Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:48 pm

The creature ran to meet Celölas half way, and she sank her teeth into its side, snarling as she did so. She didn’t notice Taya’s actions, until the necklace’s chain broke and the creature slumped forwards. It landed heavily on her hind quarters, pinning her back legs to the ground painfully. She howled, snapping at the thing, but she couldn’t reach. She was helpless, but she still had no control over her actions. The scent of blood was still in her nose, and until it was gone, she would be a threat. She would need something covering both nostrils really to be safe.

The creature was unconscious- it must have hit its head whilst falling, but still alive – Celölas could hear its pulse in her mind now that she had tasted its blood.  As it lay there, however, it began to shrink. The evil influence of the black stone on the necklace was gone, so the creature began to return to a shape that looked more or less human – larger than average, and not too pretty, but the beastliness of it was fading fast.

(sorry it's short, it's hard to write for Celo like this)
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 6:15 pm

When the chain snapped the creature went one way and Taya went the other. She'd been pulling so hard that when it came undone she lost her balance completely, staggering backwards and almost falling into the pit behind them. A whimper escaped her as one of her hind feet slipped off the shelf and dangled over the abyss, but she saved herself by digging her front claws into the ground and flaring her wings desperately. Well that was fun she thought, not sure what she should do with the pendant now that she had it within her jaws, but she was willing to bet that touching it would be a bad idea. So she kept her hold on it by the chain as she took stock of the situation.

Calming down Celölas was going to be crucial, but the problem was she didn't know how to do that. All right, what started it Taya thought, forcing herself to think quickly. Oh right, bloodlust. At the moment Celölas was pinned, but that wasn't going to last for very long with the creature shrinking rapidly. Reacting without thinking, Taya lunged forward and hauled it off of her companion, clearing the ground with a powerful leap and downward sweep of her wings, clinging to the rock wall above. It kept both of them out of danger at least, but she couldn't do anything from the position she was currently in. "Celölas can you hear me?" she called down, not sure how serious her friend's problem was. If she started to try to climb the wall after her... well then that might be a good clue.

(It's okay, I can understand that. :3 )
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:39 pm

Celölas was snapping and snarling at the creature lying on her, but she couldn’t move to savage it again. She was aware of the necklace though. It was an evil thing, and the darkness in her mind that had hold of her was fixated on it. She didn’t recognise Taya when she came to free her, and if the larger dragon hadn’t flown up to the wall as soon as she had freed her, Celölas might have attacked her friend just for that necklace. Instead, she snarled, and whirled around to go for the fallen enemy again, despite her own previous decision that they needed him alive.

However, the voice in her head was so fixed on the necklace that Taya’s voice slowly filtered into her mind – escaping the barrier that her bloodrage usually created. She froze, and turned slowly to look up at Taya. The pendant whirled in her contorted vision, but that gave her a strange moment of clarity. She /could/ hear Taya, and she knew who she was- a friend. In that moment, Celölas ducked her head to the floor, and shoved her nose below the level of the darkness coating the floor, placing both paws over her nose. /No, stop! You know you love the scent, let me out again!/ the voice howled, before hissing in her ears. Celölas squeezed her eyes shut in fear, but as the scent faded from her nostrils, the voice got quieter and further away, until its influence was gone. “Are you alright? I didn’t hurt you, did I?” she asked quickly, not moving her paws in case she caught the scent again. “What happened? What did I do?” She remembered the necklace, and her hips and back legs were inexplicably painful, but she had no memory of anything that had happened during that fight.

Behind her, the creature began to stir… but ‘creature’ was no longer the correct word. He was a kind of man – tall and bulky, with dim eyes from a lifetime underground, but harmless. Celölas didn’t know this, however, and cowered where she was, terrified that the monster she had seen earlier was creeping up behind her, and she was helpless against it. “Taya come down, help me please!” she whimpered, closing her eyes again. The contrast between monster and coward within Celölas was astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Taya was struggling to figure out what to do, having no idea how to break through to her friend. It was going to get dangerous quickly (more so than it already had been of course) if she couldn't get her to stop soon. But how was she supposed to stop her? She didn't have any idea of how to handle this and that was a problem. She could hear her snarling below and was beginning to think that her idea of yelling at her wasn't working out when Celölas slowly looked up. Okay, either I saved or doomed myself, now which one is it Taya wondered, waiting patiently.

