Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Zartear may have been looking on ahead but as Akira rushed forward in the corner of his eye he turned toward her calmly, unalarmed, and not seeming in the "look" for a fight. In fact he seemed very, unperturbed. Still he wielded the coiled whip in his right hand, fairly relaxed but there just in case. And then he looked straight into Akira's eyes with his serious and authoritative face.
If you think you're going to get anywhere then you're mistaken, try any funny stuff and you'll regret it
He was just about fed up of her insolence...did she not know who he was?
Ignoring the life blood dragon completely he just maintained his icy stare at the girl. All of this fuss, really, quite ridiculous. He then twitched his fingers, the tiniest of movements and the coil almost seemed to hiss like a snake as the three ends unraveled and levitated in the air at about hip level...Swaying slowly, their black hideous blades reflected the glow of the fiery torch he held in his left hand.

He jerked his arm sharply upwards, the floating ends of the whip followed the jerking motion in turn, sharply moving up and down a strong crack forced it's way through the air the black tri-whip seemed to be amping itself up with every stimulation, and while he didn't intend on mercilessly tearing away at the flesh of a twelve year old-looking girl, he wasn't prepared to let her run away now.
"Stop." The word was clear and undistorted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:26 am

Akira's face was calm from where she was she didn't even flich when she heard he crack of the whip, "I don't care who you are. A person like yourself doesn't doesn't tell me to do anything." She paused then smirked. "A whip. A slave driving tool... for lowlifes who can't do anything for themselves by themselves. How fitting." She looked around her then clapped her hands together and rolled towards mizu's tail to changing the shape of the blade to look more like a scyth for now. "This should work better for this fight. Don't you think?" she asked Mizu happily befor moveing back up.
Mizu smirked and nodded. Akira grabbed both her blades firmly in both her metal and flesh hand. before moving quickly down towards the ground.
Akira lept off Mizu's back and landed a good distance away from Zartear, " Just you and me. For my birthday. What do you say?" Mizu lifted slightly higher into the air focusing his eyes on the blood dragon. "Lets have some fun." He taunted

Last edited by lastinginthenight on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:19 am

Turning his head, he couldnt beleive anything. He turned away and started to smash down one of the remaining houses. A smirk fell apon his maw as the destruction truely made him excited. "No One WIll Live After Today!" He screached into the air before rampaging into the burning town. The heat from what ever flames that was around, made him ever more happy. If there was a worthy opponent around, And it so happened, there was. Leaping into the air and flaping his wings hard, he looked at Akira and Mizu. 'just you try it'
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 pm

Finally mounting up again, Atleon urged the horse back into a gallop, continuing in a straight line towards where Quinsilla was situated. He didn't see much of the smoke pillars in the sky through all the trees, but he was sure there was no change in the situation as of yet. Feeling a halting in the horse's movements, he reined it in a little, trying to watch for noises, movement, anything that could tell him more about what was going on. They were close to the borders of Quinsilla now and he had to be careful. The horse snorted nervously, sensing that its rider was uncomfortable. A hint of smoky wind was coming their way and the horse immediately shied away, not wanting to move forwards anymore. Atleon urged it on wards again, not caring about its fears. He had to know what was going on to prevent any further damage.

As soon as they reached the outskirts of what used to be a pretty impressive town, the horse started to shy away and wanted to break for the forest, but this time it couldn't escape Atleon's iron grip on the reins. There was no other way of describing what he saw but to state that the scenery was positively horrifying. Everything was blackened through the fire that was still ravaging certain parts of the city. Corpses were covering the streets and left-overs of formerly beautiful buildings, now only ruins covered in ash and bones. The people that had escaped the fires in their homes were either killed on the spot, their blood washing through the gutters, or they were taken prisoner and were held like mere animals, in lines and chains. Most couldn't even stand up straight anymore, shaking severely from the shock they had experienced or broken from the severe torture they had already been submitted to. The smell of burned wood and flesh was wafting through the air, sometimes to the extent that it was nauseating. Instinctively, Atleon clasped a hand over his nose and mouth, trying to breathe as little as possible. And if that weren't enough, Atleon's eyes were watering from the dust of the ashes that still filled the air. It blurred his vision and made it all look the more devastating than it already was.

Then his eyes finally fell on the various figures that were standing not too far away from him and the dragons that now lifted into the air, ready to fight each other. But wait a minute... One of those dragons - was that not? One of the good clan fighters, what were they doing here? When his eyes finally fell on the figure the young girl was trying to fight, they widened in shock. "Is she completely out of her mind??" Atleon almost yelled the question. She could simply NOT be serious taking on somebody like Zartear, one of the most feared leaders of all time. He had heard the rumours and from all he had heard, the man was not without and certainly nothing for a young girl to deal with.

