Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief

Go down 
+2
Artemis
Zay
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

(New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Already in his zone, Ellias didn’t even notice, let alone smell the dragon nosing around at the door, he was too intent on his latest could-be cashpile.
“Aah is no matter Sir…Oh, meet my friend here, Rokam. Ya lucky ya ain’t playing against him I tell ya.” He chuckled a little, now placing a freshly shuffled deck on the table, making a point of avoiding a small pool of spilt ale.

“So this is how we gon’ go;” He began, Ellias’s voice was a strange blend of colloquial and twittery-quickness. “Simple ‘nough Sir, with each turn we’ll both be drawin’ two cards, and by the third, which of us has the highest value wins. Aces low, so we all good then?” He asked, then adding a moment later. “Oh and, with each turn you can raise yer bet.”
Ellias listened to the whisper of Rokam, a decent profit was better than nothing he thought, now it was just a case of convincing the man that he could be in a real shot of winning, maybe let him win one or two rounds and then on the third up the anty a little, maybe try the double or nothing approach.
And thoroughly clean out his earnings.
“Y’ready?”
He enquired, both hands waiting on the table.

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Jackdaww grinned, and flexed his fingers. “I’m ready, sure enough, and I’m feeling lucky.” He said, taking another gulp of ale. He drew two coppers from his pocket, and placed them on the table. “Starting low, mind.” He said, not wanting to have every penny he owned taken from him in one round. He knew Measle would be disappointed in him, but he didn’t care. He waited for the cards to be dealt, and finished the mug of ale. It left a bitter taste in his mouth, and it was clearly not as fresh as it could have been, but it was better than the river water he’d been drinking all week. His hand never left the hilt of his sword, however, making it clear that he would never bet his sword on a game. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched the woman across from him carefully. He didn’t know what it was, but he felt more cautious of her than any of the men around the table.

Measle, however, growing bored again, looked around the alley behind the tavern to find a small, grimy window. He nudged it open, and pushed his head indoors. The bright purple crest on his head seemed to glow in the dim light, but no one was looking his way to notice. He looked for Jackdaww and tutted aloud as he saw him playing cards. He stopped himself roaring at him just in time, and decided to watch in case he got himself into a mess again. He was notoriously bad at gambling, and Measle for one wanted to be welcome in the little town in future.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Yarri scanned the poster briefly, but took little interest in it; she did, of course, already know about the thief, and she had a pretty good idea of a method to catch him. She smiled politely at the woman, and made no reaction when the horns were revealed on her head. She did, however, smile a little at the woman's approaches to the man.

Jaden took more interest in the poster, his eyes taking in the information. He then turned back to Yarri.
'I'll assist with trying to find this thief, but I have no particular interest in the reward,' he told her. She nodded gratefully. Jaden then sat down to wait out the bipeds' conversation.

Yarri looked at the woman who had spoken to her once Jaden was finished.
'Well, that's actually what I'm here about too,' she said. 'I was wondering if any of you had seen a dragon like him'- here she gestured to Jaden- 'about anywhere. Just with clubs instead of spades. Because I'm looking for him- they can both help find this thief.' Yarri could do with the reward- it would help her large family. But she also generally thought it was best if these thefts were stopped. She waited hopefully to see if anyone had seen Rokam.

Rokam smiled slightly distractedly at Jackdaww, and hoped that his influence had stacked the cards well- not that they had very large winnings to earn. And the man didn't look like he was about to offer his weapon, either. His drink looked unpleasant as he drained it- but then, so was most of the stuff served in taverns. A movement in the back wall of the tavern caught his eye, and he looked round to see what it was. He had to sit down abruptly when he saw it. The head of a lightning storm dragon poked through the window, and it was watching this table. It didn't seem to have noticed Rokam, away in the shadows, but the club dragon was amazed that his premonition had been correct. Was this the dragon he had smelt on their current gambler? He thought so, but then this dragon looked a little small to be ridden yet. Rokam frowned, but got up again and watched the table, waiting for the cards to be laid down on it. There was little else he could do to influence the outcome of this round now.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Del’ure couldn’t help himself but laughed out loud at the goblin calling him a pretty boy. In a way, he liked that he still had the same effect on most guys, namely that they hated his guts even though they might not even know why exactly. The two of them would have a lot of fun, should they actually all start working together. “If your experience is like your mouthwork, then this should be a piece of cake for you,” Del’ure smiled at the goblin before turning his attention back to the female. While he was looking her over once more, the man on the roof had suddenly decided to take him up on his suggestion and come towards them.

