Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Jackdaw put a hand out to stop Sandy. “No, first you need to wrap that up. Here, take this.” he said, ripping another length of linen from the bottom of his shirt. It was relatively clean, since he had put a fresh one on yesterday, and that was what he’d used on his. However, he too was worried about his own dagger, so he wasn’t entirely against going back. He knew enough about the value of swords to know that she couldn’t have another forged and have it end up exactly the same, and he knew he would be devastated without his. In fairness, his did have the only reminder that he’d ever had a family upon it, but still. Then he remembered the mess on his own blade, and sat down to clean it. He pulled a rag out of his shoe and ran it down the blade, spiting on it to remove the mud and blood inside the spiralling patterns. “I’ll help you get it back.” he said absently, his mind a mile away, but part of him was really worried. If Sandy ended up in another fight, he was sure that she would have trouble defending herself without a sword OR he full strength. He considered going himself, but as he looked down at his own, useless and possibly broken hand, he realised how stupid that was. “We can get it tomorrow.” He said at length, “But we both need to recover from that. What did they want anyway?” he asked, hoping that Sandy would have some idea, since she seemed to know why he was there himself. He continued polishing his blade, and making sure he got every speck of dirt away from the messily engraved inscription, as he tried to read it one last time.
“The other blackbird.” He whispered under his breath, not sure what to make of that phrase. He was sure it had to be the key to understanding it, but he couldn’t. Not yet anyway. He shook the thought away, and turned to sandy again. She looked weaker again, and he was genuinely concerned now. “You sure you’re ok?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at her.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Sandy’s thoughts were stopped as a hand was thrust out in front of her. She looked at him, not sure what to say. It was hard to believe that not long ago, she had thought this man was bad, right down to the core. With nothing but a deceitful plot in his mind, who would lie to get what he wanted. Now she was having second thoughts. If he had wanted the stone so badly, then he would probably attacked her by now, or at least been a part of the ambush beforehand. But no, he wasn’t.
“Thank you,” she said quietly, taking the linen from him. The bleeding was beginning to stop, and so carefully, she wrapped the material around her body, before tying it in a knot at the back and holding her breath as she did so. Once finished, she rolled the bottom of her top back down over the newly-formed bandage and looked over to where Jackdaww was. She [paused for a few seconds as she took in what he just said. Help her? Now she felt almost guilty that she had first accused him of being what she thought. He could have easily fled, gone away back to his town, but instead, he stayed here. Had he lost a weapon as well? Honestly, she hadn’t seen most of the fight between Jackdaww and the men, so there was every chance he had.
“Yes.” She said, shaking her head of her thoughts again. Going back now was a stupid idea, what was she thinking? Those men were probably looking for them right about now, so going back would probably be suicide. At his question, she hesitated before turning around to look at the gray mare who now nibbled on the grass. “The same thing you want. But I fear there’s something more to it.” Desperately wanting to change the subject, she recalled the thought of those me. “We should go, it gets cold at night, we need a place to make shelter, maybe a cave, or something.” She was being more logical now, since the shock of the ambush was dying down. She simply nodded half-heartedly at his comment whether she was okay. No she wasn’t, but she wasn’t going to let it show.
“We should get going.” She mumbled, looking at the horse. She didn’t quite fancy the idea of mounting the horse again, she didn’t want to do anymore damage. “I think I’ll walk.”
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:48 pm

Jackdaww grinned at the mention of shelters. “Well, you’re in luck. We’re quite near one of my old ones – it should only take five minutes to walk, judging from the tracks. You don’t spend fourteen years living in a tree without picking up how to build one, after all.” He laughed, proud of himself for some unknown reason. He loved it when he could be useful. Then, as he turned to slide his sword back into its sheath, he felt the rub of the scroll inside his shirt, and remembered why he was there. It pained him to think of leaving, and he couldn’t right then, but he would have to look again some time. He decided that he’d wait to see that Sandy was alright, being as much of a gentleman as he could and using every formality he could remember from his time in court. He even kept up his guise of being a knight, since without that status, he really was nothing. He clambered to his feet, and held out a hand to help Sandy do likewise, and hoped she would accept shelter in his little hut further north. It would certainly be big enough, because he had built it to hold Measle as well as himself, but by now it would look a mess. A few repairs would patch it up, but he feared it might look more like a pile of twigs when he first saw it. Oh well, it was a risk he would have to take.
He also nodded at her saying that she would walk. “Quite frankly, I am not getting on that animal again.” He announced, keeping a clear distance of it, and looking like a frightened child as he stepped away from its movements. He almost jumped out of his skin as a bird called from high in a tree. He looked up, and saw that it was a young jackdaw. The black feathers of the creature reminded him again about the last part of the inscription. He shook it off quickly, trying not to think about it, but the bird was nagging at his mind. He would check the inscription again when they had made camp, he decided, and then he wouldn’t need to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:10 pm

