Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:24 pm

She merely nodded at his comment about her knowing what she was doing. In all likelihood, she didn’t, but you can’t know everything. She sighed a little to herself, more from the cold than anything else. She could see that his hand was bothering him; quite a bit actually. ‘But it won’t get better if nothing’s done about it,” she said calmly. Slowly moving her legs back onto the ground and standing up so much as to not move her side, she walked over and sat down next to Jackdaww. Without saying another word, she gently lifted his hand up from the log and took a good look at it. “Sorry if my hands are cold,” she said idly.
Carefully, she began to unravel the linen until she could see his skin. Avoiding the two large gashes, she pressed her thumb on the edge of his hand, before following the bone down to his write. She tried to be as gentle as she could, as to not put him in anymore pain, but it would be impossible to prevent all of it. She repeated this a few times, each time pressing a little harder. On the third go, she stopped above the wrist and pressed harder still. The bone seemed a little out of place and distorted, but not dislocated. “It’s nothing terrible,” she said, before taking her hands away from his. “I think there’s just a tiny fracture, it won’t take long to heal, if you rest it of course. With that, she began to wrap his hand up again, making sure the linen was tight.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

Jackdaww winced, and tried not to pull back as Sandy pressed on his wrist, but almost fainted from happiness when she said it would heal. “Th-thanks.” He stuttered. He found a stick on the ground that looked straight, and slotted it down the linen dressing in place of a proper splint, and let it be for the rest of the night. He knew that he could learn to favour his left hand, but his right would always be his true sword arm. Thinking of swords reminded him that his blade was still by the fire, however. He picked it up and scrubbed off the soot with the hem of his sleeve, and fitted it back into its sheath. For once, he didn’t even pause over the inscription, but it was nagging at him. However, now was not the time to look through it. For a moment, the childish thought that is would get cold if it wasn’t tucked in it’s sheath caught him, but he shook it off after a moment of musing over it. He chuckled as the thought hit him, but other than that he showed no sign of any thoughts about the inscription, or his precious sword.
Now that he was happy about his hand (and the knowledge seemed to help the pain ease a little) and wasn’t troubled by the inscription, he was back to his happy, stable self. He grinned and lay back on the log, feeling the warmth from the flickering fire along with the warm glow of happiness warm his freezing body. He was still painfully aware of the cold and the dark, however, and Jackdaww had always had a slightly childish fear of the dark. Well, fear was too strong a word, really, but he was much more cautious about the dark than anyone else he had met. It frightened him that darkness could close in so quickly, and for a moment, he became aware of the act that something was wrong. Then, the moment passed, and he was just sat in a cold, darkening hut again.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Sandy smiled and nodded, and it pleased he to see that he seemed to relax now that he knew his hand was going to be all right. He must have been worrying about it for quite some time, and she could tell. But still, that was in the past now. How Sandy wished she forget about her problems as quickly as he had done. It would be nice to just have at least a few moments of not having to think about what was going on, but with a mind like her’s, she knew that was almost impossible. But still, she was happy to see Jackdaww what was probably his usual self again. She watched as he lay back on the log as if his mind was at ease. Thinking she should do the same, she shuffled sideways, before putting her feet up. She lay on her right, so she didn’t have to put any pressure or weight on her left side. She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the cold. Maybe now she could have a moments peace forgetting about everything…
Before she knew it, she had drifted away and she found herself in the peaceful forest again. For a second, she wondered whether she was dreaming, but it became apparent that she was when she realised that it actually wasn’t that peaceful at all. Fire scorched the earth, and the once green trees now glowed an orange-yellow colour. The bird were squawking in the skies, feeling from the never-ending flames. Sandy could feel the heat as they edged ever closer. Instinctively, she tried to turn and run, but her feet would not move. She stood there helpless to watch as the fire tore everything apart. And all of a sudden, a black figure appeared in the distance, and within a few seconds, it was in front of her. She opened her mouth to scream, but no sound came out.
Instead, she found herself screaming inside the little place her and Jackdaww had stayed residence in. As soon a she realised what she was doing, she clasped her hand to her mouth in shock. She could feel her hand still shaking, as if the dream was real and had only happened moments ago. She was completely oblivious to everything else, and the only thing running through her mind was the shape of that black figure, and why she had dreamed it in the first place…