Pulling the horse to a complete halt, he straightened up to full height in the saddle, already drawing his sword in case he needed it. "HEY!" he shouted, trying to move attention away from the girl before she got herself killed. "Why don't you pick on somebody your own size instead of little children!" He was provoking on purpose, hoping it would serve its purpose and give the girl a chance to escape.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 9:23 pm

Was this ever going to end? The smell, the sights, the plain, utter torture towards the people? She only wished that they could go to sleep, wake up; for it to be only a bad dream. But that indeed, was a dream itself. Vitreasa's eyes began to water slightly, as she flew lower towards the ground. Then...she heard cries coming from below. Cries and shouts from...a girl? Narrowing her eyes, the purple Guardian dragon scanned the area below her, until they found their source. A girl, with a dragon from the good clan fighting some guards. A sigh of relief spread over Vitreasa's face as she realised that loyal members from the good clan we trying to help out. But then, her heart skipped a beat and she shrieked with anger. As the sight of a man, she hated so much entered her vision. She didn't even consider him a man...more a monster.

Opening her wide jaw, she let out a roar that literally could be heard throughout the whole area. Not an average, annoyed-dragon roar. oh no. A piercing roar that could grab the attention of almost anyone, the threatening sound, yet also challenging. Many people from the town looked up towards Vitreasa, only to see a Guardian dragon land next to the ruler of this destruction. Her eyes blazing with purple fire, fire that wanted to kill. Standing directly behind him, she screamed his name. "Zartear!" A few guards surrounded her in attempt to move her away from their 'leader,' but she soon cleared them away. She was in no-mood to be tested on her stregnth.

Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:20 pm

He raised his head back, as if looking down his nose on Akira giving her a small snarl, but needless to say he was distracted as a ripple of movement waved through the surrounding guards, the slaves and all turning toward Atleon and his challenge to Zartear. Zartear looked through the crowds to try and locate Atleon, and sure enough there he was, fully mounted on his horse and he could see the silvery glint of his sword by his side...Who was this man?
He snorted to himself on hearing Atleon's comment, pulling the whip away from the girl and coiling it back up. It had taken them an awful while, but it did seem the defending clan of dragonscove was awake after all and already searching for ways to dislodge him.
He had anticipated this reaction, well frankly anybody could...But this man on his horse, confronted by many guards and people in anguish, and even to speak to him in that way, well, that was brave. Or reckless? Either way he fancied to trial this person. And he certainly had'nt forgotten about Akira either...
Hands neatly behind his back, still holding the ebony metallic whip he walked definitively, the guards parting on his course...The path opening up all the way directly to Atleon.

He held his stare with Atleon, silently thinking on what fate he might want to doom him to...

"Oh is that so?" He began, nearing Atleon, ever closer...Then, it clicked, now he was clsoe enough to interpret his face, and it was a well known one, none other than Racksom's tactician, Atleon. "Hold on one minute..." He said, the tone of discovery merging into his words. " Hmmm it is my pleasure to be meeting you. Sir Atleon of Racksom, and as you may or may not know we are in very desperate need of your help." His sentence was dripping with sarcasm, as the realisation picked up, he smiled afterwards, proud of himself.
"Guards, see to it this man is taken to the Surselea, he has promised to be of great aid to us..." He smiled with contempt to Atleon before half looking back to the guards he were commanding..."And while you do that, take that fine beast of his to my stables, and don't forget to take the girl to the Surselea too...She's also so very generous."
He was just about to continue speaking, but the powerful surging roar rang out into the air halting all motion.
It seemed like somebody else desire his attention.
"What are you waiting for fools, do as I have asked!" The guards quickly nodded fearfully, shaken by the dragon, huge, sleek, strong...and for them in this case; terrifying. Even so they approached Akira again, and in turn Atleon...To take them down to the surselea, another name for what posed as a place for the fine art of interrogation. And torture, if their chosen sources refused to cooperate.
He could deal with a few cautious good clan members, but this guardian dragon's unexpected arrival was much more of a problem to deal with. It was always good to see a familiar face though.

He called out with his own thunderous voice in reply. "Vitreasa, it is good to be seeing you once again...What, after I almost skinned your sorry soul alive...How is your left shoulder anyway?" He teased her a small drift of laughter murmuring in the crowd of guards. Slaves watching, the slightest glimmer of hope in their eyes.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 7:11 pm

akira lifted her hand as mizu backed away from his previous challange, ''I think later would be more fun. with less distractions." He swooped down picking akira up in his hands. She moved to his shoulders and stood on them. "You good clan idiots always ruin the fun. I am one of neutral clans best known arena fighters. Both for my age and for my skill. This sucks"

She spat and watched the guards chuckling. "He hates me. Why would he say I was being at all generous. If I know anything about people who enslave others, it's that their never honest."

