Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

"Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:30 am

Lena could just hear it now, “You left the prince alone and now he is dead! It is all your fault.” She wasn’t exactly sure who it would be saying that but Lena could easily assume it would be more than one person if Atleon really did die. She believed in his fighting abilities but if surrounded by a hundred goblins no man, no human man anyway, would be able to defend against such sheer numbers. With a silent prayer to whatever deity might be out there watching over them she asked for Atleon to remain safe until she could return. It had taken them around two days on foot to reach the point they were at but in the sky Lena could cut that time in half or more. With all speed she could afford to use, Lena pressed on, back to the dragon riders.

It had taken Lena nearly the entire night before she had seen the area where the dragon riders where and to remember exactly where their secret location was at. It was odd to her that the memory was fuzzy of the place but she shook of the small details and flew in quickly to the dragon riders city. Without wasting time of climbing the stairs to the main chamber, Lena busted into the room. “I need to speak with the dragon leader right now.” She demanded, huffing and puffing her breath as she tried to get in under control.

Gaelina scowled deeply as she grabbed at the hilt of her weapon. “How dare you burst into this holy place, you uncouth wench.” The elf growled, obviously angered by the woman’s random appearance, let alone seeing that Lena was not with Atleon. Had something happened to him? That wouldn’t be such a bad thing, she thought.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Pushing aside all thoughts of what might or might not go wrong with Lena and the dragon riders, he marched on at a quicker pace now. He had quite a lot of ground to cover before he could even think of resting for a bit. The sun was already beginning its descent towards its resting place and he was still in open land with nothing but grass as far as the eye could see. He would need to get either to the mountain range or would have to cut over towards the forest again for some protection over night. The forest would make him lose quite a bit more time but it would definitely procure the shadows he would need, whereas he could not be sure what would await him at the mountain pass. However, or so he figured, there had to be some spot, even if it was only a small one where he could hide during the night in case the pass had already been taken. Though he sincerely hoped that was not the case, otherwise Lena and him would have to find another way to get into the troll territory and it would make them lose even more time.

Night quickly come over the prince as he decided to press on instead of heading towards the cover of the trees. The quicker he could find out whether they could move on, the better. His thoughts regularly returned to Lena, and he sincerely hoped everything was going according to their little plan, though he was fairly certain Gaelina would try to make it as hard as possible, but he knew he could count on the dragoness, she would listen even if no one else did, which he was certain would not happen however. It was far into the night when Atleon finally reached the pass in the mountains, or rather had the entrance to the pass illuminated by a large campfire. With a sinking heart he hid behind one of the few bushes that were beginning to grow along the rim of the mountain range and pondered what to do next. He could of course quite simply find himself a resting spot for a few hours, sleep was desperately needed after the day’s events, even if it were only a couple of hours. However, he was far more interested in finding out who dared to have such a large open flame. Creeping closer, constantly trying to remain covered by one greenery or other, he made his way closer only to be dumbfounded when he saw a group of trappers cooking a meal over the fire, a few hides lying nearby to dry. The odd thing however was that they were trolls.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:36 pm

"Look I am not one for nice pleasant chatter either but I need to talk to the dragon riders now, right now and if you do not I will happily put a blade through you." Lena growled, grabbing at her own weapon.

Gaelina's featured turned in anger, what a stupid woman. "How dare you turn a blade on me. You could be thrown from this holy place." She growled refusing to back down.

"Stupid elf, take me there now. A war really is going on!" Lena demanded, she did not have time for this useless fighting.

Gaelina looked over Lena for a moment, itching to test her blade on the avian but if there really was a war going on and Atleon was out there alone they would highly frown upon her killing the woman. Sighing as her own logic beat her out she turned and started leading the way, going to the tippy top in the center room where Lena had first met the dragon.