Though the man with the golden eyes was weird, to say the least. Playing with all of us? Del’ure raised a questioning eyebrow at the others around him as the man had already turned and disappeared into the streets. “What was that all about?”

Del’ure’s attention was rather quickly caught by the woman again however as she went to agree on the chasing bit. ’If they don’t put up a fight?’ Well, well… the demon mused thoughtfully, lookinig her over once more when she suggested to actually work together as a group, an eyebrow slightly raising towards the skies again as she suggested the goblin and himself might not be capable of accomplishing such a petty task as snatching a thief. Her grin suggested an ulterior motive however which in turn brought a grin back to his face as well. Winking at her and purposefully ignoring the goblin after the female’s suggestion to work as a team, he turned his attention to two newcomers who all of a sudden stumbled into the group by chance.

“Well, then, looks like this is going to be an entire hunting party. We will have a blast,” Del’ure smiled, though in the meantime he was not so sure about this anymore. As he felt the woman’s arm brush against his, he resisted the urge to play his role and smugly put his arms around her shoulders. Instead, he, as if by chance, let his fingers brush against her back ever so slightly when he stepped past her and closer to the dragon. Looking at it carefully, he narrowed his eyes. Earlier in that pub…. Slowly, he nodded his head before he looked at the female who had asked the question about the dragon. “Indeed, I think I might have seen him in the pub. Not too long ago and he might just still be in there.” With that, he jerked his thumb over his back to point towards the pub he had stepped out of only moments earlier. “However, I could not with certainty tell you which design it was.”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Ellias nodded, noting the two coppers put on the table.
“And I shall match you, for two coppers.” He slid the coins forward on the grainy surface of the table, it’d be easy to lose a few in the large notches of it.
Ellias had laid out a neat stack of cards, and first he’d draw two cards, then the man in front of him would. Hopefully from thereon it’d be simple.
Ellias reached toward the pile to draw two cards, and pulled them back his way before reading what was on them, nothing on his face to give him away.
This will be easy He thought, grinning inside his mind, a Queen of spades and a Jack of hearts. True there were two more draws afterward but this was a very welcome start.
“And I will now put down two silver pieces.” He slowly pushed them toward the coppers, still deciding if that was the best choice…

Despite being focused on the game now, he could sense Rokam shifting uneasily next to him, dragons spoke through their minds too didn’t they? Ellias hated using the mind link, his other thoughts often would burst out while he tried to “say” something.

Rokam you’re squirming like a worm and it looks weird. What’s wrong? Aren’t the cards going to draw well now…or?

…And finally he decided that it was and left the two silver pieces there.
“Your turn now, Sir, mind if I ask your name by the way?”

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:22 pm

“My name?” Jackdaww asked, raising an eyebrow and putting forth a hand to draw his cards. “It’s Jackdaww. Two Ws.” He said, picking up his cards. It wasn’t too shabby, he had the king of hearts, but his second card was the three of spades. He saw the waver of his opponent’s hand, and decided to risk it. Hi rooted around in his pocket, and drew two silvers. “Very well, I’ll match your bet. And I don’t believe I caught your name either, good sir. What may I call you?” he asked, eying the dragon under the table. It looked a little smaller than Measle, but only by an inch or so.
He suddenly wandered where Measle had gotten to. He looked over his shoulder, and caught sight of his violet spines shimmering in the window across from him. “Measle? What are you doing over there?” he demanded, turning around to look at his dragon. Measle ducked his head low, so Jackdaww couldn’t see, so Jackdaww turned to the table again.

