Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)

Go down 
+8
Nyx
lastinginthenight
Echo
Taj
Tegan
Artemis
Aero
Zay
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Armeno twisted in the saddle as Sandy dismounted, hands ready to catch her if her wound had weakened her more than he had thought. She seemed fine, though, and he watched, still slightly amazed, as the gash across Snady's back sealed itself with seemingly only a small amount of effort from Gorz. He then turned back to face forwards in the saddle, and glanced at Kagan.
'Come on, then,' he said, giving the reins of the bay a little shake; it sidled a tiny bit closer to Velox, flicking its ears nervously as the Arab glowered. Armeno was impatient to get going- scouting was important, and it would take a while to get a good picture.

Kumiko blazed onwards, briefly noting all she passed. When she overtook a leopard print horse and its green-clad owner, however, her head flicked round to observe them for a moment longer. She wasn't expecting the rider to spur the horse on, into a gallop, and race after her. In fact, she was so interested by the woman's behaviour she slowed to the same pace of the horse, and after a couple of seconds she reduced her speed so that the rider could catch up. She opened her mouth to speak, before remembering she was in her fox form. On a powerful wave of thought, she projected,
'Who are you, and which side are you for?'
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 2:09 am

Lena wanted to smack every last man that was traveling along the dark farmlands with her. Her only hope was that it looked as if daylight would seen be upon them. Finally. But many of the men that had fled with her were complaining now of minor cuts, fatigue and hunger. Not being able to stand it any longer Lena whipped around on the group. “If I hear another grumble out of your mouths I swear I will slap the complaints right off your faces.” Her growling made the threat a rather real one. She couldn’t stand people who could complain this much yet a part of her knew they deserved it. Their homes had been taken and now they were on the run merely to stay alive. This was the group of people that would not be able to valiantly fight like the rest of their townsfolk that had stayed behind. Lena sighed now, thinking that perhaps Atleon had wronged in giving her this job, she wasn’t a people person and never would be.

Lena’s attention however was brought to the sky as she caught some movement. She squinted for a moment, not wanting the group of sniffling dogs to run off in a panic if something really was after them now. “Look, I am going back to see if I can help anyone else out of the city. The rest of you keep heading in the direction we’ve been taking. Don’t stop to rest.” She narrowed her glace on some of the men who had done most of the whining. Stepping to the side, Lena let the group of men and woman go past letting them all eye her as they went on. They might hate her for her personality but they were the ones keeping them alive.

Once many of the townsfolk had gotten a bit further into the current plot of farm land they were on, she snapped open her wings and took to the skies. Whatever was following them probably wasn’t good and if she couldn’t kill it, Lena would give a good head start for the rest of the people. It didn’t take long for Lena to clearly see what was following them. It looked like a huge black bird of some sort and a cold weight dropped in her stomach. There was no way this thing was on their side. Hovering in the air and directly in front of Faust’s path, Lena drew her duel swords. “Why are you following us, creature?” With a semblance of hope, Lena asked and waited to see which side this odd bird was on.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:17 am

Talos nearly missed Atleon's call, so concentrated on trying to develop a plan for meeting Zartear's army as he was. However, the man's voice floated through the haze of a weary mind that was determined to continue despite the fatigue, bringing a wry grin to the avian's face. It was not a look that held any humor, nor was the bitter laugh that escaped his throat. He gestured for his men to remain put and came closer to Atleon so that they could talk without raising their voices. "Letting them rest is exactly what I am worried about." An involuntary sigh escaped him and he rubbed the bridge of his nose, noting with a small amount of concern that when he looked up again his vision was slightly blurry from lack of rest. He, Lena and anyone else with manpower to spare had been busy for the past week and then some trying to make Racksom into the sort of fortress that it was never designed to be. The battle had taken a toll on him as well and knew that his men were feeling it. "Storming out there is also the last thing I had in mind. And prince, I hardly think that fatal is anything that we could avoid at this point."

Suddenly, irrationally, he felt extremely angry. He wasn't entirely sure why, but it was a struggle to tamp down the emotion to a more manageable level. "They have no energy Atleon. We're running on the false hope that we can take back this city, and I do mean it when I say that it is a false hope." Talos dropped his voice to a lower key so as not to be overheard, unflinchingly meeting the gaze of the prince, and then he realized why he was angry. Battle fatigue had something to do with it of course, but it was also the fact that he could see no logical way out of this mess. Zartear literally held every advantage now, and their small squadron of peasants were going to put up as much resistance as paper to an inferno. He wondered if anyone else were feeling this same sense of hopelessness and reverently hoped that they didn't. All would really be lost then. "If the men rest then I fear that they will give up. We are all tired. We have been tired for days and if given the chance for a rest… I don't know how many here could summon the will power to rise again. You are asking of us an impossible task, don't make it harder. I'll ask these men to do anything else on your behalf, but don't give us the chance to lose all hope completely." And then another belated realization… Somehow he had become emotionally attached to this city. He wasn't just channeling the feelings of the people he had lead for the past week but his own as well. Abandoning the city wasn't something he wanted to do, no, but against such an opponent as the one that they currently faced… what other choice did they really have?
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Static kept Tamarisk at a hard gallop around the edge of the city, not expecting to catch the whizzing object, but giving it a go. As it was, she was well and truly surprised when it slowed down, matching its speed with hers. It seemed to be some sort of fox- Bigger than a normal fox, but a fox all the shape. She pulled Tamarisk to a slower pace as they matched speeds, not wanting to tire Tamarisk out before the end of battle.

Static decided it was probably best to tell the truth to a being that could talk through a mindlink. In her experience, they were always more extraordinary than the rest.
“Static, for the side which wins this battle.”
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Kagan looked up warily at the man, looking from him to the horse, then back.In his mind, he was practically screaming at himself to deny the offer, and to simply search on foot. But then there would be questions, questions that would change what people thought of him entirely... not that he cared, or anything. He and horses just didn't... see eye to eye. He never really understood why. Did he smell funny? Was it his appearance?

Forget it, just get on and be done! He chided to himself. It's just a horse! So the goblin scrambled his way up the beast of burden, careful not to hit anything with his feet (which he did, but hopefully it didn't hurt) And sat behind the man, legs stretched apart uncomfortably. Oh, they never make tem in my size anymore. He thuoght, shifting lightly and putting on an unentertained face. "C'mon then, let's go!"
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:55 pm

By now Zartear had allowed the woman, Deos, and the hero, Felren, to continue their chatter of a great healer in Kaionar.
If that's where they wanted to be, then he'd permit that, he offered them both no more than a nod before he rounded the men that were to stay with him alongside him and walked down the street on the backs of proud steeds. The men that had stayed to guard Felren offered Zartear a bow of sorts, even as the cluster of calvary had turned their backs and were on their way.

