Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Ixas listened intently to Zeke's summary of their rather eventful journey so far, though at the end of it he simply had to correct Zeke somewhat.
"No no, I knew I could heal those people. You see Zack, those people were being lied to, which hurts many good people in the process, all they needed was for their false leader to be shown his bad ways for what they were..." He did however return a smile thereafter to Zeke. "You're right though, what a journey it has been." He paused, looking to the north for a moment, the furthest parts of the distant, low horizon were blank with white, grey and mist.

"Dragon, what do you know of the Guardians? If you are a writer then surely you can tell us something of them?" He thought about it for a moment, then adding, "From what I have seen in Dragon's Cove...they are like your gods, but also your leaders and your protectors...yet, I see nothing of them." Ixas was somewhat oblivious to the established custom and from time to time came off as rude, though not out of spite so much as ignorance. "If they are real then I wish to see them as much as you both would, I am sure. So, please forgive me if I...question their existence..."
He looked to them both quite searchingly, at this point now wondering a little if this journey would come to anything at all...
If not the guardians, then the company would make it worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Nodding slowly at Zeke’s additions to Ixas’ story, Zack started to understand what had led them to the library’s path… and the bottom of the valley here too. He smiled as the other man laughed, but it didn’t sound like the most pleasant of stories. A bear wanting to rip out his throat? No thank you, there was one type of adventure, and there was another, and that was definitely the second kind. He pulled a face, but perked up again at the mention of guardian dragons.
“Oh, the guardians! They’re so exciting! I saw one once, you know. They were as big as… as… as a house! No, bigger, big as a street of houses. Big as a mountain!” He flung his wings up into the air to emphasise the guardian’s size, but it probably didn’t come off as very impressive. Everything seemed big to a little scroll dragon.

“All of your adventures sound fantastic though, I wish I’d been there too- although maybe not with that bear. It’s all so exciting, and Ixas, I bet you could’ve healed them, or whatever you needed to do.” He turned to the pale man, looking him up and down. He certainly had that otherworldly look about him, different to the normal sorts of people that he met. But that might just have been because he spent all his time in a library (like a scroll dragon), and never saw the sunshine? Yes, that must have been it. These strange scholarly types…

Zack was partway through introducing himself to Zeke when Ixas asked about guardian dragons- and he thought they didn’t exist?! Zack’s mouth dropped open in surprise, then he puffed his sides out angrily with an odd crinkling sound as his paper flattened, landing on the ground too. “Question their existence?” he chirped in surprise, barely believing what he was being asked. “Are you saying the guardian dragons don’t exist?”
Why, this was madness! He bounced unhappily on the spot, patting his paws on the grass underneath him, stuttering over his words. “Of course they’re real, how could you say such a thing! They are very very real. You can’t just demand a guardian dragon to come down and prance around in front of you just because you want to see them!” He huffed, making his paper crinkle again, then turned to Zeke. “Surely you do not think the same? Both of you, to the library now, I shall show you pictures!”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 pm

“Aah,” Zeke waved off Ixas’ comment, not for a second believing the man’s words. They would never have ‘healed’ those people if the leader had not gotten himself into trouble and that had only been a stroke of luck. He was not going to dwell on this however, if Ixas wanted to believe it was so, who was he to tell him otherwise?

The little scroll dragon seemed genuinely interested in what they had to tell, a glimpse of adventure-lust breaking through as Zack told them about the guardian dragon he had once seen. Of course as the scroll dragon waved about his wings to emphasize their size, it really looked a little ridiculous but rather adorable.

However, his thoughts – and the dragon’s introduction – were completely scattered into the winds as Ixas actually dared to ... “You question their existence?” Zeke asked, eyes open wide and his expression one of utter disbelief. “How can you even think they might not be real? Their whole purpose is not to constantly be seen. It is what makes them who they are!”
Only then did he realise that he had been babbling alongside Zack, both their words mixing into one huge jumble of outrage at Ixas’ words.

When Zack questioned him, he shook his head pointedly. “Of course I do not think they’re mere figments of imagination! Of course they exist!” He looked at Ixas, creasing his forehead into a frown. “Are you quite sure you believe what you just said yourself?”
As soon as Zack mentioned the library however, Zeke’s mind was floating away again. “Oh, yes, the library!” Never mind the pictures, the library was where it was at and they had wanted to go there anyway.

Holding out a hand to Ixas to help him up off the ground after he had eagerly jumped up him, completely ignoring the painful lurch his stomach made, he said: “Come on, Zack will prove to you that they do exist. And I’m sure he has some great stories about them too and not just pictures!”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

Ixas hadn't expected them to react so passionately or so quickly when he suggested this. "Though if they do not show themselves then why..." He didn't continue the line of thought, he suspected they may not take kindly to be told that their guardians may perish. Amazing as what he'd heard of them, they surely were not godlike, this status only belonged to the great three. They may yet learn.

