Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 am

Jackdaww sighed, giving in altogether. “You are going to hate me for this, but it’s a job. Some creepy old guy said they could help me find Measle again, among other things, if I brought them ‘The Stone’. It’s supposed to be hidden around here.” He announced, feeling horrible small right then. “I don’t trust the old fart, but I was worried that he had Measle.” He heard his voice break a little as he spoke, completely banishing his strong, brave air and showing him to be naught more than a young man who had let his life sweep him off his feet. He coughed, clearing his throat, and then continued, “But I do need that stone. And I am going to find it, no matter what.” He said, standing bolt upright and looking around through the trees.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:25 am

Typical. He was just like all the others. Wanted the stone either for nothing but their greed, or to sell to someone else. And he said he was getting it for someone he didn’t even trust? Smart move. She almost his hissed out loud sarcastically. Even if he did get the stone – which he won’t, she wouldn’t allow it – then there was no guarantee the man would even give or help find this Measle. Now she was starting to doubt whether he even existed, since everything else he had told her had been a lie, so why not that? Who said he didn’t just want it for himself, and used this man as a get-away as so make him seem innocent.
She wanted to sympathize him when she heard his voice crack slightly, and she began to think that he actually did have a dragon, and he was genuinely worried about it’s whereabouts. But as soon as he spoke again with more determination and straightened himself up, she lifted her foot up and turned herself in one step so that she was square on with the man. “No, no you’re not.” She had made up her mind, there was no way she was going to find those men and lead all the way to the location of the stone after he had just told her that.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:38 am

Jackdaww locked eyes with Sandy, and glared. He could feel his confidence leaving him, but he tried to pretend that it wasn’t. Suddenly, he remembered the laugh that the old man had given when he handed him the scroll. “He isn’t going to help me at all.” He realised, muttering under his breath. He pulled out the scroll and held it up, as if studying it, then began to rip the parchment. “You can keep the stupid rock.” He said angrily between rips, “And that old wreck can keep his stinking money.” He shouted, throwing the scraps to the ground. “This was never worth the risk.” He announced, slumping to the floor to rest his back against a tree, much like when they had first met. He didn’t say another word, but he though to himself, “I just want my dragon back.”
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:50 am

She returned the gaze just as fiercely, waiting to see what he would do next. She was prepared to fight if it came to it. And even though she only had a puny little dagger and he had a sword, that didn’t matter. Like hell did she care. She had other means to defend herself. But she was completely taken aback when the man in front of her slumped down next to a tree looking completely defeated. She physically had to stop her from opening her mouth in amazement. This man sure did give up easily. She sighed, looking down at him on the floor. “I’ll help you find your dragon.” She said at last, pitying the poor sight of him. Her voice was a mix of frustration, and sympathy. Any logical person would have just left to get what they had originally set out to do, only something deep inside her told her to stay. “But not until we get my sword back, and your dagger.” She added.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Jackdaww smiled, and stood up again. He was glad that Sandy had taken his confession well, or at least well enough to not want to leave him behind. “Thanks.” He said, bowing his head as if ashamed that he took the job. He didn’t ever really want to go through with it, but now that the parchment was gone, he felt much happier about abandoning it. “Well, now that that’s sorted,” he began, trying to summon some masculinity, “We should get looking again.” He looked visibly more relaxed now that he didn’t have any further secrets to hide, but he was a little worried about how much he had given away. If Sandy had been a different sort of person, she could have forced him to do anything based on what he had blurted to her since meeting her, but he didn’t see her as the sort of person to do that. He hoped she wasn’t anyway.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:01 pm

She didn’t know what to think. Whether what she had just done was stupid, or a logical thing to do. So she decided to clear her mind and set it on what they still had to do. She only hoped the rest of the journey would go well. If they kept having arguments like this, then the men could have grown old and died by the time they reached them. “Yes.” She said simply. With that, she turned and pressed forwards at a quicker pace than before. Now she didn’t have to bother looking at the ground constantly to look as if she was following the tracks the men had made. She knew exactly where she was going, so there was no need for wasting time. Enough had gone by already.
She set an even pace – as even as possible in this forest – as she wove her way in and out of the trees. He side stung a little with every step she took with her right foot, but it wasn’t enough to stop her from going about what needed to be done. For the next few, minutes, she didn’t even turn behind to check what Jackdaww was doing, or if he was actually there, her mind was clear now, and she was set entirely on completing what she had set out to do in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Jackdaww followed, keeping pace with sandy relatively easily. He managed not to trip that time, and leapt over stray roots with a certain grace that seemed impossible – especially for him. He was such an ungainly person, and exceptionally accident prone, but he could leap and run like a faerie. He was certainly an unusual character, to say the least. Sandy clearly knew where she was going, and Jackdaww was tempted to ask why, but he though he would give things time to blow over first, and for the tension to pass.
They went quickly, and before long, Jackdaww felt so certain that the men were nearby that he drew his sword as an early precaution. He could just feel it in his bones that something was afoot.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:33 pm

