Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Empty
PostSubject: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Intro:
A cool breeze swept through the forest, causing the trees to murmur and shift slightly as they were disturbed by the early-morning wind. The sunlight was just edging over the horizon in the distance, and soon it would brighten up it’s surroundings, bringing life to the currently sleeping forest.
This section had been pretty much undisturbed by humans for quite a while, even most animals. For it was quite a way away from any civilization, and was one of the parts of Dragons Cove that hadn’t been visited by a lot of people. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but it was just one section that was pretty much a secret to most.
This was probably for the best, for what some didn’t know, was that within this forest, lay a particular object that some would undoubtedly kill for. It was what kept this section of the island in harmony, something that brought great peace, and was rumored to actually be alive itself. Any stories that involved this thing, were told of it being a rock, but somehow managed to move, and some even say it had it’s own mind and could think for itself. Whether this was true or not, no one was certain. But many people wanted to discover it’s true meaning.
Every year, it would be check up on, by either the Guardians or their riders, to make sure everything was in balance and it wasn’t disturbed. Stones like this were very rare, and there were hardly many on the island. Mainly because they were also quite dangerous. When handled carefully and properly, they would stop almost any destruction happening within a certain distance around them. Hence why the forest it was in was undisturbed. But if so much as got touched by hands who belonged to the wrong person, it was thought to cause great destruction. It could change the weather rapidly, from a beautiful, summer’s day, to a harsh hurricane. But of course, all of this was a myth, a legend. Few knew what it really did, what it was.

Sandy half walked, half ran through the peaceful forest. Half of her curly, brown hair was tied into a loose bobble. Swaying from side to side as she moved. Her blue sword was gently shifting in it’s sheath, and feet came down in even rhythm upon the grassy floor.
Her dark brown – almost black – eyes scanned the area as she moved swiftly in and out of the trees. It had been a while since she had been here, but nevertheless, the routine had never strayed away from her mind. It was her turn to check upon the object, quite pointless in her eyes, since if anything had happened, then she was pretty sure someone would have heard about. This was a delicate thing, and didn’t like to be moved, barely touched.
She shivered slightly as another cool breeze brushed along her skin. Hopefully she would finish this before midday. Then she could get back to her hometown and enjoy the rest of the day. But then again, doings things like this got her away from the hustle and bustle, which is what she liked. A nice spot away from everything, where she could be on her own, and just think to herself. Now that she thought about It, she figured she didn’t need to rush anymore. So her pace slowed down abruptly, and she merely enjoyed the scenery. Mornings like this were rare, it was as if nothing could go wrong.

Ooc;; I did this in a rush, so if you want to change anything, just let me know. ^^;

Last edited by Monty on Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:57 pm

((ooc;; it's fine ^^ Sorry mine seems a little rough, i'm getting warmed up still xD))

The morning was beautiful. The pink haze of a sunny dawn was creeping over the sky, and the forest was blossoming into life. However, one young man would never notice said beauty. He was too busy trampling the plants and swearing as tiny bugs bit at his neck. He appeared as a clumsy, noisy wreck, frightening away the birds as he staggered forth. Jackdaww (the man) stopped for a moment to remove a leaf from his tangled hair – a reminder of the uncomfortable place he had spent the last few nights. As he stumbled onwards, he thought about why he was in that particular jungle instead of one he knew better. In truth, he was looking for something. A stone, or at least that’s what he thought it would be. Ever since he had lost Measle, he’d been looking for it. Apparently it would give him supreme power, or help him see something lost, but really he was in it for the cash. A stranger had offered him enough of it to let him move back into a city. For good. That was an offer too good to refuse. However, as he trekked further into the forest, he became much less optimistic about what was in store. Finally, he noticed a slight thinning in the trees, and let himself relax a little. He slumped against a tree and puller out his sword to look at it. The jewel set into the handle glittered in the early light, and the inscription looked almost like he could read it, but the words were still indecipherable. He sighed in frustration, and threw it to the ground beside him angrily. It clattered loudly and the polished steel gave a slight ring as it hit the ground, but Jackdaww didn’t care. He was exhausted beyond caring about his safety in the jungle, and simply sat there, looking at the last of the sunrise before him.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:20 pm

