Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:24 pm

“Hmm, I suppose we /could/ come back for him – it’ll keep him out of trouble…” Measle said, before nodding. “Yes, that sounds like a good idea. From the smell of it there’s a butcher over that way.” He nodded to Jackdaww, and let the human peel away from them towards a run down tavern that already smelt of stale sweat and spilled drinks.

The streets were quiet – clearly most of the humans had been drinking themselves under the table last night, and most of them were either still indoors, nursing their bad heads, or walking in not-quite-straight lines down the streets quietly. So far so good, he thought, as they made their way in the direction of the butchers. That way smelled a little nicer than the direction Jackdaww had taken, but Measle had to admit he wasn’t too fond of the smell of raw meat – he was too used to eating his meals cooked and spiced by now to really enjoy them any other way.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:59 pm

"You don't like raw food, Measle?" That didn't come as too much of a shock as he'd been eating things cooked human-style for quite a long time. "That's a blooming shame, that's how we're made to eat things." She took off down the street and looked into the butcher's shop. "Hope they don't mind dragons. Some people just can't stand us and a mad butcher is no laughing matter." The one she bit a while back was definitely a testament to that statement. She nudged at the door and wandered in, snapping up a rat in an instant. "You know why I like these places? It's always nice and cold in the meat freezer!"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 pm

“Wild dragons eat raw meat, but I’m just Jackdaww’s pet really. I don’t think I am built for raw food at all.” He said, with a little smile. As Hydra took off towards the butcher shop, he turned fast and chased after her energetically, before bounding through the doors playfully. “I’m sure they won’t mind!” he smiled, sitting in the doorway as Hydra snapped up the rat. It made him cringe a little, but he forced himself not to react.

“I’ve never been in a meat freezer…” Measle said slowly, one eyebrow ridge raised. He knew that the butchers must keep their meat somewhere cold, but he’d never actually seen it – it had never been important. Meat didn’t travel well, so all Jackdaww took him to buy in towns was a bit of bread, and occasionally some spices. The rest came from hunting and gathering out in the woods, where everything was free.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 pm

"Well you're missing out my lovely lightning bug! There's lotsa stuff you don't eat it seems." Of course yes, he was indeed considered a pet, but that didn't mean he couldn't eat like a real dragon! "Meat freezers aren't really all that cold but when I leave typically people don't care that everything is frozen." So far her experience in the city was going well, for all intents. "Where do you wanna go now? Anywhere in particular?" She felt like flying, but she wasn't sure if he'd be up to that. "Could sit on a roof somewhere and watch the city?"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:16 pm

“Sit on a rooftop? I swear that would never have even occurred to me.” Measle laughed, bouncing out of the butchers happily. “I’ll race you up to that one over there!” he cried, pointing with one wingtip, before leaping into the air, full of energy.

“I bet you can’t catch me!” he called back, zipping off into a low cloud bank for a second, before sticking his head back out with a grin. He still felt a little slow, since he hadn’t had breakfast yet, but the extra lightning was working wonders for him. He was so weightless – he felt like he was just one big cloud.

“I can see the whole city from up here!” he added, his voice bright with glee. He could tell he was going to be acting like a hatchling again that day, and for once he didn’t mind. It was fun, and all he cared about then was the little game.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 11:17 pm

She raced off after him and tagged him with her tail. "Catch me if you can!" She swerved around chimneys and landed on a watch tower at the edge of the city. "Measle the view is amazing from here! Come and see!" Her tail swished back and forth like a metronome in joy as she shook off some ash from a smoking chimney. She loved days like this, she concluded as she thought to herself. Nothing compared to spending days with her closest friend. She did wonder though what Jackdaww was doing since he was out drinking. She wouldn't have been shocked if he was passed out by now.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:49 pm

(ooc;; Hope you don’t mind me throwing in a semi-plot thingy to spice things up Smile)

Measle crackled and swerved around, trying to catch Hydra again, but she was the faster of the two when they were in the air, and he touched down on the rooftop a few moments after her, panting. However, he had to agree with her – the view was incredible. How was it that he’d spent his life travelling between cities, and stopping in almost every one, but had never seen one from above before? He shook his head, eyes wide in amazement, and looked down over the city. This was just what he’d wanted – it was perfect. All he needed to do now was keep it up for the rest of the day…

No such luck. He shuffled a little, trying to get comfortable, and the tile underneath him slid out from under him. His face fell as he lost balance, before tumbling head-first down the ash-covered chimney next to them, his tail flashing like lightning inside the cloud of black smoke. He fell for a while, coughing as he went, before tumbling out into the fireplace in the upstairs room of the house.

