Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sea of fire

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Normal rules apply, I don't thinkI'll have to list them out.
Setting: A hot desert kingdom with a city near by. Daytime..temp 95 degrees

Plot: A neighboring town is in need of supplies. Food and water must be sent across miles of sand to reach them. The king already has sent a caravan to the distant town but word has it they never returned. Rumor has it they were eaten by some great beasts who claim to be the true kings of the desert and the people are petrified to travel until this group of beasts can be brought to justice.

The trading roads are dieing and with this in mind, the lord wants these abominations killed at once. He’s offering great sun of gold to anyone who rids the city of this desert monster.

Needed:: A group of travelers to go along with the caravan of supplies – Man eatting dragons -Guards or dragon riders and slayers. Pretty much anything goes.

I'm playing a dragon and a slayer
-----------

Introduction - [ Taladar - Desert dargon ]

The hot desert sun loomed over the sea of sand. The heat was sweltering to a degree that clothes would stick to sweating human skin. It was sand as far as the eye could see way beyond the horizon. Heat waves danced over the land like the ripples of water over the surface. Most called it the sea of fire as it felt almost like the fire of hell itself. Some claimed the devil came here on holiday because it was so hot.

Miles away, a burrower slept beneath the cool sand in a light slumber. He slept with his body completely covered all but his face that lay above ground, perfectly camouflaged by his sandy color. Two spire-like horns stuck out from the back of his head resembling rocks that just decided to lay down to rest. A thin layer of sand covered his scaly head most likely blown there by stay winds that tended to blow hot air from time to time. The sun didn't bother this overgrown lizard much as the hot rays bounced off his thick hide.

Under the ground, his body was relaxed; cooled by the damp sand that cradled his body. His back was covered in rock-like plates that started at his head until the tip of his tail. The plates were simply colored in shades of brown and tan to camouflage him from passersby. His main pelt was the color was tan that peaked out from his armored plates.

Taladar snorted out a column of sand that had decided to collect in his nostrils. A mixture of grotest went soaring in a shot of snot and sand. He raised a sleepy eye to the world beyond. The sunlight flashed into his eye forcing him to squint and release a short moan. Hunger had made this creature stir as his belly was hard to ignore with it's grumbling pains and protests. There was no use going to get anything because he knew the closest food available was the nearby town ten miles away and even then it was hard to get food. The caravans had one day stopped coming just a few weeks after he had moved into his new desert paradise.

Taladar sighed heavily he was hoping staying hidden for a few days would bring the people back on their normal trade route but none ever came. One thing was for sure, he was not looking forward to going back to his old routine of trekking miles just to find a small mouth full. He remembered when there were plenty of people to satisfy his hunger but now there was nothing. This nothing was bothering him and Taladar was going to do something about it.

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:20 pm

A black dragon with shining silver wings. made up of individual blades slithered through the sky beating slowely to conserve energy.' l just had to be black' he thought sowwerly to himself He scanned the desert beneith him. It was only 95 but to him it felt like 105 he had passed a town full of people recently but even though his stomach pained him he didn't bother to catch a bite to eat. He was kind of like the vegitarian of the dragon world only eating furry animals rather then humans.

He had been flying along what looked like a worn and disused human path and had looked down just in time to see two columns of sand burst from the surrounding area not far from two large rock looking...spires? He cocked his head and angled his sharp wings downward. slowely descending upon the dry landscape.
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:13 pm

Cato sits atop a large black stallion as he rides beside one of the wagons in the long line. His helmet bobbles on the hilt of one of the two sword that are sheathed in speacial sheaths on the saddle. if he ever needs to draw them he would draw them with the opposite hands, but right now all is quiet. He pats the horses bent neck it had been a while since the animals have had water, the horses coat was wet with sweet. The collection of arrow clink together at it taps his right knee the bow in a holster on his left. he liked it that way with all the weapons infront of him when he road. There was even a boot knife in each of his boots. When he wasn't riding the swords where strapped at his hips and the bow and arrows on his back. His short brown hair is plastered to his head as beads of sweet drip down his weeks growth of facial hair. He kept a leery eye to the sky and to the dunes waiting.

