Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:04 am

Seth nodded “we need to move then. What do you think the chances are of hiding nearby till they make camp, if we can hide till the early morning it wouldn’t be hard to sneak in and borrow some horses, scatter the rest?” Seth was moving already even as he spoke, he was thinking aloud and looking for some input from Sofia she had seen the men she would have a better idea than Seth of what their capabilities were. Seth was steadily moving away from the cave mouth there was nothing they could do about the clear signs of habitation in the cave they didn’t have the time, but seth was careful with his feet leaving little to no sign of his passing it was better now to be invisible rather than quick.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 am

The idea of stealing horses definitely was not a bad one, she had to admit, but even as she was considering it, she was already shaking her head. “No, it wouldn’t do us any good. These are heavy horses, bred for combat, and a get-away on them would not be quick and they would definitely be picked out far too easily wherever we went. Most likely nobody would even want to trade them in for a lighter set of horses.” The half-elf followed Seth as he weaved his way through the trees, away from the cave and the oncoming men. “Though I do agree on the part that we should get ourselves a pair of horses,” she continued. This was obviously the moment where she could kick herself for not bringing her horse in the first place, but she generally avoided something as easily visible as a horse when stealth was required, as in the case of a job like the one this little adventure had initially started out as.

“There is a post station somewhere nearby, though I’m not quite sure where exactly since I’ve never had to use it. We should be able to get a few there. Otherwise…,” she trailed off at the thought that next crossed her mind. She didn’t particularly enjoy the thought of stealing their means of transportation from a poor farmer, so she didn’t even suggest it. They would find horses somewhere without having to make the poor even poorer. “Doesn’t your king have men stationed somewhere around here where we could get horses, or borrow them if need be?” Siofra was still following behind Seth, carefully helping him to watch out that their tracks would not be readable, at least not as long as they had not a very skilled tracker, which from the looks of the men, Siofra doubted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 pm

Seth shook his head “no no one.... unless some small raiding party’s have moved forwards yet, if the rest of the scouts returned to the army at the scheduled time...” Seth frowned as he did some quick calculations “the bulk of the army will have just started to move out and they should be crossing the border today meaning the raiding party’s should be a little deeper in than you and I are right at this moment. There really is no way to tell; to start with I wasn’t deeply involved with routes of the raiding parties since they were supposed to be acting mostly as force recon. “ seths voice was low as they crept through the forest he couldn’t bring himself to speak in a normal voice even though he was sure no one would hear them by now, “what I want to know is how they found us? Was it just luck? Or could they have tracked us here.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:16 pm

As they continued to make their way through the forest, getting further and further away, Siofra listened to Seth’s speculations and wondered how high the chances were that they would bump into one of the friendly raiding parties, if they were still friendly towards Seth, which Siofra secretly wondered. While sitting her watches, she had regularly let her thoughts circle around the same thing, namely why he was supposed to be eliminated and why she herself was supposed to get taken care of at the same time. Seth’s next words brought her back to the present, and with just as low a voice she replied:

“I don’t think they tracked us here, they probably just happened to ride through by chances. Groups such as these are not trackers, neither are they hunters. Might be a raiding party of some kind. Or something entirely different.” It was that last idea that sent chills down Siofra’s spine because they didn’t really know what to expect should that group of riders ever catch up to them. Though of course, the two were carefully making sure that exactly this would not happen, they could not afford to be caught. They continued on their path for another few hours until they were far enough away from their starting point and had increased the distance between themselves and the riders enough to rest peacefully for a while. “I’m not even sure the riders are still on the same track as we are,” Siofra frowned. The feeling of impending doom was still hanging above her head like a sword about to strike down but she couldn’t pinpoint why that was. Everything seemed quiet, and there seemed to be no living soul around apart from the few animals that had not disappeared with the presence of the two humans. “What do we do now?”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Seth lent against a tree his map sat in his lap as it had for a few minutes now. Moving forwards seth laid the map down “here come see this” he pointed to the edge of a forested spot on the map. “as close as I can tell we’re here” his finger trailed a curving line along the forest edge “it will add about a day to the travelling time but we will be able to hide much more easily if we are on the edge of the forest, have you ever tried to lose a trail in the fields by a road it isn’t fun at all.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:29 pm