Ooc;; You can decide on the time if you want. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:09 pm

((ooc;; just before dawn ok? I can't be bothered to rp the whole night xD I'll change it if you can think of a better time))

Jackdaww jumped as Sandy screamed. “What’s up?” he asked, rubbing his eyes. Judging by the light from the peep hole, it was a few hours before dawn, meaning they would be going soon anyway. Jackdaww had tried to get some sleep, but had failed miserably. He wasn’t used to being in a shelter with another human. He had slept for about an hour, and then gone outside to practise his sword fighting. Luckily he was back indoors when Sandy freaked out. “It’s alright, Sandy. Calm down.” He said, not sure what had happened. He was sure she must have had a bad dream or something, but these days Jackdaww never knew how important a dream should be. He rested a hand on Sandy’s trembling shoulder, waited for her to recover enough to tell him what had happened. He knew all too well what it was like to wake up in a strange place after a nightmare, and he had always hated the experience. Given, Jackdaww wasn’t really the bravest, most manly person around, but still.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

The dream still felt very real and reality still hadn’t hit her. Sandy’s whole body jerked in fight as she felt something touch it. Through experience of not being able to move a few seconds before, she practically threw herself sideways thinking that she couldn’t move. But to her surprise, she could, and the effort of trying to move her feet turned out to be too great, since little energy was needed. Quickly, she thrust her palms out onto the log to stop herself from smacking it. She stared blankly for a few moments, her heart slowly reducing to its usual pace.
“Sorry.” She mumbled, her voice hoarse. She turned her head to look at the man, how stupid she must have looked. But never before has a dream effected her that badly, not for a long while anyway. Last time a dream had such an impact on her was before she became the rider of Silverwing, only that dream was more confusing than anything. But this one…
No, she had to forget about it. If she started to freak out about stupid dreams then what hope did she have of finding her sword not in the right mind? Sandy stiffly rose to her feet, only for a sharp pain in her side to remind her to slow things down. “Let’s go, now.” She couldn’t decide what had made her say that; reason as to getting to the site before the sun came up so it would be easier to hide, or fear of what had just happened. Whether she just really wanted to get out of the place that she didn’t know. “I mean,” she continued, it’s better to get there before daylight, right? Then if they’re not there, which they probably won’t be, we can just track the men down. It’ll be less obvious in the dark, yes?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Jackdaww nodded, rubbing his eyes and yawning after his long, sleepless night. “Let’s go, then.” He said. He grabbed his sword belt and buckled it on, and made sure his boots were zipped up before opening the door for Sandy. She seemed in such a rush to get going that it was only fair to let her out first – and of course, a gentleman always follows the ‘ladies first’ rule. All knights are expected to be gentlemen, so he would hold the guise up for a good long time. He turned around, as if to gather something, and then checked his note. It was still tucked inside his shirt, and was more than a little crumpled, but he knew that he would need to look for the stone today if he wanted to get it back at all.
Once he was happy he knew what he was doing, he went outside too. His eyes took a while to adjust to the dim light, but he seemed to be able to see alright after a moment of two. He was dreading the thought of getting back on the horse, and decided that he was going on foot; no matter which way Sandy chose to return to the site of their battle yesterday. He was an exceptional runner, as he was amazingly light for a human. The motion of his running mimicked the flight of a bird, and he glided over the ground almost like an avian. The lack of wings, however, proved that he was nothing of the sort, but it was a pleasant notion none the less.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:48 pm