Last edited by nox_the_wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Mizu made a quick scan of the area before going down to his final destination. A good thing too. He spotted a line of humans and animals. A caravan and not without it's gaurds and slayers. He hissed as he spotted a well stocked slayer on his horse he dove for the sand and landed ungracefully sending up a plum of sand. With his paws he beggan digging pulling in his bladed wings tight to his body. He snuffed as sand got in his nose. He then slithered under so that his body was conered in sand. Only his head poked above the surface.
He settled uncomfortably something scaly under his but he ignored it more worried about being mistaken for a man eating dragon then being on top of one.
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Introduction [Sethos]   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 am

He wasn't sure why he had agreed to come on this trip. Maybe it was because of the large sum of money that the king was offering. Well What ever it was, he was now riding along the sides of caravans protecting it precious cargo. Camels acted as pack mules carrying call the cargo on their backs. There where twenty-five of them all together but from his saddle it smelled of fifty.

Sethos hung in the back of the line of travelers. He was starting to believe it was an awful choice to have decided to come along. He sat upon a gray stallion that was slim and quick on its feet. Sethos was assigned the duty of watch the back half of the group spending most of his riding in silence.

The rider was of average height most of it hidden under the clothes he wore. The clothes he wore were simply trimmed mainly in light colors with a hood he mostly had pulled over his short black hair. If you looked closely, you could see he was no ordinary traveler. Sethos was decked out in weapons; a sash around his waist was a holder of five daggers, a slim Arabian blade rested against the shoulders of his horse and a bow was slung across his back with his quiver full of arrows. He also had a hidden dagger that was carefully placed in his boot.

Everything was in easy to access places if he so chose to use them but for now nothing stirred beyond the endless sea of sand
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:44 am

Taladar shifted free of the sand and raised his head to pear over the horizon. He raised his wings from the sandy hole and began to shake them out spraying sand everywhere. The sun was still too bright for his eyes forcing him to remain squinting. Taladar stifled a gaping yawn as the winged serpent's tail made its appearance.

He huffed out when he saw a black figure in the clear sky "Curious" he noticed it fly off into the distance. "It's heading for the city" he began to wonder why it would fly so close to the town. Taladar wriggled a short distance using his front arms to move and his tail to bring up the rear. "I wonder if he knows something I don’t," he thought about the chances. "Well it wouldn't hurt to check" With his mind made up Taladar took to the skies in search of this new arrival.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:45 pm

(Mizu never headed ofr the city. He's accidently on top of taladar. It says he passed the city.)

Mizu squeeked and moved aside as the dragon shifted. Well he knew where it waws now. He uncovered himself and scooted a good distance over, "S-sorry." he mumbled then turned back to watch the caravan. He slithered in place moving sand so his body sank beneath the sand once more. It was more comfortable than being above though the blade on his nose probabably acted like a becon if the sun hit it right. He shook his head trying to get rid of the idea then just settled for resting his head on a small mound of sand.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Cato saw sometihng flash in the corner of his eye. Checking the horse up he looks around at the dunes. There just starting to disapat was a dust cloud. The re was no signs of a sand storn so it had to be something else. The caravan moves past his as he stits on the large stallion looking watching with intently. His hand plays with the fleching of one of the arrows in the holder. The horse under him begins to dance with inactivity it wanted to be out of the heat and on to the next oasis.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 pm

mizu looked to see one of the cravans guards looking his way. He hissed and sank lower so that only his nose and eyes were above the sand. But that ment his shining horn was too. He cursed but there was little he could do So he only sat as still as possible adn watched the man on the horse. The horse looked uncomfortable as it danced slightl. He had to bite his lip as his stomach protested to its lack of food. The animals in the caravan looked so tasty, but he couldn't not with that guard looking at him.
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Taladar   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:57 pm

((Oh...))

Taladar couldn't hid his annoyance to this new dragon. He was very odd to look at as he was covered in blades that glinted in the desert sun. He grumbled "At leased my discuses is working" he flicked a nervous eye around to the distance. At first, he though the image was only a mirage cast by the rippling heat waves but then it became clear. Humans! He grinned to himself and licked his lips that would mean they would have water with them and best of all pack animals of all sorts.

