Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:03 pm

The morning brought the usual annoying faces and the other nuisances that came along with it. Siofra didn’t dislike her job but it was tough sometimes to keep her mouth shut and not step out of line. After all, it wasn’t her place as a woman to speak her mind too much, despite the fact that she was rather high ranking within the army, much to the dismay of some of the Surahnians who’d served much longer than her.

On her way to Lourna’s bakery after the meeting was finally over, Siofra began to reconsider the events of the previous night. Something needed to be done about this merchant. First of all though, she needed to find out who exactly he was, where he used to hang around, habits and so forth, but it would be an easy thing for her to do. And if Lourna was to help, then it would be even quicker.

It was one of the reasons why Siofra was on her way to the bakery once again, which turned out to be the third day in a row, unusual for the half-elf, but she also wanted to know how the dragon was doing. She had overexhausted herself the night before and Siofra wanted to make sure she was alright.

Upon entering the bakery, she got the odd feeling that something was wrong however and her little worry immediately turned into full blown concern. “Hello? Lourna?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 am

Lourna was still trying to wake up from the excitement and horror of last night, and stumbled down from her room in the attic. "I'm sorry I don't look my best, Siofra. Last night hit me like a ton of lumber." She wasn't very keen on mentioning that she'd had a visitor a short time after she returned home, but it would have to come out sometime. "Turns out I had another visitor last night, but he wanted nothing more than to see that nothing was amiss. Of course. . .That doesn't explain why he was upstairs when the sun came up. It's like a blurry dream." She hoped and prayed nothing went awry, otherwise she'd be in mountains of trouble.

"I don't believe he did anything to earn wrathful retribution, but he did stay till he knew I was alright." Yaya had risen with the dawn as well, and silently watched Lourna's visitor leave the bakery. She hadn't heard anything unusual, and therefor didn't believe that any disreputable behavior had taken place during the new boy's stay. "No bad sounds!" she piped as she jumped up on the counter to say hello. "No bad sounds up there, boy was. . .nice." She didn't really have a large vocabulary when it came to adjectives, but she'd soon be on her way. "R-. . .Respectful?" she questioned. It was obvious she meant to say that he was respectful to her human friend, but as of yet that was a huge word with a complicated meaning.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:06 am

It was a relief to see Lourna appear in one piece, regardless of the fact that she still looked a little dishevelled and seemed to have had very little sleep. Of course, the relief was short-lived when Lourna mentioned yet another nightly visitor. The fact that he only wanted to know that nothing was amiss did not really appease Siofra’s mind either.

“Upstairs?” Siofra asked, cocking an eyebrow, looking from Lourna to the dragon and back. “Are you quite certain that he didn’t do anything?” Yesterday evening, she would have mocked the situation and thought it utterly funny that the somewhat shy Lourna had gotten a man into her bedroom on the very first night she went out for the Festival of Life, but this morning, she wasn’t quite so sure if she could regard the situation as funny.

“Admirer, I assume?” At the many reassurances though that there had been no funny noises, Siofra calmed her nerves a little however, and even cracked a grin at Sinyaya’s assurances. “At least he didn’t try to choke you then by sticking his tongue down your throat. Good enough.”

Heaving a sigh as most of the tension left her body, she cleared her throat to cover a laugh. “So what were his intentions? I don’t believe the wanting to make sure everything is alright talk.” Of course, Siofra knew full well what his real intentions had been, but she preferred Lourna to make the statement.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:13 pm

"He wanted something other than what he told me, certainly, but since nothing feels abnormal aside from lack of decent sleep I'd say nothing happened. I assume I fell asleep, and if he stayed any length of time after that I wouldn't know if he did anything disreputable; I sleep like a boulder. By the time he showed up I was sober, that much I remember. I complained of a headache and I was on the verge of passing out." On that note she opened the door to the back room and gestured to the table. "Since I don't think you're just passing through, care to have breakfast with me?" At the mention of that word, Yaya took off to claim a seat and waited patiently, her tail flicking back and forth.

"Foood!" she chirped happily. Lourna cracked a smile and waved her off. "You eat rats all night you can wait a few minutes for breakfast. How did the meeting go Siofra, as infuriating as it sounded last night?" The look etched into the elf's face told the story, but better to ask than assume. While waiting for an answer she began making food preparations. "Is there anything you would prefer not to eat? Any kind of sausage or fruit?" On the note of her visitor she turned and smiled. "If it turns out something went awry last night we can go harass him about it, and mother would likely have me marry him. You can beat him up if that comes to pass, and you'll be a godmother!"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 pm

“And first at the table is…,” Siofra looked at the dragon with mock reproach as Sinyaya made a beeline towards the table. “I’ll gladly accept that offer though, I haven’t eaten anything this morning and the meeting was long for an empty stomach.” There had been the embarrassing moment of silence, obviously, when her stomach had growled, but they had all pretended not to notice, much to Siofra’s relief. “Yes, it was just as infuriating as I supposed it would be and it was just as pointless too. Problems still haven’t been resolved and new ones have accumulated again. But that isn’t anything new either.”