Then Celölas ducked her head and Taya tensed against the wall, waiting to see what was going to happen. Was she about to pounce on her? Was she managing to break through her own bloodlust and had actually heard her? About to open her mouth and call down again just to check, Taya hesitated when Celölas beat her to it. "I'm fine, you didn't even touch me," Taya assured her friend, surprised at how quickly she had gone from raving lunatic to back to normal. Wow, that was a neat trick. "Oh, well, you prettymuch singlehandedly took care of that monster so I have to give you credit for that," she commented, not making any mention of the insanity she'd shown. No point in making her feel bad and, honestly, it hadn't gotten either of them hurt. "Are you all right? It did fall on you at the end, which was my bad. The recoil of the necklace snapping got us both." Her companion looked okay, but she wanted to make sure.

And then the poor woman freaked out at the sound of stirring behind her, which wasn't all that surprising considering she didn't know what was going on anymore. "I don't think you have to worry about him anymore actually. He seems pretty tame now," Taya commented, nonetheless shoving away from the wall and landing heavily between Celölas and the stranger. "Can you talk?" she asked him, careful to keep her head and therefore the necklace out of his reach. Letting him have it back would entirely defeat the purpose.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Celölas was stunned that she had managed to calm herself. Her other half must have been really out of it for that dumb trick to work. “I can’t move my paws until he stops bleeding,” She explained, shuffling around with her backside in the air to face the creature she had attacked. She winced and closed her eyes when she saw the damage she had done. She hated hurting things, but it looked like she would have torn the poor man’s (he did look like a man now) leg off.

Focussing on keeping her mind clear, she let Taya speak to the man. She could see the necklace now, and remembered dimly the way it had glowed and swirled in her bloodrage-vision earlier. That must have been why she could fool herself back to sanity so easily…

The creature responded to Taya, cutting off Celölas’ thoughts. “Yeah, I can speak… woah, what happened?” The underground-man was looking around the place, shocked by the layer of darkness over everything. “This is bad – this is very bad. Quick, tell me everything. How long has this been here, where is my necklace, and – bloody hell what happened to my leg?!”

“Erm, the leg is my fault, sorry about that…” Celölas said, keeping her face below darkness-level to be safe. “It was like this when we got here, and your necklace with the gears on had a freaky bit of fireglass on it that kinda drove you insane.” That was as helpful as she could be without getting up, which she didn’t think she could do if she wanted to. Her hips really hurt – he must have sprained something when he landed on her earlier.

“Fireglass…? Oh, I know what that is. Right, I need you two to help me then. Give me the necklace, and I’ll fix the darkness-machine.” That sounded like the wrong thing- Celölas was sure that disarming the machine this was a smarter move, but she said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:27 pm

That was a problem that hadn't quite occurred to Taya yet, but it was highly amusing to see her try to turn herself around without using her front limbs. Ah goodness, that was hilarious actually but Taya knew better than to laugh at her and so carefully kept her amusement from her face. It helped that the conversation quickly picked up again and she was genuinely interested in what was being said. Now they would actually get some information.

"Well you know, you were a little crazy a couple minutes ago so we really weren't sure," Taya replied a little dryly. Gee, he thought it was bad? Welcome to the party! Well clearly he knew what was going on though, so that was a definite improvement on previous events. Including the fact that he had stopped attacking them. But what was fireglass? Obviously the necklace, but it wasn't a term Taya had heard before. That was all right though, she didn't have to know what it was or what it did so long as they could fix things.

But... wait... he wanted her to give him the necklace back? "Uh, you know I would man, but last time you had it you apparently turned into this giant freaking monster so how do I know that isn't going to happen again?" She didn't want to have to go repeat that whole mess. He was far more preferable in this sentient form. "And what does this thing do anyway? I don't want you fixing it if it's going to wreck the whole place." Call her overly wary or whatever you preferred, but she wanted to get the whole story before she decided what to do.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Celölas agreed with Taya’s sensible caution, but the man seemed quite insistent. “Well I’m not going to put it /on/, am I? I need the gears back, and the black stone separately. It’s obsidian, and came from that pit. It needs dealing with.” he explained, rubbing his wounded leg.