As she paced forwards, she heard the sliding of metal behind her and through instinct, she turned to see what it was. “What’s up?” She asked, watching as Jackdaww unsheathed his sword. She hadn’t seen, or heard any men nearby for that matter, but maybe he had? She scanned the forest relatively quickly, checking that she hadn’t missed anything. Nope, nothing there. So what was up? Seeing him prepare for a fight with his sword made Sandy want hers back all the more. She tightened her hand around her dagger, just incase something was a foot that she had totally looked over. She missed the blue stone in her sword that shone whenever she touched it during a battle. The dagger almost felt like a replacement, and she hated it. But then again, there was nothing more she could do as of now. Everything that cold be done was being done.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 8:46 pm

“Well, you know that tension you get before a huge battle? I can feel it. Call me what you will, but I don’t really want to get ambushed again.” He said, but he did slacken his grip a little. He was starting to think that it was just the woods that were creeping him out, but he didn’t understand why. “Lets hurry up and find them, though.” He said, looking back cautiously. A bird crowed somewhere, setting his teeth on edge, but he continued to follow Sandy down the vague path in the underbrush. He also continued to occasionally leap over something in his unusual way, and practically danced down the path, light on his feet as ever. He still managed to almost trip every few minutes, but that was just because he was Jackdaww.
As they walked, Jackdaww thought he saw a light ahead. Through the trees, little sunlight could reach them, but he was sure that there was some sort of clearing ahead. He couldn’t see into it, just a ray of brighter light giving it away, which could have been nothing, but he had a good feeling about the path ahead.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Ooc;; Apologies for the mega late reply, I've been so busy it's unbelievable. D:

She looked at him for a few seconds, listening to what he had to say, and figuring what to make of it. He didn’t seem like the superstitious type, but who knew. She had to admit thought, she did often feel the same thin, but not right now. Maybe it was because she was relatively calm about the whole matter, even though she didn’t know why. Probably because she was expecting anything to happen so soon. But the dream she had last night, proved that nothing was as simple as that. Even the very fact that they had been ambushed the day before. Perhaps she shouldn’t be so calm, perhaps she should in fact, be just like Jackdaww. Nervous but aware of everything. That way she might not have lost her sword.
She quickened her pace at the sense of the man’s urgency, feeling herself quite glad of the action. She was getting quite used to the odd, well, frequent trips from Jackdaww. He was quite an odd character himself, but she wasn’t one to complain.
Ahead, she could vaguely see an opening in the trees. They were almost there. The gaps in the trees were slowly becoming more gradual, and pretty soon they would be in another opening. Now, she felt the need to raise her dagger. Purposely, she began to make her footfalls quieter, and she hoped that Jackdaww would get the hint to do the same thing. She flicked the weapon around slightly, rotating her wrist to get it loose and ready incase they met any opposition. Which she sincerely hoped they didn’t.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:32 pm

((ooc;; it's ok ^^ I've been rather poffy because I have to make my GCSE option decisions :L))

Jackdaww noticed that he couldn’t hear Sandy’s footsteps any longer. He looked at her to check she was still there and almost tutted at his foolishness. How could she have vanished in a few seconds? He realised that she must have a reason for it, and decided to keep quiet anyway. His footsteps had seemed heavy and loud before because of his unusual, half jogging style of walking, but when he steadied his pace they were almost silent. It seemed that he weighed nothing, and in truth, he didn’t weigh much anyway. He wasn’t particularly small, but he was incredibly light all the same.
Instead of drawing his sword in readiness, he fully sheathed it to move his sword belt. As it was, he couldn’t draw with his left hand because the hilt of his sword lay at his right hip. By shifting it around, he had it within easy reach. He felt much safer with it there, since he could still run freely if he had to, so he left it locked in its sheath.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Sandy moved gradually forward, hopping from tree to tree, trying to stay in as much shadow as she could. She had to admit, moving like this was a lot harder when she had to remember exactly where she was going. She was use to moving in straight lines, not bouncing in-between trees. Without looking back to check if Jackdaww was still there, which she presumed he was, she took the last few steps onto the rim of the clearance. Instead of grass now, there was a circular path of dirt, the borderline of it a small wall of rocks about a metre high. It looked almost natural, but she knew that it wasn’t. It had been stood like this for many years, so aging with the forest and blending in. Taking a deep breath and tightening her grip on the sword, she put her free hand on the wall and jumped her legs over it. She landed with a short wince after pulling her side, but tried to ignore it.
The sun shone down brilliantly on the dirt, it was almost overwhelming. Squinting her eyes, Sandy looked quickly around the dirt circle, but saw nothing that shouldn’t be there. No men, no nothing.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:06 am

