Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Russell hesitated when he heard Silence ask so brazenly for the barkeep's strongest shots. He made eye contact with the barkeep and shrugged, giving the man a helpless little grin. The bar tender shrugged and started pouring their drinks, and Russell set his barely touched ale aside. A small part of him dreaded what was about to happen, and the rest curious to see exactly what Silence would do with Firewhiskey, the Yarrowitizan local brew of choice for those who wanted to get particularly smashed in a hurry.

When their first shot came and Silence downed it like water, Russell couldn't help but laugh at the expression on her face, downing his own and setting the shot glass back down with a click. "It is called Firewhiskey, after all." He replied in that charmingly snarky way that he had. "It's supposed to taste like fire in a glass." After the second shot he knew he was in trouble. Kaionar had strong spirits all right, and he could certainly drink with the best of them. This was the good stuff though, and there was no amount of alcohol tolerance in the world that could prevent the assassin from getting tipsy himself.

The third shot went down and he felt decidedly warm, his palms buzzing oddly and laughed at Silence's statement. "Have you then?" He asked, swinging around and holding out his shot glass for a refill. "I'm sure you've had your pick of stallions in your time, eh fire dancer?" He asked with a suggestive wink, not even bothering for subtle anymore. "How about showing me those riding skills after we finish this last shot?"
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:56 pm

"Working with a circus I see my fair share of animals coming and going. You'll see my skills on the 'morrow certainly!" She dared have a fourth shot and turned her empty glass over to signal she was done. Her face was in full flush and she leaned on the bar, not bothering to face away from the tipsy assassin. Honestly when he mentioned 'skills', she had thought nothing of the horrendous suggestive tone he used. It was after a short while that her drunkenness properly kicked in and she smiled at him. "My 'time' hasn't been all that long and you know it! Besides what would us going horseback riding in the middle of the night prove?" Indeed, Silence had never been plastered, and would likely not remember any of this the next day, but she'd remember one or two of the stupid things she'd come out and said for no apparent reason. The fiery gypsy girl was the type of drunk who laughed and made stupid jokes and lost her common sense. "Rusty the jokes you tell would make the lewdest of crime lords blush!"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 12:47 am

He took the fourth shot at the same time that she did, noting her turned glass and grinned. "Looks like I win." He still had his ale left and took a sip out of that, doling out the coin on the top of Silence's shot glass that would be necessary to cover their expenses. "You'll owe me…" he squinted, silently counting with his lips moving wordlessly. "Seven silvers." Russell declared, sitting back satisfied that he could still do basic addition and took another sip of his ale. Turning once more to Silence, he tried his best to contain a chuckle and almost snorted his ale. "The jokes I tell barely scratch the surface of the one's I've heard, little miss." He replied and tipped his mug toward her in a silent salute to everything he wasn't saying. Taking one more drink from the ale, he finished about half of it and set it aside, standing from his place at the bar with remarkable grace and held out his hand, taking a step around Silence. "Since you have admitted defeat, let us be on our way, my lady." Even forcing his words to sound as courtly as he could manage, he could not force his grin to stay off his face, his famous expression harder to repress when he was inebriated. And Russell wouldn't lie to himself; he was definitely inebriated.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 6:31 pm

All the poor girl remembered at dawn the next day was just how much she'd drank the night before and how badly her head ached. Even the sound of her own breathing was enough to cause spikes of agony to rip through the very grey matter of her brain. Excruciating pain aside she at least remembered that the last person she'd seen before blacking out was Russell, and after that she really had no inkling as to what transpired in her lapse of memory. At least her clothing was intact, if not slightly disheveled from sleeping in it. "Saints have mercy. . ." she muttered trying to sit upright without the room spinning around her. "Russ, you here?" The slightest things woke that elf and she knew her painful muttering would be enough in any case.

Last thing she'd expect would be for him to still be sleeping off the previous night somewhere in the general vicinity, but for the lack of lighting and mental capacity to use her magic, Silence hadn't any idea where he was. In an effort to push the pain away, she forced herself to stand and look around, as well as crack a bad joke or two. "Rise and shine dearie, dawn comes a-face and you're such a stickler for time management."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:41 pm

The second that he felt Silence start moving around, Russell was awake. It was a bleary sort of awake, but he was aware and that was a lot better than how his apprentice was about to feel when she woke up in earnest. Feigning sleep still, he donned his disguise from last night in a quick cloak of magic, brown hair turning blonde again and buried his face in what he thought was a pillow, but turned out to be Silence's shoulder.