For now, he had to dig in his heels.
"The library? No, no...we cannot simply climb back up the cliffs into that library, we are incredibly fortunate to not be dashed upon the cliffs." He was curious though, he did want to see what these apparently real guardians were like as he had said in the beginning. "However, is there another way to enter the library...a safer way. Then I would be delighted to see what your texts have to say." He paused a moment to think then, realising what he had just said. "...But only with your help, I am not rich enough to read or write, nor in my own tongue. Though you are a scroll dragon? You master these things so I hear, as is your nature."

Ixas was still quite well soaked and none too pleased at the prospect of somehow having to cross the river at any rate to be back near the cliffs, even then there were only small edgings of land dispersed alongside the river where one could get a foothold near the cliffs. He hoped that the scroll knew of a passageway but his hopes were not too high. "Of course, if there is no fair way to do this, then we will simply head north and search them out for ourselves."

Speaking of literacy fails, Ixas should technically be speaking in broken "common"...I may have to incorporate this into future posts, atm he sounds too fluent...So if in the next posts he sounds like he's speaking stupidly, well...there is your answer I guess.
We'll put it down to "realistic character development" XD
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 9:29 pm

Zack narrowed his eyes at Zeke until he was absolutely sure that he was telling the truth about his faith in the Guardians. Good, so he wouldn’t have to force it all in to both of them that they were very very real, and wonderful. In fact, this would make his job convincing Ixas half as difficult, as there was backup.
“Oh yes, there are books and books and books on the guardians. They are the most fascinating beings, older than many… and wise, oh, I read one of the papers one of them dictated once, it was like the most beautifully written thing I have ever seen…” He drifted off into a happy haze, his mind wandering to the mental image of the pictures of Guardians in the books up in the library.

They had to get there, so Ixas could see how wonderful they were!
The thought of the pair jumping off again was pushed to one side, for the moment, as there were other things to deal with, now. First, this pesky situation of transporting the pair of them up to the top of the cliffs again. Unlike Zack, they did not have wings; and he did not have the strength to even lift one of their arms, let alone the whole of them! His wings sagged against the ground and he looked up, thinking it all was very huge.
“Well, I am sure there is some way of getting up to the library which doesn’t involve climbing,” Zack said doubtfully, looking down at the base of the cliff again. “But I don’t think it’s round here, if anything it’ll be closer to the library itself. We are scholars, not moles; we do not dig.” He huffed haughtily, then took to the air, his eyes skimming along the river’s edge. He didn’t want to get too close to that rather-large peril!
“Let’s try over there, by those trees,” he said, pointing with his little front paws upstream, where there was a stand of old, fat pines. “There’s a painting of that on the inside of the entranceway.” He proceeded to tell them all about the paintings inside the library, how the first room visitors came to was a mock-up of the mountains around, with the library standing tall on it’s cliff above. They probably didn’t want to hear it; belatedly he decided that he should have picked to lecture on the Guardians, but it was a little late now.

As they got close, there was no tunnel to be found, and the cliffs looked even fiercer up close, but that didn’t dissuade Zack. After all, he was not the one who needed to climb them.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:34 am

Zeke waved away the literacy problem as though it were nothing. “Don’t worry, I can’t read either but I’m sure Zack will love to tell us all we need to know. He is a scroll dragon after all. Scrolls and writing and paintings and such, they’re your specialty, are they not?” He looked at Zack hopefully as he asked the question, briefly uncertain about his own assumption.
After all, most of the stories he knew came from the mouths of travellers, bards and the likes, never having been able to pick up a book himself other than to look at the exquisite drawings some of them had. And those occasions had been rare enough. When was a poor village boy ever allowed to touch a book?

As they followed Zack over to the trees while the scroll dragon lectured them about the paintings and many more things – Zeke stopped paying attention somewhere in the middle of it – he looked at Ixas, whom he was sure was not quite convinved of this yet. “We can get up there safely, don’t you worry. And even if we have to climb up the cliffs again. The walk was not so bad, until the moment we tripped. Really, it was quite alright, I find!”

However, at the notion of them going up north to find the Guardians themselves, Zeke was all adventure taken yet again. “Yes, yes, we will have to seek them out ourselves anyway. No matter what! Nothing will compare to making the experience firsthand! It will be so amazing! Zack you should come with us on our travel to the Guardians’ Peak!”

Somehow, Zeke had completely forgotten what all this walking was about anyways and he curiously eyed the ragged cliffs which did not show any sort of path unlike the others. Why were they standing in front of cliffs again when they had just come from another set of cliffs? Funnily enough, he also did not mind as much anymore that Ixas did not want to climb up to the library, after all, Guardians’ Peak! Guardians’ Peak would be so much better than the library anyhow!
“Let’s go there now! Let’s forget about the library. What do you say?”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:52 am

"Or maybe...Would be perfect chance to rest time...before walk." He had misunderstood that the paintings were not in fact on any lower level. Apparently this library was not designed to be biped friendly at all, and when following Zack, he found it hard to keep up with all his squeaky rambling. Of what he could understand, not all of the context even made sense to him. Hearing about these allegedly being in the library was one thing but then seeing fierce jagged cliffs approaching him was another thing entirely.

