Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:41 pm

“Seems to me however, there is more to it than just the obvious reason,” Siofra replied sharply but didn’t push the matter. It wasn’t her concern why he was being chased or wanted dead, she only wanted to find out now why they had taken a shot at her as well; her thoughts kept circling around this one fact. His constant scanning of their surroundings was putting her on edge, and her usual calm was starting to fade away and she too had her hands hovering nearby her weapons, ready to fight of any oncoming attack. Barely listening to Seth’s mumbled words, she picked up the general drift that told her only what she already knew, namely that he was just as happy with the momentary situation as she was. She shook her head in dismay at his complaint, but couldn’t even take it serious.

Grinning, the half-elf replied: “Well, I wasn’t actually out to help you now, was I?” Though she lightly winked at him while saying this. Siofra was fairly certain that she would be a target now too wherever she went if any of those men had gotten a closer look at her clothing, and she would be shot on sight if she were caught with Seth. “Not that much further,” she replied, skipping the apology, not believing it to be an honest one anyway. She pointed out the hut she had thought of, being the very first facing the forest, slightly set back from the other smaller buildings around it. None of those buildings were really used much but this one had been a refuge to her before. “I hope you don’t mind being stuck with me for a while longer,” she attempted to joke. They both knew in the mean time that fate had played them and whether they wanted it or not, they almost seemed to be stuck with each other now until they figured out what to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 pm

“I’m afraid I didn’t have time to ask the men chasing me why they were so desperate to catch me. You could have asked more questions when you took the contract” his tone was light but it was clear that their ignorance was annoying him. He was the type of person that hated mysteries couldn’t stand waiting around for the pieces of the puzzle to come to him, It was one of the reasons he was at the front line scouting out the area ahead of Theodores army so he was the first to get any important information. Stopping outside the hut he indicated the door “ladies first” he kept his voice quite not sure that the hut was empty, he gave a moments thought to food but pushed that aide it could wait for a while, in his mad dash to escape he had left his small back pack of supplies back near Fredircs army.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Siofra laughed. “Why should I have asked more questions? I never do, the less you know the better, and it’s not like I could foresee that you were going to be so high on the menu. Or that you would get me onto the menu myself.” However, she knew that playing the blame game would not bring them anywhere either. Silently, she slipped a dagger from her belt as they approached the hut, keeping at the ready for anything that might come jumping at them. She nodded in acknowledgment to Seth’s gentlemanly behaviour, which only made her raise a questioning eyebrow to herself when she made her way to the door. No sound was to be heard from within, but the half-elf knew that was not always an indication of the building being empty. Lightly she opened the door and kicked it open wide, immediately taking a step back from the opening, just in case, but nothing happened, no one came charging out or threw projectiles at them.

Quickly, she took a step inside and had a look around, only to confirm that there really was nobody and nothing around. Siofra poked her head back out to Seth and waved him inside. While she had her head out she quickly scanned the area behind Seth, towards the forest, of any sign of followers, but everything seemed quiet and still. There was no movement indicating any kind of trackers being on their trail and the night sounded just like it should. Indicating an old, probably already moldy bundle of hay, she motioned for Seth to use it. “It will do your ankle good to get some decent rest now, which also means that you probably shouldn’t wiggle around with it too much in your sleep.” In other words, he shouldn’t run around the hut like a caged animal, trying to find a way out, which she almost had a feeling he would do sooner or later, though she could be mistaken of course. “I know you don’t trust me, but you’ll have to make do with me as watchkeeper tonight,” she said, unable to keep the note of sarcasm out of her voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:34 pm

He shook his head “I banged up my ankle, we will share the watch, you can have first watch though of course. He unbuckled his sword and quiver also reaching down and releasing the knife sheathed at his thigh, he sat down on the hay laying the sword and quiver near by. The bow he unstrung and lay it down next to the sword and quiver his knife he kept sheathed but in his hand “wake me a little after midnight and then tomorrow we can see about getting something to eat. Unless you have a better idea?” the inside of the hut was dim and poorly kept it was clear that it was inhabited infrequently he thought to himself that he probably would have preferred a barn to this place.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 pm

The half-elf wasn’t pleased with his reply but for now decided not to argue against it, they would start arguing soon enough about whether he was up for a watch or not. She watched him relieve himself of his weaponry and get comfortable on the little stack of hay, without saying a word. Only when he was settled, did she take off her cloak, unstrapped the bow and quiver from her back but keeping it at the ready. Seeing that she was about to keep watch, she needed everything close by, though she would mostly rely on her other four senses rather than her eyes. There was only the tiniest of openings in the hut which resembled something of a window, but as it was a quiet night, Siofra was fairly certain they would be able to hear any real attack and fend it off.