It had made no sense at all to Russell to rent two rooms when they could share one just as well and save a few coins to boot. Not like Silence needed to be any more in debt to him than she already was, and if she thought that she'd spend the night alone, she had another thing coming. Which was probably exactly what she found out when she got up and Russell's head thunked down on the mattress instead of resting on her shoulder and his hands that had previously been shoved up under her shirt limply relinquished the warmth of her stomach. "Present." He mumbled, drawing a deep sigh and lifting his hand briefly in the air before letting it thump down on the sheets again.

Russell sat up and stretched, realizing a little belatedly that he was only half wearing his shirt around one arm and laughed, slipping his arm out of the sleeve. "Stickler for time management now, am I?" He asked, standing as well and gave another long stretch, a few joints in his back and shoulders cracking blissfully. "I don't remember that being part of my description, but I'll take it. We need to get a move on if we want to steal a horse and be on our way before the natives wake up."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:50 pm

It took the girl a few moments of watching him to realize exactly where she'd just been and it made her skin crawl. "I cannot believe I even stayed in the same bed with you. . ." She did however feel a bit bad that she'd yanked away from him so quickly after coming to the conclusion that he'd been cuddled up to her and sleeping soundly. "Sorry for disturbing you though." All her movements and thought processes felt disturbingly alien as the pain in her head turned to a fuzzy numbness. "Do most hangovers turn to a numb feeling like your head's stuffed with cotton?" Truthfully it was more like her head was stuck in the clouds with an electric buzz running through her ears but the idea was the same in her mind. What use she had of it this early and it being affected by alcohol.

She halfway ambled over to Russell and gave him a light pat on the shoulder, trying to look cheerful. No sense in being all that cranky when they had to set out in such a short time. "I just have one question for you, why the hell were you so close to me?" There wasn't any discernible anger in her tone or body language, she just kind of wondered why. Just another quirk in his disposition she supposed. "Either way, you lead the way I'm just the apprentice."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:07 pm

"Usually bad hangovers turn into profuse vomiting." Russell replied flippantly, rolling off the bed and searching around for his shoes, rubbing his eyes as he did so and adjusted his shirt so that it fit back on properly. He ran his tongue along his teeth and decided right then and there that they were grabbing some kind of breakfast before making their break. Of course it was a good idea to have a backup supply of food, but he was more concerned at that moment about the after taste of the alcohol from last night than starving on the open road.

He looked up when Silence touched his shoulder, his eyebrows arching quizzically, which turned into a little grin. "Why wouldn't I be so close?" He asked, rising halfway to his feet with the intention of invading that shrinking little personal space bubble that Silence continued to maintain. "A beautiful lass in my bed? I should have gotten closer." His hand touched her arm, his palm on the crook of her elbow, the distance between their lips leaving only enough space for breathing.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 pm

"Well you and your lack of respect for personal space make a nice pillow all the same. Not to say I'd be willing to let you stay in the same bed with me if I were sober, but it was a comfort not to wake up alone." When he again got close to her she started to look annoyed before she realized it wasn't so bad to let him get a "little" closer to her. Seeing as she would be spending the next few weeks traveling with him it would definitely be awkward if she couldn't trust him in the slightest. Her stomach growled at her impatiently and the aforementioned nausea started to kick in a few moments later. The still-sobering gypsy immediately faced away from him looking green. "Hate to ruin your fun but I don't want you to see me get sick."

Of course the next few minutes of her morning involved her dry heaving into an empty chamber pot, but it was better than nearly vomiting on Russell. That would have been just about the most embarrassing thing to happen yet. After coming to the conclusion that she wasn't going to be having any serious problems prior to eating, she properly fixed her attire and detangled her hair. "Guess we'd best get ready to leave, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Russell left Silence to her retching, heading down the stairs and into the kitchen to find them some food that would be good for travel. He found a couple loaves of bread, some cheese and sausage that would do nicely, and was interrupted by the kitchen boy who had woken before dawn to get the place ready for the chef. He entertained the lad with a coin trick and paid the boy for his silence, then swiped a couple of colorful fruits native to the Yarrowitzian forest and paid a short visit to the stables. There were some fine horses here, though most were parade beasts and would fall lame if put to anything remotely smacking of strenuous work for an extended period of time. He picked out a couple of mild looking pack horses, snatched a water skin off of one, and headed back upstairs.