Sandy slinked through the door as Jackdaww held it open for her. The outside was quite dark, almost as dark as in the inside of the little shelter. Truth be told, she could barely see, and it would prove to be hard looking for her sword in this light, but at least it would be safer. She looked around for a few moments, waiting for her eyes t adjust and see the horse, but it turned out her eyes were telling the truth, and there was actually no horse around. The slight whinny of the beast not far from where they were stood gave away it’s position. She was about to go over and grab it, when she had a second thought. Maybe it wasn’t the best thing to do. Last time, it had hurt like hell just to get off the animal, so who knew what it would be like to get on it.
Sandy turned to face the man, barely making out the distinctive markings on his face, he just looked like a blob of shadow against the even darker canvas of the forest. “I’m going to walk. You can ride if you want, you’ll just have to go a bit slower.” She hesitated for a few heartbeats, before setting off to the south. Even though she knew this forest probably more than everyone else, she still found it difficult to make out which path was right. In the blackness, they all looked similar, and half of the time, she couldn’t tell whether trees were trees, or whether they were just hallucinations in the dark. But still, she pressed forwards. Her hand twitched as she went to reach for her sword to unsheathe it for protection, but at that moment, she remembered the obvious. How she hoped she would just find it there, lying on the floor in the same place as to where she dropped it.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Jackdaww snorted at the thought of wanting to ride. “I’ll walk with you then. Might have a little run.” He said. In truth, he had been wanting to go for a run for some time, since he could forget his troubles in the rhythm tic exercise, but he knew in his heart that he wouldn’t that morning. “Or maybe later.” He concluded, following Sandy. He wasn’t really sure where they were going, so he stuck close behind her so he didn’t get lost. He twitched at every sound, a little nervous in the dark again, and almost jumped out of skin when a large bird crowed and took flight. He tried to remember where he had thrown hi dagger, and whose head it had speared, but he realised fast that the attackers were likely to have taken their dead away to bury them. “Damn.” He mumbled, realising that it was unlikely to be there.
After a moment, he remembered Sandy’s comment about their motive the day before. “They want the same thing as you.” He thought to himself. Maybe they were also after the stone, then. When he thought about it, he became more and more sure that they must have been, and began to hatch a plan. He became suspiciously silent as he thought, but that could have been mistaken for drowsiness at this hour. He would trace any prints from the direction the men had come from, and follow their direction, hopefully, to the stone. It seemed close enough to foolproof for him to pull off, and he was becoming more and more sure in himself about it. Before long, he was positively buzzing to get there.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:49 pm

By his response, it was obvious he wasn’t keen on riding either. For whatever reason. She raised an eyebrow as he mentioned running later, and she noticed that he was a little jumpy at...practically everything that moved in the night. Which was fair enough, at first, she wasn’t very keen on travelling through the night, but over a period of time, she had learned to get used to it.
It wasn’t long, or it didn’t seem long, until the clearing was in sight, Instinctively, Sandy hid her body behind a tree, just incase anyone was there. But by the looks of things, which wasn’t much, she could admit, there wasn’t anyone there. Cautiously, she edged closer to the gap in the trees. How she wished she had at least some weapon with her. She hated feeling defenseless.
Holding her breath, she stepped out into the clearing, and waited for a few seconds, before finally deciding that no one was here. ‘All clear.” She mumbled to Jackdaww, but mainly to herself. Swiftly, she began hunting around the area, finding any trace of her sword, or where it may have been. It was hard to see in this light, but still, it didn’t stop her.
As she pressed forwards, her heart began to sink with every step she took. It took a few minutes for her to cover the whole area and when she was finished, even though she knew it was very unlikely they would find anything in the first place, she couldn’t help but feel disappointed. “Damnit.” She grumbled, kicking a stone in frustration. As of then, she hadn’t even bothered looking to see whether there were any trace of the men, or whether they had left any clues as to where she had gone. All she was thinking about, was the fact that those men had her sword. And if they tried to use it, then there would be nothing she could do. She had no idea whether they knew that only she could use her sword in such way, or whether they were just reckless thieves who wanted nothing but money.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Jackdaww physically relaxed as the woods became a little lighter. He stopped gripping his sword handle with the same terrified intensity, and walked in a more normal manner than his previous jumping hop. He also realised that he was the only one of them with any sort of weapon. Sandy was looking around, obviously searching for her sword, so he stepped forward into the ring of trees that marked their battleground. “Sandy, maybe you should let me go first. I do have a weapon, so I can actually fight back if we are attacked. You are, as far as I’m aware, unarmed.” He pointed out, before helping her look. He saw a few corpses lying around, but none bore a head wound quite like the one he had inflicted with his dagger. Said dagger was just as elusive. If he still had it, he would have leant it to Sandy without a moment’s hesitation, but his own blade was a different matter. That would always stay by his side. He could barely imagine how loosing it would feel, so he felt deeply sorry for Sandy’s situation, although she probably missed it for protection more than anything. As his last childish fears of the dark vanished, it became apparent that he was back to his old self. He was sure Sandy would notice how worried he had been, but decided that he would not mention it if it was at all avoidable.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:18 pm

