Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Despite her inability to, a grin settled on Lena's face when she heard that he thought her just a measly look out. "You'd be of no use even if I just alerted you." She accepted this conversation as an agreement, knowing full well the confused look he was giving to her showed his disapproval for actual contact with the family. Lena wanted to know more about these people before she decided to take action.

She was about to say something more when she heard someone coming into the room. The soft knock announced Mai's presence as she introduced herself. "Yes, I am Lena. It, too, is nice to meet you while I am conscious." She shot a quick glare to Talos and the looked back to her. "Forgive my current state, I am usually much more lively." She smiled softly at Mai, more so then she had ever done since coming here. The small woman reminded Lena of herself many years ago.

While not really comfortable with not being able to stand with the woman, Lena could not deny that she always felt far more at ease with them. It was natural, of course given her past and strong willed nature. Men just always thought they were right and better then woman never giving a second thought to their strengths. That was usually her element of surprise when faced with a foe. Sometimes, their dumb witted nature played in her favor.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Even though Lena made a very valid point, that didn't put Talos at ease. In fact, it made him a bit more nervous for her. He really couldn't see the tiny little pale slip of a woman sitting on this makeshift cot defending anybody, though her talk was big. Mai saved them from continuing on this rapidly deteriorating conversation with her presence, and Talos was inwardly grateful for the interruption. He was then able to witness another transformation in Lena as she seemed to light up slightly with the presence of another woman near by. In that moment, he wanted to know about her. Why she was a wanderer like him, why she was so closed off in his presence, and why she seemed so determine to place herself in danger. All very good questions that might have to wait for now, unfortunately.

"Oh no no no!" Mai said with a small laugh, gesturing for Lena to stay put. "Don't even think of gettin' up! After ev'rythin' yeh been through, I wouldn't be gettin' up either!" She patted her brother on the shoulder in friendly sibling greeting, giving his large bruise a cursory glance before turning her attention back to Lena. "You just get rested up 'an let us take care of yeh, hear? Once yer back in tip top shape, ma'll put yeh ter work, don't yeh worry! She's always got stuff that needs doin' 'round the house. Yeh won't be bored, that's fer sure! But really, do try 'an rest up some. If this big dunder head," she pointed over her shoulder at Talos "keeps knockin' yeh around, we won't have any more bandages ter patch yeh up with. So be careful." Mai's tone grew serious, a sad smile crossing her face for a moment before disappearing as quickly as it came.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:37 pm

Lena caught the momentarily sadness that had flickered across her face, but had decided not to press it. "You'd have to be far more worried for him if he tried to go at me again." She said playfully, trying to lighten the mood.

The rest of the day went by uneventfully, Lena spoke to several of the siblings that passed through the house and gained a bit more confidence in her surroundings. The most amusing to her had to of been Aruthlur. His humor and light hearted nature relaxed her despite being surrounded by men.

~~~~

A couple of days had gone by after that with nothing special going on. The pace of the Estoen clan had begun to set back into its normal rhythm. Lena, at the point was tired of sitting in bed. She slowly got up and tested the strength of her muscles. To her pleasant surprise only stiffness and a dull ache remained. Raising her arms far above her head, she stretched for the first time in days.

As she tied her hair back into the usual high pony tail she made her way through the house looking for Talos' mother. She found the woman with little trouble and cleared her throat to announce her presence.

"Perhaps today I could be of use to you." She said confidently. "I can't thank you enough for what you have done for me." The kindness Talos' mother had shown her over the past week had been more then Lena could have ever asked for.

~~~~~

As per their now regular meeting time, Kol was chatting away with Mai in the same field they had meet in only a short time ago. He never really found the opportunity to bring up the injured woman Enitan had mentioned though he figured with her hanging around Mai would said something about it sooner or later.

Kol leaned back against the boulder that was behind him and sighed. While he was pleased to be with Mai, guilt had started eating at him. After the most recent raid Mai had been rather upset for several days with that his family had done. He didn't like this constant nagging at his conscious. It was going to give him gray hair and winkles. Dear god help him. He was far too good looking for that to happen just yet.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:07 am

"Ha! So she cun walk now!" Enita had tied her long hair up today, an apron tied about her tiny waist that fell past her knees, seeing as she was so short. "Well, it's good ter see ya up 'an about, dear. Fer a while, I was sure that me son woulda killd'ja. I told 'em not ter be so rash when he can't see, but does 'e listen to 'is mother? Noooo. 'E's all grown up and inderpendant now. Wanderin' off 'an forgettin' all 'bout his poor ma. Doesn't even write. Not that he knows how, but it's the thought that counts, yeah?" As if re-realizing that Lena was there, she stopped her string of mutterings, and smiled apologetically. "Sorry dear, when a woman spends 'er days worrin' 'bout 'er children, she gets a little cabin crazy. Don't mind it.

