Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Somehow the slight, almost disappointed look of hurt from Silence was worse than anger. Jackdaww took it like a punch to the chest, but made a point of suppressing his reaction. “I hadn’t thought of it like that. I’m sorry.” He said quietly, standing up to wring the moisture out of his shirt. “And I realise that now. I wasn’t thinking straight…” he added, genuinely sorry now as opposed to putting it on.

Across the water, Measle turned to Hydra with a devilish grin. “I think the straight-up ‘walk out and flap your wings at them’ ought to work. Worth a try anyway, and it should make old frowny-face over there laugh.” He suggested, indicating Jackdaww, who looked a little wound up now. He wasn’t going to bail him out yet, but it seemed about time to intervene somewhat, and if Hydra wanted to push them both in the river, Measle was completely up for it.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:46 pm

In the blink of an eye Hydra had sneaked out of her hiding place and run at Silence, subsequently attempting to knock her forward directly AT Jackdaww and the pool of water they'd just climbed out of. Immediately following that little prank, she flew back up into the trees giggling and spitting little puffs of smoke. "If you want to trip up Jack and make sure they fall in, I'd be infinitely happier! SIlence hates cold and I bet if she runs into Jack there won't be much you'll need to do."

Oh why did Hydra have to be so cold?! As soon as the dragon ran into her, she tried to maintain her balance and not fall against Jackdaww. "Nyeh! Cold dragon, cold dragon!" she squeaked as she inevitably stumbled into the aforementioned knight. If experience was anything to go by, then she could expect in the next few seconds that they'd both fall back into the water. Sadly it was only moments later she landed against his chest with a muffled "Oof!" In her mind she was bemoaning her luck in reference to the cold little dragon that seemed to take a shine to her so quickly.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Measle grinned and nodded. “You know I’d do anything to make you happy, my little snowflake, and I want to see them fall over just as much as you do.” He winked, before darting in behind Jackdaww and curling his tail around the human’s ankles. Time for the games to begin.

Jackdaww stammered a bit as Hydra rushed out and frightened Silence into falling against him. He moved his feet in an attempt to stay upright, but found his feet fixed in place by some force he couldn’t place. “Ah blazes!” he shouted, his arms windmilling as he toppled over into the water with a huge splash. It was only once the cold water had soaked back through his shirt that he realised Silence was on his chest too. “Erm...” he started to speak, clearing his throat and feeling decidedly awkward. A little way away, Measle was lying on the bank and laughing so hard that his scales were trembling. So /that/ was what had been pinning Jackdaww’s feet in place. Pesky dragons.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 am

Hydra soon joined Measle in laughing and curled up next to him. "Ahhh Measle you've made me one happy snowflake!" Finally she quit laughing and looked over at the pair, noticing that at least one of them was blushing, specifically Silence. She couldn't really blame her either, seeing as she was right up next to Jackdaww. It was still one of the funniest things she'd seen yet with this pair. "I suggest we hide though, they won't be too happy with this!" she laughed.

Silence was in a state of shock and was incapable of hiding the dark blush that covered her face. "Um. . .I-uh. . ." It made things worse when she actually looked up at him and realized how close their faces were. "S-Sorry. . ." she squeaked/whispered. "I'm such a klutz. . ." With a cringe she moved away from him and tried to climb out of the pool. Those dragons were really going to have some trouble later. She'd make sure to embarrass the daylights out of them every chance she got darn it!
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Jackdaww cleared his throat with a deep cough and straightened up, pulling away from silence as he too blushed a dark shade of red. He wasn’t sure how embarrassed he should be even, since he still hadn’t figured out what had gone on in that barn, so he began to try to claw back at least a little of his manhood. He stood up, squirming out from under Silence and held up his hands in mock surrender to the two dragons. “If I ever catch you two you’re in deep trouble!” he shouted, before addressing Silence. “Don’t worry about it. I, erm, I’m sorry about all that… here, let me lend you a hand.” He said, offering his arm to help her up out of the water. He just hoped his embarrassment wasn’t too obvious – he already felt humiliated enough.