She raised an eyebrow. “You spent fourteen years living in a tree?” Whether this was true, or just an exaggeration, it lifted her spirits nonetheless. But the thought of having some sort of shelter calmed her a little, it gave her a little bit of hope that tall of this may not end badly. Plus, quite frankly, she didn’t really want to spend a night out in the forest now she knew of the men that lurked here. Who knew where they could be now? The thought frightened her slightly, but angered her more.
She smiled at Jackdaww’s remark about the horse. She didn’t find them scary at all, she quite enjoyed riding them, it was very different from riding a dragon she had to admit, but every once and a while, it was a nice change. But the previous ride she had just encountered wasn’t fun one bit. A few times she had been in battle upon riding Silverwing, both of them working as a pair doing whatever they needed to do. But a horse was not like that at all. When you rode a horse, it could bolt off in any direction at the slightest sound, unless properly trained. Even then, you couldn’t communicate with it properly, if at one point a horse resorted back to it’s animal instincts, there was nothing you could do to stop it.
Right now, she felt completely hopeless, and it had been a while since she had felt like this. Even on her own, on separate missions from her dragon, she had an idea what was going on, and an idea of what to expect. But now, she felt like a fish out of water. That ambush had come from what seemed no where, and who knew what was going to happen next.
“Lead the way.” The said, looking at him. But then she noticed how easily his attention was caught by a bird. She wasn’t an expert, but she could tell what it was. It just seemed like a coincidence, that a bird who had the same name as him appeared on the scene. But by the look on Jackdaww’s face, there was something more to it, and she didn’t know what. Was he up to something after all?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Jackdaww headed in the direction of his shelter from a few weeks ago, following the trees alone. Also, there was the occasional small dragon footprint marking the somewhat more ragged route Measle had taken. He was slightly concerned because the bird seemed to be following them, and it was really starting to show. His fingers traced the engraving again and again, as they always did when he was nervous, and his steps seemed jagged and unsteady, and hastily rushed.
Finally, a small mountain of leaves appeared, with a huge piece of bark in place of a door. There was a large hole in the roof, but otherwise the shelter was fine, and it still looked like heaven to Jackdaww. “Here we are.” He announced, proudly presenting one of the sturdiest shelters he had slept in for a good long time. He kicked a few twigs out of the way and took a seat on a large log. It was exactly how he remembered it (minus one certain under-sized dragon), and seeing it gave him a little comfort.
Then he caught sight of the bird again, perching on one of the twigs at the top of the shelter. A shiver ran down his back and set his teeth on edge at the very sight of it. Hastily, he pulled out his sword, ignoring the pain in his right wrist as he did so, and laid it across his knees to have a good look at the inscription. Immediately he picked out the phrase: ‘the other Blackbird’, and the word ‘family’ further up, but these were nothing new. He sighed in frustration as nothing presented itself to him, and threw the blade to the ground to scare away the bird. In a clatter of metal and a fluttering of wings, it fled, and Jackdaww visibly relaxed. Then he turned to Sandy. “Make yourself at home.” He told her, smiling such a false smile that it would have made an animal flee, before leaping to his feet to fix the roof. The speed at which he moved showed that he was still terrified, but he thought that a routine job like fixing the hole would calm his nerves – at least a little bit.

Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Sandy followed the path Jackdaww began to take, weaving in and out of the trees and every now and again, she noticed the footprint of a sort of dragon. It turned out, they were going in the same direction, so she wondered whether this man had a dragon as well? But if he did, then where was it now? Keeping her thoughts to herself and her head down, she followed the man until they came to the camp. All the while, she had been watching how that little bird seemed to follow them, and sent Jackdaww into some sort of hysteria. Every now and again, she had to adjust her speed in order to keep the same distance away from him, there were times when she thought he would just bolt off like a scared animal at any point. But thankfully, it didn’t come to that.
The scene wasn’t what she expected, but at the same time, she didn’t feel disappointed. It looked a cozy, snug little place, which would no doubt survive the cool nights. She did however, notice a rather large-looking hole in the roof, so if it rained, it would be bad news. But then again, it meant they could light a fire and it had a place for the smoke to escape. Sandy sent a smile in the direction of the man as he welcomed her to his…no, she couldn’t call it a home, could she? “Very impressive,” she found herself admitting. If he had made this, which it looked like he had, then yes, it was actually quite amazing, in an odd way. She was about to make conversation as she entered through the wooden door, but was silence as his sword noisily crashed into the ground. The jackdaw in the tree flew away and at the same time, seemed to send the man into a terrified frenzy. What was so creepy about the bird anyway? The man in front of her madly ran to the roof and began fixing it like the world was going to end at any second. From what she saw, he wasn’t doing a very good job at it.
“Jackdaww?” She whispered, a bit cautious as to why he was doing this, and whether he would suddenly turn on her from fear. As he continued to work, she spoke again, but louder. “Jackdaww!” Hopefully that would get his attention. She walked over to him slowly, “are you okay? What’s wrong?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Jackdaww took a huge breathe and turned to Sandy. “I’m fine. The bird just scared me a bit.” He told her, before slotting the last twig into the hole in the roof. Then, he rushed to pick up his sword again do that it wasn’t damaged, and slotted it carefully back into its sheath. He sat down near Sandy and let out a worried, shuddering breath. He didn’t really understand why he was so freaked out by one bird that just happened to have the same name as him, but he was.
Kicking some more twigs out before doing so, Jackdaww slammed the bark door closed. It would be an exaggeration to say that it was warm, but the interlocking twigs of the walls and roof and the packed moss floor kept the chill of the coming night out quite nicely.
“What could that mean? ‘The other Blackbird’, what a crazy sort of saying is that? I wonder -” Jackdaww muttered, unaware that he was speaking aloud - and quite loudly at that. He glanced at the handle of his sword, and caught sight of another word. “Starling.” He read, “That’s a kind of black bird. Interesting…”
He was still oblivious to the fact he was speaking aloud, but the way he had phrased his thoughts certainly opened the opportunity for more secrets to leak out. Also, that was the second time he had blurted something about the inscription, so a question about it had to be on its way. Sandy must have some small idea by then of what was going on, from the way he reacted to the bird and from his random mutterings.
Jackdaww caught himself mumbling suddenly, and clapped his hand to his mouth. “How much of that did I just say aloud?” he asked, cringing. He knew he had blurted almost everything about his mission, but at least he still had his guise of a knight to hide behind. For the time being, that was.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:05 pm

