Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Raffi stopped completely as she realised the scale of the problem. “I couldn’t feel anything, so it must be targeted at you… I think I’d better keep hold of it…” she said slowly, thinking. She didn’t want anything to happen to Rokam this far away from the nearest town.

Open it? Hmm she hadn’t thought about it really. “Well if we do open it, at least we’d be able to see past whatever that black layer is? But we don’t know what it might do…” she wasn’t convinced, but maybe it would be best to know what they were dealing with. Whatever it had been doing to Rokam must have a purpose, and without opening it they wouldn’t ever see what that may be.

“Well either way, try not to worry about it – we have it now, so the soup-man can’t do anything else with it." she added brightly, trying to lighten the mood. But the more she thought about it, the more opening the vial seemed like a good idea. They needed to know exactly what they were carrying around with them, and if that was what had been causing all the unusually strong magic, which she still thought was to blame for the odd experience on the hill.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Rokam nodded emphatically; whether or not they opened it, he’d be glad for Raffi to carry the vial instead of him. He passed it over swiftly, before sitting and curling his tail around his feet thoughtfully.
“Well,” he said slowly. “I don’t really see what harm opening it could do. I mean, of course it’s magical, so anything could happen… But I don’t think it would be bad.” He gave her a smile, some of his optimism returning at her reassurance. “Thanks, Raffi. So… are we going to try opening it then?”

Twisting the tiny cap from the vial proved to be quite the challenge without hands, but eventually they managed by wedging the bottle between two front paws and delicately grasping the lid in their teeth. When it was finally open, they both leaned in, peering within to see if they could make out the contents. Sure enough, the wispy material still drifted within, revealing glimpses of the black inside of the bottle occasionally as it shifted about. Rokam leant into the vial briefly, cautiously sniffing at it, before straightening slightly and looking hesitantly at Raffi.
“I don’t know,” he said anxiously. “I still have no idea what that stuff is. What do you think we should- oh!”
A tendril of the substance had started to meander out of the mouth of the vial, twisting slightly in the air almost as if testing it, before advancing gradually, making its way to freedom.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:50 pm

Raffi had never realised how difficult bottles could be until that moment. Seriously, why did humans insist on using them? A shallow dish with a loose lid and a big handle would be much better in her opinion. However, with some artful twisting and clawing, the lid pulled free. There was a horribly tense moment when Raffi thought that the whole mixture was going to spill out, but they managed to balance the little glass vial the right way up on the ground eventually. Raffi was trying not to notice how close their noses were, but she was convinced they had brushed during the whole process… She pushed the thought aside to focus on the bottle – she could think about nose-touching when there wasn’t dangerous magic involved.

Looking down, Raffi found her eyes glued to the ever-shifting substance. It was all cream and purple and red and black, and always changing colour in the bottle. The black stuff seemed to be in an extra bottle around the main one, seal away, but the liquid inside smelled like raw magic. It was difficult to comprehend without the shielding of the bottle.

Raffi leapt back as the potion started to creep out of the bottle. It seemed to have a will of its own, and suddenly she didn’t want to be in its way. It moved slowly at first, before flooding out and spreading into a shape like a huge, crumpled up piece of paper in the air. Its shape kept changing, forming more solid shapes inside the general mess of coloured liquid. “Rokam… what is it doing…” she asked quietly, shuffling to his side as the shape seemed to take on more and more life. Maybe they shouldn’t have opened it up after all…
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 pm

As they struggled to get the lid of the bottle off, Rokam distinctly felt his and Raffi's noses brush. His skin tingled as they finally managed to open the tiny vial, and for a moment he was wildly distracted by the incident.
Soon, however, he realised that the cause of the tingling was actually an oncoming sneeze. It spoiled the moment somewhat; embarrassed, he glanced sheepishly up at Raffi and muttered,
"Sorry."