Even though she was mad at him for breaking up a possibly good fight she swooped closer. and without looking at him, spoke to him. "If you want some help just grab onto mizu. We'll help you escape the guards." she added chuckling, "Or just drop you in the forest."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:02 am

'Cowards' Agreal thought as he turned and flew up into the smoke. His pale white parts were shining now, His red eyes showing malice.
The smoke was hardly warm, but it gave him an idea. The guardian dragon was around. 'maybe i can spook this almighty dragon' he thought to himself as he breathed in the smoke and gave a roar of malice, confidence and destruction. He loved every moment f it as the roar echoed through the area with a tremendous sound. His red eyes started to glow, and they could be seen through the smoke, giving him a powerful and very evil look.
It wasnt until then that he decided to stay in the smoke. No one would find him, he could spook people often. Thats what he wanted to do.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Pretty soon after Atleon had called out, he reconsidered what he had just done. Despite the fact that he wanted to save the little girl's ass and to get her out of her extremely dangerous and very stupid situation, he realised that his present situation was nowhere better than hers had been. There were too many guards around that were simply waiting for a tiny command of Zartear's to attack him and they would certainly bring him down as he was only one single person. One single person alone against a whole army - what a bright idea.

Atleon almost wanted to spit that he was not from Racksom but thought he wouldn't, maybe stating that he was actually Prince of Mirrahl might give Zartear bad ideas, of wanting to invade his home town for instance, which was not a pretty thought. Hope against hope, Atleon thought that maybe further invasion could be prevented if only his men in Racksom were doing something useful with their time. 'If anybody believes them, that is', the dark thought crossed the prince's mind only briefly before he turned his full attention back to the evil clan leader, tightening his grip on the sword and the horse's reins. The animal beneath him was prancing nervously, the discomfort of being surrounded by all these nauseating smells, warriors advancing, closing in on them, it was making the animal want to break and run for its life, do what it was born to do. Atleon grunted: "The only help you will be getting from me is to find the quickest way off of this island again, most likely in a coffin."

Almost simultaneously, an enormous purple dragon showed up, roaring hell down onto earth, challenging Zartear as well. Atleon didn't quite know who to focus his attention on anymore, his head swivelling from the new arrival to the girl that had appeared beside him, to the soldiers, to Zartear and back to the dragon. When the evil clan leader spoke the name, Atleon immediately thought it sounded familiar. Vitreasa. He had heard it before and before he could even ask himself where it was he remembered it from, he let out: "Vitreasa, the guardian dragon?!" Yet another creature he had heard rumours about though never seen in reality. The guardian dragon was legendary, known for its power and its integrity. Apparently there was some history there, seeing that she very obviously hated the leader's gutts.

Initially, Atleon wanted to fight as the soldiers turned towards him with the certainty of conquering yet another living soul and facing it with its doom, but quickly rejected that thought when he saw just how many of the soldiers were following Zartear's command to take him to the Surselea. Even though he was a good fighter, he could not take so many of them, despite the fact that most of them were probably not trained in life-or-death combat like him, and Zartear. However, they were still warriors and they would do what they were told, no matter what the conditions of the fight might be. He had to find another way out of this.

That was when the girl suddenly appeared next to him with her dragon, offering him the easy way out. He did not even waver for one second in his decision but was simply dumbstruck by her behaviour. Acting as if she had not just almost ended up in a certainly deadly fight, she wanted to help him? As if nothing had happened? As if there were only about 5 people around? Could she even hold her own milk bottle yet?

A shiver ran down his spine as the soldiers came closer. What a pickle. This really had been one of the worst decisions in his life, to come here on his own. He sighed, he had to act, there was no other excuse for his own stupidity, though it might have turned out a little differently had there not been... No! No need to play the blame game, what had happened had happened, it was all water under the bridge now anyway. He had to deal with this, keep a clear head and see to it that the girl at least got out of here for crying out loud. The guardian dragon, he was pretty sure, could take care of herself, at least she didn't look like a creature that was easily defeated.

"No," he said in a very clear and distinct voice, "You should get yourself out of here while you still can because this is not going to be pretty. This is no place for little children, especially girls. Where is your mother anyway?" He couldn't help it; on the one hand he was worried about her, on the other hand, he couldn't but to make a nasty comment. And with that, he shortened the reins even more to make the horse susceptible to every tiniest move of his fingers to make it react in tune with his intended movements. Zartear and the guardian dragon were forgotten, so was the girl now. He readied the horse and himself, focusing and pulling all his concentration on the fight ahead, not leaving the warriors out of his eyes anymore. He was ready for them. 'Let them come...'
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:32 pm

