Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)

Go down 
+7
Stormkatz
Eliza
Artemis
Eldarwen
Tegan
Aero
Zay
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

(East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 pm

When he had slammed his leg into Talos, he had not expected the man to fall straight on top of him. Neither, however, had he expected the elf to suddenly go bestial on the avian and bite his leg as if he wanted to swallow it whole.

His first reaction was to laugh at the whole situation and a chuckle almost spluttered out but immediately died down again when Talos began to awkwardly shift around on him and suddenly sat in his lap, trying to grapple with the elf once again. The avian was sadly keeping his weight exactly where Armeno had just hit the prince and thus the latter groaned in pain, immediately rolling over onto his side, propelling the avian off of his lap with the motion as he tried to make the pain stop, at the same time gasping for air.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Despite the fact that all three of them were wearying, Talos' blow had a surprising amount of power behind it and Armeno was thrown round onto his back again. The taste of the avian's blood in his mouth was unfamiliar, his body's confusion at the flavour drawing him from his frenzy and bringing a generous dose of horro with it. His eyes travelled over the other two, sitting in a heap... The ring of toothmarks on Talos' leg... The huge crowd who were gaping at them with fascination.

Armeno sucked in a breath through it teeth and let it out in a gush of vibrant elvish curses, climbing to his legs with an additional burst of the strange-sounded words as the pain from the many, many bruises he had gained washed through him. He wasn't entirely sure what Talos and Atleon were planning on doing next, so to be safe he grabbed Talos before the avian could react too much and dragged him off Atleon's lap.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Relieved as he was that the elf was no longer doing his best imitation of a rabid dog, Talos didn't get a chance to revel in the newfound freedom of his leg. He was staring at the sky, the consistent rain washing away some of the mud that had splattered on his face even as his back was awash in a new layer of mud. He started to roll to his feet only to suddenly find himself being dragged along by Armeno. While that got him on his feet, it also left him off-balance. Talos grabbed Armeno's forearm in return, using what little strength he had left to bring his knee up in the fork of the elf's legs, shoving the man away immediately after and stood, if a bit unsteadily, his wings flared for balance. "Now we're even." He spat blood on the ground, running his tongue over his cheek where he'd bit the inside of it.

For the first time he noticed the crowd that had been gathering, watching the three wrestle around in the mud like lunatics and flushed with embarrassment. Great. Now everyone probably thought they were absolutely insane. Just what he needed on his record when trying to muster confidence in the people. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:09 pm

“Aye, aye, he’s here!” chirped Hone, feeling even more pleased with her surprise now Zeal had made such a good response to it. Ooh, it was always so much better when someone was properly surprised! It wasn’t even like she was joking either- he was right back at the Everbridge, all shiny and prince-like and just how Hone had always imagined him to be. She swished her tail back and forth in pleasure at Zeal’s praise, accidentally side-swiping one of the men standing next to her with a bit of a thump. “Oops, sorry.”

“Mmm, tha’ sounds like a geet good plan Zeal! He was real nice too, didn’t say nothin’ about me bein’ so dirty an’ muddy an’ all. I think he liked me!” She couldn’t hide the proud grin on her face, showing all her white teeth. As the rest of her patrol readied themselves and their cart, she bounced around, being of no use at all, and generally doing what she did best- be peppy and in-the-way. It was her moment in the spotlight, and she wasn’t going to let them down!
If only she had thought to note down which way she had come back to the Elites from the Everplains. But… it was her chance to shine! Zeal couldn’t know… she just decided to try and lead them back to the Everbridge anyway, hoping she would pick the right direction. If that failed, then maybe they had left some muddy footprints to follow?

==X==

Wirran was old, but he knew his way around horses well, which was why he had been put in charge of the little group of cavalry that Armeno had managed to scrounge together after the battle at Racksom. Although, he had to despair at the recruits that they had- were these really the best riders that Racksom had had to offer? Honestly, he had seen better farmboys ride their father’s cart-horses than this motley group. Of course, there were a couple who showed promise, but that was by no means all of them, and there was a helluva lot of work he had to do.

