Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

"Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:14 am

Lena stopped dead in her tracks when Atleon told her who they were meeting. "You except a bunch of elaet people to accept a nobody?" She hissed to herself really, because well they were already this far and Atleon showed no signs of stopping. She followed him past the guards and into the room and she literally felt her stomach drop to the floor. Oh god, these people were dragon riders. It hit her that very second she was among people she thought she'd never meet. "Atleon..." She groaned, fully realizing what she was getting into.

And then it happened, there was a voice in her head. Lena stood perfectly still as the color drained from her face. The voice sounded harmless enough, but you always hear things about soothing voices in your head before they kill you.

In attempted to calm herself, she decided to at least talk to the thing before they decided to kill her. Lean knew full well that the overly wound elf woman was on stand-by ready to cut open her throat if she even sneezed the wrong way. "I am a humble traveler, is all, good dragon. I've not heard anything about a quest." Lena shot Atleon a glare, but continued, "Though, I would have no objections to assist if I am able to contribute." Lena couldn't believe how elegant she was sounding, even in her own mind. She was usually quick mouthed, and brash...but she supposed speaking to a dragon might straighten one out a bit. She smirked at her own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 pm

When Atleon ventured a look in Lena’s direction, he could see that the poor avian was feeling a tad uncomfortable and that most of the colour had drained out of her face. He was sure he was going to have to pay for surprising her like this at a later stage but for now he was fairly certain that it had been the best course of action to throw her into the cold water without further warning. At her glare, he could not help but shoot her a quick grin, but immediately contained himself again and resumed a serious expression.

Since Lena did not speak out loud, he was fairly certain she replied to the dragon in her mind, which was fairly cautious, but he liked it. He could hear the dragon chuckle in his mind as she listened to Lena’s words.

“You are very kind, avian. We gladly accept any help that can be offered to us and your skills with a bow would certainly come in useful,” the dragon replied, not letting the girl out of her sight. “It seems as if Atleon has not told you much about us, which will hopefully appease those that are unhappy about having a stranger amongst us, but do not mind those, for those are the ones that do not appreciate a helping hand.” Atleon knew that this was directed at Gaelina and several others but he also knew that this had been a warning to him not to overstep his boundaries.

“Your messenger has not been very clear, however. What exactly is it that you need of me? And of Lena, if she is willing to join in,” Atleon inquired. It was again the dragon who answered his question: “Our friends the trolls have asked for our help in defeating an invading goblin army. They have been ransacking and pillaging every town on their way through the troll territory. They have yet to find out the purpose of this but have asked for reinforcements so they can at least properly defend their people.”

Atleon blinked. It was a weird kind of request, even from a troll, yet if the goblin army was invading their territory and slaughtering people along the way, there was something in the bushes. So, he nodded. “I will lend you my sword where needed.” Just don’t ask me to get on a dragon, he added in his mind. The dragon slowly nodded in acknowledgment of his statement and looked back to Lena.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Gaelina snorted indelicately when the dragons words were directed towards her indirectly. She had good reason not to trust this woman. She didn't exactly seem like the money grubbing type, her clothing being worn and had several patches or holes...but a spy is always plausible. It didn't matter what the dragons said, she had been given no reason to trust Lena and wouldn't.

Lena nodded as the Dragon accepted her unusually kind words and she sighed in relief. She did take notice though that Gaelina was still keeping a harsh eye on her and she shrugged it off. It was more that obvious that even if Lena proved she had nothing to hide that the elf woman would always distrust her. So why try?

At the mention of the war Lena knotted her brow in confusion. Never before had she heard of goblins and trolls at war with one another. Perhaps their territories were getting to close? Or the goblins wanted something? Who knows, she thought to herself. She looked up to see Atleon waiting for her response if she were to join.

"I too will assist." Lena said, making her way back to Atleon's side. The guy seemed dependable enough to cover her in battle if the need should arise and there was no doubt he was an seasoned fighter. A traveling companion didn't seem like too bad of an idea either.