She nodded when Seth asked her to wake him up, but she already knew she wasn’t going to. If he wasn’t willing to take care of his ankle himself, she was going to do it for him, since they would have to move on the next day, most likely at least. He needed the ankle in better shape than it currently was, and sleeping was the best medicine for almost anything. “No, food can wait until tomorrow, and no, I don’t have a better idea.” She didn’t appreciate his tone, but she could guess the pain was slowly getting to him. Thus, she got herself settled in a somewhat comfortable position and kept as quiet as possible while he was trying to fall asleep, keeping her senses alert to anything that seemed only remotely out of place. Every now and then, she went outside, making a round all along the walls of the hut to check the nightly scenery, but nothing seemed to be going on and the hours passed quickly enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:51 am

In the morning Seth woke to the light spilling through the cracks in the huts walls and roof sitting up Seth scanned the small room. Moving his ankle slightly he winced his ankle had stiffened over night so he set to work on it moving his ankle around and around loosening it. in the end it hurt more than it had when he woke up but he knew in the end it would heal better this way. Reaching into his shirt he pulled out his map again this time laying it out on the floor, it was covered with small scribbled pictures or words notes he had added to it while out scouting, they would need to move before long. Seth hoped he could rest for the rest of the day then move on tonight the darkness concealing him tracing his finger along his ideal path he stopped at a little maker for a cave the word shallow scribbled next to it.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 am

As the first rays of the sun spread their warmth over the earth, Siofra was going for another walk around the hut, making sure no attackers were making a slow approach to surprise them in the early morning hours. The half-elf was glad the night had been a quiet one and that Seth had not woken up to throw a tantrum as to why she had not done what he had wanted and woken him up at midnight to split the watch. Using the night to her advantage and thinking things through a little, she was however still not that much more on top of the game than she had been a few hours earlier. There were still a lot of pieces of the puzzle missing and she wasn’t sure simply assuming in this kind of situation would do them good because it seemed there was too much at stake.

When she slowly eased her way back inside the hut, she noticed Seth was already up and brooding over his little map. “Any bright ideas?” she asked casually, not even bothering to ask whether he had slept well or how his ankle felt. She was fairly certain he wouldn’t reply honestly either way. Walking over to where she had dumped her cloak, she put down the bow she had been carrying around with her outside and turned to look at him. “So what is the plan?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:21 am

Seth shook his head “the plan, the plan…. Well I was thinking rest up today, you should get some sleep, then tonight it’s a short walk to here” he pointed on the map to the cave “there theirs a screen of trees hiding the entrance from the road, the caves only shallow so we shouldn’t have to worry about scaly visitors. It’s far enough we shouldn’t be over heard from the road and it should be simple to keep watch on the road, it’s a pretty major rout so you never know what we might see.” He smiled “better yet we can set some snares and get some fresh meat. Just small game from the tracks I saw on my way in.” Seth moved his hand and brushed his unstrung bow “it should be safe enough for a day or two and then I will be able to move on without dificulty.”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:49 am

¨Strangely enough, Siofra didn’t feel all that tired. She had her means of getting a bit of rest without actually sleeping while still paying attention to her surroundings, and she was used to it as well. Travelling on your own entailed the loss of certain comforts from time to time, especially when the territory was a dangerous or treacherous one. Nodding along to his words, she leaned against the cabin’s wall, looking around the room before he pointed towards a spot on the map. Thus, she moved over to hover next to him and have a look at the map. “Looks like a decent place indeed. Though if anyone sees us go in there and plan an attack on us, that’ll be it.” Frowning, the half-elf squinted at the map again, wondering if there was no other exit to this cave bar the one that seemed to be the entrance. “But I guess it’s worth a try. It will certainly be safer than this place.” As she moved back towards her cloak, she checked the quiver was still fastened alright and put the cloak over her shoulders, completely ignoring Seth’s suggestion of her sleeping during the day. “It’s still early, let’s get out of here before we’re noticed and hit the road.” An uneasy feeling had begun creeping around her neck and she was fairly certain that she should listen to it. “The sooner we get out of here, the better,” she added for emphasis, knowing that she better not ignore what her instincts were telling her. “We can still get the food on the way as you said, but let’s get a move on.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:42 pm