Taladar wanted to roar out-loud in his happiness. He looked around him absent- mindedly, the bladed dragon was nowhere to be found. He raised a brow and scanned his surroundings spotting a horn of metal sticking out of the sand. He quickly followed the dragon's exampled and buried himself across from were Mizu was. The humans would pass right by this area and no doubt point out the blade in the sand and then he would attack as their back were turned. He grinned wickedly "This dragon isn't as bad as I thought" he shifted his way deeper into the hot sand.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Cato sees the flahs of light again and runs his heels along the horses side moving it off what some could consider a road. If you call a well trodden path through the desert that can be whiped away with a good gust of wind. riding up a sand dune that was large enough to have hidden Taladar from his view. Cato looks around again trying to see the flash again. The caravan slips away behind him. Looking over his shoulder Cato curses softly and wheels the horse around and moves it back down the dune to slip in beside Sethos and his white stallion. His large black dances under him as if he wants to show he is the better male horse. Cato pats the horses neck trying to sooth the large beast. "Easy easy Argento we both know your better then this stallion no need to fight." Cato keeps the reins tight pulling the horses muzzle close to it's chest keeping him in check showing the horse who is boss. Cato looks over at Sethos and gives him a once over. "There is something in the dunes keep your eyes open."

Last edited by nox_the_wolf on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:11 pm

Mizu shifted his eyes but not his head as he heard the dragon burry himself beneath the sand. He quickly returned his gaze to the caravan as it approached. Mizu smirked to hismself he had just escaped notice of the guard. He et the sand fall off him and shot forward and twisted around the horses feet then darted toward a camel that was carrying the least of the supplies it would make it easier to move. he then let his jaws grab hold of hte camels leg. and his horn tickle the camels stomach tearing one of the ropes accidently.
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Sethos   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:35 pm

So far everything was going smoothly; the people were idly chatting away and peace lingered. Sethos was too distracted watching the surroundings to notice their conversations. Their voices had faded from his mind as he honed in on the desert. "No sign of the beasts yet" he thought with a look of disappointment. Sethos was hoping to have seen these dragons by now. Well it would be long as they were a walking buffet table. He placed a hand on his sword's handle itching to use it.

He noticed he wasn't the only one who felt uneasy as he spotted Cato; his bow strung and nocked. "He must sense something" his horse wickered nervously as they neared the dunes ahead.

Sethos kept an eye open ready to grab his blade if needed. He was so distracted that he hadn't noticed Cato until his horse was next to his. "Yes I sensed it to" he gave Cato a quick look "I was thinking about scouting ahead." his horse shook it's head at Cato's stallion.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Cato nods. "Go ahead."cato hear a camel bray and looks around. "What the?" He hears a comotion ahead of them and spurs the horse up the line of the caravan. Cato pulls up beside the beast that lost it's load. Looking the animal over he sees the little sword dragon. With a crooked smile be leans low int he saddle the sturrups keeping him on it as he grabs the dragon behind its head like you would a snake. "Come here you." Cato stairs into Mizu's eyes. "And what do you think your doing?"
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:09 pm

mIzu hissed and curled his body around the mans arm and body and manuvered his wings so that they sat inches away from the mans neck. (he's rather long about 30 feet TT) "Catching a meal" he spoke in a gruff voice tippical of a male. HE bent his neck so that the blades along it stuck out in a defensive poistion. he eyed his surroundings and then back to the mans face, "But your horse might sufice." He threatened.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:19 pm

(oh dang i thought he was small)

"Eat my horse and I will cut off your head." Cato wraps a hand around one of the two sword hilts. "I don't take kindly to dragons who threaten me or my horse." Argento snorts and stomps a hoof in agreement. "I thinkit wise if you go find something else to eat then any of the animals on the caravan." Cato leans a bit closer giveing Mizu predatory eyes.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Mizu hissd Aggitatedly, "It's already bleeding it won't be much use anyway." He grovled and lossesned his grip on the mans body but kept his wings at the mans neck, "Move that sword from it's hilt and you die." He warned as he let his coils unwrap and fall onto the ground. (sorry short)
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 pm

Letting go of Mizu since holding the large dragon was pointless he sits back up in the saddle. "You move those wings and you will feel pain." Cato cursed himslef for leaving the spring loaded knives in the saddle bag when this was over he would be putting them on. "No thanks to you. Now another animal will have to carry this ones load if it can survive the damage you did to it." The stallion dances away from the dragon a bit. (is ok)
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Sethos and Taladar   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:28 pm

Chaos was everywhere as the dragon appeared. Shouts of panicky rose from the travelers as they frantically tried to move their pack animals away from the fray.

Taladar waited until the panicked people were in range. The news of a dragon was speeding quickly and the people were trying to hurry passed while the bladed dragon was distracted. He sprang into action taking a man and a camel by surprise. Taladar knocked the camel to the ground sending it's rider into the sand.