Zartear and his group however soon came across something interesting, it was an unmistakable image, though and so nobody readied to assault.
There, apparently only half-conscious was his Secondary Bowmaster, held limply in the arms of a stranger he couldn't place. Certainly not of the Defenders, Zartear could see immediately that he was stronger bodied and with a nature to match; apparently manners didn't come easily for his sort.

This would have to be handled carefully, the man seemed to all but directly challenge his authority.
Right then the men to his sides looked to Zartear's next action, half expecting him to punish the Second Bowmaster with death right then, to be found so helplessly by a stranger was very insulting to one's own honour, and it was plain to see she was in no commanding state.
Zartear looked at the two of them softly, the words fraught with threat toward him, melting away.

"It is good of you Sir to bring back our Second Bowmaster...and she does clearly need our aid, the magi that were ordered to heal another hero of ours will be here soon; they will be more than adequate on these wounds." A frown of compassion passed on his face, his concern for her quite clear.

Finally, a band of the west gate infantry could be seen, marching straight toward them and proudness seemed to glow in the hearts of the men both behind Zartear and coming to join them. This was good, they now had to consolidate their position and prepare for any last waves of resistance from remaining Defenders.
He addressed Siofra, despite not knowing if she could still hear well enough; it was as much a case of the others around him needing to hear it as her.
"You have fought earnestly, and while you may not be able to finish this battle...Your effort has been valiant in any case."
He nodded respectfully, then meeting the eyes of her rescuer,

"You may take your leave, friend of Surah."
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

Xavien in all honesty couldn't care less about the ones that were there before him. Seeing them all, they meant so little right then. He just wanted Siofra to become better, wanted things to fit as he was planning. to do that was going to require some tremendously ballsy moves on his part... but well, he was full of such moves to begin with, it didn't bother him none really. He swept his eyes over them all quick, before looking back at Zartear. No, Xavien didn't use such mannerism at all. Nor would he ever. He was his own being, and so he was going to do things HIS way. Although things were going better then he thought they would. Admittedly if Zartear ahd done something stupid Xavien wouldve likely cleaved him in two before anyone else got a hit on him. But Xavien, luckily, only had good intents for the dark leader... for now.

Xavien straightened a bit, hearing Zartear actually expressing.. gratitude? Was that even possible? Well he supposed it was. This being ebfor ehim as human, after al. Thus he was bound to have some kind of heart somewhere in there, even if it was only a sight of it, encased in ice. Plus everyone got injured in battle at some point. No one could expect Siofra to be unscathed forever. So it was a very good thing that Zartear made the right move. Though Xavien had expected alot more skepticism toward himself by these people. Although it was good they did not. Perhaps he would actually be of use to them who knows. But he definently did all this for his own ends. It wasnt going to end happily for these beings either. But for now, Xavien nodded. "Thank you then. Be careful." Xavien told him simply. Truly glad no one raised hell over theis predicament... But he walked, Siofra in his arms. Until he got to what seemed their imfirmiry. Once there Xavien laid her gently upon a soft cot-bed, then he sat down beside it. Taking his huge sword off and settling it against the wall.... He wasnt going to leave her side. e was staying there until she was fixed.

--------------------

Kevvile just chuckled within this being. This was too good, WAY too good. Having to have their commander shipped off just because of his presence. It was only going to get worse too... Determined to wreak havoc inside this form, until he was called back to his true holder. He giggled audibly within Felren, keeping contact with the mind too. ~Look at this fool. Look how they cower before me... sending you all over to try to remove me.... Ahh yes, let them try! Theyll find a short, and very painful end....~ He said gleefully. Hardly could he wait...
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Felren couldn't help but laugh out loud. With the dragon keeping most control over the part human body, he kept control of everything. He waved off the look he knew was going to get from Deos and nodded to Zartear as he left. How you could possibly think we fear you incomprehensible. A minor inconvenient thing, yes, fear, no. He chuckled again at how incredibly vein the creature must be. He knew Kevvile was causing him pain but nothing the evil dragon could not handle. Nothing that would make him fear any living creature.

((Kevv, no need to reply with Kevvile on this board, moving onto our new one. 8D ))
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:11 am

Faust gave a soft chuckle at the wing woman and shook his head. He was some what surprised at how she could think her little sword would harm him, but her admired her spunk. "Put your little tooth picks away child I wont harm you." He flaps his wings and hovers in the air. "Besides I don't eat humans or other bipedal creatures all your kinds tastes horrible." He shakes his head as if trying to dislodge the memory or taste. He looks below them at the group, the low light not bothering his keen eyesight. "They should not be lead into open terrain otherwise they will be easy picking to those who have taken over the city." He looks around them then says, "Let us land so we can reserve our energy for anything that may come your way." Faust waits to see what the winged woman would do. What little light shined over Faust's feather giving off the iridescent light.

Cato rises up just as he hears that the healer he was sent to get where not needed. He ground his teeth but outwardly showed nothing of the annoyance. He looks over to Siofra and the one who had carried her over to Zartear. He looks at the healers who had followed him from the western gate. "Go heal her since the other does not have need of you."

"My lord I have those who were around the wall and other going out into the battle field. To begin clean up the bodies and stripping them of anything that may be needed. I also have building being clean out as supply building, of our items and the defenders to be used if needed at a later time." Out of the corner of his eye he watched the healers do their work on Siofra. He hoped they healed her properly so he could have his second in command back. There where times they didn't see eye to eye but she was a valuable asset to him.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 am

Lena was caught of guard at this rather large bird, but lowered her sword not really having the energy for another fight as it was. She wasn’t sure if she was supposed to take the fact that anyone with two legs tasted bad as an insult but she let it go, listening to what it had to say. “Fine.” She agreed, landing on the ground and wincing as some of the weight was distributed to her bad leg. She waited for Faust to land and crossed her arms over her chest. “They have to keep moving.” She looked back to the group as it did as she instructed, moving along the farmlands. “Zartear will be far too busy securing the city to send a search party after a bunch of helpless civilians. He wants to rule a kingdom, not an empty vast amount of land. He won’t actively peruse us.” She said with confidence. It made sense to her. Zartear thought himself bettering the world with his ruler ship and as crazy as it sounded it would help keep some of the causalities down. “I know we need cover, but the sun will be rising soon and there will not be many places to hide. Better to get some distance from the city and regroup.” She eyed the bird like creature.