Vitreasa shrugged off Zartera's comment with a simple, but threatening growl. "Oh yes, it is quite fine thankyou." The pain she had gone through on the day that battle ended was unbelievable. Her, left upon the floor, lieing next to her closest friend, unable to move and an enormous sword mark in her back where the slayer's weapon had been. Oh, what a day that was. "I see you remember that day well, I see. But then again, you have a good right to." Without taking her purple eyes from the dragon slayer that stood in front of her, she moved one of her front paws forwards in his direction. As if she was marking out that she didn't give a damn about him and what he could do anymore.
"Well, maybe you remember how you lay, dieing, near the burning flames. Coming ever, ever closer, threatening to take your life." As the purple Guardian dragon spoke, her voice become lower and lower, quieter and quieter. "The day that you almost lost your life...how ironic it could have been. A dragon slayer to get killed by a dragon. The amount of shame you could have been through." Vitreasa intended to tease the man, letting the people who worked for him know that their 'leader' hadn't also been so powerful. That it was impossible to have power every moment of your life.
"Do you also remember, how your beloved 'lover,' left you. Left you alone, alone with burning surrounding you. Death and destruction. That's all you are, and one day, I'll make sure you get what you deserve."
Lifting her head up, the hatred was clear. As if she wanted to lash out at the gods forsaken man, lash out and d.e.s.t.r.o.y. him. "I'm asking you nicely here, and it will be the only ever time you get this from me. Leave. Leave this town and let it be. If not, then I shall stop you.
She could sense what was happening around her, how she told the story in short of what happened on that day, that there was hope for the others. That Zartear may be a killing machine, but actions were going to stop him. Stop him at whatever costs.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:14 pm

Zartear folded his arms, steps firm but slow on the ground. His eyes averted from Vitreasa's faced up toward the sky with a typical smirk of confidence. Vitreasa seemed to making a great deal of a point of informing everybody about their power clash, and he saw the faces of the people lift their eyes to him critically. No clear expressions of disapproval, but surprise, some looking toward the guardian dragon the fiantest flicker of hope in them.
None of this bothered him much, it was always good to meet up with an old foe. Vitreasa, he'd considered for a while keeping that dragon alive; as a tame dragon, but it'd become clear through the fight this was impossible.
The dragoness' words were met with his equally sharp ones...
"So even your mere dragons memory serves you well, but it still fails you I suppose...Or have you completely forgotten the situation you stand in? Unless I am much mistaken, I have just claimed and destroyed one of your large towns right under your nose you foolish beast, it was rather easily actually."
He then locked eyes with her and nodded once, unsure of what Vitreasa was going to do at this instant. Before turning to address the whole of who stood before him.
"In fact all of you, my subjects, -you slaves-" Spitting the last words, to remind the onlookers doubting his image of power Vitreasa was already trying to pull away, that he was still "over" them... "Your town, I'll keep the tower...It'll make a grand tribute. To what soon, all of your most distant ancestors, your descendants, your families and relatives from the most northern reaches will know---They'll know who I am, and you'll never forget this day. Do not view this as your fate...View this as your release, to a better land, stronger, more capable...In fact pray to your souls in thanks you should be so honoured, working into the dust for a noble cause. You will see who I am. I am your new king."
He switched his eyeline between the major figures of Vitreasa and Atleon and the huge body of people in shackles.
"Because I, am Zartear.Stratos, and you won't forget this." He cleared his throat, as he looked toward Atleon remaining somewhat stunned and Akira and her dragon offering their escape. He shot a fearsome glare to them both---Akira and Atleon--
Don't you even think about it...
The point should have been made, the people should know, the talking was done. Now was the important part, time for the action---to discover the best and worst of Racksom's defences, time was of the essence.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 am

Akira shook her head swinging her sword in annoyance. “Are you freakin’ kidding me?! I don’t need an old man telling me what to do. I’m not leaving on your life. I’m an arena fighter I’ve been in uglier situations before. She clenched her metal fist then swung down with a smile waving her fake, metal, limb at Atleon showing her point then flipped back up. “Don’t count me out just because I’m a girl, or because I’m twelve. I challenged that dude to a fight. I thought it would be fun.”
Mizu snorted and flicked his tail showing he wasn’t anything to be laughed at either.

Akira couldn’t help giving a suppressed laugh, “Stratos?! Like stratosphere? Zartear’s airhead Zartear’s airhead.”
she couldn't help it, she was a 12 year old after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:31 am

Agreal seemed to get NO pleasure what so ever in being ignored. He swooped down and aimed himself at Vitreasa. His malicious look in his eyes was enough to scare anyone in his wake. He gave no sence of warning, no sound at all. As the wind rushed past his firm body, the feeling of excitement brewed within. He could sence the need of distruction through his veins. He mentally laughed.

Down he came, rushing through the smoke of destroyed buildings. He streamlined his body to go faster, His heart beating to the extream. He was excited. More then excited. The taste of blood would be on his lips soon. Only if, Vitreasa didnt notice him.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Atleon looked around, observing the reactions of the soldiers, that were now seemingly waiting for the argument between Vitraesa and Zartear to be decided. The prince was reconsidering to try and find the best way out of this situation, but there simply was no best way. There were too many of them to handle for him, even if the guardian dragon would be able to help him. The girl, despite her obvious confidence, didn't make him feel any more comfortable and he sure as hell did not believe that she could handle hundreds of trained warriors on her own, pet dragon or no. It did not matter, he was prepared, prepared to go any lengths to protect his land, his people. The longer he could stall the forward movement of Zartear's army, the longer his followers could prepare themselves for battle - always provided they would actually be doing something.
Almost shaking his head, he discarded that thought, not wanting to think about what would happen, should nobody believe his messengers...