"Good dragon," Gaelina started, "This...woman, has come with news on the war." She made her way across the room, taking her usual place while Lena stayed in the center of the room.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 pm

Nightly sounds were slowly making their way to Atleon’s ear but he could not distinguish a lot the group he was observing not too far from him was saying, apart from the occasional satisfy grunt while they were taking their meal. They seemed content enough and the prince couldn’t help but wonder if they even knew what was going on these days, especially on the other side of that mountain range in their own home territory. There was nothing about the group that suggested they were hostile or planning some kind of an attack, though Atleon knew that such impressions were often created ones, but they did not seem aware enough of their surroundings to be traitors to their own kind or anything along those lines.

Taking a deep breath, the prince decided to reveal himself in order to find out what their intentions were or to gather some information if possible. He retraced his own steps a little so he could appear somewhere a little farther away so he wouldn’t give the impression he had been watching them and to not provoke a fierce reaction to his sudden appearance right next to them. Making his way once more towards the pass, though keeping his guarded stance, he moved closer to them and had to actually step very closely before any of them noticed his presence with an astounded look on his face. After a bit of initial confusion as to whether they should attack him, invite him to join them or just shoo him away, Atleon greeted them in a polite fashion, his whole body signaling that he was not intending to harm them.

As soon as they realised he was a fellow traveller, they beckoned him closer to the fire, immediately extending a branch to him with a piece of meat stuck to it, inviting him to join their meal. After a bit of initial confusion on what language to speak, seeing that Atleon did never learn the troll language, they found a middle way of the common language and sign language, mixed with a few troll words to communicate.

~((My next post will basically just be some chit chatting for this bit and then I’ll be moving on to the next day, just so you know and can time yours, unless you think you might need more than just the one post ^^ ))~
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

The dragon in the room lifted it's large head when the doors opened to let two women in, the elf and the avian who had come here only a short few days ago. Concern blossomed in it's chest when Atleon was not at her side and at the mention of war fears began to grow for the safety of the prince. But remaining calm until the news was heard was key and this dragon would see to it that it held it's composure. "Please come in little avian, I wish to hear of this news." It said to Lena.

Gaelina unhappily stood behind the dragon, but knew there was no point in going on about her dislike of the winged rat. Though without Atleon at her side there was perhaps some real danger to the news this women was about to bring.

Lena looked up at the dragon and sighed, there was a lot of tension in this room and while she half way expected it, it did not make it any easier to deal with. "We have found a mass of enemies near the base of the mountains not far north and a currently empty base. Atleon is staying there to keep an eye on them. We thought it best I come back alone because it would take too long on foot."

The dragon frowned slightly, not liking the news it was hearing nor the fact that the prince was left alone...but it knew well enough he could take care of himself. "We will have to mobilize a unit to go to their aid...I thank you for coming all this way. I think it would be best to return to Atleon and ensure his safety while out there, once you've had rest of course. Someone will show you to a room you can use. Gaelina please inform the strategist." It looked back to Lena. "I thank you once more little one, keep heart that help will be out to you as soon as we can move out." The dragon assured.

Lena nodded and shot one more dark look to Gaelina before turning to leave the room. She went through the large doors and sighed in relief. She wasn't used to dealing with higher ups let alone talking to them. She found the person who would show her the way to the room and quickly made herself comfortable. It had been a long flight and she wanted to recharge as soon as possible to get back to Atleon.

(( T_T ELDAR! I'M SO SORRY! I KEPT FORGETTING ABOUT THIS! I SWEAR I STILL WANT TO RP THISSS))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:51 am

Not too much information was to be gained from the trolls. They were mainly a group of nomads that had been travelling around, living off of what they hunted for themselves, selling the skins and anything else they could use for trade, thus making a bit of money. It had been a while since they had been inside troll territory for longer than just a few days and they had since then not heard any news. Tensions between various clans amongst themselves were the norm and there had been no war dawning either. However, they were growing quite anxious when Atleon told them he had heard about goblins invading the various troll settlements and if it hadn’t been very dark by then, they would have packed camp immediately and hurried homewards. As it was, they decided to spend the night and at least try to get a few hours of rest before they would head out into the pass as soon as the sun would rise.