Measle nodded at Hydra’s suggestion, and legged it towards the undergrowth before the humans could catch him. He knew Jackdaww would probably have kicked him for that – not hard or course, but he wouldn’t be happy. “Oh man they’re going to be angry – we’d better lie low for a while yet.” He said in return, but he still couldn’t stop grinning. It was vaguely pleasing to see both of the humans blushing quite as much as they were.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Hydra was quick to follow in the trees and clumsily landed at the bottom of a tree. "Well maybe "now" they'll have no other choice but to be around each other!" True enough in theory, but Silence wasn't one to give in so quickly on such matters, and now that she knew what was going on, she wasn't going to make it any easier on the dragons. "Except now they're mad and we may want to stay in the trees till they calm down." Her tail was swishing back and forth from the laughing fit she had earlier. "So, shall we fly ahead or simply hang back and let them get some distance before we get moving?" She had all day, and she didn't feel like doing much of anything with that time.

Silence quietly accepted his help and climbed out of the water, only to lay on a rock out in a patch of sunlight. It was a strange way to try and dry off, but it was very effective on a hot sunny day if there was an express need for it. Hydra was studying Silence's behavior and shook her head. "I think at this point they're as close as they'll get with us meddling constantly. Though to be fair I don't think there's really a spark between them. She's too headstrong and outgoing and he's. . .too much the opposite." Silence hadn't really paid the dragons any mind up until that point and she overheard Hydra quite by accident. So they were trying to play matchmaker, hmm? It wasn't going to work for a handful of reasons; she and Jack were too different, she didn't exactly feel up to disrupting her current lifestyle, and Jack was just not her type.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 pm

“I’d say hang back – Jack looks like he’s in the sort of mood where he might actually chase us. Well worth it though, and he’ll forget soon enough anyway.” Measle grinned. Besides, that way they could watch the awkwardness that was sure to follow from a comfortable distance.

“I really don’t think they’re going to get close at all – it would probably help if Jackdaww remembered more of last night though. He probably drank himself silly.” Measle commented. He didn't think Jackdaww was capable of entertaining ladies anyway, or if he was he’d never shown it, so that thought at least saved Measle from a small amount of awkwardness.

Jackdaww was relieved that Silence was happy enough to accept his help, and hoped that was a point in his favour after their falling-out. He was a bit baffled when she just lay down though, but decided not to ask. He was still ever so slightly scared of her hating him – he didn't even know why any more.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 pm

After warming a bit in the sun and untangling her hair, she wandered over to Jackdaww and sat down. "If you want I'll tell you what happened yesterday, since it seems you drank yourself stupid and can't remember any of it. I've come to the conclusion that you're so nervous around me because you think we slept together. That idea is completely false; we didn't come anywhere close to that." Maybe that would smooth things out a bit and he'd stop acting quite so strange, maybe. "At any rate we simply sat around playing cards and you drank yourself under the table, then I got you moved to the barn where you woke up."

Meanwhile Hydra had curled up in the shade for a snooze, when she heard rustling nearby and managed to catch a rabbit to cuddle for a brief moment or two. After it started to shiver she let it go and yawned. "So I take it you've been humanized, yes?" He wasn't anything like other dragons she'd met in the past, he was more like a human than he was a dragon at least in personality.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:43 pm

“Humanized? Well, I guess you could say that – I’ve never been a ‘wild’ dragon anyway.” Measle replied. He hadn’t ever thought of it like that, but Jackdaww must have rubbed off on him at least a little. For example, Measle would eat human food, and use human curses as readily as Jackdaww, which had never before seemed strangle. “Iiiiisss that a bad thing?” he asked slowly, a little nervous. He didn't want Hydra to think less of him for being a ‘pet’ dragon, which was ridiculous.