Even if Faust was working for Zartear, the plans were an obvious thing, nothing that he wouldn’t expect so it would do her no harm in telling someone the plans. Her thoughts drifted to Talos and she wanted desperately to go and aid him…but she couldn’t. These people couldn’t fight worth a damn and if there was something out here she would defend them as best she could.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:16 am

Her strength was now fading by the second, Siofra could feel it. Even though she was resolved on not showing it and even wanting to put up a fight if such was necessary, she had to face facts. She could not fight, but then suddenly, it seemed like that was not even necessary anymore. Had she been more conscious she would have probably ripped open her eyes and lifted her head at Zartear’s unexpected words of kindness, even more so when he almost seemed to thank her for her aid in his cause. It sounded wrong and very weird to her ears, despite the fact that he seemed to be earnest about this. Yet, the half-elf could not help but think this was all just a ploy. She forced herself to mutter a “Thank you, Zartear” when Xavien passed the leader of the rebels on his way to the magi that had just appeared and out of nowhere quickly erected something like a tent.

She barely noticed that Cato had come back, being the one to have brought the magi; the only thing she was conscious of was Xavien’s arms holding her. That was until he laid her down somewhere and immediately what seemed like a million hands were brushing over her body, searching for injuries and examining every single bone and muscle it seemed. It was painful but she didn’t flinch, she was way passed that point. Or so she thought when she suddenly screamed out in pain as the rest of the arrow was finally completely removed from the wound in her side. Silent tears were now streaming down her face as she bit her lips, forcing herself not to whimper. She did not want to show even more weakness but seeing that her body did not find a way to release the pain it was feeling and unable to handle properly, a heavy dark wave washed over her and she passed out cold.

Atleon had to bite his tongue at Talos’ words. It was of no use having an argument with an ally, but that stubborn avian was beginning to strain his nerves. He clearly was too involved in this and was losing sight of many things, making it far too personal. Of course, a battle was always personal in a way if one was not a mercenary but this was overdoing it, but Atleon decided to let this pass. He did not want a quarrel with an ally but the avian better not go looking for it. Altleon simply kept on listening to the man’s words, with no expression on his face and without reacting to it until the avian finally seemed to have vented his anger and had arrived at the end of his speech. The prince kept considering him for a while before he slowly replied: “Do you think I do not know all this? Do you think I do not know what it is like in battle? Or that I myself have had any decent sleep since Quinsilla has burned to the ground weeks ago?” His tone was cold, flat. There was no emotion and no accusation in it, Atleon was simply stating facts. If the avian thought he and his friends were the only ones doing something for the fate of Dragon’s Cove and losing a few hours sleep over it, he was mistaken, and frankly, arrogant to be thinking that. Yet, Atleon did not voice these thoughts. He knew why the avian was behaving this way and he could understand it. Anyone with a heart could.

“Talos, the men will not lose hope by resting for a bit. They will lose hope if they see that they have to stand up against men who are rested and stronger than them because
they have been taking it easy. Don’t think Zartear is a fool. He will not rush into anything and we should not make the mistake of making it any easier on him. I know it might be a false hope to think we can regain the city, but no men will ever fight for this island anymore if we run away like cowards now. Because there will be nobody left to fight. If we do not stand up to fight and limit Zartear’s movement until we can think of something better to do – maybe in a different place – then we are dooming all of Dragon’s Cove to this city. You have seen how quickly he can act if needs be. Quinsilla was lost before Racksom had even heard an inkling of a rumour of what had been going on. And so it will be for the rest of the island if we give up now.” Clearing his throat, Atleon straightened himself up some more: “Whether you think this foolish or not, we will not move in yet. Not until Kayoss’ preparations are under way and the scouts are back with reports.” Atleon was not inclined to be talking about this any further, even though he always kept an ear open for his men, this had been going on for too long.

Turning back to Kayoss, he muttered: “I don’t like the idea of ruining Racksom ourselves, but it might indeed be the only way. So much lies in ruin already anyway.” He raised his eyebrows in surprise however when Kayoss suddenly started forming material out of the ground underneath their feet. It almost looked like a boy playing in the sand to build castles. “Do you need anything else? A shovel maybe to dig a hole?” he asked mockingly as he looked down on Kayoss, knowing that he would pay for this one sooner or later. Surveying the ranks of people around him, Atleon slowly began to select a few at random who seemed to be more skilled in combat than others. Beckoning them towards him, he asked them to help out with the less skilled ones, showing them a few stances and parries without tiring themselves out while they were finalising their preparations. Atleon wanted to go into battle now, helping his people, but he knew he was needed more where he was now. Someone had to keep a straight head and an eye on everything and his title brought such responsibility with it. "Where are those scout reports?!" Atleon bellowed at a few other men, who seemed to be slouching around without having anything to do or not giving a hand in anything, jumping at being caught out. None of the people Atleon had recently sent out had been back yet, so he simply sent out another few, picking exactly those men who seemed to be idle. This needed to be handled quickly and he could not wait any longer. Nodding their heads obediently, the men quickly bounded away into various directions to gather the information Atleon sought.

Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:12 pm

Ooc;; Eh, sorry guys. I've explained to some, I've only just had the time to reply. But everything's calmed down now back home, so it should all be okay. (: Thank you to those who guided Sandy through the plot in my absence.

The whole horseback ride here had been a blur. Never before had thoughts overwhelmed her mind like this. Every time the horse’s hooves struck the hard, uneven earth, she felt her body get jerked awkwardly in an uneven rhythm. Sandy was a perfectly good rider when she wanted to be, but right now, if it wasn’t for her eyesight, she would have completely zoned out that was atop such an animal. Men were streaming past, and for once, she didn’t take notice to exactly what they were doing. Only when the horse came to a stop, did Sandy realise that she had probably ignored everything Armeno had said to her on the ride. If she was in any other state, she would have apologised, but doing so now didn’t seem the right thing to do. She would make it up to him, but not now.
Even when realisation hit her of who was around her and where they were, she barely moved. She couldn’t get the last image of Silverwing out of her head. A flash of silver, awkwardly moving across the sky, barely keeping airborne. The blue was mingled and tinged with the stain of red, and a look on his face that she had hardly witnessed before…not for a long time.