The trolls stuck to their intentions. The sun was barely illuminating the face of the earth when they were already on their way, having had a light breakfast in the shadows of the dawn. Refusing to take any sort of compensation for the food they had offered to Atleon, the prince waved them off, reassuring them that he would be fine on his own and that he was certain he would see them again some day.

Atleon’s thoughts quickly wandered to Lena and he kept mulling their current situation over and over in his head. He was confident she would receive the aid they were seeking and she wouldn’t take too long to come back to him. However, he was uncertain what to do with the goblin camp they had disturbed the day earlier. He had not heard anything unusual in the deep hours of the night and he was uncertain whether this was a good or a bad thing. He was itching to turn back towards the goblins and go see what they were up to, but immediately rejected the idea again, knowing that he would only expose himself as there was no cover to be had in the middle of the grass plains.

Thus, the prince headed towards the pass, just like he had told Lena that he would. Refilling his waterskin in a source coming freshly down from the mountains, he slowly picked his way with as much cover as could be provided, regularly turning around to observe the landscape, waiting not only for the avian but also for the goblins – just in case.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Lena woke the next morning feeling refreshed as the early morning light played on her face. She got herself up, checked in with the dragon riders and soon decided that she needed to head back out to Atleon. She had no idea if the man had kept himself safe over the night, seeing as how there were so many goblins were in the area she left him in. The riders said they would be out in a days time but she wanted to fly ahead and let Atleon know of their plans.

Spreading her white wings, Lena took to the skies, glad to be away from the angry glares of the elf woman. What an angry woman, and she honestly had no care for anyone outside of her own circle. Pah! Lena couldn't care less. She spent the first few hours of her day getting back to the mountain pass where Atleon should have been but as soon as she got close she landed. If goblins were keeping an eye out it would look rather suspicious for her to be flying around and she might alert them or get shot down. What use would she be then?

Landing near the base of the mountain Lena took to foot paths up the hill, knowing this was the best way to go up. She kept her eye out for goblins, her hand on the hilt of her sword. There was no way she would want to use her bow and risk losing all her arrows out here and if it were a surprise attack she wouldn't be fast enough with it. It took a little less than a half hour before she caught sight of what she assumed was Atleon's camp and she carefully made her way to him, holding her hands out and announcing herself clearly behind entering his camp site.

"Atleon! It's Lena! Where are you?" She looked around trying to catch sight of the prince.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 7:12 am

Quite a few hours passed while Atleon made his way intentionally slowly on the pass, inspecting many tracks he could find, trying to figure out how many people had passed, how much time ago – anything to give him a clue as to what was about to happen or what had happened already. The fact that so many goblins were already on this side of the mountains was still rattling his nerves because he didn’t understand why. This same thought kept running through his mind in circles, over and over again; yet it was almost the only pastime he had and he couldn’t go too far up until Lena was back.

Shaking his head, Atleon turned around once more to face downwards, by now being a little higher up so he could actually see onto the grass plains a little. Nothing seemed to be moving apart from a small group of deer jumping their way back into the forest with the growing sun light. His troll comrades were nowhere to be seen, not even on the parts higher up in the trail that could be seen from his vantage point.

However, down below, he could see a white spot suddenly moving around the camp site, he had used earlier with the trolls. Squinting his eye so as to better see, the prince thought he’d heard a voice calling out as well. After a few more seconds of observing, he was sure that it was indeed the avian, thus he called down: “Lena! Up here!” Hesitantly, he waved a little as well, hoping the movement would be enough for her to see him without alerting anyone else to their presence, if calling out had not already done that.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Lena moved cautiously around the camp, looking for her partner when suddenly she heard someone softly call her name. Looking up, she saw Atleon wave his hand a bit to direct her in the area which he was currently inhabiting. Not wanting to draw attention to herself, Lena climbed her way up to where the Prince was, keeping low in case there were enemies about that she had not noticed and he did.