“Taya, maybe we should let him have it – he knows more about it than we do…” Celölas said slowly. She wasn't sure herself, but she didn’t want to disagree with the man, who seemed scarier because of the nature of their first encounter than Taya did. The man seemed to agree, but he got angry as Taya suggested that he might be about to destroy the place.

“That rack leads to a place saturated with dark magic. The machine is the most technical piece of work in Dragonscove, I’ll have you know, and it keeps the pit sealed. It was an old mine, that just went too deep. It needs to be supervised constantly, so when I picked up the stone from the old mine, it fell into disrepair. I wouldn’t destroy this place – this is my home!” he snapped, standing up despite the deep gash on his leg. It was clean at least – Celölas took care of herself well, so no wounds she dealt festered of their own accord.

“Your home?” Celölas couldn’t hold her tongue very well, it seemed, “But it’s just a mass of tunnels… and there’s nobody else here…” It was true, they hadn’t seen another living thing since leaving the surface, unless the little darkness-clumps counted, which Celölas didn’t think they did.

((You can rp the weird guy in your posts too btw, he's an NPC so not mine to command, feel free to make up replies etc))
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Taya's nose twitched as she considered the man. She wasn't too fond of his attitude really but then perhaps she would have the best one either given the circumstances. "Well I don't know that," she replied, smiling apologetically at the irritated look he gave her. Surely he could see their side of it too?

But her friend seemed to think otherwise and Taya was inclined to agree with her at that point. Still she wasn't appreciative of how he was talking to them. Sure he could use an attitude adjustment but who knew. Some people were just like that naturally. "Well, I suppose the worst he could do was make a stupid move and make us take him down again," she commented. Between the two of them they could handle it.

"Okay, okay," she said soothingly, settling into a crouched position so that she could see him better. "I can understand that. The magic is strong here and it's easy to set off things you don't want to." She'd seen it happen before, with somewhat more massive and tragic results than this depending on if it was just him around at the time. "I can't blame you for being angry but you have to realize that we didn't know any of that." Satisfied that he wasn't going to hurt them she held the necklace out to him, releasing it once he had a hold of it. Instantly he turned back to the machine and started working on it though he seemed to still be listening to Celölas as she spoke.

"Yeah, well, it used to look a lot better now didn't it?" he replied softly. Taya didn't want to imagine how far things had fallen apart in the meantime, or how long he had been out of it.

"What's the last thing you remember?" she asked curiously, wondering what the time span of all this was. "Like, what was going on?" Obviously it had been a while judging by the looks of things, but that didn't tell her much.

((Ah okay :3))
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:11 pm

The man didn’t look impressed by Taya’s little talk about his anger, but quietened down anyway. Celölas couldn’t see his face clearly from her odd position on the floor, but watched intently as he slumped, an odd sadness coming over him that she hadn’t expected, based on the vicious way he had looked when they first met and his high spirits once he was himself again.

“Taya, maybe we shouldn’t-” Celölas started to protest, as the man seemed unwilling to answer, but he flapped a hand at her to stop her speaking. “No, no, it’s fine. Yeah, it looked a lot better. It’s a really nice place under all this,” he gestured vaguely, “and busy too. I don’t know how to explain it, just the usual, white stone for the buildings, the blue veins of rock, and this old thing ticking away to keep the old mine closed.” It sounded unusual, not like any city on the surface, but it didn’y look like anyone had been above ground for years.

“Can you tell how long it has been..?” Celölas asked quietly, looking around. It looked anything but busy, but she had no idea if that had happened overnight, or across a number of weeks. The man shook his head – how could he tell if he couldn’t remember. “Well, we should probably start with the machine thingy then..?” Celölas suggested, trying to look like a leader of sorts without lifting her nose above the line of darkness. “Oh, and if you have anything to dress the wound on your leg, that would be good. I can’t get up until there’s no blood in the air.”
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 pm

Taya ended up tilting her head from side to side like she was watching a tennis match as the conversation bounced between the stranger and Celölas, trying to keep up with what was going on. At least they didn't have to worry about getting attacked anymore but their little mystery was just getting more and more mysterious instead of clearing itself up. She couldn't complain though. The pieces were slowly coming together even if new ones kept showing up mysteriously.