As she pushed over the last few leaves with her foot, she let out a deep sigh and her soulders sagged. The expression on her face was just a cover of how she really felt. How frightened she actually was. Either they had taken the sword purely because they thought it would sell for a good price, because they wanted it for themselves, or because they knew that they needed it for...
“Are you okay?” She asked rapidly. It was at times like these, that she hated her thoughts taking over. They did it too often, and it wasn’t unusual for her to get lost in them. Only these thoughts were ones she didn’t want to think about. In changing conversation, maybe they could be pushed to the back of her mind. Her question was purely intended to benefit herself, but now that she thought about it, Jackdaww had seemed awfully quiet the whole way. In actual fact, he had only spoken once.
Sandy tried to shrug the new thought from her mind. Hell, it wasn’t as if she knew the guy properly. He had known him little under a day, so she couldn’t go making accusations about him. “Have you found anything?” She questioned, hoping some sort of evidence, or trace had been left behind. That way, they may be in for a chance of finding the weapons. Or of course, it could just lead them to the men and get themselves killed. Oh the joy.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Jackdaww shrugged, kicking an upturned body over to see if it had a suitable head wound, or his dagger. “I haven’t seen your sword, no, but there are a few footprints leading that way.” He said, pointing to a small gap in the trees. He had been looking for patterns in the footprints in case they would lead him to the stone, and most of them seemed to have gone a certain way. He couldn’t leave to seek it out yet, though, because a knight is always a gentleman, and a gentleman never leaves an unarmed lady to fend for herself.
He noticed how tight Sandy’s smile looked, seeing that it was clearly put on, but decided against mentioning it. She would never try to hide something unless she wanted it to stay hidden. “Don’t worry, we’ll find it soon.” He said comfortingly, guessing she was worried about her sword. He continued kicking bodies onto their backs to look for his dagger, but found nothing in the little clearing.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:05 pm

She turned to look at him at the mention of footprints. Quickly, she walked over to his side and stared at the floor as to where they were. As he had said, there were the light imprints of shoes upon the earth. She bent down over her knees slowly, remembering her side, before tracing the outline with her fingers. She was quiet for a few more moments, before standing back up again. From the footprints, there seemed to have been some sort of scuffle among the men, as if they couldn’t decide where they were going. But sure enough, she could see in the distance of the dim light, that they evened out and formed a trail.
At his comment, she nodded, but quickly changed the subject.
“Let’s go.” She had presumed that they were going to follow the track, rather than just wait around here. How else would they get to their weapons back? She glanced at Jackdaww again, trying to read his expression. This was where everything began. From now on, it wasn’t going to be easy getting them back. She knew that if she found the men, then they may not even come back alive, but it was a chance she was willing to take. After all, it was her duty.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 pm

