Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

[Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Empty
PostSubject: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 pm

A cold wind blew through the middle of Tarz, whipping up fabrics in the market, cutting through the clothes of those who had been betrayed by the sunshine and rolling rubbish and dust down the streets. Despite that, the city was, as always, busy. Things could not stop for a cold winter wind.

Neither could Kassandra hide from the city any longer. She needed supplies, badly. Apparently the city was no quieter early morning than any other time; in fact, busier than it should have been. Apparently early morning was the time to stock up, before all the food was sold… not that she would have known that. She was not a city-goer. Anyone could tell that from the way she kept jumping out of the way of people, eyes wide, hood up- she gave off nervousness in ridiculous amounts. She almost lost her small bagful of food more than once, too busy getting out of the way of one person to avoid another.
It would be good to get back to her lodgings, the little inn she had found herself at for the past couple of weeks. Then she wouldn’t have to face all these people… the things they might bring. She couldn’t help her paranoia, Tarz made her nervous now, ever since a couple of weeks ago she had met the necromancer Rintho… and not come out the same.

She should have left this city a week beforehand. But where was there to go? It was not as if she had any other place she could find work in, and the next town across was a good few days’ walk or ride.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:37 pm

In the early morning dew, Silence had wandered into Tarz for the sheer curiosity of what the city was like. They'd been there a week and she still hadn't seen anything of the actual city besides the people to came to performances! "Rather quiet this morning it seems." The fact that she'd come out just after sunrise didn't hinder the experience in the least, but there was someone on the road ahead of her, and they were acting a bit strange. "Hey you over there! What's wrong?" she called as she started walking over. Her brightly colored clothes likely didn't help her look normal, and in this case it was probable that they'd also get her mocked.

She walked over and smiled, simply trying to be friendly, and gave a half-concerned glance to the girl in question. "You don't look so good, is there any way I can help you?" Up close she now realized that this wasn't the smartest of ideas, but she was here and she'd offered her help, she couldn't recant it now. At least the girl didn't seem so inclined to be violent, but. . .then again she'd been wrong before. "What's your name, lovely?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Kassandra whipped round as she was hailed from behind, her eyes wide. What had she done? She clung to her hood as the wind filled it and tried to tug it back off her head, gulping and holding her bag tightly in both hands. This woman- well, girl really, she couldn’t have been in her twenties yet- didn’t seem very threatening, but that she had even called out to her in the first place unsettled Kassandra. Silly really, considering she was a good few years older at least. And white-faced like she’d been sprinkled with chalk dust.

She glanced round defensively as the girl stopped in front of her, her fingers teasing at the fabric in her hands. Was she alone? What did she want? Her helpfulness did not strike her as normal (perhaps it was, but she was unused to kindness in this way).
“I’m fine. I don’t need any help,” she said, sounding less sure of herself than she should have. Dammit, acting so tense would only attract attention, she knew that, but still could not stop herself. Being out in the open, with lots of people around, and now accosted by one of them… No, it was not good. She took a small half-step backwards, putting a little distance between herself and this other girl, not really wanting to turn her back, but at the same time, wishing for her to go away.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 am

"Are you sure. . .?" she asked a bit more quietly. "Your body language isn't selling the story if you don't mind me saying so." Truth be told it looked like the girl minded her even standing there, much less anything she said. She tried to act a little less. . .like herself for lack of better phrasing. . .and smiled. "I'm Silence I work with the circus outside of town. You never told me your name, what was it?" She at least wanted a name from her so she could relax a bit more. This girl was a barrel of nerves and a strange kettle of fish if she ever saw one.

"As I said before you don't look like you're fine, nor do you look like you don't need help of some kind. Be honest now, come on." Silence did NOT like liars. Period. In this situation though she would make an exception for one reason alone: the girl in question was terrified beyond reason. "I don't bite I promise. Heck I can hardly punch my way out of a wet paper sack, I'm nothing to fear." she assured her. Mentioning that she was a fire-breather would come later if this girl ever calmed down. "Why don't you come out for a visit and see the show?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 am

Looking promptly at the ground, Kassandra steadfastly made to avoid this pressing girl’s eyes, staring at her brightly coloured shoes and dress. She missed the smile, her gaze now turned towards her fingers, still teasing at her bag. How could this girl read her so quickly, was she that obvious? She took a deep breath and looked up, trying to settle herself back to her normal self.