The city sounded quite ideal come to think of it. Very pretty in fact. She wished she could have seen it before everything went to crap. Maybe one day people will learn to stop digging when they start to hear strange voices Taya thought. Or see strange rocks. Or smell strange scents. Or just... run into anything out of the ordinary. But noooo, they wanted to find out what they were and what they did, so they just kept going and got themselves into more trouble than they could get themselves out of. Yep, brilliant creatures humans. "Well once the machine is fixed it'll probably go back to that with some hard work," she commented. A lot of hard work, yes, but it was possible.

"At any rate, welcome back," Taya said, turning her attention to the machine at Celölas' suggestion and then turning back to the man at her second one. "Yes that's probably the best idea," she commented, not having anything on her at the moment since she'd left her saddlebags with Dawn and therefore all of their supplies. "Got any cloth or something around here? I can go get it."

At the dry look the man gave her Taya chuckled dryly and a little nervously and nodded slightly. "Oh yeah, right, I forgot." Of course he didn't know where anything was anymore. So she headed into the tunnels again and promptly returned with a small bolt of fabric, sitting back while the man patched up his wounds.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:34 pm

When the man’s leg was tended, Celölas was a little happier. “Here, rip off a thin strip and tie it over my nostrils – I’ve done this before, and it’s the only way I can guarantee I won’t attack you again. She asked. The man did so, limping badly but managing well enough with the cloth. When that was done, Celölas sat up properly and looked at the man. He looked harmless from her proper height, and she felt quite bad for attacking him earlier, even if he had been big and scary at the time.

Celölas then turned to Taya with an odd grin, despite her jaws being bound shut by the cloth, and then looked at the machine. “How can we help with that then?” she asked the man, wondering what needed doing. It looked like a sorcerer’s creation, and she didn’t trust it, but if they were going to turn the poor man’s city back into, well, a city, they would need to get it working again.

The man hobbled over to the machine and studied it carefully. “Do you two happen to hae any other gears with you? There are a few missing, and then there’s the handle, but I know where that is, I always put it to one side when I’m not here.” Celölas looked at Taya, as she was sure the other dragon had the gears they had found (although they could be in the leather pouch around Celölas’ neck; either way they weren’t far). They had four between them now, and although they had only seen 3 gaps when they had inspected the machine, there could easily be another space they had missed on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 1:54 am

"Better?" Taya asked Celölas. It was an interesting skill to have, both helpful and potentially quite dangerous at the same time. Now she understood why she hadn't wanted to get into a fight. Now that all the chaos had settled everything was all right, but the antler dragon could understand how her little problem could cause some serious consequences for Celölas. Thankfully it hadn't here. She needed someone to watch out for her and keep her safe Taya thought, but since everyone dealt with things differently and Celölas didn't have anyone filling that position at the moment, Taya thought it was safe to assume that she didn't want a watcher.

Could they probably help with the machine? Yeah probably? Did Taya have the first idea of how to go about it? Heck no. She'd never seen such a contraption in all of her years and she didn't think she would ever again. Besides that she wasn't a mechanic. So really, letting her anywhere near the thing was a bit of a recipe for disaster. But hey, if it meant they would be able to get out of this creepy place sooner then she was all for it.

"Uhhhhh..." Taya looked around, dragging the word out before she remembered that yes, they actually did have the gears and she just had to remember where they were. "Yes. Somewhere. I seem to have misplaced them in the scuffle," she commented, knowing she had to sound like an idiot at the moment but hey, she wasn't omnipotent. If she was, they certainly wouldn't have headed down into the darkness. Finally she located them and brought them over to the machine, dropping them in front of the man who examined them.

"All right, you two go ahead and put them in place," he said, continuing to examine the machine.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:18 pm

“Much better!” Celölas announced, sitting up brightly, pleased that the dusty bandage smell covered everything else. She could still see the red all around her, but she decided that, if she just thought about sweets and flowers and strawberries, it wouldn’t bother her. Besides, there was enough to do with the machine for now. She followed Taya over to the machine, watching as the antler dragon found the gears again before studying the machine. The man she had attacked (it went against every instinct she had not to apologise incessantly for that) seemed preoccupied, so they would have to put those back in place on their own.