Jackdaww followed Sandy, stumbling occasionally, until they came to a small wall. Sandy climbed over carefully in front of him, and he took a running jump at it to land sprawled over the top. He kicked his legs in an attempt to make it all the way over, but just ended up slumped over the wall. Shuffling around, he managed to pull his body forward, before slipping and landing head-first on the ground. The clatter disturbed the silent clearing, but as he lifted his head he could see no one else there. It was so calm that it almost looked like it was on-purpose: like it was a set up and nothing more. Rubbing his head, he looked around, and shifted his crumpled shape into a sitting position and tried to get his bearings.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:24 am

The peaceful clearing was somewhat disrupted by the sudden crashing of Jackdaww’s body onto the floor. Sandy let out a small sigh, not even wanting to turn around and see what stupid thing the man had done now. She swore he had the mental stupidity of a two-year-old or something. Everything was quiet, too quiet. No birds were chirping, and there was no sign of any animals roaming around, which normally there were. “Get your sword out Jack,” she said quietly, almost scared that someone was listening in on their conversation. “And get up off the floor,” she added half-heartedly. He was no good if they got attacked if he was crawling about on the floor. With that, she began to walk slowly across the clearing, not allowing her footsteps to make any noise. She only hoped that Jackdaww did the same, and didn’t do some amazing circus trick in the process.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Jackdaww hung his head a little, wincing, as he noticed the tone of disappointment in Sandy’s voice. He did as she asked, however, and drew his sword, gripping his hand over the sheath to prevent it clicking as he loosened it. He trod carefully, trying to make up for the crash made by his fall. For someone so light he had made an awful lot of noise, but now his lightness helped him walk as quietly as a ghost. He didn’t see anything strange, or hear anything unusual, but he knew that Sandy still suspected the place. For that reason alone he stayed silent.

He caught up with her in after a few steps, and walked just behind and to the side of her, still silent. He stood up straight and tried to act grown-up, just as a child might in front of its parents, as if to –rove that he wasn’t always that clumsy, but the effect was much less impressive than he had hoped. His oversized chain mail still looked too big, and he had leaves in his hair.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:20 pm

Sandy flicked her gaze to the corner of her eyes to see a figure appear behind her. She was thankful that he hadn’t made a racket walking over to her, but after the fall from before, who knew who was watching, or what was watching. She moved the dagger in her hand around a little, as if making sure it was still there. If anything happened now, she knew she wouldn’t prove to be much use, what with the gash in her side, but she wouldn’t go down without a fight.

All of a sudden, there was a small noise behind the outskirts of the circle opposite to them. Sandy’s grip on the dagger tightened, and she instinctively stopped moving. They were in the middle of the clearing by now and couldn’t see directly over any part of the wall. She turned her head sideways slightly, not taking her gaze off the place where the noise had come from. “Stay here,” she said to Jackdaww, the noise from her lips barely audible.
Gradually stepping forwards, she came to the edge of the wall, the dagger held up by her shoulder, ready to stab at anything that posed a threat. Gritting her teeth and preparing herself for the pain that would soon shoot up her side, she jump over the rock in one clean bounce and brought the dagger up even higher in the air.

