Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Russell couldn't help but to sigh at her response. It was just so… How had this girl survived? It seemed like with her outlook on what was and wasn't offensive, she could be offend by just about anything. "If you want to make it up to me lass…" He started, climbing up into the carriage with a wince, his bruised shoulder hating him for the movement. "…then we're going to have to work on your people skills." And just as luck would have it, they had a long boring ride to discuss just such matters.

*~*~*

The trip to Golam had been a continual stream of new experiences for Russell. Fitting in with the other performers in the circus had been a bit of a challenge at first since they regarded him like something akin to a stowaway. After using his considerable personal charm to worm his way into the trust zone, he'd done his best to prove that he had the skills to keep up with the daily tasks and pull his own weight in performances. After that he had free reign of the place and used the privilege frequently to just explore things. Life outside Kaionar was surprisingly peaceful, and even though some of his old habits like checking his food for poison still held on like a bad habit, he found himself beginning to wonder why he hadn't escaped the city sooner. Having friends that weren't continually threatening him with swords if he didn't pay protection fees was especially nice.

Compared to Kaionar and Yarrowitz, Golam was a sleepy little village in the middle of nowhere. Russell had wondered why they were here now instead of heading for Didienne or some other large city, but it wasn't really his decision. Plus, the scenery here was nice. Golam was primarily a farming village, and the rolling hills were dotted with farmhouses lit from the inside with candles and lanterns against the backdrop of the sun setting over the sea, setting the sky ablaze with orange and yellow. It was a beautiful sight, and Russell took a few moments from unpacking his belongings to simply look at it.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 7:07 pm

It was a trial to deal with Russell on an occasion or two, but he was a big help otherwise. Her temper was no longer such a big deal and she took things less seriously now, but she still got cranky when she was woken from naps. She wandered over to Russell and tried to help him unpack before pausing with a smile. "Believe it or not this isn't the best this town has to offer. I've heard that the beach is breathtaking, but that's an adventure for another day, yes?" she asked with a yawn.

Something told her though that she'd be doing night swimming if Russell had anything to say on the matter. In any case that'd mean wandering through jungle brush by moonlight and risking all kinds of injury. After waking up a bit she stood next to him and smiled. "If only the rest of the island could be like this, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 am

He perked up when he heard a familiar set of footsteps and abandoned his possessions altogether when he saw Silence coming, lifting his hand in friendly greeting. "The beach, huh?" Russell repeated, looking out over the small village on the coast, a thoughtful look on his face. "You know lass, after a long trip, it's usually a good idea to walk around a bit." He shot her a grin, one of those playful expressions that meant he was planning on getting up to no good. "Might help to wake you up too."

With a soft chuckle he closed the bag that held his performance clothes tightly so that the moths and dirt wouldn't be tempted to get into it. "We don't perform until tomorrow." Like Silence needed reminding. "And if we wait around, then we'll have to go on setup duty. What would you say to… oh, I don't know, maybe prancing on down there while there's still some light to be had and scoping out the locals, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:55 am

"I'll be going for a swim I dunno what you'll be doing." she replied smiling. "Haven't been swimming in years." She pulled out her old boots and tugged them on forgetting how odd they looked with a skirt. "Can you even swim?" she asked as she started off walking. Sooner than she thought, she was navigating through dense underbrush and wishing she'd worn pants instead of a skirt. After figuring out what tugged at her skirt and what didn't, she quickly adapted to hopping over briar patches and tangles of vines.

"So, you think you'll find a girl to settle down with now that you're out of Kaionar?" she inquired. Made no difference to her, he wasn't her type or so she thought. He was attractive, but he was a shapeshifter and a well-trained assassin. She still didn't exactly trust him, but now that she wasn't a target she didn't really fear him to any great extent, except when he got that mischievous smile on his face, THEN she feared what he could do.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:45 am

Seeing that he had managed to convince Silence to skip out on work, Russell was more than happy to follow her into the bushes toward the shore and hope that nobody was too made for them disappearing in the middle of unpacking. "I haven't the slightest clue." He replied with a cheery grin. "There's no open water in Kaionar so, you know, no chance to learn that sort of thing. Besides lass, nobody drowns in a desert." He ducked under a branch that tried its best to get tangled up in his hair. "Well, there have been a few people who've drowned, but it's not because they couldn't swim. Getting assassinated in a bathtub doesn't really count toward my point."