Gaelina scowled in disapproval but did not say anything, knowing one of the dragons would chastise her for not accepting aid where it could be necessary. She didn't want Lena's help and she certainly didn't want to be around Atleon. One of the most intolerable men in the world. Gaelina crossed her arms over her chest, and awaited to see what the dragons would say.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:00 pm

Atleon could not help but be pleased about the fact that Lena was going to join him on this quest. The avian woman seemed somewhat interesting and he was sure that fighting alongside her would turn out to be quite the adventure. As she reappeared at his side, he gave her a small smile, slightly inclining his head in her direction to show his appreciation for her choice. He was very conscious of the fact that he had almost coerced her into accepting this but on the other hand, she could have left or declined at any given moment, which she had not.

After a few more niceties and explanations as to where they had to go, though they already knew where the troll territory was based anyway, the prince and the avian were dismissed. Gaelina gave them a furious glare as they walked passed and she almost wanted to follow them but was called back by one of the riders to receive her own instructions.

Taking a deep breath once they were outside the Hall of Skies, Atleon let it out in relief. So far, it had gone well and nobody had asked him to get onto a dragon. “I truly am sorry,” he suddenly dared say, giving Lena a sideways glance. “I did not mean to put you up for a war, I did not know it was going to be something this large. I hope you know you did not have to accept, and you can still back out of this without anyone holding it against you, less of all me.” He meant what he said and hoped that she would believe him. Though he could imagine that she had quite a few words to tell him, but maybe she was not the kind that would vent and tell him off for putting her through this situation?
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:49 am

Lena looked at Atleon once they were finally allowed to leave the large room and she too gave a sigh of relief. She didn't feel...right being in that room, like she wasn't worthy. But she quickly shrugged off the feeling, deciding not to dwell on it. She rested her arms behind her head as he began to apologize to her. "You've no reason to be sorry. If I didn't want to, I would have declined. I'm not the type of person to get myself involved if I don't feel the need or want. Now, as for not informing me about all of this..." She gave him a stiff punch of the arm. "Next time inform me, you've obviously no reason to distrust me. I could have up and been done with you long ago. That elf might be happier with me if I did." She grinned back at him and chuckled, enjoying the moment. A though popped into her head. "So, when..do we leave? Or, more so how long are we staying here?" She asked breathing in the clean air.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:48 am

The prince smiled at her statement. She was easy to get along with and quite straightforward in her ways, a character trait he very much appreciated in other people. Though he was a little surprised when she suddenly punched him in the arm and instinctively his hand curled around the spot she had just hit. However, he could not help but laughing out loud at her comment, nodding. “Oh, she would definitely like you for taking me out. I don’t have the slightest doubt about that.”

At her next question, he furrowed his brows slightly, considering it for a moment. “Well, seeing that the goblins are already on the march, we will not remain here much longer. Maybe a day or two tops to gather a few things. Unless of course you want to leave immediately? That could be arranged as well.” He questioningly raised an eyebrow at this last bit, wondering if that had been what she had been hinting at. There really was no need to remain her for more than a few hours anyway. “A few hours of decent rest would be advisable however before we run off.”

In the meantime, they had almost reached the end of the stairs again, approaching the ground again, which was now suddenly very busy with people running here and there, seemingly preparing for the departure of a larger group. “Looks like a few of the riders are going to be off soon,” he mused, and again he had this nagging feeling in the pit of his stomach as if someone was going to ask him to get on a dragon soon.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 8:24 pm

Lena considered Atleon's statement. It wasn't as if she was in a particular rush to leave or anything but it wouldn't be much use to stay here for more than a day....It would be nice if she could get a shower, or some dry clothes. Not like she could afford a new set, but if she could let them sit out and dry from the rain and trip in the river it would keep her from getting sick. She was sure Atleon had to be at least a little uncomfortable in the wet clothing, even more so than her due to the fact his clothing had to be heavier than hers. In fact this was the first time she took in his clothing. They were nice, made of fabric she couldn't hope to afford and he was well outfitted. A dry look flashed on her face for a moment, was there something else he wasn't telling her?

