Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)

Go down 
+8
Nyx
lastinginthenight
Echo
Taj
Tegan
Artemis
Aero
Zay
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:12 am

Akira turned her left arm into the arrows coming her way knowing there was no way she could avoid all of them while avoiding the soldiers around her with a thunk one arrow lodged itself between the joints of her metal arm and the other in her leg. She grimaced in pain swinging both of her blades around her trying to get the soldiers away from her so she could take care of her wounds, unfortunately with Mizu occupied it did not work. She growled and limped away from the fight. "Mizu! Help!" She shouted as loud as she could giving Talos a quick glare though she understood why he did what he had, who wouldn't.

Mizu snarled as he just barely heard Akira call for help, "I can't deal with you right now!" He shouted at Kono who snapped at his shoulder. Mizu growled as the dragons teeth grazed his shoulder. That was when Mizu spotted a bolt whizzing through the air behind Kono. With a grimace he maneuvered himself so that Kono unknowingly flew in the path of the bolt.

Kono screeched as the bolt lodged itself into his back, missing his spine to lodge itself in his rib cage. With that he crumpled in the air managing to safely tuck his wings in just before he slammed into the earth below. Mizu took this chance to fly away and back up akira as they quickly retreated, but not before akira made use of the paper transmutation circle causing an explosion which brought a building to the ground on top of a few of the soldiers though many got away in time. But that wasn't exactly what Akira cared about, the arrows in her leg and metal arm made it impossible to fight well, which meant it was most likely time to make their own retreat.

(akira Mizu- 10H?)

Kono gasped heavily, he grimaced in pain as he slowly brought himself to his feet. "That bolt probably caused a lot of damage." He mumbled to himself. He let out a stream of fire across one of the major roads behind the retreating DDC army. It wasn't much but he hoped that it would at least stall the Approaching rebels. Bleary eyed he took to the sky breathing heavily every time he beat his wings, but he couldn't stop yet. Only once the soldiers were out could he rest. He took the chance to look higher into the sky and he couldn't help but feel betrayed as the guardian dragon left the scene. He figured the guardian had their own reasons, but still, it just bothered him.

(Kono L4ish by now i think)
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:08 am

Kagan turn ed to face the forgerys door and griined, his plan twinkling in his eyes as he answered Rilos. "Don't worry, you're going to love it. Well, after I'm done you will." Grinning like a devil, Kagan pused ope n the door and strode inside, his actions now lost to Rilos as he shut the door. Now, let's get to business. First of all, lights... thre were flint stones behind the counter, and a few torches lining the walls. Fetching the stons and lighting the torches, Kagan could get a better view of his new workplace:The forgery itself wasn't ver grand, only equipped to craft simple things like gardening tools and basic weapons, but it would have to do. There we re all the tools he'd need, hammer, tongs and the like, next to the actual forge, which thankfully was already full of coal. And, should that supply run out, there was a veritable mountain of it in the back corner. "Perfect." He mumbled, cackling and searching for... found it!

A few minutes later, Kagan emerged from the building, a bundle covered in a dirty brown tarp in his arms. "Listen buddy, we need to get you fixed up. Luvkily..." He dumped the load onto the ground, and the contents spilled out: a long length of chains, a meter-long cloth ruler, and a piece of charcoal. "We're gonna patch you up good'n proper, metal style.You up fer it?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Kagan’s eagerness at whatever he had planned made Rilos feel a little apprehensive, considering they were outside a blacksmith’s, but he just had to trust the goblin- there wasn’t anyone else around that was going to help. He kept an eye out on the street as he disappeared inside, out of his view, hoping that nobody else was going to bump into them- Although it was unlikely, they were far away from where he could hear battles raging in other parts of the city. He felt a little guilty about not going to find Atleon and report what he had seen on his fight earlier over the city, but of course, there was no way he could find the man downed in the street like this, and things had probably moved on from where they had been before.

He looked back at Kagan as he re-emerged, eyeing his armful curiously. Certainly didn’t look like he was carrying bandages and cream to stick him back together again… Indeed, it was a very strange load he was carrying. Chain? What was that for?
“Can try, ‘though I didn’t think you used metal for bandages.” he mumbled, cracking a wry smile. “Jus’ don’t break any more of me.”

(F3)
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 am

Seeing the girl retreat was good enough for him, and without wasting another second, he grabbed a man who had fallen by his arm, hauled him to his feet, and quickly took off into the shadow of the nearest building, hoping to avoid arrows and the wrath of the enemy dragon that seemed hell-bent on destroying everything in the immediate vicinity. He didn't see Atleon or Lotharia, having lost sight of the two after his mad dash to make for safety.