People were so pressing for names around here, so free with information about themselves. She had spent time in Tarz before now, but never before had she found so many people wiling to share their little stories, and ask for stories in return.
“I’m fine. I was heading home.” She didn’t know what else to say, so held the other girl’s gaze for a bit, hoping that would prove something. Still no name. Third insistence, perhaps?

Silence’s sudden proposal took her aback, and she quickly shook her head, almost before she had finished speaking.
“No, no… I don’t think that’d be a good idea. Won’t there be a lot of people? Moreso than Tarz?” The idea of that… no, it was not very good. Kassandra had never seen a circus though- heard about them, seen the tents and the flyers- but never been to one. Those sorts of things cost money she never had these days, and when she was young… well, her family had never been well-off.

What did this girl do to merit a place in a circus? She wasn’t here to look for prospective joiners, was she? Kassandra had no wish to be gawked at every day for the rest of her life, by people wanting to see a little excitement, flashes and bangs. She shook her head more firmly.
“But what way is it? This… this circus?”

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 1:14 am

"We're set up outside the easternmost entrance to the city, and we're a growing project so to speak. Our circus is a bunch of misfits and outcasts and people who generally aren't accepted by the rest of society. Some of us were disowned by family, a few of us have lost loved ones, and some have never had family prior to joining. As a group we're our own kind of family, and we all have talents that we showcase for the sake of making others happy. We never stay in one city for too long, but we make the most of the time we spend staying around one or two cities." Darn it this girl didn't tell her her name yet again! "Do you not have a name that I can call you or something? You still haven't told me y'know." she chimed after all her talk about her home.

Looking at her Silence could tell that this girl didn't like being around her, but she didn't really understand why. "I know based on the simple questions I've already asked that hearing anything personal out of you is unlikely, but are you just an antisocial person naturally?" She knew a handful of people like that already, and it was just a matter of getting them to see that it was usually worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 11:33 pm

A sharp, ironic smile flashed across Kassandra’s face at Silence’s description of the circus. The eastern gate? She wouldn’t be leaving by that route, so would have no trouble with getting caught up in the throngs of people heading towards it. No doubt it would be popular, a circus was a rare treat to see. At least, she presumed. She looked at the ground, muttering lowly, “…fit right in...”

Was a family a tempting prospect? Perhaps it would be a good thing to have, but Kassandra still rebelled against it, for one reason or another. Maybe it was being tied down, maybe it was being expected to trust others, run with others’ ideas… that did not sit well within her. It would keep her from doing what she wanted, wouldn’t it?
These thoughts had to wait as Silence pressed her again for answers. Dammit, she would have to answer. But what did it matter?
“I am St—“ Oh, that name sounded stranger to her now, having hid behind it for so long, then changing in such a short time… it didn’t fit much any more. “Kassandra. If you must know.” She hated to be so exposed, but apparently she already gave off that well enough, without being cryptic as well.

Her cheeks coloured slightly at Silence’s words. “I am not antisocial!” she exclaimed a little loudly, then immediately shrunk back into her hood as it attracted the attention of a couple of nearby pedestrians.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 am

She couldn't resist a laugh at this girl, she was just too much! "Judging by your reaction to me and then to yourself I'd say your little un-truth tells the story clear as day!" A short while back Silence recalled having the same kind of reaction to a comment in Kaionar and seeing someone else do the same, much less this woman who had at least a few years on her, was almost a delight. "How can a woman your age still act so much like a shy child?" She was estimating the girl's age to be brutally honest, but the wear on her face meant she was either older than her by a considerable amount or she'd been through hellish amounts of stress.

It was after a short pause that she wondered why she was bothering with this girl at all. Antisocial people were just that, and there was really not a whole lot that could be done without the willingness of the person in question. This particular person didn't seem to want anything to do with her, and she still didn't have any idea why. "Now seriously why are you so antisocial?" she asked setting her hands on her hips. 'Not much to be accomplished beating around the bush, better to just come out and ask with this one.' she thought to herself. 'Even then I don't think I'll get an answer unless I really bug her.'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 am

Kassandra scowled unhappily at the amusement Silence showed at her discomfort, her face colouring a brighter shade of scarlet than before. How could one so many years below her seem to hold such self-awareness, be so sure in herself? Kassandra was showing herself up in comparison.
“I’m not a child, I can handle myself,” she retorted hotly, shifting her bag and crossing her arms so it was trapped between them, and could not fall onto the ground. At least she lived by herself, managed what she did with her life… this girl just travelled with a circus, repeating the same thing from day to day. Apparently accosting strangers as and when she felt like doing so.
Entertaining, interacting with people on a daily basis must have made her bold, self-assured. Including labelling them with whatever trait she felt like, despite little knowledge of them.

