Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:11 pm

“I, erm, I think I probably did fall off the cliff. I’m still a bit muddled though – it was a long way down!” Llarria smiled warmly. She really didn’t remember the fall though. She’d have to think that over. “And I haven’t a clue where we are – I ain’t been through here before. “ she added unhelpfully. But what else could she do? She was just as stuck as the rest of them - maybe more until she found out how she’d gotten there.

“If nobody wants t’fly, we can probably just head in the direction of the cliff – the woods have to clear near there.” she suggested, hoping it wasn’t clear that she was so curious about the place. She could go back later, of course, but it seemed safer to go with the others, if they were willing, just in case there was someone who especially disliked her there (which wasn’t unlikely due to her odd line of work). Plus it was true that cliffs tended to have less trees, which would give them more of a chance to get their bearings without risking the flight up through the canopy.

--

“Yes, head to the cliff and all the rest – let’s just get /moving/. These damned bugs are driving me mad.” Dyavol shouted so that at least the nearest few dragons could hear him, “The cliff doesn’t look far.” He hated that rainforest, and couldn’t wait to get back into insect-free territory. He didn’t care how the giant, ground-scorching dragon had gotten there, but if following her trail would get them out of the woods, he was happy to follow. Plus, wherever she stood the bugs seemed to stay away so that they didn’t get burnt.

Temero was a familiar, so Dyavol hovered a little nearer the wolf dragon. He didn’t care much for the opinions of others, so he was happier around another ME dragon, even if they didn’t speak. “So, everyone ready? let’s just go!” he said impatiently, hovering back and forth a little and swishing his tail, grinning whenever he speared a fly.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Hone’s adventure through the rainforest was going to be a lot less fun if the rest of the group decided to leave her behind- suddenly having wings, but not being able to use them, seemed like not a very good thing. It had never bothered her before, they had always been just a nice warm blanket, and little more. But at Fenrir’s reassurance, she felt a little better, and fonder of the wolf dragon too. After being so gruff and grumpy until now, there was actually a cheerful streak in him somewhere! She shuffled a little closer to him, waving her tail cheerfully from side to side.

“I’ve ne’er been here either. Ista adventure!” she said cheerfully, restored to her normal self. She turned her bright gaze on Llarria, looking up at the much bigger dragon, then shrugged.
“T’cliffs sound geet good, let’s gar there. An’ then… somewhere else. Does it matter?” Everything was one big game, and it wasn’t as if any of them seemed to have anything else to do. Giving the others a smile, she turned in the direction of the cliffs, ruffling her wings a little now they had a new goal. Maybe they would find the person who had shoved Llarria off up there? They must be very big, and very durable, to push such a huge lava dragon. Very very durable- Hone would have still been squealing from the heat if she had tried touching the lava’s side. But from where she was, the heat was very nice indeed.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 am

Fenrir was fighting hard, very hard, not to move away those few steps again that the lash dragon had just shuffled closer to him, but even he knew that he could just not be that rude right then. So he simply suffered the consequences of his mouth having slipped and tolerated Hone’s proximity. For now.

Dyavol on the other hand, now that dragon was more to his liking. Just as pleased by the bugs than he was. Maybe they should band together and make a run for it.
“The cliff sounds good indeed. Anything to get us out of this horrible place!” Fenrir muttered in accordance to what not only the lava dragon had suggested but the lash and butterfly seemed to agree to.

Without even waiting for a reply of the others, he followed suit at Dyavol’s outcry to just get moving because he was thinking exactly the same. Either they followed or they didn’t, but the wolf dragon was longing for a respite of the constant buzzing which he would surely still be able to hear weeks after he had left the rainforest. Horrible, horrible time. Really.
Plus, this would finally remove him from Hone’s closeness again as well. The brightly coloured dragon was far too cheery for him and any excuse to get away from her was good.