"Is everything alright?" She asked, looking back and forth around her, completely alert if something were to suddenly jump out and attack them. Her eyes made contact with his own for a long moment, and then she looked him over for injury. "Didn't get yourself hurt while I was away?" She grinned, making sure to keep her voice at a low whisper when she was sure they weren't in any immediate danger.

Lena knew full well that her trip back to the Riders was well worth it, and that the small amount of rest she had gotten did her well, but she was unsure if Atleon had gotten any being out here on petrol the entire night.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 1:39 pm

“Pff”, Atleon, once she was close by, waved away Lena’s comment, which he was almost certain was more sarcastic anyway seeing that he looked perfectly well. He was glad to see however that the avian woman herself seemed unscathed and the look on her face did not suggest impending doom, thus his hope rose that she had had a successful meeting with the dragon riders. “Nothing has really happened out here. Except for…”

Atleon briefly related his late night encounter with the small troop of trolls while he motioned for Lena to follow him as he began moving up the pass. There was no need to stay in the same place while they related their individual reports but would be much more effective if they used that time to their advantage as well. Once he was finished with his little bit, he immediately continued: “But more importantly: how did it go? What have they said when you brought them the information?”

He had to admit that he was rather anxious to know the outcome of the avian’s excursion but he tried to keep his eagerness reined in and instead refocused some of his attention to their surroundings rather than only on Lena and his immediate footing. They would have to walk for another few hours before they reached the top of the mountain and the prince preferred to cross that distance before they rested, even though he could see that Lena was exhausted, he himself had not slept all that much or all too well the previous night. Even though he had not been in immediate danger, spending the night amidst strangers was not a condition that would make anyone like Atleon, or Lena for that matter he guessed, sleep very deeply. “Can you hold out a few more hours? We can rest a while longer when we’ve reached the peak.”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm

Lena couldn’t help the small chuckle that escaped her when Atleon lightly brushed off her sarcasm and she followed him over to where he could talk in a softer voice. As she listened to the recalling’s of his night before she scanned the land in front of them with a small frown. This was going to be more than she signed up for, but she simply shrugged it off as another adventure in her wanderings. When he turned his attention back to her she smiled briefly.

“They will send aid. It wasn’t exactly a warm welcome from the elf woman from earlier, but once I got past her I saw no issues speaking with anyone else.” She informed him, pleased that her trip had gone so smoothly and that despite not knowing the people in the higher ups, she was able to call for help to the prince. Perhaps it was because of Atleon that she was so able to do so, she let the thought drop not really so concerned with the issue.

When Atleon asked if she could go a few more hours she nodded with a renewed grin on her face. She wasn’t one be the sissy girl that couldn’t hold her own on an adventure. “Yeah, it would be best to get out of the open anyway.” She agreed, stepping aside to let Atleon lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 10:52 am

“Ah, Gaelina,” Atleon stated matter-of-factly as Lena mentioned 'the elf-woman from earlier'. “I always knew that this woman was going to be a pain in my behind, and so far she has yet to prove me wrong.” Shaking his head, Atleon rolled his eyes at the thought of Galina opposing Lena on such an important mission. He would have to have words with her next time they met. She really had to stop throwing stones in his path wherever she could. One day, they might all pay dearly for such a vicious deed.

“But I am glad to hear that everything else has gone well. Hopefully they will soon have a few riders underway to inspect the scene and let’s hope those nasty little buggers don’t decide to go over the mountain for a change.” It was unlikely after they had gone through the trouble of enhancing the smuggler tunnels for their own means but the prince had learned early to better be safe rather than sorry.

As the avian grinned at him and agreed to keep going, he nodded with a small smile. “We’re on the same page then.” They kept walking for quite a bit and Atleon was quiet for the time being, musing over what had occurred for both of them the previous night while keeping his eyes open for any kind of movement. From time to time, he checked the trail for tracks as well but on the rocky path it wasn’t too clear who had travelled her in the last few days.