She looked at him, an expression on her face as if knowing he was lying. “Scared you?” She echoed. It did a bit more than that, if he got scared by bird about the size of a hand, then who knows what he would be like at the size of a phoenix. Surely this man didn’t have a dragon as well. She cleared her head of her thoughts and watched as he sat down. He looked like he had just woken up from the world’s worst nightmare.
Then he started talking, well, re-reading the inscription on his sword’s handle outside. It wasn’t the first time she had seen him doing this. Quite a few times she had caught him tracing over some markings on the metal, an amazed, but wondrous expression on his face. She wondered if he even knew what they meant. And it became apparent that he didn’t when he started speaking.
The other Blackbird? Sandy stayed silent as he spoke aloud, it was as if his thoughts had taken over his mouth for a moment or two. Did he even know what he was doing? Oh no, apparently not. She was beginning to wonder if it was even his sword, or whether he had stolen it and that was the reason he didn’t have a clue what it meant. But if he had stolen it, then he wouldn’t be so attached to it. She looked at him and smiled. “Um, everything, I think.” She gave him a moment to think, before continuing. “What do you mean, ‘Blackbird?’ You mean you don’t know what it is?” He seemed to be a pretty good swordsman, and she found it very straight indeed that he didn’t have an idea of what his own sword was.
“How did you come across that sword?” She found herself asking, wondering what the story behind it was. Even though he looked completely shocked and terrified that he had just told what seemed like personal information to her, she tried to let him know that she wasn’t going to judge him for it. Her tone was calm, but curious.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Jackdaww looked hurt when she suggested that it wasn’t his. “This sword was a gift.” he told her, clutching it to his chest like a precious jewel. He held it in such a way that form where sandy was sat, she could probably read the first line of the inscription, and the only real part that Jackdaww had always been able to read: ‘for my only son.’
“You forget that I was – I mean, am, a knight.” He said, stammering a little trying not to unearth bitter memories about his father. “I was given great gifts in the King’s own court.” In truth, it wasn’t a lie. He had been given great things like the sword, and he had lived in the king’s court, so he felt quite happy fabricating the story to suit his needs.
However, he didn’t think Sandy was convinced. He thought about staying silent, but a strange sort of helplessness came over him, and he told her some of the truth.
“My father left me this before he left. He’s dead now, or as good as, so this is all I have.” He said. “And Measle.” He added a little more quietly, not sure if she had heard or not. He sat up straight and dusted himself down, as though he had said not a word, and continued his normal show of bravery, but both he and Sandy knew that he was lying to himself. Jackdaww looked out of a tiny peep hole in one wall to check how late it was, and shuddered at the sight of the jackdaw outside, along with a few crows. He tried not to let it show, but the whole inscription really scared him, especially now that parts of it seemed to be coming true.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Sandy looked at him as he explained what seemed very important to him. As he hugged it, she did in fact see some text, and she managed to read the word ‘son’ from where she was now seated. She went to open her mouth to response to his mix-up of words at being a knight, it was obvious that he didn’t want her to know that he wasn’t one. At least, not anymore. But then again, these were just assumptions from what he didn’t intend to say. Instead, she let her thoughts wander over to the second part of what he had to say. She nodded sympathetically at the mention of his father, and the impression she got was that he was alone in the world. But then he mentioned ‘Measle.’ At first thought, she guessed this was his dragon, who owned the footsteps that led up here.
“Measle?” She asked, but then decided against asking anymore questions, for he didn’t seem in the right state to answer any. She understood that it must be hard for him to explain this, especially if he didn’t have anyone else to talk to. She watched as he looked through a gap in the twigs. For a second, she thought about asking the real reason why he was so scared. But again, she decided against it.
Slowly, she stood up and headed towards the bark door. “I’ll go fetch us something to burn, I think it’s going to get quite cold tonight…” With that, she pushed what was once attached to a tree out of the way until she felt the fresh air rush past her face. It was amazing how much time had gone by, it seemed only a few minutes ago that she was watching the sunrise, on a small journey to check up on the stone. How matters had changed. Purposely, she walked in the direction of the jackdaw and crows and scared them away as she got too close.
Careful not to move her side too much, she picked up a few twigs and leaves from the ground, until the pain came racing back to her and reminded her of what she couldn’t do. So she soon resorted to pulling greenery from her height.
By the time she returned, the
sun was beginning to set in the sky and the cold chill was beginning to set in.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 pm