Making a beeline for the cliff was Fenrir’s idea, but of course the path was obstructed by many more obstacles such as trees and vines and plants and whatnot, and soon enough the wolf dragon wanted to sink his teeth into the next best tree trunk to rid himself of at least a fraction of his frustration.
At least, they were on the move again, though now he was in the lead – was that a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm

With the others seeming to generally agree, Llarria began to plod along her way, taking her time so the smaller dragons could easily keep up. Plus she didn’t really like to move all that quickly unless it was absolutely necessary. Fenrir, the wolf dragon, was ahead, and her general plan was to bring up the rear, but she wasn't sure how well she would keep to that. Hopefully whatever had happened at the cliffs earlier wouldn’t be any problem now, and whoever was responsible had moved on, but with no memory of the event Llarria couldn’t tell for sure.

She took great care to keep her skin cool and avoid wilting too many plants in the woods. That kept her rather busy all by itself, but she couldn’t help but notice how grumpy Fenrir seemed- especially around the lash dragon. She had never bothered about disagreeing with other dragons, since her own personality was calm enough most of the time. And some of them carried gold, and it was easier to persuade them to part with some of it if they were on good terms.

--

Dyavol was not pleased with the generally slow pace they were keeping through the trees, but he was glad enough that he could at least keep up. Small mercies. There was a reasonably clear path, but it was all twisty and horrid, and the insects seemed to be following them down it. Wretched things. He hissed at a bluebottle, and decided to keep a little bit closer to the ground. He stayed near the front, with Fenrir. He wasn't in the mood for the cheery sorts following them, and just wanted out.

“Oh come on, couldn’t we just go straight through? This path’s overgrown enough, so it can’t be much worse to take the fast route.” He complained. Maybe it was just easy for him because he was above the mess of vines on the ground, but it still annoyed him.

Grumbling under his breath, he fluttered over the path and sprung off a tree, his wings not yet tired, but still starting to ache. The little boost sent him over Fenrir’s head and to the front for a second before he fell back into the line.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 am

The rainforest did not let up any in its thickness as they set off in the direction that Llaria had (supposedly) come from. The fact that it was so thick though seemed strange, when she was such a large dragon and had made quite the mess of the new ‘clearing’ now behind them, but Hone pushed it aside. What did logic matter when there was an adventure to be had! Thing were strange and exciting enough as they were; after some huge beast that could topple a lava dragon and not get burnt, but similarly disappear into the forest like it had not been there at all in the first place. Intriguing stuff!

She pottered along in the middle of the group they made up now, following Fenrir brightly despite the branches and leaves he kept pinging back into her face- intentionally or not. The wolf dragon was so grumpy, after a thick swathe of leaves hit her full in the face, Hone decided that that one at least must have been deliberate.
And so a new game was born; avoid the evil poison packages the grand wicked high-wolf dragon Fenrir threw to stop the valiant hero Hone from advancing and rescuing the… the unknown… thing at the end.

“So, so this thing y’got pinged across t’forest by,” she turned back to Llaria briefly, when there seemed to be a bit of a respite in evil poison packages being thrown (Level up! Round 2). “D’jur know anythin’ about it, see it, or… or yanoo, talk t’it, or well, see it?”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:36 am

These leaves! Plants! Roots! Insects! Aaaargghhh!!!!

Inside his head, Fenrir was screaming; outside he looked like life had been feeding him lemon after lemon for the past half hour. No matter how much greenery he pushed through, more kept popping up in front of him! It was indescribably frustrating!

The only advantage the futile endeavour of dodging greenery was the fact that the lash dragon regularly seemed to stop them with her face. As grumpy as he was, this did not fail to amuse Fenrir, to a certain degree at least. The second her voice sounded however, he cringed again, but luckily she wasn’t addressing him.

Dyavol was still dancing around at the front as well, purposefully avoiding the rest of the group as well, not in a much better mood than the wolf dragon himself. The grumpy pair continued making its way through the shrubbery, more or less elegantly. Fenrir didn’t think it necessary to reply to the butterfly dragon’s complaint since he was thinking the same and there was hardly anything they could do about it.

All of a sudden, a tree crashed down just in front of Fenrir’s nose, making the dragon jump several feet into the air in shock. “Whaaaaaa..?!” The backlash of air, leaves and plants was disgusting, showering Fenrir, and panting like crazy at just having narrowly escaped being squashed to mousse, the wolf dragon kept inhaling insects and coughing them back up again. “What just happened?!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?   Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Antics in the rainforest; which way is the sunshine?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3