Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:41 pm

She looked away as Armeno looked closely at her shoulder, not used to being so close to other people- She had spent so much time on her own lately, it was strange.
“Fine, fine.” She slid her hand back over her shoulder, her fingers sticking to the fabric, and slipped her feet out of the stirrups, then swung one leg over the saddle. Taking a breath- The judder as she landed was going to hurt- she slid down the side of the saddle to the ground, her green cloak bunching around her, apart from where it pressed unnaturally against the fletching of the arrow. She bent her knees as she hit the ground, but still winced as her shoulder jarred. Tamarisk stood still behind her, trained over the years to stand when she dismounted. She leaned back against the horse’s leg for a moment, hidden from Armeno, then turned and looked around the front of the leopard spot horse.
“Let’s get this thing out of me then eh?”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Armeno stepped back as Static slid off, then waited patiently as she was out of his sight. When she turned and talked to him, he stepped quickly round and looked at the arrow. Then he took hold of it and pulled and twisted hard at the same time. He always kept an arrow or two without triangular arrowheadsm just a point, for practice. They came out far more easily and could be reused. it was painful, but not as much as it would have been with a normal arrow. He then quickly pressed on the wound to stop too much blood escaping and focused on the hole pressing back together, from the bottom upwards. Once he had made the mistake of starting with the skin, trapping an air bubble underneath (EWWWWW!) and having to reopen the wound and start over. It had been a bad experience, but he had learnt from his mistake. He felt the normal rush of satisfaction and energy loss as the skin melded shut and darkened where the hole had been.
'Not sure it it'll scar. I didn't put too much force in. But it should be fine to use pretty much normally now. Sorry about your shirt- but blood won't stain black anyway.' Armeno stretched and got up, back to Veloxpes.
'I daresay we could both use some food after our magic,' he said, withdrawing two bread rolls from the saddlebags and then sitting back down on another rock opposite her. He passed one to Static, took out a waterskin, and began to eat his food after a long drink.
'So,' he said, looking at Static. 'What brought you out here? Because I have to say... It's not the sort of place you expect to meet another fighter.' He took in her appearance once more. With the bloodstained cloak, ripped shirt and dark scar, and indeed her general appearance, she did look very much like a fighter. And Armeno knew what those hands could do; why the cloak was emerald-green anyway.

Last edited by Artemis on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm

When Armeno took hold of the arrow, giving it a sharp tug, Static flinched, her hand flying to Tamarisk’s mane. She held on tightly, trying not to cry out- Pain flared across her shoulder with every twist. She bit her lip. Static felt pressure release in her shoulder as the arrow came free, then Armeno’s warm hand press against her skin. She didn’t look, still gripping Tamarisk’s mane with her hand as a strange pulling sensation came over her shoulder, deep to begin with, then closer and closer to the skin.

When Armeno spoke again, she finally looked up, her hand releasing from her horse and drifting up to her shoulder- it shook slightly as she felt where the arrow had been, but was now gone. Pulling open the hole that had been caused, she looked down in surprise- her skin was a little darker, but that was all!
“Thank you.” She mumbled under her breath, moving her shoulder experimentally. There was nothing like the pain before, just a dull ache deep in her bone, and a dark bloodstain across her shirt and cloak. As Armeno spoke again, she looked up, taking the roll in her clean hand. The other was still bloody, and she quickly stepped over to the waves lapping against the sandy shore, rubbing her hand in the water before rubbing it dry on her cloak- it already needed a wash now, and a bit of extra seawater wouldn’t do any harm.

Instead of remounting Tamarisk again, Static took hold of the leopard horse’s reins and pulled them over his head, sitting down on the sand and taking a bite of the bread, breaking it into pieces.
“Just… Wandering around, y’know?” She started slowly, looking down at the bread in her hands. She gave a wry smile. “You end up in funny places looking for work.” She posted another piece of bread into her mouth, chewing to shut herself up.
“How’d you end up ‘ere?”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:13 pm