He was a little surprised by her questioning what designs he had on his love life and shot her an inquiring glance, but Silence was too busy avoiding brambles to notice at the second. "Lass, I only just got done being settled." He replied with a short laugh, expertly hopping on top of a fallen mossy trunk, his footing sure despite the slippery surface. It still surprised him how much of his talents honed by running away from angry gangsters had carried over to normal life. Like balancing on things. He never fell unless it was on purpose and all thanks to scurrying over the roofs of shanties. "Besides, you know that you're the only girl for me, right?" His trademark grin crept onto his face again as he watched Silence for what he hoped would be a decent reaction this time.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:46 pm

She was quite happy to listen to him until he mentioned HER. She paused and picked up a rock from the forest floor before launching it straight at him from where she stood. When she turned, her face was a mix of several emotions: angry that he'd make such a bold assumption, flustered because of that same statement, and downright stunned that he'd said it at all. "You'll learn not to take the things you say to me for granted. After several years of being on my own I don't think I'm really good enough for anyone, at least not good enough where it really counts." She'd been talking about her outspoken personality, but she almost knew that he'd have gone in the opposite direction. Her face made a slight change from anger to hurt and she shook her head.

"I certainly don't think I'm good enough for you." she muttered as she turned to keep walking. Sure, she knew she had looks going for her, but her personality was like alcohol, an acquired taste. Some never learned to like her and forever avoided her, and others couldn't like her enough. For a moment she thought back to when she was little and her father always expected too much of her, thus she never believed she was any good at the things she was asked to accomplish. Since then she'd grown and found that she "could" do all those things that tormented her as a child. Her only trouble seemed to be with the male gender, except in the case of people like Russell who had a vested interest in the out-of-the-ordinary.

Her confidence level had never been an issue until she'd gotten past 18, it was when she'd grown out of being a child that things started to get complicated and confusing. Moreso now than before she'd gone to Kaionar it seemed. That was the way with fate though, apparently, for her company got stranger and stranger.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am

On some level, Russell had known that she would react badly to prodding her with talks of lovey dovey stuff, Silence not being particularly known for bouts of romanticism. The rock being thrown at his head was an extra little display of her charming nature and he easily dodged the flying projectile only to end up face-deep in a tree branch that he didn't remember seeing before. Wrestling with the tree, he almost missed the quiet confession she didn't think she was good enough, and for once he went quiet. Hopping down from the fallen trunk, Russell walked up behind her quietly, confused and concerned about the sudden rush of emotion she was having at his jest. Apparently, this was an incredibly touchy subject that he'd managed to stumble into and was now knee-deep in. At risk of prodding the proverbial bear, he navigated his way so that they could walk side by side, studying the profile of her face carefully. "Lass, I think you're being a bit hard on yourself." Motivational speeches weren't really his strong suit, but he'd give it a shot. "You're a good looking girl and you've got spirit. Never underestimate that. Besides, as long as you've got a cheerful disposition, there's really nothing to get down on yourself about. You're just fine as you are." Russell smiled at her, a legitimate smile instead of the mischievous cocky ones that he threw her way then lightly tapped his fist to her forearm. "Now, lets get to that beach so you can watch me flail around and drown, huh? Doesn't that sound fun?"
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:05 am

She couldn't resist a smile. "I suppose teaching you to swim is likely out of the question. . .and seeing you flail about like a fish out of water does sound fun. . .Alright let's keep going!" Just before the forest started to thin out she paused and pulled a twig from her hair. "Now honestly, were you just joking about me being the only girl for you?" She wouldn't really care if he'd just been joking, and it was the answer she expected to hear. "Because I really do think I'm not good enough for you. Or at the very least I don't think I'm your type." To be blunt she had no idea what his "type" was, and after she'd said it, it made little sense for her to assume such a thing. The reason for that being that he liked her company well enough to stay this long, so in theory he might just prefer girls with a bit of spark.

