Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Glancing back at Static in the chair, Armeno smiled to see her huddled under his cloak. It wasn't exactly like her normal self... But then, it had been a trying day for her. His eyes swivelled back round to Foen as the magician spoke, and he frowned.
'They were bad wounds, yes. But I've been injured before- it's inevitable with my lifestyle.' He obediently sat and let his arm be bandaged, cautiously sniffing the contents of the pot he had been handed. While he had learnt a while ago it was generally best to obey what a healer of any sort told him to do when it came to an injury, there was still no point in being stupid. But he dipped a finger into the pot and withdrew it again with a small blob of ointment on the end. Carefully and sparingly rubbing it into the burn, he replied,
'Sorry- I forgot in everything that was happening. I'm Armeno Narandal, and this is... Well, Static.' There was the name issue again. The ointment was cool and eased the stinging of the burn quickly. Armeno used no more, but screwed the lid back on the pot and looked round to Static as she moved over. After using the ointment he had laid his arm back on the table; he now watched as Static tied the ribbon around it. He smiled a little as he realised it was a similar emerald green to her cloak and clothes.
'Thank you,' he murmured. But his head and focus quickly snapped half to Foen as he made his inquiry. When /had/ she last spoken? This prolonged silence couldn't be a good sign, though she did seem a little better... He bit the inside of his lip, soemthing he was hardly prone to doing, as he thought back through the night's events.
'When she was giving me the potions, I think... She said sorry to me.' His mind had been a little blurred with alcohol and pain then, but he had sobered up from the cold ride and the wash, and he was in less pain now, so he was fairly sure of it.
'Is that bad? Will she be alright?' His voice was anxious as he turned back to Static and gazed at her expressionless eyes. He picked up the pot of ointment again, and removed the lid by holding the lot between his knees. He then took one of Static's red, peeling hands and began to smooth ointment into it, massaging the burns gently with his one good hand. The lotion was fragrant, a slight scent of lavender incorporated into the mix, and it left Static's skin a less angry shade of pink and a little softer.

Ciqala held his hands up either side of his head, edging closer to the helpful tail Zack had put out for him.
'Ok, sorry. Just thought it might help... Guess we'll be off now, then.' He hastily hopped onto Zack's back, checking the forcefields for flaws with his mind as he did. He had the feeling they might need them all too soon...
'Sorry. I think we better just get out,' he hissed to Zack, watching Tabri a little fearfully.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Foen nodded as Armeno talked, mostly concentrating on what he was doing. When he was done with the elf’s arm, he started on his torso, picking a larger roll of bandages this time. “Nice to meet you.” The fabric covered quickly, and Armeno was soon half-wrapped in bandages. He tied the last ends together then sat back, pleased at his work. As he saw the little gesture the two shared, his eyes widened slightly, then he gave an exaggerated yawn and got quickly to his feet.
“It’s late, I’m going to bed. You can use the first room on the right upstairs,” he pointed to one corner of the room, where a dark staircase lead upwards, “There’s a pair of beds in there. Use what you like, but don’t touch my equipment.” He headed for the staircase without looking back, until Armeno hailed him again. He stopped and half turned, trying not to sound too positive or too disheartened. “We can hope.”

Static’s hand curled involuntarily as Armeno started smoothing the palm with ointment, but she relaxed again as it cooled her skin. The tiniest smile twitched at one corner of her mouth as she breathed in the smell, reminding her of her childhood. Leaving her hand in Armeno’s, she bent over to rest the side of her head on the table, watching him. She curled her other hand inside his cloak, stroking a finger along the inside of the fabric.

Tabri’s eye flashed with anger as the tiny man backed up, the other still glued firmly shut. “It helped making it hurt.” Although she did have to grant that it didn’t hurt as much now, but still, it was the principle of the thing. She shot him, and his dragon, a black look, then looked to the sky, her wings snapping open then driving downwards, launching herself into the sky and disappearing in a flash.

“Good plan.” Zack whispered back, edging down the plant closer so Ciqala could get on easier. As the dragon shot him a dirty look, he assumed an innocent expression, then tightened his paws as she suddenly flew up into the air, her winds battering the plant down to the ground. He landed in a tangle, closing his eyes as dust flew up around them, then when the wind was gone scrambled onto his front, looking around fearfully.
“Let’s get out of here!”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

'Pleasure to meet you too. And thank you.' The words were soft but still there, issuing from Armeno's mouth as Foen tied off the last bandage. 'I'll try to take it easier with the arm, too.' Though he might speed things a tiny bit just before he went to sleep, when the energy loss wouldn't matter.
He frowned slightly at Foen's announcement; surely it was a little abrupt to retire so soon?- but quickly realised his real motives from the over-the-top yawn. And despite himself, he was very grateful for the gesture. Foen's parting words weren't exactly encouraging, but Armeno certainly would hope.
'Very well. Thank you very much; and sleep well.'

Armeno smiled as Static did, continuing to rub in the ointment. When he was finished, he gently reached inside the cloak and took out her other hand. He smoothed the lotion into the second and her face burns, then replaced the lid and put the pot back on the shelf; a smear of ointment remained on the bottom of the pot.
'Alright?' he murmured. He would have liked to go upstairs relatively quickly; Static looked tired, and he felt it. But he couldn't easily carry her upstairs with one arm, and he certainly wasn't going to wash her all over or change her clothes. He coloured at the very thought. So for now, he gently pulled her up from where she was half-lying on the table, and took her into his right arm. He uttered a mental curse at his broken arm; he would give a lot to have it whole right now. He sighed, deliberating in his mind, then whispered to Static,
'I'll be right back, stay here.'