"Lotharia?" He called out with his mind, hoping to contact the bright pink dragon that way. He was running with a small band of foot soldiers, most of them having dropped their farm-tools-made-into-weapons when they saw the Tribal coming their way. "Where are you and the Prince? I'm running through the market." The empty stalls of the normally bustling market were much easier to run through than the winding streets, the entirety of the plaza laid out on a grid format, though the cover from aerial eyes was significantly less than the close quarters of the streets.

(K4 heading to L5)
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:56 am

Lotharia was not able to wait for a response from Atleon, hearing another voice in her head which she knew as Talos. "From when I saw you in the air, I believe we are south to you. I...fear this dark dragon so I fled from it." For the first time, Lotharia sounded slightly defeated compared to her normally compassionate and comforting tone. Everyone had something they feared and this was certainly one of hers. "There is hardly anyone here so I will stay put... She squinted looking at a sign near a building she was at. "This sign says...foaming mug?" There was a confused tone to her voice now, not understanding the name of the building but gave the message anyway.

~*~*~*~

The rider that was holding Lena had bolted at the sight of the Tribal Battle Blood and was making his way recklessly down streets, trying to get to the underground tunnels. As he turned a corner however, his horse was viciously attacked by a soldier and went toppling to his side and getting crushed under the horse. Lena was thrown from the horse, landing roughly on her side as the man took in one sharp gasp before blood filled his lungs from the crushed ribs puncturing them.

Lena more than likely would not have woken had it not been for being thrown off the horse and she groaned as consciousness returned to her. It was rather chaotic, and it took her a few moments to remember why is was she was not in the air. Shooting up into a sitting position Lena realized she did not see Talos around her. "Talos!" She called out, looking around wildly. The man who had stabbed the horse advanced on Lena and she rolled to the side avoiding being stabbed. She had no energy, her head was throbbing and she felt oddly sick but she had to keep moving. Bringing her legs up, Lena kicked the man in the crotch and watched as the man went down. She grabbed his sword and stabbing him in the back, getting herself to her feat.

There was one thing on Lena's mind and that was finding Talos. She snapped open her wings and took to the skies, scanning the ground below her and the skies in front of her. What happened in the few short moments though nearly gave Lena a heart attack. She saw Talos running among the streets and her heart jumped in relief what changed it all was the sight of the Tribal Battle blood. How could she have not seen it before?! Not wanting to be a target in the air, she flew low and fast heading in the direction Talos had been running, putting a hand to her mouth as she felt as if she were going to be sick. Now honestly wasn't the time.

As she saw the group of Talos' men coming up she flew lower and then hit the ground running, catching up to him and running along side him. She felt sick and tired, but she would stay by his side...where ever it was he was frantically running to. "I'm okay for now." She wanted to get that out of the way before she was shooed from his side to find somewhere safer.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:09 am

Foaming mug? For a moment Talos had no idea what Lotharia was talking about, then suddenly it clicked and he realized that she was near the tavern much farther south and west of where he was right now. It would take a while for him to cover the distance if he wanted to rendezvous with the Prince, which was looking to be a less likely option now. "It's alright Lotharia, just get Atleon to safety. I'm with some other soldiers and we're running for the gates-" His stream of thought was suddenly disrupted when a pair of familiar white wings caught his peripheral vision, and he looked over his shoulder quickly to see Lena descending on their group. "Lena! What are you doing here?!" He expected her to be passed out in a saddle still, or at least closer to the gate than this. "And you look anything but okay." He retorted bluntly, continuing to run, though at a more manageable pace for the farmers that were running along close behind him. The market was ending now, a wall of buildings that made up the perimeter and main-road ring looming large in his line of sight. A gap between the buildings indicated the large street that would eventually get them to the East Gate and out of Racksom.

(L4 heading to L5)
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 am

Lotharia dipped her head low, but took Talos' comment that it was alright to actually be alright. She had left those people, left them back where they could be getting killed. She moved a bit agitated as she waited in the area for Talos to catch up to them and looked back to Atleon. She could feel his unease, it was almost pouring off the man but this had to be done.

(I5)
~*~*~*~

"Sadly it seems that my ride seemed to have failed me." She left the details out, not wanting to further explain and hoping what she was would be good enough for him for now. At his comment that she did not look so good Lena probably could not disagree. Whether she should or not doesn't mean she was going to, for a long while she had been fighting along side Talos been his partner and it wasn't going to change now. She turned her head for a moment, suppressing another urge to get sick and taking a few gulps to push it down. Had she lost too much blood? She shook her head turning to Talos. "It better that I be here with you than looking for you." She commented, knowing she would have continued to look if she had not found him on her first flight up.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 am

""Mm, not usually." He said, shrugging and poking at a small cut at his cheek, recently made. "But don't worry, this'll be more than wrappings. When this is over," Kagan took the ruler and snapped it strait. "you'll be a new dragon. Heheheh"