As she felt the ground change from underbrush to sand, she removed her shoes and wandered out to the water. "If I didn't live with a circus, and I had free reign to choose where to live, I'd likely choose here or some other place with a beach. This climate is truly perfect!" She debated actually going swimming, since it was getting late and it WAS the open sea. Best to stick to tidal pools and water guarded by sandbars.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:03 pm

"Augh, I thought teaching me was going to be half of the fun!" Russell groaned playfully, trying to pout and look hurt. The sound of the sea came through the forest now, the smell of salt in the air intensifying until the beach was below their feet, the forest clinging to the shoreline giving way in the sandy turf. The excitement he had for finally seeing the ocean was dulled somewhat by Silence's relationship questions. Apparently she hadn't realized he was kidding. But after the little breakdown earlier, he wasn't about to do this Russell style like normal. "I was joking, lass." he replied with a certain amount of seriousness that was uncharacteristic. "Honestly, I wouldn't know what to do with a woman if I had her for more than a day. My type is usually business related. But, I figure you're good enough for anyone you set your eye on." His little speech delivered, Russell followed suit and took off his shoes, tying the laces together and throwing them over his shoulder, inhaling the breeze and watched Silence walk ahead of him.

He was a little mystified by just the largeness of the ocean. He kept expecting to see mountains on the other side, but it was just rolling blue waves and little else. It would take a lot of getting used to. After a moment of surveying the scene, he walked down the beach, smiling at Silence's enthusiasm. "It's better than the desert, for sure." He agreed readily and stood at the edge of the water line, the waves running over his feet when they swelled high enough. "Now, about that swimming lesson."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 pm

"Am I now?" she asked with a slightly shocked look. "Suppose I were to turn my affections to 'you'...How would you deal with that based on your previous statement?" She had been MAINLY teasing, but she couldn't help feeling a tiny bit of attraction toward him, what with all the time they spent together. Not to mention the fact they'd been staying together for a while. The latter not of much consequence since there wasn't really anywhere else to put him. Neither of them minded really. "If you want a swimming lesson, a lesson you shall get." She wore a pair of knee length leggings under her long skirt, mostly for convenience instead of frilly knickers, but they also doubled as excellent swimwear.

Upon removing her now useless, hindering skirt, she fixed her shirt and jumped straight into the water. "Come on no chickening out now! Let's go you desert birdbrain!" How she'd missed swimming! The water was just deep enough for a swimming lesson, but not deep enough to sink and drown. A moment to tie her hair back and she was as ready to teach as she'd ever be. In the interim, she floated on her back and enjoyed the last rays of the setting sun. "Any day now. . ." she taunted with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 12:46 am

Russell raised his eyebrow at that comment. "Then I suppose that would make me lucky, wouldn't it?" He replied without missing a beat, but inside he was quietly panicking. She was kidding, right? She had to be kidding. There was nowhere for him in the Circus to run away from legitimate affection. Briefly he entertained the thought of a one night stand (which was easy, considering that she was stripping off her clothing right in front of him) but he'd long come to the conclusion that Silence was the type that you took to dinner a few times before getting an invite to do the devil's tango, and that was just not something that Russell did. Nope. Swimming was a safer topic. A much safer topic.

With a short sigh at her choice of insults he pulled off his shirt, making sure to do so in just the right way and tossed it next to Silence's discarded skirt, his shoes landing on top of the pile. Trying to keep his mind on anything but the way that Silence's wet clothing clung to her body, he got in the water as well, surprised when it was colder than he thought it was going to be and waded out to where Silence was floating, keeping this feet firmly attached to the sandy bottom. "Alright, oh mighty teacher, educate me in your crafty, crafty ways." Russell reached out and poked her in the side, hoping she'd flail around, but would be content if she simply stared at him like an imbecile.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:20 am

She frowned and splashed at him for poking her side. "Nyehhh!" she squeaked. With a slight flail she stood and gave him a peeved pout. "Poking me won't help." She straightened up and took a tiny second to look at Russell before pointing down the shoreline. "If you don't get it right we'll stay here till dawn, got it? Speed and endurance come with practice, for now we're going to master form." With the tide going out, a sandbar made itself visible, so she hopped up on it. "First though, you need to learn to float. Lie flat on your back and try not to move. Put your feet on the sand when you feel like you're going to sink, ok? Let me know when you've got the hang of it, or you if you need help."