"Right! So yeh wanna help out? Well, I know that yer back can't be all healed up just yet, so I won't strain yeh too hard. But there's plenty of other stuff ter do that don't take much back work, trust me! Always wanted a second pair of hands now that both the girls are outta the house doin' jobs and whatnot..." She kicked a pile of clothes that were apparently in her way, the small pile not moving very much for the effort. "Well, first thing that I'll have yeh do is help me wash all this." She gestured to the entirety of the small room she stood in, which for it's size seemed to hold a surprising amount of clothing. It was mostly neutral in color, thinning or had holes, but they made up for in quantity what they lacked in quality, by the looks of things.

"That's the last of 'em." Talos mumbled, stretching as the bandages that had been covering his head were finally unwrapped. The bruise on his face was no longer entirely purple. Instead, his skin had begun turning sick shades of green and yellow around the edges. Is was not a delightful picture, but at least now he could make basic facial gestures without being in pain. He wound up the bandages, tossing them to his mother who looked up when she heard him coming. "Thanks ma. I'll be off this afternoon. Arthulur and the others are thinkin' of goin' up ter the mountains."

His mother heaved a sigh, tossing the bandages into the soapy water with a little more force than was probably necessary. "I 'sppose yer goin' up ter the mountains, right?" She grumbled, glaring at her second eldest son. "Ya'll are gonna come home smellin' like sulfur again, I just know it. I'll tell ya Lena, work as a mother just never ends..."

*~*~*~*

"...'an I jus don' understand why they've gotta keep doin' it." Mai finished her little mini-rant, one of many that the slight girl had treated Kol to after the latest attack that had been staged against her family. She had, of course, been kept out of the loop about the attack on the Serenoa household her older brothers were planning in making later that afternoon. Once, when she was younger, she had helped her older brothers stash the mountain sulfur in the Serenoa house. After that though, she had requested to never be part of such a raid again. In fact, she had even gone so far as to request to be left out of the whole raiding agenda, and usually only found out that one had happened after the fact when one of her brothers boasted about it.

It had dawned on her while placing a huge chunk of sulfur under somebody's bed that continuing the cycle was stupid, and would most likely result in another night of the Serenoa's coming to her house and waking them up in the dead of night again with those stupid dog whistles. Her prediction had come true, of course. But, no amount of hinting that it was an idiotic game had dulled the fire in her brother's blood. Especially Talos, who seemed to have taken a rather strong stance against the Serenoa family, like it was a personal grudge for him.

Mai heaved an exasperated sigh, folding her arms over her chest and staring at the sky. "But you dun wanna listen to me complain, right? Let's talk about somethin' a little less frustratin'."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:24 am

Lena couldn't help but like Enita. She listened to her rant with a smile on her face and couldn't even begin to imagine having to raise ten children. Talos alone must have been enough of a handful. As she gave her instructions on what needed to be done she looked around the small room. It was rather plain and held a fair amount of clothing. In no doubt they were needed to clothe all of them or to patch what fell apart.