Ixas was thankful for Zeke's lack of attention to any one thing at a time and smiled, far more content with the second option. He bit his arm off for the offer of an alternative...though, he would never have accepted to go back up anyway.
"But paintings I like," he began apologetically, "Zeke is right. We go Guardian Peak, not cliff or...library." He nodded his head, and before either could change their minds yet again, he rose to his feet and was ready to take off right away, were it not that he was a little bemused by his sodden clothes...
So, they had rested for a while longer and spoken about Zack’s library, though Ixas had been firm in refusing any attempts to climb back up. Later, once the clothes were dry enough to be put back on, they had set off again.
Some days after, they entered the mountains of the Guardians’ Haven. The air coursed through the mountain valleys and blasted the peaks like a beast of its own, apparently it was very nearby, in the tower of the Elites, that the wind stone was held.
Ixas was thankful they had stopped for some more supplies (without drawing any attention this time) and thanked the lion father he had warmth from the long furred coat he had obtained, to his last coin. The rest spent for food.

He briefly opening his coat and peered down at the tiny scroll dragon, held safely in his side pouch behind the layer of fur. “We close! Soon you will free.” He said, struggling to be heard over the wind.
Despite the ice and snow that whirled in the gusts, it was exciting to be getting closer, though he had not seen a dragon yet. Ixas stopped suddenly, and turned from his point in the snow to look back and find his companion. “Zeke. You do well?” He called, closing his coat back up to stop the scroll being torn up by the vicious wind.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Guardian’s Peak sounded like the most fantastic adventure, but all the same… it was so far away, and he was only a little dragon, and he rather liked it here at the library. Although, if he had new friends (very exciting friends, he rather was enjoying himself here, they hadn’t even asked him to be quiet yet, and that was quite something unusual), he might be persuaded. After all, there was only so much studying that could be done before the call of adventure, to do some of the things that he had read about, to actually go to these fantastic places. He wanted to see the world, not just pictures of it!

“Oh, that sounds like fun, actually,” he admitted, tearing his gaze away from the cliff-face and looking at the others. They certainly had that rough adventure edge to them (bar the wet clothes, but even that was rather quirky, if he had to choose a word). He was a little put out that they would not even venture up the cliff to the library however, even though Ixas had expressed a liking of paintings. Well, if he had to pick… He could not turn down an adventure, not when it was heading towards such a magical, fantasy place. “But you should not forget about the library! One day, I will show you the whole place, from top to tail, and all the exciting bits!”

It would be good, they would enjoy it. He was sure.

He was not sure, a few days later, whether exploring Guardian’s Peak was quite as fun. Or whether he really enjoyed adventures in general. Huddled at the bottom of a pocket within Ixas’ fur coat, he was cold, windblown from the few times he had peeked outside, and definitely not a happy dragon. The call from Ixas to say that they would be at their journey’s end soon- wherever that might be- was a very good thing for the scroll dragon to hear. He was missing the warm, draftless air of the library.
“I don’t do well!” he piped up as he heard Ixas call to their companion, his squeaky voice muffled from coming through a thick layer of fuzzy coat.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:56 pm

It had come a bit as a surprise that they had suddenly actually picked up on his suggestion to go to the Guardian’s Peak straight away in hopes of seeing an actual Guardian Dragon there, but Zeke could not have been more ecstatic when Ixas and Zeke had agreed to embark on that journey – even though Ixas and him had wanted to head there anyways, but that was beside the point.
Excitement!

As soon as they neared the mountain range, Zeke could barely refrain from jumping up and down in joy and literally skipping the rest of the way until they finally reached the Elite village. Even the biting cold that was managing to get through his coat, did not manage to calm his enthusiasm of finally being in the place of his dreams.

It was very cold, very cold indeed, granted, but he did not care. As they made their way up the rest of the mountain until they reached the first outskirts of one of the Elite villages in Guardian’s Haven, Zeke could not stop himself from emitting a squeal.

“Ixas! Zack! We’re here! We really are here!” the young man called out, turning in circles on the spot as he took in his environment. “This is so amazing!” he breathed, unable to stop from grinning like a fool.