“No no, you don’t drag the poor beast around, you guide him!” This was getting ridiculous, he needed more than just him to teach these men! Seeing a potential recruit lingering on the edge of his little area he had taken for teaching his “students”, he beckoned over to him, waving one hand.
“Hey, you there! Know anything about horses?”
((Wirran is an NPC just so Kat has someone to react to, he'll be disappearing off later on again Wink )
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 8:15 am

Feeling the weight of the avian lift off of him, Atleon tried to take in a few deep breaths without getting too much mud stuck in his throat. It was literally everywhere and he felt like he had been in a battle for ages after this brief but exhausting fight.
When he finally scrambled to get to his feet as well to stand next to Talos and Armeno, he realised that they were looking rather shocked at the small – well not quite that small – audience which had gathered around them. They were standing there, watching them, stunned into silence with mouths agape and eyes wide open. It would have been a funny side, had they not been staring at the mud-covered trio.

Clearing his throat, he went to clean off the mud on his bare torso. Alas, it was of no use, with every stroke to get it away, he was just smearing it more over himself. Thus, he tried to act as though this was the most normal thing to happen and there was nothing extraordinary about the situation at all.
“Gentlemen, I think we should talk business,” he said to the elf and the avian with a formal nod. With an open look at the audience before turning back to the two, he added: “These people need to be assigned more jobs it seems. Clearly, they have too much time on their hands.” The tone was clear: it was not an accusation of either Talos or Armeno, rather it was a rebuke for the people observing them. “There are more important things to be done rather than stand around and stare.”

With a quick gasp and lots of whispers, the audience quickly made to disperse, not wanting to conjure up another wave of rage, this time directed at them. The prince might not be known as someone who easily lost his temper but they knew better than to provoke him now.
Inwardly, Atleon had no more space left for anger, rather, he felt empty and not just a little ashamed to have lost it so completely. After all, the first punch had been his.
“My apologies, Talos and Armeno, I did not mean for this to get so drastically out of hand.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:55 pm

When Talos grabbed his arm, Armeno assumed that it was only to gain his balance and helped to pull the avian onto his feet. The last thing he expected was a knee in his groin. His face contorted with outrage and pain as he doubled over, gasping but determined to stay on his feet. He took most of a minute to recover before slowly straightening, nodding in agreement to Atleon.
'Nor did I...' His tone, however, clearly implied that he thought he wasn't the one at fault. He waited until all the crowd had dispersed before taking a couple of steps towards Talos, wiping the worst of the mud off his face. 'While my words before the fight may have been rash and poorly reasoned, I hold my opinion that you are not suitable for the position you hold. Continuing to attack me even in cold blood? Your temper is not going to do good things for our cause.’ He glared down at the avian for another second, annoyed that he couldn’t communicate in his native tongue, before stepping away again to look calmly at Atleon. ‘I think we do need to talk business,’ he agreed, trying to ignore the pain which demanded his attention from all over his body. ‘Where would you like to begin, Prince?’ The human, at least, had shown some self-control and Armeno was leaning more and more towards him- though from now on, he resolved to be more civil with Talos. He needed to be on good terms with the man- especially if he managed to bring Kassandra to DDC. The thought was an uneasy one, and he pushed it away for now. Not important at the moment.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Talos had to give the prince credit. If there was one thing that he was good at, it was giving speeches and acting like nothing at all was wrong. In fact, it took him a bit of effort to not gape at how effective he was at dispersing the crowd, too tired and muddled in the mind to care that he'd taken charge of the rodeo again. The apology was what finally got him, and he did openly gape. "Uh… urrr, yeah, me too, I guess…" He wasn't entirely convinced, of course, he was still a bit mildly shocked at the quick turn around of the conversation and wanted nothing more then to go climb in a hole somewhere and sleep for a week to let his brain catch up with his body. If anybody could be the king of mood killers at that moment though, it would of course had to have been Armeno.