"I agree with some rest...but I don't think we should stay here long." She looked around as people seemed to be going about their business rather quickly and then back to him."You seem nervous about thing." She stated bluntly. "Is something wrong?" She tilted her head slightly. She was going to ask him where they could bathe but the look on his face was starting to worry her.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:05 pm

“Alright, I’ll arrange for some provisions to be readied and I guess you will want to choose your ammunition yourself? We can meet with the blacksmith and so on early in the morning before we leave then. Would that suit you?” He gave Lena a calculating look, his eyes getting stuck on her clothes. “I will make sure we get some new clothing too, so we don’t have to worry about getting these dry and comfortable again for the journey that lies ahead.” He expressly included himself in this, in case she would take it personally and to emphasize this, he was tugging a little at his shirt, which in turn made his back itch like hell and he had a hell of a time trying to reach the spot that needed to be scratching. Yet, he finally did and a content sigh escaped his lips.

His eyes again returned to the many preparations that were being made and Lena’s question caught him a little off guard. He had not been aware that his face expressed his thoughts so clearly. “No, it’s nothing really. Nothing important for the mission anyways,” he dismissed the event quickly. “Ahm.. in case you want to freshen up. Bathtubs can be found over there,” Atleon pointed towards a rather large cabin with steam coming out of a small opening at the top. “I will have someone bring clothes for you, and we can then rejoin for food later on after you’ve been shown your quarters for the night too. Alright?” He gave Lena a small smile, hoping he was not overstepping his limits and making her feel uncomfortable. He was just used to not letting women do things for themselves too much when they were guests and even though he was not the real host, he was the one who brought her here, so he did feel slightly responsible for her well-being.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:46 am

Lena nodded, looking down at her worn bow and sighed gently. It was time she got a new one but with her budget, or lack there of, she never really could afford it if she wanted to eat a meal or restock on arrows. She would never complain though, Lena choice this life style for herself and she was comfortable with it. New clothing too? He didn't have to go this far..but...who was she to deny such wonderful gifts in exchange for her services.

Lena narrowed her eyes when Atleon dismissed her question. "Don't think I can not see you hide something from me...but I shall not push it." Lena pushed her ponytail behind her back as it was once sitting on her shoulder and looked in the direction of the bath house. "Excuse me then." She said, unfolding her wings and not waisting time getting to the bath house.

The bath was....amazing. Lena couldn't even put words into how much she enjoyed the hot water and it put her in a refreshed mood. As Atleon had said, Lena found clothes waiting in the dressing room with a card with her name on it. Removing the card, Lena touched the new fabric with a hint of guilt in her heart. She would need to thank him. Dressing Lena was impressed with the dark brown light leather pants, and a darker top which she put on. Lena suddenly grinned, had Atleon noticed her mostly see through shirt and decided to give her a darker one? Grinning she made her way out of the bath house and looked around to see if she could find her way to the dining hall...or where ever she was supposed to meet Atleon for supper.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Atleon was glad that Lena did not insist on him explaining why all these preparations seemed to make him a little nervous or the memories it conjured up so to avoid any more questions he might bring up by replying to this, he simply did not say anything at all. As he watched her make her way to the bathhouse, he could not help but smile. In a way, he was glad she had come along as travelling and fighting with her would most certainly be interesting, especially since she was not one of those girls you constantly had to be afraid of to be yourself and a little rough sometimes, she could handle it.

Once Lena had disappeared inside, Atleon made haste to organise clothes for both of them, making sure none of it was see-through and of a colour that would easily blend in with their surroundings for their upcoming mission, before he quickly got into a bathtub himself. Even though it was only a short bath for him, he enjoyed its refreshing warmth and the nice dry clothes on his skin afterwards. He would have to take care of some more business before they would reconvene for food and he did not want to make her wait, unsure how long she was going to take for her bath.

The blacksmith at least was an old friend of Atleons, knowing the prince regularly came with more specific wishes and he was always happy to oblige. He promised Atleon he would have the materials ready for the next morning so the avian could inspect them and pick whichever suited her. Atleon himself left his sword for a thorough inspection, even though it was not really necessary, since he took well care of it but he did not want to run any risks. Food would be ready as well, and it was probably going to last Lena and himself for quite a while, especially with the things they could be hunting themselves in the wilderness.

