Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Empty
PostSubject: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Setting: Azure Caves- the sandy shore that lead into the dark caves that are set away from the shore. The time of day is noon, and the sun is beating down strongly on the sand making them hot to the touch. Perhaps nothing to a dragon however, the sands are know to be too hot for humans to ever touch on. Even at night they remain high temperatures that could burn human flesh.

Plot: What do you do when you have a treasure map?

Characters:
Iris- Desert Chaser Dragon
Amaracuine- Shade Runner Dragon
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:27 pm

Amaracuine stood in the cool water, his three tails flicking out behind him in different directions. He didn't dare get his fur more wet than he had to. He preferred the sea to land yes, but he was going to be walking around and he'd rather not be smelling like salt for the rest of the day. He flicked his white stripped ears, annoyed of the heat coming from both the sky and the sand. The bandanna on his head, the black one with the white jolly roger clearly visible, was growing hot, and so was his black fur. He then started to question if maybe he'd feel better playing in the water for a little while. No, he had a mission and he wasn't going to let his captain down.

The shade runner pulled from under the bandanna a rolled up piece of paper. He unrolled it and looked down at the treasure map in his hands. In these caves was where the treasure was hidden, but he knew better than to waltz right in. There would be traps and many other things put into effect to keep this particular treasure safe. Not to mention, the sand. He could stand it, yes, but he'd have to run as fast as possible, and the sand made it hard for him to do that. So, if he could get the sand wet, then maybe he'd be better off. He growled in frustration. He'd just have to run it. Amaracuine refolded the treasure map and tucked it back away.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:43 pm

Slowly walking forward, Iris enjoyed the sand beneath her feet. The heat reminded her of the desert... although, this seemed to be much hotter.
Her gaze moved up to fix on the dragon before her, still many paces away. Even disregarding the bandana he wore, she could tell something was off with him. She watched as he hid the map away, instantly interested. A map could really only mean one of two things. But this dragon was a pirate, so it could only mean one.
Iris sped up to reach him faster, hoping to get to him before he started off. She didn't care if she didn't get any treasure from it; the adventure was really all that mattered, right?

(But treasure was nice, too.)
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 am

Amaracuine was about to take off when he saw something move from the corner of his eye. Turning to look over, he blinked and backed up a few steps into the water. His ears twitched again and he stared at the dragon approaching. He'd seen these ones before. They were Desert Sand Chasers or something. His tails moved out behind him in different ways as he waited for the dragon to come closer. "Ahoy," he called cheerfully. He wasn't sure yet if this dragon knew about his map yet. He honestly wasn't supposed to let anyone know, but he hadn't noticed this dragon before when he got here. He glanced back into the distance where his captain's ship looked on fire against the horizon. "What can me do fer ye?" he asked cocking his head to the side. He didn't smile, he wasn't the type, but he would play nice.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 am

Iris stopped not even four paces away from the shade runner. Her small sack hit against her leg, making a quiet jingling sound from the coins and jewels inside. She was slightly panicked for a moment, but she tried her best to hide it.
"Yes. I saw that you had a map and I was just wondering if maybe it leads to treasure?" She turned the statement into a question at the very last word and added a smile. However, she wasn't quite sure if it looked as forced as it felt.
Her eyes strayed down to where she'd seen the other dragon hide the map.

Last edited by Kavyle on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Color change~)
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Amaracuine growled silently to himself. So this dragon has seen his map. Oh well, maybe she could come in handy. If he played his cards right she could help him. She didn't seem like the type that he was, a pirate, or adventurer, but he'd been wrong before. "Aye, dis map does lead te a might fine treasure. Would ye be interested in lookin' fer et with me?" he asked. He was genuinely being nice. After all, no one would really turn down company on a treasure hunt. However, he supposed he should warn the desert chaser. "It might'n be dangerous though. Would ye still be a willin' to go lookin' fer a treasure?" The shade runner glanced quickly up at the sky and his ears twitched again, and so did his tails.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:44 am