He sneezed hopelessly, shaking off one of the many layers of soot he had managed to accumulate on the way down, before finally managing to get a look around the room. He hoped there wasn’t a family in there – he didn’t want to have to explain to them why he was standing there covering their nice room in soot…

Strangely, however, the room was empty. Measle blinked in surprise, and looked around. The room was completely empty – right down to the floorboards. There was nothing up there, not even cobwebs. It was almost as if the dust was too scared to fall in that room. It gave him the shivers. He was just about to look for a way out when something caught his eye. It was like a light – all sparkly like a baby lightning bolt, but it glowed… black? What was that anyway? It seemed to be coming from under the floorboards at any rate.

“Hydra? I think you should maybe come and see this…”

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:58 am

(OOC: I don't mind at all. Smile )
She fluttered down the chimney and shook herself off. "Eerie place isn't it?" When he called her over she hissed in a rather cat-like manner upon looking at the floorboards. "Don't like the look of that at all. Nothing natural glows black as far as I've seen." For a second she thought it might've been a baby lightning storm dragon trapped under the floor, but if it were a living baby dragon it wouldn't just be sitting there, and it wouldn't be glowing that weird color.

She backed away from it and sniffed the air. "It doesn't distinctly smell like a dragon to me, but then again my nose has pointed me in the wrong direction before and it stands a chance of happening many more times." Something felt inherently wrong with the room they were in, like time was standing still or something. 'I sincerely hope it's some kind of baby dragon under those boards.' she thought to herself. 'Perhaps just a highly arcane baby dragon with no control just yet.' Wishful thinking at its finest was what that likely amounted to.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Measle sniffed the air, mimicking Hydra, but shook his head violently. “That’s no dragon – no, definitely not a dragon…” he trailed off. His voice sounded haunted, and the lightning-veins in his wings throbbed visibly in the presence of the strange black light. It was like the thing was sucking the energy from his core. He wondered if Hydra was feeling the same sort of thing – either way that fact would help them determine what the thing under the floorboards actually was.

“Whatever it is, it’s not supposed to be here. It feels… wrong. Like that tension you get before a really huge storm.” He said, the air around him thickening to a point where he almost felt like he could see it. He felt quite giddy, and looked at Hydra in panic.

“I don’t like it in here.” He said quietly, as the room’s eerie feeling got into his head. However, he /was/ curious about the odd thing under the floorboards. He looked at the black glow, and on an impulse started to claw at the edge of the nearest wooden board, trying to prise it up at one edge. He had chosen a spot where the anti-glow seemed strongest, and the tingly feeling over his scales worsened, so he hoped he wouldn’t have to take up too many to find it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:08 pm

"Measle I'd get away from there if I were you. . .The pulsing is getting stronger the closer you get to it." That was a worrying sign. She began to feel warmer, and THAT was certainly a bad thing. She tried to help him tear open the floor and backed away from the spot. "It saps the cold right out of me, I can't stand to be near that infernal thing, whatever it is." Then it occurred to her, she had an idea as to what it could be.

"Think it's something anti-magic? Since it's doing this weird thing to the room?" She reached out with a forelimb and tagged him once or twice on the tail. "Please Measle let's just break the window over there and get out of here." she begged. "That thing doesn't smell right." She backed into the wall afraid the thing would move closer and tried to figure a way out besides the window.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Anti magic? Yes, that sounded about right, and it would explain why the lightning in his blood was freaking out so much. Yes, leaving sounded like a good idea – he didn’t want this… thing sapping away all of his power. He turned to leave, his head-spines tilted upwards to break the window (knowing that the dragons wouldn’t be able to fit back /up/ the chimney, even in they were both small), and started to walk away.