He glared at the elf right back, too tired to summon the urge to punch the fairy-boy in the face again. "Tch, thanks for yer two cents. I'll bury 'em somewhere an' hope it sprouts a money tree." Dragging in a large breath, he let it go in a blustery sigh and smeared some mud to a lower level of density off his forehead, slicking his mud-encrusted hair back so that at least it was out of his eyes. They all looked a mess. It was almost funny. He might of grinned, but if he did then he didn't consciously do it. "We should begin with what to do wif' these people." Talos gestured broadly to the camp to the side of them, the 'soldiers' milling around trying to figure out what to do. "Do we stay an' make fortifications, or do we continue runnin', or disperse, or what? If Zartear's gonna come an' try an' get the rest of the Cove, then I figure he'd probably try an' come through here, but…" He looked at their fortifications made of hastily cut timber. It looked more like a beaver dam than a proper fortress. "We ain't got the supplies or trainin' to pull off a victory if he comes rollin' through 'ere."
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:40 pm

When Lyrian started to growl, Tegan looked around the camp. Her eyes fell on the fight that seemed to go on between Talos, Atleon, and Armeno. Tegan shook her head, but stayed out of it. 'Let 'em get it out of their system,' she told Lyrian. The dragon only sighed but didn't move or interfere. 'They're making fools of themselves,' she warned Tegan. Tegan only nodded her head and shrugged. 'If it's what they have to do to get down to buisness, then so be it. I'm going to go see if I can help train some of these men with swords at least. It's all I know.' The elf leaped neatly off of her dragon's back and walked over towards a couple of men who were practice fighting. She stood and watched, not talking at all yet. She didn't want to be in the way yet.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Lena had been doing her own thing, keeping an eye on the people in the area when she first took notice of the fight breaking out between the boys. "Honestly?!" She said under her breath, angry now that they had been so quick to call the little spat between her and the elf 'childish'. She watched the fight is near amusement as they scuffled around in the mud, losing their shirts. She was a little surprised when it ended suddenly and wanted to laugh at how serious they sounded despite how they looked. She knew Talos was tired and this couldn't have helped one bit. Sighing gently, Lena pulled her water pack from her waist and walked over to Talos holding out for him to take it if he so wished. She knew they didn't want anyone around because it kept getting chaotic with so many voices but she wasn't about to stop herself from helping Talos. She fought besides Talos, AND Atleon countless times and if her mere presence is going to disturb their little man talk well then damn them. Out of no where she was edgy, and upset feeling like she wanted to cry. She had to be tired.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:55 pm

“Erm, not exactly…” Jackdaww said, looking up at the horse he was closest to dimly. Palace guards didn’t need to be able to ride, so he’d never learnt. Now he was regretting it. He looked up at the horse again, before turning to the man with a futile look on his face. He could see that Talos, the prince and Armeno were covered in mud, and suddenly shirtless, but other than raising an eyebrow in their direction he didn’t react to it. He had missed the fight, so he just shrugged off the strangeness of the aftermath.

“Do you have any, er, advice then?” he asked, since the man seemed to know what he was talking about. He didn’t recognise the man, but he seemed to have some sort of authority there, which meant he was as good a person to ask as any.