The place was milling with dragons of all kinds of races and the cold did not seem to bother them. Most were busy and seemed to be following some sort of schedule as they all seemed to try and reach certain places during a certain amount of time.
It was fun to watch, though a little confusing until all of a sudden, the streets were almost empty of dragons, bar a few who did not seem to be in any kind of hurry at all.
A couple of pairs of eyes were curiously looking over the trio, quite openly wondering what the three of them were doing up in Guardian’s Haven. It was rather unusual to have visitors up, especially when the weather was behaving in such a horrible way
“Woooow, just look at this!!” Zeke breathed, ignoring the looks for the time being and concentrating on taking in everything he possibly could with his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Ixas mirrored Zeke's excitement, though with a simple smile on his face that said it all. This was all so different to what he was used to, elites everywhere, each a master in their own right weaving through the village. What an honour to be in the presence of such refined people, surely the Lion Father smiled upon these. Even if they were not Surahs.
It seemed all at once they vanished though, like ants fleeing back to their tunnel, Ixas looked about to where they could possibly be leaving to, or if not all, most of them...

Save a few curious looks from the "locals", no doubt surprised to see two such flimsy humans in their midst, they were not stopped once or challenged on anything as they walked what seemed to be, through the village.
Things were very different here. In these valleys, many places seemed to be etched into the mountains themselves, of those that were they were all low lying buildings, resilient against the currents of snow and ice.
"Nothing I see like this." He said, with a great measure of respect.
Noticing how all th elites scattered and disappeared so quickly though did pique his interest, "We go place, learn what makes so." He uttered, exchanging a look of curiosity with Zeke.
Now well aware of the squealing little dragon in his pocket, he searched for an indoors where they could rest, at that moment a large building stood out to him amonst the smaller outlines of the ordinary ones; it appeared to be dedicated to these guardians. Even Ixas knew that much, as there were five dragonic figures that decorated the sides of it and then a grand double doored entrance at it's front, with far smaller regular ones to the longer sides.
"A place, when...snow gone." He struggled to articulate himself, but seemed quite clear in gesticulating they needed to go there. It was far too bitter out here to be dallying, it would be a good place to wait.

In truth, the tower he had noticed out the corner of his eye beyond the next valley, the top of it peeking over the mountains, is what he sought. He dare not tell Zeke yet, else they'd freeze while finding it.
"Come!" He beckoned again, making a quick pace toward the guardian building. Plenty large enough to house the beings themselves, he guessed.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Zeke was glad that Ixas shared his excitement, even though he was doing it a much more dignified manner, unlike Zeke who was still slightly hopping about instead of walking in a normal fashion.
“Me neither,” he breathed in reply as Ixas wondered at the curious nature of all of this. He had never seen anything in the likes, nor had he even heard stories of this.

“I never knew this place looked like this,” he continued. “I’ve imagined it countless times of course, but I did not think this would be what it really looks like. Better than anything I could ever have imagined!” It was truly wonderful, there was no doubt about that.

“Oh yes, yes, let’s go have a look!” Zeke agreed, just as curious as Ixas to find out why the Elites had suddenly disappeared so quickly apart from the handful watching them. Zeke had no qualms whatsoever following Ixas to the large building they had just been staring at for what seemed like ages – at least his toes seemed to believe so. It was wonderfully brilliant so overly large that it could only mean one thing.

“Definitely need to get out of this wind and snow,” the young man muttered, wondering if the scroll dragon was already frozen or still hanging on. “I’m sure they won’t mind if we venture inside,” he said out loud, though rather more to appease his own mind. “I mean, the building can house Guardian dragons, then it sure would not be a problem to house two small humans and a tiny dragon."

It was done as soon as said and merely seconds later, Zeke was pushing open one of the smaller side doors and stepped into the building, holding the door open for Ixas only long enough for the man to slip inside, before he closed it again to leave most of the nasty weather outside.
“Oh,” Zeke sighed. “Oh, this is brilliant!” The interior was stunning to say the least and it was deliciously hot too after the cold they had just endured.
They had barely stepped into the door as well when already an Elite came trotting over to them. The female’s antlers looked oddly fitting even though Zeke would never have thought a dragon could sport such a crown. “May I be of assistance?” she asked, slightly inclining her head to the guests with a welcoming smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Ixas hadn't expected all of this either, but it was so effortlessly elegant. He had to give it credit where credit was due, in the homeland such places tended to be so elaborate they were gaudy and unbecoming of what they hoped to portray...But there was a still strength in how the room was. From the intricate yet low tone tapestries to the soft light of candles burning steadily in the walls and on what he could only assume were altars.

Once inside he was quick to remove his thick coat, he turned it out, making sure to pick Zack from the pocket first andthen placing him on his shoulder. it was then that they were a approached by a kindly sort of dragon, offering them a hand, or a paw.
"We find rest and Guardian." He said, with a quick nod and a flash of a hopeful smile. Though, after giving the room and the antler herself a once over, his interest was piqued. "And you are, who?" He asked, not intending to sound quite so scrutinising as he did while giving her a serious look of inquisition. "You are, keeper of place?" He then further asked.
Ixas did not know much about the Guardians, let alone the dedicated elites, it was probably just as well the first one he came across was as amicable as she was.