But… he couldn’t. Something wouldn’t let him. He was visibly connected to whatever the thing was through a web of drawn-out lightning, and he felt like he had to follow it. He pulled towards the window – towards Hydra – but his feet started to move beyond his control, pulling him into the centre of the room. Oh well, at least now he knew where to start digging.

The floorboard nearest him came free easily, and flipped back, splintering the board next to it. He could see parts of the thing now, and it looked... surprisingly normal, actually. It was like a pebble – shiny and dark like it had just come out of the river, and other than the bizarre glow and unusual power there was nothing remarkable about it. However, he had a feeling he oughtn’t touch the thing – it felt like it was pulling him in, and from his experience that was generally a bad sign.

“Hydra, we need to get out of here, but we need to get rid of this thing. We can’t just leave it here – who knows what it could do?” he called over, unable to even turn his head away from the pull now. He wanted to know where the magic it was sapping out of him was going, and why it seemed so impossible to resist. However, his primary concern was getting far enough away from the thing to resist the impossibly strong forces around it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:42 pm

"Well Measle, bloody hell don't touch the thing!" she snapped. "If it's anti-magic we need to go tell someone in charge. We're DRAGONS that thing can kill us!" She took her tail and smashed the window then swatted at Measle again. "Well come on lightning bug let's get moving!" Again annoyed at her companion's lack of listening skills she moved between him and the stone. "I'm dead serious here." In a bout of momentary lack of concentration, her tail came to rest on the stone and sizzled as it burned. "Ow!" she yelped moving her tail. "You see?! This is why we're getting out of this cursed room, and I mean now!"

That thing had an interesting hold on her lightning infused friend, and just burned the Hades out of her tail. Either it was made to absorb that kind of power and then release it, or it just hated to be touched, both weren't good options and made the day even more ruinous than simply falling down the chimney of a house.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:45 pm

“I totally don’t /want/ to touch the thing, Hydra, but I’m fairly stuck to it. I think I’m going to have to try to bring it with us if I want to leave.” Measle said, his teeth sparking. His joints felt like they had locked, stopping him moving away, and he figured there was only so much harm the thing could actually do. Of course, it would sap away his magic, and therefore his strength, but if they moved fast, maybe he could carry it as far as they needed to to get it sorted. Well, worth a try…

“Hydra, I need you to go and get Jackdaww – he’ll be in the tavern with the cheapest ale, which should be advertised outside. Tell him to take you to the nearest mage, there has to be one somewhere. I’ll follow in a moment – I don’t want to have to touch this thing for too long.” He said, nodding towards the window. He knew she wouldn’t be happy about him trying to carry it, but they honestly didn’t have any choice. And of course they needed to get out of the house before whoever owned it realised they were there, wrecking up the place.

Measle looked at the thing, and cursed under his breath. Using a couple of choice words he had picked up from his foul-mouthed human. He really /was/ in bother this time, and it didn’t look like he was getting out of it easily either. He just hoped that there were actually some decent mages in the area, and that they could help. If not, he was going to have to improvise…
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:44 pm

"Well why the Hades are you willing to stay here with it?" she asked moving away from it a bit. "In fact, it doesn't look like anyone lives here, let's just leave the stupid thing and go find Jack! Seriously don't you think someone would have heard us by now tearing up the floor? Let's just leave it here and not worry over it anymore." It was likely nobody lived anywhere near this thing. Jackdaww was probably either hungover or passed out, neither of which were of any help.

Shortly after her little probably not-so-convincing spiel she started to feel lightheaded. "I don't think staying here is a good idea." If he was going to stay with it then fine, she'd simply drag him with her. She smacked at Measle again in aggravation. "Man up Measle! You're not going to let a stupid rock control you, are you?" she demanded. Okay, this was not getting them anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:32 pm

“I wouldn’t say I was willing – I can move my bloody legs!” he said, his voice sharper than he had anticipated, and edged with fire. His claws were leaving grooves in the floor as the network of visible lightning pulsed, pulling him towards the stone with terrifying power. He didn’t understand why Hydra wasn’t feeling it, but presumed it was to do with his particular magic – after all, he could hardly expect ice to act the same as lightning – they were pretty much polar-opposites.