She took one glance down to her sword to see what it was currently doing. The stone within it lay dull and murky from all the dust. Even though she knew there were worse things to worry about, she knew she couldn’t forget the previous scene. Only when she looked up did she notice the somewhat familiar man only a few metres away. She found herself taking a second look before taking in that he was the poor soul trapped upon that dragon before. This was Atleon!
Now things were seeming to become less of a blur, as hope filled through her body just at the fact that he was alive and had been rescued. The defenders may have been pretty much beaten in this battle, but with him standing there, meant that not everything had been lost.
Only then, did it register that he wanted her to come over to him. All for the best really, for there were lots of things she needed to discuss with him. But not right now, not with everyone else here. The fact that Atleon had beckoned her over to him, suggested that they may get time together alone where she could discuss certain matters.

But then, he asked some sort of dragonic creature to take care of her wound. She looked across, to only find herself surprised at the sight of two of them. [I]Where on earth had they come from?[I] She knew she hadn’t taken a lot of notice of her surroundings before, with a respectful amount of reason, but how could she have missed out these two? She had never seen anything like them in her life, but she didn’t let it show. Doing so would only be disrespectful. She had to remember that she was only young – twenty-three- and there were a lot of things in her life still to open up to her.
Bracing herself, she swung her legs over the side of the horse, only to find herself biting her lip at the pain. She noticed Armeno hold out his arms in need be in order to catch her, and for that, she was grateful. As he feet hit the floor, pain seared through her again and she had to use all the energy left in order to stop them from buckling. That wouldn’t be good. First time meeting the Prince, and collapsing onto the floor. Good impression. Finally satisfied that she could stand without holding onto the horse, she let go and gave a quick nod to the elf. “Thank you,” she said, attempting a smile, although it was doing everything at once. Everything being standing. How pathetic she must look.

As fats as she could, well, as fast as her legs allowed her in her current state, she walked over t the creature people had called ‘Gorz’. She stood opposite him, allowing him to examine her and do whatever needed. She found it quite soothing when he began muttering to himself, about spells, how easy it was, and…

She looked up at Gorz, suddenly feeling something very odd, like a chord had been struck. That name…She went to contemplate on it a bit more, until a sharp, but quick pain flicked in her back. It seemed to bring her back to reality. She rubbed her back with her hand, only to feel nothing but normal skin. No horrible gash, no blood, no nothing. She stood there for a few seconds, not sure what to say. Until she finally decided that whatever she had just felt, was a side affect of the healing. Sandy went to open her mouth to thank the creature, but couldn’t quite bring herself to do it. He may have just healed her, but whatever else that magic did to her, was something that made her feel on edge, and she hated it.

In the end, she just gave a quick nod, before stepping backwards and turning to walk over Atleon. Again, she felt her wobbly legs almost give way, and she was quite taken aback. Maybe it was just because she had figured that her wound was the source for her lack of energy, but then she remembered everything about using her power. Half of her wanted to regret it, but reason told he that if she hadn’t have done it, then she would probably be in a worse state at this moment in time. Right now though, she didn’t have to waste anymore energy with putting up with pain, since that was completely gone.
She stop a few metres away from the prince, since she had found that he had started a conversation with that avian from before. The one who had moaned about her telling Armeno the reason why he could potentially die. Surely he had better things to do than whine to people in a battlefield. But then again, he had helped them get out. Maybe they weren’t on good terms, but right now Sandy wasn’t going to reflect on that. And from the looks of things, him and Atleon weren’t agreeing one hundred percent either.
Respectfully, she waited a distance away until their conversation had ended and he had turned to speak to Kayoss and give a sarcastic reply.
She nodded her head to him before walking forwards again, trying to hide how lacked of energy she felt. “Prince Atleon,” She began. “I’m sorry to hear about everything that has just happened to you.” She paused, waiting to see how he would respond, but figured she should just go on, They didn’t have enough time for pauses. “Vitreasa does apologise that she couldn’t do anymore help back in Surselea, but she had to tend to other business. No disrespect, of course. It was all in the best interest.” She kept her tone low, obviously not wanting to remind the Prince of whatever torture he had had to endure, but it had to be said.
“I am Sandy,” her tone quieter still. The very fact that Gorz had magical healing powers, suggested that maybe Silverwing had been healed in the process too. The very thought lifted her spirits. “You say you may need a guardian, maybe I can help that.”

Last edited by Monty on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:41 pm

As soon as Kagan was settled on the bay, Armeno flicked its reins and twitched his heels into Velox's sides, throwing the reins over the bay's head and into Kagan's lap as he did so. The horses began to canter along quickly, fairly near a gallop. He heard Atleon's irritated shout echoing behind him. Armeno had seen a few shortcuts and backstreets on his way around the city before. About half of them were still empty, and a handful only had citizens sprinting through them on their way home. However, they needed more closer to the actual North Gate, and those had been nearer where the DDC were currently based.. He looked at Kagan.
'Well, that's all the ones I know about. I've never come here before; do you know of any others?' He noticed that Kagan really did look uncomfortable- he'd ignored the obvious discomfort before, but now he frowned and continued,
'And you don't look particularly at home in the saddle- do you ride much?' He didn't want to offend, but he was used to everyone he met being at least fairly proficient at riding.

Kumiko surveyed Static silently for a minute or so, slowing to keep next to Tamarisk and drawing to a halt after sixty seconds.
I like your attitude, she projected, mentally smiling. She then suddenly sat down and morphed into her human form, crouched on the ground. Straightening, she brushed down her clothes and then looked up at Static. She was wearing tight black trousers and red top- about as practical as she got. Flicking her hair back, she smiled.
'I have to say, you've got a most interesting horse there. But would you care to join me? I was planning on giving these humans a little something to think about.' A wicked smile spread across her face, before she raised an eyebrow. 'I'm sure you appreciate that I am not, of course, human at all. I just have a form similar to that of a human.' The three tails visible in her biped form twitched, and she waited for Static to answer, examining the woman. Her clothes, horse, the fact that her sword was away and her general demeanour interested Kumiko- this human was possibly more than just a swordswoman.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:32 pm

At any other time in any other place and with any other man speaking, Talos probably would have bristled at the words coming at him, thinking them nigh on ignorance. Even if the men rested for a hundred days they wouldn't find it any less challenging to go up against the massive infantry that currently faced them. They needed rest, aye, he couldn't argue that point, but they needed better weapons, better men, and a better plan than letting some draconic creature play in the sand. How could they even trust these two characters? They seemed to mean well, but meaning well and doing well were two different things and it was more than foolhardy to base your trust on appearances. For all they knew, these two could simply decided that being on the loosing side wasn't worth their time and crush them all, for if those displays of witchcraft had shown him anything, it was that those two dragon men certainly had the power to simply crush all of the DDC if they so wished. And, without any other mages of any caliber, they could get away with it completely unscathed.