The slight halting in the ranks of slaves and soldiers gave Atleon yet another moment to breathe and clear his head, preparing for the big fight that would start within seconds. Even if some of them might consider revolting against their leader, there would be too many that were loyal or simply too scared to rebel. Protecting their own skin, no matter what it takes, is the motto, especially in times of war. Not many people in the situation of the inhabitants would want to risk their lives, now that they have a small glimpse of hope to escape a horrible, slow and tortured death, as long as they kept within the ranks of Zartear's followers.

As soon as Zartear's voice echoed across the ruins of the city, the soldiers and slaves all straightened again, turning back to their respective tasks, which also means, advancing on Atleon and Akira again. The horse wanted to shy away again, not being used to war scenes, never having been trained on a battle ground. Well then, Atleon thought, and just as he was about to charge straight into the midst of them, he heard another sound. Something soaring through the air. Arrows! But no, there had been no bowmen around, that could not be it. Quickly averting his eyes from the oncoming mass, he looked into the sky and thought he saw something white glittering. Could it be...

"Vitreasa, look up!" His scream piercing through the air, everything happened really quickly. People started shouting and running towards him, swords, daggers, sticks and anything else they would be using as weapons raised, ready to follow their leader's order and capture Atleon and Akira to bring them to the Surselea. Not thinking about any kind of consequences anymore, Atleon answered the attack by putting his feet into the horse's flanks. His sword was glittering in the ruins of the buildings that were still burning here and there.

One soldier down, two, three, even a fourth and fifth one without him taking a blow, but it was only luck, and he knew it. The blows kept coming from all sides and even from the back of his horse he couldn't maintain a superior position for very long. He only had one sword to parry the hits and it was simply not enough. It was only a matter of time before they would manage to unhorse him and take him prisoner like intended.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 pm

"Don't go getting ahead of yourself, do you realise how many cities there are on this island? One won't do you much good, if any at all.” She believed that Zartear was getting big headed, one city was one city, not the whole island. But he was dreaming big, she would give him that. Afterall, you had to be open minded in order to get what you desired - no matter how enormous it was. The purple Guardian dragon was about to open her mouth and continue with the rest of her sentence. But her ears twitched as she heard something darting about in the sky. She wasn't going to pay any attention to it, until she heard a man ontop of a horse call her name.
Quickly doing as Atleon had commanded, Vitreasa shot her head upwards, and saw a Life Blood dragon darting towards her in the sky.
Rearing up onto her hind legs, Vitreasa then pushed off from the ground and plummeted into the air. Purple wings glitted in the smoke as she avoided the attack. As soon as she was a few feet into the air, she tilted her wings and began to turn direction in the air. As soon as Agreal was in a good range, she opened her mouth and unleashed a stream of purple flames directly towards the target. She wasn't in the mood for pointless battles.

She would have carried on fighting, but Atlean caught her eye once again. How he was surging forwards, battling soldier upon soldier on his own. There were so many, and she doubted that /any/ human could defeat them all.
Changing her path direction once again, she headed in the same direction that his horse was going in. Slowly, her shadow covered over him, until she lowered evenmore in the sky until she was just above the height that he was at, flying along side him. The gift of Guardian dragons was, that they can talk to others around them within a certain distance through their mind. Thankfully, Atleon was within that range.
Vitreasa quickly stretched her arm out closer to him, her paw opening to reveal her palm. ~Jump, they won't bother with your horse, it's you they want dead.~
If he could avoid her talons, then she would be able to get him out of danger from the other soldiers.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:45 pm

Don't go all big headed He couldn't help but chuckle to himself, if they hadn't even noticed the attack under their nose then surely the rest woukld all be rather simple. Taking down the legendary isle of magic and monster that was Dragons Cove would be a cakewalk. But before he had time to reply with his typical witty-ass-commentary to Vitreasa, she already had taken to the sky. What had exactly happened he wasn't quite sure of, it had happened with lightning speed, and amazing aerial agility. Something seemed to have alerted Vitreasa, then a blazing of purple white light and the guardian dragon was off again to what now looked like, a rescue mission for Atleon.

Argh and if that guardian dragon stole away Atleon!
Either way if he did escape Zartear would make sure to hunt him down, as he would do to the guardian dragons.
Vitreasa, he never thought she of all the guardian dragons would be much of a problem in fact to begin with she had appeared rather a pushover no? As it happened she was unfolding as much more irritating than he expected....What could he say? Dragons in general here seemed tougher than usual.
That wasn't to say he would just walk away now, this made him more keen than ever to prove to these abominations of reptilian magic that they had no place to exist.