The stillness of the beautiful forest was disturbed as the sound of metal clattered on the ground. A bird flew out of the tree next to her, squawking loudly in panic. It was obvious that this place didn’t have a lot of disturbances. Sandy span her head round to the direction of where the sound had come from. Her hair flicking across to rest on her shoulder. For the first time since she ever started doing this check-up, something unnatural was about. And it seemed as if, it didn’t have much respect for a place like this. Otherwise, it wouldn’t be making such as noise. Sandy almost silently unsheathed her sword, and her wrist flicked in order to loosen it off. Now she crept in the direction of the noise. It was quite close, but at the same time, quite far away. Further than she had thought. All of the birds had stopped singing, as if nothing like this had ever happened before – a creature, possibly set on destruction, was in their forest.
To what she saw as she edged forwards, the trees began to thin out, meaning she wouldn’t have a many places to hide as she had liked. But nonetheless, it wasn’t something she could change, so there was no point in worrying about it.
Out of the corner of her eye, came a flash of colour – different from the rest. Quickly, she rested her body against a tree, peering at the boy opposite, who looked completely oblivious. He had black, messy hair, and to what she saw, it had been his sword that had caused the noise that made the place come to a complete standstill. He didn’t seem like a threat – from what she could see. And to her surprise, he actually looked frustrated. He didn’t look a threat at all, mainly for the reason that if he was, he wouldn’t go throwing his sword around. Maybe he thought he was alone in this forest, the only human here. After all, she had thought that until a few moments ago.
Holding her sword up and directly in front of her, she vacated the cover from the tree and walked out into the open. Directly at the boy in front of her. “What are you doing here?” She asked. If he turned out to be a threat, she would fight.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Jackdaww almost jumped out of his skin at the sound of another human voice. He shouted loudly as he scrabbled for his sword, shuffling towards it on his knees, before he realised that he didn’t know if this person was a threat. He turned his head to see a woman with long brown hair. He raised his hands in the air, holding his sword between his for-finger and thumb on his left hand. Then, he slipped, and the razor-sharp rapier bit into his finger. He dropped the weapon in another clatter, and sucked his finger between curses. He was sure that the woman must be glaring at him, most likely in frustration, so he looked up out of the corner of his eye, wincing a little.
“Please don’t do anything. This hurts.” He groaned, shaking his hand and fussing over his finger like a child. He was a talented swordsman, but right then he didn’t look it. His chain mail did, however, bear the tiny insignia of the Kings Knights, which almost gave him away. Almost, but not quite.
When he had finished looking like a fool, Jackdaww stood up to his full height (admittedly it wasn’t any taller than average, but it was taller than he had been when he was sat on the floor) and asked: “Who are you?” His somewhat cautious side has kicked in, but his fingers were itching to pick up the sword and get into a swordfight. He loved them, and there weren’t enough of them in the forests usually. The sword in question currently lay on the ground in the dirt. The sword still shone with a brilliant silver colour, however, despite the mud, and the ruby in its handle still looked radiant. Jackdaww ignored it, raising his hands up at shoulder height, just in case this woman was armed, and for the first time in the last fourteen years felt a little intimidated.
Jackdaww didn’t tend to function too well in mornings, so he looked even clumsier than ever, and even more of a tragic attempt at manhood, so stood there with his arms be his neck with no real provocation, he looked like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:24 pm

Sandy was quite taken aback when the man below her began to fluster about with his sword. And she actually seemed quite embarrassed when his sword slipped and sliced his finger. Was this man a fool? When he spoke, it was the voice of a man, yet his words formed into something a child would say. Was he or real? Surely this man couldn’t be that much of a threat, if any…
Sandy held her sword firmly as the man scrambled. Just incase this was all some trick he had performed many time as to catch his opponent out. It was unlikely, but you never know. A small smile escaped her mouth from amusement, but she quickly hid it away incase he saw. Then suddenly, her eyes caught something that she had rarely seen, if ever. His shirt held a symbol of some sort. She blinked, trying to make out what it was, but with all the messing about he was doing, she figured she had best pay attention to the actual man, rather than his shirt.
When he stood up, she realised that to her luck, he wasn’t the tallest of men. Meaning if a fight did come from this, she may actually stand a chance. She took a small step back on her right foot, so as to stand her ground and give her a more solid base. Her fingers tightened around her sword in the sudden shock of what the man was doing, but then they loosened gradually as she began to speak.
“I asked first.” She said quickly, looking at the man in front of her. “What are you doing here?” She asked again, hoping this time he would actually respond. Taking a second to look at his weapon that was still on the floor, she was quite shocked. The sword glistened in the sunlight, and it did looked intimidating compared to her own. Was that, a ruby encrusted in the handle? What was going on? How could a fool like this possess such a great sword. Had he stolen it? That was the more likely case. But then again…that symbol he wore. Was that stolen too?
She frowned, and looked back at the dark-haired man. “Answer me.” She mumbled.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:18 pm