He turned to Zeke with a look of uncertainty, did they need anything?
Really all he wanted was the warmth and a good place to wait while the worst of the blizzard passed. He also wasn't enjoying the strain seeing all this snow as of late was putting on his eyes.
"Oh, here is friend. Zeke. He have, good soul. Let him here too."

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:06 pm

As soon as Ixas opened his coat again, Zack eagerly poked his head out of the warm folds, expecting it to be freezing once more, but wanting to see where they were anyway. He had heard Zeke’s muffled excitement, and wanted to know what was so awesome about where they had gotten to. His face split into a big grin as he saw they had reached the Elites’ village- how exciting!- and he couldn’t help wriggling as Ixas took off his coat and put him comfortably up on his shoulder, turning this way and that and almost falling off with trying to look at everything.
“We’re here! Look at this place,” he breathed, eyes wide as moons. If he had thought the library was big, with all its splendour, then this was even better! It was the biggest building he’d ever seen; but it was made for Guardians.

Even though he was super-excited about where they were, and interested to see every single little bit of the place, he couldn’t help a few tired yawns as he looked from side to side, eyes fixing on the various Elites that wandered past. Travelling was tiring, and that was without even having to walk like Ixas and Zeke had! It hadn’t been too bad a journey though, the only drawback having been the fact he had been squished in Ixas’ pocket for much too long for his liking, and it had been cold. But now it was warm, and there was lots of room to stretch! Things to see, too; he was loving it already.

He gave the antler dragon that approached them an enormous grin when she stopped in front of them, chirping an excited hello and looking over her gleaming hide before going back to admiring the building. Despite being so big, it was quite warm.
“I’m Zack!” he piped up as Ixas introduced Zeke, not wanting to be left out. “We’re looking for a Guardian, we’ve come a long way. All the way from Shayenne’s library! Is one here to see?” He really hoped that they had not had a wasted journey… although this place was splendid enough in its own right.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Lola blinked briefly and cocked her head to the side as Ixas began talking, wondering where this man was from. Come to think of it, he actually did look rather peculiar in comparison with the two-legged beings generally encountered on Dragons’ Cove. However, the antler did not judge by appearance.
“Yes, you could say I am a keeper of sorts. I am one of the Elite dragons. We train and live here, while keeping an eye on things and having the place ready for when the Guardian dragons visit us from time to time. I am sad to announce though that there are currently none in residence.”

Zeke grinned like a fool as the dragon started talking to them, slapping Ixas on the shoulder in a friendly way when the man introduced him as having a good soul. “This is my friend Ixas,” he returned the gesture. “He is not from around here.” He had actually again forgotten where the man was from but that was not important now anyway.

What was important was that they were here! It was quite a downer however that there was no Guardian dragon around at this moment in time but maybe one would come while they were here?

“Ah, maybe one will show up soon for our benefit, you never know! And we should not give up hope yet. After all, we did make it here! We are at the Guardian’s Peak! Can you believe it?!”
Zeke’s excitement grabbed him afresh again and he grinned like a fool as he looked at Ixas and Zack, his eyes sparkling with satisfaction and joy.

Lola bowed her head a little with a smile and directed the small group towards a seating area with cushions not too far from one of the smaller fires they had burning all around the place. “I shall have some refreshments brought to you in a moment. You can either stay here or we can show you to more private rooms – your choice. If you need anything, call for Lola.”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:13 pm

It had turned out, by the Willow Mother's doing or otherwise, that Ixas had truly found himself a traveling companion. Their escapades through Didienne, beyond the cliffs and then to the elites headquarters and guardians' haven itself had not been all they had done. It was only the beginning of something else altogether. For some those feats would have been quite enough adventure to last many years, if not a lifetime, but to Ixas it was a way of life. Zeke? He did not know, but savoured the valued between them, especially when it came to inevitably passing Kaionar, flying beyond Yarrowitz by dragons (what absurd person would fight the tropical forest itself?) and then even passing through Yarrowitz and beyond Xanile.

Now had come a point where their journeying had settled for a while, neither quite sure where to go or what to do next. What was coming of all of this? Ixas was guided by his faith but the messages were unclear, what was he to do? He'd been thinking on it since they had set up camp here for quite a time now, taking a good rest from all the traveling that had very much made up most of their time.
It was afternoon and the air was hot, like nothing he had experienced anywhere else, in all the humidity of the place. It made his clothes quite damp in parts and he had long since discarded the shirt to the lower part of the branch he was now sitting on quite happily. Apparently it was a long term habit of his, everyone he'd ever met beyond a city had mistaken him for a criminal of some sort, waiting to ambush them.
He breathed in the warm air, unsatisfying for a deep breath, feeling the vague trace of sweat all over him; it did nothing to impair his mood though. Ixas had been feeling quite relaxed and pensive, though he was quite the unflappable man to begin with. Looking up into the canopy of leaves he picked the dirt from his nails idly with one hand, then looked about him.
"Zeke, what do you think of...all this?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 pm

It was peaceful, if a little too humid for his likes, but without a shirt on and with the trousers rolled up to his knees, Zeke didn’t feel all too bad. The place in and of itself made up for any discomfort he might be feeling. He also studiously ignored the fact that the branch was scratching his behind in not the nicest manner but he was enjoying his vantage point too much to shift.