Armeno nodded at Static's reply. He knew the feeling all too well; the same had happened to him.
'Much the same, I suppose,' he replied in between mouthfuls of bread. 'I take work fighting, and if I find a cause I like I stick to it and see it through. But I haven't found any work for a while now. I was thinking of heading to a city perhaps...' He finished his bread and took another long drink, looking out at the sea which Static had rinsed her hand in. Surely it hadn't been so far in earlier... In fact, there was very little room around the mouth of the cave they sat by. He scanned the beach around them. The area they were on was a little higher than most ground; the rest was already covered with a thin layer of water. Had the tide really come in so fast? They hadn't talked a lot as they had eaten, but it couldn't have been so long since he skimemd that stone, and there was plenty of beach then. Glancing up at the sun, he realised far more time had passed than he had realised.
'Tide's in,' he said, rising fluidly to his feet. 'We'd better move or leave if we don't want wet feet.' He glanced at Static. 'Your choice.' Velox's ears pricked as his owner stood, alert in case they were soon on the move again.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:39 pm

“Racksom?” She asked. She had been thinking of heading for the city too, she had heard there were blacksmiths there, and she would be able to get a new sword before maybe heading back to Quinsilla, her home town. She finished off the bread, and would have taken a drink like the elf did, but her saddlebags were away across the other side of the beach, tucked underneath the trees closest to the sand, and there were now waves lapping between them, and that was where her water flask was.

She scrambled to her feet, the sand underneath her toes squelching moistly. Tamarisk shuffled backwards as his reins slackened, tossing his head as the drier sand slipped around his hooves.
“Well, nice as it is here, I don’t really want to spend the next few hours with that broken starfish in there.” She threw a thumb over her shoulder, gesturing into the depths of the cave behind them that she had explored earlier before flicking Tamarisk’s reins over his head again and mounting the stallion.
“Gotta pick up my saddlebags first.” Static clicked her horse into moving off over the sand, splashing into the low water brought into the tide. She figured that Armeno would follow her- He seemed pretty relaxed to just go with the flow of the day.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:28 pm

Armeno considered Static's suggestion as she ate the last of her bread. It was a couple of day's journey to Racksom by horse from where they were, and the huge city was likely to give them employment. Armeno strodee over to Velox as Static stood, smiling a little at her comment about the starfish. He adjusted the girth a little before swinging onto his saddle. The horse pranced and snickered as he went into the waves, but soon settled down and seemed to enjoy the gentle swell around his hooves. The sand was firmer than the dry sand, but still squishy, and a small noise came whenever Velox lifted his hooves.
'So,' he said, squinting at the sky to try and see if there'd be rain. 'To Racksom? It'll take us a few days.' Armeno dismounted high up the beach, where it was still dry, and produced another pack from behind a rock. He slung it over his shoulder and remounted.
'I have everything I'll need, and some extra supplies. Are you ready to go?' He looked at Static, assuming that they were going ahead to Racksom.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah, Racksom.” She hadn’t been there in a while, although she was sure it hadn’t taken her as long as that last time she had made her way to the city. She must wandered more out of the way than she had thought. She held Tamarisk steady as the leaner Arabian pranced, his feathery legs pulling and swaying with the movements of the tide. A kind of irony came over her as the elf looked up at the sky for rain- There would be no storm at least over the next week, that sort of thing she could feel for days off- The building tension in the air made her electricity crackle and distort with every summoning.

Static too retrieved her pack, noting that the leaves she had pulled over the bulging saddlebags had been scattered. Nothing escaped Armeno, did it? She lifted them in her arms and dumped them ontop of her saddle, pushing them to fit snugly behind. The leopard horse shifted on his feet as he felt the weight, and knew they were to be off travelling again. A small pull in her shoulder reminded Static of the arrow, but she ignored it as she remounted and spurred the stallion off into the forests.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Armeno too gave Veloxpes the aids to go. The horse broke into a steady canter once he had caught up with Tamarisk. Armeno soon relaxed as the rhythmic rock of the horse's stride carried him along. Glancing over at Static, he saw her hair streaming behind her like a banner. Armeno's own hair was ruffled in the wind from their movement, revealing his ears, which were alert for noises in the forest. Veloxpes was enjoying the run, getting to stretch his muscles; he liked being ridden in fights, but he enjoyed this sort of riding more. Suddenly, Velox's ear flicked to the side and he slowed a little. Armeno's head snapped to look in the same direction instantly. He couldn't see anything for a few moments, then he saw a slight ripple in the bushes. Squinting into the gloom, he drew up Velox, who was tossing his head nervously. The whites of the horse's eyes showed and he was frothing a little at the mouth. Armeno knew the horse was likely to be right about the danger. He slipped off the animal's back and continued to stare hard at the bushes. Suddenly, he heard a noise behind him, and whirled- too late. A paw slashed at him, opening three gashes along his cheek. It only narrowly missed his eye. His assailant landed back on the ground, and its companions joined it. About ten saber-toothed tigers soon surrounded them. Armeno ignored the burning pain on his face and drew his sword in time to deflect a large set of fangs making for him.
'Static, we're pretty much surrounded,' he said as the predators formed a circle around them and began to pace in a ring. 'How many can you take down without exhausting yourself?' He took advantage of the fact that the animals weren't currently attacking to slip his bow down his arm and nock an arrow on. His eyes flickered from one beast to the next, trying to watch them all at once. He, Static and their horses were already close together in a knot, with the tigers stalking around them. Veloxpes was frantic, and looked on the verge of bolting.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Static kept Tamarisk at a steady speed, the track they were following though the trees wide enough for the two horses almost side by side, albeit close together. A few strands of hair blew in her face and she flicked them out of the way, her guard down a little. The forest was cool, the sun blocked by the canopy of leaves above them, letting down the odd ray here and there, but otherwise the ground was shadowed.