While Sandy was out, Jackdaww had plenty of time to pull himself together again. He polished his sword one last time, and built a fire pit for the firewood Sandy would be bringing back. He even called for Measle a few times, just in case he had come back to their old camp. He spend a good long time practising his left-handed manoeuvres, so that he would be prepared to fight if needs be, and was rather impressed with the outcome. When Sandy finally came back, he was in higher spirits, and was back to his old annoying, chatty self. He hurried to try to take the firewood from her, seeing that she clearly wasn’t at her full strength after that day’s battle, and built up a nice, tidy fire. For all that he had spent years living in the woods with very little to call his own, Jackdaww was a bit of a perfectionist when it came to his shelters. Everything had to be tidy and neat, or he simply couldn’t spend the night there. Once the fire was burning, he decided to try to sort out what was happening the next day.
“Sandy, you need your sword, don’t you? Well, I could do with getting back my dagger too, so we can go back for a look tomorrow. Those men are unlikely to still be there, and if they are, they’re going to be made into mincemeat.” He announced, wishing there was enough room to twirl his sword to add to the statement. He was starting to worry about his hand, since he still couldn’t move the thing, but it wasn’t infected, so he didn’t pay it too much notice. He just focused on getting his let one up to standard. He continued to let himself believe that Sandy thought he was a real knight, because that had always been his dream, and right then, he felt like he could really be a knight. It gave him some comfort in the crazy, ever changing world of danger he was stuck in without Measle to help him out. He finally had to admit that without his dragon, he did fall apart.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Sandy gladly handed over the greenery to Jackdaww, the pain in her side easing up as the weight vanished. To her surprise, he looked in a much better and more…stable mood than before. As he arranged the twigs on the floor, she walked over to the log and sat down. She rested her elbows on her knees and presses her head against he hands. Thankfully, it wasn’t long before the fire had started, and she began to feel a little less cold. It was odd, because normally the temperature didn’t drop this much so quickly. And then an image of the stone came into her mind. Perhaps the men were already trying to move the stone. If so, then their impatience would cost them dearly. The stone in the sword would not light and connect with the other unless she held it, so if they tried it all now, then it could only mean disaster.
But then she cleared her minds of those thoughts as Jackdaww spoke. No, they obviously knew they couldn’t move it without her, otherwise they would have killed her before when they had the chance. “Yes,” she replied, listening to what he had to say. “I don’t think they will, because…” She had half a mind to tell him there and then that she thought they were beginning to move in on the location of it. But then she remembered that he didn’t actually know about the stone and her connection through the sword, or of whom she was and what she needed to do in the long run.
Again, her thoughts were running like wild fire through her mind, and she found herself staring at Jackdaww having not finished her sentence. “I mean, yes. No, you want to get your sword. Tomorrow, we’ll set out at sunrise.” She quickly turned her eyes to the fire, watching the flames dance with each other, play in the cool air like little children without a care in the world. How she wished she could have just at least one day like that again. Back when she was a child and didn’t have to fear for her life. But there was no going back, not now. Everyone had to grow up one day, and leave the carefree life behind. She looked down at the floor, what was she on about? She loved her life, she couldn’t be anymore lucky. She just didn’t like not knowing what was going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:31 pm

((ooc;; lol, except Jackdaww xD He never grew up really. He still plays with his sword and acts like he's about eight years old most of the time.))
Jackdaww nodded, and ignored the fact that Sandy had seemed to mix up her sentences for a while. He knew that after his earlier breakdown he had no right to point that much out to her. Instead he continued to squat by the fire. He kept slotting twigs and leaves in, but he burned his hand twice as he twisted them into the pattern he had set up rather than throw them in. Then, satisfied that the fire was right, he sat on one of the logs again and inspected his right hand. He unwound the makeshift dressing to replace it, and cringed when he saw it. The two cuts crossed in a delicate X shape across his wrist and forearm, and went right into the muscle. Seeing it made it seem more painful, so he wrapped in up quickly in another length of linen from his shirt. Now the shirt in question only just covered his navel, but the chain mail over the top almost hid that fact. Almost, but not quite. The hand hung limp, and he knew he would have to get it looked at next time he stopped in a village, but right then he could cope with his left. He turned to sandy, and to break the silence said, “Well, then. Welcome to one of my many homes. Is it to your liking?” He wasn’t sure what had made him say anything, but he didn’t like long silences, so he was making a vague attempt at small-talk.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Ooc;; Haha, he is an exception I must say. ;D

Bic;;
She watched silently as Jackdaww unraveled his linen to reveal his hand. She held her breath as she looked at the wound, it wasn’t good, but he didn’t seem that bothered about it, so she wasn’t. If he was in mad pain, he wouldn’t even be able to touch it, but then again, he could just be putting on an act to cover everything up. She had to admit, he was an odd human, for se had never seen a man so contempt arranging fires so it was neat, up to the extent that he would willingly get burnt for it. Moreover, he had mood swings like she didn’t know what. One minute he’s like a cowering child, next swinging his sword round like a fully-trained knight.
The sudden sound of his voice startled her a bit as she was, once again, lost in her own thoughts. “Er…” She didn’t know what to say, not because of the fact she didn’t like the place, because in fact, she did actually love it, but because he had caught her off-guard. “No wait sorry, yes, I think it’s great! It’s a tad large for just the likes of you though, you have a dragon, right?” She had guessed this when he started explaining his past to her before. “Wonderful creatures, aren’t they? I must say though, I don’t have my own place like this, we kind of, move around a lot. There’s nothing like sleeping under the stars, right?” She tried to be as cheery as possible, under the circumstances, Sandy wasn’t one for being depressed.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Jackdaww was caught off guard by that. “Why, yes, I do have a dragon. Or did. He’s gone missing. If you happen to see a lost, short, purple dragon, tell him I’m looking for him.” He laughed, trying to cover how worried he was. “And we don’t usually have places like this. We had to stay here for three weeks though, to avoid the rains, so I built this thing.” He said, explaining the tidiness of the shelter. He winced suddenly as he moved his hand and the cut brushed the linen, but continued his calm guise. He tried moving his fingers, but he couldn’t, so he decided not to try again for a good long time.
Continuing on the topic of dragons, Jackdaww asked, “Well, how do you know so much about dragons anyway? Do you have one?” in a very nosy manner. He was completely calm now, and slouched on the log as if to prove it. He was rather interested in the idea of Sandy having a dragon though, because that way she might understand where his had gone to. Also, Jackdaww never seemed to meet people with dragons, so it was quite a new experience to find someone who knew somewhat about them.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:24 pm