Together, they watched in some concern as the substance flowed seemingly endlessly out of the bottle, all thoughts of romance or otherwise soon forgotten in their alarm.
"I... I don't know," he whispered back, as if the smoky mass could hear them. "I, um..." Rising to his feet and pressing against Raffi's side, he inched slowly backwards as the weird stuff continued to expand until it was practically as big as him. He could no longer see to the other side of it, he noted- as he looked at it, it became more and more solid, taking on shape until it began to resemble... but surely not...

In another second, there was no doubt. The clear-cut markings and lithe shape of a card dragon were obvious. Rokam blinked and dithered for another few moments as the dragon continued to form, at a total loss as to what to do.

Soon, though, the decision was effectively made for him. With a sound like a massive inhalation, the card's body finally became crisp and solid; it drew itself back for a second, like it was drawing in its first breath, before letting out a huge sigh as it dropped to the ground from where it had been hovering.

Hard as it was to believe, the dragon was obviously real; Rokam could hear the sound as its feet hit the ground, could see the grass crushed under its feet. All that time Jaden had spent searching for another card, and here one had been trapped inside some bottle by a crazy old man! It was female, obviously; it was the heart card for one thing, and it was easy to see besides. She was more than a little attractive, in fact... but he barely entertained the thought for a second before shooing it away, feeling somehow guilty and embarrassed. Of course there was no way Raffi could know, but he snuck a glance her way anyway. She looked gobsmacked, which was no less than what could be expected in the face of current events.

"Another card?" The other dragon's voice took him by surprise; it was sharp, to the point, more so than he had expected from her willowy appearance. "Foolish young boy, you have made a terrible mistake in coming to these parts."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 1:25 pm

Raffi jumped sharply as Rokam sneezed, but mumbled an apology back, absurdly since it wasn’t even her who had sneezed. She was a bit too tense to laugh at it, so she just ignored the whole event. Besides, it stopped her having to think about the tingly feeling when their noses touched anymore.

As the thick potion in the bottle solidified, Raffi began to realise what was happening. The shape that was formed was almost identical to Rokam, so surely it had to be an image of another card dragon. What she hadn’t expected was the shape to come alive and land on the grass in front of them. Raffi fell silent in shock, watching carefully and waiting for something to happen. The card dragon was very pretty, and Raffi had to admit she felt a little intimidated – maybe even jealous? She didn’t know. What could she be jealous of? Everything going on at the moment was a big jumble for her.

When the card dragon spoke at last, she almost jumped again. Somehow she didn’t expect the dragon from the bottle to be able to speak. “W-we didn’t know there was anything wrong around here, what’s going on?” She asked the card. “Everything was going fine until we saw that little house…” Maybe the card dragon could shed some light on their situation.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Rokam couldn’t quite figure out how to react- for a moment he simply stood and stared at the other card as it talked. When Raffi replied, though, he snapped out of it, shaking his head briefly before turning to regard the lifeblood. Hopefully, the heart card would be able to cast some light on their situation; it would certainly be nice to know what was going on. Since when had some hills in the middle of nowhere become a top danger spot for dragons?

The heart card closed her eyes, heaving a sigh.
“I suppose I must be patient with you… In answer, that man has been preying upon card dragons for their magic for years. He traps our essence and uses it to glimpse snatches of the future; much less than a card would see usually, but enough. I was reaching the end of my life when a younger card dragon was trapped by him; I determined it was better that I take his place. That’s the only way any card has managed to escape, through being replaced by another- the more recently the dragon was free, the more powerful their magic, so the man will always exchange the dragons if he is able. Something draws cards to these parts, perhaps some spell he has set up… but another will always appear, sooner or later. I wish you had not come; now that you have, that vial will draw you in until you’re trapped yourself. Look-” she nodded towards it where it lay, abandoned, on the floor. Sure enough, a tiny yellow-blue wisp had appeared inside it- barely visible, but undeniably there. With a jolt, Rokam realised that the draining sensation was still there, not imagined; slowly but steadily, he could feel his essence being siphoned away.