The half-elf waved off the topic with her hand and helped with food preparations instead. “No, I’m not all too fussy with what I eat as long as it’s somewhat tasty.” Long weeks of travel with having to live on what nature offered would heal even the pickiest people from being a pest about food.

Siofra burst out laughing at the mention of being a godmother. “Thanks but no thanks, you can give that job to someone else. Though I wouldn’t mind the beating, in case he didn’t behave like the perfect gentleman. However, I assume you would have noticed if he did anything unseemly.”

Once they sat down at the table to eat, she picked up the conversation again. “So, in the end, what did he even do? Other than watch you sleep? And I assume, you haven’t spoken to your mother yet. Or has she inquired after the success of the dress she chose for you?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:29 pm

"She's coming in later today after getting the family home all squared away for the next few days. That boy stuttered, fumbled, and tripped his way through the bakery. I invited him upstairs because that's essentially my house, so having him up there wasn't such a huge to-do until I started getting tired. He got a little nervous over all that and decided to cuddle up to me. That didn't last very long because I believe I passed out while he was holding me. After that I woke up intermittently over the following hours and he just sat beside me the whole time. Sometimes on the bed, sometimes in a chair but he was here till the sun started rising, then he kissed me and said goodbye." Mentioning that hazy kiss made her blush and she turned her attention to serving the food.

"I watched him leave, he didn't take anything on the way out. He did seem a little rattled, like something scared him." The dragon's input was followed by her snitching a bit of bread from the table and munching away at it. Lourna sat down by her friend and poured her a glass of fresh milk and gestured to the food. "Help yourself, I tried to make an assortment." She had jam and butter out in jars and dishes, different kinds of light rolls, and three sausage links. "And being a godmother doesn't exactly come with responsibilities, it's just a respectful title. Usually a close friend of the mother."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 am

It was odd in a way, listening to Lourna’s story about her visitor from the previous night. It seemed so intimate and here she was asking questions about it. Wouldn’t really be any of her business any way even if something had happened, other than the fact that he would have deserved a beating or something along the lines if he had hurt her in some way.

“Well, if Sinyaya approves, guess there’s not much wrong with him then,” Siofra said with a wink at the dragon. “Might want to stay clear of the more intimate details though when you’re talking to your mother. Unless you really want to see yourself being married to him within a few days.”

Helping herself to a bread roll, she hesitated for a fraction of a second as Lourna explained her view of a godmother to Siofra. Covering the hesitation over by grabbing the butter and slowly spreading a thin layer thereof onto her roll, the half-elf wasn’t quite sure whether she should comment on this or not. Lourna considered her that close a friend? It made her wonder how she felt about Lourna. She couldn’t exactly say she was a friend, since she practically didn’t have any friends left, at least not in this part of Dragon’s Cove. They were a luxury she didn’t see often, and it came almost as a shock to her that, out of all people, a Surahnian girl would pick her as a friend. “If it’s just a title…,” Siofra muttered, though she knew herself that she didn’t sound convincing at all.

“Alright, you need a plan for your admirer. What is his name anyway? Considering last night’s events, I think it’s safe to say that he may have fairly high hopes now. So either you will have to nourish those hopes or crush them. The latter needs to be done as soon as possible otherwise he might turn into a nuisance. The first, well, you can take as long as you like with that one, as long as you don’t make him lose hope that it will ever go any further than just cuddling.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 3:45 pm

Something had changed in Lourna over the course of her time in Siofra's company. The upper-class would say the elf had corrupted her, while even her mother would later admit that her daughter was much better off after spending time with the older woman. "Mother is a bit hazy and upredictable at the moment, no telling what she'll say or do when she hears about any of this. For all I know she may do a handstand and spout poetry in the common language, which to my knowledge she hasn't been practicing of late." Her mother didn't even know about Sinyaya! She saw her mother that infrequently. "Mother has yet to meet my new tenant as well. Better to tell her all at once though, otherwise I'll never hear the end of how I keep secrets from her. Or gods forbid she hear about Yaya from someone else. Her getting any correct information about from someone other than me is almost never good."

Her mother was actually on her way over at that very moment. She'd received a visit from the mother of Lourna's admirer, and was in quite a hurry to see how the Festival had gone. Thoughts whirled in her head of the possibilities surrounding this unheard-of circumstance. Her little Lori had never been interested in boys, men, or romance, now here she was with a rather enamored admirer! The woman who had come to see her was a lively woman just a hair younger than herself, with pink cheeks and a shining smile. It had come as a shock to hear that her husband and son were both scholars as well. The boy's name was Stefan, he'd always been the quietest of children, and among the shyest according to his dear mother.