Jackdaww nodded, pretending he was just eager to get his own dagger back, and followed the footprints. His steps were so precise that as he followed them that most of the time his feet fell in the scuffed shoeprints of another man, but that wasn’t too strange since he had learned to hide his tracks out in the wilder parts of the woods anyway. “But,” he said, stepping forward, “I am going first. I have a sword, and until you are armed, you can’t stay up in front in case the men are still here.” He felt strange, offering to walk into danger first, but he still needed to seem like a gentleman, so he offered anyway. He wasn’t really frightened of the men anymore, since even when he was fighting terrible odds the day before they had only managed to bruise his back and break his wrist. He would always be cautious, however, since he had always been a jumpy person, and his father had always taught him to be on edge at all times, just in case. He didn’t usually follow crazy rules for combat, but when the advice came from his father, it made such a difference.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Sand was just about to head off, when Jackdaww took a step towards her. She opened her mouth to argue, but then decided against it. She had other means of defending herself other than just her sword, but that didn’t come without using more energy than a simple swing of her arm to cut someone down. In the end, she merely nodded, obviously not happy with the decision, but obeying since it was probably the wisest thing to do. “I can defend myself.” She put in quickly as he began to follow the tracks. She didn’t look at him and instead, pressed forwards.
Her sword may have been knocked from her hands in battle, but she had still managed to get out of there alive, even if she did take on a rather painful gash in the process. But even so, she was the one who had dragged Jackdaww out of the mess. She could have easily rode off on that horse and left him. Metaphorically anyway. She knew deep down that she could never leave an innocent man behind. But then again, his innocence was another question. Even though she was gradually getting to know him and doubt that he could be as bad as she first thought, she didn’t want to close that window off completely.
She walked behind Jackdaww, glancing down as she witnessed the odd method of tracing he was doing. She had to admit, it wasn’t something she had ever done in the past, but it hid your own footprints ever so well. It was a shame she wasn’t doing the same thing. So if anyone had decided to track the, they could do it oh so easily. But there was no need to be tracked if you were the one tracking. It seemed almost stupid. They had escaped, luckily, with their lives, and now they were heading back to find those responsible, armed with just a sword. And the man had to resort to using his left hand at that. Sandy didn’t need a sword in all cases, but it helped. And right now, she had never wanted, needed her sword so much in her life. For a few moments, she felt helpless, which is what the man probably thought of her anyway, and vulnerable. Never before had she been ambushed like that, and fought against so many men without a weapon. It was an experience she didn’t want to repeat, but she knew that the likelihood of it was, that she was going to.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Jackdaww knew that Sandy wasn’t happy to stay behind him, but he didn’t feel like he could let her risk getting attacked. He notice several more bodies in the ditches beside the track, and looked for his dagger and Sandy’s sword among them, but saw nothing. He continued walking, but eventually became unsure of where he was going. The tracks had thinned to just a few men, by the looks of it, unless that were walking as he was at that point, and he didn’t quite know weather or not to keep going.
Suddenly, he spotted a glimmer in the mud. He stooped to pick up whatever it was, and uncovered another body under a bush. Lodged in the man’s forehead was his silvery dagger. He pulled it out ferociously, and wiped the blade casually on his shirt. It was a tiny thing, but just enough to hold out against an enemy when used correctly. “Would you like to use this?” he asked, holding the blade out to Sandy carelessly. He obviously didn’t care about it like he did his sword, and didn’t care if it was damaged or lost again. He knew it wouldn’t be enough to hold off an attack, but he would feel better about it if Sandy had some sort of blade until they found her own. He also knew that he couldn’t leave her unarmed to find the stone, even if she could defend herself without it (witch he doubted).
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Ooc;; Sorry for the really late reply, I've been so busy over the last few days.
Bic'' She paused for a moments as he handed a somewhat small dagger out to her. It had a silvery sheen to it, and for a second, the colour reminded her of her own sword. But she quickly passed that thought from her mind. It looked quite useless and a weapon that someone would used as a last resort. Obviously, the man it came from had used it in such way; it didn’t prove to have helped him very much, if at all. Carrying it would probably be of more effort than it was actually worth. She was reluctant to take it, but decided it would be better if she did.
She looked at Jackdaww as she took it, trying to show that she was thankful for it. “Thanks,” she said, before bending down slowly to give it a quick clean on the grass, hoping it would wipe away some of the blood. Even though he had already done this, she wanted to make sure it wasn’t still mangled with the remains of some other person, the thought of it made her feel strange, especially since it wasn’t her own weapons, so she didn’t really know where it had been. It proved to work and she stood up back to full height again to face the man. Her smile broadened a bit as she glanced at the dagger. “So, since it looks like I have another way to defend myself, does that mean you’ll let me walk in front?” Without waiting for his response, she turned in order to set off in the direction of the trail of footprints again. She was used to travelling alone, so it felt weird for her to stay behind someone whilst tracking. But now, there was no reason for her to stay as a shadow, since she could now supposedly defend herself.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Jackdaww sighed in relief, since he knew that he would only have gotten them lost from there. He saw a look of slight disdain on Sandy’s face when he presented her with the dagger, and perfectly understood why, but it sometimes proved useful. He rubbed his right shoulder, remembering one battle where a dagger similar to that one, and forged from the same silvery metal, had saved his life. His sword was sheathed, and he was attacked from behind, but he managed to black a blow that would have killed him and transfer it’s power to his shoulder instead. The blade had shattered shortly after, but he did have some respect for the otherwise useless bits of cutlery, as he otherwise saw them.
He hurried after Sandy, half-running in a fashion that made him look like a lame dog panting after its master, to walk just behind her. He kept looking around discretely to see if the stone was nearby, but saw nothing. He had now lost sight of the thick of the footprints, and was purely trusting Sandy’s guidance for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Thankfully, Jackdaww didn’t object to her leading the way, or at least, she didn’t seem to. Either way, it was sorted now and that was that. She felt more protected when she wa son her own, and therefore when she didn’t have to stay behind someone. For she knew she could trust her responses where as from someone else, it wasn’t the case. Even though she would be more vulnerable to attack, at the same time, it meant she could get a clear shot at the attacker, rather than just risking hitting someone else.
The track of the footprints had disappeared from sight a while ago, and Sandy hadn’t realised she was heading in the direction of the stone out of instinct. She was surprised Jackdaww hadn’t asked anything thing. Maybe those men hadn’t gone straight to the stone, maybe they had some sort of base near by. From the direction of the footprints, it seemed very unlikely, since they seemed to head in that direction, but still. Say if they weren’t there, then Sandy would just be leading Jackdaww straight to it’s whereabouts, and she still didn’t doubt that he wanted the stone for himself. But, where else could they go? If they wanted to find the men, they had to check out all possibilities, which included the location of the stone. She stopped in front of him without warning, she had to think.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:33 pm