Kagan walked around Rilos to his hurt back leg and went to work, measuring the length of the wound and the distance arond it. Hemming and hawing over the data, he began to talk. "I'm not like most metalsmiths." He commented, walking around and measuring the dragons other leg. "Le's just say... I'm faster at working metal than most guys are, thanks to my clans, ah, 'ability." Data gathered and memorized, Kagan clambered up Rilos' back and looked over his wings, poking the bony frame where it was damaged. "Oh boy, you've been working hard to break yerself, haven't ya?" Kagan hopped off and landed squarely on the ground, then walked up to Rilos' face and recoiled slightly, turned off by the burns and blood. "Oh boy, n'I thought you needed a mask before... anyways, I think I'm done. Y'ready?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Atleon cursed at the sight of the enormous black dragon coming closer and closer, though it was not the dragon itself that attacked them but rather the body of a dying dragon that came down on them. However, just at the last second, a powerful blast flung the threat away from them. Saved at the last moment by Silverwing! The prince’s eyes, just like probably everyone else’s, followed the guardian dragon as the silver wings carried it further and further away from the battle. He didn’t want to admit it, but Atleon did feel the sting of what this meant for them. “Yes, let’s go back,” Atleon told the dragon beneath him, trying to soothe her by gently patting her neck. She probably knew what he was feeling but he didn’t want to openly state that the fact of having to watch the guardian fly away had almost made him lose hope. “We need to find Armeno and as many others as we can.”

The tribal battleblood remained ignorant about the many thoughts that were running through the heads of the people and animals down below him, his eyes only focused on a couple of other dragons that were flying around. After he had gotten rid of the dragon in his claws, he turned around to face a flying human and he was about to swallow the avian whole when suddenly a blast of energy erupted not far away from him and his earlier prey was slammed into a building. Xaoc’s eyes immediately caught sight of the guardian dragon and he roared in fury, already making to tear after his foe but thought better of it. Silverwing was already fleeing and Xaoc had so much easier prey to look forward to. The avian in the meantime had dropped away from the black dragon and Xaoc didn’t give it a second glance as he beat his huge wings to quickly catch up with a third dragon he was clearly planning on killing within seconds. It was the blood he was after, the satisfaction of the kill, not a fight.

“The entrance to one of the tunnels shouldn’t be too far off in a street here, an inconspicuous looking entrance to the canals. If you could please tell Talos that he should the hell get his men into there…,” the prince was beginning to lose patience with the many people doing whatever they felt was necessary without considering consequences of their actions, it was putting them into more danger than necessary, which was something Atleon had wanted to avoid. A formed attack was something, but scattered single attacks like they were carrying out now was only going to cause more pain then necessary. Half the people he had seen earlier, he couldn’t even account for anymore and he could only hope that at least some were smart enough not to try and play the hero. “Don’t worry,” Atleon said, patting the dragon once more, “we’ll be fine. Each and everyone of us will be fine.” He had to keep telling himself this as well otherwise he might just scream out in anger now at everything that had gone wrong. If only from the very first moment people had listened, from the moment he had left Racksom to investigate the happenings in Quinsilla, but no, that would have been too easy. And now look at what is going on here, just look at what we have lost. Atleon’s mood grew darker by the second and he was getting edgier by the second. “If Talos doesn’t show up here, tell him to get into that tunnel! They have to get out of sight, NOW! The tribal will only be occupied with dragons up in the air for so long, he WILL come after us, and he does not care whether the stones of the buildings hurt him on his way to his prey.”

Siofra lightly inclined her head to Zartear. “Xavien,” she motioned towards the now human-appearing demon by her side, “and me have secured these documents from one of the towers in the centre of Racksom. I knew that the royal family and the leaders of the city were keeping them there for a case of emergency which they thought would never come anyway, hence why it was so easy to retrieve them. There are special maps of Racksom and other cities, and a few other parchments; we thought might be useful for you.” There wasn’t much else to be said, and she was fairly certain he was not even remotely interested in their exact proceedings, thus she left out those parts. Her eyes however regularly swept back to the tribal battleblood until the beast lifted itself away and immediately tore into a dragon, leaving behind only a bloody shell of a once great dragon. It didn’t escape her gaze either that Zartear seemingly didn’t like Xavien and that he kept a sharp eye on the man by her side, but she did not react to this in any way. It was his good right to not like him as long as Zartear did not start questioning loyalties.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Kagan’s talk of Rilos being “a new dragon” was a worrying prospect, but surely the goblin couldn’t be planning anything too big, being in a battle and all… could he? As the goblin set to work, doing whatever he was doing, he rested his eyes, feeling the strain of his battle against Arasolra take its toll. Gods, he hurt all over. Kagan’s prattling was a comforting murmur behind him, and it felt quite good to know he actually had someone on his side.