She heard Velox’s hooves slow behind her, and her stallion slowed instinctively, sticking with his new equine companion. Static was tempted to leave the elf behind, but something stopped her.
“What’s wrong?” She asked, following his gaze as he dismounted and looked into the dark of the forest. Veloxpes looked distinctly unnerved, and now that she had stopped, Tam had become disquiet, shuffling on the spot and stamping his feet. A tiger leapt from the bushes onto the path and Tam shied, going to rear before Static controlled him, spinning him away from the tiger, out of view.

Static wished her scimitar back again, not for the first time that day, as the tigers started to form a circle around them, their pale creamy coats blending in strangely with the green of the trees. They had seemed to come from nowhere… But they were real, there was blood dripping from Armeno’s cheek.
“I can take most of them.” She said, dismounting rapidly, her eyes on the closest tigers, a drooling brute and a crouching, lean female. She held her hands out experimentally, feeling more electricity leap to the ends of her fingers- It was easy with the practise from earlier. Sparks jumped across the gap between her hands before she sent out a short wave of shock, throwing it outwards at the tigers directly in front of her.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Armeno smiled grimly.
'Suddenly I feel very glad we had that practice earlier,' he said. He swung his bow up to his shoulder, pulled back on the string and released the arrow. It pierced the side of a tiger, causing it to fall with a wail. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Static shoot electricity at a couple of the animals. One advanced on Armeno, and he swung out at it with his sword. It lunged for his arm, but he evaded it and rammed Levitas through its heart from the side. He glanced back at Static briefly before continuing to battle away the predators, using both arrows and sword.

Ooc: If you want, you can say Armeno downed a couple more and so did Static and they're all taken care of; I don't mind at all.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Static felt the steady drain of electricity as she dragged her arms around, directing a long set of waves at the sabres in front of her. They were blasted backwards yelping, one flying back against a tree trunk with a sickening crack, then limply onto the ground. Another, seeing its dead comrade, started to flee, but Static struck it down with a well aimed blast.

She saw Armeno glance at her a couple of times, but she focussed on the sabres until they were all gone, either shrieking with their ears back against their skulls, or lying inert on the forest floor. Then she turned back to Tamarisk, who was still nervously stamping and shifting on his hooves, lying a hand along his nose to calm him. She took his reins in one hand, then walked over to the nearest body, nudging at it with a toe. Its head lolled limply, its face still twisted into a look of fear and pain. Even as she looked, its markings seemed to fade, the tiger becoming… Unreal, somehow. She bent down to look closer.
“Something’s wrong…” She said quietly to herself, starting a hand out to touch a fang, the rough fur.

((Dun dun duuuuun! A plot has suddenly come to me!))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Armeno smiled as the last tiger fell, then surveyed the corpses and injured animals. There were eleven in all, lying scattered about the area. But as he examined them, they started to change. Somehow, they looked fake. HE spun to look at Static, who appeared real as ever. So did the horses, and the scenery- but Static too was staring at the tigers. He somehow felt strongly in agreement with her statement.
'I would be inclined to agree with that particular notion,' he said, still frowning down at the bizarre predators.