“Seriously, I can’t move, you need to find Jack. We’ve not been gone yet, so he shouldn’t be too drunk – especially not on the cheap stuff he likes. Please?” he begged, his legs trembling with the effort of staying where he was rather than inching towards the thing. It was like it had more gravity even than the ground, which made him feel seasick.

He turned his head (the one free part of him) in annoyance as Hydra batted at him. “I’m not fooling around – I really can’t move. And sadly this is as manly as it gets, so no-can-do.” He hissed venomously, sliding a little towards the stone as his claws loosened their grip on the ruined floorboards. Was he going to let a rock control him? Apparently so, and it didn’t look like he had any choice to follow Hydra. They needed a mage, and it just annoyed him that he couldn’t move to go and fetch one himself.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:14 pm

"No I'm not leaving you here with that infernal thing!" Her scales were starting to turn color and make her even more ill-tempered. "You're coming with me if I have to drag you by your wings!" Then she got the idea to destroy the stone, but remembered that the last time she touched it, the thing burned her tail. "Think maybe if we drop it, it'll break? We've torn out half the floor by now, so if we can cave in the ceiling below then maybe when it falls this will go back to normal, eh?"

Instead of being aquamarine and royal blue, her scales were now shades of dark purple, a testament to the fact that Measle wasn't the only one affected by the stone. She moved forward and immediately backtracked next to her friend. At this point things didn't look too good with that stone still in tact. Perhaps biting him would work...?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 pm

“How many times do I have to tell you that I /can’t/ just come with you?” he snapped, his voice creeping louder as he spoke, trying to control his temper. He was usually so mild mannered, but the stone seemed to be both taking energy and stirring up what was left, which was messing with his head. He was certainly more irritable than he usually would be.

Hydra’s suggestion sounded like a good one, but he didn’t trust it. The thing felt too powerful to be so easily broken, and surely if it did smash they would only have more, smaller stones to deal with? He had made up his mind: he wanted to get a mage involved, and his mind would /not/ be changed on that matter.

He turned his gaze back to the stone, trying to pull his energy back into himself to pull away from it. He managed to gain about an inch before the hold resumed, and he was stuck again, but it exhausted him even more than just resisting the pull, so he decided not to try it again. He was just about to turn around to demand that Hydra went to look for Jackdaww again when a sharp pain shot up from his tail, right up his spine. He let out a howl, the crackling lightning all around him amplifying his voice to a deep, bone-rattling roar, and turned his head around sharply, wrenching away from the net of lightning with anger in his eyes.

“WHAT was that for?” he shouted, his heightened emotions only strengthening the pull from the stone. He was /angry/ now, and his reserves of patience were completely gone. He could have screamed at her, but he didn’t have the energy to do so and still stop himself sliding forwards. There was no sound – the echo of his almighty roar making the silence sound deeper than ever. Well, at least they knew there was no one else in the house – they would have come running by now if there was. That was one problem of the many dealt with.

--

A little way down the street, Jackdaww had indeed found a cheap tavern, and was onto his third tankard of ale, and his fourth round of cards. The tavern was quiet – it was still early, so there was hardly anyone there yet, so he heard the great roar Measle gave out easily. He swore, downed his drink and slammed his cards down on the table, muttering an excuse, before dashing for the door. He recognised that roar, albeit only dimly, as the anger in Measle’s voice was so unusual, and had a bad feeling about it. He blamed Hydra – that dragon had only stirred up trouble since joining them, and hurried to find out where the roar had come from before matters got any worse. He was going to have a serious talk with Measle about all this later, that much was certain.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm

She began to try and drag Measle away by his tail. "I will do my best to fix that bite later now get your skinny rear in gear!" Of course by this point her strength was at half and honestly she wasn't really getting anywhere with tugging, so she let go and tried to push him backward to the window. "Work with me here lightning bug! Please at least TRY to turn around and walk!" She hoped someone would show up soon because this certainly wasn't getting anywhere.