Seth nodded getting to his feet, his ankle protested so he eased the weight off of it then started getting his equipment set, his quiver hung from the back of his belt hidden by his cloak his sword strapped to his hip and his knife strapped back to his thigh. He nodded to the door “I was hoping to use the cover of night, I’m not at my most stealthy having to hop everywhere, but if you don’t think the hut will serve as a decent hide for the day then there is no help for it.” Seth hobbled to the door, his ankle was defiantly better but he still had an obvious limp and if they had to travel much further than the cave he had shown on the map all the good that resting it had done would be ruined.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:44 pm

“Usually it would be a good hideout,” Siofra muttered, her eyes glued to the horizon, barely visible through the crack called a window. Something was awry, she could feel it but she didn’t know what it was; she only knew that they had to get out. Barely waiting for him to be ready, the half-elf was already out the door, her hood pulled far into her face and her eyes flicking around like those of a frightened animal, though there was nothing frightened about the young woman. Siofra was fully aware of the fact that the sneaky and almost frightened attitude would attract anyone wanting to assault them within a matter of seconds. Yet nothing happened.

“Besides,” she then continued once she was certainly there was no one around, “the cover of night will not do you any good with that ankle. One little stone or root and it will send you flying, which will do more harm than anything else, not only for your ankle but for our safety as well. It’s better you see where you’re going even if it might now take us longer.” Motioning for him to take the lead, she grinned underneath her hood, even though he probably wouldn’t be able to see. “After you.” She preferred having him in front of her in this, just in case they were tracked or attacked or whatever. Every single hair on her neck was standing on edge and she didn’t want to be surprised and having to look out for Seth hobbling after her. It would be easier to keep an eye on everything when he was in front, plus, he was the one with the map who apparently knew so very well where he wanted to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Seth took the lead making good time given his limp, any progress towards the boarder was fine by him. Seth made his way around the town giving it a wide berth the nearest figures out and about in the early morning were some farmers blurred figures in the distance. Seth couldn’t tell if they were looking in Seth and Siofras directions but then all they would see were two people walking through the countryside nothing to unusual. What’s more he had no reason to suspect that he was being watched for in this area yet. Siofra was probably expected to be long gone by now that an assassins usually style when things got rough they often bailed at least for a while letting things clear off before trying again.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:09 am

The half-elf followed the hunter with a bit of distance between them so she would not seem like she was pushing him onwards quicker, he was already pressing for a rather high speed considering his bad ankle, plus, it gave her a bit of space to keep an eye out on their surroundings. She was also observing him once in a while, still wondering how it had even happened that she had changed her mind about killing him and thus going against her own assignment. The whole situation still didn’t want to fit inside her head and she was getting annoyed with it. But it was for certain that both of them were being hunted and she disliked such knowledge.

They only encountered few other people on the road, mostly farmers, or travellers that preferred minding their own business and didn’t look too closely. There was no sign of an army, or a group out for their hides or even tracking them, and the further away they went, the less danger for discovery there was anyways, so the half-elf began to relax a little more, though that also made her realise how tired she was. It had been a long few days and not getting any sleep the previous night was beginning to take its toll. “How far do we have to run to get to this cave actually?” she asked when they were taking a short break to get some food and rest. “We should also get some provisions in the next village or farmhouse we come across.” Looking him over briefly, she added, not seeing a bag or anything: “You seem to have lost yours somewhere on the way.” Her own stock was starting to dwindle, especially since she never carried much with her anyways, it would only weigh her down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Seth shook his head “there are no farm houses near by.” Nodding his head further down the road he indicated a corps of trees “that’s the start there, we should reach the edge in an hour or two the cave just an hour or so after that” he looked at his ankle shaking his head. “I will have to slow down the minute we hit the forest.” Swiveling his ankle around he winced it wasn’t as bad as yesterday but the stress of traveling hadn’t done him any good. “We will have to set some snares as we walk in, and tomorrow we can search for some edible vegetation tomorrow morning, we shouldn’t starve in the few days we will be there” standing Seth stretched “lets get a move on. And while we walk perhaps you should tell me about yourself”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:00 am

Siofra raised an eyebrow as she watched him fiddle with his ankle, but she didn’t say a word, hoping he would know what he was doing with his injury before he made it any worse than it already was. Nodding, the half-elf took in the information he gave her and silently rolled her eyes at the fact there was no food to be gotten nearby, as long as they could find some drinkable water, it was fine, in her opinion at least. She could go a few days without decent food even though she didn’t particularly like it.