Moments later, the door of the tavern swung open, and Measle crept inside. For a lightning storm dragon, he was incredibly small, and fitted under the table at Jackdaww’s feet nicely, but instead he chose to sit by his side. “Jack, this is daft. Put away your money and let’s go.” He whined, looking up at him like a large dog. Jackdaww rolled his eyes, and turned back to the cards, ignoring him completely.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:59 pm

Rokam peered at the cards over Ellias' shoulder, then looked back at the window. He jumped as he felt Ellias touch his mind, then replied.
There's a dragon at the window...
If he'd been talking out loud, it would've been a mutter. As it was, he looked up to see the very same dragon pad in and sit next to Jackdaww. He stared at it over the table in disbelief. It would fit under the table, and that was small for a dragon. He was about the smallest common size, and that dragon was a fair bit smaller than him!

Yarri nodded.
'Thank you,' she said. 'I'll go and fetch him, he can help us out here.' She set off, Jaden following.

Ooc: Kat, I think we're confused on dragon sizes. I don't know about Measle, but Rokam is about the size of a horse. There's a size chart somewhere... Ask Zay, maybe.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:22 pm

((ooc;; i know, but Measle is a) still rather young, and b) very small. He will be about that size, and is growing still, but yeah. I probably did underestimate that a bit. Sorry xD I'll change it so he's about to Jack's shoulder, so about as big as a shetland pony xD))

Measle looked back over the table at the black-and-white dragon. It was a little larger than him, but not by an extreme amount. He only fitted under the table when he was crawling almost on his belly, and as he slowly sat up to his full (but still unimpressive) height, he reached Jackdaww’s shoulder. He was obviously bored, and disliked tavern noises, and rested his head on the table next to Jackdaww’s tankard of ale, scowling at the thing with obvious distain.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Oh jeez, talk to one guy and ten more'll join in. Kagan fumed, glaring at the new arrivals. The prettyboy he could tolerate talking to, the woman slightly more, but he didn't want to have to talk to three people. And the nerve of that strange man, making such a comment and then walking off as if he had said nothing. "Kagan is no one's play thing." He mumbled to himself, then sighed. Oh well, he's gone. For now. And if he ever showed his face again...

Kagan's ear twitched, being snapped out of a soon to be rant by the woman's suggestion. Work? With him? Kagan eyed the man thuroughly, chewing on the end of his cigar in thought. True, the chances of catching such a talented criminal would be greater if there were more people searching for him, and if those two were willing to do it without pay... a sly grin showed on his face, and he nodded. This will be great.

Another one!? Kagan wsa about done with all of these new people showing up, even if one of them was a dragon. No big deal, a person was a person, even if they also happened to be giant lizards. He sat, cross legged, and watched grumpily, breathing in and out smoke whenever he felt compelled to do so. If they wanted to waste time looking for some dragon, they could, but Kagan would have no part of it. He would just wait until they were done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:48 am

Ardere began to shift uncomfortably, and, not really thinking, pulled up her hood to cover her features once more. She had always been a loner by nature, and now that there was a growing group of people about, she began to feel nervous, a little claustraphobic, even. "I have seen no dragon of such descr-" she began to answer the woman, but before she had finished the attractive man had already given her his answer, and she was soon out of sight. Well, it was just the three of them again, it appeared. She waited a moment as if expecting someone else to join their number, but when none appeared, she let out a breath. "Well, now that we are alone once more, I don't believe I have gotten your names. I go by Ardere, as well as other names..." She smirked, offering a hand first to the strange green creature, and then to the other man. "If we are going to work together, we might as well... Get to know one another better." She let the suggestion hang in the air, twitching an eyebrow slightly under her hood; oh, what fun this could be. She hadn't missed the 'accidental' brush he had given her as he had walked past to get a closer look at the dragon. It was obvious they were on the same page. How pleasing, she mused; it had been a while since she had been able to ensnare such a handsome, delicious man. She had been living off drunkards in bars for far too long. It was time to treat herself, as long as she could keep his attention. She couldn't help but wonder if there was more to him than he appeared; he was strangely beautiful, inhumanly so, and he gave off an odd aura that she couldn't quite place.