He didn’t know what he might have done then, run away or broken down, but the other card wasn’t finished yet.
“Usually,” she said, a new thoughtful tone in her voice, “the card is trapped in the bottle before they have a chance to resist or seek help. The released card cannot help them; my powers are too weak to do anything at the moment, and I certainly can’t return to the man’s house, or go near the bottle.” She glanced at it, blanching slightly before steeling herself to continue. “However, your friend here…” She turned to Raffi with a glint entering her eye. “Your magic is powerful, a potent physical magic. Perhaps you would be able to anchor him in his body for long enough to find a mage or dragons who would be able to sever the connection. As long as he has access to any fate magic, no matter how weak, he will use it to cloud our vision, but if we can block him off from our power totally then we should be able to use our powers to find him, even through the spells masking his home.”

It was a lot to take in. Rokam spent a few seconds running over everything in his mind, trying to be sure he understood everything. After a moment, he looked to Raffi with desperate hope.
“Can you?” he asked her. “Can you… anchor my soul, or whatever?”

Last edited by Artemis on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 pm

The heart card was most enlightening, but she didn’t exactly have good news. The creepy meat soup man was draining the power of card dragons? That was terrible, and Raffi dreaded to think what he was using the visions of the future he got from them for. She listened intently, unconsciously shuffling closer to Rokam, as though she could protect him from anything happening right then.

Suddenly everything changed again, and Raffi was involved in the whole situation. She blinked, her jaw dropping slightly open, and stammered hopelessly for a moment, before coughing and attempting an actual response. “I… I’ll try to.” she stuttered, looking at Rokam carefully. He looked so vulnerable after hearing about the magic that would be trying to capture his essence over the coming days. “Although, I don’t know how…” with that she looked to the card dragon, hoping her knowledge of magic would be greater than Raffi’s. Although Raffi was certain she could use stronger magic, she had never needed to, so she had no idea what she was capable.

The card dragon looked her up and down, her gaze seeming to go right through Raffi, but she nodded. “All you need to do is anchor him, not pull him back, so I should think you should be able to just form some kind of bond with him. For example, try to use your magic to feel his actions, and just focus on keeping all of his internal processes together.” The card didn’t look certain, since she clearly had no first hand experience controlling blood magic, but Raffi absurdly thought she understood.

It was like her little trick with the steak back in the pub. Before she could move it about, she had to kind of contact the blood involved, so she assumed that it would be the same. “I… I think I understand. I’ll do everything I can, Ro. I’ll, err, kinda be attached to your movements and everything going on inside you that’s not it your head, and it will definitely feel weird for you… but if you want me to, I’ll try my best.” She was nervous – she had never had this kind of responsibility in her entire life, but if she could help, she would. She couldn’t bear anything to happen to Rokam. The vision from the hill played on her mind for a second, even though she had promised herself she wouldn’t think about it. She was all mixed up, but she knew this was something she absolutely had to do.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Rokam couldn’t imagine how the other card’s directions made any sense to Raffi, but apparently they did. Unsure of what he had got himself into- how had this whole mess begun, really?- he blinked for a moment before shrugging and smiling at Raffi.
“I don’t think there’s much else we can do, really,” he said, feeling a vague sense of bemusement at the entire ridiculous scenario. “So… please, if you think you can help, do. I guess I’ll just have to stand the weird feeling… can’t be any worse than this stupid bottle, anyway.” After a beat of silence, he glanced from her to the other dragon, who was watching them impassively and unhelpfully. Apparently she saw the expectation in his eyes, for she rose a little awkwardly, saying to Raffi,
“It would be best if you hurried with your magic. In the meantime, if you are able, we need to start travelling. I’m sure you will be able to help Rokam, but we will still be short of time; we must begin moving quickly if we are to find somebody able to help us in time.”

He wasn’t sure how long they had exactly- well, it was hard to tell with Raffi’s magic mixed into the equation- but Rokam was doubtful that they’d find the aid they needed anywhere closer than Didienne. Harglen and Tarz were not exactly hotbeds of magical talent. But the heart card was looking to the south with a thoughtful expression, her head tilted slightly to one side.
“I once had a friend in Calaina who might be able to help us,” she said slowly. “But if he has moved or has died, I do not know… please, what year is it now?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Raffi nodded as the other card dragon explained that she would need to hurry, and shut her eyes to focus while the other two talked about the journey ahead of them. She reached out with her consciousness, sensing Rokam’s pulse and letting her magic take over. All she needed to do was monitor his normal bodily processes, and after a few moments of silent focus, she could feel her own energy following Rokam’s blood around his body. She jumped, suddenly aware of everything going on. She could feel his muscles tensing and relaxing; hear his breath.

