Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:22 am

The runner actually laughed as the next trap was sprung. "Fire aye? Lets be goin'," he said as he took off running next to the Chaser. By breed, Amaracuine was much faster than Iris, so keeping her pace was easier than having to worry about her behind him. He was getting awfully bored of these traps. If all he had to do was outrun them, then what fun could this be? He could merely run the whole way without even noticing a single trap went off. Still, how curious they seemed to followed the elements. And interesting turn of events that made him wonder what could possibly come next. They still had a while to go if they wanted to get to this treasure. Not to mention the way out would be interesting as well. On top of that, there was actually getting the treasure back to the surface. "This be awfully borin' don't ye agree?" he asked, making small talk while he ran.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:07 am

Iris had to think about that. Boring? Well, she supposed it was a little predictable. Though she couldn't say she minded all the running they were doing.
It wasn't long before they outran the fire. It only extended so far, until the fuel stopped. After all, rocks couldn't burn. Could they melt, though?
She shook her head at herself. The fire wouldn't have been hot enough to melt stone!
"Yeah, I guess it is," she replied, finally.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 5:37 am

Amaracuine slowed to a stand still as they finally out ran the fire. He sat down, panting a little this time. Unlike Chasers, where Runner won in speed, Chasers won in their endurance. He looked over at her as his tails laid flat against the ground and his ears drooped slightly. "Well," he said softly. "What say ye 'o a little break, ay?" he asked as he pulled the map back out from under his bandanna again and opened it up to read it. They still needed to find the fork in the way, and it should have been coming up soon. For now though, they'd just gotten out of harms way, and were before the next trap it would appear, so he figured it would be safe to rest, if only just for a little bit. They both needed to catch their breath and relax a little.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Iris was also getting a little tired, but she wasn't as exhausted as Amaracuine looked. But still, a rest would be nice. She nodded and sat down, opening her sack to make sure nothing fell out during that run.
When she was satisfied that everything was there, she covered it back up with the cloth and closed the sack.
"So," she began to get his attention. "Are you a pirate?" She wanted to ask to be sure. He certainly seemed like a pirate, but there was no way to know for sure until she asked. It was possible that he just liked pirates or grew up around them. It was also possible that she had a skewed idea of pirates.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Amaracuine looked over to her from reading the map when she began to speak. A smile curled on his lips at her question. What a silly dragon she was. "Aye," he said with a slight wag of his tails, his ears perking again. "I be First mate Amaracuine of ta Flamin' Seas. Cap'ned by Nicolett, te greatest pirate 'o te seas." He seemed rather pleased with himself with that answer. "No ship be comin' near ta Flamin' Seas and survivin' ta tell te tale," he added with a malicious glint in his eyes. He knew something he wasn't letting on to. But be it about the ship, about himself, or about his captain, he wasn't going to tell. He returned his eyes to the map and then for the sake of conversation asked, "What be ye occupation?"
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Her ear twitched at that as she wondered whether his ship was really the best pirate ship or if he just thought so. If it truly was, though, then that was very impressive.
"Well," she said, feeling reluctant, "I'm... I guess I'm a messenger. It's not as exciting as being a pirate, but I don't have a lot of skills to work with..." She untied and retied her sack around her front leg, concentrating hard on that. "But it also gives me a lot of freedom to run around, and most of the time the messages aren't urgent so I don't have to deliver them right away. Though I probably should."
She was a bit embarrassed by her boring and somewhat obvious job.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Amaracuine smiled. "Bein' a messenger be a good skill ta have. Tink 'o it dis way. If ye ever got an urgent message and someone wanted te stop ye from diliverin' it, ye'd have ta have some good skills te get away from any danger," he said as finally memorized most of the map. They'd still have to hang a right, then drop down lower into the water that was by now around them. Eventually, they'd have to scale a bit of a steep drop, then he'd have to figure out from there. For now it seemed like the dangers were going to get worse even without the traps that were sure to be laying around. "Alright, would ye be ready to head out again?" he asked. He folded the map back up and tucked it back under his bandanna as he looked over at the Chaser. "We be takin' da next right."
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 am

Iris pondered over what Amaracuine said while he looked over the map. She hadn't really thought of that... "Yeah... I think you're right," she murmured with a smile. The Chaser enjoyed the feeling of importance for a moment until the other dragon spoke once more.
She nodded and stood up. "Let's get to that treasure!" Glancing over at him, she prepared herself to run again. She knew she couldn't start without his lead. However, her feet itched to dash off and try to outrun him. Though she supposed that could wait until later. It wouldn't be the best idea to go too fast when there were so many traps about.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 am

