Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Slightly raising an eyebrow, Abraxas cocked her head to the side when the huge ice dragon began to laugh. That was indeed not what she had expected. Where was the outburst? Confused, the horse dragon kept looking at him, fascinated by the trickle of blood that was first freezing like an icicle before it immediately defrosted again, dripping along the left-over of the reindeer in his mouth. If it wasn’t so cold, she might have shuddered. It simply looked gory and disgusting. Though she immediately snapped back to the present when he spoke, and she was outraged by his words. “Little? Little!?” She knew she was not the tallest of dragons, but come on! “I will show you little if you keep getting on my nerves,” she grumbled. However, she wasn’t all that angry, the huge fellow was letting Frost off easy and none of them would think of this for much longer.

She actually felt sorry for Frost, sitting there, looking tiny and helpless, as he huddled up and hugged his tail around himself. “If they’re threatened? Well...” It might be rather obvious that a bunch of easily scared human beings felt threatened by a handful of dragons, one of which to their standards would seem enormous, were playing with a herd of reindeer, half of which were lying dead on the ground. Sure, they might not see this from where they were but they most certainly had heard the reindeer herd, or rather, the remaining ones, come by in a panic.

As Frost interrupted himself, and did not continue, Abraxas pushed: “Actually what? If there’s something we need to know, maybe you ought to tell us now before it’s too late? I don’t know about you guys but I will not be able to keep running for another few hours to get rid of the humans.” Following Frosts’s look, she was relieved to see that the red spot was not what they’d thought it would be. It was not the red-nosed one that had been killed. “They might run from you alright, but they wouldn’t be scared of me and you never know what is going on in their twisted minds, they might decide that a frost dragon hide would be a nice wall-hanging.” Abraxas had to grin at his question though, deciding to let Frost answer this for himself.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:26 pm

After hearing the ice dragon say he would leave him alone, Frost very visibly relaxed, but stayed silent. People don't always stay one way for long. Then again, he did Have Abraxas to defend himself, and she seemed plenty tough, though a bit on the small side. But after hearing her chew the other dragon out about her size, he found that that matter should go unspoken. At least she could stand up for herself in front of larger adversaries. like a chihuahua. He thought grimly.

After Abraxas started pushing him, he looked away from everything, pawing at the ground guiltily. "Well... I may have, since we're on such good terms...told them a dragon's weak points?" He looked at Abraxas, feeling terrible. That wasn't a light matter to speak of with humans, no matter how well you knew them. "Well, I was worried they might get attacked, and thought it best for them to know what to do." He explained, hoping, but knowing that it wasn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:12 pm

Cleto went still after hearing Frost's timid confession, snapping his head up from the meticulous process of cleaning out reindeer fur from between his claws to stare at the winter dragon with unveiled astonishment on his face. The big dragon rose to his feet, his mild expression falling to a darker one of anger as he leveled a glare at Frost. “You did what?” He hissed, narrowing his eyes at the winter dragon. “Humans talk, you know! And not all of them are these flea-bitten Neanderthals just scraping out a living in the frigid snow!” His voice lowered in pitch dangerously, while rising in volume tremendously, the deep timber echoing off the surrounding mountains slightly and lending the huge ice dragon a most fearsome effect indeed. He had simply been a little pissed before, but now that rather tame emotion had quickly evolved into something far more dangerous. Frost was walking a thin line between leaving unharmed and becoming as dead as the reindeer at his feet. “Just imagine if you would for a moment that one of those pathetic meat bags started talking. It’s bad enough that some of those slayers and hunters have figured out how to kill our kind, but a whole village of them? What if word got out to Kaionar or Shayenne, or -Maliki forbid- Didienne! Those little huffy slayers with their greed for gold and glory would be the last of our problems!” Cleto snorted, a gust of the deadly freezing breath leaving him and pooling on the ground like a thick mist before dissipating into the air, leaving the snow and blood at his feet in a solid sheet of ice.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:28 pm

The horse dragon looked at Frost, completely dumbstruck. Had she been a human being, her mouth would probably be hanging wide open now at this revelation, and not just any kind of revelation. Oh no, this was actually something that could sentence them all to death. "How the HELL could you tell them?!" She exclaimed, but before she could go on ranting, the big icey dragon was already shouting at the winter dragon for being so careless, well, reckless more like, and drowned anything Abraxas might have said. The more and more she listened to him, the more frightened she became. Not because of his rather impressive volume and the tone or the posture he had assumed, but of the picture he was painting. If indeed word got out of what Frost had confessed to those puny little humans in the village, then they were all doomed. Every single dragon might be hunted down if Cleto's warning were to come to pass.

"That was a really, really stupid thing to do, Frost." Cleto's rage was still palpable in the air and she did not want to add any more to this, it was fairly obvious that Frost knew he had made a mistake, a huge one, and he was probably regretting telling it. Though, maybe he was also simply regretting having told the ice dragon. The horse dragon quite frankly didn't know what to do. She would not defend Frost on this one, it had been a very idiotic thing to do and he had to know so as not to repeat such a mistake, but on the other hand, she did not particularly enjoy standing between the two when the frost dragon had began shouting at the smaller winter dragon.

"What if they really start coming after us? What if they really start hunting us now? With all the noise we have created with the reindeer and the many bloody corpses that are lying around here, they will not consider as harmless little creatures. They will hunt us, kill us! And I, for one, do not want to wait around to see what they're going to do. I only have my legs to count on, I cannot just suddenly jump into the air and fly away like nothing concerns me." Her voice was bitter and she was beginning to be slightly more pissed off than she had been. It was a fact she could only repeat. The winged ones rarely thought about consequences for those that could not be airborne and forgot how hard life on the face of the earth can sometimes be when you had to rely on your legs only to escape. Abraxas looked from one dragon to the other, weighing her options. They both had wings, so it would be up to her on her own to get rid of the humans if they decided to follow tracks. That is just great... Her face darkened and if looks could kill, at least one of the two would now not be standing anymore.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Oh, darn, that didn't help. It looked almost like Frost's tail was charged with over a thousand volts, it was twitching all over, the ornamental tip bumping against his body with an out-of-rythm thumping. He felt as if anything else he said would just condemn him further. But, of course, he only thought this for a moment, and soon more words were tumbling half-hazardly out. "But, eh, uh, who?" He looked back and forth between the two, trying to find something to calm them. "Well, uh, th-the village is very, uh, nice, and..." Oh, there was something else, but what in the world was it? It was...

"There are too many kids!" He finally blurted out. That's what it was. "Th-the kids there, all of them, yeah." Did that even make sense? Now that he thought about it, he remembered that that village was kind of queer. No, wait, not kind of. Really queer. Unless he was thinking of another village. But really, how many villages were out here? He could tell that humans didn't particulary like the cold, because they always were complaining about it. And these humans he was sure complained much more because...

"Children, every one of them." He finally blurted, concentrating on his dancing tail. "All except one, this really old man who never comes out of his house. And the children only look like adults because he magicked them to look and sound like that outside. I think." His head tilted slightly, still wondering. "I think. I could be thinking about another. But I'm pretty sure this one was it." How would this go? Would they beleive him even more insane? Would the believe? Oh, look, there's some blood on my leg. Messy eater. His attention immediatly swapped to his leg, which he rubbed restlessly with his tail, in a vin attempt to wipe it off.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:23 pm

“They’re children?” Cleto hissed, swinging his gaze up to the horizon as if he could see this village for himself. Looking once to Abraxas, he snorted, a sound that was half laugh half growl. “My little horse friend, you are not the only dragon here that can not fly. The one that has caused this mess remarkably has the most ability to escape it.” He glared relentlessly at Frost again, the ice vapors shooting from his nostrils and crystallizing the air in front of him as he snorted again. Standing, the huge ice dragon began to pace, his mind working furiously over their problem, his tail lashing about with those dangerous indigo spikes launching drifts of snow and gouged earth into the air with ease.

“I would kill you where you stand, had you imparted the secrets of our race with a mind for profit.” Cleto finally rumbled, but continued his pacing, his head swinging to face Frost and kept his eyes pinned on the slightly smaller dragon. “But you seem to have done it in good faith. The does not excuse you, however. You have still put us all at risk, regardless of your good intentions and whether or not it was children that you taught. It is perhaps all the more dangerous that it is children who know, for the younglings of the human race learn greed and secret keeping at a late age. They will share their knowledge by accident if not readily.” His pacing paused, and he looked like he was chewing a tough decision over before speaking again. “Lead me to this village. I must see who our enemies are.”

His request to see the village was far more than a simple chance to observe, of course. If they really were the danger that he rightly thought them to be, then the huge dragon would have no qualms about unleashing his freezing breath on the entirety of the village, children or no children. If the choice was between saving the lives of some human children with too much knowledge for their own good, or bloodying his claws with their youth to save his race, he would do so. He was old enough to know how to live down ridicule and self-doubt. Frost’s fate, on the other hand, was more of an undecided nature. As stated before, Cleto could not fly even though he had wings. His body was simply too heavy and his wings too small to support the action, even gliding was impossible. Frost, however, could beat a quick retreat if Cleto did not immobilize him right away. He would just have to see where this lead.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm

“Children?” she echoed Cleto, unwilling to believe that the entire village was composed of children. “That cannot be, where there are children, there are parents, or at least guardians...“ Shaking her head, Abraxas tried to digest the news, but found she didn’t know how. The expression on her face became darker by the second and she was beginning to fear that she might turn into some kind of reincarnation of the devil if the bad news kept piling up like that. But the horse dragon’s face suddenly changed from grim to surprise as Cleto grumbled that he couldn’t fly either. That was indeed astounding and a completely new fact to her, he had wings though, had he not? Eyeing up the dragon, she wondered why. He was quite large but surely his wings would have to be useful in some way? Yet, before she could ask anything about it, Frost added the cherry on top of the icing.

“Pah, only children. You do know that children will eventually become adults, grown-up humans? And you do know what most grown-up humans seem to be doing as a sport these days?” She could only agree with Cleto that children with that much knowledge, were the most dangerous. To make things worse, it was no secret that the profession of the dragon slayer had become increasingly popular lately, especially amongst the youngsters, seeking fame in fighting “dangerous beasts”. The dragons were still outweighing the slayers’ numbers but the odds had changed. “And they’re supposed to be bewitched on top of it? To look like adults?! Whatever is going on there? How could you not see that a twisted little village like that can only mean bad tidings?!” Abraxas knew she was talking herself into a rage or even a panic, at this moment in time she wasn’t sure anymore, she only knew that her brain was overreacting and she was imagining the weirdest things about this village.

Lying down on the snow, the horse dragon tried to calm herself, by enveloping her body with the cold snow, hoping it would snap her back into reality, which amazingly it did rather quickly. As she almost started gritting her teeth because of the creeping cold, she threw up her head to look at the huge frost dragon. Tutting at his comment, she growled: “There’s no reason to threaten his life. He didn’t know what he was doing. It is a very stupid mistake – I can only repeat myself – but it was an honest one, so give him a break.” Shaking her head, she watched Frost as he was frantically scratching at his leg, wondering what the heck it was he was doing. She also wondered why she kept on defending him, especially seeing that she might do better not to get on the bad side of Cleto. Once more shaking her head, she scolded herself for constantly mulling over the same thoughts. It was not going to solve anything. To distract herself, she looked over to the winter dragon and as she realised that Frost was still playing with his tail, she frowned at him: “What the heck are you doing?”

However, her attention was immediately drawn back to the frost dragon again. Her eyes opened wide in surprise and shock at his words, and she immediately sprang to her feet again: “You want what? Go there?! Straight into the lion’s den? When you know it’s probably haunted and whatnot else...” Abraxas shook her head. “I didn’t know you had a death wish.”
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Was he suggesting he would just up and fly away!? Granted, the thought had passed through Frost's minsuch a thing would only hurt him further. Besides, why should he run when he was telling the truth? He was actually more surprised by Cleto's claim to be flightless, and not his accusation. To have wings and not be able to fly is probably worse than having no wings at all. At least then the constant reminder wouldn't be following you, and you wouldn't be asked 'Why don't you fly?' He felt sorry for Cleto, until he threatened his life like that. He watched Cleto pace nervously, still rubbing his leg for comfort, even after the blood was wiped off.

"Stupid?" Oh, now that was mean. But now, the more he thought about it, there was something suspicious about the old maan there. He always asked so many questions, and the mmore they spoke of his stupid mistakes, the more obvious it became. He would have to investigate further, and if it meant having Cleto tag along, then very well. "I-I will take you." He looked up at Cleto, his eyes boring into Cleto. "But if you do what I think you're going to do, I will not hesitate to do the same to you." Such seriousness was uncommon in him, and he even scared himself for a moment, but he knew for a fact that the children were good, and he wouldn't let anything happen to them.

He returned to his usual self after Abraxas' comment, and he stared at his tail in surprise. He twisted his til away, and stare intently at the spot he was rubbing and sighed. The scales in that area were worn-down, and didn't shine like the ones around it. It didn't l More importantly, how did his little tail bauble do that anyways? "Well, uh, I think he got some gore on my leg, and I was wiping it off." He turned to show her the worn spot. "But now look! It's all wierd-looking now!"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:11 am

Lifting a brow to Abraxas' outburst, Cleto refrained from comment for the moment, listening instead to Frost's reply, a wolfish grin crossing his face at the out of character challenge that the winter dragon produced. Cleto was perhaps a good few feet taller at the shoulder than the winter dragon, his increased bulk entirely the result of having become ground-bound some hundred years ago. He was always impressed by those that would stand up to him, however, especially if their physical presence was considerably less than his. Becoming serious as well, he replied "We will both do what we must."

Briefly, his attention was drawn to Frost's leg where he had been rubbing it, and nearly wondered aloud how the children had managed to learn anything from a dragon that was so obviously scatterbrained as he. With a dulled sense of morbid amusement, he could imagine the little-big fur-clad bewitched children staring at Frost with glazed-over looks as they tried to follow his confusing twists of thought as he babbled for hours about nothing in particular. Choosing to ignore his revelation about the diminished quality of his scales, Cleto swung his head around to look at the small horse dragon, walking a few steps toward where he knew the approximate location of the nearest human village. "Tell me, little horse, why should I not charge into the lion's den as you call it? This is not my problem to handle directly, by any means, but I have a feeling deep in my gut that very soon it will become my problem. So, it is either face the trouble now, or later, after the wound has had time to fester." A deep guffaw echoes out of his chest, some sort of personal joke occurring to him at that moment. "I do not have any sort of wish to die, though I have lived many a long year. I could die, yes, walking amongst jackals being an excellent way to incite bodily harm. But, if it were for a worthy cause, I would feed the scavengers my flesh in exchange for feeding them my claws. Fighting to save my fellow brethren... now that is a worthy cause for which I would die." He exchanged a long look with Frost, then motioned with his head toward the vast ice plain. "Well, take us there."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 am

Surprised, Abraxas raised an eyebrow, as Frost seemed to threaten Cleto. This was a surprising turn of events. Though he seemed to be his previous self rather quickly again, anew obsessing about some blood he'd gotten on his leg, constantly rubbing around on his scales. It was beginning to annoy the horse dragon. How could anyone have such compulsive behaviour on a constant basis?! Her eyes flickered to Cleto, seeing the wolfish grin, and it worried her, just a little bit. His words did the rest however. Worry was now plain across her face and she wondered what it was the two were planning to do each other if the trip to the village - which of course was now inevitable - would not turn out as either of them had planned. Did she really want to be in the middle of this?

She snorted at Cleto's speech. "Wow, and now he wants to be a hero too." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm, even though she had to admit that he had a point. Rather take the fight to the village than let the enemy bring the fight to you. At least this way, they might have the element of surprise on their side. Though she was still wondering if there was anything more to this? Why were they suddenly considering combat when maybe it was really just a stupid mistake and nothing had really happen, or would happen. Cleto sounded like he was going to march into a battle and Abraxas did not like it. Neither did she like the fact that he called her little..... But she was not going to start commenting on that. With a sigh, she said: "Well then, I'm certainly not going to stay here and guard the slaughter. I'll of course come with you and see what is really going on."

Looking back towards Frost, wondering how he was really feeling or if he was as confused when it came to feeling sad or happy as he was in his behaviour and speech, she added to Cleto's - in her mind - harsh words: "Show us the way, please, so we can resolve this matter. I'm beginning to dislike this cold place very much and want to get out of here as soon as possible."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Well, now the journey unfolds. There was no way he could ask them not to come, they both seemed too determined. So, with a quick smile to Abraxas and a grimace to Cleto, he turned and began walking, motioning for them to follow with a flick of his tail.

((Sorry for the shortness of that. Anyways, time skip!))

"Ahah, were here!"
Here being a relative term. The trip had already taken the rest of the day away, and there was still another hour or so away. But you could see it in the distance thanks to the flat landscape, a simple wooden-hut village with a few fires lighting up the evening. Now Frost, who had up to this point had been dragging his tail along the ground behind him in boredom, perked up immediatly. Of course, the trip usually didn't take this long when he was in the area, simply because the trip was usually taken in the air, but with Abraxas and Cleto in tow that wasn't really an option. But now, where were the guards? They were usually out at this time, and not seeing them was..... oh no, wait, there they were! A man and a woman, both wearing thick furs and bearing burning lampposts, and they weren't far. They had seen Frost and the others as well, and were pointing thier lights at them and growling. "Dama sode!?" They both exclaimed, glaring. The voices were angry, butt what was odd was thier voices were much higher than usually. Frost, in return, simply waved his tail at them, smiling. "Hosoe!"

With that one word, the two humans instantly changed. What were glaring faces became smiles and laughter as they threw down thier lamps and ran towards them. As they got closer, you could see that inthe woman's arms was a doll, and the man had a wooden sword, the kind children in cities would play with. Frost cast an angry glare to Cleto, warning him that he wouldn't put up with him if he did anything, and knelt down, allowing the humans to hug and pet hs neck. "Dombe?" He asked them, smiling, and they both began speaking at a pace and volume no self-respecting human would. Frost just smiled and nodded to them, adding in his own words when the two looked nervously at Abraxas and Cleto. You could definently tell something was up just from this.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:27 am

The winter dragon’s exclamation of “we’re here!” did little to pacify Cleto, who could only see more of the vast ice plain that they had been traveling in for the greater portion of the day. Abraxas’ voiced concerns had moved Cleto to walk close to the much smaller horse, standing between her and the biting winds that plagued the open ice plains. Is great bulk served well as a windbreaker, and being an ice dragon, he didn’t much mind the cold anyway. Now that they were “here”, wherever that was, and the only thing that greeted them was more ice plains and a man and woman, wearing the furs that were common garb of the humans in these frigid parts.

The exchange between the two humans and Frost was certainly interesting indeed, and had put Cleto at a pause. He expected the bewitchment that the winter dragon had spoke of would wear off once they got closer, or spoke, or something! But whatever the enchantment, the spell did not waver no matter how Cleto tried to picture the two adults as younger versions of themselves. The doll and toy sword was a point of curiosity for him, for he did not often involve himself in human affairs. The short-lived race was far too ambitious, rambunctious, and generally chaotic for his tastes, preferring to live in quiet solitude amongst the wind-whipped peaks of this icy desert. He could appreciate that any true swordsman would never carry around a wooden toy though, and when he listened, he determined that the tiny high voices emitting from the two throats shouldn’t belong to adults. He didn’t understand their rapid speech either, or the words that Frost exchanged with the two, and wondered just how many languages the fur-less two-legged ones could possibly invent, and for what purpose?

“So these are some of them?” Cleto asked at length, nodding once to the two humans, but keeping his eyes on Frost. “Are they all like this?”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:31 am

It had been a long trip that had on top of all the snow and ice not only raked her resistance to bad weather but also her nerves. The ice plains were clearly not meant for her and she disliked the place more and more the further they travelled. She had been extremely grateful when Cleto had positioned himself in a way that took away the worst of the biting cold. The further they had walked, the closer she had sidled up to him to profit as much as possible from his sheer size. Frost’s exclamation did nothing to improve her mood. She was grumpy, to say the least, and her mane had begun to grow icicles.

She shot Frost a devastating look when they were ‘here’ without there actually being a here. There was nothing to see. Nothing at all. Lost in her dark mood, she didn’t even realise that the winter dragon seemed to be searching for something. She was about to start cursing their stupid idea to actually come ‘here’, whatever that meant, when suddenly two humans appeared in her view. Cocking her head to the side, she watched Frost get down on his knees to let them touch him. A shudder went down her spine as she watched the scene, herself being a firm believer in not letting a human touch her in any way. Much like Cleto, she just stood there, watching Frost, and besides wondering what the hell he was doing, she was surprised at the humans, once she took a closer look. The look adult enough but everything about them hinted at them being children, starting with the toys to the way they seemed to completely trust the winter dragon and his judgement about the two newcomers he had with him and they did not know. It made her curious to know more as to why this was, but she didn’t trust this. Not one bit. It was too weird. She looked at Cleto, trying to figure out what he was thinking and the doubt was visible in his face though he didn’t actually voice it. Maybe he was humouring Frost. Abraxas on the other hand was more interested in something else: “What language is that you’re speaking?” She shot a quick glance at Frost while asking the question before her eyes returned to the humans. They were just too weird... and she didn’t understand what was going on. And that, the horse dragon did not like at all.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:38 pm

"So, how's you're village been?"

"Great, we all made a bunch of new games and he's giving us alot of sweets!"

"Really? Cool!"

Of course, this conversation wasn't in common, but in this tribe's language. And when Abraxas asked what language it was, that's exactly what he said, after he tore himself away from thier conversation. "It's a very remote language, one known only by the children of the village and a few special others. Myself included, I guess." Okay, it wasn't exactly that, but it was close enough. After that, he turned to Cleto and replied to him as well, still in a good mood about meeting back up with the village. "Yeah, most of the time, but only outside." He then turned to the two humans and nudged them, pointing them towards thier fallen lamps. The two dashed off, retrieved thier lamps, and came back, lighting them as they came. "We'll need thier light to get in the village." He explained. "Or we'll be istaken for enemies."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:30 pm

Cleto snorted his amusement at the phrasing, lowering his head so that he could get a better look at the humans. "At least they have a method of defining friend from foe. I would suppose that you suggested this as well?" Humans were fascinating to Cleto, who still had a hard time imagining how they survived without scale or claws or fangs. At one time, he had also wondered how they bore not being able to fly, but he had discovered the answer to that question without ever having to ask one of the fleshy meat bags. Even now, the furless-scaleless creatures wore the pelt of other animals to make up for their lake of naturally being able to survive in such a harsh environment. Such strange creatures.

With a small shake, he raised his head and stretched his wings, flapping them twice and kicking up some snow before folding them back up. "I hope that this elder you spoke of knows the common tongue, or we will only have you to translate for us." Having to rely on Frost was not something that the big dragon looked forward to, given his scatter-brained tendencies and the severity of the topic. Who knew if he could get his message out correctly if the winter dragon was editing his words? He was eager to see the village now, and watched the humans with a steady gaze.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:16 am

The horse dragon shifted from one hoof to another, readying herself now to run should this become any weirder and thus retreating a little further back behind Cleto. The hair on her back was beginning to rise slowly, the more she heard and saw. She was simply absolutely not comfortable with this and every scale on her body seemed to scream at her, she should flee as long as there was time. She perked up her ears at the language explanation. It sounded flawed to her. “But.. how do you know this language?” Maybe she was being difficult and/or stupid, yet she couldn’t help questioning these peculiar humans and their habits. Though she had to admit, having a sort of defense mechanism in place was not the worst idea. “And will they do with enemies?” she muttered, not sure whether Frost heard.

A nervous giggle escape the horse dragon’s lips as Cleto suggested Frost translate for them when they met this supposed leader or whatnot. As much as she liked the winter dragon, she knew that he was not the most reliable dragon around and she feared that he might overlook to translate a few vital bits in his forgetfulness. Little did she know that those were exactly the background thoughts the ice dragon had as well. Carefully, she nudged Cleto. “Are you really absolutely sure about this?” she asked in a low voice, uncertain whether Frost heard or not. “I don’t trust them….” She let the implications of such a statement unspoken, certain that Cleto would understand.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Frost stared intently at the lights for a while, his tail flicking from excitement. Fire had always fascinated him, especially since he couldn't make it for himself... "Huh?" He looked away from the fire and stared at Cleto, lips pursed in thought. "I... believe so. Yes, he does. Unless I had taught it to myself, he knows common too." Frost turned back to the fire and motioned a shrug, a move that looked awquard on a four-legged creature. "I didn't teach them the fire trick, it just kind of showed up one day." The humans pulled on Frost's hair and pointed at the village, reminding him. He began walking, smilig as the humans rushed in front of him. "Sure I'm sure: well, ninety nine percennt sure." What was a percent again? Sounded smart, at least.

((Agh, short~))
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:17 pm

"Good." Cleto muttered, drawing his gaze from the children to Frost, not particularly caring if Frost actually heard. "That means that we can have a straight conversation." The soft little voice at his side drew his attention, and he studied Abraxas carefully after she spoke. "Neither do I, my little friend." He replied quietly, stretching one massive wing over her to further shelter her from the cold. The faster that they got her out of the chill the better, he realized upon seeing her shiver violently, the icicles in her mane tinkling with the movement. Not all dragons were made of cold stuff like he and Frost, who could thrive in the extreme cold. "In fact, I would not encourage you or myself to trust the humans at all. It would be much safer to remain wary..." He glanced at the retreating form of the children, the fire bobbing up and down as they walked, and began following behind Frost. "Regardless of this, I still must go. The threat that these children and their leader pose is too great for me to ignore simply for the sake of saving my own skin. If you feel you must leave, then do so at your will, my friend. You are yet young and have better things to be doing than causing trouble in the wild white wastes."

They followed Frost and the humans for some time, weaving between hills and cliffs and groves of snow-covered evergreens on their journey, the bobbing torch and persistent chatter leading the way through the rapidly darkening day. Then, amongst the snow rose a village, quite suddenly in fact. Cleto rose to his full height, an impressive stretch, and observed the village from that towering vantage. It was small, as to be expected from such a remote settlement, though it looked like the houses were constructed well enough. Dark forms walked the street, more of the humans in their furs. Sinking back down on all fours, Cleto let out a long breath that was a cross between a sigh and a hiss. "At least there are not many."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 am

The horse dragon snuggled even closer to the frost dragon when he draped his wing over her. It felt nice to be so protected, but she did not quite like the implications of his statement. At least, she was not the only one that was suspicious of the whole thing and he would remain vigilant as well, though it did not change the fact that he was still thinking about eliminating every single being in that town if necessary. That was another reason why Abraxas was tempted to stay behind, to just let them all walk on and remain where she was or simply turn around and try to find the quickest way back into some kind of warmer territory, without weird men-children. But the thought of losing Cleto’s warmth and being fully exposed to this blizzard, in her opinion, plus the fact that she was curious after all, made her tag along. In addition, Cleto’s statement, albeit meant in a nice and caring manner, felt a little patronizing, and if nothing else that would always be something to drive her to do exactly what she was asked not to do. Anyway, who didn’t want to cause a little trouble once in a while? Frost certainly was a good dragon to have around when you wanted trouble it seemed, and there she’d been that she herself was a magnet for it, but it seemed like she was nothing compared to the winter dragon. He looks happy when he’s with them, she thought, and it made her wonder how much bad can come from something you feel happy around or with. However, there were too many mysteries in this. How can the ability to make fire just suddenly turn up?

In the end, she had to admit to herself that she had never in all honestly contemplated not going through with this voyage, but she liked to keep her options open even if she was not going to take advantage of them. This became even clearer to herself when they suddenly stepped into sight of the village. She barely noticed how tiny she looked next to Cleto when he suddenly rose up to have a better view. Her eyes were focused on the happenings below and the shapes scurrying about in the streets. “Hm.. there’s more of them than I thought there would be,” the horse dragon mused. She looked at Frost, wondering what was going to happen next. The children seemed to really love him, but they hadn’t met the leader yet and couldn’t know for sure what that person would be like. “Frost?” Yet, she wasn’t sure what she actually wanted to ask, but when she observed the little people below, every piece of fur on her body stood on end. Something was sooo not right about this, but she couldn’t pinpoint what it was, except for them all being children obviously. There was something else.. “What are we going to do now? Is it even safe to simply march in there?” And then she realised he had never answered her earlier question: “So what is it they’re going to do to strangers that come barging in?!”
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 am

Frost smiled at the village entrance: It was nice to see that everything was as it was, it made this so much easier to do. At Cleto's comment about their numbers, Frost simply shrugged. "I guess, they never really need many guards at the entrance." As he said this, the two humans ran foreward to the village's nearest entrance and held up their fires carefully. Right as they did this, all of the villagers suddenly stopped and turned to the dragons. They eyed the group warily, some visibly shaking as they did. Frost turned to Abraxas and smiled. "Of course it's safe. Mostly. No, wait, yeah, it's safe." The two humans began motioning for the three dragons to pass in between them, which Frost did happily. His tail wagged a bit as he passed, like an excited dog, and he passed through them seemingly unapposed. But, right before his tail had come completely out from between them, it flailed a bit too far to the left and over the woman's head, which resulted in an odd pulse of energy that showed why there were so little guards: surrounding the village was a giant dome of pulsating energy that burned everything it touched. When Frost's tail recoined from the pain, he said as much through gritted teeth. "Well, if these two aren't making a hole for us to pass through, they wouldn't have to do anything. This forcefield thing would destroy us." Hey, wasn't it obvious though?

But don't think that when Frost entered the village the people would just stand there like they were. As soon as he passed through, the people came in waves, all rushing to greet the dragons as they came. The winter dragon was soon drowning in humans, the majority of them holding odd objects like their guides; some clutched dearly to stuffed toys, others in possesion of bags of marbles, and a few in possesion of odd toys that were specific to this village alone. Regardless, they all were jabbering away, showing off their possesions and grinning despite the power difference.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Despite his resolve to see the job through to the end, his mission self-appointed, Cleto felt some hesitation about entering the village now once he had seen the barrier and what it could do. What would happen if you tried to exit the village while the barrier was still up? Would anything trying to leave be burned like what tried to enter by force? His suspicions about these children and their leader only grew, and a definite sense of unease began to grow within him. Grumbling, and against his better judgment, Cleto ducked, having no desire to brush against the invisible barrier as well, folding his wings tightly to his body and keeping his tail very still as he passed through the barrier opening. The barrier was some sort of strong magic, he had hardly ever seen the equal of it in all his long years of existence. The whole thing was incredibly suspicious, all of his senses on high alert.

The scene of the children magicked to look like adults should have been heartwarming. They rushed forward toward Frost with no inhibitions, eager to show them whatever was in their hands. It should have been a prime example of how humans and dragons could get together peacefully, but the fact that it was seen from behind the safety of an incinerating magical barrier dulled the glamor of the moment in Cleto's eyes. He did not watch Frost carefully, instead looking all around the village for the source of the magical barrier, and more importantly, the one that lead this band of children. He didn't know what the mastermind behind this gross warping of the children's physical appearance would look like, but he imagined that at the very least, he would be identifiable as a mage. "I do not like this..." He grumbled to himself, his low voice grating as his eyes searched the village, his towering height giving him a certain advantage for looking overhead of the magicked children.

Last edited by Aero on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:17 am

Abraxas was sceptical at Frost’s words and it was clearly visible in the look she gave him. But he had never suffered damage so far, so why should it not be safe? Simply because Cleto and her appeared to be slightly paranoid about humans didn’t mean that these children, however weird they were, were actually going to cause them harm. Maybe the leader was just some kind of lunatic that liked having a bunch of children around. However, the horse dragon stopped dead in her tracks when Frost’s tail collided with some kind of magical barrier that was surrounding the whole village. This was absolutely not to her liking and it sent a shiver through her body that had nothing to do with the cold and Frost was obviously in pain now, a fact she liked even less. She tried to force herself to believe that the leader had simply used some kind of magic to protect the children so that wild animals or catastrophes could not endanger their little special world but it grew harder by the minute to remain open-minded and not to flee after all. She watched both of them go through and emerge safely on the other side of this invisible barrier before she decided to follow. Seeing that she was relatively tiny, it was not a problem for her to stay far away from the edges of the magic but she was very conscious of the fact that she might die if the two guards suddenly decided to close the hole in the barrier, while she was not completely inside.

Yet, how could she remain overly suspicious at the scene that was playing in front of her eyes. Stepping up to Cleto, she whispered: “Just look at them. They all seem so earnest.” And that was exactly it. The children all seemed indeed very pleased to see Frost and wanted to share their new – or old – toys with him, just like any real child would do. Looking up at the huge dragon, she realised he was probably not even listening to her as his eyes were taking in their surroundings. Following that example, Abraxas began surveying the massive crowd around the winter dragon for any oddities, but could not detect anything, until her eyes suddenly fell on a lonely girl clutching a worn teddy to her chest and keeping away from the others as much as possible. She seemed weird, to Abraxas, yet apparently there often was the odd one out in human societies, so maybe this girl was simply exactly that? But.. “Do you think that even in a perfect, magically created world, there would be one that did not fit in with all the rest?” The question was directed at Cleto, who kept repeating that he did not like this, and although she didn’t feel the need to agree to this out loud, it was very clear that she would be happy when they were out of there again, safe and unharmed. Uneasiness began spreading through her again, and she began to grow impatient: “Frost? How long is this going to take? We need to move on.” At least, she hoped he still remember that they were here to investigate the leader, and she also hoped that he knew how to find him, if the leader was not going to come find them.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:36 pm

At the very least, it was good to see that the children were still well. With the way Cleto was talking, Frost had begun to worry that the children would be in some kind of trouble, but he was glad that this did not turn out to be the case. In fact, it seemed the opposite was true, for the children were showing off their possessions with earnest, so much so that Frost could barely keep track of who had what (that's not even mentioning the individual names the girls gave to their dolls). But, luckily, soon the children began to lose interest in saying the same name over and over again and shoving toys in his face, so soon the throbbing crowd began to slow down, then stop as the children began to notice the two other dragons besides the familiar Frost. This brief respite allowed the winter dragon to answer Abraxas' question with surprise at the silence. "Ah, I think we're done now." He turned his head and scanned the village, racking his brain for where the chief of the village was. For a few moments, Frost honestly thought he had forgotten, and had bent down to ask on of the humans when, surprise, he remembered that the largest hovel with the most adornments was probably it. He took a step foreward and the children, not missing a beat, rushed ahead of him, all racing except the lone, shy girl in the back, eyes downcast and staring at the paths in the snow her foot made. Frost turned to stare at the girl then, smiling sympathetically, grabbed the back of her coat in his mouth and hefted her up and over onto his back, the girl wide-eyed and still all throughout the process.

With the girl safely mounted on his back, Frost began the relatively short walk to the chief's house, looking over is shoulder every few moments to check on the girl. She seemed to be loosening up, but she was still looking down and clutching her toy. Frost could almost see through the illusion and see the scared little girl inside, and this sent his mind racing. What could possibly give her such a disheartening personality, if she was n such a paradise? Perhaps there was something up with this village that he just wasn't noticing. His eyes trailed from the girl to Cleto, trying desperately to remember what their leader was like. He continued thinking about this, with little success, until they reached the chief's house, a short walk made impossibly longer by nervousness.

The building itself wasn't all that impressive, it was strikingly similar to all of the other building, which were simple wooden houses covered with reindeer pelts, but bigger with antler adornments over the door and on the corners of the ceilings. The children had made it long before the dragons did, and were now crowding in front of the building, while still leaving a dragon-sized path to the inadequately-sized door that only something human-sized could use. But Frost walked up to it anyways and stuck his head into the doorway, pushing aside the reindeer-skin blocker that covered the doorway. He stood like this for a moment, and then walked the rest of the way in, an impossibility made possible by incredibly strong magic. And once again the impossible was possible because though the building was small, Frost was able to fit inside with plenty of room to move around and get comfortable. And boy, was the inside a sight to see. The floor, walls and ceiling were made of solid stone, and the four torches in the corners lit the room in an impossibly thorough way. And, in the back, there was the chief, a calm, old man with tan skin and a warm smile. His face was covered in wrinkles, and his eyes were squinted so much that there were only two small slits showing his eyes. He was dressed in multiple layers of fur, and was sitting on a wooden throne padded with pelts, and standing on, big surprise, more pelts. He regarded Frost coolly, and Frost met his gaze for a moment until he remembered the girl on his back. He turned his head and plucked the girl off his back, then set her gently onto the ground in front of him. But now she looked different. Or, more precisely, normal. She looked like a child again, seven or eight years old at most, but still looking nervous and shy. Frost crooned over her, waiting for Cleto to make the first words: He was the one that wanted to talk to the man, so he could take the first line.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 1:00 am

Sniffing, Cleto followed Frost through the village, relying on the slightly smaller dragon's sense of navigation, which was probably a terrible mistake. As the three dragons proceeded through the village there was no endless amount of gawking done by the children-turned-adults. They followed in droves, running ahead and falling back to stare some more before dispersing again and repeating the pattern. It finally ended when they came to a great gathering of the little two-leggeds, all of them waiting anxiously outside one particular hut. To Cleto, it did not look anything special, just another shelter from the cold that was in constant effect on the barren ice flats of the north. But, obviously this was the place to be, for Frost somehow impossibly wiggled his bulk through the front door and disappeared into the hut.