This was all just thinking, he was for now so useless, wingless and magic-less. But looking upon his enclosing army taking up against Atleon things looked much more hopeful for a capture and questioning.
He calmly folded his arms and observed the show, the entrance to the surselea of underground not too far to his left, and he'd be taking Atleon there, and if he had the chance he would have taken Vitreasa and that ittle girl too...He needed to gather as much information as possible, but it seemed for now he'd be lucky to get just the one.

OOC| Yeup NOTHING happened in that post Razz just thinking and other garbage, but oh well continue, he'll have something to do later, just for now is standing there like a goose. ^^
Sorry it took so long to post that though,meh, I shoulda let you continue lasting.... D8
Carry on, carry on =P
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Akira grimaced and split her dimond covered blade with alchemy. And lifted into a stand on top of Mizu. She swung down killing one soldier then a second with smooth swift swings as Mizu swung his syth shaped bladed tail beheading two more. He let loose a burst of flame from his maw searing the ground. Akira watched as Vitreasa moved towards the man. "How many do you think there are?" She asked her preparing to swing down again.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:03 pm

Cursing under his breath, Atleon slowly only released the strength of his arm, trying to conserve as much strength as possible for the long battle ahead, and anything that might follow it. Rapidly swooshing about a sword and wasting all your force and energy on having to steady your sword for the attack only made one weak sooner than necessary. It might look good to an outsider but it was extremely straining and not worth the special effect it might put in scene for an outside spectator. Around the borders of the city's leftovers, a pinkish orangey shimmer began to break through, indicating the early morning hours were upon them already and with them, the sun was about to rise.

The horse was nervous and didn't react half as well to his commands as it usually would have, which was making the task all the harder. Atleon was concentrating hard, blending out everything else, incuding the girl and her dragon that were rummaging through the soldiers at their end. He was wondering how much force the girl would still have left after only a few attacks. He had to admit, it looked a little more stylish as he had imagined a young girl could fight, but he still was not entirely convinced why such a young girl would even consider going into battle - and that for fun it seemed.

However, he did not spend much time debating about that in his mind as there were more pressing things at hand, such as soldiers creeping around him and starting to get close enough to start tugging at him to pull him off the horse. When suddenly, they moved away again as a large shadow started creeping over Atleon and his horse. The guardian dragon offered him her paw but Atleon did not react at first, still occupied with fighting off the men that were coming at him, less ferocious than before as the dragon was invoking fear in them but the fear of their master was prevailing by far. Unaware of the dragon's ability to speak through her mind, Atleon gave a little jump when Vitreasa's voice suddenly resounded in his ears, frightening the horse who gave a lurk that brought them closer and more into the middle of Zartear's men. The latter in turn now realised what was about to happen as they observed the dragon giving Atleon the option for an easy and quick way out. This they could not let happen.

Atleon himself was torn in two. On the one hand, he was not the kind of person that would give up so quickly after the fight had only just begun. He was a warrior and he had not been a leader for nothing. Keeping a cool head in seemingly dead-end situations had brought him far, and many others along with him. He would fight for his beliefs, for his people, for this island. No matter what the cost! But on the other hand, he was very aware that this situation actually was a no-win one this time and there would not be a way out, should he refuse this opportunity.

Before he could react to the beast's proposal though, the soldiers had seized Atleon's moment of inattention and the horses extreme nervousness. They were now purposefully closing in again but not to attack the prince himself but his horse. It was an easy prey as it was easily disorientated as it was way too inexperienced in situations like these. Within seconds, the horse was completely losing it, taking the mouthpiece of the reins between its teeth and thus robbing Atleon of his ability to decently keep it under control. They would not kill it, it might still be of use and value to them or their master at some point, thus they only scared it enough - which was not hard to achieve anymore by now - so that it shied away, raising itself on its hind legs while somehow trying to escape still. There could only be one end to a manoeuvre. The horse tumbled over and Atleon had to jump out of the saddle to save his spine, otherwise he would have been crushed under the weight of the horse. And already, they were upon him.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:46 pm

As the soldiers advanced onto Atleon and his horse went off on one, Vitreasa withdrew her paw and quickly swung her body away from the new fight scene. If only horses had a mind like dragons such as herself, it would be so much easier. But then again, any creature would do the same due to instincts, and she couldn't blame the man not for jumping if his horse was going crazy with fear.
Soldiers were coming from all directions, as if desperate to try and take Atleon prisoner, and if Vitreasa stayed to fight for him, she would most likely get taken herself. But that wouldn't stop her.

Gently, she landed upon the ground again. But just as her feet hit the floor, she was surrounded by soldiers that seemed to come from nowhere. Within seconds of her touching the floor, they advanced towards her. Swords cutting through the air from all directions, as if they didn't care where they went, just as long as they struck her.
Backing up slightly, she flung her head up and looked at Atleon, not caring whether he noticed her glance or not. She could easily fly out of this place, but leaving a person in such danger like this, would be something that her conscience could use to kill her with afterwards.