"Lori! Lori my sweetest starling! Where are you?" she called as she walked through the shop. Lourna just about snorted her drink and wiped her mouth when she heard her mother calling her. "That would be her for certain. Time to face the madwoman of the Krishnev House." It was an affectionate thing she sometimes called Verunia, but anyone who wasn't permitted to use it with good humor was subsequently put to shame by Lourna's rarely-seen fury. "I'm in the back momma! You've missed far too much in your absence!" In gracious compliment to her generally amiable demeanor and overwhelming propensity to stay silent, Lourna possessed an insurmountably mellow and sweet temperament that could only be turned flamingly sour by the defamation of her mother's good name. "I have two friends for you to meet. This is Siofra, the Bowmaster's second in command, and Sinyaya. Now mother please don't panic over the idea of a dragon in the bakery, she earns her keep by keeping the rats out." It was just a matter of how to tip-toe around these subjects so that her mother would simply agree and warm up to the news.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

A smile played around Siofra’s lips as Lourna began worrying about her mother but she refrained from commenting. Mothers tended to be over-protective at times, it quite simply was the way nature intended it apparently, and no plant had grown against this to the best of her knowledge. Thus suffering through it was the best option to handle it.
As if on cue, a voice called out to Lourna and Siofra grinned. “I guess that’s mummy dearest,” she whispered to the dragon. “Best behaviour now!”

Raising from her chair, Siofra inclined her head towards the elder woman and greeted her, starting off in Surah before switching back to Common. “Good day Madam. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. And may I say, you have quite the eye for choosing stunning dresses.” The comment was accompanied by the hint of a smile and a quick glance towards Lourna. It was clear why the latter’s mother had come in the first place, thus there was no need to keep her mouth shut about the Festival of Life. Plus, she hadn't even revealed anything, merely commented the dress choice, which had been exquisite without her even having to lie about the fact, and it had most definitely brought the desired success as well.

The change in Lourna as soon as her mother entered the shop had been noticeable, to her at least, but it seemed the young woman knew exactly how to handle her mother so as to prevent an outburst. However, she hoped that the woman really would understand the night dragon’s presence; otherwise this could go a little awry. The Surahnians aversion to magic was no secret and Siofra was quite weary of this notion.
Nonetheless, she tried to make it not too obvious that she was ready to leap to Sinyaya’s defense alongside Lourna and tried to stay out of the way of the reunion between mother and daughter.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:10 pm

Quite shockingly, her mother stayed silent and simply watched the little creature. "That's a dragon...? Doesn't look like any I've heard stories of." she remarked as she walked to the table to examine both elf and baby dragon. On cue Sinyaya carefully moved forward and purred as cutely as she could manage, it was soon accompanied by a squeak when Verunia looked hesitant to pet her. It didn't take long for the tiny dragon's charm to work its way past whatever misinformation the woman had on dragons. "I got a visit sometime this morning from a woman who claims you stole her son's heart at the Festival." the lady remarked. She hadn't ignored Siofra, and soon brought her into the conversation. "Seems my daughter finally got some common sense and made a friend! She was the most introverted child you'd ever see, always hiding behind my skirt when we'd go to market."

"Market?" Yaya chirped. Oh dear, thought Lourna, this is where the real trouble will come if mother has an episode. For the moment, it seemed like the chirping had gone right over her head as she spoke with the elf. "I've heard of you, Siofra. Then again the local gossip chain is a rather bad place to learn of someone, and I can see that jealousy is quite the issue." Her common was definitely fragmented, but at least it was coherent. "I think my mother means women are quite jealous of you, both for your looks and for your standing in the military." Lori translated. Her mother ventured to pick Yaya up and simply held her in her arms like anyone would hold a precious pet. "Yaya's charms have worked once again!" teased Lori.

"Now, I mentioned my visitor, yes? Well she claims that her son came home early this morning talking about you. Said you'd had a bit of trouble last night and he went to check on you. His name is Stefan and he's a scholar along with his father at the library here in the city." It was clear she was keeping the elf involved, and Lori had a vague idea as to why. "I'd like you to consider courting him." There was a blunt suggestion if one ever existed! Thankfully this could mean a more in-depth conversation around the table and perhaps something could be settled.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:28 am

Having the hardest time to keep herself from laughing out loud, Siofra tried to concentrate on possible rumours the woman might have heard, though she could imagine what horrifying stories had been told to the Surahnian people in this respect; stories of terrifying, firebreathing monsters who feast on human flesh at regular intervals was definitely one option. Anything would be good to keep herself from laughing out how the tiny night dragon was trying to win this woman’s heart over. ‘Sneaky little thing,’ she thought with yet another hint of a smile playing around the corners of her lips.

“Gossip is hardly the best source for information on anything but it usually does contain a grain of truth,” Siofra said, keeping her voice level. Lourna’s mother was clearly fairly involved in all the gossiping if only to hear it rather than to spread it, but she still didn’t want to have her on her bad side if she could avoid it. “I thank you for your words however, you are most kind.” She wasn’t quite sure if she should comment further but preferred not to, considering that there were quite specific reasons why Surahnian women might loathe her ranking.

“Stefan? And a scholar? My, my, Lourna, seems you have made quite the catch there!” Siofra teased, immediately latching onto her mother’s meaning. “I am quite pleased to hear though that his mother seems to be thrilled with this development. And you are, too?” she asked Lourna’s mother, though it seemed a silly question with regards to the fact that she immediately came here to tell her daughter and inquire whether it was true or not.