To her surprise, there was nothing there. Only few pockets of grass where the wall met the earth, and that was it. Almost immediately, she felt her body relax a little and she lowered the dagger back down to her hip. She returned her gaze back over the wall to where Jackdaww was standing. “It’s okay,” she began. “There’s no-” her sentence was cut short as from out of nowhere, a man appeared from behind a tree. She felt a hand wrap itself around her mouth and another around her waist.
Without thinking, she began to struggle, trying to move the hands which were pressing into her side in an attempt to position the dagger in a better place. But the man was too strong compared to her slender figure, instead, the grip tightened and pain shot up her side. It all happened so fast, and she was still completely dazed by the situation as he began to drag her backwards. However, she finally managed to wriggle around and bring her teeth down hard onto the man’s hand. To her satisfaction, she heard him yell and the grip around her mouth loosened completely.
“Jack!” she yelled as a sudden rush of air filled her lungs, “run!”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:17 pm

Jackdaww flinched when he heard Sandy shout, before realising what must be happening. He thought about running, but he knew that he could never clear his conscience if he did. Tiptoeing silently to the wall, ducked behind it to see what was going on. Sandy seemed to be handling herself fairly well, but the man behind her still looked suspicious. Well, grabbing a woman from behind and covering her mouth does tend to give that impression. His sword chinked against the cold stone, and he could feel his heart throbbing in his chest, but he stayed perfectly still, waiting for an opportunity to attack.

After waiting a few moments to gather his thoughts, however, he discarded that plan and jumped. From a standstill he jumped clean over the wall to land on the other side of Sandy and the man. “Let her go.” He said – his voice quiet and level, with just the slightest tremor of threat in it. “Now.”

He knew Sandy would be frustrated that he hadn’t run, but he told himself that she would learn to be grateful eventually - just like he would eventually learn to function fully on his own. The sword felt terrifyingly light compared to the weapons the men had had the day before, and for a moment doubt entered his thoughts, but he refused to let it in. Skill is twice as important as brute force, he told himself, as I have proved before. The first time he had beaten one of the senior knights crossed his thoughts, and he felt exhilarated, and ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:32 pm

She struggled with all her might, kicking in a desperate attempt to break free from the man’s clutches. But every time there was a glimmer of chance she could break free, and every time she struggled a little harder, the grip on her tightened even more. The man had given up completely on trying to silence her, deciding that the best chance he had was focussing all of his strength on the vicious bundle entangled within his muscular arms. “Get off me!” She spat, but of course, that did no good either.

When to her surprise, Jackdaww bounded over the wall and in front of them. She wasn’t sure to be angry, that he had done the stupid thing, or thankful, because by the looks of things, there was no way she was getting rid of this man by herself. But whichever mood came to her first, would have to wait until later.
As Jackdaww spoke, the man seemed to ease his grip on her ever so slightly. He turned his head slightly to look at the man before him, sword pointed in their direction. A few seconds later, the man smiled. “Listen boy,” he began, “this is not your fight. Leave. Don’t make me have to kill you.”
Seeing one last chance at getting free since his attention was elsewhere, she kicked her leg backwards and felt her foot connect with his shin. The man let out a grunt of pain and coiled backwards slightly. Sandy struggled as hard as she had ever struggled before, but she had just made a bad move. The man seemed to growl at her as he straightened himself back up. “How dare you!” He yelled. Suddenly, an immense amount of pain shot up her side as she felt his fist dig hard into her bandage. Sandy couldn’t do anything but hear herself yell out from pain.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Sandy’s cry brought a burst of anger forth from Jackdaww. “How dare you!” he seethed, his face reddening as he raised his sword. “How dare you hurt her like that? Unhand her, or I’ll unhand YOU!” he shouted, jabbing his sword at the man’s wrist just hard enough to give the tiniest of cuts. Suddenly, his oversized, stolen chain mail felt perfect, and he truly felt like the knight he had always wanted to be, rescuing damsels in distress and all the rest.

Shifting his sword uncomfortably in his left hand, he still looked awkward with it, but he was confident that he was safer tackling the man than Sand would be. His wrist throbbed in sync with his speeding heartbeat, and when he allowed himself a downward glance he could see a perfect red ‘X’ shape bleeding through the linen bandage. Well, it was a lopsided ‘X’ because the two slashes crossed near the outer side of his wrist, but the shape was perfectly defined in fresh blood from the cracking cuts. It looked like something a child might draw on his arm with red ink, to impress his friends, but put into context; it made him look even angrier.

(ooc;; I didn’t want to powerplay the man in case he was a character you wanted to play. If you aren’t just tell me please )
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 am

Ooc;; Nono, feel free to do whatever you want with him, I just brought him in for the sake of it. You can do the same for anyone else I randomly tag in/bring in yourself, I don’t mind. ^^;

Bic;;

Sandy’s side throbbed uncontrollably, and she could feel herself starting to focus all of her energy on not trying to move to much now, even though the man was somewhat shifting her about quite painfully. Her struggles were diminishing now, a frantic attempt to reduce the tight grasp the man had around her.
She looked her gaze up to Jackdaww as he spoke, and she noticed him becoming redder in the face. He was either being incredibly stupid, or somewhat brave. Or both, perhaps. This could turn into a fully fledged death battle, or maybe the man could give them both a quick escape. Damn it. She thought to herself, why didn’t I bring the horse? Surely that animal wold give them a quick and easy escape. Unless it was trained, of course. But by the looks of it, it wasn’t trained very well at all.