When her travelling companion beckoned her over, Siofra got up from where she had been sitting, staring out into the forest, and moved over to Seth, crouching down next to the map over which he was trailing his finger. There wouldn’t be many more possibilities for them to escape, if they were indeed being trailed, in not too long and they would definitely have to come up with a new idea. At his words however, she incredulously raised an eyebrow. He had not seriously just asked that? She could hardly believe it was an honest question and hoped it had merely been a rhetorical one, but nevertheless she replied, in a somewhat condescending tone: “Of course I know how hard that is.” Considering her line of work it was hardly a surprise that she had had many a tail on her which she had to get rid of sooner or later. “I’ve been doing this for quite some time, you know?” Shaking her head lightly, she focused her eyes back onto the map and asked: “Is there no other way then to cut through the open land day after tomorrow?” According to the map she didn’t see many other choices, other than doubling back, which might proof not to be such a bad idea in the end, thus she voiced that thought: “How about doubling back? Maybe they won’t consider such an option and we could escape their grasp easily enough. If they are indeed hunting us, which I’m still not entirely convinced of. They don’t have a tracker…” It was that latter part that made her uneasy. What if there was a tracker, maybe even close by, and they simply hadn’t noticed it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 am

Seth shook his head violently “no! I need to get back, something is going on. Seth ran his finger back across the map a little, ” I suppose if we travelled quickly we could reach this point here a few hours from now, once there we can rest up and cut across here in the dark of night” he slashed another line along the map with his finger. Seth frowned though “when I passed here last time there were some workers building something... I’m thinking it might have been a fort given the way my luck been running, we should be ok” Seth looked up at the sky “I don’t think we have to worry about moon light” he pointed to a little charcoal square “see it’s here we should be fine, i doubt they will have patrols at night, more importantly i cant even be sure if the forts complete and manned yet. It will save some time off our trip.” Seth stood looking the way they had come “and if were being trailed we need to make haste, I don’t care how heavy their horses were they will catch up eventually and if they don’t, by the time I get to the border the war could well be over if we keep back tracking and stoping.” Seth had been growing more and more impatient as time went by he was late to report and he had a growing fear of what may have happened to the other scout, it was clear from Sofia’s presence that his being discovered was no coincidence he wondered if it was just him or all the scouts that had been targeted.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:57 am

“Clearly, something is going on, and it would help to know what, but I’m fairly certain it will be quite a while before we even get an inkling of a hint towards what the bigger scheme is here.” It was annoying the half-elf as much as it was annoying Seth, but there was nothing they could really do about this in their current situation and they simply had to make due with the fact that they were tapping in the dark. “I agree, the cover of the night should be enough to get us far enough across the plains without being seen and followed.” The worry was clear in her voice for once even though her face remained pretty much in the same set mask it had been most of the time until now.

Siofra didn’t really believe that they were going to be alright if they were actually building a fort or anything in the likes in that area because it would most likely mean that there would soldiers milling around and patrols would probably be everywhere, even at night, but she didn’t say anything. Though of course she was not one not to try this. It was definitely going to be far more interesting than being cornered by her so-called employer about why the hell she had not finished off the target. “Alright, well if you seem to be so sure of all this and clearly want to get back to your king’s lap, let’s go!” She couldn’t help putting in the snippy comment, and even though she knew that it was important for him to get back, he would be off far worse now if it hadn’t been for her, but she didn’t say it. In a way, she did understand him, but she was still her after all, thus she simply pulled her hood deeply into her face again and motioned for Seth to lead the way.

~((Didn’t we talk about capitalisation and punctuation? >.< :-p))~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:26 am

Seth took the lead moving quickly his eyes scanning the ground and his surroundings as he moved his mind was a whirl double checking his calculations the fort wouldn’t be finished he was sure. Normally a garrison wouldn’t be moved in till after the fort was completed but with his luck he wasn’t counting on that.

Seth stopped kneeling on the floor his hand hovering over little more than a scuffmark in the dirt “were close to the fort, maybe even parallel with it. Lets look over here” he motioned with his hand off the to left and moved in that direction half crouched his hand on his sword hilt. After passing a few meters Seth stood at the edge of a worn path through the forest. “Dam this wasn’t here when I passed through” the path looked new everywhere though were the heavy hoof prints of battle horse “I think they might be patrolling…” Seths shoulders slumped at yet another set back to his plan he was beginning the fear escape was impossible.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:15 am

The path Seth had stumbled across looked indeed rather fresh even though already very well worn for being so newly trampled. It spoke volumes of the amount of times it had been tread on and Siofra could only agree with Seth’s fear of the patrols. “We’ll have to be even more careful now, just in case they’re not only patrolling with battle horses.” Maybe they had already made that fatal mistake and somewhere above them there was a lone patrol snickering at their stupidity and waiting for the perfect moment to drop down on them. With the advantage of surprise and coming from above, it might not make much of a difference that they were two against one in such a case.

The half-elf didn’t much care for the fact that their situation seemed to grow harder and more difficult to escape by the minute. Yet, they would have to try and make a break for it either way. “If they are actually using heavy battle horses for patrols as well, they will make a lot of noise as was unmistakable earlier on when they came down the forest road. We will have to use that to our advantage and try to slip past under cover of darkness.” Of course, they would also have to hope for a clouded night; otherwise the moon might give them away as soon as they stepped out of the tree line.