From across the camp, Measle watched Jackdaww in embarrassment, cringing like he had never cringed before. Jack seemed to have missed the fight between the prince, Talos and the elf (which Measle had been watching suspiciously from a respectable distance), but he still had no idea what he was doing. Hell, Measle himself probably stood a better chance of staying on horseback than his human did. He decided to stay where he was - not wanting to be seen as connected with Jackdaww for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Wirran huffed- another useless boy who thought he would make a good soldier, when all he was really good for was shovelling muck in a stable. Well, he couldn't rightly deny the boy- no doubt Armeno would catch him turning him down, and then who knew what sort of arguement would ensue. He didn't mind arguing, mind- it just took up valuable time he could be spending training those already under his wing, or taking a precious moment to relax. That was something he hadn't had the chance to do in a while!
"Well, I suppose it won't hurt to train you as well, we have a couple of extra horses," said the man gruffly, stepping briskly over to a nearby horse- a light chestnut gelding, pelt a strange mix of lights and dark shades of brown, and mane and tail tufty short. "This one's a bit unruly, but he's not too bad." Wirran hadn't given the horse out first time, because he wasn't sure any of the other riders could cope with anything more feisty than a placid cob. He led it over to where Jackdaww was standing, holding it's head still and waiting for him to mount up.
"It's easier to teach you in the saddle," he said, motioning with his head. "Up you get, I don't have time for dallying around."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Jackdaww nodded, slipping back to his obedient knight behaviour, which he had perfected while he was training with his sword. He looked up at the horse, and tried to figure out how to get onto it. He thought for a moment, before sort of leaping up so he was lying on his stomach over the creature’s back. He hauled himself up untidily, using the saddle almost as a handhold, and then turned around, feeling decidedly unsteady. That was probably not how he was supposed to get on, but he was up there now, and he certainly wasn’t about to get down and try again. He looked down, feeling a little giddy, and swallowed, before turning expectantly back to the man holding the horse.

“What next?” he asked shakily, clinging tight to the horse’s mane so that he didn’t fall off. Sitting on Measle’s back on the way into camp had felt a little like this, but lower down, which made him a little more comfortable, but Measle had spines to hold onto. A horse just had fuzz, as far as he could tell.

“What can I call you, by the way?” he asked as a side-note, trying to look nonchalant as he clung on to the poor horse for dear life. The horse twitched one ear, looking unimpressed, and shifted its weight a little, and Jackdaww clung on tighter, thinking to himself that he was /not/ a born rider.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 am

Must. Not. Intrude. Atleon had told him to wait, and wait he shall, though watching him fight with those two men made his spines stand on end, lips pulling back in a low snarl before he caught himself and shook his body loose of the tension, spines flattening to his body and face regaining a calmer countenance. Once he saw that Atleon was composing himself as well, he quickly strode over, tail high.

As soon as he was standing over the trio, he saw the dire state they were in. Bruised and muddy, it wasn't very flattering. Craning his neck back so he could reach his saddle-bags, he flipped them open and pulled out a slightly damp towel, then brought his head down to Atleon and nudged him with the towel. "Take this. You're a 'ness."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:05 pm

The prince was somewhat glad that both men accepted his apology without making more of a fuss, and if he had any strength left whatsoever to yell at the renewed bickering between the two, he would have done so, yet he could not care less at the moment. Plus, his attention was pulled in another direction anyways, when the hedgehog dragon came over towards the group and was quick to pull out a towel from one of his many saddlebags. Atleon gladly took the piece of cloth from the dragon, who graciously inclined his head down to the human’s level and presented his thanks to him. He couldn’t help but wonder who it had been to train this creature. It knew its place perfectly it seemed and was equipped for all sorts of incidents apparently. Atleon would definitely want to have a private word with the dragon when they could take a few minutes just for the two of them.
“May I enquire as to your name?” he asked, suddenly realising that he did not know it.

Turning back towards the group at the men’s respective words in order to continue the discussion both the avian and the elf had agreed upon, he noticed that Lena had reappeared again as well. The worry on her face was plain, which was understandable, but for a brief moment Atleon considered sending her away as there were far too many people involved once again and it had not lead to anything good the last time they had tried to start up this conversation.

When he took into consideration the avian’s words however, the prince nodded, forgetting about Lena and the hedgehog dragon for the time being, though he knew they were both listening intently and would most certainly add their opinion at some point. “No, we cannot stay here. No matter how tired we all are and how much of a break we need, we cannot stay here. Zartear is most definitely going to move on and he might do it soon already.” He nodded in approval to the rest of the avian’s words before adding. “There would be no gain from it anyways.” There was no need to add that they all knew what had happened the last time they had tried to do so, whether they had the necessary means for it or not.