And even if Siofra had had any doubts as to her intentions with this liaison, her next statement definitely made sure there was not even the tiniest shred of doubts left. So much Siofra could have said, especially with regards to the previous night… “Or at least let him court you and don’t scare him off as soon as he returns – which I’m almost certain will happen some time today.” With a look at her mother, she added: “And it will definitely do you good. It already seems to have helped you be much more extroverted and we wouldn’t want that to twist back around on itself, now would we?”
Sitting back down at the table, Siofra leaned on it in an almost conspiratorial manner and looked at Lourna’s mother, almost completely ignoring the young woman herself, but that was on purpose. After all, they had some planning to do now, and the lady of the house was most definitely going to want to put her opinion in on that particular plan. “Now, did his mother tell you anything else? Anything we could use to our advantage?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:41 pm

"She laughed several times at mentioning that he loves the rolls she makes. Judging from the look on her face I'd say Lori agrees." Indeed Lourna was now blushing a bright shade of red and picked up an apple from the bowl near the edge of the table. She then excused herself to do a little work behind the counter, as she was supposed to be working today. Her mother in turn gave her a slight smirk as she walked away and watched the tiny dragon follow her. "He's not the type to parade around to be stared at, he's rather practical about that sort of thing. Only thing that gets him away from a good book is even better food. He's come by here more than once in the middle of his studies from the way it sounds. I'm curious to hear what happened at the festival, I don't get much time to visit. Did she wear the dress I dropped off?" There was a hint in her tone that also wanted to know if that was part of the reason the boy was suddenly so open about speaking of her.

The woman couldn't really be considered old quite yet, but she was said to be past childbearing age. She hadn't aged quite so much as say Dekhovra or others in her age group. Her face dropped slightly from a smile to a neutral look and she hushed her voice. "I assume you've noticed how quiet her voice is, the plague that destroyed our homeland affected our people as well. I don't think she "has" it, but it did cause a permanent problem that none of our doctors know how to fix, or if it can be fixed at all. I'm afraid that might not go over well with his family, but in my personal opinion I think everything else she does regularly compensates for that paltry detail."

She thought long and hard over everything that'd been said in her earlier meeting and was now attempting to piece them together coherently. "He fancies himself a poet, and he isn't too fond of the idea of going to war. Poor lady nearly fainted when I mentioned that my starling's goal in life is to be Bowmaster. Her boy apparently has no idea either, and I doubt she's mentioned it to many people. If what you said earlier is true, and he does come by to see Lourna, we shall have insist they go out and spend the day together, perhaps at the square? I doubt either of them will try to make plans to see one another otherwise no matter how strongly they feel."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 2:09 pm

“Ah the dress definitely worked some magic on the young man but I’m fairly certain that it only helped to deepen his infatuation. He had his eye on her before he noticed the dress. Of course, it was a very good choice, and despite the original trouble to actually get Lourna into it, she didn’t seem to mind the attention she was getting as much as she likes to pretend.” Siofra shot an amused grin at the back of her friend, who was busying herself behind the counter before returning her attention back to her mother.

“I’m not so sure the voice would pose any kind of problem. She merely is a little quieter, I wouldn’t take that as a sign of any sort of illness or plague, she simply isn’t as loud as many others, which definitely isn’t a fault in my eyes, but you are the mother, and you have experienced the plague, you will know better than me.”

As the topic strayed back to the young man and his mother, Siofra listened intently, quite liking the idea Lourna’s mother came up with. “Absolutely, if he doesn’t know that is her aspiration, then it is better he learn this as quickly as possible. It wouldn’t do to let both of them lead each other on with false hopes and impressions of what the other person is like. A day at the square would certainly be a lovely idea. I will have business to attend to later on but if there is no one to take care of the shop while she is out, I’m sure it wouldn’t be a terrible thing if the shop were closed for a day. After all...”

Siofra stopped speaking as her ears picked up the sounds of footsteps and she looked towards the door. “I think we may be in luck,” she said to the woman with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:44 pm

Initially she would've agreed that she knew better, but then shook her head. "A good deal of the time it is now my daughter who knows better than I. She is part of the generation that will more readily grasp the customs and culture of our new land, most those from my generation and further back see all this as blasphemy and evil magic." At her reassurances the woman cracked a smile. "It's usually the quiet ones you have to watch out for, and for good reason it seems. I wonder if Lourna sees you more as an older sister and friend than a superior. She certainly seems to, and I venture to wonder if your rank even matters to her anymore from how she's acting." The footsteps made her prick her ears and she turned to peek past the door to look at who had just walked in.

"That'd be him!" she whispered excitedly. Lourna looked up from her monthly figures and could have fainted on the spot. "H-Hello again." she greeted nervously. After him seeing her a wreck in completely unnatural clothing this morning she didn't count on seeing him again any time soon. "Wha-...I mean-...U-Uhm...How...Oh dear." she stuttered shyly. Her cheeks flushed red as cherry pie filling and she looked away from her visitor. "I-I'm sorry, my tongue's in a knot." She moved her papers back into the box she kept them in and tried to face him. "What brings you back here? I thought you'd be too busy to come all the way over just to see me..." Meanwhile her mother grinned and turned to the elf. "We may not have to intervene at all, just sit back and watch."