She didn't have the energy to be angry any longer and sighed dejectedly. "Please, please try harder Measle. Don't give up." She looked back at where the thing was and tried to smash through the floor/ceiling. "At least help me try to smash the floor to get that thing further away from you. Will you at least put some effort in?" She hoped this would work. "If something happens, I'm sorry I bit you."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:37 pm

“I am trying.” He whined, sounding pathetic, but she was right: turning around would make things easier. He pulled in as much of the stray lightning as possible and turned his shoulders, letting out another roar as the effort became greater and greater, before managing to get himself facing the other way. He had lost a few inches more in the process, but now at least he could see where he was going.

“Nothing is going to happen, my little snowflake. I’m sorry I roared.” He replied, his fit of anger gone, leaving behind only a tired but otherwise normal Measle. He lifted a leg, and, pressing all of his weight forward, managed to inch away from the stone.

Meanwhile, Measle’s second roar had given Jackdaww all the bearing he needed to pinpoint the dragon’s location, and he was running as fast as he could (and in a reasonably straight line) towards the abandoned building that the sound had come from. The place was derelict, and he wondered what Measle was even doing in there, but ignored it, forcing his way through the rickety old door shoulder-first and tackling the stairs. It would have been so much easier if he was still completely sober, but he was just going to have to make do.

Measle had managed another baby-step away from the stone, and was even more wrapped in lightning by the time Jackdaww burst into the room. He looked at the scene before him in puzzlement, staggering a little, before tracing the lines of lightning back to the hole in the floorboards. The two dragons looked like they were in great distress, but he couldn’t see or feel anything weird (well, apart from the lightning, but that was clearly coming from Measle himself).

“What is going on?” he demanded, looking suspiciously at Hydra since Measle seemed too preoccupied to answer him anyway. He wondered if he’d just had a few too many drinks, and if any of this was real, but the scene looked far too weird to be made up.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 pm

"Anti-magic stone Jackie. I'm turning purple for pity's sake get something to smash the stone! Please! I'm about to burn to a crisp and the hell if I know what's going on with Measle!" she shouted. She put all her weight into moving him away from the stone and cringed. "Just get to the window lightning bug, that's all I ask of you at this particular moment. Do that, and you will make me the happiest dragon on the island!"

Several spots in the floor started to creak from the weight and from Jack's voice he wasn't too happy, and was likely to be highly inebriated. 'Oh please let him be half sober.' she pleaded mentally. Though with Jack, there was no telling what was going to happen next. This situation probably put a damper on his day of drinking in her mind's eye. Oh they'd never hear the end of this one when it was all said and done.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 pm

“Anti-magic? Sounds like horseshit to me.” Jackdaww slurred a bit, shaking his head. Hydra looked extremely worked up about it, though, and he could see that Measle was in trouble, so he walked over to the stone to inspect it, letting the dragons work through whatever was going on for them. He looked down the hole in the floorboards to see the stone. To the dragons it had a black anti-glow, but Jackdaww couldn’t see anything unusual at all. Well, he could see the net of lightning bolts coming out of Measle and hitting the stone, but that was it. He reached his hand into the hole in the floorboards, and picked the anti-magic stone up, oblivious to the burn Hydra had received from doing so. It felt... cool and smooth, like a pebble that had been stuck in someone’s floorboards should. He really couldn’t see what all the fuss was about.