“What we could do is disable the everbridge. It would be a terrible loss for us as well but there are always ways to cross the river if slightly more out of the way. Not too much is to be gained for us from the western side anymore now as word of Zartear’s force will have spread. People will flee if they haven’t already or have been captured or killed yet. Neither will we go back to attack. Thus, I suggest to cut them off here at Everbridge to impede Zartear’s advance.” Atleon turned around to the bridge itself in order to contemplate it. “It would be best done in a manner that is not easily spotted from afar, and preferably in a way that would hopefully lose the rebels a few hundred men. If the bridge were to break down once a portion of the army is on it to cross the river, that would be best. It wouldn’t do much damage to the rebel army, but it would slow them down a little, and most importantly it will send the message to Zartear that we are far from being defeated!”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Watching with a growing feeling of irritation as Lena and the dragon hovered around the two mud-encrusted men, tending them, Armeno waited impatiently for everyone to be done so that their discussion could begin. Eventually, though, Talos and Atleon got down to business, and the elf listened to their thoughts.

"Leaving is definitely our best option at this point," he agreed. "We need to reach somewhere more defensible, where we have supplies for this many people and we can gather the army to strike back at the Surahnians." He paused. "Or to defend ourselves, anyway. It’s a shame to destroy the bridge, but it’s logical. But as you say, Atleon, the best way to do it would be to take out at least some of their force at the same time." Tilting his head thoughtfully, he sorted through his knowledge of the bridge and the magic which held it up. It had been built to withstand pretty much anything, being the only way across the huge river below, and so wouldn’t be easy to damage- especially as it had been built so long ago and much of the knowledge of those spells had been lost. Nevertheless, it would hopefully be possible to undo at least some of the spells woven into its structure with the powers of all of the DDC’s mages. "What would perhaps be best if is we could just weaken it enough that it couldn’t take the weight of being full of people. If the first members of their army had almost reached the end when it broke, then they would lose a lot of people. It would also allow us to begin moving before they get here, which destroying it manually at the moment there are enough people on the bridge wouldn’t." But that would, of course, depend on the mages, who in some places had a reputation for being about as helpful as the Council. Dragons Cove really had become weak and non-vigilant in their long time of peace- and that was to be blamed more on the guardians than anyone else, Armeno thought. While any other leader of the island had come and gone, the guardians had been there to watch it become weak over time. And they weren’t being much help at the moment, either; maybe Silverwing had briefly turned up at Racksom, but he had been alone and apparently not powerful enough to turn things around for the defenders.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:44 pm

It was good that Jackdaww had made it into the saddle, and not had to ask for help, but Wirran still didn’t think there was much hope for this new recruit of his. He had hardly managed to mount the horse! Ah, he thought resignedly, don’t judge a book by it’s cover? At least he had managed to work out which way was forwards- one of his recruits had been so hopeless, the first time he had been horseback, he ended up backwards! His fellow students had thought it funny, but Wirran just despaired.
He called over another of his students, allowing them to dismount and sending them off in great relief so he could use their horse. It was a quieter beast, but that didn't mean Wirran was going to give it over to Jackdaww; the man looked quite... incompetent, in some respects, but he didn't want to give him too much of an easy ride. It was better for him to learn with a harder mount while they were in relative safety, rather than wait until what could potentially be another battle, and get himself killed due to Wirran's laxness. The older man's mounting was the complete opposite to Jackdaww’s scrabble onto his own horse, easily settling down in the saddle and taking up the reins with great familiarly.
“Tap your heels against Camar’s sides to make him walk forwards. That’s the horse’s name, Camar. Mine’s Wirran. You are?” He let the question hang, guiding his horse across to Jackdaww’s side so if the man somehow managed to get out of control, he could at least try and help. "Try it, nice and slowly now. We can build it up in a moment to a trot, if you're proficient enough." Wirran hoped he would be; it was depressing to have so many students, but none of them moving forwards.