Her mother then wondered why Siofra, with all her beauty and intelligence, didn't at least have suitors. "How men stay away from you is beyond me. I suppose your fighting skills keep that sort of thing in check, hm?" That and if anything even SLIGHTLY suspect were going on everyone would be in an uproar over it simply because her gender combined with her rank and her race would make her a target for just about every offense chargeable. "Sort of glad to see a woman standing on her own two feet. Would be rather unfair to see you married and stuck under a man's thumb like a waistcoat button." She was also simply too strong for most men to handle her much less entertain her or keep her happy for any length of time.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:24 pm

An uneasy feeling stirred deep down inside Siofra’s guts at the mention of this newer generation more easily adapting to the new cultures they were witnessing on Dragons’ Cove. It probably was true, in a way, but Siofra couldn’t detect a lot of people actually wanting to learn anything at all. On the contrary most of the time. She more had the impression that the Surahnians were intent on crushing the current inhabitants under the heel of their boots or enslave them and convert them to the Surah way of living rather than keeping their own traditions and culture.
It was not something Siofra wanted to get into however.

The entrance of the young suitor was quite simply hilarious. Well maybe not for Stefan or Lourna, but definitely for the two observers. “Unbelievable how very clumsy and shy both of them are,” the half-elf whispered, barely managed to keep a huge grin from spreading from ear to ear. It was simply too amusing to watch how each of them grew redder and redder by the second, obviously not only aware of each other but of the two women watching them nonchalantly from the kitchen. His reply was just as mumbled as hers and Siofra had a bit of trouble making out the words since the sentence didn’t even seem to make a lot of sense, but it definitely was something along the lines of wanting to make sure she was fine or well-rested or something. He tried to catch himself and rephrase since he had already made sure she was fine the night before, of course, but that only made him shuffle on the spot even more.

It took a while before Siofra replied to Lourna’s mother but when she did, she barely glanced at the woman, keeping her tone of voice distant. “Men don’t take kindly to a woman ranked higher than themselves. Neither do they take well to a woman who can handle herself or others, sometimes even better than them. Romantic interests don’t come easy, and as you have guessed my person as well as my position do not make things any easier, neither for me nor for any possible suitors.” After a brief pause, she added, returning back to her partner-in-crime’s earlier statement: “And as much as I like Lourna and she seems to see me as a friend, she would do good to remember that I actually [i]am/[i] her superior and I don’t want to get her into trouble if the wrong person thinks they want to make life hard for either of us.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:08 pm

"I agree! And they look to be a rather lovely couple." If only they'd discuss going out for the day. . .Verunia glanced around the room and spied a basket and some paper. The lady wrote a small note out and grabbed the basket. "Little one, I need you to get this to Lourna without the boy seeing you. Can you do that for me?" The little dragon purred and squeaked with an excited nod and pushed the thing past a few boxes before moving over next to Lori. She then nudged the girl and took off into the kitchen on silent giddy little paws to see her work pan out. The baker, meanwhile, glanced down and put it up on the counter. "Mother insists that I work too hard and need a day off..." she murmured. After reading and rereading the note, she set it aside and looked back to her visitor.

"I-I hope I don't seem too forward, b-but would you care to spend the day with me, Stefan?" The basket was empty as of that moment, but it certainly wouldn't remain that way for long. Lori was still a complete mess and she was afraid he would tell her no, then she'd feel even worse. "If your answer is yes, I might be a moment or two in packing us something to eat while we're out." Her mother grinned and stifled a giggle. "Yes! They're going out!" She moved away from the door and sat back at the table trying to think of something she could do to get them a little closer together. "Hmm. . .I know a lady who holds rather extravagant parties about twice a month, perhaps if you aren't busy you'd like to stop by with me later, Siofra?"

Back at the counter Lourna was looking awkward and anxious, and the minute she tried to move something her hands shook enough that she dropped the container. "I'm so sorry, I promise I'm not always this clumsy." Her little mishap brought a deeper blush to her face and she put a hand to her cheek as she turned her gaze to the counter. "I'm terribly sorry, really I am." Yaya meanwhile still sat at the door wondering why Lori was so nervous with this boy now when she wasn't this morning. It was all very strange and confusing!
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:25 pm

It was quite nifty to have a dragon around that went almost unnoticed due to its still fairly small size. It certainly made this sort of plotting so much easier for Siofra and Verunia, well and Sinyaya, since the dragon seemed to be quite interested in playing her part in this.

“Oh good! So glad they managed to get that to work. They should definitely take a blanket though...,” she grinned. “A picnic somewhere nice would be lovely. Maybe they should head out of the city, go into the green a little bit, where there’s no people around. Less possibility for them to feel awkward or embarrassed or whatnot.”

Siofra was a little taken aback however when Verunia suddenly asked her to go visit a friend of hers later on. What was the woman planning now? She wasn’t looking to pair her up with a possible suitor, was she? The thought terrified the half-elf and she stuttered around an answer for a bit before regaining her composure – she needed to work on that. Around these women, she was losing it too quickly, it was not good! She depended on her ability to keep a straight face at mostly anything. “I guess, I could if you insist.”