Iris's grin twisted into a genuine smile and her eyes lit up with the idea of treasure and adventure. "Of--of course!" she stammered out of excitement. "I've only gone treasure hunting once! I don't even care about the dangers, the danger makes it fun!" She realized she was shouting towards someone who was very close, so she shut up for a moment.
Instead, she followed the gaze of the pirate, wondering what he was looking at. She didn't see anything but clouds and the sun, the latter of which only seemed to be growing hotter. "Maybe it will be cooler in the cave," she suggested finally.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:31 am

Amaracuine smiled. Perfect. Just as he'd hoped this dragon would play along with his little quest. That would make it a lot easier on him. "From what I can tell we need ta go inta tee right cave. It' be called Tooth, an tee one on tee left be known as Claw." The shade runner looked at the two caves curiously. He estimated the distance between him and Tooth. Pinning his ears back, his tails straight out, Amaracuine leaped out of the water and sprinted as fast as he could towards the cave. He skidded to a stop after only a few heart beats, not even long enough for him to feel the head under his feet. He turned back to wait for the other dragon. Once she'd arrive he'd smile. "Me name be Amaracuine m'lady, an ye be?"
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:22 am

Before she could ask how he knew which was the right one, he had already sped off toward Tooth. And then she got it.
Iris was only a few seconds behind him, kicking up sand and rocks as she ran. Her ears swept back and her eyes narrowed against the wind while her feet kept a fairly nice grip on the soft sand.
When she caught up to him, she heard his belated introduction. "I'm Iris," she replied with a smile, still happy from the run.
Turning toward the cave entrance, she began to lead the way this time, ears erect and eyes wide with interest. Although it was getting darker with each step, her vision was quick to adjust. She glanced back at Amaracuine to make sure he was following.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:02 pm

"Nice ta meet ya me beauty," he said bowing slightly. His ears perked again as he listen to the cave sounds. He was trying to pick out anything of interest that might mean some sort of booby trap, or maybe something else. He looked out into the darkness of the cave and immediately felt more comfortable. He was a shade runner after all. Testing the light he disappeared from sight for a moment, cloaking himself. When it worked he reappeared and fell into step with Iris. He looked around into the darkness, and to him, it was like the lighting had never changed. Blinking he scanned the walls and the ground and even the ceiling. "We be needin' ta walk dis way a bit, den we come upon a cross way and I be gettin' ta map out ta check which way frum dare."
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:36 pm

"Nice to meet you, too," said Iris with a smile.
She was a bit surprised when he disappeared, but was relieved when he was visible again. Nodding to indicate she understood, she turned forward to concentrate on whatever might lie ahead.
Her ears stayed perked up and she began to squint, not entirely sure of what signs to look out for. She glanced at the ground, the ceiling, the walls. Nothing seemed out of place.
So it was only natural that she was the one to activate the trap. Luckily, it was a warning trap, so it wouldn't kill them, but it was still terrifying.
Something wooshed by one of her ears and she turned to look at it. Nothing was there, but not long afterward she could hear the sound of a pebble tapping to the ground. She paused and tilted her head, trying to figure out what was going on.
When the second rock hit against her shoulder, she realized what was happening and began to run, ducking in hopes of staying out of the line of fire. The rocks were thrown increasingly faster, but not any harder.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Amaracuine would have said something, but by the time he realized it, it was too late. He flinched when he knew the first trap had been set off. Looking around, he waited for something to happen, and then of course it did. At first he was confused. They were just rocks. Nothing that really hurt at all. They were like irritating pebbles being thrown at them. Oh interesting of a trap. Of course, he started to realize that they were in front of them too. Now he understood. They were picking up speed. It wasn't supposed to hurt, it was supposed to deter and annoy. He snarled to himself and matched his speed with the other dragon. One of his tails covered the side of her head to keep the rocks from hitting her, and he put other to cover his. His third tail just streaked out behind them and he dropped to all fours to run. "Irritatin'," he snarled as he ran by the other dragon's side. "Don hurt but it sure be annoyin'."
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 am

Iris had to agree with that.