It didn’t feel quite so good when he started poking at his wounds, and he flinched, whimpering. “Hey, watch where you’re poking!” He shuffled his broken wing away from Kagan’s prying fingers, which probably wouldn’t help, but it hurt like hellfire.

He shuffled his head slightly as Kagan’s voice suddenly grew as he moved closer, working out where the goblin was through hearing.
“Oh thanks. Is really that bad?” he mumbled. Well, he supposed he must look pretty messed up, taking such a direct hit… He gave a sigh, opening his good eye again. “Okay, fix me up.”
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Kagan smilled and patted Rilos on his good cheek. "Okay then, you stary here. Dun' move, now!" Kagan turned away and strode back into the forgery, shutting the door and grinning slyly. He had never made armor for a dragon before, much less an injured one. This was going to be... interesting.

But first, he needed something to work with. Kagan scoured the building, taking all of the metal he could find: weapons, human armor, steel bars, farmers tools, even the tools for working the forge. He would definently need every shaving. Every time he got an armful, or was carrying his weight limit, Kagan would kick the door open and dump his finds on the floor a few feet from Rilos' side, a satsfying clatter sounding whever he dropped his load. Soon, he had a huge pile, and when he dropped the last of his finds, a pair of gauntlets and a boot, he had compiled a veritable hill of iron and steel. He appraised the pile with a scary eagerness then, deeming it sufficient, he walked back to face Rilos. "Now, I'm not promisin' zero pain." He began. "But you'll definently feel better when this's over, believe me." He cracked his knuckles, walked to Rilos' bad leg, and gave it a pat. "We'll start here." He announced, took a few steps back, then sat, crossing his legs. Kagan memorized Rilos' broken body, mainly his wounded leg, then closed his eyes. He sat there for a minute, doing nothing but clearing his mind, then raised a hand towards the pile of metal. "Ygg'dreidich." He mumbled, and the spectacle began: from his hand shot a winding silver tendril that slunk its way to the metal pile, its belly dragging on the ground, and wound around a pile of metal. "Stick your leg out, please." He said to Rilos, the continued without checking to see if his instructions were followed. He'd have to trust him, he couldn't break his concentration for even a second. Kagan waved his outstretched hand and pointed at Rilos' leg, and the tendril followed, now holdng up a shifting mass of metal that began to liquify and bubble. Once the metal mass was near Rilos' leg, Kagan offered one final piece of advice. "Hold on to your hat." And with that, the metal atacked Rilos' leg.

Well, 'attacked' isn't really the right word. More 'assaulted.' The metal pushed against Rilos' leg, giving off a lukewarm heat, and began molding around his scales, pushing the gaping wounds closed as it did. Tendrils wove around his leg and grew, stretching over his leg and growing more intricate as they did with spikes, bends and curves that suited where they were. This went on for five minutes or so, and all the while Kagan was holding his hands up and controlling the metal, his face contorted and sweaty from concentration. Then, after what felt like hours, the deed was done, and Kagan finally cracked an eye opened and surveyed his work: Not only did the metal cover the wound, but now Rilos' entire leg was suited up in iron armor thatwas crafted in a way that wouldn't hinder the legs movement in the slightest. "T-try that." Kagan forced out, breathing heavily.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Sandy’s sword hadn’t connected with many Surahnians lately after the call for a complete retreat. Instead, she had stayed towards the back of any soldiers, running to wherever they had been told to go. Beads of sweat were beginning to form once more on her brow as she began running too. Going as fast as she could, she maneuvered in and out of the streets, her legs beginning to feel like the fire that burnt all around her. The few men around her began splitting up into the distance, either heading where they should be going, or running anywhere in a desperate attempt to get away from anything and everything. But why split up suddenly like that?

A sudden roar brought her to fully turn her body round to whatever the hell had made that noise. And she practically felt the blood drain from her face at the sight of a great, red and black beast not very far away. The Tribal Battleblood had appeared once more, probably at the gradual reform of the fighting for anymore blood to spill. Blood was blood, and there was no question about it that it wanted more of what it already had. Her face was again overwhelmed as the terrifying beast plucked a dragon from the sky all too easily, and discarded the carcass. Only the great animal’s body fell directly to the ground, almost certainly about to cross paths with another bunch of people running (and flying) in any direction to evade the falling body. Luckily, Sandy was out of the way of it’s path, but any flying rubble it took out would certainly still pose a threat to her. She could barely watch.

When out of nowhere, a blue flash zoomed across the sky, hitting the dead animal and knocking it’s body out of the way of the people below. Instead, it recoiled into a nearby building, taking out the majority of the walls and sending bits of rock flying off in all directions. Sandy felt herself plunge herself to the left as a rock double the size of her whizzed across the houses and almost struck her. Picking herself as quickly as possible up off the floor and picking up her sword in a frantic rush, she turned her head already knowing what she would find.