Ooc: Rogue, you have surpassed yourself- a plot and no pigs on the moon. PM me if you read this and I'm not on? *wants to know plot*
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

Static reached out to stroke her fingers along the closest tooth, but as they came to the place where it should have been, she felt nothing, just air. She frowned as her fingers passed through the tooth, disappearing as her hand moved over it. She tried to touch its fur, but that too was nothing- As she covered more of the tiger, it disappeared, until it was completely gone. Instead a dead weasel lay in front of her, a snarl still on its lean face.

She leaned back on her heels, still frowning. How could a huge sabre toothed tiger turn into a weasel? This was definitely real, when she reached out to touch it, the fur bent under her hand, still warm. She looked up to peer at the other bodies under the trees, which also seemed to have shrunk now there were no eyes watching them.
“Magic.” She decided, rising to her full height again. The weasel’s hide was worth nothing.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Armeno stared as all the saber-toothed tigers slowly morphed into regular wood-dwelling animals- squirrels and the like. None of them were worth anything, and he sighed. He could've got away with no more work for a while off just a few of those tiger corpses. But, of course, then main issue was how. He had noticed Static's finger passing through the fang, it was obviously not really there. At that moment, Static voiced the same conclusion Armeno had come to.
'It must be. I don't see why anyone would bother doing this, though. Perhaps we'll be able to find some signs of where they've gone?' He walked over to the bushes the first tiger had erupted from, and sure enough a few footprints were imprinted in the slightly muddy soil. It had rained the day before, and Armeno was now thankful for that. He was no great tracker, but he knew the basics, and he followed the footprints out of the mud.
'They're quite small, maybe a child? That seems unlikely... We should look for more footprints, or disturbances like broken plants.' He whistled, and Veloxpes trotted over. 'Stay within earshot; if there's somebody who means us harm otu here its best not to get too seperated.' He continued to scour the ground for any clues.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Static took hold of Tamarisk’s reins further up as the horse calmed, seeing that the threat had gone. She lead him over to where Armeno was inspecting the ground, a few of the sabre’s prints left behind in the mush of undergrowth, but on top of them was something even more peculiar- Tiny human footprints.
“The child’s footprints are on top of the tiger’s, look here.” She pointed to where they overlapped. “It mustn’t have got far.” She started to follow the footprints, searching the muddy ground for the next print that lead away from the path. They were few and far between, and at the points where the canopy cleared a little, and the ground was squishy with the rain, there were long gaps between each footprint- It was obvious that whoever it was, they were running.

Sabre tooth footprints dotted the ground here and there too, and faint outlines of scuffles where the beasts had fallen, unused to their new shapes. They led away from the path through the trees, meandering along an invisible path unknown to all but who trod it. Behind her, she heard Armeno crunching through the undergrowth, following a trail of his own.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Armeno continued along the irregular path of the sparse footprints, and eventually something came into sight. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it.
A huge pink cloud sat in front of him, occasionally bobbing a few feet up in the air. As he drew nearer, a heavy scent filled the air. It was sweet, cloying, and vaguely reminiscent of strawberries.
'Static?' he called warily. 'I found something...' coming a little closer, he saw that there were several large holes and what seemed to be a tunnel network. He caught a brief glimpse of a small child running along stuffing her face from the cloud, pursued by a brown dragon, before they turned out of sight. It was the oddest thing he had ever seen, as it seemed to be edible. He cautiously touched the cloud and licked his finger. Frowning, he repeated the action. Where his damp finger touched the cloud, a tiny bit of it dissolved, before reforming. Magic, then, strongly. He turned to wait for Static; he had no idea what to make of the thing.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:48 pm

The footprints that Static had been following suddenly tailed off into nothingness… Must have been some sort of trick, as there was nothing more to be seen anywhere around. She pinched the bridge of her nose in irritation, then looked up to where Armeno had called through the trees. She couldn’t see him, so followed his voice until she found him… And some sort of huge pink thing. There were no words to explain it, it was so… Weird.
“What the heck is that?” Static couldn’t keep the surprise out of her voice as she was greeted with the sight of a huge wall of pink, which, even as she watched, rose into the air. She walked slowly up to it, wrinkling her nose in confusion as the smell of strawberries hit her. When she met with Armeno, she poked the floating thing experimentally. It enveloped her finger and part of her hand, until she pulled it out quickly, expecting something nasty to happen. Nothing did happen, it just went back to the normal shape, and her hand was left uncomfortably sticky. She wiped it on her cloak, some of the fibres sticking.