Jackdaww dropped his hand when he realized that he wasn’t in immediate danger, utterly ablivious to the studious eyes of the woman before him. “I live here. What are you doing?” he demanded, stooping to pick up his sword and sheathing it before anything could damage it. He stopped to give the blade a quick polish on his linen shirt, and shrugged as the weight of his chain mail started to irritate him. Once it was safely sheathed, he thought for a moment, and decided it was probably best not to say anything about the stone he was looking for. The scroll with his instructions was tucked inside his shirt, so that couldn’t give him away, so he took up a more settled stance and leant against a tree. “Anyway, why should I even tell you?” he asked in a somewhat annoying, cocky tone, ignoring the fact that he’d already told her most of it. He flicked a twig out of his dark hair and traced the engravings on his sword handle for a while, especially around the ruby, just to make sure that they were all still there and didn’t have any dirt in them. His sword was his only important possession, as his old linen shirts weren’t exactly valuable, so he was always very careful with it. He looked at the woman and studied her again, and noticed she had her hand wrapped around her swords handle tightly. His muscular shoulders tensed, but he remained slouched against the tree, waiting. He had been surprised before, but now he was in what he thought was his comfort zone, so he had no need to prepare anything special. He simply stood any waited, a little impatiently, and so relaxed that it was more than a little annoying.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Lies. No one lived here. Hardly anyone knew of this place, and those who did, also knew of the reason why no one came here. She was getting slightly annoyed by this man’s cockiness. One minute, he looked a complete fool, and now it was as if he owned the place. It only infuriated her more when he asked the question back at her. But she kept her facial expression calm, giving nothing away.
“No you don’t.” She replied, sharply. “No one lives here.” It wasn’t against anything to actually step foot in this forest, but it might as well be. For whoever came here, had their minds solely set on one thing. Sandy had never met an exception, and she didn’t believe, not for one minute, that he was one.
The fact that he basically cleaned his sword in front of her was intimidating. She ignored his question, hoping to repeal some of the annoyance back at him.
“What am I doing?” She began. “What does it look like? I’m here to make sure people like you don’t stick around for much longer. You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.” She pause, thinking she probably shouldn’t have said that last sentence, but it was true. Even his tone was annoying, the way he spoke, the way he acted. It was as if he was looking for a fight.
“Listen, I don’t know what you think you’re doing, but nothing good can come from it. So I’m not asking, I’m telling you to leave.” She noticed his gaze sweep to her grasp on her sword, and in response, his shoulders tensed a little. He was putting on an act, she was sure of it. Probably just to annoy the hell out of her. But she wouldn’t let it him know it was working. She took a step forward, her sword aimed at his throat, eventhough she was still a distance away. “Go.”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:49 pm

With a sharp flick of his wrist, Jackdaww drew his sword, caught the woman’s sword and pushed it out of his way before dropping his arm to his side again. “I’m not going anywhere. And fair enough, I don’t live /here/, but I do live in the woods near here.” He said, his face remaining completely calm despite the sword in his hand. He was confused by her statement about him not knowing what he was getting into, and wondered if she knew he was looking for the stone. Then, an idea hit him: she might be looking too. He didn’t say anything, but continued as normal with his light-hearted relaxation and chatter.
“People like me?” he asked after a moment. “What about me?” he asked, genuinely wondering if he should be offended or not, but not fathoming it properly. He thought for a moment that he had been mistaken for someone, but he couldn’t think of a soul who looked anything like him, especially with dirt on his face and leaves in his hair, so he decided that must have been wrong.
Jackdaww was starting to realise that the woman was getting annoyed with him, so he tried to slap on a more serious face, but the urge to laugh was almost too great. He had never been serious, and his wiry frame made him look ridiculous anyway, but he bit his lip to stop himself. He also re-sheathed the sword, leaving it unlocked of course, and stood up properly in case he had to run. He still said nothing about his cause in being there, since he was looking for a priceless thing that would earn him enough money to become a civilised figure again, but the fact that he had other intentions was clear on his face.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:01 pm

Sandy didn’t flinch as the other sword connected with hers. She had half expected it. For some reason, she knew he wasn’t going to attack her, well, not at that moment anyway. Since so far, he had seemed very casual about the whole situation. She let her sword be pushed to the side, until she rested her hand against her hip. He lived in the woods near here? That may well be true, but if so, then why had he decide to come here now? Why not beforehand. It all seemed fishy to her. She noticed a look of confusion cross the man’s face, and she didn’t know what to think.
“People who are here come for nothing but their greed.” She said calmly. The frustration leaving her, she had to stay calm. “Believe me, you’re not the first to have come here. I know what you’re looking for, and I’m telling you to give it up.” If she had had any doubt as to what this man was looking for, then she probably wouldn’t have just said that. But it was easy to tell he was up to know good. Sighing, she sheathed her sword as well, before looking back at the man in front of her. Now the man was doing something weird with his face, trying to be serious? She guessed. How could he not be? He obviously didn’t know anything about what he was getting himself into. As he straightened himself up, she spoke.
“If you don’t leave, it’s your funeral.” A bit harsh, but true. She wouldn’t kill him, she’d probably just have to knock him unconscious or something, then leave him in a village somewhere. It would be the act of the stone that would kill him. No doubt he would be overwhelmed, or even if he did manage to take it, someone else would kill him to take it from him. It was a vicious cycle. A reason why they took turns in checking up on it. If it was that well-known, then someone would have to move it, or be there all the time. But it hadn't come to that, yet. She wouldn't let it.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:18 pm