((Lengthened this out a bit so you had some more to work with Kat, because I wasn't happy with it. Apparently the essay yesterday sucked my muse off this guy >.< Anyway, this is a bit better! :3))
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:59 pm

"Thank you." He murmured quietly to Lena so as not to disturb Atleon or Armeno while they were talking. He took the water she offered and gulped a mouthful, rinsing out the blood and mud that had gotten into his mouth while the Prince spoke. He had just spit the dirty water on the ground when Atleon mentioned destroying the bridge, which was probably a good thing because otherwise he probably would have sputtered it all over himself in shock. He didn't even care that he was gaping. "D-d-destory the Everbridge?" It took something of an effort to close his mouth, staring openly at the prince and the elf. He glanced to the bridge over his shoulder trying to imagine it gone. "Isn't it s'posed to last for… yanno… ever? I didn't think it could be destroyed. That bridge 'is been in folklore 'bout as long as the Guardians 'ave. If it ain't come down by now… An' how d'you plan on doin' it, anyway? I don't… well, I ain't an architect. I suppose we could ask who we've got on hand if they know anythin' 'bout ancient bridges."

*~*~*

Why in the name of the Guardians had she ever thought that allowing Hone to lead the way was a good idea? They had passed the same track of muddy forest at least three times before Zeal finally became frustrated enough to take matters into her own claws. Honestly, she should have known better, and she had berated herself over and over again silently after spotting the camp by taking flight and then leading her Elites and the farmer mob in the right direction. The rain was finally letting up a bit, which was good because everybody was completely soaked and splattered in mud already, adding to the misery.

A few minuets later and their caravan emerged into the clearing that the survivors of Racksom had settled. She took in the sight, noting the general cloud of gloom and doom hanging over the encampment and a general shuffling of bodies that indicated they had no real direction or purpose. However, as soon as they were spotted a cry of alarm when up. A small crowd gathered around them, meeting with the small group that had come with Hone initially and sort of milled around, some staring hopefully or with awe while others glared with obvious mistrust or even hatred. Zeal's blood ran cold at the sight of the people looking at her this way. The very citizens that she had sworn to protect looking upon her with such obvious ambivalence stung her heart. What had happened at Racksom to make them turn out this way?

"Greetings, I'm am Elite Patrol Leader Zeal. Can you please direct me to whoever is in charge, or else their proxy? I would like to be informed of the current situation before deciding what to do with my people." She gestured vaguely to the collection of armored humans and dragons following along in her wake.

The mob looked at each other in confusion for a while, none seeming to want to come forward and her heart sank lower. They didn't even know their chain of command. Before she could speak and try to sort out the mess herself, one man clutching a wooden handle that had a strip of wicked metal bolted and tied onto the end in a crude spear came forward. "Dunno if they'll talk to you, but come this way."

The sea of bodies parted as the man lead the way, watching with mixed expressions as the Elites made their way forward. As they walked Zeal noticed flags hung from the tree boughs with the royal colors. What did that mean? Was an envoy of the royal family here? Had someone come to collect the prince? They stopped a little distance away from a group of three men who looked like they'd seen better days, covered in mud like it was their business to do so. In that state, she couldn't have recognized the prince even if she tried, and so was unaware that the hedgehog dragon bowing his head near one of the mud-men was doing so because it was the man he'd come to collect. Standing straight, Zeal patiently waited to be recognized. Obviously the three were having some kind of conversation, and if they were the leaders, then she would follow military etiquette and wait her turn before rudely barging in.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:08 pm

Hone had thought she knew where she was going, she really did, but unfortunately her recollection of the route she had taken to the Everbridge had been forgotten. Darn those delicious musings of chocolate digestives! Even when she didn’t have any, and didn’t have any hope of getting any either, they still somehow managed to land her in trouble. No doubt Zeal would have something to say to her later in the day… that would be annoying, especially as they would be at the Everbridge by that time, and there would be so many new people for Hone to meet, and help!

She kept quiet as they finally got into the camp, trying to balance her conflicting thoughts of, “let’s go and meet new people!” and “they weren’t very nice last time, and Zeal might tell me off”, and not feel too disappointed by having to sacrifice one for the other. The circle of humans they were surrounded by didn’t seem too pleased to see them again though, and she opted for the second choice, smiling widely at the people nearest to her, but otherwise keeping to herself, playing with her claws and picking the mud out from under her claws. She started up jigging on the spot too as she got bored of waiting, probably looking mad from the strange dance she was doing.