The rest of it was all nonsense to him too. Nobody left to fight? Dooming all of Dragon's Cove? What of the other cities and the rest of the Defenders? Surely a defeat at Racksom would not convince everyone from here to the East coast that standing up for their homes was a bad idea. Furthermore, why choose now to stand and fight? Why couldn't now be that time when they decided to regroup and re-strategize? There was no honor in dying needlessly after all, and living to fight another day was sounding like a good option right about now.

All of these question rose to the surface of his weary mind, but he dared not voice them. Atleon seemed determined to throw them all at the fire and nothing he could say would sway the man. He closed his eyes and simply shook his head, rubbing his forehead as he did so. "Though strong of mind and skill and heart, I believist not in their battle art. A miracle I hope will come to be, though in this I fear 'tis not our destiny. May courage guide you true and strong, but be it on all our heads if you be wrong." The words left his lips seemingly of their own volition and for a second, Talos was worried that he had cast another hex without meaning to. It had certainly happened before and with devastating consequences… but he didn't feel the pull of magic and so relaxed a little. With a flap of his wings he was back with the infantry he had summoned and told them all to stand down for now. Though confused they all looked relieved and took seats with their backs against walls and carts or any other hard surface, dull conversation breaking out between the weary men. To the archers he gave a similar order, though he made sure that there was always someone on patrol to watch the streets from their rooftop vantage point and volunteered himself and a handful of other men for the first shift while they waited. The others rested, some of them even falling right to sleep.

As the morning progressed a deadly silence fell over the city, the light of the sun slowly but surely casting out the shadows of the night and with that light came the return of Talos' natural vision. In such a sleep-deprived state it was hard at first for him to realize that his sight was coming back, but eventually he could make out the details of the tower that held the legendary stone so far away from their position. He wondered where Tegan and Lyriyan had gotten off to and hoped that he could find them soon to thank them for their spell and let them know that they could release it now.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Alleyways, old streets, and scared citizens running for their lives. Honestly, there wasn't all that much here that could be much use to them at the moment, at least not here. And who said it was calming to ride a horse, because Kagan would really love to show them the bruises he would have surely had if he had more delicate skin, and the way it stretched his legs was just unholy, it was so wide. The word 'cowboy' would have come to mind, but sadly they didn't exist.
"To be honest, not often. They don't exactly make horses in my size." But more to the point: Kagan had been to Racksom on ocasion, business yo see, and of course his business wasn't always picking flowers for som happy couple. So he had to know some of the more private places in the town, and also a few routes in case his commisioners weren't exactly truthful with their rewards. If he had to hear another 'Your final reward' line again, he'd be sick. Wait, what was it that I was doing? Oh, right, shortcuts.
"Actually, I do know of a few. Follow me."

He led the way somewhat awkwardly to the Northern area of town, careful to keep out of sight whenever someone came by: Sides could change in a flash. All thoughout the way, he would occasionaly point out places of interest: a gap between houses just wide enough for a large man to squeeze through should he walk sideways, a dark alleyway that appeared to be a dead end, but had nearly inviible indentations that made it possible for one to climb up it, and so on. "How are these?" He asked after he pointed out a few, stopping. "Think they'll like them?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 am

Gorz sighed a bit, weilding his magic very expertly. Streaks of golden glow running and chaining to a few beings, seeming to revitalize them. Gorz definently took his healing seriously and strongly that was certain. He knew what he was doing. He had to know what he was doing, because he had to keep Kayoss from being completely flattened when he fought huge things that absolutely made no sense to fight. Yet Kayoss loved leaping into such. But Gorz watched Sandy go.... He had a feeling thered be words ebtween Kayoss and her later. He hoped they werent hostile ones. She looke dlike she could be pretty fiery of course, and Gorz didn't want troubles with humans ready to heal Kayoss through. Besides... even Gorz couldnt heal Kayoss through the wrath of the monster known as Woman.

Kayoss himself grunted, hearing Talos. e bit his tongue too. Oh there were a good few retorts on his tongue for the little bird-man speaking such angry words. This bird obviously knew so little about war he might as well go stand naked in front of the gates. How did this guy start leading them anyway? but Kayoss wasn't going to down him. If he was a good leader then so be it. Kayoss himself hated most eladers though. But hearing Atleon, the human quickly became a complete exception to that. "Nah, I prefer a trowel and a spork." He growled simply. But he chuckled... the wood brought to him whirred and splintered mostly, some boarded against some of the now quite large structures of light stone that Kayoss had formed. Ballistas formed, complete with huge arrowes. Catapults with boulders... even a big, stone golem stood in the center. Some chaos-imbued stone fighters stood near the new war machines, clearly guarding them. "Heh, feast your eyes. One more thing though..." He continued to form stuff. Making severalbig vats. Then he formed the oils for them... which filled them up. Also a big cauldron sat to the side, this one was heavily guarded. "Dont mess with that. No one touch that." Kayoss said, pointing to it. Well it was filled with Napalm.... Thus, no one should mess with it, for obvious reasons. "Now should we do war? Though playin in the sand sounds a better idea to me, wheres that shovel?" He asked with a grin too...

Xavien was motionless and quiet where he sat. He let them work on Siofra, not at all going to leave while they did though. The only one who did ask him got quite a kick between the legs. No... Xavien was there for the long haul. His eyes flashed as she screamed though. But seeing it was only the arrow he slowly relaxed again. This place had him on edge. He wasnt used to being in crowds, and well this palce was crowded. He only liked crowds if he was hiding in such. In this case, he was not. He was very noticeable and well, almost unarmed for the moment. His bade enar him but well, he was in an infirmiry. To him, brandishing weapons in such a palce was extremely dishonorable. Thus he was not going to mess with his blade or anything until out of there simply. But damnit he hoped she was alright. He didnt too much care for himself for this, he wanted her to be fine. So he could get her away from this insane place...
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:32 am

It was quite a while before Sifora woke again, the healers having finished their incredible work quite some time ago. She had no idea what exactly it was they had done but she felt way better than she had for hours. The wound didn’t hurt or itch, though it tingled a little from the healing process the magi had started and which seemed to be moving at a curiously quick pace. So, they had indeed a bit more magic in their hands than the half-elf had believed, but it was not really a surprise. She should have known that Zartear had a few more aces up his sleeves than he might even let his closest commanders know.