Jackdaww coughed loudly, coming close to choking, as Silence’s words caught him by surprise. He’d been concerned about what had taken place, but he hadn’t expected Silence to say what he had feared /out loud/. Once he’d managed to get his breath back a little (looking decidedly red), he cleared his throat. “Well, I, erm, I’m glad we’ve got that cleared up then… I knew that… ah hell.” He flustered, before going quiet.

At that point, Measle’s attention couldn’t help but return to the humans, and he gave a snort of laughter. “You embarrassed Jackie? Nice going!” he shouted, before ducking his head way out of sight in the undergrowth. Jackdaww went even pinker, and scowled in the direction of Measle’s voice, but the dragon’s little outburst had broken a little of the tension, which would hopefully act to make the situation less awkward.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:41 pm

"No no snowflake I was just curious!" she insisted as she snuggled up under his wing. After hearing the humans' conversation she laughed as well. "I knew there was a reason I liked that girl!" Sadly their fun came at the expense of the two humans who were now very embarrassed. Hydra snorted and almost tried to hide under Measle. "Nyeh, humans are just annoying me is all. Kinda wanna leave 'em for a bit, just for some time on our own. Pleeeease Measle?" she begged. Jackdaww was starting to grate on her nerves and she wanted away from him.

Silence meanwhile struggled not to laugh at Jack's reaction. "Easy, easy, Jackie. I wasn't aiming to fluster you, even though that seems to be what I've done. Talk to me! What in the world am I doing that has you acting this way? I never meant for you to be this awkward around me, and yet that's just what's happened! You assumed we slept together, you have no idea what happened the night before, and I swear from one moment to the next you want away from me more and more. If you want me gone just say the word and I'll leave."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:28 am

“I’d love to – you must have gathered how much Jackie irritates me by now, surely?” Measle grinned, before indicating the air with his nose, suggesting wordlessly that they take off, either to fly for a while or to find somewhere away from the humans. He didn't need to babysit Jackdaww all the time and everyone seemed to have had enough of the awkwardness now, so the fun was probably over there anyway. “What did you have in mind?” he added, nudging Hydra’s cold shoulder lovingly as he unfolded his wings to a point where he could take flight as needed.

Jackdaww mentally shook himself, and took a deep breath to regain his composure. Then, puffing out his chest a little in a vain attempt to look a little more manly after all the blushing, he nodded. “Right, well I’m glad that’s sorted then. I’m sorry for that, erm, misjudgement on my part. And I don’t want you to leave – I was just getting uncomfortable not knowing where we stood.” Hell, that wasn’t the easiest thing he’d ever said, but he was hoping that would wipe the slate clean – maybe he’d even get forgiven for not accepting Silence’s help earlier? Actually, that seemed unlikely, but at least he’d managed to patch up the situation somewhat.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:14 pm

"Maybe we just fly on ahead and wait for them to catch up? 'Course then the question of how far to go comes up, so perhaps. . .We go about ten miles off and just sleep away the afternoon? It'll take them till nightfall to get ten miles anyway at the rate they're going." In return to the nudge she moved forward and lightly tapped his head with the end of her tail. "Shall we be off lightning bug?" She wasted no time in getting into the air and hovering so as not to get ahead of Measle. Seeing as he couldn't fly too well as of yet, it was best not to make him use so much energy.

Silence laughed at Jack's actions and poked him in the chest. "Bah! No need to act all manly. Yes, I forgive you, but no you don't need to act like that. I'd rather you be a blushing klutz than a sexist pig any day of the year." At least he was truly apologizing, but still everything had been awkward since that morning, it would be tough to change that with this one. Oh well, wasn't HER fault he was stupid and drank himself under the table. Men were very very strange creatures indeed, or at least this one was.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:02 pm

Measle nodded and took off after Hydra, following her lead. He felt ever so slightly like a puppet, just following her about, but he couldn’t help it. It was like all his thoughts got dizzy and fell out. It was a nice feeling.