They didn’t seem to get any closer to any resolution as they moved closer to the Prince and his companions; Hone was mildly interested by the banners that had appeared around the camp (she hadn’t taken the prince for one to be so blatant with the fact that he was here, and less so that it was more important to decorate the camp with his sigil in place of helping the people, but now the evidence said otherwise). What she was surprised about though was the fact that what had been the prince before… well, now he was coated in mud!
So maybe he wasn’t “all shiny and prince-like” any more, like she had described Atleon to herself in her head… And he looked really busy too. Zeal might have wanted to talk to him, and the others too, but Hone didn’t want to hang around for that long.

She sidled up to the big red rock dragon, staring intently up at her for a moment before speaking.
“Zeal, I’m bored, an’ there’s lots t’do here. We’ll gar an’ start fixin’ up t’camp, helpin’ t’people an’ all that like. They don’t look too happy, an’ they didn’t like me las’ time. If we gar an’ help, then they might be more nice, yeah?” She raised her voice and turned to the rest of her patrol. She knew it wasn’t her place, but when orders didn’t match up to the thing that was right, she was always going to ignore the orders.
Anyway, Zeal hadn’t specified for her to be quiet and hang around.
“Come on gang, let’s gar an’ help all these people!” she cried, fluttering her wings, spraying mud all over the place and shooing her friends and companions off in the way of hard work and usefulness. And of course, following after with all the excitement of a baby dragon.

((Exit the Elites!))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Atleon was glad they were finally all on the same page. “Yes, it was indeed supposed to last for ever,” the prince grinned in return at Talos’ surprised statement, “but like with any magic, if you have a powerful enough counterspell, you might be able to cancel out the old one. As Armeno has pointed out, we will need strong mages though, or rather gather the few magic sources we have here and simply try to make the best out of it; maybe send a few mages back here at some point, hopefully before the Surahnians appear at the Everbridge.”

Considering their options for a moment, the prince let his eyes roam through the camp and back to the bridge. There were a few people in the camp who might serve this purpose, but he was not sure how much strength any of them had left and how well they were able to use their magic as well. All they could do was hope for the best, really. “Alright, let’s plan this out more concretely,” Atleon suggested as he looked from one person to the next, including the dragon and Sandy as well, both of which had kept rather quiet for most of the time. “Armeno, would you be so kind as to fetch the chest I put into your care?”

With an almost amused gleam in his eyes, the prince remember how annoyed the elf had been at having to take care of the chest Atleon had confided to him. Said chest would now finally reveal some of its use. He knew that Siofra had stolen some of the important docs for Zartear, but he really hoped she had left the ones about the Everbridge.
The prince couldn’t be sure of what exactly was on the documents as he had never really bothered to look through them but it was common knowledge passed down along with the rest of his education that some of these documents contained important information which should never be lost or fall into enemy hands.
As Dragons Cove had been at peace for so many, many years, nobody had ever deemed it necessary to actually learn anything about the old lore, but Atleon had remembered just in time before Racksom had fallen, and despite everything that had happened, he was glad he had not failed in retrieving it.

As soon as the elf was back with the chest, Atleon opened the lock and began to explain what this was all about to the beings surrounding him. He had doubts himself as to whether or not they would find what they were looking for but for the time being, it was their best bet. At least they could try and figure out which kind of spells and which sort of power they had to counter if they were going through with their plan of destroying the Everbridge. His eyes briefly fell on Sandy, wondering if she had any other ideas in mind, seeing that her resources were rather considerable as well, especially in comparison to most ordinary members of their little group. He for one would listen to anything she had to say, and he hoped that without uttering the exact words, she would understand this merely by the look in his eyes.

Eventually, the prince would not only pull aside the hedgehog dragon to talk things through, but also take the time to talk to the Elite patrol leader who had appeared close to the four two-legged ones but respectfully kept her distance until they were done discussing further proceedings.
Atleon was glad to see however that Hone, whom he had met earlier, was already busying herself with the rest of their troop to help the Racksom refugees. It gave him a little hope and he really wished this would be true for more than just himself. This may only be one patrol of Elites from the many there were, but at least the survivors were not completely on their own anymore. They had good fighters by their side now, which would make quite a few things a lot easier on their way onwards and it would give the people hope to see they had not been completely abandoned by everyone they had ever looked up to.

