Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 pm

Taya glanced over at Measle as Jackdaww called out to him and noticed his grimace, figuring that was an old joke between them. The little lightning dragon didn't seem so happy about it but he didn't seem to mind too much as he quickly located a stone and brought it over to the fire. Dawn thanked him quietly as she continued to feed sticks into the blaze, working them around the stone so that it would heat evenly. This was something she wasn't particularly used to and she hoped she was doing all right. As long as the fire kept burning she presumed everything would be all right.

As Jackdaww rejoined them by the fire Taya sniffed the air again, glancing over towards the human's workspace to inspect it. Everything seemed to be in order, and she was looking forward to sampling some of their catch. She wouldn't need to eat a whole lot just yet but she was curious how the food would taste with this different cooking style. Hopefully they wouldn't be expecting Dawn to do it though, because she knew her rider had never attempted anything like it.

"I think everything is in order," Dawn said as Jackdaww joined them. "Fire's going well and I have a backup of sticks to keep it that way for a while." She'd have to go get more after dinner if they wanted it to keep going through the night, but that was a simple task all things considered. "Taya and I kind of have this down to a science."

The Antler wasn't really listening to her rider considering she was busy talking to Measle, but she would have agreed with her if she'd heard. "Well thank you," she said to the other dragon. "My talents reside more in earth magic but I'll admit being able to breathe fire does come in handy." She just couldn't see how he thought his magic wasn't useful. She'd seen him bring down the deer after all. In doing the same thing she would either have had to chase it down or call up a tree root or something of the sort to trip it. It was certainly less effective and she always felt a little bad doing it, so to be able to stun the creature seemed far more peaceful in the long run. "You and I must have very different definitions of useful though if you don't think yours is," she commented, resting her head on her paws so that she could see everyone more easily. They might get a crick in their necks looking up at her but she got one too having to look down most of the time.

Especially to watch her feet.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:23 pm

It amused Jackdaww to see the confusion on Dawn and Taya's faces about the stone. Jackdaww had found out quite some time ago that he wasn't nearly patient enough for making stews, unless he had to make his provisions go further than he would have liked, so usually fresh meat was either roasted, or fried off on a hot stone. It would take a while to get up to temperature - until the base of the fire was glowing hot, so they had some time to kill.

"Excellent! I suppose we should just relax a while as that heats up," Jackdaww indicated to the fire with his boot, laying back against a log a little way back from the fire. His shirt was a bit soggy from where he'd splashed water up it when washing his arms, but hopefully that would dry by the fire. If not he'd have to risk hanging it up overnight, and hope it didn't rain...

"So, how shall we entertain ourselves for the evening?" Jackdaww asked brightly. Being back on the road seemed to have invigorated him, and he was unusually chirpy. Even Measle found it unusual, and the dragon liked to brag that he knew Jackdaww better than the man knew himself sometimes.

Meanwhile, at the other side of the fire, Measle was nodding earnestly as Taya's words. "I suppose, but I'm not a very strong magic user anyway. I'll not be able to do that again for a few days," he said, meaning the stunning of the deer. "I kinda got the short straw with my size and magic. And choice of companion..." he grinned, looking at Jackdaww, who seemed oblivious. Measle and Jackdaww had an odd, teasing kind of friendship, but beyond the japes, they did care about each other really.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 3:08 pm

While it wasn't the sort of thing Taya or Dawn had ever seen, it was easy enough to figure out what the use of the stone was for. They glanced at each other, the thought occurring to both of them that they could easily do the same thing if they paid enough attention to what was being done.Taya liked to consider herself a highly intelligent dragon, so she thought she could manage to pick up the technique. Finding a proper stone every time would probably be the most difficult part.

"Sounds good," Dawn agreed while Taya started preening the feathers on her wings while still focusing on the conversation she was having. If they stayed bent or out of place for too long she'd end up flying strangely and that wasn't a good thing. She tried to take excellent care of her wings since they were so important to her and her rider.

"I don't know, what do you two usually do?" Dawn asked. She and Taya would often spend the night in a city or town and would explore before they went to bed. If they were out in the open then they would talk quietly about nothing in particular and she would usually sleep tucked underneath Taya's wing. Saved her from having to maintain a tent and all that, though it would probably have come in handy on several occasions so eventually she had bought one anyway.

Taya thought about the limitations of that skill when paired with the fact that it had a respawn time of a few days. That would make it more annoying she suspected. "Ah, I can understand the problem then," she agreed. "But then, I don't use my magic all that often so I suppose I could have the same problem and not know it." She chuckled at his joke, amused by the fact that he'd made it and that Jackdaww hadn't noticed at all. Too funny. "Well, at least you don't hit your head on everything on creation," she said, snickering at herself as she remembered some of the more interesting things she'd bumped into.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:00 pm

Jackdaww paused a moment to think. What did they normally do? There wasn't normally much. "We talk, I suppose - generally put up some kind of shelter if we're staying long. But we don't usually stop anywhere long enough to need to make plans - just eat and sleep." Gosh, it sounded boring when he put it like that. "I think I have a pack of cards in my pack somewhere, if you fancy a game?" he suggested after a moment, suddenly remembering that the tiny little leather pack had more in it that a spare knife and razor. It was easy to forget about things like cards when your usual travelling companion didn't have hands.

"I suppose there'll be a little more choice in terms of entertainment when we reach the next city," Jackdaww added conversationally. "Measle and I normally spend a little longer travelling around before heading to a city, but the idea of a fixed destination is surprisingly pleasant."

--

Measle paused a moment to consider how nice it was not to need to preen his wings all that much. is scales were pretty much flat, and didn't move any more than they needed to along the bones, and his membranes just had a sort of leathery texture (which was very prone to giving static shocks, since they were tied in with generating lightning magic in his body). Maybe he'd be a better flier if he had feathery wings like Taya... or maybe that was completely unrelated to the style of his wings.

"Haha it's true that I don't have that problem," Measle snorted with a smile, "but I have gotten my head stuck in rabbit holes before. It's surprisingly easy to fall into them when you're this close to the ground." He had come to accept that he was ridiculously small, and found that making the jokes himself was much more amusing all round than having it pointed out, so as a result, he made a LOT of them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6