In spite of the foolish way he acted, Jackdaww was actually quite intelligent, meaning that if he’d tried, he could have seen through the somewhat harsh wording of the woman’s last sentence. However, he wasn’t trying, so he just responded equally harshly, and twice as awkwardly. “Was that a threat?” he snapped, glaring at her. “Because if I was you, I wouldn’t be handing out threats like that so easily. I happen to be a trained knight, and I certainly know how to use this thing.” He announced, twisting his hand to show her the jewelled handle on his sword again. Then he stopped and almost swore aloud at what he had just said. He was no knight, he was a knight-guild dropout with a stolen mail shirt, and the last swordfight he had been in had nearly shattered his flimsy sword. Well, he did know how to defend himself, but he had a feeling that this woman was no amateur either. He thought about the odds for a moment, and began to realise that he was getting into serious trouble. He thought about changing the subject, but the words wouldn’t come. His arm was itching to just swing at her, but he knew it was a bad idea. “I’ll only fight if it’s in self defence.” He thought silently to himself, and settled into a balanced ready stance. This was crazy, but to him, the cash was going to be worth it. He was already planning out how he would use it, and he certainly wasn’t going back to a town as he was supposed to…
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:52 pm

“It can be a threat if you’d like.” She snapped. It wasn’t intended to be, it was more a warning, but if he wouldn’t move, she would have to turn it into one. For the sake of the forest, and for his as well. Contemplating on what she was going to say next, she figured that she was actually just doing this to save his skin. For if he continued his journey, it would most definitely turn out badly, she was almost sure of it. “Oh really?” She continued. “A trained knight who can’t handle his own sword without injuring himself? Sure you are.” She glanced down at the ruby-jeweled handle. It was quite impressive. It made her think of her own. The blue stone encrusted on hers was actually on the blade, however. She half wanted to fight him, to make him choke on those words and take them back. No doubt it would come to that soon if he didn’t move. This man was all about bragging about he was supposedly a knight, and it was obvious he didn’t know who she was. Maybe it was better that way. Not many people knew who she was, or what she did. Mainly because the guardians hardly ever showed themselves in public. So those who had seen her, didn’t realise she rode one of them.
“Listen.” She said less harshly. “If you think money is worth your life, then do continue. It’ll only kill you. I’m doing this for your sake.” Her tone changed at the end, to become slightly more aggressive. If he refused to move again, she would
have to make him. As much as she didn’t want to, it came with the description.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:43 pm

“Well for people like me, money is quite important, so unless you can read a complicated inscription without getting paid, I’ll be needing it.” Jackdaww announced, them clapped his hand to his mouth. “Actually, you didn’t hear that.” He said, somewhat pointlessly, feeling like an idiot for telling her what he needed to do. He’d been trying to get the inscription read for years, and no one had been able to help. It was so important to him that he was willing to give up everything to find out, but he still only had three phrases to show for it. “Anyway.” He said, moving away from his mistake quickly, “I fear I may have been a little rude. I’m Jackdaww, and you are?” he asked, offering one gloved hand to her. In most circumstances, it would have been a kind gesture, but here it had been in vain. He knew that she wanted him to go home, but he’d walked for days to get there, and wasn’t leaving yet. He settled into a solid position to prove that to her, and kept his offered hand out for her. The sword was safely by his side, and hid lopsided haircut made him look a bit like a drowned puppy, but he could tell that the woman was not impressed. Still, he could never fight an opponent whose name he didn’t know. It just wasn’t courteous, and the Knight’s guild always trained their knights to be courteous towards their opponents. That was what made the King’s knights so recognisable, the fact that they asked for the names of their opponents every time they fought, so while anyone could do the same, the matching mail shirt made Jackdaww seem like a real knight for a moment. It was only a brief moment, mind, because he still had a goofy grin on his face and a cut on his finger just after the gloves ended.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:59 pm