Feeling a familiar presence next to her, she opened her eyes only to stare into Xavien’s worried face. A feeling of warmth rushed through her at this, and she tentatively smiled at him, glad he was there. Not daring to move her body just yet, she only extended a hand towards his face. “Thank you for staying,” she said softly. He did not have to do this, but at the same time she knew that he would not have wanted it any other way. It made her marvel at the strength of their bond without them ever having even properly expressed their feelings for each other, even though they had let their intentions slip into their words earlier, not to mention even kissed. And suddenly, this thought made her long for it, wanting to feel and taste his lips, but of course she did not act on it.

”Hmm… a spork,” Atleon mused, “I might be able to arrange that.” His face was absolutely deadpan, as if he was just as serious about this as Kayoss. He couldn’t help but wonder however at the new allies, wonder why it was that he felt so absolutely certain about their intentions and the fact that he could indeed trust them to not turn on the defenders. He had always been good with knowing which people to trust and which not, with the odd exception once in a while, but it still surprised him from time to time. He raised an eyebrow however at the avian’s rhyming words, surprise this time plainly visible on his face. It had almost sounded like a threat even if the tone of voice had not suggested this. His curiosity about this avian was growing all the more, the longer they remained in each other’s presence. Stubborn he might be and maybe not a war leader, but there was something about that winged one..

He did not have time to think about this any further however as Talos took off and Sandy suddenly stepped up. He was glad to see her well and his eyes quickly searched for Gorz, a look of appreciation on his face, before he turned his focus back on the girl in front of him. “There’s no need to apologise for anything that has happened. It is all in the past and Vitreasa could not have come into the Surselea any way. It was the best choice to go tend to her business and alert the other guardian dragons.” At least, he assumed that was the business Sandy was referring to, and suddenly it dawned on him where he might know her from even though they had never properly met. She was.. and just as he figured it out, she made her offer. Grinning, Atleon replied: “Well, that is hardly something I can refuse. If you can bring your guardian dragon back into the battle, the defenders’ spirits would be lifted and filled with new vigor. Please do whatever you can,” he added with a respectful nod before turning back to Kayoss. The materials he was building were incredible and it was quite fascinating to watch if the time for such was present. “I thought you didn’t want a shovel,” he replied with a raised eyebrow, already making for calling a man over to go get a shovel, when a few of the scouts he had sent out were hurrying back with quick reports of the current situation. Looking at Kayoss, he inclined his head. “I think the time is almost right.” Time had passed very quickly with all the organisation and talking to various people, though he was glad the men got a little rest to loosen up their limbs a little, standing down from constant ready stances. The time was soon upon them however and the different troops and to be readied again now with the early morning hours. Turning towards his newly appointed commanders, and giving a wave to Talos who was further away, he called out: “Prepare your men!”

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Rilos didn’t pay much attention to what was happening around him as Kagan leapt off his back, bust trying to help the goblin dismount without making his leg twinge too much. As it was, when he looked up to the rooftops again, Talos had left with the other female avian, and so had the dragon and rider pair.

He stuttered a reply of thanks as Kagan expressed his concern, watching him as he dashed away, diverted from the heavy talks of war by the goblin’s complete irrelevancy to everything else. Stuff seemed to be going on all over the place, now that the leaders of the defenders had all finally met, and Rilos was right in the middle of it all!

When the strange draconic man looked at Atleon on his back, he got to have a close look at him. He certainly was very strange (Rilos wasn’t sure if he met him in any other circumstances, he would talk to him), but when he started healing those around with a strange blue glowing magic, he shifted forwards, hoping there was enough magic to heal his hurt as well.

As Gorz turned his magic on him, he felt it buzz under his scales, and the throbbing receded from his leg. The scales weren’t quite as pretty as before, some bent and others broken off, but they would do. He tried his weight on it, giving the dragonic man a grin as it held his weight. Well, that was one thing off his mind.

Rilos had once again been distracted by being healed, and missed what Atleon had been saying in the meanwhile. He snapped back to attention as the prince gave him a set of instructions.
“Sure, I can take a look over the city.” he replied as the man clambered down his side. He backed up and clawed at the ground, his wings by his sides for the moment- There wasn’t enough room to take off with the street filled with horses and people. He waited till Kagan had ridden off on some mission of his own- scouting, wasn’t it?- then flared his spines at the nearest horses, making them bolt off down the road. It probably wasn’t much help for those humans that would come to need them, but he needed space to take off.

He crouched low for a moment, flaring his wings before shooting upwards into the sky again. He climbed steeply, his wings beating the air, before levelling off to coast high up in the sky. It was cooler than down in the streets, where the buildings clustered close together, but lighter too- the dawning of the morning was soon to come around. He didn’t know if that was a good thing or not- it would make Kagan’s job harder, sneaking around the back streets of the city, but his easier, he could spot the forces of the two armies moving through the city streets with ease. And maybe he could find this elusive guardian dragon from a height too- if it couldn’t be seen from the ground, maybe it could be seen from the air?

Static pulled Tamarisk to a halt too, keeping the horse in check as he panted for breath. He might not take a liking to the strange creature that was before them. It was fox shaped, but as she watched, it suddenly sat down and… morphed… into a human- Or something close to a human.
“That’s quite a party trick you’ve got there.” She commented dryly. At the thought of getting some revenge though, a smile spread across her lips. Her ribs pained her with every breath, and she was so ready for someone else to be hurting too.
“Sounds like a plan. But if we’re going out hunting, I think I might need some more patching up than I’ve got at the moment.” It was a gamble, but she pulled her cloak back to reveal the stained fabric of her shirt. “How about heading for a blacksmith and getting some armour first?” Of course, it wouldn’t fix her broken ribs, there was little that could be done about that until she got to someone with healing magic. At least new armour would protect her from further damage. “Then we can take out whoever we like---“ she realised she didn’t know the fox-like woman’s name. She left her words hanging, hoping she might volunteer the information.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:42 pm

'I see your point,' smiled the elf. 'Maybe you should try a donkey?' Armeno later nodded approvingly as Kagan took him through the backstreets and nooks.
'These should do well. Come on, we should get back before anyone becomes... Impatient.' With a slight aid, Velox leapt through the streets, the bay following. They reached Atleon again soon enough, and Armeno made a brief outlining report.
'... We can show you soem as we pass them,' he finished, watching the leader and gauging his reaction. 'Excuse me, but when were you thinking of launching our attack?' From the prince's impatience with scouts, he assumed that they weren't delaying any more than necessary.