“So, you’re scared of this little thing? Here, see if this helps.” He said, pulling one arm out of the sleeve of his chain mail shirt (which he had kept on even in the relative safety of the city). He grabbed the stone with his free hand, and pulled it up under his chain mail, so the metal links came between the stone and the dragons. The net of lightning disappeared abruptly, leaving Measle pushing with his full force against nothing. He fell forward, landing on his face, and sagged to the ground in exhaustion, but the stone’s effects seemed to be gone. Measle turned his head to thank Jackdaww, and lay on the floor, trying to regain a little strength. That had taken more out him that he had expected, and he had a feeling that he would have passed out if it wasn’t for the extra energy he had in his system that day.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:41 pm

"You have no idea. . .How grateful I am for that chain mail now." Slowly she dimmed from purple to blue and breathed an exhausted sigh. "If you wish you may go back to drinking. We'll get out the window when we're able and explore the city some more." She pulled her tail around and nursed the burn she got from the stone. Of course she knew Jackdaww wasn't happy about this, and she was sure there would be hell to pay when he had a hangover.

When the temperature of the room began to lower, that meant it was time to move before the floor froze over and gave way beneath them. In a moment of guilt she sort of crawled over to Measle and tried to cool him off a little. "I really am sorry for biting you." she whispered. It had to help, at least only slight, right? She wasn't quite sure.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Measle shook his head weakly. “It’s fine, don’t worry about it – it got me moving, didn’t it?” he smiled, before standing up with a rough grunt. Jackdaww rolled his eyes, and muttered ‘drama queen’ under his breath, but said nothing more on the matter. However, he was interested in the little stone, and kept tight hold of it so he could inspect it later. The dragons wouldn’t be getting him to leave it behind, that was for sure.

“Happy to help. Now do excuse me – I was in the middle of a very good card game.” He said, marching his way down the stairs again and heading back towards the tavern he had come from. He had sobered up quickly in the cool, spooky feeling house, but that would soon be amended.

Measle watched Jackdaww leave quietly, before turning back to Hydra. “We should get out of here. There’re plenty of nicer places to stop to catch our breath.” He smiled, nuzzling her side with his nose, before straightening up completely. He smiled to the window, implying that she should lead the way, and prepared to follow. He would follow her anywhere, whether she had just bitten him or not.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Hydra moved to the window and looked down as she wagged her tail. "Well, to the highest point in the city we go then!" she called as she took off out the window. Upon looking down once or twice she saw a bright flash of color in the crowd and brushed it off as nothing to worry over. "Seems big cities mean more diversity in populous, eh Measle?" Little did she know that the brightly colored person in the street would pose a larger problem than just keeping her attention a little too long.

She flew over houses and through puffs of smoke and came to rest on the roof of a tavern. "Well, aside from the smell of ale we have good music playing and an excellent view." she muttered. Something peaked her interest though suddenly, the smell of food. 'Something smells good.' she thought to herself. 'Wonder what it could be. . .' It took some restraint to keep her wandering off, but she stayed put with a little willpower.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 pm

“Ok, lead the way then.” He laughed, following Hydra out of the window and falling into a lazy glide for as long as he could manage. He was /tired/, and wanted to preserve his energy as much as he could. Hopefully his energy would filter back now that he was away from that wretched stone, though, which would bring back his lively mood. He too saw the flash of colour below them, and almost rolled over in the air trying to get a better look, but shrugged it off as nothing. He had seen /carnivals/ pass through cities – one bright flash in a crowd was nothing compared to that.

“Yeah, you get all sorts of people in cities – strangest I’ve met so far has to be a woman who was sometimes a bird, but I wouldn’t be surprised if I found stranger. It’s nice, really.” He said, flapping his way to Hydra’s side. The puffs of smoke from the chimneys were a bit much for him, so he weaved in and out of them like a slalom course, before landing carefully beside Hydra on the roof (making sure he was as far away from the chimney as possible this time to avoid a repeat of last time). The stench of ale blotted out his own sense of smell fairly effectively, so he couldn’t smell whatever it was that Hydra could, but he didn’t think that would matter. “What sort of smell? I can’t smell it at all.” He said, settling himself down into a more comfortable spot.

--

Jackdaww had almost made it back to the bar when he saw a flash of colour out of the corner of his eye. He turned quickly, his hand falling instinctively to his sword belt, but couldn’t see where it had come from. He turned around again uneasily, and started slowly towards the tavern again, but his interest was captured. Where had that come from? He knew he wouldn’t be able to settle until he knew.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next