As Talos had entered the room and spoke of going to the mountains, an interest sparked in Lena. She looked first to Enita. "Do you think it possible that I may accompany them for this trip?" Only after she asked his mother did she look back to him. She knew he would tell her that either she wasn't healed enough or it wasn't a womans place. One of those options would get the other side of his head bashed in. "I've been curious about that lot of kids since their last visit here." She added.

~~~~
Kol smiled as Mai had finished yet another rant. It wasn't her ranting that bothered him, it was the subject. His conscious giving him reminders that he was part of her frustrations and anger and yet she had no idea. Though, if she found out, he would probably never see her again. It would eventually happen one day and Kol couldn't see it ending well.

After she finished he gave her a smile. "You are rather cute when you are mad so I can't say I mind my lady." His cheesy lines had lessened slightly since they had met but he couldn't help but add a beautiful or some other sort of compliment.

"Mai, what would you do if confronted by one of them?" He gave her a sideways glance to gage her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:00 am

Enita stared at Lena for a long moment, then glared at Talos as he was about to open his mouth and speak, probably to reject the idea if the look on his face was anything to judge by. "Don't say it boy! Any girl that cun leave a bruise on yer face like the one ye've got now cun 'an prolly will do it again!"

A weak smile came to Talos' face. "How do ya always know what I'mma 'bout ter say?"

"I'm yer mother, Talos. I've known you all yer life! It's a sad day when a momma dunnit know 'er children." She grabbed a shirt that was unfolded, folded it, and then replaced it on the pile. "Besides... yer predictable. Yeh were always like that with the other girls when they wanted ter go 'an drop them stinkin' rocks with yeh. You 'an Arthulur both! Yeh take good care of yer sisters, I can't complain, but sometimes I get ter figuin' that yeh take too good care of 'em. Girls with wings gotta fly, 'an they can't be doin' that if yeh keep tellin' 'em no."

Apparently, they had had this conversation before, because Talos didn't even bother replying, only sighed and ruffled his hair with his hand in an exasperated way. "Yeah yeah ma, I get it. Gotta let the fledgelin's leave the nest or whatever, right? Fine. Come with me Lena. We'll go meet up with everyone else 'an take yeh to the mountain where we get the sulfur rocks."

*~*~*~*

Mai looked at him over her shoulder, a look of confusion on her face. "If I met one of 'em?" She echoed, tapping her forearm with her fingers. "I dunno. I 'sppose that if they had one of those damn whistles, I'd make 'em eat it fer all the times I've been woken up in the middle of the night by those things." Imagining little Mai doing anything at all violent was a stretch of the imagination, and apparently she knew it, for she shot Kol a shy little smile, shrugging as she did so. "But really? If I saw one of them Serenoa kids... Well, I'd have ter recognize 'em first, I 'sppose. Talos is the only one of us that's actually seen one of 'em, got a good look at his face 'an stuff. But if one of 'em walked 'an says 'Hi, I'm one of them guys that's been wakin' yeh up in the middle of the night fer the past twenty years, how do yeh do?', I'd prolly ask 'im 'ow funny it was when 'e woke up the next day with 'is house smellin' like rotten eggs, 'an how he liked that? Mostly, I'd just wonder if they ever thought about all this." She gestured vaguely toward Turich, a small sigh escaping her. "I'd wonder if they ever thought 'bout stoppin' all this nonsense. Breakin' the chain, yanno? My pa used ter tell me the story of why we're livin' in the village, 'an not up in the mountains where our family used ter live. He said that, when the Serenoa's kicked us outta our ancestral home, they put a curse on us that gave us bad luck with money, 'an that's why we're dirt poor. Sounds like a kid's tale, but what if it's true? What if they could take back our bad luck? I dunno... it all seems too much."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:36 am

Lena watched the two with amusement painted all over her face. At least one female in this family could stand up to Talos. Though, he did seem like the mama-boy type. She snickered under her breath even more as the thought had come to her. Once Talos had finally given in and invited her two words struck her. Sulfur rocks?

Confused, Lena walked besides him. “Why on Earth are you picking up sulfur rocks? Those things smell terrible…” She could seem them picking up normal rocks to toss at the annoying children…but why go through the trouble and pain themselves with those stinking rocks?

~~~
Kol, in fact had never thought about stopping the cycle before. Talos had been his hated enemy for a long, long time. While the original roots of the hatred where now buried in the sands of time, there were new reasons that just fueled the fire that drove him.

“That sounds like a lot.” He sympathized with her. How could he have known such a beautiful thing was in that heap of a hick home? He shook his head, as if to shake away his nagging conscious. What could he possibly say to her now? Annoyed at his bothersome thoughts.

Kol rubbed a hand on his leg. For a moment he looked as if he had been struck. How could he forget? Kol looked to Mai and gently took her hand as he pulled something from his pocket. He had hoped to do it another time, but he was unsure how much longer he had with her before she found out.

“For you, my lady.” He said simply as he slipped something on her wrist. As he pulled back from his customary kiss to the hand Mai could see that it was a bracelet. The body of it was a silver dragon and the claps were made from a dragonhead with the lope in its mouth. “It’s been said this trinket glows softly while in the presence of a Dragon. I’ve no yet had to the time to investigate for myself…but I may not always be around if that fire breathing lizard comes back.” He winked before continuing, “Do not think to deny me the pleasure of you enjoying this…unless you truly do not wish for it.” A grin came to his face. He had thought long what to give this girl. There were many things she lived without so he thought something with meaning would be best.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:04 am

Talos waited until they were outside the house on the street before he answered Lena's question, keeping a sharp eye out for his siblings. "Well, you know how we're blind at night already, and I told yeh that we hear better'n normal. Well, the Serenoa've got an Achilles heel too. Fer whatever reason, they've got a super sense of smell. We use the sulfur 'cuz there's pretty much a never-ending supply of it in the mountains, 'an it's free. Plus, the stench sticks fer days, or weeks if yeh get a good rock and hide it real well. Drives 'em crazy." He grinned, waving as one of his younger brothers came into view, quickly followed by Arthulur and another boy who could only have been around 14 years old.

"Oh, what'ave we here?" Arthulur asked, looking Lena over. "Recruitin' yer lover fer the journey, eh?"

This comment was met with some small tossed object that hit the older Estoen man in the head and a deadly glower from Talos. "She wanted to come, so she's gonna come, 'aight?" There seemed to be no disagreement on this point, and though Arthulur said nothing more, he wisely kept his peace and remained silent. "Right, so, Lena, we're gonna go up to the mountains 'an grab the rocks. We'll have Arthulur keep 'an eye out fer us to make sure that none of them Serenoa's sneak up on us from behind, 'an hide the rocks around their house. They've got a huge chimney that yeh can shimmy down ter get in, 'an from there you just do yer best."