At first, Cleto couldn't believe his eyes. It simply shouldn't have been physically possible! Frost was big enough of a dragon that he could have simply rolled over and crushed the flimsy structure, but somehow, some way, he had fit inside. His alertness skyrocketed, and again he wondered if this was really as great of an idea as he had first made it out to be. This leader of the tribe was obviously one powerful magician if he could erect the sort of barrier that he could while at the same time maintaining the massive illusion over the children. Added to that was this new phenomenon, and Cleto was then legitimately afraid of what sort of power this man could wield. He sent a fleeting wish to the sky that this magician would not be some sort of dragon slayer or something of an equal caliber that would spell certain doom and gloom for the three.

Sparing Abraxas a measured glance, he stuck his head through the door flap carefully, expecting his snout to ram straight into Frost's backside. Instead, he got a view of a much larger inside, and was bewildered at all the space that was afforded within the cavernous space. Being such a large dragon, he had never really been inside any human dwelling. For one, he couldn't fit through their tiny doors, and two, nobody wanted a bloody great dragon stomping in their front door and wrecking their tables and what-have-you. Another little shock was presented to them in the form of the girl that was on Frost's back. She had become little again, at which Cleto began to wonder just what sort of magic had really gone into this place. It appeared to be a safe haven of sorts, where the children could show who they really were under the magic. Settling himself against one of the walls, he examined the old man sitting upon his throne of pelts with a critical eye

For the most part, the wizard just looked like any other old two-legged human that Cleto had ever seen. Wrinkled, thin, with skin that looked a bit like old parchment. Looks could be deceiving though, the obvious evidence of this old proverb all around him. Despite his old age, the man was obviously and incredibly skilled magician and had the ability to cast very strong spells. Here in his domain, Cleto was aware that almost literally anything could happen. "Greetings." Cleto said in his low bass, settling down on the stone floor of the magically enlarged hut, his piercing blue eyes centered on the magician. "I am Cleto, a dragon that resides in these icy Northern wastes. I have heard recently that one of my companions today," here, he nodded to Frost "has been divulging secrets of a draconic nature to you and the children you stuart over." Glancing once to the little girl nestled between Frost's paws, watching the goings on with wide eyes. She probably didn't understand a single word that he was saying. "My intention then is to ask what will become of this knowledge. How do you intend to use it? And further more, to learn why you have taken this village of orphans under your wing. What is the gain here that you are seeking?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:06 pm

The horse dragon could not help herself but let out a small sigh at the sight of the winter dragon helping the sad girl onto his back in an attempt to cheer her up and to make her feel special. It was a really cute gesture. Nevertheless, it did not change the fact that she was very glad that the children did not get the idea into their heads to do the same to Cleto and herself as they had just done with Frost, circling them and shoving stuff into their muzzles. It would not have ended well. To her luck, they quickly began moving however and their quest to find the chief of this little weird place was resumed once more. The walk was a short one but for Abraxas it was very uncomfortable. There simply were too many humans around and the more she looked at them, the more she got the feeling they actually were very odd, not simply looking like children but like… dolls or.. puppets? Or maybe that was just her imagination running wild. Lost in thoughts, she had only barely noticed what Frost had been doing, trusting Cleto’s judgment and thus keeping close to him, though she honestly shoul have paid more attention instead of letting herself be shocked like this.

Abraxas stared, wide-eyed, unable to believe what she had just witnessed. The hut should not be standing anymore, or at least not the way it did with Frost marching inside it. And the last thing she had seen was the girl changing size. What… Huh?! The horse dragon was confused and growingly more scared. She seriously contemplated not going inside the hut now but when she saw the many children standing around, staring not only at the hut but also at her, she had the creepy feeling of definitely not belonging here, so she finally took a deep breath and followed the other two dragons through the door, closing her eyes as she stepped over the threshold as she was absolutely certain that the wooden structure would begin crumbling on top of her as soon as she tried to squish through the door opening. Or maybe she would step into a deep dark hole and fall forever?

But nothing in the likes happened. On the contrary, Abraxas felt like she had just stepped into an open plain with a lot of space to move around and when she finally dared opening her eyes, she saw that it was exactly that. There was space for even more dragons inside the hut which Frost and Cleto barely filled to a third now, despite their size. Letting her eyes glide over the room, she saw pelts everywhere she looked, on the floor, on the walls, on the man, under the chair, literally everywhere. Her eyes kept checking the room, passing over the man regularly without really noticing him until Cleto addressed him. Her ears pricked up at his words, and she looked slightly confused at his choice at times, but in this kind of situation it might be better not to let that curious man think that one might be stupid, and the frost dragon obviously made a very valid point with every word he stated. When she then finally really looked at the man, her mouth instantly fell open as she realised how similar he looked to someone she had heard about in stories and she simply could not refrain from bursting out: “Are you Santa?!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach   Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sleepy dragon, Hollow stomach
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next