He jogged out to the small stable, shivering at the cold; he had stupidly marched right out without his cloak on. But he grabbed the pack which Foen had left just outside the stable and lugged it inside, where he dumped it on a section of table which had a flat covering of books. He rummaged inside it until he came up with some food and water- he didn't know where from exactly, but it was there. However, there wasn't much, and be frowned at it discontentedly. Three doors lined the room, which Armeno tried; one was the door outside, one led to a room filled with yet more books and potions, and the third concealed a pantry, which was filled with food, tequila and brandy. Armeno smiled, taking two bottles of brandy, one of tequila, and a small range of food to supplement what he had. He then moved back to the table, took a deep breath, and cleared the things off it into neat stacks. He spread the food and drink out on it, then looked at Static.
'Static. If I pass out, and my hand is still on my arm, you need to take it off and slap me until I wake up. Okay? That's really important.' She wasn't exactly on top form, but he was pretty sure she'd be up to that. It was more conversation and everyday life that was an issue right now. He hoped.

He closed his eyes and placed his hand on the shattered bone, breathing slowly and steadily. He then began to channel his energy, using it to fuse and heal the fragments of bone under his skin and muscle. His tense position gradually weakened as he made a weak joint between each shard, then fractionally strengthened them one by one. After a couple of minutes, sweat had broken out on his brow and he was shaking. He pulled his hand away with a short groan, and sat weakly in the chair for a few seconds before clumsily picking up a bottle of brandy and taking a large swig. He rapidly consumed about half the food and the rest of the bottle, looking a little better afterwards. He then stood up, swaying a little, and scooped Static into his arms with a grimace. He carried her to the large and comfortable chair in front of the fire, weakly deposited her there, then took over the remaining two bottles of alcohol and placed them on the floor next to it. And then, he lifted her again, and flopped into the chair with her half on the rest of the chair and hf on his lap.

'I was going to take you upstairs, but even though the bone's strong enough now I'm not sure I'd make it,' he explained quietly. The healing was the most he had ever done, and it had taken a lot out of him. The alcohol had helped replenish him as well as the food, but it had also made him slightly drunk again. Before he probably wouldn't've sat with Static like this... Now, his exhausted and numbed brain couldn't put up much of a fight. It was the easiest option. And Static was warm, which was nice against his cold and bare torso...

Ciqala raised one eyebrow as the dragon took off.
'No idea what that was about, but I'd agree there,' he said, getting a hold on Zack's neck-pieces. 'To Racksom, then?'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Static scrunched her face up again as Armeno rubbed the burn lotion into her cheek, feeling a heat that she didn’t know was there slowly fade. His hands were warm and smelt sweetly of lavender, a little oily from the salve. She half-drooped as he pulled her upright, fatigued by her exertions over the day before and that night too, leaning a little of her weight on him experimentally, but it didn’t last for long as he whispered some words and left her alone. She leant back against the table instead, swaying a little and watching the fire- it had dropped to a steady glow, the coals burning a fierce red on their undersides. Somehow, it was worse than the leaping flames that it had started with, and it made her shiver. She pulled Armeno’s cloak closer around her, a thick woollen shield that would protect her. Of course it would protect her- It was Armeno’s.

When the elf returned, rummaging around in the bag he had lugged back with him she stepped closer, picking up one of the waterbottles and fumbling at the capper with her fingers. They kept slipping clumsily and she gave a little frown, tugging out the cap with her teeth and drinking thirstily before Armeno returned with more bottles from the pantry. The water was sweet, washing away the bitter taste of ash in her mouth. As Armeno spoke to her, the bottle slipped from her fingers, the little that was left in it spilling over her feet on the floor. Her face paled at his words and she sunk into the chair she had been sitting in before, a sick look on her face at the thought of having to slap him. It grew worse as he closed his eyes and put his hand on his arm, the worry in her eyes growing as he shook from the effort. It was like he was dying all over again, and she still couldn’t do anything… her breaths were shallow even as he took a gulp from a bottle, frozen in the chair like a statue. When he scooped her up in his arms she was like a stiff doll, her fingers stuck resisting in the folds of the cloak where she had taken hold of it again. She could feel his arms around her strong, but they also wavered a little under her weight.

She sat still in the next chair he deposited in, her eyes unseeing until he adjusted her position, picking her up and pulling her onto his lap. She blinked a few times, her eyes focusing on the fire's dull glow, the only source of light, then she turned her head and wrapped herself around the elf, buying her face in his chest and putting her arms around his neck. The cloak slipped off her arms, covering the two like a blanket. He was strangely cold to the touch, the many bandages rough and unnatural. She gave a strange hiccup, her dark waves of hair falling around her face and covering it from view. She gave another hiccup, then the tears were falling again, sliding down her cheeks before dropping onto his chest like rain. Her arms tightened around his neck, she wouldn’t let him go. She couldn’t let him go, not after seeing him so close to death twice in one night.