“Missing?” She echoed, raising an eyebrow. For a moment, she wondered whether they were actually very close, considering they didn’t know where each other were. But then again, could anyone really track these great beasts? “You stayed here for shelter?” She was trying to get an idea of how big this dragon actually was. It was for no particular reason however, merely curiosity.
She flickered her gaze to his hand, and was about to ask whether he actually was okay, but then he spoke again. He didn’t seem that bothered by it, or maybe he just wanted to forget it. When he asked her the question, she had to hold back a short smile to herself. Up until about a year ago, she would have answered solemnly. Even when she was a little kid, she dreamed of one day becoming a dragon rider, and now she had the chance to tell people she was. But that wasn’t the only thing, she never knew of the amazing adventures that had opened up to her, or even that a dragon could be a great friend. She felt herself fill with pride when someone would ask her. But the only down side was, she couldn’t tell the whole truth - not to just anyone. For she knew of the dangers that would open up if she told the wrong person that she was a rider of a guardian dragon. It spoke for itself really, such beautiful, powerful creatures who had hardly been seen at all by the general population, but many who have dreamed of taking over this isle, envied them. Hated them. They knew of their power, and would no doubt do anything to get to them. There are only five, and Sandy felt herself privileged beyond belief to have seen one, let alone ride one and know one.
“Yes.” She said quietly, not sure whether it would be wise to say anything else.

Ooc;; Apologies for the late reply, I’ve been really ill and couldn’t really bring myself to the computer as much. =/
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 9:44 pm

((ooc;; that's ok. Hope you fel better soon Monty ^^))

Jackdaww nodded, as he could see that Sandy didn't really want to say much else. "What's their name?" he asked at length, deciding that a name was enough to go by. He didn't care what type of dragon she rode, since he couldn't strictly even ride his. He was just too small, and the fact that the shelter was just big enough for him and Sandy reflected that. He was proud of Measle, but still bore a small cut in his forehead from their first meeting before Measle hatched, but he didn't think many others were quite as proud. Some people just tried to protect their dragons, so Sandy could be one of those people, but Jackdaww wasn't sure.
Thinking about dragons made him realise how much he missed Measle's mothering presence, and he barely noticed as a tear slid down his cheek. He was quick to wipe it away, and hoped Sandy hadn't seen, but he couldn't hide his woried face. It took him just a moent to hide it again ehind a cheery mask, but it was purely a mask, nothing else. He also became aware of how much of a lie his pretense of being a knight was, but didn't say anything about that. That was one white lie that he would cling on to, because he didn't wantto admit to Sandy or to himself that he was as much of a failure as he really was.

((ooc;; sorry if i've been a typo monster, i'm on a different pc with no spell check on its microsoft word xD))
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Ooc;; Thank you. ^^;