Seeing that Silence had gotten control of her alcohol purge, he handed the water skin over. "Swish and spit, first. Post-hangover mouth only gets worse the longer you let it sit." Moving around the room, he gathered his thing, humming to himself quietly a tune he'd heard on the streets somewhere. "There's a pair of horses in the barn. Let's head out before their owners awaken."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Getting used to being ordered around wasn't very fun, and if Silence's brain had been functioning at all close to normally she'd have rattled off a witty comment or two. Though truthfully it was all she could do to just nod and do like she was told without getting lost in the middle of her instructions. "Feels like my head's filled with electrified cotton. Looks like you'll be navigating till I can think more clearly." The only thing she didn't have trouble doing, of all things, was getting on her horse; despite it looking nervous at having a hungover person in the saddle. "Ah come on, take it easy I won't be like this the whole trip. A little sunlight and some fresh air will get me set straight." Obviously Silence's equine companion didn't immediately respond to her words of reassurance, but the calmness in her voice was a slight help in keeping the horse from going absolutely overboard and making a fuss.

Once out on the road, it took barely an hour for the fire breather to get her bearings and clear her head. Somehow the ringing that was beginning to subside in her brain made her remember something and she couldn't resist blurting it to her friend. "You know, one day when I was about ten my stepfather went behind mother's back and tried to arrange a marriage for me. He brought home a coworker one day and introduced me to his son who was just a year maybe two years older than me. I liked him well enough I guess, as far as meeting someone close to my age; but I didn't really care too much it wasn't love at first sight. When he told mother he wanted me out of the house she pulled back and knocked him clear across the face! She sat down with me after all was said and done and told me that nobody had the right to decide what I did with my life. I was my own person and it was my choice to live as I saw fit. I suppose that's why I chose to travel with you instead of staying where I was."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 am

Russell's eyebrows shot up into his hair, leveling Silence with a slightly amused gaze. "Why Silence, is this a ploy to try and get me to open up about my past to you? Or are you saying that I seem like a dangerous bad-boy that will sweep you away from your boring life at the Circus?" He asked in a teasing tone, then settled back into his saddle and absently stroked the neck of his stolen horse. "Why am I not surprised to learn that you take after your mother? I suppose you had to get it from somewhere..." He chuckled to himself, keeping his eyes on the horizon. "Your mother seems like she was a kind woman... It isn't very strange, you know. For girls to marry men of means and have little say in the matter, that is."

He felt like this line of conversation was about to lead straight into another session of provoking the proverbial bear that was Silence's temper, but it was something to talk about. They had a very, very long trip ahead. Better to fill it with conversation than nothing. "She was probably right, though, setting you free." He mused absently. "You would have been miserable as a housewife."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:59 pm

"I'm saying you and I are similar in that we don't like staying in one place too long, makes for good traveling company. Honestly if I met the right person I don't think I'd have trouble dealing with marriage, but being stuck in one place just makes me uneasy. Most men don't like the idea of constant traveling so I doubt I'll ever properly settle down and stay in one place for good regardless of how this trip turns out for me. Could you imagine me as a housewife?! I'd go insane!" It was laughable, totally laughable to think she'd stay at home and raise kids and stay under a man's thumb! "Cooking and cleaning and having to mend clothes in a stuffy house. . .it just isn't my scene. Raising children? I'd be in hell!"

Several hours of riding proved to make the gypsy girl quite antsy to walk about and do something besides sit. "Rusty, if you're willing to tell me anything about your past it's all up to you. I know better than to go sticking my nose in your business uninvited. I've grown used to you involving yourself in my affairs whether I like it or not, so it's no huge matter to me." She decided to lay back and shut her eyes as the sun rose higher in the sky, hoping to ease the pressure building in her back from sitting in the saddle for so long. "You had best count your blessings you aren't a woman built like this."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:18 am

After so long spent in silence simply swaying in the saddle as the horses steadily plodded along, Russell had been on the verge of dozing off. If it weren't for the uncomfortable nature of spending so much time in the saddle he would have already fallen asleep and slid to the ground. "There's not much to say about my past." Russell shrugged, looking at Silence. "I was an assassin in Kaionar. We're heading there, so if you missed it the first time, you'll have a second chance to understand what that means." Especially if they were going to run into Silence's long-lost family.

