Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

[Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Shrugging and turning away, Kassandra looked across the rest of the camp while Silence did what she normally had to do, if she hadn’t used up all her magic of the day. It was strange to not have to do it, to keep this new magic of hers under control like it was… well, nothing, really. When she tugged away her hand, she bent and picked up her armour, brushing one hand across the dented front and turning it a little in the late evening light, making sure there weren’t any new scratches. Nothing too major.
“I’m fine.” She rested the breastplate on her hip as they started back towards the tents, somewhat disturbed by the fact she had to pay so little attention to keeping herself so rigorously under control. It was unnerving; even more so that she was unnerved by something that should have been normal for anyone else.
“Just get whatever, I’m not bothered. And you’ll be fine, just don’t go round scuffing your feet on the ground everywhere then jumping into a roomful of armour.” If she had the energy to kill someone with the electricity she had left in her, then she’d probably end up dead from the effort, putting herself into it too. Lightning magic was strong, but it wasn’t that strong when she had been practising for quite a time, then gotten rid of the excess. This fire magic on the other hand, who knew. Kassandra felt she’d be lucky to last through the night without setting her bedblankets on fire by accident.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:03 pm

"Armor I can stay away from. Never been too fond of it, useful or not. You got any questions you want to ask? I don't know exactly what I can tell you but one thing for sure is you should learn to use my crystal gloves. It's erratic, but it's similar to learning to use lighting." She got out two bowls and began stewing a bunch of vegetables and at least two kinds of meat together in a thick broth. "Have you ever thought of perhaps being a little more outgoing? I'm sure once you're comfortable with people you're a wonder. I mean nervousness aside you seem like a pretty nice girl." Getting the food made wasn't so easy it seemed, the fire wasn't getting hot enough at points. "Hang it all, the one time I get company and fire turns against me. Magic's a funny thing to deal with on a day to day basis."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:47 am

Kassandra threw her armour down with a clang on the ground as they came back to Silence’s tent, sitting down next to it and folding her arms. She didn’t like this one bit; least of all she didn’t like not knowing what was going on within her. With her lightning, at least she knew that it was unpredictable, and she had worked out certain ways of keeping it mostly under control. This… this, it could do anything. Her old techniques might not even work on it.
“I’m not planning on using it much. I’ll be having my own powers back soon, if you would.” Her words were snippy, and she glared down at the ground. Silence was starting to irritate her now, how smoothly she seemed to adjust to this. Everything, from the way she was so familiar, to the ways she tried to get along, it got on Kassandra’s nerves.
“I’m not touching those damn things again.” It was more a snarl now, and she crossed her arms, quite the picture of an angry woman. “And no, I’m fine as I am. You ever thought of being a little more careful with your words? Because I’m sure someone’ll teach you the meaning of them one day.”
She didn’t care about the stupid fire, not when that which was wrong with her was so connected to fire. Keep the stuff away from her.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm

"Oh so you're going to get pissy with me again? Lovely." Silence watched the fire flicker again shook her head. "Why are you getting so angry all of a sudden? You're scared aren't you?" she demanded. "Living life scared of everything that happens to you will get you nowhere! Let me guess you run from any problems outside yourself and you lock yourself away when you think you're the problem. You'll live alone and die alone when you think like that. Another thing, I will speak any darn way I please I don't care how people interpret it. If you've got issues with me then throw the first punch and see where it gets you." Most of the time when Silence got angry, people panicked because she was likely to start a fire, but now she had this strange tingling in her palms and she wasn't quite sure how to deal with it. "You warned me someone would teach me a lesson one day, why not you since you're itching to hit something as it is." Oh the trouble her mouth could get her into, had in the past, just did in the present, and likely would till the day she died.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 4:38 pm

“Why am I pissy? Oh, like I haven’t got anything to be pissed off about. I’m stuck with your bloody circus troop like I’m some performing animal even though I don’t want anything to do with you lot. In the middle of nowhere, with no other work so I can’t even leave! And you’ve stolen my powers!” She rose to her feet and stepped forwards, holding her hands in fists by her sides and quite steaming at the ears. “You keep talking this shit and expecting me to take it with a smile. Wake up and listen, ‘cos it won’t be silence you hear in response.”
Kassandra’s face was a snarl as she looked down on Silence, barely restraining herself from doing as the girl said and knocking the sense into her. She was so grating with her words. Apparently she lacked all filters, for sensitivity, wisdom or kindness, and just said whatever popped into her head.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 5:02 pm