Wondering what was going to happen next, or in fact what the hell she should do, she watched Jackdaww’s sword cut at the man’s wrist. Any other time, Sandy would of quite happily put a bolt of lightning energy through the man, but with Jackdaww so close, and her in such an awkward position, she wasn’t guaranteed to hit. After all, all she could focus it n was his arms, and that wouldn’t do much good. No, if she was going to use her energy up like that, she wanted a clean hit. Within the next few moments however, her questions were answered, as the man threw her across onto the grass and quickly unsheathed his sword, pointing it directly opposite Jackdaww. Sandy landed with a thud and rolled along the grass a few times, before coming to a stop. She pushed forwards on her hands to try and get into a sitting position, trying to ignore her side a much as possible. Her eyes focused and what the hell was about to happen now.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:41 am

“So it’s a duel you want?” Jackdaww asked, his face contorting into a huge, wry grin. “Well, why not. Care to tell me your name, or shall we bypass the rulebook for the sake of the dishonour you have already shown?” he asked. The man looked furious with him, as if mincing his words was only making the battle more difficult. “I take that as no. Fine then.” Jackdaww smiled, setting his feet apart into a fighting stance. His eyes glittered silvery for a moment as his sword reflected in them, and then flashed red.

The two stared at each other wordlessly for a few moments, before something inside the stranger seemed to snap. He unleashed an attack at Jackdaww that almost caught him off guard. Jackdaww flung his sword up in an attempt to stop it, and it glanced off, just missing his neck. Following the movement through in a graceful arc, Jackdaww hacked at the man’s left leg, only to find a parry waiting for him. He cursed internally, and looked for another opening.

Feinting left, Jackdaww lunged for the man’s sword arm, and widened the little warning cut he had left there just enough for the man to wince, before attacking his left side. He scored one hit there, his sword biting the man’s side, yet not halting the man’s attacks, before the next wave of attacks came. Sparks and droplets of blood fell from the clashing swords as Jackdaww parried, with all the cocky confidence of a master fencer, and he even put his right hand behind his back to do so. He may be a fairly useless human being in any everyday situation, but this he could manage, and he knew that the only sure-fire way to win a battle heavily against you was to make your opponent angry enough to drop his guard.

The man backed off, turning a little red in the face at not striking a hit, and twiddled his wider long sword in one hand. Jackdaww returned the gesture with a flourish of activity for his finger, and twirled his own sword high, over his head, and back to his hand with a twirl. However, by allowing the man to distract him, he had left an opening for him. Pain erupted from his right elbow as the man struck at it, before he managed to catch the second attack on the flat of his blade. Plunging back into the heavy battle, Jackdaww didn’t let his guard drop again.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 4:14 pm

As Sandy shifted positions to get into a more comfortable position, she regretted it as another burst of pain shot through her body. She half moaned to herself through pain, half through frustration. If she carried on like this, then she didn’t know how long she would be able to last. Surely she could just get used to the pain, right? Her nagging side was becoming more and more of a common thing. Everything would be that bit more easier to deal with if she could just move around properly.

Gritting her teeth, she finally pushed placed her hands on the grassy floor and pushed herself up into a sitting position. She didn’t even want to look to see what damage had been done. Focussing her gaze to a few metres away from her, she was quite surprised to see two men, dancing around and playing with their swords. Well, it looked like that from a distance. It reminded her of how her father used to train her. He would fight with her, one arm around his back, teasing her. It would always get her angry, so angry that she would start to do stupid mistakes. That was presumably what Jackdaww was doing now, winding up his opponent by being arrogant, hoping for him to slip up so he could take the blow.