With a jolt, she realized how dark it had gotten. The sun had seemed to sink out of the sky without warning, and there was now a thin silver moon rising in the air. "Mmm, looks like the fun will have to wait until tomorrow. I don't know about you boys, but I have a much harder time searching in the dark than the light, and I think that we'll need as much help that we can get if we're to find this elusive thief." She had already assumed that they would agree to work together, with she, of course, tagging along to get whatever benefits may come. "There's an inn not too far from here that has decent prices; I think I'll stay there, and you are more than welcome to join me." With one last purposeful, flirtatious look at the demon, she turned and walked off into the night, her odd gait soon disappearing as her body was enveloped by darkness. The inn was little more than a block away, conveniently, and she entered and bought a room for the night, then found a spot in the lounge to sit, waiting to see if either of the men would follow her. If not, she would more than likely run into them again; it was hard to miss a little green man and a tall pretty boy, especially if they stayed together. She sipped delicately at a light, bubbly drink, toying with the flames in the fireplace nearby, making the fire dance and flicker to her pleasure.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Yarri did quite a lot of travelling, and she was fairly fit, so she jogged all the way to the tavern. A quick glance through the window informed her that Rokam was in the building. Scowling, she strode in, causing Jaden to look a little lost for a moment before he sat by the window and watched.
'What on earth are you doing, Rokam?' she snapped as she took in the dragon standing by the humans and the cards. Rokam looked appauled and completely taken aback for a second before he composed himself.
'I was just looking at the cards,' he said hurriedly. 'I find them interesting.' Yarri looked extremely suspicious. Rokam knew the best thing to do would be to get out, so he slid around the table, and with a nod to the other dragon began a hurried explanation to Ellias as he and Yarri made their way out.
Sorry, she thinks she's in charge of me, doesn't know about you, no end of trouble if she found out, rides me occasionally but not so keen on her... The words flowed out of Rokam's mind and along to Ellias, and the next second Yarri ahd shunted the dragon out of the tavern.
'I hope I don't see you around this sort of place again,' she scolded him. He huffed and shuffled his feet, while Jaden stood.
'Should we get back to where those others were?' he asked. Yarri nodded, and Rokam crouched down on the ground. The Nightling jumped onto his back, and he straightened up again. The two dragons went much faster than Yarri had on her feet, and they arrived back at the poster in a short time to see Ardere sashaying away. Yarri looked at the remaining people.
'This is Rokam,' she said.
'Together, we may be able to tell where and when the thief will next strike,' interjected Jaden.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:17 pm

Del’ure grinned widely as the woman, who had now introduced herself as Ardere gave her hand with a comment towards possible other names. Well aren’t you a doll, he thought, already contemplating methods to get his way, though she did not seem to be that hard to get. Of course, he knew better than many other men that such an impression often was only exactly that, an impression, but she seemed interested enough. Maybe later… when there was nothing else to do… He tasted that thought for a while and decided that he quite liked it. It was always good to have options, wasn’t it?

“I go by the name of Del’ure,” he replied softly as he took her hand into his, suggestively caressing his thumb over her hand as he did so, before he slid his hand out of hers again. “Well, yes, getting to know each other better certainly sounds interesting,” he added with a wink towards Ardere before turning to the goblin, who was now grumpily sitting on the ground. “After all, at least a name already helps when you’re going to work together.” He did not quite understand why the goblin had suddenly seated himself in what could only be described as a defiant gesture but then again, he had not paid a lot of attention, only now realising that the dragon and the other person had disappeared towards the inn he had pointed out. Oh, that’s not good, he scolded himself, I will have to pay better attention to my surroundings when she’s around. He was a little intrigued that she had actually managed to make him forget about the fact that a dragon had been standing next to him, but then again, if the creature had decided to attack him, there would certainly have been plenty enough time to defend himself if necessary. Though he made a mental note to be a little more careful around Ardere.