“Yeah, now?” squeaked the little dragon, scrambling to his paws as Ciqala got onto his back. His own takeoff stirred hardly a leaf on the grasses around as he zoomed into the air, getting free of the plants before starting out towards Racksom with as much speed as he could muster.

((if you can't think of anything for Ciqala, ne'er fear, just leave him out- They're on their way to Racksom anyway, and that'll take... Ooh, at least until the next morning, probably lunchtime, when they might just appear at a certain sorcerer's house? We'll need to match up the timings though, otherwise things are going to get more than confusing!))
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Armeno had been pleased to see Static drinking, and as she embraced him he thought briefly that she was coming out of her vacant trance. But even though the tears were far from the blankness which had covered her face before, they were a whole new issue. Armeno felt weak after the healing, but he had strength enough to wrap her in his arms; one around her shaking back and the other hand resting on the back of her dark head. His head came down too, his cheek resting on the top of hers, and tree he stayed, feeling the wetness of the tears trickle down his skin and soak into his bandages. He stayed in that same position for a long time, meaning to let Static cry herself out. But after a few minutes he lifted his head and gently stroked her hair.
'Everything's alright, Static... We're both going to be fine. Look, your hair's still dirty. We should get it clean... I'm feeling a bit better now, I can probably get up...' But even though he said the words, there was a large part of him which just wanted to stay in the chair with Static and go to sleep. Maybe he should have somehting else to eat and/or drink before he got up properly...

Ciqala let out a sigh of relief as they sped away to Racksom. The dragon might have left but he still felt safer heading away from it... After a few minutes, he dropped the forcefields and just scanned the sky around them occasionally.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Static felt Armeno’s arms wrap around her, but this only fuelled her tears, cascading down her cheeks like little waterfalls. She didn’t quite why it made her cry more, but everything was so muddled up- How could it feel so real when the world had fallen apart on her before? Although it felt much more than a dream.

As he spoke she slowly lifted her head, resting her cheek on his chest and looking up into his eyes. Her eyes were rimmed with red, her cheeks pale all over apart from the speckles where she had been burnt. A few light freckles showed across her nose, where they normally wouldn’t. She took a couple of deep breaths, the tears coming a little slower now as she looked him in the eyes, then shook her head. No, I want to stay here. She gave a gulp, sniffing away more tears. Were they really going to be fine? Was… was this really reality?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Armeno nodded, a little relieved.
'That's okay. We can stay here.' The crying had now slowed to a manageable pace; he took Static's face between his hands and lightly brushed the tears away with his thumbs. They glittered orange with the firelight as they fell through the air, shape distorted from the friction of their flight, and fell onto Armeno's chest with the rest of Static's tears. He found himself studying her eyes, just two or three inches away from his own. They were a subtle blend of colours; he supposed the best category would be hazel, but it didn't really do them justice. They had a base colour of relatively pale brown, which overlapped and merged with rings and portions of green; some vivid, some softer. He could look at her eyes for a long time, but he let his gaze wander across the rest of her face. She had strong features; he could see the lines of her cheekbones, and he gently traced his thumbs along the symmetrical contours of her face. Her hair was falling around her face yet again, and he slowly ran the one lock of it which they had both tucked back between his thumb and forefinger, before he firmly stowed it behind the ear which was pressed against his chest. It stayed there, or at least at that moment, and he smiled. Which brought his attention to her lips. They were a little paler than normal, but still flushed pink with the blood that ran through them underneath the thin skin. It suddenly occured to him how close her lips were to his; how easy it would be to lower his head just that tiny bit and touch his mouth to hers... With his mind slightly askew from the alcohol, it didn't seem like such an off idea. But he was still himself, at least in part, and so he began to stutter out awkward words.
'Static... I know we haven't been travelling together for very long, but... Well, I... I have become... I suppose I feel... Close to you, for how long we've been together. I would just like to ask if you...' He trailed off, ears low and bright red at the tips too, he was sure. That hadn't exactly gone well; he was sure he would have done better to just kiss her or not. Now, he raised his head a fraction, but continued to look down at Static.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:05 pm

The breath caught in Static’s throat as Armeno took her face in his hands, butterflies suddenly erupting in her stomach. This had to be real… His grey eyes flicked across her face, freezing her like a statue. She had never seen a grey that could be so warm- No more tears fell as his thumbs traced along her cheekbones, he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, sending shivers up her spine. It seemed the only breaths she could take were the shallowest, and she could feel her heart beating very fast. His ears were low and slowly pinked at the tips as he stuttered, suddenly becoming the elf she had known for the past few days again. Somehow, it just made her love him more, the way how he was so reserved, but determined at the same time.

As he raised his head, drawing slightly away, she suddenly tightened her arms, pulling herself up to meet his lips, kissing him. Her eyes drifted shut as she breathed in his heavenly scent, kissing him until she had to relax her arms and breathe again. She opened her eyes, finally knowing that this was reality, not the dream she thought it might be, that she was here, in his arms. Her lips were slightly parted for a moment, then she spoke a single word, her voice wavering on the word that she hadn't said in years.

“Kassandra.”