On the other side of the door frame, Stefan was feeling as nervous and giddy as Lourna was. This morning had been an entirely different situation and he felt very conscious of the fact that he had been so close to her sleeping form. “I would love to spend the day with you,” he finally managed to say while trying to help her pack a few things into the basket but merely making things worse by doing so. He had to swallow a few times and repeat the sentence in his head as well before he had been able to actually say the words out loud.

Nerves were such a horrible thing. Even more so because he couldn’t shake the feeling that Lourna’s visitors were keeping an eye on them at all times and the fact that he felt – and most likely also actually was – so terribly observed, almost made him panic. He was a scholar but he was not used to being the object of study himself, if one could put it that way.

“Is there anywhere in particular you would like to spend the day? Anything you might like to do?” he offered by way of breaking the awkwardly nervous silence.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 am

Verunia could see the uncertainty in her fellow conspirator's eyes and smiled. "I'd just love to have your help in planning an event. I also get a bit lonely with my only child working so hard all the time. If you can't go because of your duties I understand, but it would mean quite a bit if you would come with me." Truthfully she was hoping to get her daughter to be a little more social, she was already decent at keeping out of the gossip chain, but a little time in public was usually a help more than a hindrance. "I'm going to try to get Lourna more involved with society, since she is eager to have such a high position in the army. I know that she and her new object of affection aren't comfortable being watched, but as a couple it's something they'll need to get used to. Being a soldier is one of the most lucrative careers you can have, and I suppose we're upper middle-class in the grand scheme of it. We're not much noticed at high class gatherings, but we're tolerated."

Meanwhile, feeling much less nervous now that she knew she wasn't being an idiot, Lori finished packing the basket and looked at her clothes, having become a bit too accustomed to trousers to realize she would need to change if she were going out. "I-I. . .I hate to have to make you wait, but let me close up the shop and change into something more suitable and we can spend the afternoon out and about? I shouldn't be but a minute or two, and I'd hate to embarrass you by parading around in my work attire." A quick dash upstairs to slip into a fresh shirt and a clean ruby red skirt, and she flew back downstairs to tie up any pending transactions before locking everything up and grabbing the basket and a blanket she knew she wouldn't mind putting on the ground.

"I don't get out very much and I don't know where too many places are, care to surprise me with where we go?" With her genuine best smile she moved to the front door and held it open. She could only hope this didn't end in a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 3:19 pm

“If you insist,” Siofra said, but there was a small smile tugging at her eyes as she inclined her head to Verunia. “I do have business to take care of but I can easily join you a little later in the day to help you with your newest plan. I am quite curious to see what it is you have in mind.” She didn’t comment on the whole class issue however, never have been fond of that sort of system. She had been in and out of court as well as poorer corners of the island, to see that there was hardly any difference between people in the end. Some just thought there was one, but people would always just be people. At least in her opinion.

“They will definitely have to get used to making public appearances indeed. The sooner the better, I guess,” she ventured, which was probably exactly what Lourna’s mother had had in mind as well. That, and being noticed. “It should also be quite interesting to hear what Stefan thinks of Lourna’s aspirations with regards to her position within the army.”

Before Stefan could even mention that there was absolutely nothing wrong with her work attire, Lourna was already gone. After all, it was in work clothes that he had first noticed her, and it was in trousers that he had come to like her, but of course he wasn’t about to admit that to her face now. She may know from the way he acted that he was quite fond of her but he was still a little bit too shy to openly admit to his feelings. It would not do.

When she came back down, he had to consciously force himself to breathe and behave normally. The skirt looked absolutely stunning on her, the colour very suiting.
Swooping the basket up from the counter, Stefan followed her to the door and with a small flourish said: “After you, my lady.” The act was more to cover his own nervousness than anything else but he had seen in more than one book that apparently women liked this sort of thing.
As for where to go, now that was an entirely different matter. Thinking about it for a bit, he suddenly noticed the woman who had accompanied Lourna to the Festival of Life the night before standing in the workshop.

Unnoticed by either of the two youngsters, Siofra had moved out of the kitchen to see what Lourna was wearing and where they would head to. Upon seeing the confused look on Stefan’s face, she mouthed: “Fields, picnic. Take her out of the city.”
Shooting her a grateful smile, Stefan closed the door behind him and swiftly offered his arm to Lourna. “Let’s go for a walk.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Verunia nodded. "I quite understand. I'll head out the back door so I don't make anyone suspicious. There's a house about a mile down the road at the corner of a florist and a dress shop, that's where I'll be." She watched as Siofra finished getting the youngsters out of the shop and grinned. "I haven't had this much fun in ages!" she squealed as she hurried out of the shop to get to work. Lourna smiled and placed her hand on his arm. "Lead the way." Soon enough they passed the Square, and then they were out of the city. Everything looked so...beautiful. "Can't believe I've never left the city before. It's so quiet." She could actually hear herself when she was away from the hustle and hurry of Racksom! Though after thinking over how she sounded, she thought she sounded like a perfect imbecile. Nonetheless Stefan didn't seem to mind, or he wouldn't have taken the time to acknowledge her. Though now it was really a shame she'd chosen a skirt, in her mind's eye at least.