“Ah, my good friend, this...,” the young man waved around a hand, taking in the panoramic scenery all around them, “I very much like it.” Something was poking at his back, so he leaned away from the tree trunk a little to wave away whatever it was and relieve the itch before settling back again and looking over to his travelling companion. Travelling companions they were indeed, and good ones. The adventures they had already shared! Never Zeke would have thought he’d find someone who shared his passion for exploration but here they were, both of them settled up in a tree and overlooking the landscape. It was bliss!

“What about you? Are you liking this place? Or would you prefer to move on somewhere else? It is a little too humid maybe, but rainforest, alas, what can we do? It is a lovely place though,” he added as an afterthought as his eyes drifted away from Ixas again to take in the view. Standing almost on top of the Didienne cliffs – before taking a bit of a tumble – had been wonderful but somehow Zeke found that it still was almost nothing compared to this.

Somehow they were on top of cliffs again, staring over the greenery spreading on the other side of them, running down towards the sea. It was beautiful. If he shifted his position a little, he could, if barely, make out the tops of the tallest trees in the Yarrowitzian rainforest. Now that had been an adventure as well, flying over the rainforest. On the back of a dragon nonetheless!
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm

He smiled to hear that, nodding to himself.
"You and I both, then, my friend. The journeys are great, the earth is abundant in its bounty, and the mother has smiled upon us both it seems in all the fortune we've had...that you even still have life in you." He remarked, then thinking about his question with his head rested back against the trunk, shifting against the bark beneath him. He looked over to his left, Zeke the less cautious of the two -as ever- on the branch that although strong, reached out over the cliff a touch too far to be considered relieving.
"Perhaps...I do not know." Though Ixas was often quiet at such points in the day, these particular thoughts had taken his interest, a swirl of questions that he had been pondering during their trekking.

"Zeke. What do you hope for?" He frowned to himself then, waving a hand gently to the air to clarify. "You know. In all of what we have done...where we are going." More thoughts came to mind, earlier words of a wiseman from many years ago as a child, a religious man of good repute. "Even scattered leaves must return to the earth...so...what of you? Where are you going?" Oddly they had never spoken of the greater context of what they were doing, or indeed much of eithers' past. But then, neither had they spoken about common things that also interested Ixas in a way, what had Zeke been before? Why had he chosen to leave whatever it was to travel alongside him? Perhaps women did not like such a free spirited man.

OOC| I guess you could say Zeke is...branching out.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Zeke happily nodded along, unable to tear his eyes away from the view but listening to every word Ixas said. He had grown rather used to the man’s talk of the Mother Earth and started to see that some truth might be ringing in his statements from time to time but he wasn’t quite prepared yet to yield to Ixas’ faith and join the religion. It wasn’t his kind of thing, even if there might be something to it.

“What I want?” Zeke grinned at Ixas before spreading his arms wide in an enthusiastic movement of trying to embrace the whole world, and promptly needing to catch his balance again as he almost toppled off the branch, and would most likely have ended up rolling down the cliffs – though that wouldn’t have been anything new really.

Taking the question into consideration a little more seriously, he replied in earnest. “What I want is to discover all I can discover about Dragons’ Cove. Or all that lies within my reach to be discovered. And that one day I’ll meet a nice woman that I will fall head over heels for and who will be good for me so that I can settle down with her, no matter where I meet her or where she would want to go. And then maybe, eventually, have a bunch of kids.”

Pondering his own words for a while, he said: “It sounds odd for someone who’s constantly off travelling, huh? And even though that is exactly why I left my life behind in the first place, it seems the right thing to do. For me at least.”
He let the words sink in for a little while longer before he picked up Ixas’ question and turned it on the man himself. “What are you hoping to achieve here? I mean, you obviously aren’t from around here. Even if we have never truly spoken about this, but the fact remains that you are actually a stranger to the island. So what are you hoping to find for yourself?”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:43 pm

At first a chuckle came to Ixas, though his smile dropped as he jerked out to reach for Zeke, but the man righted himself in the nick of time.
"You really must be more careful Zeke...who knows how much luck you have." He scowled out of concern, but then laughed away his nervousness. "But you'll do as you please, I know this by now..."