Upon realizing she couldn't nap and teach her admittedly attractive pupil, she got back into the water and sank down to do some diving, perhaps find a shell or two under the moonlight. Something told her this would take a long while, but Russell was likeable and charming, and he didn't mind her company. She surveyed the floor and managed to find a shell or two, as well as an angry hermit crab, before quietly returning to the surface and checking on her finch. "How you holding up there, sugar?" she called.

[OOC: Water's just about 5 feet deep.]
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 am

He was pleased that Silence reacted as well as she did to the poking. Some might even call him smug. Perhaps once he learned how to properly swim, there would be more poking in the future. For now, he couldn't risk it lest she swim out into deeper water and simply leave him behind, which was entirely possible given that he swam as well as a rock. Although, at her warning about swimming needing endurance and speed, he couldn't help but to laugh out loud. "Lass, it's been a while since someone has told me that. I am a master of speed and endurance, though in entirely different arenas." And no, he wasn't talking about swimming. With a grin he gingerly tried floating, laying back in the water. In the time that it took Silence to dive under water and come back up, Russell had gotten himself a mouth full of sea water and was flailing around uncontrollably, spraying water in every which direction and paddling ineffectively at the churning water like some monster was pulling him under the sea's surface.

Apparently, he floated about as well as a rock too.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 4:06 pm

With a sigh to herself she walked over and put her hands under his shoulders to steady him. "Stop flounderin', Russ. That was a good start though, since swimming is controlled flailing anyway." After giving her two cents, she moved back a bit and prodded at him. "Speed and endurance? You? I'll believe that when pigs fly!" It was all in good fun, until the bird learned to swim, then she wouldn't be able to tease him and get away with it. Just to mess with him she sneaked a little closer and splashed him. "And I think you've known me long enough to call me by my name, haven't you?" she asked unable to resist laughing. Since it'd been a good few weeks he'd been staying with her, she thought he'd have abandoned calling her 'lass' ages ago.

"Oh, a trick for trying to float, inhale and hold your breath, then lay on your back and don't move. Shoulda mentioned that before, shouldn't I?" Maybe getting floating right would kick start his confidence on learning to swim. She could only hope at this point, it was this or toss him into deeper water and force him to learn the hard way. Tossing him would be difficult though, it'd have to be something different. Something to scheme about while he practiced...
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Spitting water like it was his job, Russell wiped water out of his face and leveled a glare at Silence. "Yes, that might have been a crucial bit of information." He grumbled and slicked his dripping hair back off his forehead. It was a good thing that the water was shallow enough for him to stand in, or else he was sure that he was going to drown under Silence's "careful" eye. "I'll make a deal with you lass," Russell crouched in the water until the waves lapped at the underside of his chin, trying to psych himself up for another try after his disastrous first attempt. "I'll call you by your name if I don't die today. Deal?" In truth, calling her 'lass' has just become a habit more than a conscious discussion, a result of their initial interaction when they'd first met that had simply stuck. He wanted to prod her side again for good measure, but managed to tamp down the urge and withheld. Revenge was a dish best served unexpectedly.