“So, what’s our plan for the rest of the day? I know that those two will be bickering, so we can basically forget about them. Jackdaww at least is safe if he’s arguing. It stops him wandering off.” Measle asked, banking a little towards Hydra so that he was half-flying, half gliding close by her side. He could tell she was going easy on him, letting him save his energy, and he was glad. His stamina was reasonable on the ground, and although his wings had been growing stronger all the time he’d been with Hydra, he still wasn’t a patch on her when it came to flying.

-

“Excuse me? Did you just call me a ‘sexist pig’? I just offered you an apology!” Jackdaww said sharply. He wasn’t sure if he dared /shout/ at Silence, but he was getting close – one more apparently thinly veiled insult would have him yelling. Well, maybe that would be better: to shout out the tiny bit of residual awkwardness rather than grumble all day. And maybe Silence’s blunt jabs at him weren’t actually meant as insults. Well Jackdaww didn't see it that way. He had felt insulted more times than he felt comfortable counting that day.

“So, let’s get this straight, I’m a klutz, a pig, and permanently single. Any other thoughts you’d like to share?” Jackdaww added harshly, after taking a moment to run over all the verbal knocks that he had taken that day. There were more too, but be didn't feel like going through each one in turn.

(I'm always hoping for confrontation on the inside, just testing Silence's patience as much as possible Wink)
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Silence reached out and smacked him harshly. "Excuse YOU! I said nothing of the sort! If this is how you treat people I'm not surprised your only friend is a dragon that you basically raised!" Forget dealing with this guy for any length of time, she was out of here! She marched off a ways and looked back. "Yes you're a klutz, and you're extremely dense, but I DID NOT call you a sexist pig! Maybe if you took the time to LISTEN to what people say to you, you'd have more friends and you might not be single! At the rate you're going you'll eventually alienate Measle!" With that she took off into the underbrush half angry half wanting to cry from what'd just happened. So her luck wasn't so good after all. . .

Hydra landed in a bit of a tumble and rolled onto her side with a laugh. Her wings were now covered in dirt and leaves and somehow she didn't even care. "Landing here's a doozy Measle! Be careful!" she called. Upon rolling upright and looking around she was not too surprised to see that the trees hadn't thinned in the least. The way she'd been going the trees seemed to get thicker the further they went. "Your human will have serious issues getting through here."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:26 pm

Jackdaww recoiled from the blow, and looked stunned that Silence had actually hit him – had the /nerve/ to hit him. “How the hells was I supposed to take that, then? You just don’t think before you speak, do you?” Jackdaww shouted back, his face red with frustration, and possibly from the slap too. “You’re in no position to comment on my life – me and Measle are very happy, I’ll have you know.” He added sharply. He wasn’t having any more of this.

“Where do you think you’re going? You want to starve in the woods? Go right ahead!” Jackdaww shouted after Silence as she stormed off. His heart was pounding as his rage turned to adrenaline, and he fumed to himself, waiting to see if he’d get a response.

Measle landed, for once, rather well, and managed to touch the ground with all four paws instead of some combination of other body parts. “Whatever do you mean, it’s fine!” he said cheekily, with a playful smile, before swishing his way to Hydra’s side and sitting down. The woods were thicker, and he realised that, even if Jackdaww didn't find the trees a challenge, Hydra and himself soon would. “Hmm, maybe we came the wrong way? I was sure I knew this bit of woods, and last time it was a little clearer… but that was a long time ago…” he trailed off, not sure. Jackdaww would know, so all there was to do was wait for the humans, providing they both made it back to the dragons.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm

She turned and gave him the most hellish glare imaginable before speaking. "It was a compliment! I like the fact that you're shy and clumsy, what I don't like is when you fly off the handle about it!" In the end she wound up heading in the same direction she'd been going, and got herself horrifically lost. It wasn't until she stopped running that she realized just how far she'd gotten, and it alarmed her. After assessing the situation she climbed up into the nearest tree and settled in for what she figured would be a very long while before anyone ever decided to come looking for her. With a sad sigh to herself, she curled up on her branch prayed that there wasn't much in that area that preferred to climb trees.