Amaracuine smiled as he too stood up. He smiled as he seemed to guess what she was itching for. He shook his head. "Ye would never beat me, me beauty," he said as he cocked his head to the left, his right ear flopping and his left standing up straight. He almost had an innocent look to his features. "It not be in ye breed ta out run a Shade Runner. But ye could beat me dependin' on how far we be goin'," he added as he started to think that over. Nicolett had taught him what she knew about different breeds of dragon since he was little. Honestly, he couldn't think of a breed he didn't know almost everything about. She'd never missed out on teaching him everything she knew. She may have a hard exterior, but deep down he knew who she really was. "But if ye be lookin' ta run, we could run till we reach da cross roads ahead?" he offered.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:33 am

When Amaracuine tilted his head, the Chaser noticed that he looked young like her. Before she had had the impression that he was rather old. Maybe he was but was just... younger on the inside? Well, come to think of it, he had gone into a cave filled with booby traps for treasure. (And so had she.)
Iris frowned, then smiled. "Okay. Ready? Set? Go!" And she took off, feet pounding against the now flat ground. She practically flew with each step, her sack hitting against her leg again while the feather tied to her tail did several flips and turns in the air.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:13 am

Amaracuine smirked and he got into a running stance. His tails straight out behind him, ears pinned back. He had his left back leg up and his right out. His left front leg holding still, and his right up in the air. He looked much like a pointer as he stuck his head out waiting. Ready. He tensed his muscles. Set. He inched forwards, making sure to line up with her. His heart beat thrummed with excitement as he waited. GO! Amaracuine surged forwards, furred paws swiftly moving over the ground. His eyes searching out in front of him. However, he wasn't going to go full out. He kept his nose at her shoulder, waiting for the opportune time to spring in with his full speed. The walls flashing by them too quickly to notice anything about them as the two ran straight towards the cross roads. They'd have to stop before they ran into the wall, of course, but that wasn't for a little ways down.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Iris longed to look at Amaracuine, who was right beside her. She wanted so badly to make sure she was staying at least a little bit in the lead. But she knew she needed to keep her eyes on the air in front of her, on the wind smashing so hard against her face, on the wall she could see nearing in her vision. The Chaser knew she could easily just before hitting the wall. She could switch direction when Amaracuine possibly couldn't with his speed.
With this in mind, she pushed herself to go faster, headed straight for the wall only to make a sharp turn before her nose could so much as brush the wall. She only stopped once she made it into the cross.
And then she looked at him, not even breathing hard.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 12:43 am

The wall was coming up fast and Amaracuine took his chance. He threw all his speed into a swift sprint. He wasn't sure if he waited too long, or if he was successful at beating her. He didn't really care, his next problem was to avoid the wall. He was agile, but he was moving so fast. He quickly braced himself and instead of trying to turn he ran up the length of the wall and used his momentum to flip into the air and land on his feet easily enough. His tails uncurling and landing back out straight behind him. He smiled as he panted. "Dat be fun," he said amused.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 2:35 am

Iris couldn't help but smile back and agree. A little competition was always nice, and it got her blood pumping. And not in the way that the traps had, either; that had been terrifying. Racing was fun. Running for her life? Not so much.
She was about to walk again, but then paused and glanced at Amaracuine once more. "Do you need to rest again?" The Chaser had noticed how hard the other dragon was breathing, but had only now recalled it. As much as she didn't want to wait, it would be hard to keep going at a nice pace if her guide was exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:36 am

Amaracuine would have pulled the map put then if not for the fact that he still had it memorized up until after scaling the drop down. He took a couple deep breaths as he dropped back onto four paws, and turned his attention back to Iris. "Me be fine," he said as his panting slowed to a stop. "Thank Ye, dough," he added as he walked over next to her. He looked into the tunnel, wondering what the next trap could possibly be. He turned his head to look at the Chaser. " Now we be headin' down deep in ta da water," he explained. "Me hopes we stay dry," he added looking a little unhappy. He loved the sea, swimming, and the water, but he did 't want wet fur for the rest of this little treasure hunt. That would make for a very unhappy and annoyed Pirate. "Shall we me beauty?" h e asked, looking from her back down the sloping tunnel. This one was in naturally dark.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:57 pm

"Yeah, let's hope so..." Iris agreed. Silently, she added a prayer to whomever would listen, And don't let there be any more water pits of doom. Please.
The Chaser followed Amaracuine's gaze now. What could be lurking down there? Snakes? Piranhas? Salamanders? (Those creepy little things... Lizards shouldn't have gills!) Whatever it was, though, she knew she was going to be ready. She had to be ready, because there was really no turning back now. So, with this in mind, she nodded. "I'm ready if you are."
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:30 am