Getting up as well, Siofra let her eyes roam their environment once more, not only to watch out for any possible trackers but to see if she could spot some of that edible vegetation now already. She was not planning on simply passing it by if they came across it, why would she? Waiting until the next day might be an idea but she preferred acting straight away in this kind of thing, if she could, and picking up a few roots and other things along the way wouldn’t cause trouble. She only grunted when he asked her to tell him about herself and didn’t reply immediately.

When they were inside the forest and moving along smoothly, she finally got back to his question and stated: “There is not much about me that is worth knowing,” she didn’t particularly like talking about herself, as she considered that who she was, was her own business, plus, most of it wasn’t really things she wanted to lay out before others. “I sometimes take on an assassination contract, sometimes it’s other odd jobs, and even though I might be working for someone else, I am my own master and I do things for my own reasons, just as I decide whether I want to go through with a job or not.” The hint for this one was obvious, as Seth was the perfect example of her going against her mission because she thought there was something else more important than eliminating a little scout. Unwilling to give up anything more on herself at this moment in time, she turned the question back at him: “What about you then? Care to tell me more?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 am

Seth shook his head “that tells me nothing that I hadn’t already guessed” walking through the forest he stopped to look at tracks “the game here’s bigger than I thought, a small deer should be more than enough, we can smoke some and cook the rest fresh.” Moving on he smiled “we might get a bit sick of the fare but we shouldn’t go hungry anytime sure, and a day or twos rest and my ankle should be fine to travel.”

The next time he stopped was at the mouth of a cave “home sweet home, at least till I heal up” looking at Siofra Seth shrugged “what I was looking for when I asked you about your self was a little more along the lines of history. I was born into a family of farmers, sickness took my parents when I was still young I don’t even remember their faces… It will sound horrible but its probably the best thing that ever happened to me, I was taken in as a orphan the duke who ruled the fief gave shelter food and lessons to the orphans.”

Moving into the cave he shook his head “what a hole, its going to be a cold night. Anyway! Years later after coming to the orphanage I joined the scouts, and became rather well known as scouts go until the king himself drew me into this little adventure of his, myself and almost 20 other scouts, don’t think I’m anything special. My point was, I was lucky because all I ever would have been if my parents lived would be a farmer, and without them I have traveled all over the place seen and done things most could scarcely imagine. Still I do find myself wishing I had my parents”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:23 am

Siofra couldn’t help but let a small grin appear on the corners of her lips at Seth’s frustration at her almost refusal to give up much information about herself. “Don’t worry about it,” she replied to his statement of their diet for the next few days, “better something to eat than nothing at all, even if it is the same.” She didn’t mind all that much, food was a necessity when she was out hunting and it wasn’t something she savoured all that much under conditions such as these. She merely regarded as something filling her stomach and appeasing her hunger.

Once they reached the cave and had gotten settled a bit, she was not even surprised when her companion came back to the question of who she actually was. He hadn’t seemed like someone who would let this go so easily, especially since he had not gotten the information he had desired. Though she was a little surprised that he told her quite a lot about himself, since she had figured he would be somewhat like her in those respects as well, but it seemed like she had been mistaken. “That was rather lucky for you indeed.” She knew herself that farmers weren’t always very well off, despite some of the farmers having a few cattle and a few larger pieces of land. Keeping it all intact was often costing them more than they were earning with their products and it was hard work. “However, you cannot know what would have become of you if your parents hadn’t died,” she lightly retorted but immediately switched back to the lighter tone he had struck up, not wanting to cause a disagreement over something as heritage. “Entering the king’s services can always be considered an honour when you’re chosen for it, whether you’re one of a kind or one in a million,” she smiled encouragingly at his words.