Sethos spurred his horse to a gallop to assist Cato but cut short when Taladar leapt at a camel. His horse reared in freight with a whinnied of fear. Sethos grabbed hold of the reins and forced his horse to back up. Then he turned his stallion as it danced lightly on its hooves tossing its head in a protesting manner. Sethos had no trouble controlling his steed and brought his sword out. He kicked the horse into a gallop ready with blade in hand.

Taladar sunk his teeth into the warm flesh of the squealing beast. The man was talking in panicked tones and was quickly running after the parade of caravans. Humans were such odd creatures and odder still was a man was now riding towards him with sword in hand. Taladar moved to face him head on and raised his wings in a threatening manner.

Sethos made a downwards slash to his opponent’s right arm with all his might.

Pain rushed through his arm as the equestrian attacked him. Taladar snarled and lashed out with his tail on the horse.

Luckily, he saw it coming and maneuvered his horse around on coming tail. Sethos went back for another charge this time aiming for Taladar's other arm. He had noticed this dragon moved much like a snake with only his front arms to lift his weight. If he took out the arms, he figured the dragon would be done for.

Taladar was ready for him this time and swung his body in a full circle to attack. He clenched his teeth against the pain making sure not to lean too much weight on his right arm. Strike! He had made contact with the horse but to his disappointment, the man was still alive and was quickly approaching on foot.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:45 pm

Hissed and quickly moved away, "like I would actually give up." He took to the skies to aid the sandy colored dragon using his small paws to lash out at the rider the dragon was confronting tugging slightly at his hair then letting go. Persicion is what he was made for but when he didn't focus it always came undone. So he forced himself to focus and re attack the camel he had bitten earlier using his back to cut into it's side. "Come on you thought you could actually beleive a dragon? Tsk Tsk" he chuckled and lifted himself into the air again but this time going higher.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 3:35 am

Cato draws both sword and bings them down aiming for Mizu's left flank. "Yes and you should never let s slayer live!" He swings his leg over the saddle and drops to the sand. He wish he had on some of his armor instead of the linen shirt and thin leather pants and boots her was wearing. But time would not permit it to be that way. Cato brings his mind back to the fight at hand. He swats Argento's flank withthe flat of the blade hopeing to see the large black stallion after the dragons where done attacking them.
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Sethos and Taladar   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:17 am

His mount had gone flying with a defining crack as the dragon's tail made contact. The landed a few yards away and very much in pain. Sethos's leg was caught under the weight of his horse's large mass. He struggled to pull himself out but after much digging around the sand, he was free. Sethos checked himself over for breaks and luckily found none. His horse was different madder he couldn't tell how many organs were destroyed but his chest had a few broken ribs. Blood was starting to come to the stallion's nostrils. It was desperate to breathe, as each breath didn't seem enough.

He knew what he had to do to end his horse's pain. Sethos carefully took the horse's head in his arms and rubbed a caressing hand over the stallion's sweating face. "Thank you for all you've done for me my friend" then he snapped the horse’s head ending its life quickly.

Sethos grabbed his bow from his back and quickly nocked it and let fly aiming for the lizard's eyes.
Back to top Go down

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Taladar   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:31 am

Taladar had no trouble seeing the arrow come towards him and batted it away with his tail. He almost felt bad for the person that his horse had died but not really. He flapped he began to make his approach on the human "I'll make your death quick," he promised.

Sethos grabbed two arrows this time and fired, then in one swift motion released another.

Taladar had plenty of time to defend himself and batted the arrows away again. To his horror, he neglected to see the third and it embedded its self just above the eye. He was becoming quick irritated with this person and charged him.

Sethos quickly jumped out of the way of the charging dragon. He looked ahead of him; the caravans were a good distances away now. He could see their distant figures a few miles away. "Whoow!" he just made a move away from the dragon's crushing tail.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Mizu growled as the blades made contact but he had pulled away so they didn't go to deep. He growled"I'll make sure to correct that mistake. He curled his neck and dashed at the man pointing his horn at the mans chest. "Now die." He hissed angrily, but he had lost concentration and tripped over a rock veering him off course but still at the man.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:57 pm

Cato dodges out of the way putting more space between them. Cato takes two bounding leaps as he leaps he sheaths the two swords as he lands on the dragons back. Drawing the daggers in his boots. He sinks the two daggers into Mizu's back. The daggers where small enough they were more an irratant then anything else. He holds onto the daggers with a death grip knowing that if he fell off the dragon would suredly kill him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sea of fire Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sea of fire   Sea of fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sea of fire
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next