Antisocial? No, Kassandra just did not like people… they had always made her nervous, how they would react to her, her electricity. From the start, they had never been accepting. Avoiding people just safeguarded her against more harm; it was a natural reaction, was it not?

She huffed a sharp breath and turned away from this pressing girl, dropping her bag into her hand again and pulling herself to her full height, trying to act a little more dignified as she marched off. Flinching away to one side from the bulk of the traffic did not help her cause, however, and slowed her down too.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Silence could only smirk. "You must be very lonely, what with being on your own and all." It was a half-truth, or so she thought, and was only meant to prod at her to keep talking. Not that you'd know it was working, as the girl seemed to just keep walking. "Your actions don't exactly make you believable either. The way you keep avoiding everyone makes you look childish and immature." When the girl KEPT walking she finally moved forward and grabbed her arm. "You know for a girl who's supposedly older than me you act like a stubborn brat! Having friends would do you a world of good, because otherwise I don't see many people ever being nice to you."

She fully expected a rather attention-grabbing response at that jab, and was fairly sure that if this girl had a blade she could run Silence through in an instant. "Ah but you won't listen to me, nor do I think you'll listen to anyone else. Have fun hiding from the world for the rest of your life." She gave a sigh and slowly started back off to the eastern gate, waiting for the girl to make her move so she could retaliate and maybe talk a little sense into her. 'Come on don't just keep walking!' she pleaded mentally. She paused for a few moments and pretended to look around to make sure she knew where she was going.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Trying to ignore Silence’s biting words, Kassandra kept walking away, her eyes glancing to the sky beyond the horizon of her hood. She would not listen to the accusations of childishness from just a girl, however more sure of herself she seemed than Kassandra herself. Loneliness though… no, she was not going to admit to that. If she did, she would feel it. Ignoring it, she would not. Hopefully.

With her hypersensitivity to the girl behind her, she glanced to the side as Silence went to grab her arm, but did not avoid it, in the second’s prior notice she got. That didn’t stop her from reacting violently against it a second afterwards though, wrenching away from her grasp and spinning on the spot, dropping her bag between her feet. Lightning jumped to the ends of her fingers without even having to summon it, snapping sharply up and down her arms with an audible crack each time.
“Don’t touch me!” she said, her breathing speeding up, even when the girl had made no move to hurt her. But, neither had assailants in the past… was there something as being too careful?

No, but she was attracting a little attention. Who cared. She would not be caught off her guard. Not by some stranger who already had a questionable profession. With a questionable name. Silence? What sort of name was that.
Almost as unbelievable as Static had been.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:51 pm

"The way you keep acting you'll be on your own till the day you die!" she snapped. It was moments after she'd spoken that she realized what Kassandra had done: arced electricity through her fingers and into the ground. She paused for a moment and somewhat relaxed. "So that's what you were hiding!" she remarked smartly. "Honey I've seen much worse than that, there's no reason to hide it." Finally there was reason to relax completely, and slowly a smile made its way to her face. "I do something quite similar to you y'know. Except in my case it's fire not lightning." How she did it was also probably rather unique, but that was another story for another day.

"I suppose your version is much more dangerous, but that's not really the point. Don't fear your talents, Kassandra." She handed her a small red piece of paper, or rather it was a ticket to the circus. "Feel free to come see us, we're not quite what you think of when you think of the circus." She hoped that Kassie would eventually give in and come see the show in all its wonder. "You shouldn't feel self-conscious about what you can do, there "are" accepting people out there if you take the time to look and find them."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Silence’s words were harsh, not what Kassandra was expecting. They shouldn’t have bit as deep as they suddenly did, and she felt herself flinch at it. No, that wasn’t true. She wouldn’t be on her own.
But she had driven Armeno away, and he wasn’t going to come after her. Especially not after so long had passed, now. Who was she kidding.
Her electricity grew a little brighter with her upset, tickling her fingers, and not in a pleasant way.