Amaracuine's tail tickled the Chaser's face, but she was grateful for it regardless. Up ahead, she saw the cross that the other dragon had mentioned. "Almost there!" she shouted over the noise of the ricocheting stones.
She stayed close to the right wall - that is, the one opposite the one where they rocks were pelting out. Her sack pounded against her leg, jingling but muffled.
The rocks stopped hitting them, finally. Iris slowed to a stop in the middle of the cross and looked around. "Now where?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 am

When they were both out of the rocks the shade runner's tails stayed behind him once more. They flicked and shook as he tested them to make sure there were none of those stupid rocks in his fur. Satisfied the dragon stood but up on his hind legs and pulled the treasure map back out from under his bandanna. He opened it up and read the paper, glancing up and around every few minutes. "Looks like we be needin' ta head dis way," he said pointing off to the right. "Interestin' how dat works when da rocks were shootin' from da left." The dragon shrugged and folded the map away again. "Not dat I'm upset, but please do try an be a little more careful. Aldough, dese traps don't seem ta have a trigger," he warned at the end. So they were just going to go off at any time. He started down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:22 am

Frowning, Iris followed the pirate. She was mostly sure that the trap was all her fault, but she didn't want to voice that for fear of Amaracuine making her turn back. "Maybe it comes from the left to throw off treasure hunters that don't have maps?" Or the map is wrong... she thought, a slight fear coming over her. What if they got all the way to where the treasure was supposed to be and it was gone? Yes, the adventure itself would be all fun and great, but she was definitely hoping for some kind of reward.
Tail flicking behind her, she asked, "Who would hide treasure in a cave?" That's what really bothered her; the unrealistic idea that someone would go through all this trouble just for coin. Maybe it was more than coin, though?
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Amaracuine shrugged. It seemed like that could be an option. Maybe it was to throw off those with no map. Whoever would see the trap from the left would have assumed that the right way to go would be to follow the traps. "Dat could be," he said. He dropped back onto all fours again as they walked, his ears twitching as he tried to listen for whatever it was that was around them. He paused for a moment to listen to some echo of dripping water and he smiled slightly. Once he was sure it was water, he kept moving. "Me have a feelin' me know what be comin' next, but in da meen time, how much would ye know 'bout dese caves Iris?" he asked looking over at her while he kept his steady pace.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Iris's eyes narrowed slightly, listening to the water. What is he smiling at? she wondered. Still, the Chaser continued to follow the Runner even as the small pebbles beneath them continued to poke into their feet.
Upon being asked, Iris answered honestly, "Just that they're dark. And that there's supposed to be treasure in this one." She hadn't actually come by the Azure Caves before. There had been no reason. She had only come this time out of pure curiosity. And so far, she wasn't sure if it had even been a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm

Amaracuine nodded his head. He thought about what to say for a moment, he had to phrase it perfectly if he wanted it to make sense. "Well, dere be two ways ta enter dis cave," he said still looking over at the Chaser. "One be drough the land, like we did. Da oder be by water. But, ye be needin' ta be a water dragon in order ta go in dat way. Dis cave heads under da water, but it be safe. derefor dis treasure isn't in a cave. Dis treasure be under water." He smiled. Where they were going was going to get wet. The dragon or rider pair who had owned this treasure where skilled pirates. That much he could tell. The map had even had another leading over to find it. "Dis is 'bout to get wet," he said. Just as behind them came the sudden sound of a blast of water. "Run!" he yelled above the noise. It was a straight away till a drop. They just had to jump the drop, and they'd be safe.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 am