Vitreasa shot a piercing glance at Zartear, her lips curling back into a snarl. She wanted him to feel her anger, the pain he had caused so many people. But there was nothing she could do...at the moment. She would just have to wait, wait until he did something stupid, or let his guard down. Then she would strike. Whether it be later, or even in a few days, she would get him. He would get what he deserved...one day.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:40 pm

Akira looked down and hopped down next to Atleon her back almost against his, blades swinging nocking down a few more soldiers so they would never rise again, "Looks like you could use some help. I'm not as helpless as you are right now." She lashed out her right blade as a soldier got too close to her for comfort.

As if accenting her words (though he wasn't) Mizu released another jet of flame searing a circle of soldiers that surrounded them. He swung his scyth of a tail effortlessly killing more soldiers before landing with his back to Vitreasa grabbing his scyth shaped tail to use.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 3:48 am

Agreal nearly screamed as the flames were shot up at him. there was no way he could escape it, and took on the blast at full force. The fire from Vitreasa had blackened his awfully shiny white scales/ skin of his body. It has also gave the blood red parts an even blacker look. As the flames stopped, he could feel the heat rising off himself. Giving a glare to the guardian dragon, he flew back up high into the sky to wwatch the havoc going around him.

He wasnt going down without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 7:42 pm

Soldiers were screaming out in pain as the flames licked at their skin, singing their clothes and hair immediately, burning deeply into their skin. Several were already burned so deeply, they would very soon die of the wounds without any means to comfort the pain that was breaking their bodies and minds. Atleon gritted his teeth. The girl and her dragon were getting on his nerves. Fair enough, she might be in a better position than he was in right now, but had he still had his dragon, things would be very different now. Quickly, he pushed away the thought again, not wanting to be reminded of the past.

"Yeah well," he snarled, having more and more trouble to keep the prancing horse in check, "it's not about being helpless or not, it's about knowing what to fight for, which you clearly don't. Randomly slaying people that have been forced to fight with the promise of sparing their families' or their own lives is not going to help anyone." Before he could add anything further - it was a stupid idea to try and give a morality speech in the middle of a fight anyway - a few soldiers seemed to have gotten it into their heads that now was the time to start fighting dirty. With one nasty sword blow, Atleon's horse suddenly vanished from under him, a clashing, bleeding wound almost splitting in two one of its front legs. The prince was thrown out of the saddle without previous warning, and was now crawling on the sizzling hot ground, groping for the sword he had lost.

He barely had time to get back onto his feet as the soldiers were already advancing on him. The horse was whinnying in pain, its screams piercing the air, making shudder after shudder run down Atleon's spine. If only they had the courtesy of giving it a deadly blow and free it from the terror it was feeling. The animal was lost anyway, there was no point in even pretending it might still come in useful. Parrying one blow after the other, slowly, Atleon's force was growing weaker after the many men he had already had to kill and/or disable. He felt as though he was watching the whole scene from the outside, observing himself in the middle of a fight where there was no way out in slow motion. His heart was beating hard in his chest, draining out any other sounds around him, tiny move by tiny move, he saw the soldiers shift stances, raise their swords into what seemed to be deadly blows, which he could not block all at once, until they remembered that he was to be captured alive it seemed. He already saw the swords swinging down on him, sweat running down his face, hair falling into his eyes, momentarily blurring his view, observing it all as if he wasn't part of it. Raising his own sword in a wild attempt to accomplish the impossible, the soldiers again shifted their positions and motivation, leaving him out of swords harm, though some were pointed at his throat, his view returned to normal motion, the moves being as quickly and deadly as they were intended to be taken in. The soldiers had now surrounded him completely, hindering any means of escape or rescue. Already physically upon him, wrestling the sword from his hands, they threw him to the floor, face first into the mud. So this is it then...

Last edited by Eldarwen on Fri May 29, 2009 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:10 am

mizu blasted al the soldiers on Atleon before rising again and taking advantage of being above the soldiers heads.
Akira growled and danced about her sword gliding faster and smoother which each stroke as she focused more on keeping her muscles in check and wasting as little energy as possible, "Wel l you see right now is not the time to chose who I kill and who I don't. It's basically kill or be killed, even if they do want us alive." She growled keeping close to atleon using the flickering remains of Mizu's flames to her advantage as a wall of potection
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:01 pm

From far off it seemed, the girl's voice reached Atleon's ears and he wanted to growl something back, but face still in the mud, he was barely able to breath, let alone talk. She did have a point though, whether he wanted to admit it out loud or not. There was no denying that these men would kill them without even blinking if they had to, not wasting a thought about the fact that from a moral point of view it was completely and utterly wrong. Especially considering that the girl with her dragon, the guardian dragon and himself were actually here to try and help them. At least that was his reason.. He had not even wasted a single thought until now as to why all the others were here. He could figure that the guardian dragon was doing her duty, but the girl?