"It's quite possible that we made a wrong turn, happens to the best of navigators. Even birds go the wrong way on occasion. Why don't we poke about in the opposite direction and see if we can't figure a way around all this? The humans will likely get stuck a little further into this treeline than we did." Upon backing out of the brush and shaking the excess leaves and twigs from her wings, she flapped them to test how much space she had to move. Turns out the further back she moved, the less restricted her movements became. "It's like a wall of fibrous vegetation is about twenty or so feet ahead." Now came the question of what in the world was making this "wall" of sorts. Couldn't be anything living, there was just no way something that large existed in these times. "Suppose finding Jack and Silence is the best idea now."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 8:53 pm

“Well maybe you should stop disguising your compliments then – you only cause problems!” Jackdaww shouted back, marching off and leaning on a tree, facing away and letting Silence run off into the woods. That gave him a little time to cool off and think. Hells, he’d made a mess of it all again, but somehow the deep rage that all that shouting had brought up worked better than grumbling and moaning. Jackdaww stayed behind the tree for a while, raging, before finally remembering that Silence had run off without him, and probably didn't know her way around. Drat. He almost wished he could let her find her own way back, but his sense of chivalry wouldn’t allow that. He sighed, and set off at a fast jog in the direction Silence had run off in. “Silence, where in all the hells are you?” he shouted, the shouting-match behind him now, leaving his voice edged with the ghost of concern rather than anger.

“Hmm, I guess we could have gone rack…” Measle trailed off, before nodding as Hydra decided to look around. It didn't feel right though – Measle /never/ got lost. He and Jackdaww between them were like living a living compass, and rarely lost their bearings completely. When Hydra returned with a report of this odd ‘wall’ he was even more baffled. “That can’t be right… we didn't even fly that far!” he protested, utterly lost. “And yes, we have find them – hopefully neither of those two are lost too. Too many strange things have happened recently – it’s not right.” Measle said, trying to figure out how they would go and find the humans. He wasn’t entirely sure how well they’d be able to take off again in the thick trees, but they could probably manage if needs be. Possibly.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:07 pm

In the time since she'd stormed off, what Jack had said to her really hit like a ton of bricks. Was that all she did, cause problems. . .? It was enough to bring tears to her eyes, and that took quite a lot usually. The quiet of the woods around her was nearly deafening, and hearing Jack shouting for her just about caused her to fall from her perch. "Over here!" she called on impulse. Her short call was followed by some colorful language as she literally dropped out of the tree. "Hellfire and brimstone!" she swore as she got back to her feet. "Really must be useless if I can't even climb out of a tree." She wandered in the general direction of his voice and paused. "Where are you Jackie?" she shouted.

"You never know with those two, honestly. She's a firecracker and he's dense as a brick." She looked around and gave a distinct frown. "I suppose we could do some forest clearing if we have to. I'll freeze a few trees and knock them over so we can get back into the air. Unless you'd like to continue walking for a while?" Walking didn't sound so nice to her. Her leg was giving her fits and it was just too much to risk staying on the ground. "Would prefer to be above this mess instead of in it, but it's your call."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:58 am

Jackdaww heard the call and dashed towards Silence’s voice – faster when he heard the cursing and the clatter of branches. “I’m coming, just stay there!” he shouted, and ran towards the tree. He arrived panting, and leant against the tree to get his breath back, but was relieved that he’d found her. “Are you alright?” he asked after a moment. “That was quite a fall.” He added, looking up and seeing a few broken twigs, which he assumed were where she’d fallen from. He’d fallen out of trees plenty, but he tended to bounce apparently. Well, that was what Measle said anyway. Jackdaww had just about forgotten how angry he had been with Silence. She had been bugging him, but he didn't dislike her really, and he was the sort that was happy to move on once a problem had been properly shouted through.