Ardere’s suggestion at waiting for daylight to go out on a hand was not that bad an idea, but in Del’ure’s experience petty thieves and other villainous creatures usually came out at night, so they might do good to scout the streets a little while for anything suspicious. So as he was just about to open his mouth to reply to her, she had already turned around, not before glancing at him once more, which he of course noted, and disappeared into the growing dark. With a confused look as to her sudden decision to vanish, he turned back to the goblin: “What do you think? Wait for tomorrow or do some hunting in the night time?” He was fairly certain that if anything the goblin had said was true, the latter knew as well as he did that they might stand a chance of observing something in the hours of darkness. However, he also wanted to follow her, if only because he knew she had enacted this whole scene to get them to do exactly that. Women were so much more predictable sometimes than they thought. In addition, there was the fact of the human with the dragon he had just sent into the inn. He had already earlier wondered what the heck that other dragon was doing inside the inn, and now that the others had gone in search of it, he was rather curious as to know why or what they were doing. “Ardere? Dragon? Or wait for someone to return here?” he enumerated their options, wondering what the goblin was planning on doing, though his being seated already hinted towards the last alternative.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 pm

Kagan stared at the woman's offered hand, then grasped it tightly and shook once. "Kagan." He replied, knowing that she probably wouldn't remember it anyways. What was this!? Why was the satyr, pardon, Ardere, leaving just as soon as the sun set, when practically everyone knew that the theif only struck at night!? And it was obvious that, if she wanted one of them to follow her, she wanted him, that inhuman prettyboy. And if he took her bait, which Kagan was fairly sure he would, that would leave Kagan right where he started: alone. Talk about low work ethic. Ah well He thought solomly. It's not as if I liked either of them. But still, it might have been nice to have some partners who would let him keep all of the money...

Kagan looked up to De'lure with a grim look, a stare that said do you really have to ask that? "If we waited, th'only thing we'd gain is a robbed store where we might, might, find some clues. Or we could catch the theif tonight and be done." And personally, Kagan didn't want to waste any time, even though he had nothing else that he had to do instead. "But if you want to go after her like a dog, go right ahead." He added, pushing himself up. "I had the feeling that you wereen't a working man. Just go after her, unless you find some other girl, that is." Oh no, chances are he'd want them both.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:49 am

While Del’ure kept reconsidering the strange appearance of the dragon in the inn and the second one going in after the first one now, he couldn’t help but wonder what drove them into the city in the first place, not to mention the fact that the inn could be described as relatively shabby. Del’ure looked back at Kagan however as the goblin reacted to his questions. A mischievous grin spread across his face at the latter’s words and he could not deny that he was definitely toying with the idea of going after Ardere, it would promise for a quite interesting time. However: “Oh don’t worry, my friend,” he knew that adding this would probably earn him another dirty look, “I couldn’t leave you on your own now.” Truth was that he was in dire need of some adventure, some action, which was not the kind of action Ardere could provide, though the horizontal sports had come a little short lately as well, something which definitely had to be remedied, but some other time. “Fine then, let’s go find us a store or something we can have a look at. Either a robbed one or a soon-to-be robbed one. Anything that could give us a hint.” Letting his eyes take in the poster again, it annoyed him a little that there was no mention of which stores had already been robbed, but on the other hand, everyone around here probably knew, apart from those that were new in town and those that did not care, both of those options kind of fitting to him. He wasn’t around this place a lot, travelling from time to time to do whatever it was he did and he did not really care about what was going on in any of the places he lingered in. A few excpetions obviously confirming this rule. There was the odd creature he met that he cared about, as much as you could call it care, when he needed them to get what he was after. Though none of that matter for what was about to be done now. Focusing back on Kagan, he added: “I’ll let you lead the way, I’m sure you are much more sure about where to go than I am. After all.. I’m just here for decoration,” giving the goblin a smug smile at this last bit, if only to piss him off.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 11:49 pm

All sorts seem to be after this thief, it will be a merry chase I think. Faust pauses at on the few jewelry stores and eyed the items within the window. A smile creeps across his lips as an idea began to brew. Maybe the pot needs to be stirred a little bit in order for the thief to show himself to me. Looking down the street he spots a small inn nearby and figure the rest of his plan out before he acts on it. The city was beginning to darken with the setting of the sun soon it would be time for the thief to begin his or her work again. Faust needed to hit the store before the thief did.