Entering the dining hall, there were a few people bustling around with food a few others quickly getting a bite before heading off towards the troll territory. Atleon had always like the dining hall, it was quiet and smelled good of freshly baked bread, of spices. To him, it was simply a very soothing place and he preferably sat somewhere where he could survey the whole place and still be somewhat quiet and on his own, which was exactly what he did now, enjoying the savours in the air while observing the few people present while he waited for Lena.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:20 pm

After a few frustrating directions and rather noncommittal responses from people saying they’d help her get to where she was going, Lena finally stomped her way into the dining hall. She didn’t understand why people around here couldn’t give her proper directions. Perhaps they were new the place as she was, or just too busy to deal with her for the time being. Letting out one more annoyed sigh, Lena entered the dining hall. To her surprise the place itself wasn’t that filled. Random people made their way here and there but otherwise it was quiet save for a few mummers.

Lena spotted Atleon rather fast and made her way over to him. “Sorry about taking so long, some rather frustrating people kept telling me to go different ways.” Lena sat herself down and played with a piece of something or rather sitting on the table. “Thank you, Atleon…for everything, these clothes are…” She looked up at grinned brightly at him, “They are worth more than almost all of my belongings. “ She wasn’t used to having to thank people, so it came out a bit awkward but she tried to convey how thankful she actually was.

(So short. T-T )
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:45 am

Atleon grinned at Lena’s annoyance, knowing the feeling. It had not been much different for him when he had come here the first time and he remember how frustrating it had sometimes been to cruse around looking for something that seemed so very hard to find but was actually right in front of his nose. “People just generally don’t pay attention to where they’re sending you because they always seem to have way too many other things on their mind. You just have to learn by yourself with time. It’s their way, albeit a weird one.”

“Don’t mention it,” Atleon waved off her thanks. “You are very welcome.” He gave her a warm smile as she grinned brightly. He was glad that she accepted them without making much of a fuss, even though they might be worth more than any other possession of hers. He did care much for the material worth of things, though that was probably due to the fact that he had never had to worry. Nevertheless, he considered the emotional worth of things to be much more valuable than anything else.

Dinner passed relatively quickly and rather quietly, both of them having lots to think about, and before long Atleon bid Lena goodnight, having a young girl escort her to her chambers and provide her with anything she needed. The girl beamed at the avian, happy to be in the presence of a winged one and she impulsively took Lena by the hand to drag her along. Atleon himself then retreated to get a few hours of sleep before he was up and about again early the next day to gather everything. The most difficult part about preparing provisions was to not overload the pack, but after a few years of practice, he had gotten the hang of it. Only the very basic essentials were in a pack he had prepared for both himself and for Lena. The sun was barely fully out of its hideout behind the mountains when he reached the blacksmith’s to meet with Lena and choose their ammunition, their last stop before heading out on their quest.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:24 am

Lena yawned as she looked at the small morning light spilling into her room. It had been rather odd to be treated so differently by the young girl who had escorted her to the room she was currently staying in. Today was the day the two of them were supposed to be heading out. Lena still could not really believe how fast this was all going, but if she was used to anything it was riding the wind and letting it carry her to new adventures.

One thing tugged at Lena as she dressed though. She didn’t know much about her traveling companion. While the same might be true about her for him, Lena thought there really wasn’t much to tell about her. She left home to travel and did so…but this man seemed different. It was confirmed already there /was/ something he was keeping from her but he looked so…sad when she brought it up that she didn’t want to pursue it.

Walking out and going through the very annoying process of trying to find the black smith Lena was more then happy that she had woken up a little early to get there just as the sun was making it self known in the sky. “Morning.” She said, grinning at Atleon as she pushed her long black hair from her face. She wasn’t much of a morning person herself but whatever it took to get the job done she wasn’t really going to complain. Looking over what the smith had out a particular long bow has caught her attention. It was beautifully made.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:45 pm

“Morning,” Atleon returned the greeting with a slight nod of his head. They immediately stepped inside the small workspace to do their business. As he observed Lena look over the ammunition and weapons, he did not miss the appreciating look she gave a specific bow and he gave the blacksmith a quick glance and merely stated in a gentle voice: “She can have anything she wants, it will be provided for.” The blacksmith waved the comment off with a light gesture of his hand and a smile: “Don’t worry about it.” The man turned around to fiddle something out from under his working bench and came up with Atleon’s sword again. He carefully placed the sheath on Atleon’s outstretched palm with a proud expression on his face: “You’ve taken well care of this masterpiece, it is still in a very good condition. I barely had to fiddle with the steel.” Atleon smiled in return, gratefully taking his weapon from the craftsman’s hand and only briefly unsheathed it to see the nice polish the blacksmith had given it.