“I wonder what will await us on the top of this mountain, or past it. I have no real information and I’m not sure any of the riders have anything specific either. We should be prepared for almost about anything. “Where you able to pick up any kind of information while you were at the dragon riders’?” Atleon was grabbing for straws, maybe non-existent ones, and he was very aware of it but not knowing too much about what they were heading into was not a very comforting thought. At least they were almost at the peak of the mountain pass and would soon rest for a while.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 3:51 pm

Lena walked along side Atleon quietly, keeping her white wings close to her body in hopes that it would help them from standing out. More than once she had been given away due to her wings, the snow white feathers standing out on almost any landscape. She brought her focus back to Atleon when he asked her about information from the dragon riders. She nearly wanted to scoff, but kept herself in check. Lena was far too wild and unrefined for normal dealings with higher ups, unusually not Atleon though, but she shook her head no either way.

"I was only able to tell them you, we, needed help and then I was excused." She answered with a shrug. "If they knew anything or planned it other than sending help I am unaware." She looked up the mountain with some amount of anticipation. Of a fight, or the eve of a fight either way, Lena was itching to draw herself into combat.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 am

Atleon nodded. He should have remembered that they very rarely gave information to anyone who was not a rider themselves. It was weird that he considered Lena an old acquaintance even though they had only met two days ago, it seemed like longer. Of course they would not let anything on of their plans, they barely even told their lower ranking ones, the trainees, more than they needed to know for some missions, they would certainly not tell Lena anything, even though she had come on the prince’s behalf, simply because of the risk was contained in such a gesture.

“Ah well, we will just have to hope that they will be able to deal with it and that they won’t be late for whatever it is these sneaky goblins have planned.” Atleon was not pleased with not knowing what was going on. He was so very used to being the point where most information came together that he had almost forgotten what it was like to not be in such a position.

It was only a couple hours longer before they reached the peak finally, just as the sun was starting to descend downwards again. They had made their path well and actually quicker than Atleon had initially thought, but motivation gave them drive. Stretching his legs a little after the last rather steep bit of the path, Atleon groaned as his muscles protested against the movement. “How about a small rest before we set out down on the other side into the unknown?”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Lena kept pace with Atleon as he walked up the steep hill, keeping an eye on their surroundings as they went and readily complied with the idea of taking a break before continuing on. “Agreed.” She mumbled as she dropped on the ground to give her aching muscles a break from the strain of the day. “You would know better than I, how long do you think it will take to mobilize a force to join us out here?” She asked, looking up to the man.

Lena looked down the side of the mountain and hoped that it wouldn’t be terribly long. By the information Atleon had given her they were actually forming to attack, and it looked like it would be soon. How long would the rest of them last with an unknown attack coming? It would be suicidal to go against the force alone; even if she were confident Atleon has skills in fighting. The numbers per person would be impossible.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:11 am

“Well,” Atleon started to reply the avian’s question, as he went to seat himself on the ground as well, for one to rest his own muscles and for another so Lena did not have to look up to him. It had always been one of his traits, some found it remarkable, some found it despicable, but when he talked to someone, he preferred to be on eyelevel than rather having to look down on someone, whether that someone was of same or lower ranking. There was not much to be had of a higher ranking than Atleon, seeing that he was a prince, but he had learned through his travels that some attitudes most royals had was not all too appreciated by the more common people.

“There’s always a few dragons kept on alert just in case there is an emergency. Unlike most of the armies spread across the lands, the dragons never rest as they are also called upon for smaller disputes rather than a full-out attack.” With an apologetic look towards Lena, hoping that she wouldn’t mind the action, Atleon quickly took off his boots to wiggle his toes in freedom for a bit. He relished the feeling of his feet being unrestrained for a moment, before he continued. “A larger force would obviously take a little longer but dragons and riders alike are trained for speedy departures. But it will definitely take them a few days before they are fully mobilised and ready to confront the goblins down there.”