After flailing around a few more times and being on the receiving end of more of Silence's special brand of humor, he got the art of floating down well enough that he could bob along the surface without much help. Actually swimming was a whole other kettle of fish. Mostly, "swimming" amounted to very splashy dog paddling, and he made sure to get Silence especially wet with his efforts. But at least he wasn't spontaneously drowning anymore, which was a vast improvement.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 am

After a while it seemed her teasing had gotten to be more an annoyance than anything else, so she shut her mouth and gave, instead, quiet nudges. "You learn faster than I expected, you'll have this down in no time at all." At his "if I don't die today" spiel, she rolled her eyes. "You might as well just call me by my name, you're not dying if I have anything to do about it." She quickly found that his splashing was making her vision worse, courtesy of the salt content of the water, and thus moved away to the sandbar to watch from a distance. "Stand up Russell. I want you to stop for a minute and relax. Can't have you passing out from exhaustion, can we?" At least now she wasn't trying to be funny. This teaching business was never going to be a permanent career choice, no way. Being in the water so long herself had already made her eyes turn red with salt irritation and her lips were a bit bluish from the cool temperature, no telling how bad a condition HE was in.

"Come sit for a while and catch your breath." Most of the rest period she'd planned to spend in total quiet and enjoy the stars, but knowing Russell that wasn't how it would go. She pulled her knees to her chest and shivered, unknowingly from being "in the drink" too long. "Don't think I'll go into teaching, I'm horrid." she mumbled with a hint of a smile. "You might've been better off jumping in and figuring it out on your own, looking at my methods at least." Exasperated at her less than successful efforts, she flopped back in the sand and stared at the stars wondering if it would rain, what with clouds gathering in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:56 am

"I told you, endurance is one of my strong points."Russell stopped mid-splash with a grin, floating on the surface of the water and waded to the sand bar, his skin instantly breaking out into gooseflesh when he got onto the sand and shivered once. After all the exertion of trying to not drown, he hadn't realized that the night air had gotten rather chilly, and looking down at Silence, he noticed that she was most definitely cold as well.

"Nonsense!" Russel said with his usual flare and plopped down on the sand next to Silence well within the limits of her personal comfort bubble and rubbed his arm briefly for warmth. At least he'd left his shirt on the beach. It would go a long way to warming him up. Silence on the other hand was stuck with her clingy wet shirt, which was enormously distracting to look at and so distracted himself with watching the waves crash on the shoreline. "You'd make a fine teacher, I'm sure. You just have to remember to tell your students about the important bits." He grinned and nudged her shoulder gently. "Like holding your breath. Useful, that."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 am

"I'm a wee bit sadistic with you though, you make my mistakes look hilarious!" She'd been referring to his flailing attempts at floating, when he'd first tried it. It couldn't be helped; she'd starting laughing. "Seeing as the first impression you gave me was a dangerous assassin, your first attempt at floating puts that to shame." Soon it was taking all her self-control to quit, but a clap of thunder several miles off in the distance made her pause and glance around for the source. "Looks like I get my answer." she remarked. Thankfully the storm itself was taking its sweet time in getting to the shore, but it was going to be one Hades of a tempest. Noticing that there weren't many clouds over the mainland, the only answer was the sea in front of them.

"Lesson number two concerning the sea, get as far away from squalls as you can in the time you have." The first was obviously "learn to swim", the second was more common sense, but for one such as Russell, it occasionally needed to be explained. "Think of it this way: a storm that forms over land, or near it, loses its strength fairly quickly, like soup loses heat once it's poured from the kettle. A storm that forms out at sea and has a few miles to gain strength before making landfall is like soup that's still on the fire, no outside forces to cool it down or splash it about. In far simpler terms, we should start heading home." She sat up and watched the horizon for a moment or two to try and estimate how far it was away, but then found the idea to be a waste of time. "Shall we make haste sometime this century?" she asked jumping back in and swimming to shore. Once the water was shallow enough that she didn't need to swim she looked back at Russell and waited for him to join her.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 am

"Tch, give me a desert and a shanty, and I can remind you of my fearsomeness." Russell replied with an inelegant snort, though it was bravado. He rather enjoyed being out of Kaionar, even if that meant he didn't always know what he was supposed to be doing next. He perked up at the sound of distant thunder, watching the clouds roll in over the sea and the darkness that ate up the night sky that came with the impending storm. He rather liked storms actually, he enjoyed the wildness of them and the lightning. They were a rare occurrence in the desert, since they mostly got sand storms, but on this venture with the Circus he'd gotten to see a few. He knew that Silence wasn't a huge fan however, preferring minimal thunder and lightning whenever possible.