Oh, no, wait! She almost shouted, “Jack, don’t kill him!” She gasped. Maybe they could question him, figure out where he was going to take her, what exactly they wanted and why. They wouldn’t be able to find that out if Jackdaww killed him. “He’s no good to us dead!” She breathed. With that, she figured she was no use on the floor, no one ever was in a fight, so why was she still there?
Angry at herself for being so stupid, she gradually picked herself up, stumbling slightly as she flinched again at the pain. But eventually, she looked up back to where Jackdaww and the man fought. Walking as fast as she could in her condition over to where the dagger had flown out of her hand, she gradually picked it up and held it out in front of her, still a few metres away from the fight in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Jackdaww was too wrapped up in the battle to give a proper response, but flung his useless right arm into the air to show he had heard – the Red Cross facing Sandy. Bringing his arm back to his side, Jackdaww lunged, but made sure his target was the man’s legs. He caught him in one kneecap, making him falter and stumble, and held his blade to the man’s neck. “Our duel is over, and you have lost, good sir. My knight’s oath is unbroken, as I never killed an unnamed man, and now you are going to help us.” He said, standing over the man and holding him in submission with the blade. It was pressing just hard enough on his neck to draw a thin line of blood, but the man had managed not to sustain any serious injuries in the battle. He had been humiliated, not harmed. Finally, just to deepen the man’s humiliation, Jackdaww dropped to his knees, sword still at the man’s neck, and whispered in his ear. “And you know what? I’m not left handed.” He chuckled. The man turned a deep shade of red, and Jackdaww thought for a moment that he was going to attack, but the man stayed his hand. Shame was more powerful weapon than Jackdaww had suspected.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 pm

Ooc;; Feel free to make him say whatever/make something up, I'll go with anything. (:

Bicc;;
Sandy watched as Jackdaww flung his unused hand in the air to acknowledge her comment. She wondered whether he was playing the arrogant trick on her now, or whether he still wanted to impress and show off against the man he was dueling with. Whatever it was, Sandy couldn’t help but notice the red ‘x’ shape that was appearing on the man’s hand. The bandage, well, cloth, would have to be changed, for it wasn’t much good to him now. But sometimes a little bleed was a sign that it was healing, so maybe it was a god sign, who knew.
Her thoughts escaped her head as the man fell to the floor, and slightly bloodied sword up against his neck. It was over. Or so she thought. Her heart beat faster as Jackdaww bent down to the man’s level to whisper something in his ear, something she didn’t quite hear. Perhaps a stupid move, for the man could so easily tackle him again, but to her relief, he didn’t. Yes, definitely over.

Sandy stated to walk forwards, only to feel another bloody shot of pain strike her side. It felt like she was being stabbed, and she half wanted to keel over, but didn’t. Taking a few seconds to compose herself, she began to walk forwards again towards the pair. Every time she placed her right leg down completely onto the grass, she felt like someone was twisting her in half, so she had to resort to a small limp. She tried to cover it up as best she could, hoping to cover up any signs of pain she was showing.
She walked straight, not taking her eyes off the man on the floor, not even glancing over to Jackdaww. The man on the floor turned to look at her, his face scarlet. “Who do you work for?” Sandy asked, trying to make her voice sound as stern as possible, but what came out was some sort of hoarse noise. “Where are you all at?”
The humiliated man half-grinned, as if trying to get some at least some satisfaction from this fight by winding her up. “You won’t be able to fight them.” He smiled, as if purposely not caring that he had a sword at his throat. “If you get hurt that easily miss, you don’t stand a chance. A bit of a disappointment, actually.”
She could feel herself becoming angrier herself, but she tried her very best not to let it show. She could so easily send a blast of lightning energy through to the man’s throat and kill him, but she needed whatever energy she had for later, because know knew what, or who, was waiting for them.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Jackdaww’s lips rose into a snarl, and he jerked his sword tip to the man’s cheek. “Lucky she doesn’t have to manage alone, then, isn’t it? Now, answer her! Who sent you here?” he asked. He didn’t understand what the big deal was about, but he was still pumped full of adrenaline from the fight, and the words seemed to make perfect sense.

The man hung his head, and Jackdaww decided not to press that particular matter, but he did demand information about the other men. “They were here before, but they all scattered when we heard someone fall into the dead leaves over there,” the man simpered, “I don’t know where they are now.” Jackdaww snarled again, but more in frustration than anything else.

It took him a long moment to notice how soft Sandy’s voice had been, but once he realised, he noticed her limp too. The wound on her side must have jarred as the man had thrown her to the ground – causing the pain.

Thinking of wounds reminded Jackdaww of his now useless bandage. He pulled the end of it, and the cloth unwound in a delicate spiral, leaving just the splint that was tied on with thinner strips of fabric. The cuts were healing, but they were still painfully deep, and oozed a transparent liquid when he twisted his wrist too much. In doing so, he had to sheath his sword, but the man knew better than to attack him then. He was perfectly capable of drawing again, and slitting his throat, and the man seemed to understand that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next