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Armeno's eyes slid shut as Static's lips touched his. Some part of his brain dimly registered the fact that her face was dry, bare of tears, but the majority of his kind was focused on Static, holding her head up to his in his arms. Strange, that after more than eighty years he had not found anyone he would want to stay with. And now, in this most unlikely of humans! But he felt nothing but joy, pleasure, delight that she obviously felt the same way as him. Where had their time together gone? Where had it come from? It had been only a few days, yet those days seemed like weeks or months. Perhaps he was wrong, but he felt he held an understanding of Static; at the very least, he knew the part of her which he loved; which, perhaps, was his. One thing he was sure of- part of him was hers, and it would be. Elves tended to be at extremes; flitting from one relationship to another, or, like him, taking so long to find the right person for them. And he had let her in so easily; even from when they had first met, with that fight! And then, just an hour or so ago, he had been thoroughly risking his life for her. As they parted, he breathed in her scent deeply. Behind the soap and lavender smells from the care she had register while here, the metallic tang of blood lurked malevolently. An unpleasant singed smell was also present; but at the bottom of it all was the scent Armeno had wanted to smell. Another tang, in a way, but sharp, bright. Like the power which Static could command, electricity.
And as Static's lips drew apart, Armeno's breath caught, leaving him with silence and Static's smell hanging by him as her whispered word rushed through him like a torrent of warm, cleansing water.
Kassandra. It seemed right, natural for Static's name. His eyes stayed fixed on her, as his mouth repeated the word with no sound. He didn't know why it did fill him such a feeling to know her name, but it somehow let him just trust her that bit further. Like he wouldn't've given his life for her already! He was always the protector, as he frequently found himself thinking. ((translation: sorry for repeating that so many times >.<)) He felt like he wanted to share something too; tell her his true name. But he had no further true name that he knew of, no great secrets which bubbled to his mouth. He just had a place; and he would take her there. But not just now.
'Kassandra...' he murmured, now giving some of his thoughts voice. 'It's perfect.'
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Static rested her head back on his chest, his skin slowly warming from the unnatural clamminess that it had held when he had first picked her up. He was still damp, but only from her tears. His lips motioned her name, her real name, and instead of the horror that it used to hold for her, before she had taken on her new name, there was a warm glow inside. Of all the people that she might have told her name to, she would never have thought it would be an elf she had met only three days before (had it really been only three days?), and never in a thousand years would she have thought that she would have told it to someone out of love. Because, she couldn’t deny it, that was what it was. And he seemed to like her name too, bringing a smile to her lips. The one person she had told it to, and he thought it fit.

She slowly unhooked her arms from round his neck, running her hands over his shoulders and onto his chest. Her palms tingled to the touch, making the sensation even stranger. It was a good strange though, not overly unpleasant- her hands hurt a little, but it was a dull throbbing pain, not really connected to the moment, more out of its time. She slipped her fingers under the top of his bandaged chest where Foen had been overzealous with the bandages, curling her hand over so the only way of letting go was for him to physically pull her hand away. The smile saying on her lips, her eyes slid closed slowly, still enjoying how close he was.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Armeno’s hands were still resting on Kassandra’s head, and now he began to stroke her hair away, tidying it with soft but deft movements. As she smiled, he let one hand drop to her mouth and gently brushed his fingertips over her curved lips. He shivered very slightly as her hands skated across his skin- though he wasn’t cold anymore. No, it was just the sensation of her hands, worn and injured but still soft and smooth, and their light touch on his chest. As her fingers slid under his bandages, he sighed and moved one arm around her back. The other he placed lightly on top of hers as he twisted his head down and round so that his lips could touch hers again, just brushing them slightly. He was sure at this point that the alcohol was clouding his judgement, but he felt happy and light, no worries and just happy to have Kassandra there in his arms and her hands on his chest, which held the heart that bore so much love for her.

He let his head rest on hers until his neck started to ache from the awkward angle.
'Kassandra,' he murmured. 'I don't know what time it is, but we've barely had any sleep. I think I can get us up to the room...' He shifted Kassandra on his lap, gathered himself and then stood in one slightly wild movement. He proceeded to climb the stairs, leaning on the wall about halfway up to collect himself again. When they reached the room, he carefully set Static on the bed and then sat down wearily on the other side. He pulled off his shoes, then swung his legs onto the bed and shuffled over to Static. He pulled her closer to him, tucking her head under his chin and winding his arms around her so that they clasped on her stomach.
'Comfortable?' he asked in a whisper, trying to avoid waking Foen. He was pretty sure they'd been downstairs in the chair for a while, maybe even dozed at some point. But right now, he was more than happy to go to sleep holding Static- provided she was as well.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:30 pm

Static slowly breathed out as Armeno tucked her hair behind her ears, her eyes lightly closed. She didn’t need to see, the touch of his fingers brushing over her lips, his arm strong around her back was enough… She could feel his heart beating on her fingers. Her eyes flickered open for a moment as he touched his lips against hers, but they sunk slowly closed again, her every breath sensuous. The perfection of the moment was tinged with the bitterness of nearly losing him only an hour ago, but it only seemed to make it more special.

She had started to drift off to sleep when Armeno shifted, not really paying much attention to his soft words in her half-asleep state. Her fingers curled tighter around his bandages as he stood, her spare hand snaking around to hold on to his shoulder. He was strong, but his arm hadn’t been healed long…

When he deposited her on the bed, her fingers uncurling as he moved away, she missed his warmth. His cloak made a soft blanket, but it was hardly a substitute. She was relived when he came back, fitting herself to his shape and tugging at the folds of the cloak that separated them until it lay over them both. She entwined her fingers with his, the ribbon she had tied around his wrist flopping over their hands. Its shimmering fabric was the last thing she saw before she closed her eyes and drifted off into sleep, a contented smile across her lips.