No sooner had she asked, "We're going under water!?" than had the tide swept in upon them. She ran, perhaps even faster than Amaracuine - not that she was watching him, of course. Her eyes were focused on getting away from that water for fear of getting any of her fur wet, for fear of drowning!
The transition from calm conversation to excited dashing had her head in a muddle and her heart in a rush to beat her in the race. She didn't know where she was headed or how to get out and away from the water but she needed out!
She was terrified.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:14 am

Amaracuine laughed softly as her question, and then her sudden jolt of speed. It was funny to see her so frightened, at least to him, who was used to causing such fear. However, he supposed he should catch up to her to make sure she didn't run blindly right into the sudden drop away. Granted even if you fell he was pretty sure there was still a way to get back to the top. Assuming you didn't either one drown, or two get swept out into the deep waters of the sea. Not much of a swimmer himself, the shade runner supposed she might not be either. So, he poured on as much speed as possible to come up to the Chaser's side. "Ya gunna have ta make a jump soon," he warned her as the jump started to come into sight. It looked like it was a straight path, but there were come clues as to indicate the drop in it. The water was getting closer too, blasting down the hall behind them. "Ready?" the Runner asked with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 am

Iris could barely hear him over the angry water behind them. But she heard something about a jump and nodded. "Thanks for the warning!" she shouted, focusing on the ground in front of her now. She wanted to be able to see the drop as soon as possible. Maybe the water would fall into it and stay there. Hopefully it would.
The muscles in her back legs tensed as she saw the drop near. Closer and closer and closer, and by whatever deities may be around, she was going to clear that gap! She sprung out, trying to leap as far as she could. She misjudged the height by a bit but was able to hang on and climb up. Her neck twisted quickly as she tried to see if the water would keep coming.

Last edited by Kavyle on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:05 am

Amaracuine who was a little more used to the rush of jumping and judging the distances between cliffs and such in the dark, didn't have any trouble making the leap. He paused as he stood up on his hind legs and watched the rush of water come cascading down the tunnel they'd been in only to fill the gap they'd just jumped across. His three tails wagged in different directions and his ears perked and then lay flat as he smirked to himself. "Well, now whut be next?" he asked aloud as he pulled the map out and opened it. Turning back away from the water, the shade runner started to walk down the tunnel as if nothing had happened in the first place. "Looks like we go down dis tunnel a little longer, den we have ta make a right."
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Breathing rather hard, Iris looked at the other dragon. How did he take his map out so fast...? No, how did he jump that so easily? She used to be so good at this... Granted, it had been a while - at least ten years - but for her to fail so terribly...
At least, she thought, I actually made it. But still, she could imagine that he thought of her as such an amateur.
Finally catching her breath, she asked, "What do you suppose the next trap will be?"
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 am

Amaracuine gave a sidelong glance over to the other dragon as she spoke. He was silent for a few moments as he put the map away again and thought about her question. Finally he gave up and shrugged, walking on hind legs, and then dropping down to all fours once more. "I only figured dis one because we be be headin' under da water now." He inclined his head ahead of them which indeed made a downward slope. He smiled at Iris. "Hopefully it be an-udder easy one ta get pass?" he said as an almost question. He returned his gaze in front of them looking out for whatever was to come next. This treasure would be well worth anything the traps could throw at them, he knew it. Not to mention, Nicolett would be pleased when they finally got it back to land. He supposed he'd owe this dragon a little bit by the end. Not that it mattered. Pirate or not, there was enough to go around.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 am

Although she nodded, Iris was pretty sure that the next trap wouldn't be very easy. But really, anything was better than that sudden burst of water. That had been terrifying. Maybe there would be snakes next. Or spiders.
But the fire that sprung over the walls behind them was not what she had been thinking of at all. Rocks, water, fire. Wonderful. She could only wonder (as she ran, of course) whether the last trap would have something to do with air. If that would be the case, then it was possible that both of them would be screwed. No wings, no flight.
Now I definitely want that treasure, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: