Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:19 am

Selene stared at the sword tail Mizu was holding out for her to inspect and she was absolutely fascinated. “Well, yes, I guess it would make you a rather bad sword dragon,” she admitted, feeling rather stupid. “I’ve heard mention of sword dragons,” she said, blushing a little at her lack of knowledge, “but I never figured their tails could actually be used like real swords, you know? I always thought the tails were just very sharp and could be used as weapons, of course, but you could actually walk up to someone and ask them to duel you with that tail.”

She realised she was babbling, and the heat thus remained in her flushed cheeks but she also knew that if she didn’t ask questions once in a while, she wouldn’t get an answer and wasn’t that how most people got their knowledge? At least those, who couldn’t afford being instructed by a very wise and knowledgeable being, or read books.

Looking back at Kono, she grinned, knowing that they’d both still had quite a bit to learn, so at least she wasn’t the only one, even if the dragon was more than certainly far more knowledgeable than her. As she stepped yet closer to Mizu’s sword tail, she hesitantly put a hand on it to see how it felt to the touch. She carefully stayed away from the edges however, they did look rather sharp and she didn’t want to risk cutting a few fingers off in the process. “So cool,” she breathed, not even realising, she said it out loud.

Clearing her throat, she finally stepped back from Mizu’s tail, backing up towards Kono a little again – she didn’t even know how quickly and how much she was starting to be attached to this dragon but the small movements gave her away - before looking at Akira. “So what is the next step of the plan after some food and rest?”
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 am

Mizu couldn't help laughing as he watched Selene struggle to put the right words together. "I've never asked another dragon to duel, but I suppose I could if I wanted too, yes." He answered watching her put a hand on his tail. "Yes quite cool." He answered when he heard her mumbling under he breath. As she stepped away he dropped his tail letting it resume hanging behind him, where it belonged.

Kono smiled in return when Selene looked at him from in front of the sword dragon. He would never admit it of course, not out loud at least but, he ever so slightly felt like the jealous life mate seeing her by Mizu and wanting her to be near him instead. So Kono felt a slight twinge of satisfaction when she backed up towards him again. Though he realized after a few moments that based on their new connection that if he could hear her thought then she could probably feel his, and that made him ever so slightly embarrassed which was expressed by him pulling his tail closer to his body.

Akira, who was sitting in the field and had now been rejoined by Mizu raised an eyebrow as Selene asked her about their plans for the rest of the day. With a smile she decided to give the pair a hard time and with a shrug returned to pulling at the grass in front of her, "I don't know I'M not the one who suddenly decided to change the schedule now am I?" she questioned with a playfully accusing voice not looking up from the blades of grass in front of her.
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 2:29 pm

The sensation pulsing through her mind was not her own, of that much she was sure, but she could not quite place it. It felt unusual and Selene frowned as she looked around uncertainly, trying to disguise the motion as simply having a look at her environment in a casual manner and nothing more, but when she noted Kono pulling his tail closer around his body, she shot him a glance but didn't comment. Had those been his feelings? Funny that. She brushed away that notion and didn't further think about it. It would be something to talk to the dragon about when it was just the two of them. Even if Akira and Mizu knew a lot and could help them with many things they might not be able to figure out on their own, at least not as quickly, she preferred this to be amongst them first.

"Yeah well, I guess we were the ones to change the plan," Selene admitted, but not feeling the slightest bit of regret at this. "I feel like getting something to eat and then..." Scratching her head, the young woman wondered what it was she wanted to do next, not really being able to think of anything other than the fact that this small gesture had made her realise once more that she had rather aching muscles. Her fascination by Mizu's tail had made her completely forget this feeling and it was now coming back all the worse. With a sigh, she dropped down on the floor, and immediately lay down.

"I wouldn't mind just resting for a bit and doing nothing, in all honesty," she said. She didn't really think that Akira and Mizu would agree with this sort of plan however, seeing that they had been all over straining her already sore muscles after all. Selene merely preferred not to give them any ideas for torturing Kono and herself even more. Well, her. She didn't really believe it was that much of a strain for Kono at the moment. He was used to flying after all, so the movements were nothing new to him and thus not overusing muscles he didn't even know he had.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Akira shrugged hiding a bit of an annoyed pout by ducking her heard to stare at the grass a bit mroe intensly, "Sounds extrememly boring but if thats what you want to do, fine." She answered. Having regained control over her face she streatched and stood. "Well We could hunt a bit, I don't have any food here." She responded.

Mizu made his way over to Akira and kneeled down by her his wings folded loosly against his back. He starts picking at the grass a bit too as they mumble amongst each other.

Kono uncurled his taili and rolled onto his belly. "I could do that, it would help me get rid of some excess energy." He stated looking to Selene to judge her reaction. He was kind of hoping she would come with him, but he knew she was tired from the workouts the previous day and this morning and probably wanted to rest as well.

(sorry it's kinda short. I'm out of practice XP)
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:36 am

Selene decided to ignore Akira’s comment of her choice of ‘things to do’ was boring. It wasn’t really her fault that she was exhausted. It was the way of nature quite simply and she really was not used to this kind of physical exertion. It would probably still take her quite a while before she could scramble around on a dragon’s back for ages without being tired as all hell afterwards. But it was worth it, definitely!

“Hm yes, we would need to get some food first.” She looked at Kono and saw a little spark of hope in his eyes. She wanted nothing more than to curl up and sleep but she also didn’t want to remain by herself either, not when she was going to fall into oblivion from the world. Being able to take of herself was one thing but when she was fast asleep… This level of exhaustion made her oblivious to almost anything around her until it got really drastic.

“I’ll come with you,” she said, a small smile playing around her lips as she moved back to Kono and lightly patted him on the shoulder. “Seeing that there isn’t much I can do though if you’re going to chase a herd of deer again, I’ll rest a bit while you’re hunting. Or will try to at least. It might just turn into a very bump ride again,” she joked, remembering one of their first attempts.

Without further ado, the young woman made her way up onto Kono’s back again and settled in her, in the meantime, accustomed little spot at the base of his neck. And almost immediately drifted off into a light doze.

~(No worries ^-^)~
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Kono opened his mouth a bit in a smile, "Thank you, and I'll try not to get too rough." He chided back, ducking down a little farther so she could settle on his back. Once she was settled in he looked back and chuckled. She had already settled down quite comfortably. He spread his wings slowly letting the breeze play around them a bit. Once they were fully outstretched he lifted them up cupping as much air as he could in the membranes of his wings and leapt into the air pushing his wings down hard lifting himself into the air relatively smoothly, having gotten some practice and was starting to adjust to a take off with Selene on his back.

Once he had flown up to a comfortable level Kono leveled out and started scanning the forest below. He flapped his wings slowly coasting along his focus on the ground below them.

After a few minutes of that he spotted his goal. There were some wild boars snuffling below him. Normally he would have dropped out of the sky and charred them there, but he wasn't sure if Selene had strapped herself in on their assent so he hung n the air a bit longer, flapping to keep himself still in the air and craned his neck around to check his partner and make sure she would be alright if he went down and hunted.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:47 am

Getting comfortable atop Kono was slowly growing into a habit already, despite the fact that they had not known each other for all that long yet and she very much enjoyed surfing the wind currents with him.
Once he began hovering, she realised he had spotted something interesting and she wondered why he was not going after his prey. “Oh, sorry,” Selene muttered when the dragon turned around to check up on her. “I’m all strapped in and should be alright with the rollercoaster ride,” she joked, feeling slightly guilty for not having told the dragon earlier that he could go about his business as he pleased.

Exhilarating as always, the dive was quick and sudden and Selene’s cheeks were soon burning from the speed of the chase, not to mention the cold whipping of the wind. No matter how hot it was, it seemed, if one was racing through the sky, the wind always seemed to be a tad colder than expected.

The remainder of the day passed quicker than expected. After dinner, Selene was feeling a bit bloated again. She looked over at Akira. “How long have you been training to be as good as you are now? I mean with being on Mizu’s back and everything else really,” she made a circular gesture with her hand to emphasize her words. She had been wondering about this for a while during their flight before completely clearing her mind of anything but the dragon and she was slightly worried it would take her very long.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Kono was quite happy with his catch, he had caught two decent sized hogs for himself and Selene and had let her take what she wanted before digging into the catch himself, since he knew she had a smaller stomach but hadn't quite learned how much she ate yet. He stopped cleaning off the last of the meat on the hogs bones when Selene asked the question curious to hear what Akira's answer would be.

Akira had sat back to lay in the grass sometime while the pair had been eating and she was playing with a blade of grass between her fingers. She stopped and briefly looked over at Selene when she asked the question, "Hmm. We'll Mizu and I have been together for about...three years, I think. Sooo I would think about six months?" I'm not quite sure i never really watched my own improvement. But I don't think it took all that long to get a good grip on moving around Mizu.....though I have a tendency to find trouble." She explained resuming fiddiling with the blade of grass she still had in her hand.

Mizu watched silently, leaned back his wings tucked against his back. He didn't feel the need to add his two sense into the conversation, Akira always did just fine talking, even if she did get a bit carried away sometimes. He still enjoyed her company and her presence in his mind. He rolled his eyes at her comment though, "Or making it." He added with a fond smile which earned him a playful glare from Akira.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:36 pm

It was an irrational thought, she knew, but still, Selene could not help but think that any second now she could explode from having eaten too much. Her stomach felt so extremely full and round, she felt like she was not going to eat for another week anymore.

“Six months, not that long? I don’t know but six months seems like a rather long time to me,” Selene exclaimed. She could see how it might not be a lot in terms of acquiring new skills and learning something completely new from scratch, but still six months seemed like such a long time to her.
“Probably it isn’t as long though as it sounds. I mean, time does have a knack for passing quickly,” she continued in order to try and save her from a reprimand. She knew that her previous statement had not come out all that nice. Life had always been a little different for Selene than for other girls around her and any length of time had seemed endless to her, especially if it had involved her learning about the perfect life she should be leading once she was married. That was a whole different story however.

Laughing out loud at her last bit, not to mention Mizu’s addition, she grinned foolishly. “From the little I’ve seen of you, it really does seem like Mizu has a point.” She merely had to remember that explosion in the town to see where the sword dragon got that idea from. “But at least, it is never going to be boring around you, Akira,” the young woman added with a smile.

As she leaned back against Kono, Selene patted her stomach in a soothing manner as she lightly closed her eyes a little. "Adventure has always been a dream of mine, but sometimes I really think that I'm not cut out for it, no matter how much I keep imagining myself doing amazing deeds in all sorts of situations."
She didn't quite know why she had even said it, but she did not add anything else after realising that she had spoken the words out loud, quite simply leaving them hanging in the air like that.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Kono blew out a puff of air in a short chuckle. "I don't think any one is 'cut out' for adventure to begin with. I think it's an acquired skill." Kono responded placing his head on top of his talons one of the hog ribs between his teeth as he chewed on it lightly, playing with it between his teeth. The light Pressure of Selene's body against his own ribs was a sensation he found he actually enjoyed. It was light and constant, a friendly feeling that reminded him he was not alone, and had someone else to care for as well. He watched her through a half open lid for a few moments before shifting his gaze to Akira and Mizu as they tussled and talked.

Mizu pulled back a bit as Akira rolled over to hit him for his comment a smile on her face. She was so young and despite her trials so care free. Sure she had always wanted to prove herself to adults which was probably the source of her eccentric nature, but she was important to him none the less. "You'll learn I always have a point when it comes to this one." He grumbled grabbing her hand and stopping it from beating on him anymore.

"And one day you'll learn to keep your trap shut." She responded with a sassy playfulness in her voice as she relented and laid back down with a huff shutting her eyes, basking in the last of the light from the sun. "Six months can indeed seem like forever when your looking forward, but looking back it feels like it passes much too quickly." She stated remembering the time they had spent together learning all the things they had, and fighting with each other....a lot.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:37 pm

Selene grinned. “I don’t doubt that.” In fact, she was fairly certain that Mizu might know Akira better than the girl knew herself, but that was a comment she was going to keep to herself. They were probably right however, all of them, as far as time and adventure was concerned. After all, Akira and Mizu had already done the training and were accustomed to each other and Kono wasn’t the youngest dragon around so he would know too. Better than her in any case, no matter what her experiences have been like.

Settling in for the night, Selene closed her eyes, comfortable and secure against Kono’s body, and happy that she was not alone. It was an odd sensation but one she rather quite liked. Little did she know that Kono was having much the same thoughts, but she would learn in time, of that she was certain. As scary as the thought may have been at first that apparently they had bonded, she was starting to warm to the idea of becoming, or already being, a dragon rider. Unconsciously, she scratched at the mark on her neck before falling into a deep sleep.

The next few weeks were spent in much the same manner. Practising, eating, fighting, training of all sorts and all over the place, moving around regularly as well rather than staying in one place for too long. Flight training was what Selene preferred though and whenever they took to the air, a glow appeared on her face that no other aspect of being a dragon rider managed to bring forth.

“How could I ever have lived without this? How could I even have ever doubted the existence of dragons?” Selene shook her head as she settled back properly onto Kono’s neck, letting her hand run along his scales in the manner she always did. It was a small habit she had picked up during their flight training and she had never quite dropped it, and by now it was a routine.

“Do you think we’re going to move on again tonight? We’ve been here for quite a while already and I’m starting to feel itchy.” The reason why she was feeling itchy wasn’t that she felt like a nomad and wanted to constantly keep moving, but rather because there were too many shadows surrounding this place, and she had already heard screams the night before. Of course, nobody had quite wanted to believe it to be in any way related to what Kono and Selene had witnessed shortly after they had first met, but she wasn’t sure.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:35 am

Over the next few weeks the irritated section of scales where his mark settled to a simple discoloration that was the same shape as Selene's. It was easily reachable from the saddle on his back and it tended to be where Selene's hand fell when she stroked him. A sensation that was odd the first few times but he had gotten used to and even started to rely on a bit. 

Kono huffed tilting his wings mid glide a slow casual flight pattern he favored as they circled the field below, "You're probably weren't alone...if that's any consolation." He responded flapping his wings once to keep his flight pattern steady. He felt her discomfort himself and had heard that terrifying shriek. It was something he was not looking forward too, and even though Selene had become more comfortable on his back and more skilled with a sword he still wasn't sure they were ready. If course not knowing the creature, they might never be ready, they would have to face it sooner or later. "I think it might be a good idea. It would probably be nice to move farther south as well, those snow clouds to the north seem to moving closer." He commented as they caught sight of the large grey clouds out in the distance. The first snow of winter was threatening now and the south would promise warmer weather, if only slightly. 

Their leisurely flight was interrupted by Mizu's sudden appearance heading towards them from underneath Akira astride his back a sword gripped in her hand and her posture tense though a smile was still on her face since the brawl was merely for training and not serious. Course the blade she was holding was wooden as well. 

Kono flicked his tail downwards shifting his center of balance and bringing his wings in close so he would drop from the sky, "Breaks over" he grunted as the forces around his body changed with his sudden change in direction.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:29 am

Selene nodded, only to then voice her agreement out loud since Kono didn’t see the head movement. Though he could probably feel what she was thinking anyways due to their link. It had grown stronger over the course of the weeks and it was still odd to her but she was slowly growing accustomed to it and couldn’t imagine being without it anymore. The mark on her neck still itched sometimes but it was a great comfort to see and stroke it on Kono’s neck. Kono… her dragon. Hers. Shaking her head, she had to smile at the weird ring such a statement had to it.

“I wouldn’t mind getting out of the way of the snow either. And it doesn’t look as though winter is going to keep us waiting much longer if we linger around these parts.” As if on cue, a current of cold air made her shiver slightly, but she was soon distracted when Mizu and Akira launched another attack.

Preoccupied with staying on Kono’s back while making a decent impression upon her instructor, Selene forgot any notions of snow and horrible screams until the sun was starting to set. Somehow, they had once again managed to kill a whole day and she was slowly starting to be less tired at the end of them. The huge amounts of practice Akira had forced her through were really starting to pay off and Selene was thankful for it now, even though at first, she had really not been a happy bunny.

Once they touched down on the ground again to make their usual preparations for the night, Selene stretched languidly, hearing a few bones crack in the process. “I am beat for the day. My old bones aren’t cooperating anymore,” Selene joked as she started to gather bits and pieces together to build a campfire. Not that they needed it for their food – having dragons around surely made life a little easier in that respect – but it was starting to get cold during the nights and despite Kono’s heat, Selene had woken up feeling frosty more than once after the flames had died down.

However, she couldn’t shake the uneasy feeling and her gutt was telling her that they should be on their way sooner rather than later. But flying during the night wasn’t ideal and they all could use some rest before their next endeavour. Still, Selene felt uncomfortable and edgy, though she did her best to hide it on the outside.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:13 am

Kono Settled down once Selene had gotten off his back, he had gotten used to keeping the saddle on for longer periods of time and it kept it from getting cold overnight. I don't think it mattered whether you were human or not, putting something cold on your body was extremely unpleasant. So he merely settle down tucking his talons under his body and stretching his wings to get any kinks out before settling his leading wing finger against the ground. It left a gap that Selene could use as a shelter once she was ready to settle in for the night. He pulled his wings in though against the cold wind the swept over them, at least until it had died down. Now was the time of year when he would start heading for caves. A place away from the wind and where the heat stayed around longer. Of course most of the ones he knew were up north in the mountains and those places were already covered in snow most likely. He watched Selene observing her small size. She was strong and durable for a human sure, but that wasn't all that durable especially by his standards, he wasn't sure she could handle a trip like that. No he would focus for now on heading South away from the cold. There were a few caves down that way. Making up his mind he swung his tail around himself careful to avoid the smaller beings moving about and put his head down on the ground, watching Selene as she got ready for the night, lighting the logs with a small flame.

They burst to life before settling down to a steady burn. The fire would produce light for quite a few hours but they would turn white a produce heat for much longer Keeping the whole group just that much warmer through the night. Akira and Mizu settled down rather quickly with very little talking though their was quite a bit of light punching coming from Akira whenever Mizu tried to suggest something so that she would stay warmer. From her bags she produced a blanket and grabbing a piece of chalk she transmuted a dip in the ground burning away the grass and exposing the dirt A good way to help contain more body heat in the cold since they were a smaller pair. 

Sleeping would be tough tonight, he could feel Selene's edginess through there connection. it was like a little alarm in his head that told him he was being watched. It was good and bad, it was really strange having basically another voice in his head, but he was getting used to it, on the other hand he could understand her better, sure he misunderstood her words occasionally, but he understood her emotions.

As everyone was falling asleep Kono was wide awake watching their surroundings, and looking out into the dark for anything that moved. He fought sleep for quite a while. It was late in the night and the fire was out before sleep finally overtook him and he fell into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:44 am

Selene could feel the restlessness in Kono as she settled against him, glad for his heat and glad that she wasn’t the only one plagued by doubts and fears. Without him, she wasn’t quite sure where she would have ended up by now, seeing that there wasn’t really a place for her to go. Of course, that wasn’t quite true. She could always return to her parents’ but after the way they had parted, she was quite certain that wasn’t the best thing to do. Unless she wanted to fall straight back into their old ways, bickering about how she should settle down and finally find a husband instead of behaving like a boy and not doing as she was told.

It wasn’t long however before exhaustion caught up with her and she drifted off into sleep. Only to wake with a start and a silent scream on her lips. There it had been again, that sound! The sound that made her blood freeze in her veins. The one she had already heard the night before. Could it really be that this was the ominous shade? It had sounded so close, too close for comfort! Was it coming for them? What did it want?

Realising she was about to hyperventilate, Selene forced herself to take a deep breath, but almost choked in the attempt. Her panic refused to die down. With a frantically beating heart, Selene stretched out her hand to steady herself against Kono as she got up into a sitting position. The gesture served as much to really stabilise herself as to simply make sure she was not on her own.

Had she really just heard that noise? Had she been imagining it? Had it just been a dream?

The night was completely silent. Not a sound permeated the darkness and Selene thought her heartbeat could be heard for miles. “Not even an owl or other animals,” she whispered, only to hear some kind of sound that wasn’t her heart, but the croak emanating from her throat wasn’t doing anything to make her feel any calmer. Increasing the pressure on Kono’s scales a little, she gently probed with her mind to check if he was awake. That part of the link definitely came in handy now, no matter how weird it was to have someone else in your head.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 pm

The jolt of terror that had spread through Selene's mind had woken Kono back up with a start and his head shot up from it's position close to his wing where Selene had been asleep under. He looked around for the source of her terror until he felt a poking at the edge of his mind. With a snort he lifted his wing and brought his head under it cocking his head a bit curious of what she wanted. He growled making his body vibrate in an attempt to sooth her. 

He hadn't heard a scream, course he had also been sound asleep when she had jolted him awake. He blew out some heated air before lifting his head again and looking about at their surrounding her fear setting off his protective instincts and waking him up from his groggy state. 

(Mizu and akira still asleep.)
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:08 am

“What’s going on, Kono?” Selene asked as his head poked under the wing. In her panic, she hadn’t even realised that the dragon was already awake, so she practically jumped a few feet in the air when he lifted his wing all of a sudden. The vibrations of his rumble and the hot air of his nostrils were doing her good though and slowly, she was managing to calm herself a little.

The terrified sensation of something or someone being there did however not go away. There most definitely was another being, if not observing them, then close by. “It goes for lone travellers, does it not?” Selene whispered, frantically trying to recall what she had learned in the village about the ominous shade. She was certain that the screams had been caused by it and she was in no way inclined to cross paths with it. While she may have had heroic thoughts at some point about trying to do something against the menace it posed, at that very moment, she very much just wanted to turn tail and run as far away as possible.

“Territory,” she suddenly remembered. “Didn’t we think it would have a territory? Why on earth have we entered that space? We need to get out. I don’t want to bump into it!” Forgotten was the bravery as she ventured into one of the villages attacked by the shade to find out more about it. All she wanted to do was go, go far away. Instantly!

The fear still wouldn’t let go of her, and she was feeling it tear at her clothes, her skin. Every fibre of her body wanted to get up and run. Run! She tried to fight it, tried to keep a hold on the mind link with Kono to calm her thoughts but the panic was too strong, ever tightening its grip.
Until she couldn’t bear it any longer, and with a scream burst into a headlong run out into the night.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Kono lifted his wings and stood quickly in shock, It was dark, the moon had been covered by clouds and the snow was threatening close by now. In the dark she could easily disappear from his sights being so small. A wind kicked at his backside and he snorted trying to quickly gauge the wind and the dark. If he took to the air he could loose her even faster but he wasn't the fastest on the ground. He shifted back and forth on his talons her fear permeating through their link and confusing his judgment.

The scream awoke Mizu and Akira with a start. Akira was up in a second Mizu close behind trying to figure out what was going on. All they saw was Selene's backside and Kono hesitate pacing back and forth, once. Twice, he then turned to them "Help me keep her in sight." He growled then was gone opening his wings and taking to the air leaving them behind.

Akira gaped after him, "How the heck are we suppose to do that?!?" She shouted into the wind. With a grumble she looked at Mizu who shrugged his face serious. With a hurmph she relented and after cleaning the site where they had slept took off along the ground to relocate the panicked girl.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 2:05 pm

Without any idea where she was going or even a thought for those she left behind, Selene didn’t even register Kono’s growing fear as he hesitated between choices of how to pursue her. Nothing was entering her mind. The only thing she could feel was the cold blanket of terror wrapping itself around her, tighter and tighter, and the scattered, irrational thoughts such an intense emotion brought with it.

By the time she burst into the forest, she had already accumulated a dozen scratches on her face from the bushes she had rushed through; her hands and knees were bleeding from falling down, but every time she had picked herself up again and hurried on in fear, knowing for certain that if she stopped, she was doomed.

The darkness around her was closing in and she couldn’t breathe anymore but still she kept running. Her muscles were screaming with the exertion, but still she kept going. Something was pursuing her, breathing down her neck, and she was sure she could hear the distinctive chuckle of something evil as it pushed her to run even faster. Every time she wanted to scream, the sound remained locked in her throat and she nearly chocked on it. But she never stopped running, fear having scrubbed her mind clear of everything. Nothing mattered, only that she kept running, away, far, far away.

Selene had no idea for how long it had been since she had up and left the others but when she finally stopped, she collapsed on the ground, not knowing where she was, not knowing how she had gotten there, unwilling to ever get up again. Shivering, she pulled herself tightly into a ball, whimpering as a dark shadow leaned over her. She refused to open her eyes and acknowledge the presence but she could feel it, hovering over her.

And all of a sudden it was gone.
The young woman was too exhausted to even feel relief, nor was their anything to be relieved about. She had no idea where she was, she was lightly clothed, exhausted, and it had just begun to snow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7