In the distance, the blue outline of Silverwing gradually faded away into the smoke. His path heading in the opposite direction of the fighting and heading East. There was only one place he would be heading now. And his exit was a sure sign that there was indeed no way of regaining the city, no matter how much anyone wanted to. She knew the guardian was smart enough to not fight a losing battle, but she hadn’t figured that Racksom would be lost this fast. The sight of him leaving made her bite her lip a little, forcing herself to tell herself that he would come back and find her when the time was right. He had obviously left for a reason, the reason she knew, but it wasn’t often he left without letting her know. But he would be back, and they would have to meet soon if they were both to survive this battle.

“No!” A pierce, high-pitched scream called out from one of the houses. Sandy whipped her head round to see a woman cradling her young baby in her arms in one of the doorways. What the hell was she doing still in the city?! Especially with a baby! “They’ve left us!” She called out again. “The guardians have gone! There is no hope! They have abandoned us! We are all to die!” The chaotic woman’s cries only made Sandy more angrier. Why did people think that? Why?!
“You!” She called over to her. “You should have been out of the city long ago! The guardians cannot defend people as idiotic as you who stay in the midst of the battle with so much as a young child! Are you out of your mind? Get out of here!” The woman went to shout back, but Sandy called out again. “NOW!” With that, the woman hugged her baby to her chest and began running, running for her life.

Another crash and roar returned Sandy’s gaze to the sky. There were no other defenders around, for the last lot had scattered in an uncontrolled attempt to get away from Xaoc, and now she was alone with no idea where she was going. She couldn’t even see any defenders around, but she refused to believe the majority of them were all dead. She had to find them, and head off to wherever they were going. But where?!
Then, as if someone had answered her anxious thoughts, the sight of a familiar being appeared into her view. Atop a dragon, but in her eye-line nonetheless. “Atleon!” She called out over the noise, waving her arms in the air to try and grab his attention before he flew over.

(L4/5-ish)
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Zartear nodded, so even though being wounded earlier and then going through a healing process she...or he....had still managed to make themselves useful and found some valuable documents. "I am sure the information will be useful." He said formally, with a small gesture he signaled for another of his men to remove the documents from them.
Zartear was used to getting his hands dirty and doing things himself, but now in the position he was...things were odd. Now he had other people to do most of his work for him, which he both enjoyed and yet made him paranoid, those documents would be taken away to The Guard HQ, now taken over, nearby for any of the minor tacticians to observe. He didn't like that.

"To the North Gate, it's about time we cleared up. Captain, you and your new friend can come see the last of this if you wish, I heard it'll be quite spectacular." He said, sitting upright, yet relaxed in the saddle of the horse. The chaotic nature of the initial run had all but subsided now, with things pretty much sealed up already the next phase was in place. It wasn't just the people Zartear would have to rein in, but these dragons drunk on freedom.
Clearing up was burning the dead in a sanctimonious way, was an apology for the carnage that the Surahnians forced on the peace of Dragons Cove...It would also mean carving the image of the Surahnians as liberators and forward thinking, which for many of them was the song they sang themselves to sleep with, a mantra for their way.

Zartear also believed in this warm notion wholly, but there was nothing to betray this warmth in the way the warhorse and it's proud Master strode over the human debris.
"Maybe we'll make it in time for the end of the show." He smiled, sharing a void laugh with the few around him.

OOC| I7, the square surrounding the Stone Tower, heading to the north gate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:07 am

Giving a huff of laughter at Kagan’s jesting, Rilos shut his eyes again as the goblin got to work, knowing he wouldn’t get much out of him in the way of an explanation. It looked like he was just going to have to wait and see what he was planning. He took a peek at the armful of tools (well, it was more just random metal crap he had found really) that the goblin dropped nearby, and instantly regretted it- some of the things that he had scavenged looked like they would hurt if Kagan started prodding him with them.

His worry only grew when Kagan seemed to have finished collecting, spotting a boot, a boot! being added to the very top. He gave a gulp, looking at the goblin, his eye creased in fear.
“Okay…” he whispered, following his path to his back leg. Looked like they were going to start with what looked like the worst of his wounds- although of course, he couldn’t see the state of his face, which could have looked worse, but didn’t really feel it- it was a dull, throbbing burn, which never spelled good.

Wincing as Kagan patted his leg, he watched in fear as the goblin sat down nearby, muttering some magical incantation- Rilos didn’t quite catch what it was, he said it so quietly. He gave a little gasp in wonder as a tongue of silver wandered from his outstretched hand to the metal pile he had gathered, at a loss what was happening, knowing only that this was magic that must be very rare, because he had never, in all his years, seen it before. He stretched his leg out obediently- actual pleasantries?- then quickly turned away as the metal that Kagan was moving started to bubble, not wanting to see whatever was going to happen next.