Celölas helped herself to one gear, leaving one for Taya to put in place, and studied the strange contraption. There were three patched where the dust wasn’t as thick, and the gears looked exactly the same, so using her claws and teeth she awkwardly shuffled the bit of metal onto the little stick in the middle of the nearest dark patch. She shuffled back nervously, in case something scary or dangerous happened after tat, but the pile of metal rods and gears didn’t move. She turned back to the man, a questioning look on her face. What next? She had no idea what else the machine was missing…
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:45 pm

At least Celölas had calmed down, that much was a definite benefit. Now they could really get going without having to worry about their surroundings. Time to see if they could fix what was wrong with this place and get everything going again so that they could get out of the weird darkness and back to where they belonged. She'd never complain about cramped cities again after being stuck in these dark tunnels. At least cities were well lit. They weren't even going to get any help so it seemed, so it was up to them to figure out how things were supposed to go. Fortunately it wasn't all that difficult because of how long the gears had been sitting there before they were removed, leaving behind prints in the dust.

Finally they were all put in and Taya crouched low to the floor, watching it expectantly as she waited for it to start. Only it didn't for some reason. She too stood and looked over at the man curiously, wondering if they'd done something wrong. "Well?" she asked when he didn't seem likely to realize they were staring at him.

"Well wha- oh, my bad," he replied, reaching out and pulling a lever on the side of the machine, looking rather pleased with himself as it roared to life, sending Taya skittering away from it to the far wall out of surprise. "There we go, all fixed."

"You're welcome," Taya said with a chuckle. He'd never have gotten that figured out without them now would he.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Celölas jumped as the machine shuddered into life, terrified by the noise it seemed to be making. The cavern was filled with the sound, and even the slowly shifting darkness seemed frightened. Then, the real action started. The thick black fog over the ground began to spiral rouns and round, picking up speed with every revolution. Celolas could feel the wind it created fluffing her fur about, and dug her claws into the ground below to keep her balance. Then, the whole room started to move, or so it seemed. “Is this supposed to happen?” she shouted over the roar to the man, who was now holding onto a handle on the side of the machine, pulling various levers. She couldn’t hear his answer, and soon the swirling clouds became too thick to see through. She shut her eyes, praying that it would all stop.

The noise continued for what seemed like a life-age, before slowing. Celölas risked opening one eye, and her jaw dropped open. There was that city the man had described – all white marble and pale blue lights. The brightness of it hurt her eyes after the thick blackness she had grown accustomed to.

“Sorry about the noise, it seemed the mechanism was a bit clogged up. That should tick away nicely now nd keep that foul stuff shut away in the old mines. Thank you for your help!” the man grinned, sitting down in the dusty old chair beside the machine. Celölas looked blankly for a while, utterly confused, before turning to Taya. “We… we did it then? But how do we get back to the surface…” she asked. She had expected fixing the machine to provide a solution to that issue, but it didn’t seem to have.

Maybe there was some secret way back up that had previously been covered in the black stuff? Celölas looked at the man expectantly, hoping he would have an answer. She still hadn’t seen any sign of the other underground residents though – where could they be?

((right, as it it now I see two ways to proceed: everyone come out of their houses, show them the way back up to the surface and end RP, or another mystery to find all the missing townspeople. Whichever ou prefer (or another option), just write into your reply ^^))
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 pm

The noise was almost deafening, making Taya plaster her ears to her skull and wince slightly. Sheesh, she'd have thought it would be a bit quieter than that. Perhaps it was a bit too much to hope for. The man wasn't running though, which made her believe this was somewhat normal given the circumstances. Normal didn't even begin to describe this place honestly. It couldn't hope to. Hmm, the fog was lifting though, so perhaps that too meant everything was working as it should be. Didn't make her relax any, but it did make her feel slightly better.

Finally, finally, it all quieted down, and Taya actually got a good look at her surroundings without her head swimming from all the racket. That and the spots in front of her eyes from the sudden brilliance around them of course. Those didn't help either. Once she did get to see though... well it was beautiful. Now this Dawn would be able to appreciate she thought, taking a good look around.