Looking at Lena again, he asked: “Are you finding anything to your liking? Anything you need, you can have. There is no need to worry about anything really. We are well taken care of here,” Atleon added the last bit for her comfort, not wanting her to be embarrassed or anything by the fact that she was again provided with everything she needed. After she had thanked him so sweetly the evening before, he could imagine that this might be a little hard for her to accept. Though it was not something he was keen on arguing over, first of all, because he did not mind offering people something once in a while, especially not if it was dearly needed such as in a situation like theirs, and second of all, he did not want to waste time with ridiculous arguments he had no intention of losing, as he wanted to press on to get out of there before someone got the idea after all that he should ride a dragon. Of course, his behaviour did not betray this fact and was all gentlemanly as per usual. As for the blacksmith, his eyes were glittering with pride at the looks the avian girl gave his materials, always happy to have someone in his domain who understood what they were talking about and what they were looking for.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:49 am

Lena looked to Atleon for a short moment as he gave her permission to pick whatever she had wanted. Her bow that she currently owned had been worn and it might have never let her down…but the possibilities of it breaking in the middle of their ‘mission’ sounded rather bad. Currently Lena’s sword fighting abilities were weak but she could hold her own. She much preferred the precision of a steady bow with a deadly aim.

What had caught this avians eye was a long bow. It was made of what looked like a yew wood dyed with the deep redish brown color. The bow shaft was a traditional ‘D’ shape with a curved handle and the string attached to it looked of high quality. “May I?” Lena asked, looking to the blacksmith and then back down to the bow when he nodded in approval. Gently picking up the weapon, Lena’s eye glittered with apperception of the work that had gone into making this piece.

“This is a beautiful bow.” Lena stated, looking back up the blacksmith. “If I may, I’d like to take this with me. If there is anything I know how to do it’s to care for a good bow.” She knew that her own looked a little shabby at the moment but that was only due to the fact that she had owned it for so long.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 1:14 pm

The blacksmith nodded proudly. “Yes, it is beautiful indeed. My son has made it, one of his finest pieces so far. You are of course very welcome to take it. I can tell that you know how to care for weapons. If I may?” he asked, holding out his hand for her own, worn bow. “My son might be able to put this one back into shape for you, seeing that it is still in a fairly good condition considering its age.” There was no denying the man knew what he was talking about when it came to weapons, even if he was not a bowmaster himself. Atleon was pleased at his behaviour, but he had not doubted the man a second anyway. He had always been nice to everyone and intent on doing the best he could for any kind of weaponry. Otherwise he would not be with the dragon riders.

“If there’s nothing else you need… ? Then we should get going.” With a nod towards the blacksmith, Atleon took his leave of the man, thanking him for his kindness before he stepped out of the workplace. The sun was already nicely warming this early in the morning despite the rain the previous day. It would be a nice day to start a journey, and hopefully the ground would not be too soggy so they could cover a good chunk of the road. Taking up the two small packs he had prepared, he looked at Lena: “Do you have everything you need?” Now was the time to reconsider whether they’d forgotten something or not because once on the road, it might be hard to find any decent shops in the villages they might cross, though they would probably be travelling quite far away from most civilisations. “Otherwise, I’d say, let’s hit the road,” he gave her smile at this.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Lena took the bow with some hesitance but it was brief as she grasped the weapon and handed over her own. “I’ll use it well.” She said with a grin as she looked over the bow once more and then to Atleon, ready to go. He lead the way to the packs he had prepared and she took hers looking it over. Wow, this guy was really prepared. Not only did he had money, but brains too. Lena couldn’t help but grin at her own thoughts.

“Hm, No I think I am ready to go, lead the way.” Lena said, unfolding and refolding her wings, itching to get a move on. Lena was rather bad at staying one place for any amount of time. She just could not sit still and do nothing; never could, never will.