Bicc;;
Again, she wasn’t quite sure on what to say. Since hardly anyone knew the guardians by their name, It was only their most hated enemies, or those that were close to them. And Jackdaww didn’t seem like someone who could take on a dragon, if he didn’t even know where his was. So what harm could it do, really? “Silverwing.” She said plainly, watching his facial expressions for any sign of him knowing who her dragon was, or what he was. But instead, she watched a drop of water run from his cheek. That wasn’t what she had expected. “Are you okay?” She asked, turning to face him on the log. She guessed that he was upset about something else, but what?
“What’s wrong?” She prompted. It was obvious he hadn’t wanted her to see him tear up like this, but how could she not? But then a thought swept across her head, maybe it was a lie, maybe his dragon was actually…dead or something. He just wanted to play the role, in order to get over it. But if so, then why mention it in the first place. She tried to catch his gaze, ignoring the cheerful face he had put on. It was no doubt just a distraction, of what she didn’t know, but she wanted to find out. Not just for curiosity, but to find out if the man was actually okay or not.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Jackdaww nodded, and told Sandy that he was fine. He wasn’t sure what had really prompted the tear, and he felt alright again, but he knew she had seen. “Just thinking, that’s all. Silverwing, hmm, nice name.” he said, changing the subject immediately. He had always known that Measle had a lousy name for a dragon, but somehow it suited him. Especially since when they had first met, Jackdaww had seen Measle as a curse, or some sort of disease. Now that was different, but the name still fitted. His hand still hurt, and he still couldn’t move the fingers at all, but the reminder of it suddenly reminded him about the wound Sandy had suffered. “Is your arm alright, I mean, after earlier?” he asked, raising a cautious eyebrow at her, and worrying about weather hers was still bad to take his mind off his own wound.

((ooc;; sorry its a little short, i didn't want to babble too much))
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Ooc;; No worries. ^^;

Bic;;
She nodded, seeing that he obviously didn’t want to talk about whatever had upset him so much he was reduced to a tear. She half-smiled as he commented on his name, mostly to herself. She really didn’t know how lucky was, and just seeing Jackdaww break down a notch in front of her made her realise that. But at the same time, ever day she would wake up, not knowing what had happened, because most of the time, her and Silverwing would be on separate missions, so if anything went wrong, they wouldn’t know…supposedly anyway. A normal person could go out with their dragon each day, and sleep at night not having to worry about what may or may not have happened. But it came with the job description.
“Oh,” she mumbled, not quite sure what to say. A lot of stuff had happened in the past few hours, and it was obvious that he hadn’t had chance to take it all in. “My arm’s fine…” she said, “it’s my side. My arm was just covered in blood because of where the blow was.” In all honesty, it still pretty much killed her, and she had been lucky enough to pretty much stay still, so she didn’t give away that she was in pain, which she liked. She didn’t like to appear weak, since for so long she had been threatened and when that was going on, a weakness was the worst thing you could show.
“It’s okay,” she lied, “I should really take a look at it, but…” she wasn’t quite sure what to say. She wasn’t prepared to admit that she didn’t want to go through the pain of twisting her body just in order to get the bandage off. Putting it one was bad enough. “How’s your hand?” She said instead.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:59 pm

Jackdaww shrugged. “This?” he asked, lifting his hand up as if to show her it was alright. However, the effect was quite the opposite. His hand and wrist hung useless at an awkward angle, and Jackdaww was forced to lower it again. “It’ll be fine. My left is almost as good.” He laughed, trying to hide how scared he was of not being able to use it.
He gathered that Sandy wasn’t as fine as she said she was, but he knew from her face that she didn’t want to go into it. “If you need any help with it, just ask.” He said, in case she couldn’t reach it or something. However, even as he offered, he knew it was pointless. He couldn’t really help dress a wound if he couldn’t even lift his hand properly. For a long time, he was silent, and his already pale face drained of the last of his colour as he considered the slim chance he had of wielding a word with his right hand again. He knew that it was an ill founded fear, but his sword craft was all he really had out in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:57 am

She looked at his hand and watched as it hung limply, it didn’t look all right, but if he said so. “I’m rubbish with my left,” she admitted, tying to lighten the mood. “I couldn’t cut a melon with it, let alone fight.” It was quite worrying that if what had happened to Jackdaww had happened to her, then she would have been rendered completely useless. But it hadn’t come to that, so she didn’t have to worry about it.
She looked at the ground, “thanks, but I think I’ll do something with it in the morning before we leave.” However much she hated the idea, she couldn’t go back to the forest in this state.
The light was diminishing fast as the sun began to disappear. Already, a cold chill was setting in, so she didn’t what it would be like when night actually came. Instinctively, she went to reach for her sword, and her heart sunk a little as her fingers touched the sheath, rather than the metal she was so familiar to. It was just a gentle reminded of what lay ahead, and who knew what tomorrow would bring. Quite frankly, she didn’t want to think about.
A cold breeze brushed through the house of twigs and despite the fire, and cold shiver ran up Sandy’s spine and she jerked a little. She would have liked to make the fire a little bigger, to give them some more heat. But any larger, and no doubt the whole place would catch on fire. Slowly, she lifted her legs up and placed them on the log she was sat on until her head rested on her knees. The pain stabbing at her as she did so, but she didn’t care. She hugged her hands around her legs in order to keep her body warm and before long, she felt her teeth begin to chatter. Quickly, she clamped them shut began to stare at the fire. They were in for a cold night, and the reason why only scared her to death.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:38 pm