The flames were starting to heat the clothes he had on his back and it didn't make his position any more comfortable. However, the soldiers were loosening their hold on him or slowly falling away, as the girl was slicing through them like through a piece of mortadella, roasting them while so. With one fierce push, he lifted himself off the ground and onto his knees, hoping by the dragons that he would quickly relocate his sword. A soldier was trying to make his way out of the prince's reach with it, but the flames were ruining his plan as they suddenly hit him in the back, almost devouring him entirely on the spot. It was a disgusting sight, but Atleon didn't waste much more time thinking about it than necessary, only thinking about his sword - his only means of decent defense.

As the girl was raging through the soldiers yet again - they somehow kept swarming back, it was worse than killing flies, for every one you got out of the way, at least two more appeared - Atleon saw his chance for a break. He ripped away from the remaining men holding him only half-heartedly as they were trying to escape the flames and made a dash for his sword. It was sizzling hot and the carvings on the handle were burning into the flesh of his hand, but he didn't care. He had a weapon once again, which was all that matters.

Or was it?!
The second he managed to get back on his feet with the sword held tightly in his hands, a felt the tip of a sword on his throat.....
And Atleon could tell that now there was definitely no way to escape left...
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 pm

OKAY SORRY IN ADVANCE THAT THIS IS HUUUUGE
See, it's not all proper roleplaying, I had to describe a completely new area too, lol, so really, don't worry I don't expect this kind of thing in return, otherwise we'll all be in major slow down.
...And now he saw, there was no way that Prince Atleon was going to escape. He was probably everything you'd want in your new captive, a figure of authority, a tactician and of course, a prince! Why, it'd be foolish to not seize the chance. The situation almost seemed completely set up; he'd come at the perfect time. Everybody could witness his capture, he was alone and could be easily over ruled and of course with Zartear's new dominion in it's first phases a tactician could become quite a valuable tool.
The stance was quite an odd one, holding the brutal, long and black sword. It was designed for the purpose of shattering a dragons chest scales and clean cutting larger clumps of flesh and not as much as the comparatively scrawny humans. Even so, maybe it's rather striking appearance would be enough to make a person think twice before challenging it.

All the drama of the guardian dragons swooping valiantly in to rescue the prince, abolish this new dark settlement, the girl and her sword dragon friend...All that he put aside for now, he wouldn't allow what he had so far to be ruined - god forbid- but equally he wanted a little extra something, then he'd see to the dragon.
Mmm that'd be the ideal wouldn’t it? One less guardian dragon to deal with.
Zartear was wordless as he looked to Atleon, a faint smirk traced on his face. He knew full well that Atleon knew exactly how he was thinking, who needed words to state the obvious...After all, wasn't it the tactical approach? To take your enemies and make them work for you…He looked past Atleon’s shoulder to the soldiers behind him and briefly commanded,
“Restrain him, we’re going to the Surselea.” Without a second delay, the soldiers briskly took a hold on Atleon’s arms pulling them back to restrict his movement, Zartear slid the sword away with a sudden action, recoiling it back to it’s inferior concealed form of the black char stick. Now knowing they had a hold on him he turned his back and lead the way at a fast walk, time was of the essence…

The Surselea had always existed, it was a rather famous thing actually, just never used by Dragonscove’s peaceful beings, a remnant of darker times. It wasn’t particularly grand, it was actually barely visible, like a cave that started overground and then steeply declined into the ground with roughly placed stone steps, framed with torches on the sides to light the way. Of course…what lay beneath was something of a horror. Typical methods aside, such as the wonderful grow-faster racks, cauldrons and the more disgusting devices, something personified the horror of the Surselea truly…at the bottom of the pit behind those doors it was a magnificent sight, albeit horrifying. The numerous “bird cages” hung from the ceiling high up, the room illuminated by flames set on the walls all over. The cages were typical easy instruments of a) keeping a prisoner b) keeping a prisoner to death, or of course, information extraction. What made the sight all the more bizarre was none of them had a “bottom” this was obviously to cause the trapped thing much more discomfort, eventually pain and then an undignified closure.
Marvelous.
Such a chamber inflamed a gleeful whim in Zartear which, didn’t show- oh no- but in an odd way, he was looking forward to this spectacle. However Atleon wouldn’t be going in one of /those/ something gradual but not quite as gradual as that was needed…Something close to the ground too, Zartear wanted to be able to speak with him…And he knew just what to do, simplistic it was but fully applicable.
So, before he and the guards were to haul Atleon down into that slice of hell, Zartear turned back to Atleon, a shadow of seriousness on his face.
“Are you going to aid me…or” He looked into the mouth of the entrance, down the steps… “Will I have to convince you?” His eyes flickered for a second into the background, eyeing the Guardian dragon, a twinge of urgency passed through him, he needed to finish this off sooner than he thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)   The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Destruction of Quinsilla.....T1 (1st Board)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next