She scoffed at the girl’s following words, hiding her upset behind her anger. They could flip again later; no doubt they would, she would just not let them do so in public. Hopefully. “You are nothing like me. So don’t think you are.” She made herself scowl, setting her mouth firmly so it didn’t dip down at the corners. She didn’t fear herself. She wasn’t like others.

She was dangerous, though. Not intentionally, that was just how it had turned out for her. As Silence pushed a red slip of paper into her hand, she almost felt like handing it straight back, but after a moment’s scowling and deliberation, took a quick look at the little sheet, her nose wrinkling as she struggled to make sense of the letters on its cover. She didn’t know what to think of when ‘circus’ was the word, only noise, children, firebreathers and posters, and the intense feeling of being left out. It didn’t feel good.
“I don’t need to come and see your little group of friends,” she hissed. “I know what I am, what I do. I don’t need accepting by a group of fancy performers.”

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 pm

At the way this girl kept talking about her home, she felt her hands begin to heat up. "You can tell me, yourself, and the rest of the world that you like yourself the way you are, but honey the way you're doing the telling it's sounding like a bold-faced lie. No you might not think I'm like you, and to a point I'm not; I learned to LIKE what I can do despite how I came to learn it." It was taking quite a bit of willpower not to send a wave of fire into the ground to vent a bit of steam, but she made it work and did her best to calm down. "It's not coming to terms with the way you are that matters, it's learning to accept the power you're given. You probably wish you didn't have it, right?"

Despite being younger than the skittish woman, she saw the same behavior that she'd exhibited until she met Lusorio and joined the circus. "Guess now that I give it serious thought, we're opposites. I'm not constantly avoiding people because I can do something that they can't, I don't hide from the world because I'm scared they won't accept me. Hard truth is that no not everyone will accept you, but the people who do are the ones that matter. If you'd loosen up a little and perhaps try to be a bit more friendly things might be going better for ya." Kassie was probably going to hate her for saying all that, and she might be risking electrocution, but it was something she had a reason for saying. "Get angry if you want, heck you can even hit me, but most of what I said is from experience, and it might help to think it over."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Who was this girl to say that Kassandra didn’t like what she did? Perhaps she wasn’t quite comfortable with being so different to everyone else, but she had had to learn to at least accept what she did was part of her, even if she hated what recent developments had caused her to be like. She would make herself adjust. And if she didn’t… well, that would not happen. She would not fall by the wayside.
“You know nothing. What does it matter to know whether I like who I am or not?” What did this girl care about a stranger? She didn’t need Kassandra’s problems bearing down on her wonderful happy, homely life.

She gulped down her anger and upset, scowling at Silence from behind a curl of hair that fell over her face.
“I’ve tried being friendly, it doesn’t work.” Her words were accusing, eyes bright with fiery anger. “Now I’m done with it.” She didn’t care if she was being snappy, when would she come across this girl again? It wasn’t as if she wouldn’t see her coming, with an entourage such as a circus following her. Probably not the best group of people to insult, but Kassandra didn’t care. So be it, she wasn’t liked anyway. “Your experience is not mine, and tells something different. Don’t think I am unfounded.” She snorted through her nose and tucked the little circus slip up her sleeve, quickly snatching her bag off the ground again and swinging it over her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:59 am

"No, but you are missing the point. Perhaps you're simply looking in the wrong direction for the answers you seem to want. Maybe, just maybe, it's everyone else who should change rather than you." This was odd, she was avoiding confrontation. Better than the opposite at least! "Kassie, running from everything and hiding how you feel isn't going to help, and I'd like to be able to call you my friend." Best to just be completely honest now rather than later, if there was a later to speak of with this one. "Even if you don't decide to become a member of the family, it'd be nice to have another girl to talk to, since the only other girl I know is flighty and doesn't especially like me."

The girl in question was an avian with her wings clipped and, in Silence's personal opinion, seemed perpetually depressed about pretty much everything. "Besides you look like you could use a day of relaxing, and generally someone to take your mind off the rest of the world." Maybe she'd quit being so jumpy if she could spend time with someone who didn't care what she could do. She moved back toward the flow of foot traffic and shrugged. "If you change your mind you know where to look for me." she replied moving to leave. She wouldn't leave all at once, she'd give the girl time to think. Instead of walking away, she stopped at the merchant's stall next to where they'd been standing and glanced around.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Everybody else changing? Kassandra snorted again at that suggestion. Things like that would never happen, it was better just to accept it rather than try and hold onto such an unattainable dream. Wasn’t it? Trying to change the whole world… well, it was a task for kings and lords, not one that could even have the surface scratched by one misfit.