“Well, since you seem to be intent on learning some of my past, there still isn’t that much to know. I never knew my father as he left my mother shortly after she was pregnant with me. Her as well as my brother refused to talk about him so I don’t have any idea whatsoever about who he is. My brother has been killed a few years back and my mother is currently living with her sister so she has someone to take care of her, in a place where she is accepted without her halfbreed daughter running loose.” The last bit came out a little more sarcastic and angry than it was intended but Siofra figured he’d know about the trouble halflings were getting into in quite a lot of towns. Nestling herself into a little corner with the quiver leaning against the wall of the cave next to her and her bow on her knees, she held herself closely to get used to the sudden cold of the slightly damp cave, wondering if they were going to have any nasty surprises while in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:50 am

“Of course it’s better but still you cant blame me for wishing for a little variety” standing Seth stretched before leaning against the wall “I spend most of my time involved in the darker aspects of humanity, weather that’s hunting down criminals or scouting out possible paths for an army. I have seen some truly disgusting things.” Seth shrugged “also I have seen my fair share of crimes against elves or half and halves” Seth looked out of the mouth of the cave “we consider elves as less than human, when half elf half humans born it shatters that illusion, for both party’s I imagine. You prove that humans and elves aren’t so different At least physically.”

Shaking his head Seth ran his hand along the rune-covered surface of the bow, “I spent a few weeks with a traveling clan, they taught me a lot and gave me my bow. I never worked out why though, they usually ran any humans that came near them off, unless they wanted something from them of course.” Shaking his head again Seth moved away from the wall wincing as his ankle took his weight “I am going to watch the road, if anyone comes for us it will be from there. Sleep lightly you should hear anyone who comes near the cave, its one of the reasons I marked this cave on my map. Besides I want to see who’s out on the roads today.” With that he started heading for the cave mouth once at the edge of the forest he would sit and rest his ankle for a while.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 am

“You seem to have been lucky when meeting that clan,” Siofra agreed in a low voice. “They not only chase away humans but half-breeds as well.” His words had gotten to her more than she had thought they would. Of course she knew that halflings were hunted at times, more so than not, and accepted mostly nowhere, but having a human taken under the wing of a few travelling elves while she herself was not even welcome to do such somehow hurt her pride, though she was obviously not going to say that out loud. There was no need to emphasize that her life was on the brink of falling apart almost every day, so she simply swallowed this and moved on. “It is a very nice bow actually. Did they ever explain what the carvings represent?” The runes had not escaped her attentive eyes and seeing Seth lightly stroke over the wood, her curiosity had been roused some more.

Siofra was about to protest when Seth hobbled towards the entrance to the cave but she knew as well that she needed some sleep, and he would rest his ankle while keeping watch in this spot anyway. Nobody should be coming for them any time soon, or at least so she hoped. Nodding to herself almost as he had already turned his back on her, she called after him: “Be careful where you set your foot.”

Soon after, she could already feeling her eyelids close but before she fell asleep another one of his phrases sprung back at her mind, namely that she proved elves and humans not to be that different from each other. It had been a weird statement seeing that both races were similar in appearance anyways, even though one might have a more elegant touch than the other. She wasn’t quite sure whether this was a good or a bad thing, the way Seth had phrased it and she was inwardly bracing herself against being back-stabbed. As of now, she would be even more careful again around him, just in case. And with that thought, she allowed her eyes to close completely and she drifted off into a light but still somewhat decent sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:59 am

Seth walked to the edge of the forest barely making a sound even with his sore ankle once at the edge of the forest he walked around edge of the forest looking for any sign of some one having passed recently finding none. Seth moved to a well covered spot just in from the tree line where he still had a decent view of the road and settled down to wait.

An hour or so later when it was truly dark, Seth heard galloping hooves a few minutes later he saw ten horses race by armed soldiers riding the beasts “the hunt is still on” Seth murmured to himself as he moved his foot to keep his ankle stiffening a few more hours and it would be time to trade the watches. A few minutes after the horses had passed out of hearing seth stood and made his rounds again checking the woods for any sign of life.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:52 pm

The faint sound of hooves drumming on the forest floor crept its way to Siofra’s ears and with a start she rose from her sleep, already tightly gripping the bow before she was completely on her feet. Yet her worry was unfounded as the horses kept running and didn’t even hesitate for a second in the proximity of the cave. The cave was pitchblack and the half-elf’s eyes only slowly adjusted to this but she decided there wasn’t much use to getting used to seeing in the dark cave now seeing that it was not yet time to relieve Seth from the watch and no immediate danger seemed to be about. Thus, she settled back down, huddled against herself to keep warm and as comfortable as possible, the bow still in her hand.