Thoughts racing through his mind, Atleon looked down, following Lena’s glance without realising it. “We will have to find some way to stall an attack without getting involved in a battle ourselves,” he murmured, more to himself than to his travel companion, but as off now, he really had no idea how to set about such a task.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Lena looked back to Atleon with a thoughtful gaze, it was going to be hard to stall an attack without getting involved...That would be suicide and Lena had no thoughts of trying to play hero against an entire army. She briefly thought to set up blockades, surprise attack and run tactics, and other such things but a lot of it seemed timely, even more so just for the two of them. Sure, she could fly over head and check to see how much time they had, how far the goblin army had advanced.

After thinking for a few minutes, a thought struck her, but she wasn't sure if it was any good or not and turned her attention back on the prince. "Hey, Atleon, do you think if we cut around the goblins we could make it to the dwarfs before them and give warning? Perhaps they could set up an ambush or at least get a little time to prepare? And before we do, perhaps get rid of some of the goblins supplies as we go around?" She asked, not really sure if the two of them could pull off a plan like that but at least it was a start to try to figure out something. They couldn't sit on the mountain for two or three days and wait for the dragon riders to come to their aid. The battle might be over before then and then this would be all for not.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 am

Atleon looked at Lena as she asked her question and began to furrow his brow in concentration. “It might work,” he said, trying to lay out a few more details in his mind, but it was hard to properly think strategy when there was no information on what they were getting into. “We can always try that. And we should try to cut off as many roads as possible. Breaking in a tunnel or two might not be a bad idea either, it would take them longer if they have to come back over the mountain, if the army we have encountered is actually going to come back.”

It would be quite useful if they could relieve the goblins of a few of their supplies, but he was unsure whether it would work. “If they have their supplies stashed away towards the outside of their camps, your plan might work; otherwise, we will have to come up with something else.” Stretching once more, the man put his boots back on and got onto his feet. “Let’s get moving though, we can talk while we walk and we need to cover a bit more distance before nightfall.”

As they were heading down the mountain on the other side, Atleon couldn’t help but wonder once more why the goblins had undertaken such a huge endeavour. Why did they want to war against the trolls, the dwarves, probably everything else which would come their way? Voicing his thoughts, he mused: “I just don’t get why. What is pushing them to do all this? This is something I would really like to figure out, and if all else fails, we can always listen in on them for a bit and try to gather some information.”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Lena listened to Atleon contemplate her ideas for a moment, not really sure if any of them would work herself, but they had to start somewhere right? Getting up and giving a stretch to her sore muscles, she followed after Atleon, as she continued to think. Before she could say anything more though, Atleon began to think on why the creatures were there in the first place.

"Goblins in general aren't that strong...so to take on the dwarfs seems like a really stupid idea..." She mumbled, thinking about the obvious miss match between the races. Perhaps they did something to anger the goblins? She shrugged, "I don't know if out time would be well spent listening in on them..." She added, not in an overly disagreeing tone, just more so a thoughtful one.

"I agree that it doesn't make sense though..." Lena fell into a quiet contemplative state for a few minutes and then sighed in a frustrated tone. "Perhaps for now we put that in the back of our minds till we can stall them." She followed along the path, looking over to Atleon. "Do you know anything about these lands? Where the dwarfs are located?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:31 am

“It is generally not very hard to anger goblins,” Atleon chuckled. “They rage over the smallest things, even if a neighbour looks at them wrong, they could start a feud over it. Usually it is not their style to start a full-blown war however. Minor arguments, fights, even the family feuds, but nothing on this scale has ever appeared before.” He was still amazed at how quickly this seemed to have surfaced. At Lena's next words, he looked at her briefly, thoughtful himself. “Maybe you’re right, we should not lose too much time listening to them; we might find out one way or another anyways.” But he still could not keep himself from wondering why. What was the real reason behind all this?