"If yeh have any questions, we'll answer 'em while we fly." Arthulur added, grinning in his fool-hearty way that he did. "But fer now, we gotta go."

*~*~*~*

For a moment, Mai was struck dumb, simply staring at the intricate bracelet with dumbfounded fascination. The only thing of any value she'd ever had was the silver ring on her finger, an heirloom of her deceased grandmother. It probably wasn't even worth all that much, most of its value lying in sentiment. But this...

She was so awestruck that she didn't even bother to nervously scratch at her hand where Kol had kissed it as she normally did, instead touching the bracelet with unsure fingers, as if she were afraid that disturbing ti would break it. She turned the trinket around on her tiny wrist, marveling at the detail that went into it. That's when it struck her. "I can't have this!" She said, her voice almost pleading as she looked up to Kol. "I'm tryin' ter repay yeh fer all the kindness yeh done me. Savin' meh life, takin' me to these beautiful places in the mountains, 'an listening to me gripe 'bout meh life the whole time... I can't!" For all her protests, however, she did not take the bracelet off, her fingers skimming the smooth surface almost unconsciously. "How am I ever gonna repay yeh fer this one? Yeh keep sayin' that my company's enough but... I don't feel like it's enough."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Lena grinned at Arthulur's comment. She could never be this little mans lover, but the expression that settled on the avians face was well worth going along with the joking. She listened to his instructions and nodded. Her primary feathers hadn't fully grown back but she was able to fly.

The flight there was relatively quick, while Lena kept to her own thoughts. She was snapped from her thoughts as a putrid wave of noxious smells overwhelmed her olfactory senses. She chocked back her surprise and glared angrily at Talos. "Why on Earth would you put up being near these things?!" If it were up to her, she could have just busted in their damn door down and gave them a few good bumps on their heads. Perhaps that would get the message through.

Covering her nose, she looked down to see the yellow-ish rocks up against the base of the mountain. Lena tilted slightly and angled herself for the descent.

~~~

Kol watched Mai's expression go from dumbstruck to almost fear. A smile touched his lips as he listened to her. He was pleased that she liked it. "Mai...You don't understand...Your smile is a gift in and of itself..." He whispered softly as he ran a hand through her soft hand. He looked at her, his eyes locked with her own as he slowly inched forward. He stopped, hovering just inches from her face and then pressed his lips against her. Gentle. Soft. All he could do was wait for her reaction...
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:41 am

Talos and the younger boys that had come with on the rock pick-up had drawn their shirts over their faces, covering their noses but not their eyes. They landed just outside the ring of vibrant yellow that disrupted the brown and red of the mountainside, walking toward it with cautious steps, flapping their wings to get over larger boulders if they needed.

"Because it hurt's 'em the worst." Talos replied, shrugging as he bent down to pick up one of the larger chunks of yellow rock, tossing it from hand to hand since it was a bit hot. "I'm the only one in my family that know how'te fight better'n a common street punk. I'm also the only one that got weapons, picked up on the road 'an whatnot. But them-" he nodded his head toward the mountain, in what could be assumed was the general direction of the Serenoa compound. "-they got weapons, 'an money, which mean that they know how ter use 'em. If we jus' went in there lookin' fer a fight, we'd be asking for an ass kickin', put quite plainly." He looked up, saw that the others had smelly rocks of their own, and prepared to take off again. "We're ready."

*~*~*~*

She went tense, her mind racing as she stared into Kol's bright green eyes, her heart hammering against the ribs of her chest, the sound of her blood rushing through her veins loud in her ears. She was sure that he could hear it, he had to, but he came closer. She felt his breath of her face, and then the warm press of his lips.

For a second, Mai's eyes fluttered closed, her posture softened, and she was lost. Another breath, and all in a whirl she remembered where she was and realized what was happening. In a flurry of limbs and feathers and wings she stood, pulling back from Kol like she had been electrocuted by his touch. Trembling with her fingers to her lips and face red as a tomato, she stared at Kol from a few feet away, her eyes huge with surprise.

"You- I- Just, that-" Apparently, the kiss had fried her ability to string words together to make a coherent sentence. She pointed at him when her words failed, her arm wavering in the empty space between them. "Why?"
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 12:59 am

Lena frowned, listening to him but didn't say anything. She picked out a rock that wasn't terribly large and nodded. "I am ready to go." She covered her nose with the other hand as she took back to the skies, waiting for Talos and his siblings to rejoin her.

As they got a bit further along, Lena saw a clearing in the trees. A rather large clearing at that. She followed Talos' lead when they landed just outside of the clearing. At this point she could see the house. The thing was huge! The walkway was made of a beautiful stone that led to the lavish house. It was nestled against the woods perfectly, almost like a castle.

She leaned in and whispered to Talos, "This is the biggest house I've ever seen..." And she had been to so many places so this was really saying something.