Her face turned a deep shade of scarlet at Silence’s continuing words however. She clenched her hand tightly around the strap of her bag, squeezing at it until the edges started to cut painfully into her hand. She didn’t let the pressure off though.
“My name,” her voice was tight, barely restraining her anger, “is Kassandra. And I am no friend of yours, stranger.” This girl thought that a couple of minutes’ speaking on the street consigned to friendship, to her… did she really think that Kassandra would even consider the possibility of joining the circus? That would not happen, it was like a travelling home for freaks. She wouldn’t, couldn’t let herself accept such a name, couldn’t accept that the best thing she was made for was travelling with a group of misfits who showed off their freakish abilities for a living. “I need no family.”
She turned away, not caring for the fact that Silence still lingered nearby, merely pulling her bag strongly over her shoulder again and marching off back to where she was staying, too angry within herself to go back to her former ridiculously paranoid self.

==X==

It was a couple of days after, near the eastern entrance to Tarz, when Kassandra found herself being inexorably pulled along by an unexpected throng of people heading- where else?- to the circus. It was their penultimate show in the city, and with so many good reviews that had been floating around, there was little wonder why there were so many people trying to get to see it.
Kassandra was not one of them, she merely wanted to get out of the city. Had to get out of the city, she had run out of money, and couldn’t afford the inn she was staying at any longer. The east gate wasn’t where she had been heading for, but she hadn’t been able to get around the crowd following the stiltwalkers, firebreathers and jugglers that were enticing people to come to the circus’ evening show. The circus tent reared up brightly against the evening sky, enticing to most… people were giving ticket sellers handfuls of coins to get in to see the performance, but of course, Kassandra had no such money; she didn’t want to see it anyway! Just find somewhere quiet to recover her shattered wits for a short time until the crowds dispersed.

When she was pushed forwards to one of the ticket sellers, she couldn’t help her nervousness, tucking her hands inside her cloak and running her hands along the inside rim of the fabric.
“Hello… I uhm… I know one of the performers.” Her fingers closed around a twist of paper and she pulled it out, looking at it with slight bewilderment. The ticket! She showed it to the man, gulping. “Silence, I think… Where would she be?”
Hopefully the girl would set her aside somewhere until the crowds cleared and she could make her escape.

((Don't freak out! I know it's long...))
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:39 pm

The man in the booth gave a wicked grin and gestured to his right. "She'll be over there more than likely. If not you'll have to wander to look for her, she's not always so easy to find." He let her on through and simply shook his head, what had Silence done now? It wasn't his place to ask, so he went back to greeting the new visitors. It wasn't too long until Silence seemed to amble over on her own and greet Kassie. "Well now, Kassandra, this really is a surprise! I thought after the spat a couple of days ago that you'd avoid us like the Plague. Dare I ask your reason for visiting?" She hoped that perhaps the woman had rethought her answer about joining, but the way she was now, that didn't appear to be the case.

From memory, Silence immediately pushed away any ideas of a changed answer. "Guess you just got washed in with the tide, hm?" she inquired seeming un-enthused all of a sudden. She pulled her wild mane of pitch away from her face and tied it back against her neck. "While you're here would you like a tour, at least?" No sense being inhospitable and acting like her guest, despite her guest making if awfully easy to get sour.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Kassandra nodded her thanks to the circus man, quickly extracting herself from the crowds building up nearby before they got too much. She backed off to one side, lingering at a slight distance and craning to look over the heads of those around for Silence, shying away from the few individuals in the crowd who glanced her way, avoiding the looks of the couple of entertainers dancing round like loons as they entertained the revellers. She couldn’t help the slight relief that zipped through her at the sight of Silence heading her way, finally.

And she didn’t make the mistake of calling her Kassie a second time, so that was one thing.