“Yes and yes, that sounds just like them.” Measle laughed, looking around. “There’s a gap in the tree canopy just there, so we can probably take off again if you like. Here, I’ll go first.” He said, happy enough to get in a it of flight practise, and if Hydra was happier flying, he was too. He didn't want to navigate the nasty fibre-veg wall either, so the air would probably provide an easier route. Providing nothing stopped them reaching it, but he was sure nothing like that would happen…

Springing upwards, Measle beat his wings frantically to get some air under them, and took off after a messy fashion. He headed straight for the break in the canopy, which was plenty big enough for him, and would therefore probably be big enough for Hydra, and turned his head to check how Hydra was getting on, slowing to a hover.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Hydra huffed a bit and jumped into the air to take off, having a bit of issue with the vines around her, but they soon froze solid and broke into chunks, almost like they'd been submerged in liquid nitrogen. "Gah this forest is a pain!" she snapped irritatedly. She struggled through it for a bit longer before finally getting free. "That. . .was a chore and half from Hades. . ." she panted as she hovered beside Measle. "Let's find those humans and make sure nothing's happened to them." She sniffed the air for a few moments and wandered a few feet here and there before locking onto a direction. "That-a-way!"

"I'm about as fine as it gets besides busting my butt." Upon getting up she hugged Jackdaww and blatantly would refuse to let go if he asked, at least in that moment. She'd gotten quite scared in the short time she'd been alone. "D-Do I really cause that much trouble. . .?" she asked sadly. "If so I'll just head back to Caspan once we're out of these woods." She finally let him go and crossed her arms shyly, as if she felt bad for hugging him to start with. The fact that she'd done that now just felt awkward.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Jackdaww almost flinched as Silence went to hug him, but managed not to move. He hadn't been hugged before - not to his knowledge anyway, and it felt... alien. His father had been more of a distant kind of parent, and he'd never met his mother, so even amongst his childhood there was nothing. Awkwardly he moved his hands to pat Silence's back to comfort her, and gave her a gentle squeeze back, unsure what else to do. "No, no, you're no trouble really. I was just wound up. I'm sorry." he replied, his anger properly forgotten. She wasn't all that bad - a bit touchy, but Jackdaww had given her plenty of reasons for that. "If you can stand me much longer, I'd like you to stay." he added, as Silence pulled away. That had been more than a little awkward for Jackdaww, but he really hoped it didn't show. This was what he'd missed out on learning by opting out of city life...

Measle flew behind Hydra happily, taking his time as he didn't /think/ there was any problem. However, now that they were goign in a straight line, it seemed certain that they would find the humans faster than they had reached the patch of forest that Measle and Hydra had just taken off from. "This doesn't look like the path we came from y'know Hydra - how by the blazes did Jack and Silence get over here?" he commented, noticing they were following a slightly different path into the deeper woods. That was just like Jackdaww, to wind up on the wrong path.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:24 pm

Silence felt like she just wanted to hug Jack and not let go. Why on earth was that?! Maybe. . .Maybe it was because he was just as strange as her, stranger even. Or perhaps he was just naive and shy and it was too adorable to stand. "I guess I'll stay around a while longer. Now where did those two dragons get off to. . .?" she asked looking around. Apparently the sun was setting, or starting on its way down at least, because there started to be a bit of a bite to the breeze as it rustled its way through the canopy and underbrush. "Either it's getting nippy or one of the dragon pair is nearby. Hydra is the ice dragon, right?"