Now she wanted to simply take off running and roll in the grass, but then she'd look like a total lunatic. The fresh afternoon breeze flew past her and she pulled the braiding from her hair with a smile. She detested pulling her hair back, it just annoyed the daylights out of her! "I don't mean to pry, but do you have any ambitions or goals in life? Not to say I don't think you have them, but I'm curious." She'd grown accustomed to being so close to him by now, and was tempted to hold his hand, but she wasn't sure if that was moving too fast for her admirer. He seemed a bit nervous with her to start with, after this morning's events she wasn't very surprised, and she didn't want him to be uncomfortable. She wandered underneath a tree and quickly relaxed against the trunk. She was used to activity, but somehow she felt breathless, like she couldn't get air into her lungs. Yet, somehow...it made her so happy she began laughing. Nature did some very amusing things!
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Siofra waved at Verunia as she left, happiness written all over her features. She may have only met Lourna’s mother but Siofra was quite glad the woman was pleased with this and actually happen, though she couldn’t quite fathom why. It was unlike her to really take so much part in someone else’s life. Then again, she could not be a social degenerate for all times, even though she mostly preferred not having to deal with people too closely.
“I’ll come find you there later then.”
Turning to the night dragon, Siofra looked at her sternly. “Now, you have to guard the shop, but do yourself a favour and don’t make a mess, otherwise Lourna will not be pleased with you.” Smiling though, she made her way out of the shop, using the front door and leaving in the opposite direction from where Lourna and Stefan had gone.

The sight of the greenery really was breathtaking, and Stefan was glad that Lourna had said the words first, because otherwise he would have felt a little silly. After all, wasn’t it a womanly thing to swoon over the beauty of nature? At least that was what he had been told and what he had read in books, though he came to think that possibly not quite everything in his scrolls was correct.

It was a wonderful feeling to see and hear Lourna laughing so heartily, and a strange sense of pride overwhelmed him for being the one responsible for this. He would have to thank the elven woman for the tip at some point however. He would not have thought of venturing beyond the city walls if she hadn’t pointed him in the right direction.

“My ambitions in life? Well, there is the normal stuff of hoping to find someone to share my life with,” he admitted shyly as he seated himself next to Lourna at the tree trunk, carefully avoiding to reveal his blush as much as possible as he glanced at her before poking his nose into the picnic basket. “Then there is of course the aspiration of some day maybe being curator of my very own library, maybe even do some proper research and write scrolls people will study for many generations to come. Though I guess the latter is more of a dream than a real aspiration.” Clearing his throat, Stefan tried to steer away from the attention brought upon himself by this answer, he looked at the woman by his side. “And what about you, Lourna?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:38 am

She quieted her laughing and nearly blurted out her life's main goal, but then rethought her answer and tried to approach the idea carefully. "Well, mine's a bit silly compared to yours. Your goals in life are feasible, not easy by any stretch, but they can be achieved. Mine...W-Well my toughest goal to achieve would be becoming Bowmaster. I have my doubts about ever getting close to achieving it, but I've set my mind to it and I won't stop until it becomes impossible." She didn't want to say that she'd pursue it on her deathbed, that would've sounded terrible, but hopefully he'd get the idea. "Mother will soon have to take over the bakery in my place, since she can't re-assume her place in the archery unit." Suddenly she felt very awkward having just said all that to him and bit her lip. "I've said too much, I'm sorry. I never really expected anyone to take interest in me, I'm not quite like other girls my age." After suppressing a blush she smiled at him and pushed an unruly lock of hair behind her ear.

"I sincerely hope you achieve your dream of having a library, I should be glad to visit it one day." She has aspirations of having a family of her own, like most did apparently, and instead of adding to her answer, she gazed at the clouds and exhaled quietly. "You will achieve your goals long before I get close to achieving mine, I am sure of it. Perhaps instead of Bowmaster I'll set my sights on baking for the king himself." This was an idea she'd long contemplated, since it seemed that it would be a man overseeing the unit instead of woman. It was a very twisted idea in her opinion, but then again her opinion didn't matter. She pulled a creme filled pastry from the basket and looked at her scholar with a spark in her eye. "The way you compliment my baking skills I may have to ask mother to retake her position after all. Might even venture to say you've inspired me."

She dared to reach down and put her hand over his, and quickly pulled it away, fearing her actions too bold. "If I make you uncomfortable, please tell me." she whispered. On the far end of the city, Lourna's mother was busy setting up a grand party that was almost strictly a social gathering, with the prospect of furthering her daughter's business and reputation. Her little starling also needed interaction amongst her peers if she were to ever hope to gain her aspired title of Bowmaster. "Let's see the baked goods and sweets will come from Lori's shop, decorations will come from there. . .Hmmm. . .Where to find good musicians. . .?" she muttered as she went over a checklist. "Sergei has produce covered, I'm sure I can find someone to do meat." So consumed by her list was she that she eventually stopped midstep and sighed, this would be a task and a half!
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 pm

For a moment, Stefan did not know what to say. He may have not properly considered what Lourna’s goals in life might be but the fact that she wanted to become Bowmaster was completely strange to him and so far removed from what he conceived to be normal for a woman that he needed a few moments to close his mouth.