“Bit different to enchanted animals.” She said, starting into the tunnel that was cut through the floating mass. Tamarisk shied away from it as she drew him close, the horse dancing away from the candy treat. He seemed more skittish of this than the magical sabre toothed tigers from before.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Armeno nodded slowly.
'Very different. But it's obviously enchanted, whatever it is. I think we'd better go inside. We need to talk to this mage, and see what they want.' His expression changed to one of distaste as he pulled himself into the nearest tunnel. The cloud was dense enough to take his weight, though it did leave quite a deep footprint. His hands were sticky, and faintly pink.
'I haven't the faintest idea what this stuff is,' he said disgustedly. 'But it's absolutely foul.' He glanced out at Velox, and spoke softly to the horse, who was looking extremely unnerved.
'Come in with us, or wait there for me,' he said. Velox whinnied, pawed the ground indecisively, then finally bunched his hindquarters and sprang into the cloud. His hooves made four extremely deep furrows, but they filled up with more of the cloud, pushing him onto the surface. Armeno took a step forwards, and noticed that the ground had hardened considerably. Presumably it was enchanted to do this whenever anyone walked on it. He turned around again and waited to see if Static would get Tamarisk in too.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:14 pm

More like see why they were trying to kill anyone coming back from the beach. Static thought wryly, remembering the sabres. What sort of prize could you get from letting a pack of giant cats rip apart anything of value?

She turned her back to the bulk of the pink thing, tugging at Tam’s reins more urgently now. He was protesting more than he had before, and it was irritating when Velox had already taken the jump onto the solid. She backed up, her feet squishing as she stepped onto the candyfloss too, covering over her boots before springing away and hardening beneath her weight. It was like walking on some sort of soft bed, but without any springs…

Tam still protested as Static walked backwards into the tunnel, his reins sliding through her fingers as she got further and further away, until she stood next to Armeno, and near Velox’s head. Tam pranced, his ears back, but seeing his new equine friend safe in the tunnel, he tested a hoof, ears back, but with less protesting than before. She finally managed to coax him into the tunnel properly, leading him forwards all the time- If they stopped, it was possible he wouldn’t move again.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Armeno watched as the stubborn horse resisted Static, then turned back again as he finally stepped in. He grabbed Velox's reins and began to move along the tunnel, quickly catching up to Static and Tamarisk.
'Ok, then,' he said. 'We need to find this mage quickly. I have a feeling there isn't much we can do to resist them while we're in this cloud, and they seem to have powerful magic.' But as he spoke, the tunnel ahead of them filled with the pink substance, and another tunnel opened in another direction. There was no way to get back to where they had been headed, Armeno discovered as he tried to punch through the wall. It left a dent which soon filled itself.
'We're at a huge disadvantage here- we have to go where they want us to,' growled Armeno, storming along the new tunnel. 'I see absolutely no point in what they're doing. Why they'd want to kill us when they're just a child... this ridiculous cloud... And how did they get such strong powers?' He continued to rage to himself as he stalked along the corridor at the same speed as a fast jog for a human. He tended to show his slightly higher physical power more when he was infuriated; it was useful in battle, too.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Static didn’t reply as Armeno started to witter, knowing he would only continue if she made any comment. It had happened before, and she had no wish for it to happen again. Anyway, it was hard enough getting Tam to keep moving. And now the tunnel was closing off in front of them. Great, that was just bloody great. She came to a halt, and Tam immediately started to snort and shy again, uncomfortable in the pressing pink gloom.

Behind her, she heard a dull wham! as Armeno punched the wall. She gave a sigh- The elf was easily frustrated. As he stormed down the new tunnel that had formed, she followed slightly slower, coaxing Tam along with an apple she produced from one of his saddlebags. Armeno certainly could move fast when he was angry, leaving them a way behind even within a few strides. Static kept going at her own pace, knowing that the tunnel would eventually take them both to the same place- But it seemed, not quickly enough for the giant pink mass, which started to close behind them, tightening the gap left behind until it was crushing in on Tam’s back legs and tail.