Within the inn Faust asks the proprietor for a place to stay. Digging in his pockets for the needed coin he slides it on the scarred and stained bar top. The portly man scoops it up and without counting it sticks it in a equally scarred and stained leather pouch at his hip. The man glances over Faust before fishing for the room key. Taking the proffered key Faust heads for his room. There where things he needed to do before he returned to the streets.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:21 pm

As Jackdaww waited for the next move to be played, his mind wandered back to the leaflet he had seen outside. As if reading his thoughts, Measle nudged his pocket, right beside the glittering pommel of his sword. Of course! Part of the leaflet was still in there! He took it out and began to read.

Being raised in the High Court had meant that Jackdaww had been taught to read at a very young age, and had no problem with the hand-written script of the paper. He told himself that he would definitely look for this thief – if for no other reason then to just entertain himself and Measle’s bloodthirsty streak.

“Jack, it’s not a good plan. You don’t know what you’re letting yourself in for. Don’t go after them.” Measle grumbled at him, shaking his crested head and letting the candlelight glitter from his purple spines. He looked at the other dragon too, but still tried to show no particular interest. Inside however, he was incredibly curious. He hadn’t really met another dragon before, and the appearance of this black and white dragon in the bar was rather interesting. He was sure something must be going on, but since he had no idea what, he decided to go back to his brooding. He curled up at Jackdaww’s feet like a cat - his wings opened over his back like a blanket and watched the feet of the other man and dragon.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Kagan glared at De'lure. No sugar coating, no reason other than that man's smug little attitude. Oh, as soon as this job is over I'l beat him 'till I hurt. He thought darkly, resting his hand on his dagger's hilt. But not now. Right now he's actually worth Something. Kagan turned on his heel and began walking, looking over his shoulder at the odd man long enough to yell "Coming, prettyboy?"

Kaganl led De'lure along a winding course that took them closer and closer to the center of the city. Along the way, he would occasionally point down a passing street, from which you could see the ruined stonework and/or ashes of a ruined building. "Assailant attacks at dark, when most legal business closes down. Everything worth anything that isn't nailed down is gone, everything else is burned. Obviously, this guy is trying to make some point." He said, putting all of the information he knew about the criminal into a proverbial nutshell. At the end of Kagan's trail was a fairly high-class jewelry store, some of the more dazzling jewelry sparkling through the windows. Kagan spun on his heels and faced Del'lure, chin up and hands behind his back in a scholarly way. "From what I cal tell, he goes after every jewelry store in every section of the city, going from lower, then middle, then first class. This," He gestured to the building, "is one of the last jewelry stores in the middle class, most likely his next target. So all we can do is wait."

Gah, midday is so boring. The hooded figure thought, watching the card game and it's players from the corner, where he sat nursing his drink in his hands. I bet they don't even suspect that I'm here, under their very noses. He let a quick grin flash across his face, teeth dissapearing just as soon as he showed them. No matter, it's not like they could catch me anyways, not with this. He felt the weight of his treasure against his chest, a feeling that had become an almost calming sensation over the weeks. He let his eyes trail to the windows, showing a grin again as he saw that the sun had gone down. Not long now. He took a long drink, then leaned back in his chair, pulling his hood further down his face to hide his give away. Not long now.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm

The demon was curious as to why the goblin was so grumpy, but then again, he was a goblin was he not? It was supposedly part of their nature to be a little shrewd, which made teasing them all the more fun in his opinion. As the goblin stared at him over his shoulder, he was fairly certain he was considering ways of making him hurt, but Del’ure only kept his smile on his face, not even flinching when he was yelled at. Obediently, he then followed Kagan, who seemed to know exactly where they should be going.