“Hmm, no, you really aren’t,” Stefan mused out loud as she said she was different. It took him a few seconds to realise just how horrible that might have come out, and he quickly sat up straight and amended: “But that is a good thing!” Taking a shaking breath to give himself a moment to think, he added: “Believe me, for someone who spends as much time with his nose in books as I do.. I mean, there’s quite a variety of characters and knowledge in books, but reality seems so… bland sometimes.” Shrugging his shoulders helplessly, he slumped against back against the tree again. “I’m sorry,” he muttered.

There was a brief moment of silence between them, but when Lourna finally spoke again, he gave her a smile. “I would like it if you could come visit the library though, if that ever happens. Maybe I’ll store some extra scrolls on archery, just for you.” It sounded stupid even to him but the words were out now.
Somehow he felt that by merely speaking their minds about their dreams for a possible future, they had just drifted worlds apart. But maybe the rift between them did not necessarily have to be that deep or wide? Maybe they could work something out…?

“Yes, that sounds like a good idea too. Food for the King. Good enough it is already,” Stefan admitted, blushing again. It had not even occurred to him that Bowmaster might actually be impossible for her due to the fact that she was born of the wrong gender until she had said so. Red wasn’t even a description anymore when she suddenly pulled out the pastry and complimented him on complimenting her.. was that what she was doing? “Your baking really is wonderful. I’m not even joking,” he admitted, suddenly serious. “It was the smell that lured me in for the first time, then afterwards, I had more reason to come by, of course.”

“No, no, please,” he whispered as he grabbed her fleeting hand and held her tightly, yet gently. “You do not make me uncomfortable. On the contrary rather.” The pastry was all but forgotten as he looked into her eyes and lightly stroked his thumb over the skin of her hand, rough from working the dough and yet still smooth at the same time. “I have never felt so comfortable with anyone in all my life.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 6:53 pm

She was at a loss for words, utterly and completely. All he had just said to her had taken away her ability to speak and each time she tried to say something in return, she could only close her mouth and feel stupid. Finally she tried to form sentences in her head, and even that didn't work for what seemed like forever. "I...I don't know what to say..." she squeaked. "I'm not deserving of such praise, especially from someone like yourself." She was still going to go after her dreams, nothing would stop her from trying, but she did have more realistic goals that she would focus on. "Stefan, nobody's ever made me nearly so happy as you do. And I will still go after the title of Bowmaster, but perhaps not so strongly in favor of putting more into the bakery." It was an insane thing to ask of him, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

"This might sound strange, but would you like an assistant's job working with me? It would mean you could learn about it firsthand, and maybe write a book about it. A lot goes into running that shop, would your father be too terribly displeased if you decided to research one?" It was partly an excuse to spend more time with him, and partly an idea that would benefit him in the long run. Her face had turned the brightest shade it could, and she gave his hand a gentle squeeze hoping he'd agree. "Please say you will! It's a great deal of fun once you get used to it!" She waited a short time for an answer and her smile diminished a fraction. "Perhaps you need a little time to think it over, if so I understand." He was still holding her hand, and that seemed like a momentous gesture in and of itself.

"I could scarcely expect a swift answer for such a drastic request." Why did she have to ask? Why?! Now it felt awkward to look up at him, for all his charm and good looks it was tough NOT to look, but now it was nigh impossible. "I've lost my senses it seems and said the strangest things to you over the course of the afternoon. I have one last question, did you ever play tag as a child?" This time there was a method with her madness, and she couldn't sit still any longer or she'd start to fidget. "Would you care to play a round of tag with me?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:05 pm

“I won’t stop you,” he said, though his voice was small. It was a thought he would have to get used to, knowing that she would train with an army and try to move up in ranks as much as possible, constantly endangering herself, risking her life and he wasn’t sure if he was strong enough to handle such an emotional strain. But for her... for her he was more than willing to try.

At first, Stefan didn’t know what to say, which seemed a rather common occurrence around her, but the longer he contemplated her suggestion, the more he came to like it. “I don’t think my father would mind. After all, this is part of what we are doing anyway – research, though this is not something we, or rather I, have done before. I’m just not sure if I can do it. It is so very different from anything I’ve ever been used to.”

However, at seeing her distress and her wavering smile, he realised that this might not be what she had hoped for, and he honestly began to wonder why he was even contemplating the matter. There really wasn’t more than just one answer to this!

“Don’t be embarrassed, sweet, sweet Lourna,” he said slowly as he saw her fidget, completely ignoring her request for playing a round of tag. It was only rambling to fill the awkward silence between them anyway.
Lightly grabbing her chin with his other hand, not letting go of hers, he gently pulled her face up to look at him. Gazing down at her, he realised just how beautiful she was and how much time he really could be spending with her if he did this. The mere thought was enough to make his heart pound like mad. He smiled at her and lightly gave her his answer. “I think it would be a wonderful idea. I would love to do this with you!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]   Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman Talk Over Archery [Izzy x Eldar]
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next