“Let us find a hide-out for the remaining few hours before nightfall, where we can rest a bit and have a bit of a view. Then we can make a run for it as best as we can when it is dark. It doesn’t look like there’s much else to do at the moment, other than observe our surroundings and see if we can gain some more information.” At least, from her point of view, there wasn’t, but maybe Seth had something else in mind that he wanted to get done or checked out as well. Scouting could entail many things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:24 am

Seth nodded his eyes riveted to one of the deeper imprints left by the battle horses that had passed through recently his entire body screamed defeat his shoulders slumped his head down. After a moment Seth straightened his back shook his head and turned to move back into the forest, “your right we need to find a hide for the rest of the day.” Seth looked at the Sky or what he could see of it through the canopy “once we find a good spot I suggest we split up scout out the forest a little more just for a little bit after which we can rest up for our busy night.”

It didn’t take long for him to find a small clearing thickly ringed by trees hiding it from casual surveillance “this will do nicely” they could have some better cover but they only needed to spend a few hours and he hadn’t seen any tracks for a long while now.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:06 am

Seth’s downcast attitude didn’t’ escape the half-elf’s attention but she neither said nor did anything, knowing that it would only be a matter of minutes at the most before he would regain his senses and his courage. As a scout and a hunter, there was always a time where one thought it would never get better again, probably in any other line of work as well, but it always improved again, even if sometimes that simply took ages. Nothing was lost in their situation even though they were in a bit of a pickle, surrounding by heavy battle horses, a nearly-finished garrison close by and probably a few look-outs and assassins roaming the trees but they were still alive, not yet discovered or hunted. All in all, they could be worse off, much worse.

Once they reached a rather decent hiding place not too far away from where they would afterwards try to escape these woods, Siofra nodded in response to Seth’s words. “This will indeed do nicely for the small amount of time we’re going to spend here.” The lack of tracks seemed to be a good sign for now so she didn’t object to them splitting up to scout out the area a little. “Alright, I’ll see you back here in two hours latest,” she agreed, and with that slipped away into the forest. By the time they would be meeting up again, they could rest for a couple hours more, have a bit of food before they would make a run for it at full dark. Any time sooner and they would be compromised if there were indeed patrols at night as well.

Everything seemed quiet, too quiet in Siofra’s opinion, but of course she was biased by the notion of feeling observed because she was fairly certain that someone was out there that was not riding a heavy combat animal to give away movement. The question was how to find them without being spotted herself. In a long arch, she doubled back towards the garrison Seth had pointed out to be in these parts and the half-elf stalked through the trees and their shadows as much as possible, until she stumbled back upon a rather worn path, which had been left by patrols on horseback.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 am

Seth skulked through the forest listening his eyes searching the ground and the horizon looking for some sort of hope even though he was having a hard time thinking of anything that might give him hope although he couldn’t fathom what that might be. Eventually he made his way to the edge of the forest , standing in the shadows of the trees he watched the fort the walls were complete and he could see lookout towers on the four compass points of the fort they were still being constructed but clearly the fort was close to completion another blow to Seth’s confidence came when he saw a squad of horsemen filing out of the fort. Seth waited till the horses were out of site and he disappeared into the forest and making his way quickly back to the clearing he and Siofra had separated in.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 am

The next step she took, Siofra knew something was going to happen soon and she had not even finished the thought when suddenly someone jumped down at her from the branches of a tree, a knife trying to stab at her. Lucky for her, her instincts had warned her about such an event, her hair still standing straight on her neck at the prickling feeling of foreboding; thus, she was able to keep the knife had bay from her body, only receiving a light scratch on her shoulder before she finally managed to throw it out of his grip. As she was now wrestling around on the floor with the man who was attacking her, the half-elf cursed as he finally gained the upper hand and soon had her pinned to the floor, a mischievous grin spreading over his face. Why had she not paid better attention and listened to her senses? She had known this would happen, why had she not prevented it?

Considering to call out for Seth to come help her, she dismissed this idea as she did not want to endanger him as well, unsure of what it was this man was going to do with her. Maybe she could still manage to wriggle out of his grasp when he was not paying attention, though that seemed as if it was not going to happen anytime soon. He was examining her features very closely and Siofra soon grew not only weary but rather scared of the man. “What do you want from me?” she hissed at him, but he only shushed her and continued looking at her face, as if comparing to something.

The half-elf could only guess what was going on behind his forehead but nothing in his face gave away why exactly he was studying her so closely. “What do you want?!” she now shouted at him, wondering if it was loud enough for Seth to hear but not loud enough to alert any more guards. “Would you be quiet!” the man simply growled but she would have none of it and started fighting him more vigorously again. With one last annoyed glance at her, he sighed and used her own hand, entangled in his grasp, to hit her over the face and knock her unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)   medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

medieval fantasy (wargh X eldar)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3