“See, now that is something they could have put on the poster,” Del’ure grunted as he took a look at the various buildings Kagan pointed out to him along the way. It would have been useful to have put down a few traits of the criminal, especially when they were no secret such as burned down buildings. Ignoring the goblin’s scholarly manner, though as soon as he had turned his back on Kagan, he let a grin slip, the demon stepped closer to the window. “Some nice stuff,” he mused, contemplating the store’s outlay, fairly certain that if he had not agreed to catch the thief, he would venture a go at this store himself, though he usually didn’t do such without being asked to do so – for a monetary reward of course. “Hmm, too easy to get in and out of this place,” he then stated. “As far as I can see from here, there’s three possible ways to enter. Apart from the obvious front and back door, there’s also a side-door, though I cannot quite make out where that is leading to, which gives us three places we should watch, unless they also have a chimney hidden somewhere I cannot see.” The demon paced around the window, trying to get a clearer view still of the inside. Turning back to Kagan, he asked: “Now, what’s your masterplan?”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

Nobody had paid much attention to Yarri and the dragons, so the three of them quietly followed Kagan and Del'ure. The card dragons were thinking hard, trying to track some information down, but they kept hitting blanks. After a few minutes, Rokam twitched all over and Jaden flinched slightly.
What's wrong? thought Yarri, projecting to Rokam.
We can't see the future of this person... It's like getting burnt. Rokam paused, listening to something Jaden was saying. 'We're gonna try looking at the jewellery shops instead,' he informed Yarri before closing his mind. The dragons experienced no more burning pain, but they couldn't get anything about theft on the shops. Eventually, Rokam turned to Yarri.
'It's not going,' he whispered out loud. She grimaced and looked back at Kagan and Del-ure having their practical talk.

Rokam shifted uneasily as Yarri stood patiently watching. While she was a lot less calm than Terraea, Rokam would still always get bored far before her. Jaden was worse than Terraea, though when he got angry he did let it fly. To be honest, Rokam would be a lot happier spending his days with Ellias at the cards table, or just living in general. They were far better suited to each other than he and Yarri. He didn't even really know how he'd ended up with her father riding him in the past. Rokam always wanted to be on the move. Now, he glanced furtively at Yarri and then slowly began to edge the other way as she walked behind the other bipeds. The Nightling was engaged in a serious conversation with Jaden, and Rokam managed to dart down a side street. From there, he began to trot back towards the inn. He wasn't letting Yarri boss him around any longer.

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm

"Master plan?" Kagan echoed, staring at De'lure with a face that said 'did you really ask that?' Abandoning his refined pose and slouching over, he explained his meticulous and well thought-out plan. "It's simple. We just wait inside for him." Kagan lifted his hand to his head as he said this, and began digging for ear-gold with his pinky, then brought it to his nose and sniffed. Mm, could smell better. "We shuold probably avoid the windows though. Maybe hide under the counter, I don't know. Unless, that is..." Kagan flicked his pize onto the street, looking up to De'lure with obvious distaste. "You think that this would be too complicated for you, in which case you could just go find some gixie to spend the night with. I could lend you the money if you want."

"Well, seems about time." The cloaked man mumbled, pushing himself up and leaving a silver coin on the table. Hey, he may be a criminal, but he did have some standards. So without another word, he left the inn and walked with no appearant reason, but with the confidence of someone who knew the streets like the back of his hand. Confident that his subconcience would take him in the right direction, he let himself zone out into thought. You know, that litle number at the edge of the middle district dos pretty well, maybe I shoul pay them a visi- and with that, his thoughts were cut short as he bumped into a relatively small dragon, looking up with a start and cursed, regaining his composure and turning to the beast. "Pardon, I wasn't looking."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

The demon raised an eyebrow at the goblin. He seemed to be serious enough about waiting inside for the thief, and Del’ure had to admit, it was not such a bad idea. Nodding along, Del’ure tried to ignore Kagan’s fiddling with pinkies and ears, trying not to comment on it so as not to set the goblin off on another rant. He had had about enough of those for now. It was time to get to work at this moment in time, which was far more important than getting a rise out of someone else. However, he could not help frowning a little, trying to store that image away into the nethers of his brain where he would never ever think about it again. He watched Kagan flick whatever he had found in his ear away into the street and returned the goblin’s pleasant stare with a level one of his own, refraining from giving the latter yet another of his crooked grins.