Hearing what he had to say, he was quite surprised to hear a clear answer, Zeke seemed as much of a drifter and traveler as he was; but he seemed to have a good idea of what he might like. Ixas nodded slowly, a quaint look of respect crossing his features with a purse of the lips.
"You are a good man then, Zeke. It takes one such man to know what he wants." He seemed stoic as he contemplated that, trying to imagine Zeke as a father. A jovial, good natured kind, but hardly able to keep all of his limbs intact, let alone mind a family. "Pity the woman that should make you feel that way, she will not understand what she is bargaining for." Ixas grinned to him, though it was said in jest. It was the duty of every woman and every man to partake in marriage, to find true happiness through their gift to the next generation, and one day...well, Zeke asked him the same question.

"Myself? I hope for that woman too...I hope for many children, a wife of good faith...humble, loving, serene...Good food and the earth for my shelter and my bed. That is all one needs is it not? It is not so much to ask for either, is it?" In time, he would be granted his wish, of that he was certain, so strong was his faith.
"It seems then, for whatever change might happen, we are quite stuck with one another." Ixas now looked over to Zeke, reading him more intently.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 pm

“Ah well, can’t be helped,” the young man smiled and waved Ixas’ worry away. He had always been a hazard, even as a young boy already, and he was sure that wasn’t going to change any time soon. Who knows, maybe he would never have to worry about finding the right woman because he wouldn’t be around for it anymore. Then again, Zeke always believed that life turned out for the best, so he wasn’t going to waste his time with negativity. It was such a useless and unbecoming trait in people.

Laughing out loud at Ixas’ comment, Zeke once again precariously balanced on the branch before looking at the man in question. “Right you are, my friend. I fear the woman who will get me to settle down, if such a one exists, will never know what hit her, and she will definitely get more than she bargained for. In terms of worries, I mean.” Zeke chuckled himself at this, knowing that Ixas was of course right. He would be just as much of a catastrophe in a marriage as he was ouside of it and he could really only pity the woman who would settle for him. But it would be nice, nonetheless. Of that he was certain.

“Ah, for good or for worse, then we shall be stuck with one another,” Zeke replied, grinning at Ixas as the man studied him. “I for one don’t mind the company, and we have fared well so far, have we not?” Unknowingly, Zeke had begun to sometimes take over Ixas’ manner of speaking and found that it suited him rather well when he did realise he was doing so.

“Some day we shall both find our dream woman, and whether they realise what treasures they are getting or not, I’m sure we will both cherish them the way they deserve.” Zeke smiled once more before turning his gaze back over the blue shimmer far, far below, crossing his arms behind his head.
“It shouldn’t be too much to ask, I’d say. Every man has a chance at happiness, right? So we should be able to find the woman of our dreams with all the qualities we are hoping for. Any good woman would possess those anyway, and we’re merely asking for a good woman to take of us as we would take care of them.”

After a few moments of quiet – on Zeke’s part – the young man once again turned his face to his friend and companion: “Have you ever met such a woman and let her slip through your fingers?”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 am

He smiled to that, oh, that woman would lose her mind.
"Such a woman certainly exists Zeke." He announced, with a great deal of certainty as he thought on it. With a little reluctance he began to explain himself, knowing that the man did not always listen to his good advice but, one could hope. "It is in the gods plans for how all will live. It is in their plans that everyone might find one of their exact needs...but one must grasp the opportunity with...both hands." He clenched his hands in the air, then letting them drop firmly to his lap. "I know you think I might be, quite, persistent with what I say but...look around, it is true. What is that saying..."
He looked serious as he tried to think of it. "Birds of a feather they flock together. True, isn't it? We all have somebody because of this...rule."

Ixas did have to find it amusing how openly Zeke spoke of them both; as treasures indeed. Now, humility came easily for himself, but he always strived to be that good person people might value or depend upon; he appreciated Zeke's appreciation of him.
"We shall, like good men! People deserve all that they bring to themselves, so...we will surely be in good fortune." At Zeke's other question, Ixas raised his brows, surprised that he would ask such a thing. Well, it was all quite long ago.
"Yes." He said at first, wondering how to word this. "She was a beautiful woman, of course, as women are, her name was Esila. She was such a good woman too, never had I seen such strength of character in a lady before. Those times were hard however, and her family moved away..." He breathed out longly for a moment, looking ahead of him blankly.
"I should have asked her to marry me, I am sure."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Ixas’ words did have a ring of truth to them that he couldn’t deny, especially since for once he had been listening intently to what his friend had had to say. “That is true, indeed,” he muttered as he contemplated the bird metaphor for a while. “So according to your beliefs, there is someone out there for everyone.” Sighing, he added: “Wish that was true.”

For a moment, Zeke had to chuckle. “If you want a strong woman, I’ll introduce you to my sister, though bullheaded might be a better word to use for her.” He quickly became serious again however, Ixas’ revelation not one to be laughed at.