The next time she awoke, she already felt much better and less tired. Picking up her bow and quiver which were all still in the same spot where she had left them, she made her way slowly towards the cave entrance, letting her hand trace along the wall. Why they hadn’t thought of putting up some kind of light for themselves in the depths of the cave, she could not remember. It was hardly possible to see that from the outside and it would have made her life a lot easier right about now. Grunting, she continued her journey along the wall until she reached the mouth of their current habitation and took a deep breath of the fresh night air before she kept completely quiet, trying to figure out whereabouts Seth was and to see whether there was anyone else around. She was fairly certain Seth would have heard her come out, with the peaceful quietness of the nightly hours there was not much to be heard apart from both of them, and with that thought she looked towards where she could hear the faint breathing of someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Seth stepped out of the darkness “I saw some horsemen pass almost defiantly Fredric’s men they must be searching for us. Why would they be hunting us so thoroughly though!” he shook his head lifting the weight off his ankle he flexed it for about the millionth time that day “I think it’s your watch now” yawning he said “I could use the rest. My ankle is getting better a little rest and I will be ready to go.”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 am

“I really do not know why they are hunting us, or rather why I even got included into that hunt, other than the fact that I was supposed to be taken out after I had ended your life.” Shrugging, she continued: “We will find out sooner or later.” Siofra wanted to add that he should go and rest now, when he already said the words himself, so she simply nodded in response, glad that in the dark her raised eyebrow was not noticeable when he mentioned that his ankle was already much better. It wasn’t that she did not believe him but she was fairly certain that he would need more than just the one rest before they could move on, before he could put much more weight onto his ankle than just the little once in a while when he was moving from one spot to the other.

The next day passed in much the same rhythm. While one was keeping watch, the other was either resting or hunting for food and they tried to keep out of sight as much as possible though there didn’t seem to be many people traveling this road bar a few farmers that headed to a market somewhere down the road with their wares very early on the third morning. Siofra was about to move out for another round when suddenly she could hear the drumming of hooves coming towards their direction. Siofra immediately jumped up and angled her way into a nearby tree, one she had discovered on one of her nightly prowls to have nicely hanging branches just above a little stone hill close to the cave, so it was easy to get into the crown to have a wider view. As soon as she was up, she noticed the armour on the riders and she didn’t take more time than that before making her way back down, jumping the rest of the way and hurrying towards the cave, calling for Seth in a low but urgent voice.

~((I hope you don’t mind that I fastforwarded time a little ^^ ))~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:12 am

Seth stepped out of the darkness of the cave mouth “what’s all the shouting about?” he asked clearly making an attempt at humour, his eyes ranged over the ground behind her in his hand was his bow strung an arrow knocked to the string. He could hear the hooves as they trampled the forests undergrowth Seth imagined he could even hear the jangling of armour and blades. “how many? What kind of armour? Plate or chain?” he had an arrow or two that could punch through plate mail, chain mail was easier to punch through his bow was powerful enough but there was always the chance that the chainmail would turn one of his arrows. It might be better if they simply melted into the forests and they could watch the men maybe glean some information from them.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:58 am

As it turned out, Seth was already on his way out of the cave with his bow on the ready when Siofra impatiently called for him a second time. She narrowed her eyes at his joke and would have given him an equally mocking reply if this hadn’t struck her as rather serious. “There’s seven of them and it looks to me as if it’s plate armour they’re wearing. Relatively dark in the colouring. Heavy battle horses from the sounds of it, which in my eye makes their numbers look a little small and I’m guessing they’re only an appetiser of what might follow them a couple of days behind.” The half-elf didn’t like the sound of her own words but what she had seen let her conclude exactly that, and the two of them would probably not be able to defeat them, even if there were only seven. Plate armour was nothing to joke with and if they were by any chance sent out to find Seth and whoever was with them, then they’d be prepared for an attack with arrows. “We’d go good to get out of here,” she added, her tone suggesting that she wanted to get a move on as quickly as possible. Though she did take the few seconds it took to dash back into the cave and get the rest of her belongings. The horses had come a good way closer by the time she re-emerged from the dark mouth, but they were going at a steady trot, so it would take the riders another few minutes to reach the cave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next