~~~

Kol had rejection before, had even found it amusing several times when a good slap came in contact with his face. But this. This surprised him how much it hurt. He felt a knot in his chest that made it hard to breath. He looked up at her and nearly regretted it. She looked shocked, perhaps even horrified even under the dark crimson stain of her blush.

Kol kept his head down, his blond hair falling into his face. "I-..." He couldn't explain himself. He just over stepped his boundaries and didn't want to say Oh, by the way I'm yours families most hated rival-the leader actually- and I really like you...so I didn't it because I didn't want to lose you. Kol had never really felt the sting of rejection before, but he now decided that he really hated it.

Anger, from himself, welled up within him. If he had just waited. Kol stood and faced away from her. He sighed to steady himself from the unknown emotions. "I'm sorry." He said as he started away. She was probably better off with him anyway. Though, he wouldn't have minded the look on that stupid hicks face when he caught him with Mai.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:43 am

Talos grinned, though it looked like a pained expression. "Yeah, they're the richest family fer miles around. The halls 're made of marble, 'an all their cutlery is plated in gold or silver." He looked over to where Arthulur hovered, and pointed over the house. "Keep 'an eye out fer 'em. We don't wanna be surprised by anyone comin' home."

"Aye aye lil bro. I'll make sure ya'll get plenty o warnin' iffin one of 'em starts comin' back 'ome." The older sibling saluted, then flapped hard, aiming to take a higher place in the sky so that he could watch more ground.

"Aight, lets get goin' then. Lena, stick close." He signaled to the others, and they were off, following after Talos on nearly silent wings as they descended on the sprawling house nestled in the mountains, aiming for a huge hole in the roof that was their chimney. Talos landed unsteadily on the rim of the structure, then dove in feet first. "It's clear!" He called from the bottom of the black pit. His other brothers dropped in the same way, the sound of scuffling shoes on stones indicating that they had moved aside for the next person to drop down.

"Good thing they sweep their chimney, eh?" One of the younger brothers asked, grinning from ear to ear. For their passage, no soot seemed to have come with them out of the chimney.

*~*~*~*

To say that she was surprised by the sudden turn of events was leaving much to be desired. She could still feel his lips, and it was a feeling she wasn't entirely comfortable with, her stomach turning as she stood there, staring at his back, her face red as ever. Was... it normal? Sure, they had spent some time together, and she had talked with him plenty, a few weeks going by where she had spent nearly every free moment with the man. He was an odd bird, that couldn't be denied, but doing something like this... could she honestly not have expected it?

"Wait!" Without thinking, she found herself moving, not away from him like common sense would have demanded, but toward the danger. Her thin fingers reached out and grasped his sleeve, her eyes boring into Kol. "T-that wannit 'an answer! Give it ter me straight Kol."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Lena's eyes grew with shock. How could any one family have that much money?! They lived in solitude and probably didn't have to work. Stupid inheritance families. Just as her jealously spilled over into her features, Talos gave out the instructions for her to stay close to him. Despite the bossy edge to his voice she complied, not wanting to really get in the way of their 'raid'. Lena unfolded her wings and pumped them hard, but with the ease of several years of flying as she took off.

Looking down the dark chimney, she started to have second thoughts. How could rich people just leave this so open when this has obviously happened before? Her fear was eased slightly as Talos relayed that it was clear. She supposed these were over confident rich people. She couldn't help that faint smile that hovered on her lips as one of the youngest boys had a huge grin on his face. "Yes, I doubt it would be much fun getting full of soot." She commented with a hint of sarcasm.

Lena let the rest of the boys go before she jumped down into the seemingly endless black hole that was the chimney. As she landed gracefully, Lena took a cautious look around. None of the boys were there. Most likely they were all off to hide their rocks. Taking a few, slow steps into the room she slipped into the nearest hallway. Above her was a high arching ceiling and even her soft leather boots clicked softly against the marble flooring.

"How can anyone afford this...?" She questioned as a beautiful dark painting caught her eye. She stood in awe of its beauty and wasted several precious seconds of being in the open. She hasn't realized it until the pitter patter of feet caught her attention. As she spun to run in the opposite direction she was face to face with a rather small child. He had enormous blue eyes that were laced with pain. He looked confused and hurt as he choked back a gag. What was wrong with him?