The next day was bright and sunny, unusually warm for so late in the summer. Outside the darkened room birds trilled melodies at each other, fluttering from the eaves of the house and eating the bread Foen had put out for them. A few clouds drifted across the sky, slow and serene against the blue. Beyond the boundary of the courtyard the city was busy with the late morning bustle of people. The jangling of a bell downstairs made Static stir, shifting slightly and opening her eyes. She blinked a few times, shedding her dreams. She had turned over in her sleep but was still tucked up against Armeno. She smiled, studying his face for a moment before laying a soft kiss on one cheek. His hair was tangled with sleep and had slipped off his ears, showing their full elfish length. Dulled voices came from downstairs, the click of the door, footsteps as Foen moved around the room. She pulled the cloak up from where it had slipped, her fingers tingling unpleasantly as she flexed them. She tried to ignore it, laying a hand on Armeno’s chest, but even the cool of his skin didn’t seem to help. She didn’t want it, she wanted the perfection they had had the night before, but it seemed like that had slipped away with the night before…
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Armeno willingly took Kassandra's hand as she slid it into his. As soon as he heard her breaths even and lengthen, he let go of his consciousness and drifted into sleep as well.

He woke as Kassandra's hand touched his chest. His sleep had been lightened when she had kissed him on the cheek- he got woken up easily.
'You ok, sleep well?' he asked quietly, listening to the voices and sounds of movement downstairs. He glanced down at her hand on his chest. The skin was red again, and cracked blistered.
'Hm, those burns are pretty nasty,' he said, carefully keeping his voice neutral as he sat up. 'There was a little ointment left, I'm sure that'll help.' He thought of his own burn, and lifted the bandages to check on it- it had a similar texture to Kassandra's hands, but it didn't hurt too much. Maybe some of the healing power for his arm last night had been diverted. Sidetracked once more, he carefully felt the bone. It ached very slightly and he was sure it was delicate, but his arm was useable and he was very grateful for it. He was still a little fatigued from the healing and he was tempted to go back to sleep, but he stayed sitting up and instead gently ran his finger through Static's hair. Like his, it was a bit knotted from sleep, and he teased out a tangle with his finger.
'Shall we go downstairs? I'm not sure what Foen's intending to do with us now...' He trailed off with a grimace as he realsied that he'd left out the half-drunk alcohol in his hazy state last night.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Static nodded, smiling a little at his concern. As he sat up she pulled her hand back, not wanting to get her blisters caught in his bandages- If they hurt already, that would make them sting like a thousand bees. She yawned as he checked his own burn, sitting up and letting the cloak fall in folds around her again. Her shoulder ached and she rolled it a couple of times, trying to get rid of the stiffness- seemed like the night before’s fighting coupled with sleeping on it had made the arrow wound Armeno had given her ache. She smiled again as Armeno ran a finger through her hair, tucking her knees up to her chest and resting her head on them. The elf still looked tired (and battered too, but that was expected).

She gave a small sigh and forsook the warmth of the bed, sliding off the edge and taking hold of Armeno’s good hand at the mention of Foen. She hadn’t been in much state the night before to take notice of the room, but now she saw there was another bed, a fireplace, window- it was just like a normal bedroom, with a couple of extra beds for anyone Foen was taking care of. She headed for the door, feeling her hand burn with heat in Armeno’s soft grip.

Foen was going about his normal routines as they padded down the stairs, their bare feet making little sound on the wooden staircase. The person at the door had been the barmaid from the night before, who had kindly delivered Tamarisk’s saddle after finding it abandoned. The table was covered in various ingredients as the sorcerer ground comfrey into a pot, adding oils and lavender to make more burn ointment. He noticed them as they wandered into the room.
“Awake already? I thought you would sleep at least into the afternoon.” He pointed to the saddle by the door. “That got delivered. There’ll be some more burn lotion when this has cooled- looks like you’ll be needing a fair bit of it, from the amount you two used yesterday- and bandages, and take whatever breakfast you want out of the pantry.” He gave a grin as he finished. “I’d stay off the tequila this morning though.”

At the mention of breakfast Static found she was suddenly hungry. Slipping her hand out of Armeno’s she headed for the pantry, using her foot to push the door open and save using her hand.
“Oh, and there’s a bathroom upstairs too if you want to wash.” added Foen, going back to his ingredients.

Zack and Ciqala had stopped for an hour's break as the sun rose the next morning, the little dragon flexing his wings. He wasn't used to carrying a weight, and flying for so long with one had made his joints feel very strange. As the city walls loomed high in front of them he gave a little crow of delight, heading straight up the side of the wall instead of taking the standard route through the gate. A guard looked at the pair in surprise as he flew overhead, turning his head this way and that to try and work out which way to go.
"Shall we try and find Foen's house?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Armeno nodded gratefully as Foen explained his current occupation. He glanced around at the room as Foen continued, then replied,
'Thank you very much.' And, slightly embarrassed, 'I'm so sorry about last night- I did some healing on my arm, that was to keep my strength up, and I wasn't thinking at all right afterwards.' But Foen didn't seem to mind, so Armeno gave him a quick smile before walking over to Kassandra, giving the barmaid a nod and another smile on his way, and taking the door off her foot. Holding it wide open with his left arm- and it felt so good to use it, even after such a short time of injury- he surveyed the contents of the pantry.
'What do you want?' he inquired of Kassandra- he noted that she hadn't talked since the night before when she'd told him her real name, and a brief spark of worry flared in him, but he ignored it. She was pretty much normal otherwise now, so probably fine.
'We could have some fruit... Bread...' Armeno reached around Kassandra and withdrew a small loaf of bread, two apples and a pot of jam of some sort.
'This look good to you?' he asked her, taking a bite from his apple as he began hunting for a knife to cut the bread- and a clear surface on which to put their breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Static picked up a jar of honey as Armeno pulled out more filling items, reading the label. It said it was Foen’s own honey, which meant that somewhere he must keep bees. There were more pots next to where she had taken one from, each filled with the sticky golden liquid.

Foen dropped his pestle like it was hot as Armeno said he had healed his arm. A little of the oil splashed across the table but he ignored it.
“You did what?” He watched the elf pull the door open with his left hand, huffing in frustration. The barmaid quickly excused herself from the house, shutting the door behind her with a hurried click. “You magicians… never know when to well enough leave alone! The potion I gave you yesterday would have taken care of that arm fast enough, how do you know your magic is strong enough to make the bone hold?” he pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to keep his cool. He had never had much patience with those who could use magic due to a combination of his potions not being as strong as using magic, and the fact that he couldn’t use it himself, something that had always made him raw. He folded his arms, leaning against the table.
“What were you going to do if you passed out before you were done? Don’t try and tell me it doesn’t happen, I had to rescue a friend of mine once when she was doing that, and she was much better shape than you were last night!” He ran a hand through his hair, frustrated in case he wasn’t getting his point across.

Static peeked from behind Armeno as Foen spoke, watching the sorcerer’s face turn from one of astonishment to slow annoyance. She twisted the pot of honey in her hands, wanting to interfere, but not really knowing how.

“Hey, I know where we are!” exclaimed Zack, fluttering off over the houses at a pace. “We’re really close to his house!”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Armeno glanced at the honey Static had picked out, having time to briefly scan the label before he heard Foen's agitated cry. He quickly turned, watching the sorcerer vent in silence with his ears dropping a few millimetres. Once Foen paused, raking one hand through his hair, Armeno nodded once and quietly replied,
'I'm sorry, Foen. I just felt that with my lifestyle I really needed basic use of my arm. The bone isn't fully healed yet, it needs strengthening, which I'm sure your potions can do an admirable job for. And if I gave Static instructions that if I passed out with my hand still in contact with my arm, she had to remove it and slap me awake.' He gave Foen a look; slightly apologetic, but one eyebrow was raised a fraction. 'Like I say,' he continued, 'I'm sorry, but I had reason and I've used my magic to heal before. I know my limits.' He hoped Foen would be reasonable; while he didn't really know the man well, he suspected that it was largely that he wanted control of the situation, and possibly regretted not being able to use healing magic outright himself. Armeno now glanced back at Static's face, slightly uncertain. He really did have to get her to talk; he couldn't really be convinced she was alright until she did. Foen's words the previous night had worried him a little.

'Great,' said Ciqala. While he was sure Zack had more reason than him to be tired from their flight, he was definitely ready to be on something solid again. He was used to the height now, but it still felt unnatural. He hoped Foen would give Zack a strength spell as well if they were going to stay together for long flights...
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:48 pm

Foen huffed again, picking up the pestle and mashing at the concoction in the stone bowl. “You bet they do a good job.” He muttered, sprinkling lavender into the bowl with the comfrey. He hardly started before he had stopped again though, folding his arms and pointing with one finger.
“And she’s really in the sort of shape to be doing that sort of thing- She hasn’t spoken since we came back from the inn, has she?” he deliberately avoided the subject of magic, knowing enough about it, but his interest had waned considerably when he found he couldn’t use a single spark of it. “You expected her to slap you awake, when she was out-of-it enough yesterday to be avoiding the fire?”

Static flinched when the sorcerer turned his words on her, her fingers tightening around the jar of honey. Why, she might have been “out-of-it” yesterday, whatever that meant (she had to admit, a lot of yesterday after the tavern was a blur, until it came to sitting in the chair with Armeno), but she certainly knew what was happening now. She frowned as his words got more heated, and a few tiny sparks of electricity twisted their way down the front of her hair like glow-worms.

Zack flew the stretch to Foen’s house with an air of memory hanging around him- He had done this flight many times before- Not as much as the house to the bakery and back, but a fair few, it had to be said. As he took a couple of circles around the courtyard, judging the best place to land, he noticed that there were horses in the stable, tack outside.
“He must have company, Foen doesn’t like horses, he would never even loan one, let alone buy two!”