“Believe me,” she muttered under her breath. “It’s not that important.” She didn’t know if he had heard her mumble about the money, but either way, she didn’t care. Then he let something slip that he obviously shouldn’t have. She raised an eyebrow. “Inscription for what?” She enquired. Was someone paying him to do this? She shook her head. How could this man be a knight if he could let information slip so freely out of his mouth. No, if he was a knight, then the world would end.
Sandy was taken quite aback as he offered his hand to her. She hesitated for a moment, trying to read this man’s expression, but there was nothing she could figure out. Reluctantly, she stretched out her hand towards his and shook it. “My name’s Sandy.” She replied, the hostility in her voice gone completely. Either this man was incredibly clever, and was putting on an act only to fool her so he could get a good swing at her, or he genuinely was somewhat of a gentleman. A gentlemen who was out for nothing but trouble. Hard to believe, but true if he was going after the stone. But then she remembered, from her father being a knight also, that it was ritual to know their opponents name. So either he was preparing himself for a fight, or actually wanted to know her name.
After a few seconds, she pulled her hand away for it to rest by her sword again. “I’m sorry, but you do really have to go.” Why was he just blatantly refusing? As she looked over the man, she noticed for the first time how messy his hair was. How far had he traveled? Far by the looks of things. If this was true, then he obviously didn’t live in a town near here. Again, she sighed. He wasn’t a very good liar. Then another idea struck her mind, what if this was all an act, and he was just biding time in order for some more men to arrive?
She scrunched up her eyes and hit her head with the palm of her hand. No Sandy, now you’re just becoming over-conscious! She hated it when her mind strayed away into unlikely events, it took her away from the main point.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Jackdaww raised an eyebrow at Sandy hitting her face off her palm. He had heard her comment about the cash, but he chose not to mention it since it would only cause an argument. “Nice to meet you, Sandy.” He said, smiling, and dropping a shallow bow to her, before resting his hand on the handle of his sword again. “But I’m afraid I’m not leaving. I like it here, and therefore, I am going to stay.” He didn’t say anything else about looking for the stone, but Sandy already knew about that. He was feeling very clever for not getting hurt yet, and managing to sound like he knew what he was doing, because usually, when he was around Measle, he was treated like an idiot. He was really enjoying the feeling, and he stood against the tree again, trying to keep up the relaxed appearance he had almost managed to pull off. However, as he stood, his fingers crept into the inside of his sword handle to touch the inscription that would have just been visible to Sandy. He decided that he should get looking again, so he looked down each one of the calm paths in turn, trying to decide which way to go. He felt a tiny pull at his heart at his fingers traced the word ‘Son’ on the sword, and one corner of his mouth twitched in painful recollection, but he kept on looking around, attempting not to show it.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Sandy half-smiled as he bowed to her. At least he had manners, It was something not every had these days…if any at all. “Likewise.” She said. But then he spoke again, and she kind of figured it would go on to this. “I knew you were going to say that…” she muttered under her breath. She didn’t want to do this, but she had to. “I hope you think the stone was worth it.” With that, she drew her sword and as soon as the blue stone became visible, it began to glow a brilliant silver. Just as quickly had she unsheathed it, did she make a swing for the man. A strike he would most probably defend, after all, she didn’t want to injure him if it wasn’t necessary. Only to scare him a bit, or so she could get the chance to render him un-conscience…if of course, that the only way to make him change his mind about leaving.
Then she heard a noise in the distance. She stopped her sword mid-swing and the stone stopped shining. It returned to its usual blue as Sandy turned her head to look through the trees. Did she just see…? She quickly brought her sword back to her side, and shot Jackdaww a glance. She knew it. “You’re not alone, are you? What a dirty trick. How could I be so stupid as to fall for it?!” The last part was half to herself, but it only exaggerated her anger. She hated people who couldn’t fight their own battles. Now she gripped her sword more tightly, staring at the man. She was practically 100% he wasn’t a knight, for a knight wouldn’t pull off something like this.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 pm

“What? I am alone! Who else would be here?” Jackdaww snapped, looking around to see if anyone else was in the woods. He couldn’t see anyone. “A knight never waits for backup. I didn’t want to hurt you, that’s all.” he added, a little angry that she would presume him to be that dishonest. The only dishonest part of him was the part that stole his shirt, and lied about being a true knight. He carefully drew his sword, in case she swung again, and inspected her weapon. It was beautiful, and although Jackdaww didn’t usually look at pretty things, swords were a different matter. There was a huge blue stone encrusted in the front that especially caught his eye. Mainly from the fact that it had been rushing towards him, glowing, just a moment ago, but it still drew his eyes. “Nice bit of weaponry you’ve got there. What sort of stone it that?” he asked, nodding at it, and throwing his sword into his right hand as he spoke. Then, he heard a noise, and realised that he had heard something like it a moment ago, when Sandy was trying to attack him. He looked around, and saw that Sandy was doing the same, between angry glares at him. He saw a shadow for a second, but he couldn’t make out who – or what – it was. He rested the tip of his sword on the ground, and tried to catch sight of it again, keeping a careful eye on Sandy all the while.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:05 pm