He gave a bellow of pain as the metal suddenly assailed his leg, screeching into the sky before he bit down on a long trunk of wood nearby, obviously designed for tying horses to while they waited for the blacksmith. His roar was cut off as he crushed it between his teeth, concentrating on the splintering wood rather than the hurt as the metal closed off his wounds. By the time Kagan was finished, the wood was in pieces, and Rilos spat it out, letting out a hot huff of breath and turning the splinters in his mouth into cinders, before tentatively turning to look at his back leg.

When he saw what Kagan had made, he gaped. His black scales were covered by bright armour, fitting to the shape of his leg perfectly. It was like nothing he had ever seen before! His eye flicked from the armour to the goblin, speechless for a moment.
“That’s…that’s amazing!” he finally forced out, pulling his leg back to his side. The armour slid neatly, hardly making a sound, and when he started to test a little weight on it, he found that he could- it still hurt, of course it would, but it was nothing like the searing pain that had been there before.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:20 am

"Ain't it?" Kagan said, chuckling weakly and leaning back, one hand pressing against the stone floor for support. "It's... sort of a gift o' mine, a rare technique passed down to very few. Yer lucky indeed, that's master smith quality armor." He coughed, making his whole body spasm, then breathed deeply. "Now, that was just the begginin'. I cun do the rest all at once, or do it piece by piece. It won't hurt where yer not hurt, but there's not much of you that isn't beaten. I cun get you a pile o' clothes to gnaw on, or I cu sedate you if ya want. interested?" Truth be told, he'd prefer to just sedate him: he would have to concentrate all of his energy on making the rest of the armor, and running around getting dirty laundry would waste valuable energy. But the stuff he'd have to use to sedate the great dragon was pretty strong, and it might affect him wierd... he really had no clue how drugs would affect dragons.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:35 am

Admiring his new armour for a little longer, Rilos didn’t notice Kagan’s slow disrepair until his cough.
“Are you alright?” Ignoring his own pain for a moment, he concentrated on the goblin- it wouldn’t do for the both of them to be out of it, when there were still S.R soldiers running around. It looked like he was alright…

The idea of chewing on human laundry didn’t appeal to Rilos in the slightest and he shook his head. Getting sedated wasn’t such a hot idea either, but he really didn’t want to go through any more pain, and it seemed like that was the only other option. He gave a sigh, his eye skirting along the side of his body and picking out all the various cuts and slices in his scales.
“Okay, whatever… How’re you going to sedate me?” His eyes flicked over the goblin- whatever it was he was thinking of, if it was a substance, it had to be very strong- there wasn’t many places he could hide a lot of something, what with running around only in trousers. Which came to the question; If he could make such great armour, why hadn’t he made himself some?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:47 am

Kagan smirked, then patted his legs and pushed himself up, wobbling slightly, then strode to Rilos' head, where he fiddled with something on his waist and held out before Rilos' good eye a small brown cloth bag, tied at the tip with a length of string. "This." He began, shaking it slightly. "Is some powerful stuff. I've been usin' it fer years, but I've seen it knock out a horse. Hopefully it'll have the same effect on you." Kagan took a step back and pouredthe contents, a pile about as big as a few small coins, and stepped away. "Jus' light that up, and don't fight it."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:55 am

The little bag that Kagan showed Rilos looked definitely suspicious, and he really wasn’t sure about the whole idea any more. However, the thought of chewing on laundry still wasn’t appealing, so he listened carefully. Knock out a horse? Powerful stuff, although Rilos hoped that it wouldn’t do the same for him… Why, if a little goblin could stand it, so could he, right?

Eyeing the pile that he deposited on the ground, he took a calming breath before shooting a little ball of flame at the dark substance, setting it firmly alight. It smoked like anything, curling into the air with dangerous twists. Well, there was no going back now… He laid his head nearby, trying to stop himself from panicking as the smoke swirled around him, tasting strange next to the clean smoke from his own fire. After a few forced breaths he felt himself start to relax and he let his eye droop shut.
“Tastes bit funny Kagan…”
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:22 am

Kagan got quite a kick out of watching Rilos try to take the drug, chuckling at the sight of the dragon trying to quell his own panic. He's probasbly nervous about what it'll do to him. Kagan concluded, then walked foreward and ptted Rilos on the good side of his face. "I've bee told. I can't really tell for myself anymore." Kagan kept his eyes on Rilos' face for a while, checking to mske sure that the dragon was, if not knocked out, then at least too far to be able to move. Luckily, this came sooner than expected, as soon Rilos was taking long, deep breaths. "Perfect." Kagan muttered, giving Rilos a few more pats then walking back to where he was sitting, taking his previous position and once again clearing his mind. In a few minutes, Kagan once again mumbled his magical phrase, and the familiar silver tendril snaked out of his outstretched hand, this time engulfing the entire metal pile and turning it into a floating metal mass that slunk its way to the incapacitated dragon.