As Lena stepped forward the boy produced a stifled cry and fell back, trying to get away from her. His face was now soaked with tears as he continued to cough. Only then did it dawn on her. The rocks. "This?" She asked holding up the rock, as the boy stared at it in horror she had guessed she was right. The look on his face was killing her, her heart contracted painfully as she backed away from him. "I'm sorry..." Guilt washed over her. How could they do this to each other? How could they continue to bring this upon even the children in the family?! Her guilt was soon replaced with sheer uncontrollable and wild rage. This entire war was stupid and she had seen enough to get out. "Enough!" She yelled as she made her way back to the chimney with purposeful steps. As she reached the base, she wasted no time flying through the chimney and out into the sky.

~~~~

Kol refused to meet her gaze. His eyes held a whirlwind of emotions. To say he wasn't used to rejection of fear of losing someone was an understatement. How was he supposed to answer her? If not with the truth of facts then the truth of his feelings. It was the only thing he could tell her. "Mai..." He stood facing her, as he ran a hand through his hair leaving it disheveled. " I care for you...A lot.." He paused, letting his eyes trying to convey what he wasn't used to saying. Kol felt so...lost at what to do. "I'm sorry if I over stepped a boundary, I am, but...I can not apologize for how I feel about you. You bring such light into my life...and just to see your smile brings me joy beyond comprehension."

Kol sighed, frustrated and unsure he could get her to understand. "If I have wronged you so much that I could not be forgiven, I understand....but if you have any doubt that I did not...please...do not leave me.." A hint of pleading hung on his voice, a desperation that left him raw and confused. He was much more comfortable with the loose ideologies that he normally reserved for woman.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 pm

Talos had just finished stuffing one of the foul smelling rocks underneath the mattress of someone’s bed. It looked like a boy’s room, adorned as it was with some old very worn-looking wooden swords and even a couple of training ones made of metal. Patting his hands, he left the room to go back to the chimney where he would meet with his brothers once they were done placing their rocks around the house as well. As soon as he entered the hallway, he heard someone yell, and for a heart racing second, though that they had been discovered. Just as he was about to call his brothers and order them out of the house, Lena came stomping past him, looking furious.

Confused, he followed her and watched as she simply launched herself up the chimney and disappeared. Worried, he took a moment to call to his brothers and tell them that something had gone wrong before following after Lena, trusting the boys behind him to take care of themselves. When he managed to get himself out of the chimney (it was a bit harder for him, being much taller with a wider wingspan than either Lena or his brothers), he found that Lena was already winging her way away from the house, making quick progress that he attributed to her earlier rage.

Stifling a curse, he launched off the roof after her, flapping hard to catch up with the huge lead she already had. When Talos did catch up with her, he could hardly restrain the annoyance plain on his face. “Yanno Lena, I still dun’t understand why ye’ve got this fool notion that ya gotta run away every time I turn my back on ye.”

*~*~*~*

For some strange reason, Mai felt a pang of sympathy for Kol when he turned his pained eyes on her, as if she had somehow struck him a mortal wound in his heart. The sensation added to the flock of butterflies in her stomach, and she decided that if she couldn’t return some of that smugness back to his face, she was going to be sick.

“It’s ain’t a matter of fergivness, Kol.” Mai replied softly, offering him a small smile. “Yeh just surprised me, is all. I… well, I ain’t never been kissed before, an well-“ She cut herself off abruptly, the vicious blush returning briefly to her face. “W-well I won’t leave yeh, not if I’m that important ter ya. Jus’… be careful with me, alrigh’? Yeh might have been with a buncha other girls, but I ain’t like that, ya hear?”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:49 am

Lena flew as fast as she could away from the house, not a thought went through her head other than to leave...until Talos showed up. He looked annoyed, oh hell no, he doesn't get to be mad. "I'm not your property to watch over!" She screamed back at him, spinning to face him. "I've seen enough of this stupid ass 'war' that it makes me sick!" She seethed with anger that practically poured out of her. Her eyes held a look of hurt and anger. Lena never had thought those stupid rocks would hurt anyone, let alone a child and she took part of it.

"How could you involve children in this stupid thing?! Ugh! Just, go away Talos." She hurled the rock at his face and continued her way to the small house quickly. Stupid stupid stupid stupid men! Not even men, children! Once Lena spotted the small home, her wings snapped in and she made a fast decent, only to snap her wings back open in the very last second to let her do a running land straight into the house.

As fast as she could, Lena grabbed her bow and arrows, clothing and other belongings. She stopped only to look at Talos' mother. She owed this woman for all her care. She took out all the coins she had stuffed in her bag and put them on the table. "Thank you..." She mumbled before going back outside. No doubt to face his annoying face once more. Oooh, how she wanted to hit him with that piece of wood again.

~~~~

Kol's relief was great, greater than he imaged once Mai had spoken. He had thought for sure he had pushed her too far and couldn't get her back. He looked down and released a breath he didn't even know he was holding. "Thank you Mai..." He let himself laugh gently as if to ease himself. "You are the first lady to ever see me beg. I do hope to keep it that way, I have a reputation to keep you know.." He teased her gently, hoping to repair the day at least a little.