She turned her head to look at him, he looked as startled as she did at the sound of the noise. So maybe he was alone…But then again, as of now, she didn’t want to spend time contemplating on what was right and what was wrong. They weren’t alone and right now, that was all that mattered. She nodded slowly, “Thanks.” She opened her mouth to reply again, but then something caught the corner of her eye again and another sound. With a last glance at Jackdaww, she sprinted off to the North. In the distance, she saw the outline of a black figure, running in and out of the trees. If she wasn’t so used to this forest, then she would have lost him easily.
Thinking against the idea of sheathing her sword, she sprinted after the man, dodging the trees, jumping of the uneven ground and odd roots that stuck up. All the while, she hoped this man wasn’t going where she thought he was. Please no… But to her distress, he was going exactly there. The place where the stone was hidden
Then all of a sudden, another sound came from nearby, as another man cam into site. How many were there? A big whoosh filled her ears as an arrow only just missed her legs as she ran. She cursed under her breath, not even thinking to look behind to see whether Jackdaww was following or not. Then again, he might be a part of this whole operation.
Her pace slowed down until she came into a clearing. Now it seemed she was alone. She looked around, knowing that the men would still be here, somewhere…her heart raced, and quickened still as she realised how close they were to the whereabouts of the stone. Never before had anything like this happened. Great.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Jackdaww saw Sandy sprint off, and decided to follow. He picked up speed fast, and held his sword like a baton. Charging down the path, he began to realise how heavy his chain mail was, but he kept running, out of curiosity more than anything. Then, he caught sight of the man she was chasing, and another one coming out of the trees near him. Shifting his sword into the right place, he swung around and locked swords with one of the men. There seemed to be lots of them, all running in the same direction as Sandy. Jackdaww slid his sword down the other man’s, forcing his arm sideways painfully, and slashed at his unguarded throat. Not checking if he’d killed him or not, he continued running, his polite traits telling him to help Sandy. He ducked under an arrow, and felt another skim the back of his shirt, but he couldn’t see where they were coming from. He was slowly gaining on Sandy when he came face to face with another of the men. A blow flew his way, but he blocked it with a carefree flick of his wrist, and returned a full thrust to the man’s chest. He was wearing thin armour, so it didn’t do anything other than make him fall back a little, but it gave Jackdaww enough time to deliver another blow under the man’s chin. He rushed off again, and tripped over a tree root. Turning a full somersault, he landed face down in the dirt. Spitting out stones, he climbed to his feet, and winced as another arrow glanced off his chain mail shirt. As he rubbed the muck out of his eyes, he noticed another man rushing at him. Jackdaww scrambled to reach his sword, which had fallen a few feet away, and lifted it just in time to block a swing form the man. Between blows, he staggered to his feet, trying to get a good shot in. At last, he managed to target the unprotected section under the man’s arm, but as he went down, he delivered a slash across the back of Jackdaww’s wrist, causing him to drop the sword. He swore, and picked it up with his left hand to sheath it, and chased after Sandy again, and tried to avoid another attack. He also ripped a strip of linen away from the bottom of his shirt to wrap around the deep cut, wincing as the movement of running stung it.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 9:25 pm

Sandy turned around to see Jackdaww running towards her, as she narrowed her eyes, she saw that he was injured, on the…wrist? By the looks of things. There were a lot more men than she had first thought, and right now, it seemed as if they were surrounded. The stone on her sword didn’t change, until another man came running at her in the clearing. As soon as their swords collided, the stone began to glow. His quick glance towards it gave Sandy a few seconds to think about what she was going to do next. Taking advantage of the time, she took the handle with both hands and span around on one foot, before brining the other down in front of her and slicing at the man. With barely enough time to see him go down, another sword became locked onto hers, and soon she was advancing forwards between three men. If it weren’t for her training, she would have been cut down ages ago.
Adrenaline pulsed through her body, giving her the energy needed to continue attacking the men that seemed to come out of no where. All the while, she deflected blows just in the nick of time, but none of them were going for what seemed, a deathly blow. If a sword struck, it wouldn’t kill her. It was as if they didn’t want to. Why were they toying with her?
Out of frustration, she stabbed the metal into the ground, before propelling her body off the ground and her feet into the stomach of some man. They were all wearing armor, which meant every strike had to be that much more powerful, and she was beginning to feel it. Still, she advanced forwards, attempting to penetrate the line of men. If she got a chance, maybe she could make a run for it, give her some time to think about what to do next.
Just as her sword struck for the millionth time with another, a sharp twinge of pain ran through her hand as a foot connected with it. The metal was sent flying sideways and hit the ground with a loud clattering noise. As quickly as that had happened, the stone returned to it’s normal colour and two men had a hold of Sandy’s arms. One on the left, one on the right.
“Let me go!” She yelled, kicking furiously, trying in some way to free herself, even though she knew it was hopeless. Now that she had been rendered harmless, the fighting seemed to come to a halt around her. Frantically, she tried to free at least one arm, but it was of no use. Twisting her head, she turned to see where Jackdaww was, to see if he was all right, if they had done the same to him.
When all of a sudden, the men parted and in the new space that had been created, came a man riding a gray mare.