Though that inkling quickly vanished at the goblin’s words and his face did widen into a grin. “How very generous of you!” he exclaimed in a fake delighted tone. “And here I was, thinking goblins were so stingy and self-absorbed they’d never even consider someone else’s feelings, let alone their needs.” Winking at the goblin in an almost seducing manner, the demon turned towards the front door of the shop and after only a short while off fiddling with the lock had already picked it without a scratch whatsoever. Holding it open in a gentlemanly fashion for Kagan, he bowed slightly and waved his hand from Kagan to the inside of the shop. “After you, boss.”
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Kagan stared in disbelief at the man, eye twitching from his lack of respect. Kagan eyed him until the man unlocked the door, then strode inside with a look over his shoulder at De'lure. "You sicken me."

Inside, it was about the same as any other jewelry store: counters lining the walls, covered with baubels and trinkets that were probably much less real than they were claimed to be, all hiden under locked panes of glass. Kagan surveyed the jewelry for a while, eyebrow raised, then took a step back and faced De'lure. "Don't get any ideas. We're here to solve the problem, not cause another one." He gestured to the shops counter with his thumb, then walked to it. "I'm hiding here, you... dissapear, or something."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:48 am

“Thank you, I’ll take that as a compliment,” Del’ure managed to say in between snorts of laughter as he followed the goblin into the shop, carefully closing the door behind them, though not bothering to lock it. He was fairly certain the thief would not barge in the front door anyways. When he turned away from the door intending to let his eyes wander around the shop and especially the jewelery, he was faced with a quite sour-looking Kagan. “I have to admit, I am very tempted,” Del’ure flashed his teeth at the goblin, knowing full well it was going to hit yet another nerve, before he continued: “But don’t worry, I know how to separate work from pleasure.” His eyes were taking in the details of the shop, nothing striking him in particular however, it was quite simply a rather plain room with the typical attires. The jewels however…

Kagan’s voiced snapped him out of his reverie all of a sudden and he grunted: “What?” The demon threw an innocent look at the goblin. “Do you think I can just snap my fingers and poof in a pink cloud?” Shaking his head, he looked around the shop once more, trying not to let the attractive glimmer of the many accessories lure him into slipping something into his pocket after all. There wasn’t much space for proper hiding and Del’ure was in no way interesting in using demonic powers for anything, especially when he did not know what kind of creature the thief was, thus he figured he might as well try and squish into a corner between two exposition tables and hope that it would be hiding enough. His dark clothes should hopefully do the trick within the dark corners of the shop. When he was finally settled after a bit of a fight with an extraordinarily huge diamond that desperately sought Del’ure’s attention, the demon was sitting stock-still in his corner. They could do nothing but wait now. Wait, and hope that they would be lucky.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Jackdaww tapped his foot impatiently, and called to a barmaid for another mug of ale. As the drink was set down in front of him, he pulled out the payment for the ale, and three more coppers. “I’ll raise my bet, then, to 5 copper – Ow!” he spluttered, spilling a drop of his drink as he cried out softy. Measle’s head poked up from under the table, where he had been lying, and he glared at Jackdaww. “We need that cash, don’t be gambling it all.” He muttered, before lying down again. The bite had done the trick – Jackdaww didn’t raise his bet again that round, but was considering higher stakes in the next try. After laying to money on the table in front of him, and trying to avoid the deep groves in the wood, he took a huge gulp of the watery ale, and slouched back on the bar stool.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:02 am

Faust returns to the common room to listen to the rumors that would drift in with each person and tankard. Sitting int he corner in the shadows that seem to hover around him Faust watches the comings and goings. Glancing over at the window he watches the last golden rays of the sun set behind the city walls. With a smile he rises places a few coins on the table and leaves the inn.

With hands tucked into his pocket Faust winds his way through the streets letting the night cover him more in darkness as he drifts from on district to district till her found himself entering the middle call district and looking up he sees the last remaining jewelry store there. With a leap he jumps to the roof. Looking around below him to make sure no one had spotted him he leaps to an adjacent roof that was higher then the one he just left. Sitting down beside a stone gargoyle he waits for the night to take a firmer hold on the city. Sitting int he deep shadows he pulls them firmly onto him like a blanket as he watches the night waken.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief   (New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(New gold Roleplay!) Snatch-A-Thief
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next