“I uh… was heading out of Tarz,” she said, her cheeks slightly pinking. If Silence had thought that she had voluntarily come to see the circus… well, she had gotten that slightly wrong. “Didn’t expect the crowds to be quite so big…” She flicked the nearest people another glance; now Silence was there, they were attracting even more attention. Her in her circus clothes and Kassandra in such a green cloak, they stood out just a tad. “Is there a place I can keep out the way for a bit, just until the crowds die down a little?” She flicked her eyes up to meet Silence’s, then pulled them back down to the ground again, unable to keep her gaze quite still. “I don’t mind where.”

She might have been a tiny bit jealous for the easy way that Silence dealt so efficiently with the crowds. They just made Kassandra even more jumpy.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 am

"Sure thing, you can stay in my tent!" she replied. Thankfully that was halfway across the field where they'd set up so the tour idea was still likely. "Shocked you even came this way since I told you which gate we were at. Ah, but good fortune is good fortune! Maybe you'll even stick around and have a bite to eat, yeah?" she asked as she "pulled" a sweet from behind a kid's ear and watched them run off laughing to show their parents. "You said you were leaving the city right? Which way are you heading?" If she was heading the same way, it'd make more sense for the woman to travel with them rather than risk traveling by herself. Personally that was what Silence was hoping, that Kassie would choose to travel with them and have some decent company.

Having reached her home, she was greeted by incessant meowing coming from her bed: Felix. "Felix say hello to Kassandra, she's our guest so be nice." It truly did sound strange to speak to her cat, but having spent enough time with Rimegon to pick up a note or two she realized that the cat understood more than he could speak. Let's hope Kassie wasn't scared of or allergic to cats, or this wouldn't end well for anyone. Silence couldn't resist rolling her eyes when the cat put on his best face and purred at the visitor. "He's such a ladies' man." she remarked dryly. "He'll snuggle with you all afternoon if you let him, and he'll cover your clothes in white fur. Care for a drink?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

At Silence’s offer of somewhere to avoid the crowds for a while Kassandra smiled weakly, a little grateful. Anywhere might be better than these busy paths full of overexcited children, long-wearing parents, teasing performers and worst of all, affectionate lovers out for the evening together. It hadn’t been quite to plan, ending up tangled up with the circus traffic heading east, but things had spread to wider distances than the woman had thought they would… it was awkward to have to admit her mistake. So, she said nothing. She did not want to be taken for a naïve fool.

Her look at Silence’s tricks with the children remained as dark as ever. She could not decide if she approved of such things or not… definitely not the sort of actions she would ever take towards another. She folded her arms across her chest, shrugging her shoulders forwards a little to keep her cloak completely covering her.
“I was… well. Not really sure where I was going. Wherever there’s work.” Pick a road, head that way until she came across something that caught her attention with the glint of gold. Or silver or bronze, she wasn’t picky. It was a bit of an embarrassing situation really, having to explain when she didn’t even know what she was doing with her life. “Racksom had been the main thought…”

Or had she just picked Racksom because it was the last place Armeno had been?

She glanced around with a little interest as Silence let her into her tent, hesitantly pushing back her hood. A second glance at the cat as the girl spoke to it- him. Kassandra had never really been a small-animal person; her horse, he was the most important thing to her. Not some small purr-box, but she tentatively put one hand out for the little animal to sniff as she stepped away from the doorway a little.
“Uh… what sort of drink?” she asked slightly hesitant to take anything, in case she might be expected to return in through a favour.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:15 pm

"Water, milk, tea, coffee?" she questioned with a shrug. "If you want anything just ask." Perhaps her expectations of her guest were a bit high, seeing as Kassandra was hesitant to even stick around at all. At the mention of the city she looked a little off-put. "We don't get to Racksom for quite some time I'm sorry to say. But. . ." Here she paused to find a map with red lines on it. "This is our general route with occasional stops, y'know supplies and all that, and the time we spend in each city. From here if you stuck with us the whole way you'd be with us nearly half a year. If you're dead set on Racksom, I'd recommend staying with us 'til we get to Harglen, then taking the Everbridge route past Jiluria and north to Racksom."