Ooc;; None of these are my charries, so do whatever you want with them. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:47 pm

((ooc;; sorry its so long, i like these scenes xD my next will be shorter, i promise.))
Jackdaww grinned to sandy when she looked around, but gasped aloud as he saw the ring of men approach her. He doubled his speed, but his injured wrist meant he couldn’t fight with his sword arm. As he ran, he started trying to fit his left hand into the handle of the sword. The metal felt cold and awkward, but at last he managed to get a good grip on it. He raised his head, and noticed a similar ring closing in on him. He swung the sword out of its sheath and flung it back in one clumsy action – straight into the shoulder of the man behind him. He heard the man swear and ran, not risking one more full on fight with his weak hand than necessary.
He ended up in the centre of the circle, and spun around to look for a weakness. He saw nothing, so simply charged for the group of men near those surrounding Sandy. The sword still seemed unwieldy in his hand, but it was just as strong as his right one, so he swung it at one man’s leg. He heard a click as the bone broke, along with a lot of swearing, and charged through the opening while he was recovering. He felt swords biting at his back, the points just scratching his skin through his mail and sending off jagged sparks of pain, but he kept on pushing. He spun around to block a blow, and locked swords with one of the men, his grip only barely holding him off, and struck out a few times. All the while he kept backing away, but the men weren’t letting him go. They were aiming for his throat, and he was certain that they would kill him if he stopped, so he kept fighting. He thrust at a man, leaving his torso unprotected, however, and another man slid his sword in form the right to attack him. He tried to block the fast blow with his mail-backed glove, but he caught it on his injured wrist again. He swore, but continued slashing with his left hand as he fought. He reached into his boot, gritting his teeth at the pain, and drew an ordinary dagger out, and flung it into the head of one of the men, before running as fast as he could away from them as they turned to see the damage.
He finally reached the men around sandy, and stopped for breath, and to slot a thin stick he found on the ground down the linen dressing in place of a splint in case the blow had broken his wrist. Then, taking a moment to regain his composure, he shouted to the men. “It isn’t courteous to attack a vulnerable opponent. I suggest you let that lady go right now and clear off, or you are going to be in trouble.” He felt like an idiot bringing on another fight, but he was confident that he could manage. Too confident. Luckily, these men didn’t seem to want to kill, so he was in much less of a risky place, all things considered.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:30 pm

Ooc;; No need to apologise, I love long posts. p:

Bic;;

It took quite a while, a while being the best of a minute, before Jackdaww came into view. He was fighting, by the looks of things, with his left hand, and that wasn’t good. Not long before, he had used his sword against her with his right hand, and now the fact that he had changed, proved that something had happened. But even so, he seemed to be doing a pretty good job, even for the wrong hand. Could he be a knight after all?
Still, she pulled and kicked furiously in an attempt to break free. “Keep still you little rat.” One of them hissed. His glance was captured by the man on the large, gray horse, who seemed to be waiting for peace, in order to speak. It seemed as if he was the leader of all of this, he was the one who had planned it. All the while, he never took his eyes off her, an evil glint in his eyes. From the expression on his face, it was obvious he didn’t approve of all this. “Can you not hold her still and put an end to the man over there?” His tone was sharp, it sounded as if it had come from a snake. Even his voice sent a shiver down her spine. She didn’t know what he wanted from her, or why he wanted it, but all she knew was that she had to escape, and fast.
Her thoughts came back down to the planet when Jackdaww shouted across to the men holding her. “What do you mean, vulnerable?!” She hissed. The anger was just what she needed in order to gain enough energy to break away from the man’s grasp. Quickly, her right arm broke free and she pushed it forwards in the direction of the man on the horse. Suddenly, a large beam of light, like that from the sword, appeared on the palm of her hand. Within seconds, it expanded to about three times the size of her hand and a blast of energy was sent flying towards the horrid man.
It struck him in his stomach and he let out a grunt of pain as he was knocked off his horse, completely bewildered. The men around her too, were shocked, and she managed to break free from the other man’s grasp. Finding some reserved energy that had just kicked in from the adrenaline again, she sprinted for the horse. In one big leap, she grabbed a hold of the reigns and landed on the saddle. As soon as this happened however, the beast lifted it’s front up off the floor and let out a battle cry as it reared. Completely taken aback, Sandy was almost thrown from the saddle, but she managed to stay seated. When it touched back with the floor, she quickly jabbed it in the sides and pulled the left reign. Almost turning on the spots, the horse cantered towards the position where Jackdaww was.
When she was little, Sandy had been told the proper way to ride a horse, that didn’t result in inflicting pain upon it. But right then, the horse didn’t seem as if it would have listened to her kind request, and she didn’t have any time for hesitation. If knocking her heels into it’s side was the only way to get it to move, then so be it. It was a matter of being kind to a horse, or getting captured.
“Stop this!” The man on the floor yelled at the top of his lungs. “Get her! Don’t let her get away!” Almost immediately after, the men swarmed again. Giving Sandy only a few seconds for a detour. The great beast stopped on command with a shrill neigh in front of Jackdaww. She dropped her hand down to his height in a place he could reach. “Climb on.” She practically ordered. “Or do you plan on staying here?” She had only known this man for a few minutes beforehand, but she was certain he had nothing to do with this whole situation, so she couldn’t leave him to die.
But she had said too much, too much time had been wasted, One of the men ahead of the group swung for her, and caught her side.

