the trees where she had left Tamarisk, trying to stop from weaving drunkenly. Having no electricity was something new to her, and it made her feel hollow- It was as though she had lost part of her person... She stumbled as she stepped up the small ridge between a bank of sand and the grassy meadow that surrounded the lake, Phoebe's eyes boring into her back. She could feel them.

Her broken boot caught on the ridge and she weaved even more drunkenly, the ground dipping underneath her. There were black spots in front of her eyes and she couldn't get rid of them, even when she blinked- In fact, they just grew worse! The ground veered suddenly to the right, tipping like a set of scales and she collapsed, her coat fluttering green around her like the wings of a downed dragon. She felt some of the fabric settle on her face, then there was nothing.
Back to top Go down
moonpearl
moonpearl

Things that I am :
  • Troll
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 3:19 am

Phoebe heard the distinctive *thump* sound of a person falling on the ground. Slowly, slowly... she turned around... and there was Static, who had totally just passed out. Behind her stood a very confused horse-thing. On one hand, if she killed Static now, the danger to herself and Evren would be eliminated. If she left her there On the other hand, even though she didn't seem very reasonable, helping her might make Static feel she owed something to her, or even possibly maybe there was a slim chance of becoming allies with her. Considering that Phoebe was tired and needed to take care of Evren too....

First, she took the horse-thing and had it put in the stables. Second, she took Static, rented a room at the inn for her, put her on the bed, and left a pair of her own sneakers there, since she currently didn't have any shoes. As a last thought, she put a note on the shoes that said, "Hey there! Yeah, you ah... kinda passed out there. But I didn't kill you! Your horse is in the stables, and you can have these sneakers. Not sure if they're your size though, your feet are huge. -Phoebe :p"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Static gave a groan as she slowly came to, lifting a hand to her head, eyes still closed. God, she hadn’t felt as bad as this in a long, long time. Her glove felt sandy on the side of her face and her eyes suddenly flew open, jerking suddenly awake. The grey of a ceiling looked back at her, the pale paint featureless and boring. Where was the sky? And why was the ground so soft? She sat up slowly, feeling for all the world like a creaky old gate- Aching, and not all quite there. She was lying on a bed… What had happened? She remembered Phoebe, that was for sure, and the dragon that she had downed, but after that, it was all a grey haze.

And where were her boots? With all the mess in her head of the past however-long-it had been, she didn’t understand what was going on- For once, she was completely out of her depth. At least there was nobody else around to take advantage, which was one good thing. Amongst all the other bad. She pulled her cloak around her (she still had on armour, which made not having shoes all the more strange) and slid to the edge of the bed. There was a note and a pair of sneakers. Her own boots were nowhere to be seen, but she hoped they were somewhere close. She plucked the note from the top of the shoes, swearing bitterly as she read it. She had passed out? No wonder she felt so strange- And now she thought about it, she could remember running out of electricity fighting Phoebe. But she had brought her here? Mercy was a strange thing in itself. And she didn’t have that big feet!

She slipped her feet into the shoes, feeling them pinch her toes a little. The girl must have very small feet! Her thoughts turned to Tamarisk suddenly- Phoebe obviously knew enough to stable the stallion, but more than that, she couldn’t tell. She got to her feet, heading for the door with purpose, the note in her hand. The floor swayed nauseatingly under her feet, and she had to put a hand on the wood of the door when she reached it, closing her eyes and trying to stop the world from spinning. Oh, this was bad. Very bad.

She took a deep breath and exited the room, heading for the staircase that lead down the landing in front of her to the lower floor of the building. Once again the world slipped, and before she reached halfway down she had sunk to the step on which she stood, pressing her hands against her eyes as she sat to try and stop the world from jumping like a rabbit in front of her. If this was what running out of electricity was going to be like, she was not going to be doing it again.

Back to top Go down
moonpearl
moonpearl

Things that I am :
  • Troll
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Phoebe couldn't do much to move Evren, she was good at being fast and sharp, not big and strong, so they stayed where they were. She had bought some medicinal ointments in town that were supposed to help burn injuries and applied them to Evren, but she wasn't sure how much they would work on a dragon. Evren had woke up once or twice but was groggy and obviously still in pain. He asked about what happened in the fight and she told him, and he seemed to agree with what she had done, but... well, he was disappointed that they couldn't escape from here until he healed and was able to fly again. Even knowing that Static was probably still asleep or unable to move, she couldn't leave him for long, who knows if Static was travelling with other slayers?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Once the world had decided to stop spinning again, Static climbed cautiously to her feet, leaning on the wall as she made her way down the last few stairs. Ignoring the pounding headache that told her to go back upstairs and sleep for a week, she walked slowly to the door, pulling it open and stumbled outside. It was still light, the courtyard deserted, but across from where she stood was the building she wanted- The stables.