Things on Dragons Cove needed to change, and Atleon was not only sorely aware of this fact but he was planning on throwing things over himself. The cowardly High Council had pulled out and abandoned its people in a time of dire need and were now in hiding instead of doing what they had been appointed for, defend the people of Dragons Cove. There was no excuse for such behaviour and the prince would make sure that they would pay the price for such betrayal, and he knew that Sandy for one would probably have a similar thought burning on her mind. But all in due time.

Last edited by Eldarwen on Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding bits and pieces for Sandy for a smoother finish to this thread ^-^)
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:15 pm

“Camar, Wirran…” he repeated under his breath, committing the two names to memory. His father had taught him to do that – ‘The best way to remember is to speak aloud – it engages the mind’ had been his exact words. Jackdaww quickly blanked out the memory, not wanting to get sidetracked just yet, and bowed as well as he could from the saddle without falling out. “My name is Jackdaww.” He said, wobbling a little and gripping on to Camar with his knees to stop himself slipping. Only once he’d tightened his grip did he realise that this felt more natural, and kept some of the tension there, hoping he was doing the right thing.

Jackdaww raised an eyebrow, unsure how effectively kicking the horse would persuade it to do as he said, but did as Wirran instructed. Camar snorted, and batted his ears, before lurching forward a couple of steps, and stopping. Jackdaww groaned, digging his heel into the horse’s sides again, before looking at Wirran helplessly. He opened his mouth to ask for help when his mount seemed to have a change of heart, and started to walk. Jackdaww’s jaw dropped open, and he sat uncertainly on the horse, squeezing his sides lightly. That /had/ to be good, right?

Jackdaww was basking in this minor success when Camar twitched again, however, and the saddle felt like it was slipping away from underneath him. The horse’s little twitch landed Jackdaww face-first in the mud to his left, where he landed with a loud slapping noise. “Urgh, that wasn’t supposed to happen…” he groaned, sitting up and wiping some mud out of his eyes. His head hurt, but he had certainly achieved /something/. Maybe they’d make a horseman out of him yet, although he had to admit that the infantry sounded a lot more promising from where he was sitting…

(can act as a sort of fade-to-black exit for him if no other replies)
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Sandy couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow as Atleon so successfully dispersed the crowd with, in words, was literally a verbal wave of the hand. As they moved away, sandy took another step forward to be closer to three of them and the dragon. At Atleon’s quick look about what to do next, she merely nodded. Within moments the elf left an re-appeared with the chest all three of them had put their lives in danger for a mere few weeks ago. The prince started rummaging around in it and began muttering, to which she listened. Until he lifted his head and directed his eyes at her. It was a respected look she hadn’t seen for a while, and something that she could read nonetheless. It was strange, because about a month ago Sandy wouldn’t even be able to put name to face with this man. But now, it was someone she could undoubtedly trust, and had done in the past few weeks, with her life.

She returned his deep gaze just as intently and raised her head ever so slightly. There was much to be discussed, and all of them had a lot to say, there was no doubt about that. But right now, with everyone around, perhaps it wasn’t the time. The survivors from Racksom was a mess, and it wouldn’t be a good idea for them to hear whatever banter was ahead of them. After all, they had already witnessed a fight. Which was completely unnecessary, she might add.
Sandy allowed Atleon to keep talking, but as he did, she turned her head to look over the small civilisation the survivors had made. On any other day, it would look a mess, but considering everything they had gone through, it could be classed as a temporary home. It would have to be. Depending on what they decided to do, they could expand on this and prepare for an attack, or move to a more secure location, or anything. They needed to pull themselves together better than they had been doing, and things had to be sorted out. Soon.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)   (East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(East side of Everbridge) You Sir, are an Idiot. (11th Board)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5