Her comparison of soup to storms got him chuckling, wondering how it was that she fathomed such strange metaphors and stood with a stretch, eying the water in front of him warily. "Haste, my lady, is not always the best pace." That, and if she were counting on him to speed swim the distance to shore, then she was going to be tough out of luck. Luckily, it was shallow enough to walk through for the most part and he only had to resort to paddling for a little while. Once on shore he shivered with cold again and shook as much water off of himself as he could. Trying to keep his teeth from chattering together he picked up his shirt and gave it a shake before slipping it over his head and the shivering at least decreased. "Are you going to be alright?" In his relatively warm shirt, Russell was feeling alright, but Silence didn't have the same luxury, and he certainly wasn't about to watch her become victims of a cold. Behind them the storm front rapidly approached, a strong wind starting to kick up and the thunder cracking more loudly and frequently, lightning arching inside the thunderheads, lighting them from within.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:48 am

Once Russell was ready to move she yanked on her boots and haphazardly folded her skirt. "I work with fire for a living, I think I'll be alright for now. If not, I'll suffer through it. But thank you!" In a moment of strange, albeit welcome, affection she kissed his cheek and set off into the foliage without the slightest idea of where she was going. Soon after she set out she stopped and looked back at Russell feeling rather like an idiot. "Is this the way we came here by?" It didn't exactly matter, so long as they got away from the storm and into some place sheltered. "Oh well, even if it isn't, onward we go brave squire!" She didn't care to put her skirt back on for two reasons: one was it would make a darn useful blanket later if need be, and two it was just a bloody hindrance in the woods. Every now and then she paused to look back and make sure the elf was keeping pace, then kept moving forward.

It was that tunnel vision of "forward" that led to her marching her not-so-sane self into a tree, and got her nose covered in some sort of verdent moss. "Hell's bells and pulpit upstarts!" she swore rather angrily as she sneezed the vegetation onto the ground beside her. Along with the moss had been a bit of blood, but in the dark it was almost unseen even in the moonlight. "Might need to light a match if this happens again, hang it all." she grumbled. "Russell you alive back there?" she called turning to where she thought he would be.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:24 am

Her hurried march into the forest without regard to where they were going had surprised him and with an effort he tried to keep her pace. "Las-Silence, I don't-" He got a mouth full of branch and ducked a little to late to avoid it, rubbing his hair where it felt like some creature had grabbed on only to dislodge some leaves. Her continued charge forward into the unknown had him running into more things than he would care to admit, leaving no time to do more than try and call for her to slow down. Which was disappointing, given that she hadn't put her skirt on and all of her clothes were still delightfully clingy. He was grateful when she stopped, even if only because it was that she ran directly into a tree.

Gracefully avoiding a fallen log, Russell came around front by her side, trying to peer at her damaged face. "Yes, I'm here. Just, hold still, will you?" He asked, trying to get a proper look at the damage but it was so dark he was having trouble seeing more than the darkened imprint on her face where the moss had been. With a frown he hold his hand in the space between them just above his head and concentrated on gathering what little available light there was to be had in the immediate vicinity. A soft glow radiated from the tips of his fingers, light from the moon shining through the branches collecting there and lighting up their faces with the silvery light. His cloaking magic wavered with the diversion of magic, the spell keeping his hair looking carmel brown fading to reveal an uninteresting shade of rather normal brown, his eyes (which had been blue today) returned to their natural silvery grey. A discoloration across the bridge of his nose appeared briefly, but it wavered and disappeared as Russell got control of the flow of magic once more. "Looks like you banged yourself up pretty bad." He muttered, assessing the extent of the damage briefly before dismissing the bend of light around his fingers and the glow faded back to nothingness. "We'll have to get someone to patch you up when we get back to the Circus. It'll be no good if your pretty face turns black and blue with a huge bruise."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:53 pm

"Not so worried about temporary damage so much as permanent rearrangement. So long as the latter doesn't come to pass I'll suffer whatever injuries I obtain." When the light went out again, she reached out to grab his hand and lit a match. "Foolish mistake I made earlier, withholding information. I've this broken crystal from one of my previous adventures in the Azure Caves, and it seems that putting it next to my skin amplifies whatever small amount of magic is already there." She let go of his hand for a moment and brought out a small glove from somewhere in a compartment in her right boot. "I'm an idiot today, can't imagine how I forgot these." It then occurred to her that she'd never mentioned them to her companion, and she was now beginning to wonder why.