The ride to Kaionar proceeded in much the same fasion. Russell got quieter the closer they got, and the morning that they saw the city on the Horizon, he was downright morose. "I didn't think I'd be back to see this place so soon." He mumbled, stroking the neck of his horse absently, staring at the outer houses. From the west approach, the homes lining the streets reflected the wealth of a trade route, the shanties nearly hidden behind the row of merchant homes built in a mix of Yarrowitizan and Kaionarian style. "Have you still got your will? We'll need it if you plan on finding your family here."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:04 am

Silence produced the now-infamous document from her shirt and then immediately hid it again. "Don't look so terribly depressed Rusty, please? I know you don't like being back here but you got me to travel with and I'm not trying to kill you at least. Now hold still." At that point she moved her horse over and tied the two sets of reigns together before sitting behind him. "There, now you better not drag the mood down it's a beautiful morning." There was a real risk in her getting so comfortable with him, but in Kaionar she had no choice but to trust him implicitly. "As far as this trip goes I'm trusting you with my life. I know nothing about this city compared to you so I'm following your lead. Once I get my business hammered out I'd like to help you with who you're looking for."

The outskirts of the city were rather lovely, until she recognized the shanties that she saw her first time properly visiting. That old weasel's shop was probably still standing and occupied by the cranky old cuss. "Bet that cranky weasel's shop is still thriving. Makes my shoulder ache thinking about it." If she hadn't gone to see the old weasel she'd probably have had her arm removed long ago, and she'd have never met Russell. "Think we'll end up in a fight?"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:46 am

"While I wouldn't be surprised that some gang would be waiting to mug us, hopefully my sunny personality and no-nonsense expression will dissuade them from attacking." He smiled over his shoulder at Silence, adjusting his seat a little once she had sat down behind him. Inhaling deeply, Russell breathed in the familiar scent of desert air and his illusion magic washed over him again, darkening his skin and hair, his eyes turning brown. "We'll get you some sort of disguise once we're in the city proper... Maybe some new clothes. We can't have you turning up on your family's doorstep smelling like horse, after all." They crossed the threshold of the trade street, now surrounded on both sides by the tall merchant houses.

"Keep close lass, and I'll make sure your trust isn't misplaced." He tried to sound cheery, but he was feeling the weight of returning to the city and the responsibility of having someone that he had to look out for. "I'll keep that promise if you keep yours. But if you find out that your long lost relatives are a cushy setup, I won't hold you to it. Having a real family and somewhere to call home..." He sighed whistfully. "Well, I'd probably want to stay behind."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:19 am

"Just because my family might be well off doesn't mean I'll leave what I have for it. Money can't buy happiness I don't think. It can't buy you love for certain. As for a disguise, doubt anything could hide me from your former gang at this point. I nearly roasted one of them after all and I don't believe they'd forget that." At his mention of having somewhere to call home she rested her chin on his shoulder and grinned. "You have a home with us and you know it. I know it's not the normal kind of family, but personally I think we'd be incomplete without you." If she could perhaps hide her eyes under a hooded cloak she'd be just fine, but she'd also need to bind her chest and try to look as inconspicuous as she could. That was never easy.

"I couldn't bear living in this hellhole for all the money in the world anyway, too dangerous." In terms of taking care of herself, everything came easily but she never worried too terribly much over the little details concerning her clothes. If her family turned out to be remotely important, then showing up in her spare travel clothing was definitely not going to get her anywhere fast on getting the answers to her questions. "Guess you have a point there. Either way I'm just going to stay as quiet as possible and not attract attention."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:38 am

"You'd be surprised what a good set of clothes can do." Russell replied, leaning his cheek briefly against Silence when she propped her head on his shoulder. He smiled a little at the declaration that the Circus was his home despite the fact that they'd both abandoned the hodgepodge of weirdos that he'd come to call friends. "Well, I suppose I have my first challenge, huh?"

After speaking with the little lady of the house, Russell headed upstairs. He had to find Silence and set a few things straight, especially if he was going to disappear for a little bit and leave her in the care of her newly found family. After a little bit of searching he ended up right where he'd begun; back out in the garden. He saw silence speaking with the young man from before and the horse dragon as well.