Jackdaww nearly fell flat on his face when Sandy stopped. He stumbled, and landed on his knees in a prickly bush. “Ouch.” He muttered, getting up and pulling a few spines out of his legs. He dusted himself down, and looked around, wandering why they had stopped right there. “Why are we…” he trailed off, not sure what to ask, or if he would like the answer. He figured Sandy was just planning a route, or something of the sort. He drew his sword, and twirled it around in his left hand for a bit, his back to sandy. He slashed at the trees as he practised, and was impressed with the outcome. His training session late last night had paid off. He put the weapon away, and turned back to Sandy, wandering where the were in the woods by then. He didn’t recognise it, which meant that the stone could well be nearby, but he wasn’t all that sure if it was worth it anymore…
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Sandy heard Jackdaww stumble...or do something odd behind her a she stared at thee path that lay ahead. She didn’t turn to look at him, but instead thought about what to tell him. Her instincts told her to go to the whereabouts of the stone, but then reason told her not to, not if Jackdaww really was just in it for the object. There was no point in heading off on some false trail, that would just waste time. Slowly, she turned around to look at him. She wasn’t sure what expression her face held, but she didn’t quite care at that particular moment. Other matters were more important.
“Jackdaww,” she said, her face serious. “Why are you here?” She didn’t mean just on the way to retrieve his dagger, but the whole reason why he was in the forest in the first place. What he wanted, and what he intended to do. She had to know, before she made anymore decisions, and if he wouldn’t tell her, then...she didn’t know. It would be a lot harder for sure. Either way, something had to be done.
No more games.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Jackdaww froze, unsure of how to react. Should he tell her that he needed the stone, or make up a lie, or simply stay quiet. He caught sight of his dagger, which was still in Sandy’s possession, and decided that silence wasn’t an option. He glanced down at his mail shirt, and the tiny King’s mark printed on the metal, and decided that the game was up. “Well,” he began, in an uncertain voice, “in case you hadn’t picked up on it, I’m not really a knight.” He knew that it had been a poor guise, and it had already caused too many complications. “It’s no lie that I would have been, but Measle kind of ruined that for me. Not that I would ever think a word against him for it, but I could never complete my training with him.” He’d run out of truth to tell without giving himself away altogether, and stopped, falling into an awkward silence as he tried to piece together a story.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:29 am