Can't imagine why it would be she thought dryly, refraining from saying it aloud. Well, at least he was happy with their work. They hadn't broken anything and they'd made it out in one piece, which was enough of a good ending for her. Though, ah, weren't there supposed to be some people around here? "So, ah, did everyone evacuate or are they just... who knows where?" she asked, glancing at him with a mixture of wariness and curiosity. He had been a sort of monster when they'd arrived, so was everyone else like that or had he eaten them all or something?

"Ah, I don't know, good question," he replied, looking a bit worried again.

"Unless the amulet had something to do with it, I'll bet they got turned into weird creatures too," she commented. "Or dragged into the depths when the machine broke down. You'd think if any of them got out we'd have heard about it." Which meant they weren't done just yet, much as she might wish they were.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:54 pm

The man nodded, looking around. “I… I don’t remember what happens when people come into contact with this stuff, but it can’t be good. There were protocols in place for when the machine malfunctions, though. What were they..?” Clearly the man was having a little trouble remembering everything. Celölas cleared her throat and raised an eyebrow. “Umm, where would people go if they figured out there was a problem? Is there like a safe place somewhere that they might be in..?” Prompting could only help. She wanted to be back on the surface as soon as possible, but she knew she couldn’t bear to leave the odd underground man down there without helping him find the rest of the underground residents.

“Oh, yeah! That’s it, there’s another level, down from here but not as deep as the old mines. The darkness can’t get in there very easily, and the doors all get sealed in case of emergency. I’ll take you there, you can help me find them!” Great, now they had to go FURTHER underground. Celölas was not impressed. She just wanted to get out of there!
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:47 pm

If he didn't remember then Taya could only guess that it really wasn't good. She didn't want to find out herself but they weren't going to have a choice now that they'd agreed to help. Well, someone had to fix things and it might as well be them, or so she told herself. She couldn't really blame the man for not knowing what was going on anymore. It had clearly been a while since he had last been human and that could easily mess with anyone's head. Still, it didn't help when they had to wait for him to remember things. That just slowed them down and delayed their ability to rescue everyone else which was her main focus at that point. Still, she didn't think things could get worse for them now that the darkness had been lifted. It could only get better.

Celölas asked an excellent question and Taya was grateful for it because it gave them the most solid lead they'd had thus far. Of course, it meant they had to burrow even deeper into the tunnels and she wasn't looking forward to that, but it had to be done. Honestly, dragons weren't meant to be underground like this at all. Well, at least the guy was going to go with them this time, that had to be helpful in the long run. "All right, lead the way," she commented, following after him as he set off.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:27 pm

The odd underground man dashed off down a tunnel that they hadn’t investigated before. It would have been enveloped in inky blackness when they first arrived, but the reflections from the marble walls had really brightened the place up. It was possible to see almost all the way along the passage now, and at the far end, between two empty houses, was a staircase. It was delicately carved, and extremely decorative, but she was sure that it was the way into this mysterious underground stronghold.

She stepped over the edge of the crack leading to the old abandoned mines, feeling horribly nervous that she might trip and fall in, even though the crack was just a hairline under her feet this far away. In contrast, the local man practically skipped over, barely registering the danger he was flouncing past. Celölas was even more convinced that she needed to be back above ground – if their guide was an accurate representation of what living below the surface did to people, she didn’t want anything to do with it. She doubted she would ever be able to look at anything more intimidating than a rabbit hole again.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Taya made a slight face but she followed the man at a slower pace, taking her time to look around. She wasn't overly fond of ornate things considering her size tended to cause her to destroy them, but since everything was in a rather ill state of repair to begin with the Antler supposed she didn't have to worry about that too much. Who was going to yell at her down here anyway? Certainly no one they couldn't deal with, that was certain. Her companion didn't seem any happier about things, but that was because she already knew she wasn't comfortable with where they were. Taya was beginning to feel the same way. It wasn't natural for winged creatures to live underground, and while Celölas might not have had wings it was normal not to be happy about their situation.