Whether her advice had fallen on deaf ears was a bit of a conundrum as the hostess wasn't quite sure how to read her guest's body language. "Take a seat if you like, this is the busiest part of the day so I doubt you'll be able to leave for an hour or two." Meanwhile her cat decided that sparks aside, this new visitor was worth paying attention to and rubbed against her leg with a soft 'meow'. "Heard there's been quite a territory scuffle out near Racksom, what's got you set on going in that direction?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:43 am

Kassandra gave a little huff of thanks at Silence’s offers, touching her hand briefly to the cat’s head before straightening up. It was a little cold outside, and tea was good for warming; she asked for such, then stepped a little closer to see the map as the other girl showed her the circus’ route. It was a long one, going round places Kassandra had never really thought- or cared- to visit; but did she really want to get to Racksom so quickly? What was there for her to go to, in the city?

“Might do that,” she said. Sticking with a group would be… different, but perhaps they would afford her a little more safety than travelling alone. Not that she had ever had much trouble on the roads between Racksom and Tarz before, she had traversed them a good few times in her years. “Not for half a year, but, maybe a bit.”
She didn’t want to tie herself down with this crew; but it wasn’t as if she had much to offer them, just a moody face following with all the rest.

She started at the cat rubbing himself along her leg, then looked at the thing in surprise. It seemed as… poorly put off by her as its mistress. Her eyes flicked up again at the sound of territory scuffles; this was not something she had heard, and her mind immediately flew to the thought of those in the area.
“Territory scuffle? Near Racksom? Quinsilla?” Quinsilla was her hometown, she had few ties to it on accordance to poor history with its inhabitants, but even still…
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Usually she asked a price for information like that, but this was a guest, not a client. So with a solemn nod she gave her answer. "We haven't been to Racksom in over a year, we only just restarted our route, but there was talk in the capital of strange invaders in that area. Surahnians was what everyone said. A refugee from Racksom said it was more like a siege in that particular city, but trauma and stress warp the memory quite a bit." It seemed as though she struck a nerve mentioning it and held out her tea. "I didn't mean to cause you discomfort, it was just a word of caution. Like I said before we haven't been there in nearly two years. Is there someone you're looking for out that way?"

Most of the people of those areas had fled to places like Harglen and Didienne and Tarz, perhaps instead of going all that way she might inquire about her loved one/friend/whoever it was, she hadn't a clue. "If you're looking for someone who lives or lived out there, I'd suggest checking around the next city or two we visit to see if maybe they left the area. Should the rumors be true, I doubt anyone stayed in the area so long as the fighting ensued. Surely anyone who has the pleasure of your company is smart enough not to stick around for a scrap." Kassie didn't seem like she really wanted to stay, but she'd agreed to nonetheless. Therefore guest accommodations would need to be set up posthaste! "I know you don't like me all that well but I keep a spare mattress you're welcome to use. Until you decide to part ways with us my home is yours." The statement was accompanied by a small but genuine smile, Kassie definitely didn't look too pleased to be there at all.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 1:59 pm

“Strange invaders?” Kassandra’s voice was a little diminished at Silence’s news, and her eyes dropped from the other girl to the ground, searching blindly over it for some sort of light to brighten such grim news. Trauma? Stress? What had been happening whilst she had been away? She shouldn’t have asked at all, she could feel tension mounting up inside her, and even at the offer of her tea she hardly felt better, staring at its murky bottom before absentmindedly finding herself the edge of the bed to perch on.
Discomfort, oh, this gave her discomfort.

“Yes… someone…” she stared at her tea for a moment more, then remembered herself and started, looking up with a little more clarity than before. “No, I mean. I just know that area a bit better than most. So I was headed that direction.”
She was not going to allow herself to dwell on the past, nor was she about to let some girl she had met twice in on her secrets. She hurriedly buried her nose in her tea, drinking it even though it was scalding hot. There was an unhappy twitch at the edge of her mouth when she finally lowered her cup though, disliking the constant reminders and thoughts that Silence was both providing, and helping crop up. “Like you say, everyone’ll have left at the first thought of fighting. Only an idiot would stay.”
Armeno was an idiot. There was no question in him staying. Or going. Wherever he was; was he even still in Racksom? That hadn’t occurred to him; Racksom was a human settlement, and Armeno was anything but human. Perhaps he had just left completely…

“Yeah. Thanks.” Her words were still a little hollow as she thought. Tamarisk, her horse, didn’t yet cross her mind; she would have to go and retrieve him from the stables where she had been keeping him before going anywhere. The horse was, after all, most of the reason she had had to divert to a slightly indirect route out of the other side of the city in the first place. Otherwise she would have been well away by now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next