Kol looked down at the bracelet he had given her. The one thing his mother actually left behind before- He cut his thoughts short to prevent the terrible memories from flooding him. He was just happy that Mai was still going to be with him for now.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:01 am

"Stupid thing..?" Talos echoed, bewildered by her off-the-wall statement. He just barely dodged the rock she lobbed at him, the stinky mineral zooming past his head at an alarming speed. For a moment, he simply watched as she sped away, confused and unsure what to make of the situation. Then he decided that whatever she was up to couldn't have been good... she had this terrible habit of getting into trouble right after running away, after all.

He made a b-line for his house, following after Lena with all possible speed and landed in the street just outside his house just as Lena re-emerged, stomping out the door with that same enraged look on her face that she had previously directed at him, and was doing so once more. He noted with keen interest that she had all of her things, and looked like she was about to fly off. "Yer runnin' away so soon?" He asked, sounding far more bitter than he had meant to, and stood resolutely in front of her, arms folded and jaw squared. He wanted to know what was eating her, and why she figured that now was the time to go.

*~*~*~*

Mai smiled widely at his words, grateful that he wasn't giving her that sad apathetic look anymore. Her heart hurt less now that the pain on his face was gone, but her stomach did no cease to flutter, and she had to strongly resist the urge to place her fingers to her lips once more, the feel of him still lingering. "I'll try 'an not ter spread the word that underneath all yer charm, yer jus' a big softy." Winking in an overly exaggerated manner, she clasped her hands behind her back. "But no promises, eh? If one of yer past girlfriends comes knockin' at my door, I might be tempted to let 'em know that yer not all yer cracked up ter be." She couldn't help but giggle at that statement, letting her gaze wander to the sky. "And Kol?" Her voice was softer now. "I'm serious. Don't try 'an pull nothin' funny with me. If I- well, t-take it easy." She was blushing again, unable to help the flush of color that stained her face briefly at the thought of allowing him to kiss her again.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:26 am

Lena almost growled at the sight of him. She was way past her boiling point and this was only going to push her further over the edge of control. "Running, leaving, what ever want to call it, I am out of here." The look on his face made her want to slap it off, what right did he have to be angry?