The metal blob now hovering over Rilos' body, Kagan used his other hand to coax a portion of the metal away from the main body, and soon had it forming to Rilos' other hind leg. The moment it was done becoming a perfect match to the first, Kagan went to work on the wings, the metal working like a cast to set the broken bones in place as they worked. The metal continued to work down, setting armor that covered Rilos' back, underbelly and chest, then grew out to his tail and neck, creating metal sheathes over his spines to try and heal those as well. His front legs were next, and these were done swiftly and simply, with small droplets of metal sheathing his claws and making them sharp as swords. Then, finally, came Rilos' face, which was the hardest of all to do: The details had to be perfect, to avoid irritating the burns. The mask the metal made was almost form-fitting, covering Rilos' damaged eye while leaving his good eye free and unobstructed. The whole proccess was excrtiatingly long, and by the end of it Kagan was drenched in sweat. And, when the deed was finally done and all the metal used, Kagan fell back and lay there, gasping for breath and staring at the darkened sky: "If only I had more energy..." He began, then drifted off into unconciousness.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Starling – after a long pause – nodded, and slung her bow over her shoulder. She went to open her wings, but was caught by the sickening weight of her useless, broken one. The adrenaline that had kept the pain away drained from her body, and every movement became agony. Still, she folded the other wing calmly, and tried to hide her shaking hands.

“Where are we heading?” she asked Static, looking into the battlefield below. Very few seemed to be fighting still, but she could still pick out the bright blue, tiny lightning storm with a man sat on his back. She was sure he posed a threat still, but decided not to point that out. After all, they still had to escape.
-

It took Jackdaww a long moment to realise what Talos had shouted to the troops, but when he saw them fleeing to the east he knew he had to follow. “Measle, can you run with me sat here? We need to catch up with Talos, and the other soldiers.” Measle fluttered his good wing in what could have passed for a shrug, and lowered his body to run. He was slower than usual – Jackdaww’s small weight still being enough to slow his movements – but he could have caught up to a cantering horse easily. He ran after the winged man that Jackdaww had pointed out, and drew closer with every long stride.

Jackdaww clung on with his right hand and tossed his sword to his left to fend off the rebel troops following them. His leg hung limp, but the cut on his face had stopped bleeding for the time being. His eye felt sticky, and was only half open due to the swelling around the cut, but he could see well enough to catch sight of the troops ahead of them. “Thanks, Measle! Just a little more!”
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Kono slowly worked his way onto his feet letting out a low gargling hiss. He squinted when he saw two winged forms in his field of vision. They weren't necessarily close but they were close enough, "Talos!" He shouted through the pain. His voice had acquired a liquid sounds from his most likely puncture lung. "Where is the nearest healer?" He asked (he doesn't know about the whole mind thing.) He knew just from how he felt that he was in no condition to keep fighting but if he got to a healer quickly he might be able to provide at least some back up while the other soldiers fled.

Akira cursed stopping in an alleyway. "Stupid archer." She growled yanking the first arrow from the joints in her metal arm, quickly flexing to make sure it hadn't damaged any of the wire and gave a satisfied smile as it worked properly in all directions. The metal casing had done its job. The second one was going to be more tricky. She pulled out a piece of chalk and drew transmutation circle around the arrow wound then held her breath and yanked with a grimace and a small scream. before placing her hand on the circle and cauterizing the wound.

Mizu quickly caught her and she stumbled a little from the pain of burning herself.but let her go as she quickly regained her balance. "You ready?" he asked showing him her back. But Akira shook her head, "You heard that sound to right? That blood thirsty dragons round. If were in the air were a target. I don't wanna try it. We'll walk for now." She decided limping for th first few steps before steeling herself and walking normally towards the center of the city.

akira mizu- (10H towards 9H)
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Lotharia accepted Atleon's pats to her back, only easing the tension out of her body slightly. She began in what direction she thought he was talking about, being East. She wasn't entirely sure where these tunnels were or how to get to them but he made it sound as if they were close and if they were going the wrong way then he would tell her. Please inform me when they come into sight. She asked Atleon, making it clear that she was not in the know of the location of which he was speaking. How could she know? This was the first city she had even been in and the layout of such things confused her. Yes, she had been in the forest and there was winding pathways in between the trees but nothing like a city. There were too many confusing smells and with the war it only made it worse.

Talos, I hope that you are well....Atleon has requested I relay the message to get to the tunnels as soon as you can. I...am not entirely sure of their location but he tells me we are close and we aren't too far from the last location I told you. He said it is an inconspicuous looking entrance to the canals. She knew there wasn't much confidence in her voice but she had no other choice but to tell him even if she wasn't sure about the information herself.