If she wasn't the sort to have to help people then she would have turned around and left right then and there, but as it was she forced herself to follow their guide deeper into the mines. Why was it always such a good idea for humans to dig deep into the earth? Didn't they know sometimes they got more than they bargained for? What if they discovered everyone else was dead or also turned into creatures like he had been? What were they supposed to do then?

She carefully edged her way down the staircase, fixating her gaze on the ornamental doors below them that she could barely see. They seemed to be sealed tightly, for which she was thankful. Maybe they would be all right if they'd had enough food. "Should we knock, or should I break the doors down?" she asked, ready to do so if that was his response.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:55 pm

"Knock? Why? We don't lock these things, the shadows aren't that smart. There should be a handle somewhere around here..." the odd underground man staggered a little, obviously still feeling the effects of his injuries from Celólas, before starting to investigate the area around the doors. His memory seemed affected by his ordeal still, and although he knew certain details (such as the fact the door would be open), he was struggling with mundane facts like the whereabouts of the opening.

While he worked, Celólas looked at Taya in confusion. "This just keeps getting stranger... why bother having a shelter like this if there isn't even a lock..?" She mumbled to her companion, shaking her head. The underground-man didn't seem to notice, preoccupied as he was with the great doors.

There was a long pause, and Celólas was beginning to become uncomfortable with it, before the man cried out, "Aha! There we go!", making Celólas jump in the process. The great doors began to move, slowly vanishing into the walls on either side. The smell of damp earth rose up from the shelter, which Celólas could only describe as a crypt. From what she could see, there was a set of stairs going down, but this time made from black marble, with veins which glowed with a soft, yellow light. Everything in her being told her not to go down there, but the underground man was already about four steps down. It was a wide, but steep, tunnel, so the dragons could fit easily, but whether or not that wanted to go deeper, into the darkness was another matter entirely...
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 2:39 pm

Taya shrugged slightly when the man replied, watching silently as he tried to open the doors. She would have thought it would be second nature to remember where the handle to the door was considering one would presume he had used it often enough before to have the muscle memory of doing so, even if he couldn't remember a lot of other things. It really only made sense. This whole thing was starting to bother her, but she couldn't quite place why. Well, as long as she got out of here soon she wouldn't mind too much. That was the only thing keeping her standing around waiting, because otherwise she suspected she would have run in terror.

"Yeah really," Taya whispered back. "How could they not be smart enough to open a door? A hidden handle seems like it would be pointless at keeping anything out." Or perhaps it wasn't considering he couldn't seem to find it himself. And he'd said the creature wasn't smart, ha. Not that she was going to make fun of him.

Finally he managed to open the doors, and Taya wrinkled her nose at the scent from the other side of them. Not surprising considering how long it had apparently been locked up, but for whatever reason it was resulting in her thinking of a tomb for no apparent reason. Ugh, not fun that. But they had agreed to go along for this little adventure and now she didn't feel right about taking it back even though she was nervous. So she trailed after him, thankful that at least she didn't have to worry about getting stuck or breaking anything thanks to the passage actually being big enough to fit her. Which really only left her open to worrying about their safety overall. Seemed like fun.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Everything about this underground city was bizarre - the deep mines which spewed mind-altering living shadows; the security doors that weren't locked, and everything else besides, but Celólas kept quiet about it. As soon as they found the other residents they could go home, back to the surface. As much as Celólas wanted to help, she felt unsettled down here, and she was still faintly worried that one of the blood-rages was going to take her over again and cause some real damage. She had been here too long, and she wanted out.

Pushing that aside, she places one paw on the weirdly ornate stairs, sniffed the air, and continued down. Her fur stayed slightly on end (her tails looking like slightly droopy bottle-brushes), and she was the very picture of anxiety. However, she kept pace with the weird underground man as best she could, bracing herself for whatever they might find down in the horribly crypt-like caves.

The veins of glowing blue in the walls meant that the passage was reasonably light, in the same way that the city itself was fairly bright, and when the stairs ended, the floor ahead was made from white marble. Everything seemed to be centred around maintaining reasonable light levels down below the surface. Suddenly, Celó heard a sound from further along the tunnel, and pricked her ears. "I hope that's the others and not something else..." she muttered, mostly to herself as she followed the underground man towards the sound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5