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Armeno skirted around the point of Static avoiding the fire, largely due to the fact that he was a lot more interested in Static's condition now.
'She hasn't said anything more than one word,' he said quietly. 'But I'm sure she's a lot better. Just...' He now turned his head towards Static, frowning very slightly and eyes tinted with concern. 'Are you really alright? You've been so quiet...' He gazed at her for a second more, then glanced back at Foen. 'Sorry, I don't mean to rush you, but how soon will the ointment be ready? Her hands are quite sore...' He picked one up and brushed his fingers over her palm. His eyes followed a green spark twining its way between the strands of her hair, and he frowned.
'What is it?' he asked, tucking away that one persistently irritating strand of hair yet again and putting their breakfast materials on a stack of books. He looked around once more, trying to locate a knife- or, indeed, any cutlery- and he was about to inquire of Foen when he saw a shiny bread knife apparently floating on the ceiling. When he stretched up and tried to pull it off, he found he couldn't.
'What the...' he muttered with a frown. He realised mroe cutlery was sprinkled all over the ceiling, all irremovable.
'Why is there cutlery stuck on your ceiling?' he asked Foen incredulously, face disbelieving as he looked at the erratic sorcerer.

Ciqala made a slight face at the horses; they were just as bad as some dragons, though obviously not firebreathing.
'Can't say I blame him,' he muttered, before speking more clearly. 'Are we gonna just head inside, then? He doesn't mind you visting? And the visitors won't freak out or anything?' He had certainly had enough of things trying to kill them for a while.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:38 pm

Foen shook his head in annoyance and went back to mixing the ointment, grinding it into a smooth paste before pouring it into a sturdy jar. He knew that the elf was hardly going to listen to him now, distracted as he was by Static. “Soon. When it’s cooled.” He put the jar into a bowl of cold water, watching the surface of the ointment glaze over as it hardened into a solid.

Static kept her eyes on Foen as he gave up, simmering with anger. It dissipated quickly as Armeno took hold of one of her hands though, letting go of the honey pot. Her fingers curled as they came away from the pot- She hadn’t realised how much they had been hurting, gripping it so tightly, and now she could hardly feel his soft touch. She gave a whimper and put the honey next to the other food that Armeno had picked up, the fingers of her other hand curling involuntarily over too.

Foen looked up at Armeno’s incredulous voice, his eyes flicking to the ceiling. “Oh that? My sister and her friend Zack thought it was funny to steal my cutlery and stick it all over the ceiling. I think she used magic, it’s been stuck there for months.” he gave a grin, his bad mood fading. “There’s more in the drawer over there though, I bought more.” He pointed to a drawer by the sink, checking on the pot of ointment again. It was smooth to the touch and he hooked it out of the water, drying the pot with a teatowel.
“Come here girlie, let’s deal with those hands.”

Zack gave a little laugh as he landed on the windowsill next to the door, catching hold of the long rope of the doorhandle with both hands.
“No, he’s never minded visitors before. Anyway, Foen’s house is strange, he’s got ghosts in the cupboard and a whole room full of sparkly rocks! We’re the least strange thing that you’ll find in this house.” And with that he gave a tug on the bell, making it jangle inside.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:14 pm

Armeno nodded at Foen's words, but as the sorcerer had predicted he wasn't really focused on him. As Static let out a small, pained sound, Armeno winced slightly and glanced at the ointment in the water, willing it to cool quickly. He raised his eyebrows briefly as Foen explained the cutlery, but he was still tense and mostly thinking of Static. He gave a sigh of relief when Foen announced that the ointment was ready and he moved away from Static to the sink. After rummaging briefly in the drawer, he came up with a handful of cutlery and nudged the drawer shut with the back of his hand.
'Who's Zack?' he asked Foen curiously. He had just dumped it on the table, giving Static a smile, when he heard a bell ringing. His head whipped instinctively round, and he raked the area for the source of the noise before realising it was the doorbell and relaxing. He wasn't entirely what he'd thought it was, but then you could never really be sure of anything.
'Should I get that?' he asked uncertainly. 'You're busy with the ointment...' He peered out of the window to see who it was, then blinked in surprise as he saw the two little figures.
'It's... A small white dragon who looks like origami and a man a bit less than a foot tall. Uh, do you know them?' He'd seen some strange things in his time, and he could get over a tiny dragon, but the fact that it seemed to be made of paper and the minature human... Well, the pair certainly weren't anything he'd seen before.

'Okay then,' said Ciqala. Foen did sound like pretty unique guy, it had to be said. Maybe it would actually be a human Ciqala could get on with... He started as he saw a human in the window from the corner of his eye. No- an elf, he corrected himself as he saw the pointed ears. He studied the interior of the house- while he couldn't see much yet, it certainly did look interesting in there.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:37 pm

Static stepped towards Foen as Armeno hunted for cutlery, sitting on the chair he pushed out with one foot. He took hold of one of her hands and plopped a dollop of ointment onto her palm, making her rub it in herself as he retrieved his bandage box.
“Hm? Yeah, the door’s just on the latch.” He started winding bandages around Static’s hands, wrapping them up her fingers and down to her wrists without looking up to see who their new visitor was. Static watched him, flinching every so often as he wrapped more bandage over her hands. Eventually he gave her a tap on the arm like a child, telling her to stop.

“A little white dragon? Well speak of the devil, that’ll be Zack. There’s someone else too?” he looked around, giving a laugh as he saw the little paper dragon press his face against the window, pulling a face. “Yeah, that’s Zack alright.” He turned back to Static and finished with the bandages, tying them in near knots on her wrists. “Those should hold. If they start to hurt again, we’ll put some more ointment on them.”