Amaracuine nodded his head. "Onwards den," he said happily. The shade-runner walked forwards cautiously as he stepped onto the slope. The first few feet were steep, and he found his paws already slipping on the surface. It was almost like ice under foot. He kept close to the wall, ears perked as his tails held still behind him. He almost wondered if it'd be easier to walk on two legs for this. He swallowed, determination in his eyes. He'd try this from the Chaser's point of view. His front legs slipped out from under him though and he dug his back claws into the ground as he scrambled to regain his balance. "Dis is a wee bit harder den me dought," he said when he finally caught himself again.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 2:04 am

Iris was having about as much trouble as Amaracuine at first, but managed to keep her feet from slipping out from under her. But at the shock of seeing the Runner suddenly slip like that, she reared up a bit and tried to reach out to make sure he stayed steady. This in turn caused her to lose her balance a bit; she just barely managed to stay upright.
Letting out a short laugh of relief when she saw him get back to his feet, she nodded. "Ye-yeah. Do you need help...?" Her voice trailed off as she forgot his name. She tried to make it seem like she hadn't, though, adding "sir" at the end of the question. Her lips curled back and up in a quick, nervous smile. That's kind of embarrassing... she thought, biting her tongue and hoping he didn't notice. Surely he remembered her name, so it was a bit rude that she couldn't even give him the courtesy of remembering his.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 3:11 am

Amaracuine laughed slightly. "Naw, me be 'ight," he said as he offered a quick glance back at the chaser, and smiled slightly. He moved his paws more carefully now, annoyed at this ice like ground. What was on it to make it so slippery? It didn't feel wet, or cold or slimy. It felt like normal dirt, but something was on it. There had to be. Was this the trap too? So what was supposed to happen? Just stall for time... time... wait a second. He remembered something about the map just then. "Iris," he said suddenly. "We need ta run, and dis ain't about our lives, it be 'bout da treasure." There was a door a head of them, and each second, it was sliding closer to the ground. Trying to seal off the path to the treasure. The map had said something about it. Once you stepped onto the icy ground the door starts to close. Of course, by run he meant more like hurry, but he was pretty sure he got his point across. He picked up his pace, his claws making tearing sounds in the ground as he fought to stay on his feet and move faster all the same.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 pm

"Hm?" she hummed, tilting her head a bit. She listened to what he had to say. "Okay." She could run. That wouldn't be difficult, right?
And so she did, but it was all too easy to slip and slide on the slick surface of the soil. There wasn't enough traction to run correctly, and she was definitely going to need to think of something better before that door fell all the way. She looked around as she stumbled about, trying to figure out what to do. After a quick glance at the ground, she realized that there was a huge lack of sharp rocks, which had been prominent elsewhere. So maybe if she just slide down the steep slope...?
Kneeling down, she kicked behind her a few times and used her forelegs to slide faster. She felt a bit like a living sled, and it was a little painful, but it was working.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 am

Amaracuine watched the Chaser for a moment. His eyes scouting her movements. That might actually work... The shade runner curled his tails underneath him and leaned back on his butt. He put his front paws on the icy ground in front of him and lowered his front half as close to the ground as he dared, trying to making himself more aerodynamic. Amaracuine's ears were pinned back as he angled his body left and right to pick up more speed. This was going to be close, but the door was coming into sight. The dragon's heart dropped as he saw how fast it was dropping. "Hurry," he called out to Iris. He wasn't entirely sure where the dragon was. His eyes were half closed and tears filled them. Obscuring his vision.
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Iris couldn’t help but laugh when she saw Amaracuine doing the same that she did upon opening an eye. “You look ridiculous!” she informed him with a grin. Then she tilted her head, unable to hear what he had to say. “What!?” The Chaser tried to look forward, but the air slapped coldly against her eyes as she did so and she quickly squinted them shut. She lifted a paw to shield her eyes and attempted again to see.
She shouted in surprise as she saw the wall coming in fast. Her feet scratched desperately at the ground, trying to slow down as best as she could. It wasn’t working as well as she hoped, but if she could just claw harder…
To her surprise, the ice suddenly sloped down further and she felt like she was dropping for a moment. She was quickly on the ice again, but it was still terrifyingly steep, almost like a cliff!
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:01 am

Amaracuine body lifted from the ground and he cried out in surprise, when suddenly he landed back on the ground. Confusion clouded his mind. What had that been? His eyes were closed now, unable to open them against the force of the air being blown against his face. His ears were plastered back to his head, and his fur probably would have looked funny to see, how it melted against his figure in the gust. The shade runner tilted his head down, forcing his ears to cover his eyes enough so he could see. The door was gone. And then he ice underneath him vanished. He skidded against the ground, his claws reflexively trying to dig into the ground to stop him. He tumbled forwards into a summer sault and landed on his back, his tails in his face. "Pwft," he said as he flipped his back feet onto the ground and his tails with them. "Made it?" he asked as he looked around for Iris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan   Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kav) A Pirate's Loot (Tegan
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2