As they began out on their trail had began to piece things together and thought it high time for some answers. “Atleon, you are from some rich or empowered family, aren’t you?” She asked bluntly. There was no way people would pay him such respect and he have all these resources without there being some sort of reason behind it. If he had worked his way into money, Lena still wasn’t sure that such respect from the dragon riders would come with it, no she was sure he was someone important and thought to have enough evidence in her mind to back it if he tried to deny.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 pm

The journey started out as a quiet one and Atleon enjoyed the peace of the early morning hours, with only smaller creatures and birds around to accompany them on their way with songs and random little almost soothing noises. Sticking to a narrow trail that was winding through the woods, they made their way towards the troll territory. The ground was still a little slippery from the previous days’ shower but the powerful sun rays this early in the morning promised nice weather for at least another few hours. Atleon hoped they would not be drenched any time soon within the next few days as he would quite like to put some distance behind them before dealing with such trivial matters apart from the obstacles the road itself would then begin to pose.

At Lena’s straightforward enquiry, Atleon was surprised and questioningly raised an eyebrow, stopping in his tracks and turning towards her, wondering where she wanted to get at with such a question. She had been brooding over something for quite a while now, that much he could tell, but he had not thought it would come out as something like this. As he saw the determined and still somewhat puzzled look on her face however, he had to chuckle. Shaking his head, still smiling, he continued to walk on. “You are right, I deserved an outright question like that. You must have been wondering about this for quite some time now?” Though, he knew the answer to that question without having to wait for a reply. Stopping once more, Atleon looked at the avian. “It was refreshing until now that the sound of my name did not ring any bells. But I guess there is no way around telling you who I really am.” Sighing, he twisted his mouth, transforming his face into a grinning grimace of sadness. “I hope however, it will not change anything in your behaviour towards me, like it has for so many other people, once you know that I am Prince of the House of Mirrahl.”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 3:24 am

Lena was more then pleased that she took the man off guard, but in all honesty if they were planning on going to war together then at least that much had to be known about something. Without trust there was no way they could work as a team, and in this case it was going to be necessary despite her history for being a loner. She nodded when he asked if she had been thinking about it. Well, she couldn’t very well bring the topic up without feeling like she had some evidence to support her claim. Lena would admit she wasn’t a social person and didn’t exactly know how to act around people properly but this is how she did things; Direct and usually to the point. She didn’t like going the prissy round about ways to answers or stepping on egg shells on topics.

When he finally confessed as to whom he really was Lena wanted to laugh. To say that it wasn’t possible that he was the rumored prince that was in these parts, but the look on his face told her otherwise. She continued to walk and let herself go into a contemplative state. It all made sense really, the money, respect, order even the dragon riders asking favors of him. “So, you are really the prince then…Don’t go expecting special treatment from me.” She grinned at him as she walked down the path, adjusting her wings slightly. Lena was defiantly not the type to feel awkward around those in a high position but she was more then glad to know Atleon had not been treating her like someone beneath him either. She fully doubted that she would have accompanied him if that had been the case anyway.

“So…Prince Atleon,” She teased looking over her shoulder to him, “how long do you think it will be until we reach the war zone?” Her tone grew more serious towards the end of her question. War was no joke, no matter what race was fighting against one another. She fingered the bow on her shoulder, feeling the smooth weapon with much pleasure. She knew if she were flying the time would be cut in half or more but she might as well take her time on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:45 am

Atleon waited for the reaction, somewhat anxiously, though from what he had learned about Lena, he was fairly certain she would not run away screaming at the knowledge or start venerating him in any kind of way. She did not seem the kind for such ridiculous behaviour and she definitely was not a suck-up. That much he had been able to deduct from her actions in the Hall of Skies. However, going completely silent and not really reacting to the revelation was not quite what he had expected, but it somehow pleased him. At least she did not burst out some random comment but actually thought before she said something or acted, which was probably the best way to go in quite a lot of situations.

Quietly, he walked beside her, since there was no need for a path anymore with the open grass land they had just stepped on to. They had advanced fairly quickly and rather far in the few hours since the start of their journey, and Atleon was pleased with this. Since there should be no immediate danger in this area, at least it never had been apart from a few wild animals that might mistake them for easy prey, he opted for the shorter route and cut straight across the greenery, grass soon stretching into every direction as far as the eye could see. Up north to where they were headed, the very highest peaks of a range of mountains began to reveal themselves, though the actual width of the mountains remained hidden behind the horizon of grass, and it would be this way for at least another day or two.