Approaching the little group, Russell cleared his throat. "Silence?" He called, tilting his head to the side inquisitively. "Can I have a moment?" He gestured toward the house, sparing a smile for Silence's company.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:17 am

"Oh, sure thing!" She waved to her companions and walked over to him looking curious. "What's on your mind?" She hadn't any idea where in the world he'd gone off to, but she knew he hadn't left the property or she'd have heard from either Rose or Zold about it. "I don't think I'll be moving here permanently, as it turns out. The magic in this house wreaks havoc on me, I actually caught fire in the living room when I first got settled." The things that Zold had said and all the fuss he'd caused had really started to weigh on her shoulders, much like the exercise she'd done previously which was causing her legs to feel like they were burning. "This is more that I ever expected to find when I went looking for my family. A bratty, precocious, snobby little sister and a father that cares a little more than he should, wonder what I'll find on mother's side."

"You seem tense, was it what my father kept going on about?" It would make a good deal of sense, but honestly she had no idea where he'd gotten the idea they were engaged. She mentioned that she had feelings for him, not that they were getting married! Zold could come to some wild conclusions with very little information. . .not unlike his hot-tempered eldest but she wasn't about to go admitting any of that any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:28 am

Russell led Silence into the house as she talked, keeping an eye out for others in the immediate vicinity. He didn't want to be evesedropped on or followed, not with what he had to say to Silence. He walked into a sitting parlor of some kind, or perhaps a solar, and waited for Silence to walk in before closing the door behind them. Drawing a deep breath, Russell ran his hands through his hair, messing it up. "Your father is under the impression that we're madly in love." He said bluntly, too rattled from the experience of having a concerned fatherly interview just a little while ago to soften the blow. "He thinks that we are intending to get married, and made it quite clear, in no uncertain terms that he was disappointed that I had not asked for your hand in marriage yet." He looked up at Silence, a frown on his face that he couldn't quite shake. "I don't know what you told him while you were here... but I played along. Your father is very protective of you, so I said what I had to..." He wasn't sure how to make Silence understand the situation. Maybe she already did. She had been in this house longer than he had, been around Zold. "He would do anything to keep you from getting hurt, Silence."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:05 am

"I said something completely harmless and forgot who it was I was speaking to, he took it entirely the wrong way and there wasn't much I could say that would change his mind. Russ he's all-fire enraged that he had no idea about me to start with, most of this harassment likely isn't actually meant for you. I wish I could just go tell him that everything we said was in reaction to him having the wrong impression of our relationship, but the actual state of our relationship is probably going to be worse to him than what he thinks it is. I'll try to calm him down and explain things a bit more clearly when I get the chance, but please trust me I didn't intend to put you through so much trouble."

The fact her father was nobility played into the issue with her not being married, but it still vexed her. "He's like every noble in that respect I guess, marriage is a big thing with them: and no matter how I grew up he's still hoping that I'll learn to comply with at least one or two customs. I'll just explain that we're having to hold off on marriage due to other personal matters taking priority, i.e. getting YOUR questions answered and then figuring out what the heck we're going to do about "settling down" or continuing to travel like we already do. I'll think of something, I promise!"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 am

"Well, whatever Zold believes, let him keep believing it. Your father would even protect you from me if he thought he was within his rights as a father, and I have no desire to end up on some noble's hit list. So please, don't indicate that you're unhappy with our arrangement, or it might be my head." Russell was quiet for a long moment, then took a step back and leaned against the wall, suddenly feeling very weary. "Silence... you said that you trusted me with your life while we were in Kaionar..." He looked up, meeting her gaze steadily. "While you're under Zold's roof, I don't beleive that any harm will come to you. I have to leave. I'll be gone for a little while, but I'll be coming back as soon as I'm finished with my task. Consider this part of your training." He stood away from the wall, flashing her a charming smile and gestured at the room. "I told you back in Golam that you should learn to smile and control that temper of yours... You've done good, but the nobility is a whole other class than what you're used to. If you want to be a good assassin, you have to know how to slip in and out of social circles when the occasion arises."

He glanced briefly out the window of the solar which seemed to have a commanding view of the street below. "From what I've heard, you and your sister don't see eye to eye... literally or figuratively. If you can learn to temper your tongue around her, earn her trust to some degree... maker her like you... Then I'm sure that even this skill won't be out of your reach."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:36 am

"Part of my training. . .Alright. I'll do it, and I won't mention this to father." It was easier to swallow knowing that he was going to be back as soon as he could, but there was still that void to be filled and she'd just have to deal with lessons in acting like a lady to pass the time. "I'm a little scared you won't recognize me when you get back, but that'll be a risk I have to take." Saying goodbye, even for just a short while, was never her strong suit. She gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before looking a bit anxious. "I'll see you soon then, Russell. Good luck."