She noticed him look quickly at the dagger she was holding, and in turn, she felt the need to look at it as well, but she didn’t. Instead she stayed focused on him. What did he think she was going to do? Stab him if he didn’t tell her? Then she thought back to the time in the forest when they first met, and how if he didn’t move, he would have to have made him move. So yes, fair enough. But that was back when they didn’t know each other. Now was a different matter entirely.
She listened intently as he spoke, keeping silent. She glanced down briefly at his chain mail, before returning her gaze to his face. No that she thought about it, it was kind of obvious. She had never fully believed him the first place anyway. As he went on to explain that he had knight training, she flickered her gaze slightly. That was something she could believe, for he did in fact fight like a knight. But Measle stopped it for him? She was so sure knights could have dragons, yet maybe he meant something completely entirely. Maybe Measle didn’t want him to be.
She bit her lip as she thought to herself. She hadn’t even met this Measle character, and already she was making speculations about him.
When he came silent, Sandy waited for a few more seconds, taking in everything that he had said. She sympathized for him, kind of, but it wasn’t what she had wanted to hear. “You still haven’t answered my question.” She said coolly. All of that information was useless in regards to the fact that she still had to make a decision of where to lead him, and where not to.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Jackdaww shuffled uncomfortably. He thought he knew Sandy well enough to tell her what he was really up to, but he was certain that she would hate him for it. He was just working through the story he planned to tell when something slipped and fell out of his shirt. A scroll – the scroll containing his mission. He stooped to pick it up hastily, but still much too slowly to avoid Sandy noticing. “You know, I just got lost.” He said, stammering and babbling as he attempted to pull of the lie. “I happened to walk into an area I didn’t recognise, and bumped into you?” he finished his sentence as a question, showing just how little he believed his own story, and tucked the scroll back into is shirt as quickly as he could. He needed the stone, or rather, the man who would reward him for it. Without him, he could never know when he’d find Measle, for the man had offered him help, and his services in deciphering the message on his blade. He couldn’t give it up, could he?
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:16 pm

She waited patiently, or as patiently as she could in this situation, for Jackdaww to respond. But instead, something fell from his top, and to her surprise, it was a scroll. Or maybe, it wasn’t surprising. Whatever was on that scroll, it was important, otherwise he wouldn’t have tried to hide it so quickly, or not so quickly. Scrolls held many things, but most of the time, they held job descriptions, and if that was what was upon the one in the man’s hands, then she wanted him to explain. If it was true, then no doubt it was a job to retrieve the stone.
Bull… She stopped herself from speaking out loud, and tried to calm her mind from thinking anymore. “Jack, stop lying for goodness sake.” She was starting to get a little agitated. It was as if he was trying to explain that someone wasn’t a murdered when they had just killed someone in front of her eyes. “I don’t know what you’re trying to hide, but if I’m going to take you any further, then you need to get your act together.” If he had just gotten lost in the forest, then how come he wouldn’t move when she asked? He mentioned he lived near here anyway? So why would he get lost? She knew as a fact, that no one lived near here, other wise the stone wouldn’t be hidden in this place. Just tell the damn truth.
“You can start by telling me what that scroll’s all about.” She said, narrowing her eyes at the piece of parchment in his grasp. If he didn’t tell her, then she would go to the men alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next