"Just stop pretending to be Mr. Macho, little man, and get out of my way before I rejoin that plank of wood and your head." She threatened, trying to walk around him. She was in no mood to deal with his chauvinistic, male haughtiness at the moment.

~~~

Kol laughed once more at her statements. "I would very much not like to see them, let alone see them at your door. "Big Softy" Just won't be good for me." He grinned at her as she continued. He bowed deeply and then took her hand in his own, this time not bringing it to is lips. "Mai...I would never wish to do something you are unready for again. I only I am to simply hold your hand like this forever, I will be contented." He smiled at her, and reluctantly released her hand.

(( >.< Sorry, I know its short.))
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:02 am

Again, Talos moved to stand between Lena and her escape, going so far as to extend his massive wings to further block her escape route. "Macho? Little man? I dunno 'bout you, but from where I'm standin' you're not lookin like one ter be callin' me "little". 'An what sorta fire ant is eatin yer pants? You were all happy to stick around 'an be helpful, so why've you suddenly changed yer mind? Got a good look at what sorta people that live up the mountain', an decided us poor folk aren't good 'nough fer you?" He seemed to be really angered by that statement, as if she were the one who had posed it instead, which was completely illogical. But he was on a roll, despite the threat of making friends with a wooden plank, and by extent, the ground. "I s'ppose that yer gonna go up there 'an off yerself up for the dogs, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:14 am

Lena's fingers twitched in anger as he extended his wings to shield her in. How badly she wanted that wood right now. Lena looked almost shocked when he threw his questions at her. How could he ever think she thought that?! Without saying a word, Lena brought her bow up and smacked him in the head, hard. "How stupid can you be?! How low do you think of me?! I am angry, you idiot over what I just witnessed in that house! I made a child, a child, cry in pain. How can it not bother you to even think of stopping this madness?! You are just so wrapped up in your little world of revenge you don't even think about what you are doing. I want no part of this, Talos, so move." She brought her bow back up in a swinging position, ready to strike him again if he didn't comply.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:40 am

The blow to the head was unexpected, but not nearly as unexpected for the reason that she supplied as to why she was so angry. Talos rubbed his cheek and spit blood, making a disgusted face at the coppery taste in his mouth. He had bitten his cheek when Lena stuck him, it seemed. "What, you actually saw one of the little brats?" He shot a deadly glare at Lena, rubbing his face where he had been struck, a bruise already beginning to form. "I s'ppose that yeh think they'll grow up ter be peachy keen, eh? That they won't buck with with that damn Kol and come knockin' down our doors at night? They start comin' as soon as they learn how ter fly." He didn't make a move to block her way any more, for he wasn't keen to be hit again, but he did look like he would chase after her if she ran. "But if we lay down, 'an don't do anythin' back to em, then it's a sure thing that we won't be wakin' up in the middle 'o the night in pain only once ev'ry couple o months. Their memory only lasts as long as the stink does. If there's no stink ter remind 'em that we're not cowardly dogs that won't stand up fer ourselves, they'll be here ev'ry nigh', 'an we won't be gettin' a wink o sleep."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:50 am

"You selfish pig of a boy! Get the hell out of my way now!" She was in full rage now, and swung her bow over and over until she could drive him back some. Waving and whacking at his head, chest, arms and wings, Lena continued until he had finally stepped back enough to give her a small opening and she waisted no time bolting from under him and into the sky. Screw him! He was lucky that she didn't put an arrow in him. How can one man be so frustrating? While she wanted to look back and yell some more insults at him, she knew she couldn't look back or he would catch her in an instant. She pumped her wings as if her life depended on it. Well, maybe not hers, but certainly Talos'. Never had she wanted to strangle someone so badly.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:01 am

Talos was a little more ready to be struck at this time and raised his arms to defend himself from her bow, managing to block a few of the strikes, but had to retreat from her furious onslaught, or risk more bruising. He cursed mightily when she took off, and watched her fly away for a few seconds before cursing again and running inside the house. His mother stood near the door, looking concerned and twisting her hands nervously as she watched her second eldest dart in the door, grab his bow, arrows and dirk, and run back out again. "I dunno when I'll be back ma. Tell the others I love 'em an'll see 'em soon!" He yelled over his shoulder, launching into the sky almost as soon as his wings would clear the door frame.

If the Estoen's weren't gifted with such incredible eyesight, Talos would have lost Lena and probably been unable to find her ever again. As it was, however, he could make out the white of her wings against the green of the forest, her quickly retreating form almost like a bright beacon against the uniform foliage beneath her. Cursing once more, this time at her speed, Talos took off after her, glancing down occasionally only to get his dirk and quiver strapped into place, but otherwise kept his gaze steady on Lena, matching her fast pace, though at a respectful distance. He didn't care if she noticed him, but he certainly didn't want to be within bow-shot.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:16 am

Lena looked over her shoulder and had to squint in order to see Talos' form. She groaned, he was like a stalker that never quit. She was pleased, however, at how far back he stayed. Perhaps he did have some brains. Only a little, though.

Keeping at her grueling pace until sunset, Lena had finally decided to land in a small clearing. This was the first time in ages she had flown so long, so fast and with her recent injury just healed her back was sore. As soon as she landed, she knew he wouldn't be far behind. He had all day to think on his stupid actions and she hoped it did him some good. Either way, she scouted out the area and then sat against a tree, not really relaxing just yet. She didn't want to just go to sleep for him to drag her back there. Oooh no, she wouldn't go down without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 5:37 am

He was relieved beyond belief when Lena finally began to slow down, landing as the sun began it's final trek across the sky, descending toward the horizon and heralding the beginning of the dreaded sightless period known as night. Talos landed a few minuets after Lena did, still keeping his distance from the angry woman. He didn't have a temper anymore, the flight having proven to be long enough that he forgot the importance of the argument, though the throbbing in his cheek was still a painful reminder that all was not yet well. Instead, he had begun to concentrate on where they were going, making mental note of landmarks and the general direction that they had been traveling in, a far sight more menial and simplistic task that didn't require the use of his emotions.

With a cooler head, he approached Lena carefully, keeping an eye on her bow in case she was still irritated enough to try shooting him. "Look, Lena, I'm sorry fer snappin' at yeh an accusin' ya of sellin' yerself. I figure that if ya were really that kinda girl, you wouldn't have ended up at my house in the first place." His stance was open, showing her his empty palms in a gesture that he really meant no harm. "And I know ya ain't fully healed yet, so I jus' wanna tag along fer a while until yer better. It'd settle my conscious."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:26 pm

Lena rested her head against the back of the tree and remained as such until she saw Talos approaching her. Just as she was about to grab her bow, she noticed his calm demeanor. Perhaps the flight did him some good, as she so thought it would. She simply nodded at his apology and said with a soft sigh. "Do as you must then, Talos." She sounded weary as she released her bow. At least he wasn't trying to force her back to his home.

"At least I know if you try to drag me back to that house, you won't be able to do so at night." She didn't really sound angry anymore, as she spoke it was more of a confirmation to herself than to him. Lena looked as the last sliver of sun fell behind the horizon and darkness was quickly upon them. She had no idea how long he might follow her she had a general direction of where she was going and it wasn't friendly. At least he knew how to hold his ground in a fight...during the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~   Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~ - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aero and Tajy ~Birds of a Feather~
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next