The knabstrupper gave a snort of fear, bouncing forwards into a canter to free himself from the candy, and almost wrenching his reins from Static’s grasp. She was jerked along as he continued to canter, his strides small and bouncing as he tried to escape from the small space. The candy kept encroaching, and Static ran after the horse.
“Quickly, it didn’t like that! Space getting smaller!”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Armeno slowed as he realised Static and Tamarisk were getting left behind. But he soon had cause to speed up again as the pinkness began to close behind them and Tamarisk broke into canter. He swung onto Velox, who was also panicking, though largely due to Tam's reaction. Armeno pulled Static up into Tam's saddle, rather than let her be dragged along. The tunnel closing kept pace with them, and they were going pretty fast. It wasn't long before it was too dark to see much, and they emerged into a large cavern which was lit by a few candles. Presumably, they were near the centre of the cloud.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:45 am

Static got further behind Tam's head as the horse bucked away from the pink mass that was closing in on them, trying to slow the horse now they were out of immediate danger, but he was having none of it. She saw Armeno leap onto Velox, who was looking distinctly nervous, then felt a strong arm around hers as the elf dragged her up onto Tamarisk when they passed. She scrambled to get a hold on the saddle, then twisted herself into a sitting position, steering the stallion with her legs, his reins twisted uselessly down one side of his neck, but not over the other. It was a good thing she was a fair rider- One less experienced would have fallen in a trice.

The little light left in the tunnel died as the candyfloss closed in on their tails, shutting out any light that might have come through from the sun outside the thing, and leaving them in darkness for a moment, before a few flickering lights appeared in front of them and a cavern appeared, candles gusting in the wind from their plight. Tam leapt from the tunnel with a whinny, and Static glanced behind her to see where the tunnel had been was now just another part of the wall, pulsing nauseatingly before solidifying like the wall all around. There was no more escape from the cavern, and nobody other than them.

Static tugged on Tam's mane to make him stop, which he finally did in the middle of the cavern. She brushed back the strands of striped hair that had fallen in her face, then looked to Armeno.
"Someone really doesn't like us, do they?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Armeno drew up on Velox's reins as they entered the cavern. He watched in irritation as the tunnel closed behind them, and then turned back to Static as she spoke.
'That's either accurate, or an understatement,' said Armeno, sliding off Velox and examing the cavern. He pushed against the wall- solid again, as he had expected.
'So, to summarise, we're stuck in the middle of a giant sugar strawberry cloud, waiting for a mage who's probably about eight but immensely powerful to show themselves or let us out. Did I miss anything?' His anger had now given way to irritation, as there was little point raging about when this mage was in control. The best they could do now was wait for something else to happen. Armeno loosened Leivtas in its sheath, and then storked Velox. The horse was huffing and generally not looking too happy, so Armeno rummaged in the saddlebags until he came up with a slightly bruised apple. He broke it in two pieces, then held one out to Velox. The horse crunched it up and Armeno fed him the second half, brushing off his hands. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed movement. Yet another dark tunnel had opened, but somebody stood at the mouth of this one holding up a lantern. It was a boy, perhaps seven or so. He looked mostly human, but his skin seemed to have a strange tinge to it- was it just the lighting maybe? Or was he actually pale green?
'Please, come,' he said. 'The Mage is waiting for you.'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Static slid off Tamarisk as Armeno started to shove at the wall again in futility. She shook her head, then sorted out Tam’s reins, which were knotted up with their flight down the tunnel. This time, she was going to keep them over his head, not on a long lead- She had no wish to have her arm nearly wrenched out of her socket again today. The horse seemed to have calmed now they were in a larger space- He was still nervous and his ears back, but there was less in the way of prancing. She realised she had dropped the apple she had been tempting him with in the tunnel when he had bolted, and it had been completely enveloped. Candy apple.

“Thanks for the summary.” She said wryly, wrinkling her nose at the smell of strawberries now it had been mentioned again. With the heat of the candles, it had seemed to have concentrated, making it even more sickly. A child’s dream.

When a voice behind her came from a new tunnel, she span on her heel, searching out the speaker in the dull light. It was just a child, lit dimly by the candles.
“What does the mage want?” asked Static, a tinge of annoyance colouring her voice. She stalked forwards a few paces, but the child had already vanished down the tunnel without another word. She frowned in annoyance, and started to follow him, peering down the new tunnel before starting into it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next