Something tickled at the back of her mind and while she paid no conscious attention to it, she knew exactly what it was and it was getting worse. Attraction. She'd noticed his eye color change and a light scar across his nose, or at least she 'thought' she'd noticed. Once the glove was on, she pulled the fire away from the match and made it a bit brighter. "This is about all I can do for now, but it'll suffice to get us where we need to go." It felt an awful lot like she was showing off, but really compared to most who used magic that wasn't even worth looking at. "What's that up ahead?" she asked pointing to a patch of light.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Through surprised by her sudden desire to hold his hand, Russell didn't flinch from the contact, just silently watched as she grabbed her crystals and lit them, the small amount of light they provided enough for him to see their nearest obstacles in order to not trip all over them. "Seems useful, given how lost we are." And he didn't even know the right direction to start back, only that the beach was somewhere behind them and the Circus was in the general direction of not-the-beach. He squinted at the patch of light and opened his mouth to speak but a crack of thunder suddenly broke overhead, the concussive noise enough to signal that the storm was here and rain was likely on the way. The smell of damp earth was suddenly on the breeze, and the trees overhead swayed uneasily under the pressure of the wind. "Whatever it is, it's probably going to be dryer than standing out here." He said and reached back to retake Silence's hand in his own, tugging her gently toward the light. "Come on, let's make a break for it before that storm properly hits." Thunder boomed overhead again, the lightning so bright and close that it lit up the forest floor for a second.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 7:57 pm

The fire jumped with blue sparks and she shivered. "Right, let's get moving then!" Over logs and under fallen trunks and such was how it went for a good distance, and in the middle of the jungle where the moonlight was coming from, was a good sized lake. To Silence the world might as well have been standing still, and the storm nothing but a summer breeze. Something about that lake was familiar to her, but she'd never been here before...had she? She stepped further into the clearing and noticed a rather large pile of wood that was likely a home or barn a good few years prior. "It...I-It can't be..." she muttered. Out of impulse rather than logic, she let go of Russell's hand and took off like a bolt to see what was in the remaining rabble that was once an decent sized house.

Of course with every storm comes rain and thunder and lightning, but tunnel vision had its uses. Under a fallen beam, sheltered from nearly outside force except time, was a somewhat frayed piece of canvas on top of a sheet of thin glass. "A picture?" Trying to use the edge of the roof to shield her finding from the rain she just about dropped it in shock. How on earth did her family portrait get here?! "Russell! Come here, quick!" After looking around she noticed that trees had grown up around the barn, but it was still standing. At least it had a roof and likely a place to put a small fire.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:09 pm

"Silence!" Russell naturally took off after her when she suddenly sprinted for what looked like a ruined house. Out in the clearing near the lake it was easier to see and there were less things to trip over, but when Silence had a mind for it she could certainly go. By the looks of the place it had been abandoned for a long time, so he had no idea where the light may have been coming from. The storm broke, the rain cascading in sheets from the heavy black clouds above and the thunder roared with a renewed fury. Whatever it was that Silence had in her hands, it was apparently distracting enough to overcome her fear of storms and when Russell bent over to examine whatever it was that had entranced her so, it was to see a faded picture of what looked like a younger version of his companion, surrounded by individuals of a familial likeness.

The rain was unrelenting, and the remnants of the barn looked like a good enough place to take shelter until morning when they could try and find their way back. Already soaked and cold, he didn't want either of them lingering in the downpour for longer than they had to. "Let's take it inside." He said with a gentle touch to her shoulder. "You're going to catch your death out here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next