While they were tramping down the mountain path towards the lower regions in which the troll lands started, the tops of the many, many trees covering these parts could already be seen. Soon they would themselves enter the world of green in which the trolls preferred to reside. In answer to Lena’s question, he said: “The trolls like their lands green and rich. There are many trees and plants everywhere, a lot of small rivulets winding their way through. It is similar to a rainforest in some respects, but it is far more vast and more spread-out and harder to get entangled in everything. There are also quite a few swamp areas in their territory, so we will have to pay attention to those.”

Cocking his head to the side, Atleon considered what he had just said himself. “Maybe that would give us a small advantage over the goblins. If we were to lead them into a swamp somehow, we could always hope they’d either get lost in it or fall prey to it.” The prince was aware that the latter part sounded evil but after the first few losses, they would be slowed down a lot, which is basically all they needed. Looking at the avian, before nodding towards the crowns which grew bigger and closer with every step they took. “You will see for yourself soon as we will have quite the view once we pass the tree tops just about an hour longer down this path.”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:13 pm

The more Atleon spoke about the goblins, the more Lena didn't really like the sound of there choice of habitat. She was avian, her wings were her advantage but not in a dense forest. It would be no use to her in the canopy of trees and even more of a hindrance in the swamp lands if they were just as crowded by trees. She supposed she could fly low and that would work but Lena wasn't one to be distressed over such things for long.

"I think your idea to lead them into the swamps would be a good idea." She didn't catch if Atleon had thought the idea repulsive or evil. She would not give another thought to creatures who would attack others for evil reasons. And to her knowledge there was no way a goblin could be making a move on someone with good intentions.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 pm

As soon as they passed the height of the tree tops, an almost breathtaking view presented itself to the human and the avian. The canopy of leaves gave way to a rich green landscape, interspersed with glittering pools and rivulets of water here and there. Tangles of leaves and plants were hanging down from the trees in numerous places and the ground was sampled with a multitude of colourful flowers. It was easy to see that this land was very humid but rather fertile at the same time, if not for everything and certainly not for most of the crop other races would usually grow.

Atleon took in a deep breath of fresh air and savoured the taste of rain in it. “It’s going to take a while to get used to the humidity but it will rain soon enough, which should make that task a little easier.” They would get wet, but in the rainforest-like area they had just entered, that would be unavoidable either way.
The further down the path they went, the more they could feel the humidity creeping into every fibre of their being and the more the prince was noticing his shirt stick to his back. Yes, that was the downside of this place, the downside he had wanted to ignore. It made him feel uncomfortable and heavy in his movements, which in turn made him more edgy for unexpected movements.

“I’m not sure I would be able to go through with it however,” Atleon finally picked back up the conversation again, “knowing that they would most likely all die in the process.” He wasn’t sure he liked the relatively cold tone Lena had employed to make that statement; if he had heard right, then he wasn’t too fond of that way of thinking, but he could also understand the sentiment. “The goblin might be special in their ways and not the easiest race to get along with but they are not doing this out of their own wits. It was someone or something else pushing them into this, one way or another. And I would very much like to find out who or what.” Atleon mumbled the last bit more to himself than to Lena, especially because he knew he was repeating himself as he had said this before, but he was standing by his point.

A little further down below, two bulky men suddenly stepped out onto the path to block their descent. Their bare and visibly trained chests were glazed in sweat as were their clouded faces, and the huge broad swords they had strapped to their backs looked threatening. “Troll patrol,” Atleon hissed through his teeth. Their posture did not suggest any threat, yet, but Atleon preferred to be safe rather than sorry. It was not very clear how they would react to strangers now, if they knew about the goblin invasion already.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:38 pm

'Getting used to the humidity' was one thing, being in it was another story completely. Lena's clothes were wet with perspiration and clung to her like a second skin and was uncomfortable at best. She almost wished she had on something shorter than pants but knew that it would have been impractical for pretty much anything but this. She wiped her brow and turned her attention to Atleon. He sounded almost guilt about the thought of getting rid of the goblins and a frown crossed her features. "Don't get me wrong, I am not one to go looking for a kill with no reason..." She felt for some reason that she had to defend herself, not meaning to upset him in anyway if she had. "I agree finding the mastermind behind it all would be best..." But did they have the time to wait and find him? Lena wasn't sure they did.