Ooc;; I made quite a bit happen in this post, I hope this is okay, I just couldn't stop myself writing. I'll condense it if you want...
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:37 pm

((ooc;; that's fine, i like exciting stuffs ^^))

Jackdaww almost sighed in relief as Sandy appeared on the horse. He swung him self up behind her in the saddle, stabbing a man in the throat as he clambered up, and whispered, “Thanks.” in her ear. Then, he turned around, sword in hand, and started slashing at the men grouping behind them. He kept a hold on the back saddle peak as he sat backwards on the horse, and waited for Sandy to make it move. He had never had a way with animals, and had no idea how to ride a horse of any sort, despite the fact that he wore a thick pair of riding boots. He was just getting used to using his left hand a little, and began delivering death-blows to several men, but there were so many of them that he couldn’t really help that much. He ran his sleeve down the blade to remove some of the blood, but almost dropped it in the process. The movement of catching it gave the men time to swarm around them again. He swung his blade high, in a delicate arc like he would with his right arm, and brought it down on the brow of the man before him. There was a man who seemed much more important than the others shouting orders, but Jackdaww couldn’t reach to get a shot in at him. Suddenly, however, he noticed a bristling set of sword tips pointing straight at him, and realised that while they didn’t seem to want Sandy dead, he was a different story. He twirled the blade quickly, deflecting a number of blows, and caught a couple of scratches on his cheek, but even if he had been working with his good arm, he would have had his work cut out against that many opponents. He didn’t turn around for a second, since doing so would expose his neck to the bite of the blades, but screamed back, “Sandy! Move this bloody animal now!” between frantic parries.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Fire raced up her side as the man’s sword connected with her. She half let out an exasperated yelp of pain when it struck, the blow almost knocking her clean off the horse. But now was not the time to hover over wounds, if they didn’t get out of this place soon, then she would have a lot more damage done. She nodded at Jackdaww’s quiet word, but said nothing. For she feared that if she spoke, she might cry out with the pain. Why did it hurt so much? With one hand on the reigns; the other clutching her side, she urged the horse forwards and again, it reared. The movement threw her weight backwards a little, and she winced as it jerked her body sideways. She jabbed the horse again, until this time it ran forwards. In-between the men below and into the depths of the forest. There was no way they could catch up with them now, since the only man who had a horse, had lost it. Men couldn’t run half the speed of these brilliant animals, so soon enough, they would be safe from harms way.
Swords flew up at them, trying desperately to injure them in any way possible, but at the same time, their efforts were shrouded as the backed away from the horse that didn’t seem to slow. If they didn’t move, they would get trampled on, and that was it. The animals hoof beats came faster and faster, until they fell into a steady rythm. Sandy turned her head, trying not to twist her side. And it wasn’t long before the men were out of sight completely. Their shouts and cries dying away into the wind.
It wasn’t long before Sandy asked the horse to slow and eventually, it came to a stop. The blood from the wound was now seeping out, until she could no longer hide it beneath her palm. The problem now, was getting off the animal. Deciding the best way was to just go for it, she flung her legs over the saddle, until the pain became too much to hide and she let out a yelp. As her feet hit the floor she staggered backwards slightly, her head looking at the floor. How could she have been so stupid as to let this happen?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:02 pm

As soon as they were far enough away from the fighting, Jackdaww turned in the saddle to face the right way and clung on for dear life. He was terrified of going that fast without his dragon running beneath him, and he nearly screamed all of the way through. When they finally stopped, he jumped off in a great hurry and backed away from the horse in terror. Then, he noticed Sandy’s bleeding arm. “Hey, what happened?” he asked, rushing to her side to see. He was no physician, but he knew that it was bad if it was bleeding like that. He held out his hand for her to hold onto while she regained her balance, and tried to ignore his own cuts. He couldn’t move his right hand anymore, and the linen was drenched, but his left was ok, meaning he could still help Sandy for the time being. Then he remembered the dagger he had lost in the fight. He swore violently, and tried to think where he could get a new one, and even checked if his sword was still in place. It was, so he let out a sigh of relief, and went back to his worrying about silversmiths.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 5:41 pm

“Nothing,” she lied. “I’m fine. Are you okay?” She half-heartedly looked at the man next to her. Right now, she couldn’t think straight. She couldn’t quite take in what had happened, or why. But she had to do something about it, and she had to do something fast. Slowly, she took her hand away from her side, to reveal a deep wound cut from that of one of the other men’s sword. She stared at it for a few seconds, not knowing what to do. She needed water to clean it first of all, but with everything buzzing through her head, she couldn’t remember how close the next river was. And on top of that, she would have to find some sort of bandage to wrap around it. “Argh…” she grunted, half through pain, half through frustration. And then she remembered something else…
Her sword! She swore in her head as she remembered it getting knocked from her hand and the sound it made as it struck the earth. She needed to get it back…somehow. Now the only thing her mind was set on, was retrieving her sword. She straightened up, as if ready to ride back to the scene. “I need to go b-agh.” An abrupt pang of pain reminded her that that wasn’t going to happen anytime soon. “No,” she grumbled hoarsely, “I need to get the sword.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next