The two weeks or some such span of time that passed since Russell had left to take care of something had a tendency to drag in places then fly by in the next instant. The fiery gypsy had been through a multitude of lessons and at the end of it all had been brought to a typical social event her father had been invited to. The only trouble was that amidst the commotion someone had drugged her drink and she woke up in a very unfamiliar place. "Hell's bells. . ." she muttered. "I just can't bloody keep out of trouble. . ."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:50 pm

Silence's prison, as much as it could be called such, was a furnished room with a bay window that held a view of a merchant market below. The room was equipped with a desk and a vanity as well as a standing wardrobe and a cabinet of books. In the corner was a four-poster queen sized bed that had been made with fresh sheets. Despite the warm furnishings, the place had a distinctly un-lived-in feel, as if it were a guest room that didn't see many guests.

There was one door out of the room and after a single light knock it opened to reveal a man dressed head to toe in dark leathers, the hilts of throwing daggers clearly sticking out of any number of easily-reachable places. The man was middle-aged, human, and had a well-kept sort of look with his clean shaven face and short cropped blond hair that was beginning to turn grey. He had light brown eyes that displayed nothing of mirth or anything that resembled a distant cousin of happiness, only a cold calculating gaze that quickly took measure and stock of Silence as he closed the door behind himself. Tattoed at the base of his neck was a mark associated with Card dragons, a black spade no bigger than the tip of his thumb.

"So." The man stepped forward into the room, crossing his arms over his chest and the door clicked closed behind him. "You are the mystery daughter of the Xercies line. Your family will be glad to hear that you are well. Tell me though, what possessed you to betroth yourself to Daran, of all people?"
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:07 pm

The man speaking was not much more than a blur to Silence, but she was getting a pounding headache and realized that her hands weren't tied with rope, but iron chains. "Mystery daughter? I guess so considering it's a mystery to me how you know anything of me besides what my father might have said yesterday. I don't know anyone named Daran to speak of, much less have an intended with that name. I am indeed engaged, but Daran isn't his name." Of course this was due to being groggy and not quite awake and incapable of being commanding in such a state. "Care to tell me why I'm here and perhaps why you have my hands in chains? It's not like I'm in any position to attack you, not with you possessing enough visible daggers to kill a small army. There's also the number of daggers you might have on you that I can't see, so that again begs the question of why you went to the trouble of tying me up."

Since he'd come in with so many daggers she wondered if perhaps she wasn't meant to leave the room alive, which greatly unsettled her and the sound of rattling chains only strengthened the point. "Who might you be? I don't recall having seen you before." After a short while she began to wonder if he knew anything further about her, like her occupation outside Kaionar or any of Russell's other aliases. Eventually she came to the conclusion that since she wasn't already dead, there was a reason this man had for keeping her alive. Now to wait and see if he'd tell her anything about why she was there. . .
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:57 am

The man arched a single eyebrow as Silence rambled. "Do you always let your mouth run away from you, or only under duress?" He paused a second, then apparently decided that he didn't really care for the answer before continuing on with the conversation himself. "Word travels fast in this city, especially if you are listening for information. Especially when a descendant of the Xercies line shows up. You must know that a... well, no doubt distantly related cousin of yours is the current ruler of our fair city? She is eager to hear news of any survivors after the unfortunate distruction of your house... But that will come later."

He strode forward toward Silence, just within arms reach and clasped his hands behind his back. "I want you to be assured that I have no intention of harming you. The chains are a procaution toward that end. If you cannot do something foolish like attacking an obviously well armed man, then I will have no need to retaliate in kind. If my abundance of weaponry surprises you, then I have no choice to believe that the rumors claiming that Daran gave up the life of an assassin when he left the city are true... Further more, I am only mildly surprised that your intended has not shared his true name with you. Perhaps you would know him as one of his monkiers? He most often goes by "The Canary" on the streets, but has a slew of other nonsense names. Aloran, Rostinian, Haverdo, Julianos, Russell. Lastly, you may call me Hain, if you must. We are waiting for your intended to show his face when he tries and fails to rescue you so that I might in turn capture and question him." He drew a breath and lifted his eyebrows once more. "Have you any other questions, Lady Grimhart?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next