"I didn't steal anything of yours! And it's better to smile and accept what happens to you then learn to deal with it! Just because you're unhappy with yourself and how your life is going is no reason to go trying to make everyone around you feel the same! Stealing and insults aside there's nothing keeping you with us, you can leave at any time. I asked you to come with us so you'd be safer than traveling alone. You tell others to listen and every word anyone says to you falls on stone ears." Her anger had yet to subside, but her voice did quiet down a bit so as not to go hoarse. Silence glared harshly at Kassandra through every word that left her mouth, and turned to bring out the gloves. "I still say you're scared, if not of these gloves then of the world around you and the potential you have. My powers got me nowhere till I learned not to fear them. Doesn't matter that you can 'handle' them in one way or another and know how to use them. What matters is that you're not afraid of them." To prove that point she forced a painful discharge of electricity through her hand down to the ground. Obviously it hurt because she wasn't going through the motions properly, but she made her point. "Despite just hurting my arm, I'm not afraid to try that again, because what you fear will conquer you without a second thought. Maybe you should simmer down and think about that before you go shouting at people."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:21 pm

“If I weren’t lacking in power right now, I’d already be on the road.” Again, Silence didn’t know when to keep her mouth shut, and anything she said right now was bound to rile Kassandra, however mild mannered she was about it. “I can look after myself. I’m a merc’, do you really think I can’t handle the road alone?”
She didn’t give her much time to respond.
“No? I got news for you, I’m quite fine without a bunch of clowns following me.” Her brows were drawn together, and when Silence decided to get even more personal, she started to lose control of herself. With one snatch she grabbed the finely made gloves from the girl and threw them aside, dashing them against the side of Silence’s caravan. They fell down into the long grass below, no knowing whether she had damaged them.
“I’m scared of nothing, and noone. I’m not scared of them, or you, or anything the world can throw at me. You think you’re so good. Listen hard, because I’m only saying it once. You’re a circus act, a ‘freak’ they might call you. Enjoy it if you want, but I’m not sticking around to act like some sort of dancing dog for others to laugh and point at for entertainment.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 pm

Shaking, the 'freak' in question retrieved her gloves and felt instantly enraged at Kassandra. "Clowns, freaks or whatever you call us we're HAPPY being entertainers! We do what we do to make others' lives more enjoyable. You do what, go around taking care of other people's problems for them? What kind of life is that? No home, no family, and probably no friends is a lonely existence." She spared a moment to glance at her gloves and realized they were a mess of broken beads and bent wires. Her heart sank. "You couldn't handle being here with us for very long. I'd say you can't handle anything the world throws at you." She didn't take her eyes off the gloves, and rightfully didn't care about anything else the woman had to say. In a moment of frustration she reached out to grab Kassie's hand and slap one of the broken gloves into it. "Don't suppose you'll be fixing these will you? No matter I. . .I suppose I'll figure out something. . ." In her dazed and slightly distressed mood she hadn't quite realized that the feeling she got from her crystal was different from the electrical jolts she got before, it was back to the red hot sparks. Thank whatever gods existed for little miracles. . .
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Kassandra snarled like an angry cat at Silence’s words, too angry to see the worth in them, that she could be happy with a life like that.
“I take care of myself and that’s it. I’m not the one to come to if some fool wants coddling against the world. Let the world shred ‘em, for all I care.” She scratched her hands against her palms, a movement that might have stirred up electricity had she had any. “You don’t know anything about me, and you know what, you won’t be. I can handle whatever the hell life throws at me, and I’ll be coming out on the top. I won’t be waiting around in the dumps with entertainers for other peoples’ pleasure.”

She dragged her hand out of Silence’s as she suddenly grabbed out at it, growling at the movement, then yelping as a hard pain shot up her arm. She clutched at it with her other one, feeling the twitch of her fingers at it. Her expression was appalled as she looked up at Silence.
“Did you just shock me? With my power? That’s it.” She shoved the glove back at Silence, making her take it. “I’m leaving.”
She pushed past the girl, her face twisted in disgust.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 2:57 pm

"I think I just gave it back to you." she called, trying to sound certain of what was coming from her mouth. It took a minute or two but finally Silence managed a fireball and she jumped up to run after Kassandra. "I didn't shock you on purpose! In fact I don't think it was me who shocked you at all." She figured the woman wouldn't listen to her at that point, but she had to try. "May the road rise to meet you and the wind always be at your back." She focused her attention on the gloves again and wondered how she'd fix them. It wasn't as if she'd made them herself and knew which part went where. Ah well, where there was a will there was a way. And where there was a way, there was a blacksmith or a local jeweler. 'Guess the next order of business is getting these beauties fixed.' Hopefully Kassie wouldn't hate her for the rest of her life over this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]   [Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Watch yourself] Rogue X Liz [Fire or Lightning?]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3