(I5 going to J5)
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Rilos mumbled an incoherent reply as Kagan patted him, twitching a few his quills along his neck. Mmm, it was quite nice having a break from all the chaos… And it doesn’t taste so bad now either…. he thought, before his brain got too jumbled to be coherent any more. There was an itching on his other leg, then even that disappeared as he wandered off into a dreamworld.

When he woke up a while later, slowly coming to, his head pounded like there was a dragoness rampaging around inside it. He gave a moan, flicking one of his wings over to cover his face. There was a shiiiink of metal and he cracked his eye open at the noise, fearing it might be an enemy unsheathing his sword. But there was nobody around… although a glimmer of silver caught his eye. Why… His wing was covered in metal! And now he looked, so was the rest of his body!
“Bloody hell…” he whispered, blinking away his drugged daze as he sat up slightly, gaping at the shiny new armour he was covered in. Kagan really had gone all out on it, covering his scales completely with light, sleek plates. Not only was it beautiful, it was the perfect defence.

He was quite surprised not to hear Kagan give some sort of proud remark on his work, and wrenched his gaze off his new protection to look for the goblin. He huffed a breath over his face when he found him, then when Kagan didn’t move, curled his tails gently around his small green form and lifted him onto his back, settling him behind his spines so he wouldn’t get hurt.

He gathered his paws underneath him and hefted himself to his feet, feeling the armour slide cleanly as he moved. Why, it was perfect! He set off slowly down the road, keeping a wary lookout for any S.R troops. Even though he was protected now, it wouldn’t do to run into any of them. The armour was quite light, for all its size, which Rilos was grateful for- he didn’t think he would have been able to carry it all if it had been heavy.

As he turned into another, larger street (it seemed the city was pretty much deserted around where they were), he spotted a large fountain to one side, the fountain itself turned off, but the pool still full of slightly cloudy water. He made his way over to its side and took two long draughts of water, sucking up the cool liquid thirstily. A few fish flapped in the last little bit of water, gasping, he he found he was hungry too- he hadn’t eaten at all during the battle, and fighting had taken a lot out of him. He hooked them out of the water and blasted them with a little fire, killing and cooking them, before he drunk the rest of the water- well, almost all of it- he turned and sprayed half his mouthful at the goblin drooped on his back.
“Hey, I know you need your beauty sleep,” Oh, you really do… “But we’re in the middle of a battlefield here!” he said through a mouthful of fish. Delicious.

(F4)

“Out of this chaos.” Static said to Starling as she asked where to head, jamming the end of her sword into a gap between two stones in the walkway and hoisting herself to her feet. She limped a couple of steps, hanging onto the handle for dear life, then bent down and snapped off the part of the arrow sticking out, sucking in a painful breath. She took a few more steps, putting the least amount of weight on her leg as possible. She wasn’t going to get far fast, that was for certain.

(K2 ==> L2)
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Ah, it's just what I've always wanted! Kagn thought, as he sat on the sandy shore bordering the sea. The wing was caressing his skin softly, and he smiled into the salty ocean spray as it... wait, why wasn't it salty? It was more...

"Oh darn you, why'd ya have to wake me up?" Kagan groaned in his sleep, squirming and rubbing at his face. He hated it when his brothers dumped water all over him... but wait, he wasn't back at the clan! Kagan snuck a peek at the world beyond hs eyelids, then groaned when he saw Rilos. "Can't you do anything for yerdelf?" He asked, then pushed himself up, at thge same time squeezing his temples in a futile attempt to squeeze away a splitting headache. Learning that he might as well give up on that, he sighed and shook his head, then looked up at Rilos' armored face. "Well, I see I've done some good to hide that face o'yers. Good." He squirmed into a more comfortable position, then stretched long and hard. "Hows it feel?" He asked, sighing in bliss at the loud cracks that emenated from his spine. He knocked on the armor a few times and smiled at the noise it made."That's nice." He commented with a smile, then groaned and rubbed his temples again. "Sorry, that trick always takes its toll on me."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Giving a huff of laughter as Kagan groaned, Rilos swung his head around so he could see the goblin, instead of just the dark on his right. He looked even worse than before, and from the way he was massaging his head, had gained a headache as bad- or maybe worse- as Rilos had.
“Yes, thank you, I’m in you debt.” he said, crouching on his haunches. “Feels like nothing I’ve ever felt before!” True, Rilos had never had any type of armour before, but he had been coated in mud before, did that count…?

He chewed on another fish as Kagan admired his handiwork, crunching the thin bones between his teeth. He gulped it down, embarrassed at his action now.
“Sorry, I didn’t want you falling off or getting captured if we ran into more rebels.” He regarded the last fish, then held it up by its tail for the goblin to see. “Want some?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next