When Lena finally spoke, a small smile played around Atleon’s lips as he nodded in response to her statement, laughing out loud at that last bit. “I had not expected anything else from you,” he replied, returning her grin. For another short while, they continued on silently, but it was a comfortable silence that was stretching between them, very much to Atleon’s comfort. As she began talking again, he shot the avian a playfully annoyed sideways glance but as her tone grew more serious, so did he. “We will have to cross the mountain range you can barely start distinguishing at the far end of these grass plains.” His words were accompanied by his finger pointing towards the hint of a few snowy peaks in the distance before he continued: “The troll territory starts on the other side of those mountains, and that’s when we will have to start being very careful about what we do. I have no idea into which direction the goblins will be moving in and how far they will have advanced by the time we get there.” Her motion did not escape his eyes though. “Would you care to test your new bow?” he offered, “I have a chain mail shirt in my bag. And before you ask, no it’s not one of those typically heavy things. A friend of mine has been experimenting around a little and found a way to heat the material differently so it is actually fairly light. I haven’t tested it myself but now is as good a time as ever, and we might as well learn to trust each other.”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Lean listened as he spoke, amused by his annoyed yet playful glace. This fellow really was interesting to her, which she could not deny. Following the point of his finger, Lena squinted at the snow-covered caps of the mountains. A frown suddenly came to her face. “Atleon, how long do you think it will take to cross said mountains? I know we will have to be cautious but…” She thought of the biting effects of the cold, and the blind snow. She had no idea how rough the mountains were, but thinking ahead had never been a bad thing before.

At the mention of testing her new bow Lena stopped walking and looked at him with surprise. “You mean for me to draw my bow against you?!” The thought just seemed absolutely absurd to her in everyway. The possibility of the chain mail not working and it stabbing him would not only be a problem for him but for her as well. She could see it now: Prince brought down by crazed avian woman in the middle of nowhere! Screw that.

After much convincing from Atleon that he knew what he was doing Lena sighed as she set herself up 50 feet from where Atleon was now standing, looking prepared to take her on. “This is insane…” She mumbled to herself as she withdrew an arrow from her quiver and she gradually notched the arrow on her bow. Pulling the string of the bow back she tested the weight it could pull and seemed pleased. It was a bit heavier of a pull then she was used to but it would be good for her to move on anyway. “Ready?!” She shouted over to him as she aimed her bow for his sword. She just prayed that he didn’t actually sustain injury. With that as her last thought she released the arrow.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm

“The mountains will take several days usually, if you go over them but there is a passage through them, though we will have to get fairly high up for it nevertheless. Don’t worry, it’ll be fine, we should be able to avoid the snow completely this time of year.” The snow was not too far down at the moment so they should easily be able to keep warm enough if they did not stop for too long. They could easily rest a little longer before reaching the colder parts and it would be warm enough inside the tunnel to rest for a few hours.

Atleon laughed at Lena’s almost outrage as he stood there in his chain mail with his two-handed sword steady in front of him. “I do believe this is not a bad idea,” he stated once more after he had already repeated this over and over again until she had finally agreed. It was not the first time he had done this and it would certainly not be the last. Many times had he trained with his men in such to other people maybe weird fashions but it had strengthened their bond and they trusted each other with their lives, which was a very important asset to going into battle together.

He observed her as she readied herself and her bow, aiming and he concentrated on the angle of the arrow, trying to measure in which way it was going to come for him so he could easily deflect it. It was a hard exercise and it only ever worked when fully concentrated on nothing else. Parrying an oncoming arrow in a full-out battle was usually rarely done through a conscious act but rather sheer luck. Yet, he kept the sword steady as it was her assigned target. As soon as it was released, it came at him in a steady line, aimed straight at the sword. Atleon merely shifted the blade a little for the arrow to lightly bounce off of it and shoot away over his shoulder. “See? That wasn’t so bad,” he grinned, knowing that she would want to hit him for that.