Lena watched as they came over the next hill that there were two men coming up at them, and when Atleon whispered to her that they were Troll Patrol and look at him in a confused manner. She had never seen a Troll in person, nor did she know of their personalities. "Are they going to attack?" She asked, thrown off by the calm nature in which they were standing to block their path.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 am

“Don’t worry,” Atleon appeased, realising he might have expressed himself a little awkwardly, “I know what you mean.” He flashed her a small smile at this before turning his attention back to the situation at hand. The further down the path they had gone, the stronger the humidity had become and the prince slowly began to feel as if he were able to take a swim inside his own clothes. It would make it rather hard to keep a tight grip on his sword, but he would have to deal with it if the trolls were to suddenly change their attitude.

“I’m not sure,” Atleon replied, “it doesn’t look like it, in any case.” Taking a few more steps towards the trolls, who quietly kept watching them, seemingly unfazed by the sudden appearance of the two strangers. “The troll group, you know the one I’ve told you about earlier, might have told them that we would come through here.” It would be a logical explanation as to why these trolls were so extremely calm about their presence in a time of war. Or did they not know they had goblin troubles?

As the patrol came closer, the darker tone of their skins became more distinguishable, demonstrating a slight shade towards an olive-green. Trolls were bulky by nature, but these two were impressive specimens all by themselves and their faces looked like they’d been smashed into walls a couple of times. It might be natural, it might be because they had been in quite a few fights and battles – it was hard to tell. Atleon took a few more steps into their direction as well before coming to a halt a few steps away, trying in this manner to convey that they meant no harm and no disrespect to their folk.

The right one of the two guards suddenly called out something in trollish and Atleon helplessly lifted his hands and shrugged. With a glance to Lena, he replied: “We do not speak your language. We do not mean any harm.”
Grunting, the right troll huffed and said something to his colleague, who merely shrugged and replied: “Understand. Trolls told you came. Why?”
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:58 pm

If there was one thing Lena really didn’t like, it was the unknown. The unknown meant she was out of control of the situation and when she had left her home she vowed that wouldn’t happen ever again if she could help it. She sighed, running her hand through her rich raven colored hair to get it off her neck and eyed the trolls. “Worth a shot.” She ventured to Atleon. The troll tongue was harsh sounding, and they had a thick accent that Lena couldn’t place nor hope to understand. She gave a helpless shrug to Atleon when he turned his attention to her. There was something Atleon possessed which Lena wished she had more of, patience. Normally she wouldn’t stand to be stopped like this and would half mouthed off to get them out of her way to take to the skies. Sadly in this case, taking to the skies would be hard with the canopy of trees and she would more than likely get caught before she could make it past the thick barrier of trees.

In this case, she simply followed Atleon’s movement, putting her hands up in a non-aggressive manner and stood on the ball of her heels ready to take action if need be. When the troll spoke in the human language Lena found it was tough to her ears, like listening to rocks rubbing against one another. She decided to speak back to them, “Simply traveling.” She answered back, keeping the language simple so they could understand her.

The second troll, the one being spoken to came to some sort of realization as he looked to Atleon and turned to his partner reverting back to the troll tongue. “ Prince?” He asked, nodding his head to Atleon for a second and a wicked grin had come to his face. “They pay good money to get him back.” He commented, eying Lena for a moment and noted she could be a problem if they kept two people alive along enough to get information or ransom or anything else they were looking for.

Lena looked confused, not understanding what they were saying and looked to Atleon to see even if he had a clue as to what they were talking about and if it were bad or good. The grin on one of the trolls faces couldn’t have been a good thing but she let it go until something had happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)   "Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Insert Title Here" (Taj X Eldarwen)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next