She straightened, took a deep breath and set one foot in front of the other, her balance wobbling as she let go of the wall. Although it was hardly a few metres across the courtyard, it felt like each step could send her toppling to the floor… A hand took her elbow halfway across, helping her across the last few feet. Reaching the other wall, she shrugged the helper off (a stablegroom, who looked at her with concern for a moment before disappearing off to his duties) and leant against the wall, massaging her forehead with her fingers. From the open door of the next stable along peeked a familiar face- It was her Tamarisk, the spotted horse chewing on a mouthful of hay. She gave the horse a small smile, ducking under the rope that kept him in the stable and running her hands along his neck until his withers. She gave him a push and he obligingly sunk to his knees, letting her onto his bare back with little fuss. She would have tacked him and left there and then, but from the way she was feeling, it felt like all her energy had been drained from just crossing the courtyard.

She unhooked the rope from the stable door and walked the horse out, drooping over his neck as he headed for the exit. The horse knew where she wanted to go, down to the lake, to get out of the way of other humans for a while until she had recuperated. Her eyes sank shut for a moment as she laid along the horse’s neck, her hands twisted into his mane so she couldn’t fall. When they reached the edge of the village he baulked, making her open her eyes unwillingly. She looked along his neck, her heels twitching his sides to make him walk on before she spotted the dragon and rider by the lakeside. She swore quietly under her breath and pushed herself upright, scraping her wavy hair back from her face slowly with one hand. Her front locks pinged back into place as she let her hand drop to her side again, wishing she hadn’t lost her scimitar to Phoebe’s powers.

==X==

The mountains looked like a good place to be. Not only was it somewhere different, there were many different medicines and cures to investigate! To Foen, whose speciality was healing and helping people, this was exactly the sort of “holiday” (it was more of a research trip however) he needed.
It seemed be becoming more and more like him to just go off on a jaunt whenever he felt like it. But, there were always rewarding things to discover.

The blonde-haired man had decided to investigate the lake that had come with the little village he was staying in today, walking down to the nearest edge and then around the rest of it in one big circle. It had taken him a good few hours (it was surprisingly large, and quite heavily wooded along the furthest end, so it had been interesting navigating around that), but he was nearly back at the village now, and he was glad for that fact. He could do with a rest, and some food too. He had underestimated how long it would take him, and now he was hungry!

As he walked the long straight stretch back towards the little settlement however, his interest in food was superseded by something greater; a dragon was laid along the side of the water, looking rather the worse for wear. He frowned, and as he got closer, shouted aloud, “Hey, you okay? Dragon?” He wasn’t very good at talking to dragons, being mostly used to Zack, a tiny scroll dragon. This dragon was very, very different.

Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 11f7e1d5ce1244c921354a7ec8f0ac6e
Tamarisk Smile
Back to top Go down
moonpearl
moonpearl

Things that I am :
  • Troll
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:36 am

It was evening by the lake, and Evren had been resting in that same spot for a few days now. His body still ached from the pain of being attacked with lightning and falling while still in the air. He had black burn marks on his violet scales and certainly is not going to be flying or leaving this area that day or the next. Phoebe had been trying to heal him with medicine from the tiny local store, but it wouldn't even be enough to heal a human lightning-strike victim, much less a dragon. In fact, she was asking for more medicine from those (probably quite exasperated with her at the moment) shopkeepers right now. Phoebe seemed so intent on leaving as soon as possible though, the girl was being so unreasonable. Sure, leaving was the logical thing to do, but it can't be accomplished right now, so she's just going to have to wait a few days.

Hearing someone address him as "dragon" and ask if he was okay, Evren attempted to squint his eyes open to see the offender. He felt that whoever it was, he was not trying to attack him so Evren did not bother to open his eyes. "No," he grumbled, "I am certainly not okay, and you could see that quite clearly if you used your eyes for a few seconds." He was not usually this short with people, (yes he was) but Evren was not in the best of moods at that time, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:38 pm

Foen paused a little way off from the dragon in front of him, then gingerly walked a little closer, his eyes flicking all over the beast. A young male, looking to be in the prime age of his life, apart from one thing; many burns, all across his scales, and wings, which made him look terribly worse for wear. His heart immediately went out to the dragon, mind whirring into action. What could he do to help the poor cosmos? There were many potions in his repertoire for healing, and even from just a cursory look over the dragon, he could think of three- no, four!- potions that would do him good already. They were originally for humans, but they could probably be adapted, and of course, made in much greater batches, and would hopefully do some good to the poor beast.

His kindness was a little diminished by Evren’s ratty words, but only just. He put it down to post-trauma irritableness. Little wonder, too; he wasn’t in good shape. But that didn’t mean that Foen was immediately going to start cooing over how terrible a situation the dragon was in. Quite the opposite, in fact; pity never did people good.
“Well, no need to be so grumpy! You could be a little more polite, if you wanted help. Certainly looks that way. However,” now his voice took on a slightly more cheerful tone, pleased with himself already, “Don’t worry, I’ll help out anyway. I’m a sorcerer, y’know, so I’m pretty good at healing. It’s my speciality.” He brushed his blonde hair out of his face, pretending he was modest about the fact, but instead just looked a little supreme. “So, I would never leave a poor dragon like you out here with all these burns. What happened?” He stepped a little closer to the dragon, reaching out to touch his scales, run his hands across the wounds to get a feel for them. But he paused; this was not a small dragon. “May I?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)   Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opposites In The Moonlight, Slayer and Rider- (moonpearl and rogue)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3