“Now, how is your bow? Satisfied with your pick?” He walked over to meet her while sheathing his sword and stripping the chain mail off of his upper body again. “This thing feels so comfortable, it’s still unusual to wear it,” he commented, wrapping it together and putting it back into his backpack. He looked back up at her, eager to hear her response, hoping the bow was alright. He trusted in the blacksmith’s son’s skills but they should have tested the bow earlier actually while there had still been a chance to exchange it, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:37 pm

Lena couldn’t help the sigh of relief as the arrow went harmlessly over Atleon’s shoulder and she found she was slumping her own. Giving him a narrowed glace as his comment she waited as he walked over to her. “I had good reason to fear, prince.” She teased back, pleased with her own banter towards the man and watched him put the thing away.

“It’s rather useful, isn’t it?” Lena asked, nodding down quickly to the amour that seemed impossibly light for it to actually work. Though she just shrugged it off and eyed Atleon again. He was surprising her left and right. With a smile on her face she walked over to the arrow that had bounced off his sword and inspected it to see if it would be worth putting back in the quiver.

“I’d have to say, it pulls rather nicely and seemed like it can handle the strain….I will have to thank that man if I ever see him again.” She said the last part more as a comment to herself as she tossed the broken arrow head and stood once more to face Atleon. “Any more surprises I should know about?” She placed a hand on her hip and a grin on her face. She wouldn’t be surprised if there were.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:32 pm

“Oh don’t be silly,” he waved off her light banter with his hand, “there was never any reason to fear. I could have jumped out of the way or ducked any second,” he grinned. “But yes, it’s very handy actually, more than I initially believed.” His eyes wandered back over the pack that had swallowed the shirt, reminding himself that he would have to thank his friend for this unique gift once more.

Turning back to Lena who was inspecting the probably now useless arrow, he was glad to hear that she liked the bow. “You will get that chance, I’m sure.” He had heard it and felt like it was necessary to say something more but he didn’t know what, for one because considering the possibility of not returning had never been an option for Atleon. He knew that it was a possibility, but it simply was not something he included in his way of thinking. With all the things he had and still has to endure, if he’d think about not surviving his actions, he might just as well stop doing what he did. As a prince, he was never safe anywhere, he could be assassinated in his own bathroom so dying did not really exist in his plans as such, even though he had organised a few things for just such an event. The second reason was because he was not entirely sure how she had meant it or whether she actually contemplated not returning from this war.

He feigned to be thinking quite hard about this question before he with a very serious face replied: “Well.... no... I think that’s all the surprises.” And then he burst out into a grin while adding: “For now at least.” It was easy to get along with her and it made the travelling far better than it would have been with someone he did not care for much or on his own. It was a nice change from being the loner he had grown to be lately, after several incidents, and he knew he would have to tell Lena about those eventually too, but he was definitely not ready for it and with a bit of luck he would not have to tell her about them, they were not important for this anyway. “What about yourself then, any surprises in store? Or shocking revelations I should know about?”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:52 pm

Lena smirked at his this time, “I can’t say for sure, but you’ll find out eventually, right?” She couldn’t help the playful tone that spilled back into her voice as she spoke and literally sashayed her way past him and looked over her shoulder to toss him one more playful glance. The atmosphere around Atleon was an interesting thing indeed, Lena felt like she could be good friends with the man despite his royal history.

As she was about to jest with him some more a sudden whizzing noise caught her attention and she stepped back just in time for an arrow to skim across her shoulder. With a surprised look Lena drew her bow immediately and darted her head in several directions to see where the location of the projectile came from.

Without warning a man leaped from a near by tree, sword drawn and began to battle against Lena. She brought her bow shaft up just in time to black the blade from making a clean cut on her throat and sent a silent thank you up to the heavens that whatever this bow was made from didn’t break under the pressure of the weapon.

A second man, dressed in black robes jumped from the trees, completely ignoring Lena and what seemed to be his companion. “Why, Atleon, I thought we would never meet. What an honor.” The man’s voice dripped with sarcasm and contempt. “Never had I suspected you to travel with an avian, let alone a female.” The man gave Atleon a toothy grin. “Oh, forgive my manners, dear prince, my name is Sothen, I am here to assassinate you.” He said with a calm, and even tone drawing a duel pair of swords that sat on his hip. “Shall we?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next