Kumiko smirked.
'Party trick... Not had it phrased like that before.' But as Static pulled the cloak aside, one of the coppery eyebrows arched.
'That's quite a wound you've got there.' Kumiko stepped swiftly in with a fluid movement. 'I suppose you do need something,' she sighed. 'You humans are so damagable... But I would think from your confidence you can do more than a few sword tricks?' The demon was clearly not going anywhere until she ahd the desired information, but at Static's prompthing expression, she added something.
'Oh, I'm sorry, I never introduced myself, did I?' she said with a sweet smile. 'I'm Kumiko, and a kitsune. I would say at your service, but...' Here she shrugged, hands spread to either side. 'I'm not.' The grin now was more sinister, and a malevolent glint flashed in Kumiko's eyes as she regared Static.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Static pulled at Tamarisk’s reins as Kumiko stepped forwards, making him stutter backwards with a snort. She gave a frown, tugging her cloak back over her body again, turning the horse so that her other side was closest to Kumiko. There was no telling what the kitsune (whatever that was) would do, and Static wasn’t quite into trusting people off like that. Especially when Kumiko seemed to switch from emotions so quickly, from being hostile, to now- openly friendly? Or, maybe not, as she caught a flash of spite behind her innocent smile.
“Well, don’t expect service back.” she said bluntly. Honour amongst rogues and all that, she would rather just stick to protecting herself, and if a team-up helped her along the way, well then, that was nice enough for her. “For all I know, you’re as likely to stab me in the back as protect it.” There was no point in keeping up some charade with this girl- She was powerful enough as it was than to let her think that her charming words had won her over. “And yes, much more than sword tricks. But you’ll just have to wait to find out about those.” She gave a sly smile- She wasn’t going to give away all her secrets without learning a few of the kitsune’s in return.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Kumiko laughed loudly, teeth glinting in the new light.
'You're completely right there,' she admitted freely. 'And I think you'll have to wait to know quite what I am and what I can do, too.' She hummed, twirling away down a nearby street where a Surahnian stood. It wasn't clear what he was doing, but Kumiko didn't care much as she lightly padded up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder. He spun, sword out, to see her gazing up at him with wide eyes. He blinked a couple of times, then stammered,
'C-can I help you, miss?' Kumiko smiled a little.
'Oh, yes,' she said sincerely, and swung her knee up hard. The man crumpled, white, and she quickly stripped him of weapons and armour. She handed Static the armour, and gave his sword a few flicks before dismissing it and whipping out a pair of katanas- stereotyped, but she liked them. They conveniently came under the clothing spell as long as they were sheathed on her belt, and she twirled them expertly before turning impatiently to Static.
'Ready yet?' she demanded.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 pm

Static blinked in surprise as Kumiko suddenly left the conversation completely, walking past her down the road back into Racksom. She turned Tamarisk around to follow her, peering around the edge of the gatehouse before urging him back into the city after her. She frowned as she saw her walking casually up to a man standing in the road, speak to him briefly, then kick him hard, sending him crumpling to a pile on the ground. She quashed a laugh, the events seeming amusing amongst so much seriousness.

She urged Tamarisk into a quick walk, not wanting to try a trot again. That had been painful the last time. Kumiko had already stripped him of his armour- so that was her plan, she hadn’t thought of taking armour from someone still alive, dead maybe- she juggled the various pieces of metal in her hands, discarding the helm over her shoulder. It clattered on the ground behind her, but she took no notice, holding up the main part of the armour and looking at it critically. It was too big, and made of chain mail, not what she preferred, or was accustomed to, but it would have to do. She pulled her cloak off, dropping it onto Tamarisk’s back behind her before pulling the mail over her head, giving a squawk of pain as it scratched against her side. It fell down to below her waist, and down to her elbows instead of halfway down her arms, but it would do.
“Almost.” she said in reply to Kumiko’s impatient question, picking up her cloak again and slipping it on over the top of the mail. It was different, but it would certainly do.
“Okay, let’s go raid.”

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:52 am

"Finally…" Talos muttered upon hearing the order to rally arms. He stretched, shoulders cracking and body groaning for lack of rest. He had snatched a few moments to doze after the first hour shift of patrolling the roofs was over, but it wasn't nearly enough. The crash after an adrenalin high was a hard thing to overcome, and he knew very well that they were going to have a rough time of it trying to get over that crash until they were literally thrust into battle. They sky was lighter now, and so his vision was better, which made his mood better slightly. At least now he could be a true asset, an eyes in the sky to pull information on the enemy from which could only help given their lack of knowledge on the enemy forces at the moment. The scouts were lagging at best, which was to be expected. Talos doubted very greatly if they actually had anyone who was a trained scout or a ranger of some sort at their disposal given the below-average quality of the arms that had been presented. But just like before, they would somehow make due with what they had.

Flaring his wings brought back the pain and reminded him that he had two holes in the dark membranes as well as a burned wingtip. Growling back the pain, he gestured to one of the archers on duty and told him to go wake the others. The man made a sloppy salute and headed off to do just that and Talos turned, descending on the street to get the infantry up and their blood circulating. Those with armor probably needed it most, so while they were getting themselves together he glided over to where Atleon was running things and dropped the last few feet a respectful distance away. "What do we know 'bout the enemy?" He asked without preambled, slinging his bow off of his shoulder in order to have it at the ready. "If the scouts aren't back with anything of use, I could take a peek at what's going on. The dawn light has brought back my eyes." Wait, that statement would need explaining, wouldn't it? "Or, well, made them better, I should say." He amended quickly, hoping that Atleon wouldn't inquire into the matter further. It wasn't something that he really had the patience to explain at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:37 am

Kayoss kept his face quite serious as he heard Atleon speak. Oh it was amusing and highly to hear a prince of this planet, already making such jokes with him. This Atleon was going to be a damn good friend or more was he not? Kaoss growled, flicking his tail though. Seeing the shovel brought to him and yes... a Spork. Kayoss grinned and looked them both over. Befor ehis magic penetrated both. The shovels' edges sharpened and strengthened. The spork however, he jsut made the rivets at its end sharpened and the spork itself hardened. He grinned, his weaponly on his back vanished for the moment. He sheathed the shovel back there instead. "Ill show you how to really use these things." He chuckled. Not kidding either, he was going to weidl them right in the battle.