Blinking, she shook her head. “T-there, I’ve got it, I think… do you feel alright Ro?” she asked quietly. She had no idea how this would feel to Rokam, having an invading consciousness next to his own, but it was the most bizarre feeling she had ever experienced. It was like having two bodies, but not having control of the second. It felt like such a breach of Ro’s privacy, but it was what had to be done.

“I-it’s the year 2,709…” she replied slowly, trying to split her focus. “How long have you been trapped in there anyway?” The fact that the other card even needed to ask told her that it had been a long time, but she had no idea how long that was. “Surely it’s worth a try though? I mean, getting away from that weird little house has to be a good start at least.”

She was gradually getting more used to being aware of both her body and Rokam’s at once, and she hoped that the awareness wouldn't to have too much of an impact on their travelling ability. She wasn’t really exerting much energy, since she wasn’t interfering with anything, but the constant use of magic was going to drain her, however gradually.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:34 pm

Rokam couldn’t help but tense up as he felt-but-didn’t-feel Raffi winding her magic into his body. Closing his eyes, he tried to stay still and relax, not wanting to interfere with the process- but it felt so strange! Almost as if somebody was holding him, poised to rip him apart at any moment, but doing no harm as they were. Despite Jaden’s best attempts to train him, he’d never been much good at the subtleties of telepathy, but it was impossible to miss Raffi’s mind brushing up against his as she reached out towards him with magic. And that was without even mentioning how his sense of the future suddenly warped and split, its focus diverted between him and Raffi.

With a slight shiver, he tried to block out the magic, getting a grip on himself and regaining his focus.
“I’m fine,” he told Raffi after a moment, giving her a smile to back up his words. “It feels a bit weird, but alright.”

The elder card seemed shaken by Raffi’s answer; for the first time, she looked old as she sat, purpose drained away as she looked at the ground quietly.
“That’s ninety three years,” she said very quietly. “I knew it had been a long time, but I didn’t imagine…” Her voice broke slightly and there was a long moment of dead silence as Rokam flailed about for something- anything- to say. But what did you say to somebody who had just found that, most likely, everyone they knew was dead?

After a moment had passed, the card seemed to shake off her grief, or at least put it to the side for the time being.
“So, then,” she said with a brittle business-like tone. “Not Calaina, it’s too out-of-the-way for us to rely on any skilled mages being there. Perhaps… the Northern Academy, or Didienne? Well, you’re a card dragon- you must know plenty of magical scholars. For the smallest risk of side-effects, we really need both light and dark magic users. I’m sure you must know somebody?” She peered insistently at Rokam, apparently intent on blocking out sentiment with action.

“Well,” was all he could sheepishly reply. “Not, uh… not as such.”

Last edited by Artemis on Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Apparently the strangeness of this 'soul anchoring' thing was mutual - Raffi could feel Rokam's bodily movements like her own, so maybe his magic was covering her as well. She couldn't tell, but 'weird' summed it up perfectly. However, when the other card dragon realised how long she had been trapped, Raffi's attention left the strange mutual flow of magic, and her heart dropped into her stomach. It broke her heart to see the look of that dragon's face.

She appreciated the decision on her part to act, rather than dwell on it. If it had been Raffi, she would have collapsed into grief - it was a credit to the card dragon's strength that she could put it aside for now to deal with the task in hand. As the Card dragon asked about magic users, Raffi looked expectantly towards Rokam, but quickly noticed his doubt, both by the look on his face and the change in his heart rate.

“I don’t know anyone either – there aren’t really any magic users back home…” she added, suddenly concerned. She thought hard, but she had always been a homely sort of dragon – she didn’t even know where to look. “I suppose there will be odd magic users everywhere… but I don’t think we know any personally.”