"Well when we took off we went in a different direction it seems. We veered to the right, and they to the left. The right yielded nothing but a dense wall of plant matter, so let's see where the left takes us." Honestly it seemed that Jack and Silence were headed in a better direction than they'd gone, but then again when they set off they figured the humans would pay attention to where the pair went. Oh well, humans weren't always observant, and Jackie certainly had his hands full with that gypsy. "It's also the fact that every visible path through this place looks nearly identical. Not a whole lot of those actually go THROUGH either, they meander and double back on each other."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:07 pm

“I’m glad. And I haven’t the slightest idea – I haven’t seen them since we fell into the river. Measle will have hell to answer to for that later.” Jackdaww said with a lighthearted smirk. “And you’re right – it is a bit chilly,” he added, “and yep, Hydra’s the ice dragon. They’re an odd little couple those two.” Giving a quick laugh, Jackdaww set about scanning the skies for the dragons – they had to be in the air if they were anywhere close, because the trees were so close together. “Maybe we should set off slowly the way we came…” he suggested, not too sure which way that was, but hoping it was straight on. Ah well, all paths around here lead back to the route to some city or another, and Jackdaww never cared especially where he was going. “Either way, we should try to get back onto a proper path – this track doesn’t seem to go much further before it turns into the undergrowth.” That was true enough – the woods were full of half-tracks that jut vanished into bushes or turned into small rivers after a few hundred yards.

--

“Ah, that explains it then. I was sure we’d flown straight, but the clouds make it hard to tell.” Measle agreed, scanning what he could see of the forest floor for the two humans. Hydra’s comment about the paths struck Measle however. The paths had definitely all forked off properly earlier – there was none of this ‘complete circle made of paths’ business. That was weird… maybe they had flown straight after all? Measle wasn’t sure – he wanted to find the humans quickly to sort it out before they got lost in the tightly packed trees. “Yes, they do all link – but they seem to link up more than when we set off…” he replies, expressing his concerns to Hydra. “I think there’s something weird going on.” The whole journey had been a strange one – ever since meeting Hydra Measle’s views on the world had been turned upside down, and now nothing seemed to be behaving quite like it used to.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Silence stuck a bit closer to Jackdaww as the wind picked up, and realized there was something literally pulling the heat out of her. She also soon realized he was keeping something in his pocket, both from the fact that it made contact with her side, and the fact that it had this awful black glow. "What the devil are you keeping in your pocket? It's sucking the heat straight out of me!" she just about shouted. It wasn't a shout of anger, but of shock; her left side now felt freezing cold to the touch and she was starting to shiver. "I don't mean to shout but wow that's cold!" Rather than risk setting the forest on fire, she simply switched sides and continued to hug him. "If I make you uncomfortable, just say so and I'll move." she remarked quietly.

"Magic affects everything, I suppose this forest is in some way alive. Whether the paths move, create illusions, or something else entirely I'm not sure, but looking at the path we took, it was indeed a straight line below the cloud cover. We'll have a hay-day trying to find those two from way up here with that thick canopy stretching on for miles. We may have to land and try again in the morning, perhaps a good night's sleep will give us a better chance." She glided a bit lower and scanned what ground she could see, but no luck. The humans were likely going to be on their own till morning at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Jackdaww continued to awkwardly hug Silence, until she gave a shout, making Jackdaww jump a few inches in the air in fright. “In my pocket? Nothing, I don’t think…” he said, before sticking his hand in his pocket and pulling out the odd black stone he’d taken from the building in Caspan. “This? It’s not that cold..? he said, uncertain. The dragons had seemed frightened by it too, but to Jackdaww it was just a tiny shard of black stone. He moved his arm a bit so there was a space for Silence to cuddle up in, and left his arm hovering over her, not quite sure where to put it once his arm was behind her back. “Oh no, it’s fine.” He said tightly, obviously unsure about the whole concept of hugging, but comfortable enough with Silence’s actual position.

“I’d never thought of it like that.” Measle replied, half folding his wings to descend in the sky a little further, looking for a good place to land and look for the humans. “I can’t see those two anywhere – maybe we should just land and wait for them to come to us? Jackdaww isn’t usually too bad at finding his way, and these paths will probably lead us to each other eventually if not.” He said after a while, “Look, there’s a wide bit of path there that we can at least get to the ground by. The canopy only seems to get thicker everywhere else, and we’ll never get through it.” He was getting tired by then too, even if his wing strength was building from all his flights with Hydra, so he’d be happy to settle on the ground again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next