Gorz rolled his eyes in exasperation. Hardly able to believe what his reckless friend was going to do. But it was normal for him to do such things. Though Kayoss turned to Gorz. "you gonna be with me bud?" He asked. gorz gave a nod. "Of course mon, how could I not be?" He asked. Kayoss grinned, seeing everyone gathering up. He jumped to the front of thign shimself. "Oh this shall be highly entertaining. But give a second ebfore we charge. LEts le tthem taste what is gonna ahppen...." He said with a grin. His eyes flashed, and the stone beings at two of the catapults moved suddenly. They placed a huge, strange boulder in both of the launchers. Then the catapults tensed back....An odd strand stopped each too. for about 5 seconds.... Then Kayoss roared.... a roar that could be heard easily, probably by even the Surahnians. "SUNDER THEM IN TWO! LET YOUR HEART BOLSTER YOUR STRENGTH!" He roared... the waves of sound seemed to spread through them. Well Kevv was not the only one who could bolster an army. Kayoss buffed them as well. Givign them strength and speed and reflexes.... Once he ddi that, the two Catapults released their burden too. Flinging the huge boulders into the city. Kayoss knew he was right in his aaim for them. Those two boulders should land right in the midst of where the Surahnians mostly were at right then. "Playtimes over...." He snarled... Ready to show these humans how war was done... gorz stood behin his friend. Thinking of good places to shelter himself and heal....

----------------

Xavien was tense and taut. He just asat there with her, refusing still to move to anywhere else. He wanted to be nowhere else... it had taken him months to make his way to her even, so long to find ehr once more, after escaping his Father... He did not plan on elaving her again. Not ever, if he could help it. He had to wonder somewhat if this was right. Should he have made this mvoe? though he could not see why he should not have. He loved someoen there, after all. He had a way to be with her now and not interrupt her cause. Plus he could help defeat someone insane. Slowly but surely, things would fall into place now. He expected rocky sides along the way, but over all? He thought this would go good.

Although those thoughts diminished quickly when he saw siofra wake... He would admit he had been very concerned when he had brought ehr there. Though now that concern was very alleviated. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." He told ehr simply. "I came here for you. Im not leaving until...well... Im not leaving." He said simply. "I am staying with you." He told her simply. Not really giving a choice on that. He wanted her in his arms, wanted to just take her away from this madness. but he couldnt just pick her up yet. she was injured and unfit for travel just yet.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:13 am

Her smile broadened somewhat at his words, her eyes glowing. She knew, deep down, that he actually meant what he said and it made her feel good. Never had she thought someone would ever say things like that to her or that someone even wanted to be with her. Her heart skipped a beat when he said he wasn’t going to leave, because, frankly, it was something she was afraid of, even though she would not admit it. She had feared that even if he found her again, he would have to leave and saying that he was going to stay was just.. She couldn’t put it into words however, not chocked up as she was starting to be once more, so she simply followed through her movement and lightly put her hand on his cheek, softly caressing it like she had done that time at his place.

Though she quickly removed it again and put both her hands on the material underneath her, making to lift herself up. She was half-expecting a magi to come running any second and scolding her for doing this, but the time to be idle was over and she had been so very emotional these past few hours, she simply had to prove to herself that she could go on, and now was as good a time as ever. She would have to get up eventually, and it was already healing, so she might as well give it a go straight away. There were things that needed doing. She purposefully did not look at Xavien, trying to turn away her face, though that was quite impossible with the way they were positioned, but she did not want him to see the strain in her face. Bolts of pain were shooting up and down her side and she was wondering whether this really had been a good idea, but now she had started it, she was going to see it through. She was going to get up, one way or another.

Xaoc circled the woods not too far away from Racksom, suddenly very angry. The battlefield had gone cold and it was the only true calling Xaoc ever heard, the call to satisfy his craving for blood and destruction, but there was something about this battle that was still keeping him on edge, even though he was now further away from it and had actually already turned his back on it. No, it was not the guardian dragon, though he would have to deal with that fiend sooner or later again. It was this creature… this mere human who had thought he could bring upon him the glory of the tribal battleblood. Xaoc could still taste that presence in his mouth and it made him all the angrier. Such a little nothing and it was preoccupying him this much. It was then that Xaoc decided he could not let it rest, even if he had wanted to do – though he would not pass on an opportunity for bloodshed – he could not, not now. Why had this even clouded his mind this much? Why had he not killed them all on the spot and only spared the one he wanted. At least until he had gotten what he wanted. Roaring in fury, Xaoc turned around and sped back towards Racksom. He was going to seek them out once more, he was not going to let him slip away. No.

At the same time, he heard a roar from the city, a roar that suggested a dragon going into battle and many hearts stirring along with it. They had taken up the battle again! Xaoc was growing excited about this. So, he did have something more to look forward to after all, despite having to deal with minor beings that did not even deserve his presence but were only good for being killed, and not even that was satisfactory with humans. Rushing on, the call to arms once more fueled his emotions, his blood red eyes gleaming in the rising sun. He knew where he was going and he quickly found the group he had circled earlier. Growling, he descended closer, frantically now searching for the one he wanted, who did not seem to be there anymore. Though there were a few others that had been there. Starting towards the darkest looking of them, a man astride a horse and clad in black armour with a bout of authority around him, Xaoc decided this one might just be worthy to be addressed. “Where is he?” he growled, as he spiralled downwards some more, his large body not permitting him to land, not even permitting him to get close enough to them without ripping apart every single building on the way – which might just as well be for their own good. “The one with the dragon blood? Bring him to me now!” The tribal battleblood’s tone did not leave room for outcomes other than bringing the one he wanted to him or being killed for failing to comply. His wings kept batting away as he hovered over the group, the few flames in proximity gathering strength again by it and glowing more fiercely, searching for more things that could be devoured. Small stones and other material began to tumble under the force of the wind produced by Xaoc’s large body, though it was all just an inkling towards what he could really do, which they had all found out by now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)
Page 9 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next