They could always try wandering around, looking for a helpful, friendly, magic-wielding oddball, but they were kinda on a timescale from what the heart card had told them. Although Raffi felt fine sustaining Rokam for now, she was sure than the pull of that foul vial would begin to tell on them both with time, and they couldn’t risk that happening without having some sort of lead to chase.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 4:38 pm

Raffi was clearly upset on the other card’s behalf; Rokam shifted in clear discomfort, not used to having to console people. Luckily, though, everyone seemed prepared to move on.
“True,” said the heart doubtfully, frowning in response to Raffi’s words- and also, no doubt, at the disappointment of Rokam’s failure. “I would be surprised if a village healer or even the average mage had any kind of competence in light or dark magic, though…”

For a moment, a gloomy silence hung over the trio as they contemplated their options. After a moment, Ro lifted his head, eyes narrowed in thought.
“I don’t know if it would be possible, with the vial’s spell on me,” he began slowly. “But… maybe if I used my powers and you helped me, we’d be able to find someone?” Seeing the skeptical look on the other card’s face, he hurriedly continued, “I mean, it must be possible that we find someone and succeed, right? So what we really need to do is just find that possibility, make sure we’re where we need to be for it to happen, and try to strengthen it enough that the other person is, too. That’s one of the big things Jaden was working on last time I saw him- how to track down certain possibilities. Thing is, though, it’s okay for him because he can kind of look at all the different possibilities however he wants but I just see random ones and I don’t really have that much control…” Embarrassed, he trailed off, realising that he was rambling.
“It’s probably a stupid idea,” he mumbled finally.

“No,” replied the heart card slowly. “It could work. My powers often used to manifest as what looked like ghosts doing what might come to pass- sometimes, when my powers were especially strong, I couldn’t tell what was future and what was present. Right now, I’m weakened enough that I can only see tiny flickers… but if you added your strength to mine, we might be able to find ourselves returning here, successful in breaking the spell, and track ourselves back to where we had come from. Hopefully that would be enough to prompt your visions and show us exactly what we needed to do.”

Rokam nodded eagerly. “Triggers often work for me. At least, that’s what Jaden said.”
“I’m grateful you listened in your lessons sometimes,” she replied, with a tiny smile, before turning her gaze on Raffi. “The only issue is… No doubt, if Rokam uses his magic, it will cause the vial to pull him in much more rapidly. It will be a greatly increased toll on you, and our opportunity for Rokam to use his powers will only be brief before he is too drained to continue. Are you willing to risk it? Do you think you’re strong enough?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Raffi listened carefully to the Card dragons discussing their plan for what to do next, feigning understanding, but not truly following the entire conversation. Of course, Raffi had seen one of Rokam's visions herself earlier on, and it was still playing on her mind, but one vision hardly made her an expert in fate magic.

The general gist seemed to make sense though - the older card was going to try to combine their powers to trigger a full vision for Rokam, or something like that. At least, that was how Raffi understood what was being discussed.

"Of course I'll help!" she blurted when the heart dragon spoke again. "I mean, umm, it's probably safer to get anything that requires magic out of the way now, rather than wait for the vial's spell to get worse. Using my magic will tire me out eventually, but right now I have plenty of it, so yes, I ting we should do it!" Raffi was perhaps overoptimistic, but it made sense to do anything they could to find a solution fast. They could walk around DC forever looking for a suitable mage if they didn't try doing it this way, and that couldn't be good for Ro.

The heart dragon acknowledged her agreement, and only then did any doubts start to emerge in Raffi's head. She had never trained her magic, although she had been lead to believe lifebloods had a naturally high arcane ability, an she had never tried something this big before. She was sure she'd be able to feel it already if it as going to be too much, but she had no way of truly knowing...

she stopped herself from thinking about it too much. She couldn't say no, and there was no use fretting about what could happen. "So, I suppose the sooner we get started, the better, right?" she piped up again, grinning her way through what was left of her uncertainty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5