“Well, the knight’s guild trains everyone to have a strong weaker hand, just in case.” He told her. It was the absolute truth, but it was his father’s warning about the dangers of loosing your sword-arm that had made him train up his left. He shivered instinctively as an icy breeze ran through the hut, but only threaded another stick or so into the heap to combat it, singing his fingers as he did so. Then, he sat on the log again, and focused everything he could into moving his hand. He succeeded in twitching one finger, but it took all of his strength. The sight of it move however gave him great relief. It proved that he would eventually be able to use it again. Then the chill caught him again. “Damn, I’ve never known it be so cold in these parts before.” He told Sandy, wondering if she knew why it was so cold. His arms were getting goose bumps from the chill, but he simply sat as he had before, gritting his teeth against the cold. He hated the cold, but he knew that extreme heat was worse, from the few times he had visited the tropics, so he tried to be content with the small heat from the fire. He had a feeling that Sandy didn’t much like the cold either, but he had nothing to offer her to keep them warm. The only blanket he had was still in the last city he’d stopped in, and that was a good week’s hike away.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 am

She nodded, only acknowledging what he had just said. She also knew of those facts, and logical ones they were to. It only made her sigh at the thought that even if she wanted to train now, she couldn’t. It was definitely a good job her sword-arm hadn’t been injured. Or no doubt she would be in a much worse state. In actual fact, she had hardly ever practiced with her left, and thinking about it now, made her want to even more. She tried to tuck her hands away into her stomach, hoping to keep them warmer from her body heat, but it wasn’t doing a great deal for her. She watched as Jackdaww tried to move his fingers and could tell from the look on his face that he was beyond relief when he realised he could move them, well, one.
“Hmm,” she mumbled, thinking about what she could tell him without giving anything away. “It’s probably the cold hearts of those men chilling the forest.” She half-smiled, hoping that was a good enough response for him. It was best if he didn’t know, not now anyway. Maybe they could just go to the clearing tomorrow, find their weapons and leave peacefully. How she hoped.
She turned her head to look at him, “do you want me to take a look?” She knew it was hard to check from injuring on your hand, when in fact you needed your hand to check them. And from what she could see, he wasn’t all that great with his left. Maybe she could check for definite that it wasn’t broken. She had quite a bit of experience when it came to bones, for it wasn’t the first time she had fought alongside people who had come out a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Jackdaww shrugged, unsure of how to answer. In truth, he wanted his hand looking at, but he was too afraid of what Sandy might tell him. “It’ll not get any worse before morning. Thanks for the offer though.” He grinned, but in truth he was terrified. Then he snorted at her remark about the men’s hearts. “I’m not sure if that can really make a forest colder. But whatever, you seem to know what you’re doing.” He said, letting the subject drop. He was getting suspicious about how much Sandy seemed to know, and how little, by contrast, she was letting on, but he knew better than to meddle with people like that.
Fighting the urge to cry out as he moved his wrist, Jackdaww prodded at the fore with the tip of his sword. It gave a burst of sparks, but it still wasn’t warm enough. He shivered convulsively, and hugged his knees to his chest, holding his useless right hand in place with his left. It still hung awkwardly, and a dark red stain was forming on the linen again, but Jackdaww hardly noticed it. He knew it was getting late, and couldn’t believe how quickly it had gotten dark, but he couldn’t see a thing through his peep hole anymore. Not one thing.

((ooc;; if you do look at it, feel free to decide what's up xD just make sure it isn't something that is going to make his hand fall off or anything crazy xD))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)   (Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Monty) Title? We Don't Even Know. (Katz)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next