“Esila…” He rolled the name around a bit before coming to the conclusion that he rather quite liked it. “It’s a shame she had to move away,” he agreed. “I’m sure she would have been delighted to say yes. Any woman would be lucky to have such a caring husband as you are.”
The words were spoken without Zeke even realising it and he didn’t waste a second thought on them either. It was merely stating the truth. Ixas was a good man, and anyone who didn’t see that, was blind. Sure, he sometimes was a bit… drastic in his ways to save people, especially when they were refusing to be rescued, but he had a heart of gold.

“Maybe some day your paths will cross again? There is always hope, isn’t there, even for matters of the heart that you think might be long lost.” Another furtive smile crossed Zeke’s face before he turned to look at Ixas. “Imagine that! You’re walking along the street in some unknown town without thinking of anything in particular and suddenly the woman of your dreams, the one you thought had slipped through your fingers forever, appears before you with a sweet, sweet smile playing around her lips…”
Realising he let himself get carried away, Zeke shook his head briefly, before leaning back against the tree and staring out at the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Ixas nodded as Zeke repeated his own words back to him, but then frowned mildly at his own disbelief, wondering why Zeke could not think just the same. The proof was all around them!

Even so, he did like how Zeke continued to listen to him. The relative peace of their time here for now was scarce; usually, his companion seemed to take pride in never letting it get too quiet.
"You say such kindness to me." Ixas was warmed to hear these words of affection. "And so, I think you are kind too. Though I would not need to hear words like those, to know." It made it more pleasant to think on the times past. Sometimes it was harder, when he had regret with him, but often it was lighter...for as long as his mood was good, made all the better by a genuine ear given to him. If nothing else, Zeke was honest and authentic.

However, as the daydream began to emerge, through no fault of his own, Ixas couldn't help but wonder on it. Oh, if he could meet her again.
"I think...what she would look like. Esila that is, and now." He leaned back more comfortably against the tree in thought, trying to picture her again, though it had been a long time. "I think she would smile beautifully. She would be graceful, very warm. None would wish for coldness in a wife, would they?" Ixas flitted his eyes over to Zeke as he said this. Women were at their best when at their most tender; Esila was this.
"And she would smile for me, too. You know? Not a smile for everyone. But when she sees you, she thinks, this is my best." Ixas grinned a little, again looking for Zeke's eyes. "To be wanted like that! It shows a man is worthy."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 am

The idea of Ixas randomly meeting his long-lost love was rather interesting, he had to admit. And if there was any way he could even just try and make that happen, he would, but alas, there probably was no possibility for that even to happen.
It was at least nice to just fantasise about it, and it seemed to make Ixas happy.

“She sounds like a lovely girl indeed. Smiles not everyone is privileged with are the best things in the world,” Zeke mused, thinking about all the other implications in such a smile. A smile went a long way, especially if it was one almost privately shared. When he turned his head, he met Ixas’ eyes and saw in them the same enthusiasm, the same giddiness almost, over the knowledge of what such a smile meant.
“Their best, indeed,” he agreed, his face clouding over a little and he fixed his eyes back on the breathtaking view before them.

“Some women are not so fortunate however as to find someone worthy of their smiles. I hope I won’t disappoint if I ever truly find a woman like that.” He’d had his fair share of women but he had never stuck around long enough to build up anything serious, nor would he have wanted. Of course, he had been happy enough to be indulged and to indulge, but there had never been this special something surrounding any of the females he had ever shared a bed or just companionship with.

Then there was of course his sister. As lovely as she was, once she did smile at someone in such a way, he would maybe consider himself the luckiest man in the world, and he probably even would be, but she would make his life a living hell before it got to that, and most men didn’t seem to be willing to invest so much. “I hope that, one day, Selene will find someone worthy.”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:13 pm

"She was." Ixas agreed suddenly, then letting Zeke continue speaking, as if he could not quite soon enough tell the man what he had thought of her. "No, too many find imperfect men. Everybody has their match, it is fate, many would not seek fate...because...they lack the strength to see fate. Then they are disappointed." That was the truth of it, those that did not search for the best would settle for anything; they put their material lives before their souls and it was a lesson that could only be taught by the most divine one of all.
"And you, friend," Ixas sized him up from his branch, as if measuring him with a great deal of care. "I think...you must not," He tried to find the words, to say it best. "Scare them with your, fire." And then he smiled, brightly. "So you will be alone." And then he raised a finger to point toward Zeke as if teaching him, "Until you find one that matches, your fire."

And how could it be any other way? Perhaps it would, but Ixas did wonder if Zeke's taste could accommodate a slow-moving, plain woman that was scared to roam.

"Selene is her name?" Ixas then asked, his tone light and short, the word sounding unfamiliar to him. "Should a woman be so, bullheaded?" He was unsure on that, they were not supposed to be, and yet he also wondered on what such a creature would be like. Intriguing and yet very odd. A true black sheep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next