Static flexed her fingers tentatively, the bandages feeling strange against her skin, but not painful. The ointment that Foen made certainly worked fast. She twisted round and picked up the spare apple that Armeno had left behind, biting into it and munching quickly. Juicy and delicious- her favourite. Had Armeno worked her out so quickly, or did he just like apples too?

Zack pushed his face against the window when the door wasn’t answered immediately, pulling a face against the glass. The closest person was an elf, but he didn’t know who that was. There was Foen sitting at the table, making no move to get the door- lazy!- and another woman sitting opposite, obviously one of the owners of the horses in the stable. He pulled his face away from the glass and wrapped his tail around the bell pull, tugging on it furiously to make the doorbell ring again.
“He’s not even moved, he’s so lazy!”

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Armeno started to move to the door, a little warily, when Foen spoke again. He glanced back at the window and blinked a little at the face the dragon was making, his tiny head pressed against the glass. He was moving back to the door once more when Foen spoke to Kassandra; he looked round to see her hands wrapped in neat white bandages, and her looking a lot better while chewing on an apple. He had time to give her a grin before the doorbell tolled, loud and long. He hurriedly spun round again and opened the door to admit Zack.
‘Hello,’ he said. ‘Sorry about that, Foen was just bandaging Kassandra’s hands up.’ He stepped back from the door. ‘Come in.’ He didn’t really want to say too much; he’d never met the dragon before, and normally he would have skipped the explanation in the middle. But the words had just seemed to slip out. He was a lot more relaxed here than he ever was normally, he realised.

Once the dragon had come inside, the biped on his back, Armeno shut the door and turned back to Static. He sat on the edge of the table as he sliced bread, spread honey or the jam-like preserve on each piece, and then split the food between Static and himself.
‘Oh, Foen, Zack... Um, Zack’s friend,’ he said suddenly. ‘Would you like anything?’ He thought that seeing as Foen had told them to take whatever they wanted, it would be a little impolite to not offer any food to the others there.

Ciqala pulled a face.
‘Most humans are. I mean, I run or jog everywhere, for a start.’ He looked around in interest as Zack entered- there was certainly plenty to see in the room. He hadn’t got it all through the window. A scent of lavender hung in the air, amongst other smells, and he wondered vaguely where it had come from.
‘Uh, hey. I’m Ciqala... I just met Zack yesterday.’ He glanced up at Armeno. ‘You’re not Foen, right?’ Now turning to Foen- ‘Is that you?’

Armeno shook his head as he sat down.
‘No, I’m Armeno. Foen’s guest.’
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:26 pm

Zack zoomed through the door as the elf pulled it open, giving him a curious glance before heading for the table. He gave the sorcerer a whack over the head with his tail as he flew over, the little draft from his wingbeats scattering the ruins of comfrey and lavender strewn across the table.
“Lazy! Still getting other people to do your work for you then Foen?” he said, a cheeky grin on his lips. He looked up at the elf as Foen dived for the papers that started to slip off the table. “Kassandra?” he looked to the woman sitting at the table, inspecting her carefully for a moment.
“You smell like cinders. Wood cinders, and brimstone too.” He gave a sniff. “Did something burn down?”

Static watched the little dragon and his rider enter with some surprise- If the house wasn’t strange enough already, now there were tiny dragons too? Her eyes flicked to Foen as Zack stared at her, her chewing slowing for a moment until he looked away.

Foen straightened up from underneath the table, piling the papers he now held on a free piece of table. The house was looking more and more like a whirlwind had rushed through it, papers and books and travelling bags and potions spread from surface to surface and across some of the floor too. He patted the paper dragon on the end of his nose with one finger, leaning on the table to address Ciqala.
“Foen? That would be me. You’re back surprisingly fast Zack, I thought you were going away for a bit longer this time?”

Zack huffed in indignation, flaring his head fins. “I wish you wouldn’t do that." He turned to the elf. "No thank you… Armeno?" Then back to Foen again. "Unless you’ve got a new stock of butterflies, because those last ones were delicious!”

“No no, you’re not eating my new stock!” The sorcerer waved a finger, knowing the dragon would be on the hunt immediately. Static took the offered piece of bread and honey, giving Armeno a smile. Tasted much better than anything she ever made.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 pm

As Zack touched down on the table, Ciqala thankfully tumbled inelegantly from his back and stretched. He had enjoyed the flight, but his muscles weren't exactly accustomed to it.
'Ugh, that killed my legs,' he moaned. He stood up straight though, and looked at Foen, when he was spoken to.
'Hey. And... Well, we ran into a little difficulty.' He gave a slightly twisted smile. 'I'm sure I could've handled it... Just not sure how long for.' He stood and listened to the sorcerer and dragon converse, and then glanced at Armeno.
'Uh, I guess so, yeah. Thanks.'

Armeno nodded at the dragon's reply, slightly relieved- he had no idea what the dragon ate. He watched Zack and Foen talk a little absent-mindedly, eyes flickering to Static's face. He smiled back at her when she took the bread, and bit into a piece of his own. The honey was sweet and fragrant in his mouth as the flavour spread across his tongue, and he closed his eyes for a second to enjoy the taste. But they slid open again as Ciqala spoke.
'Of course... How much would you like?' Armeno really wasn't sure how much Ciqala would want, but he was sure it wouldn't be much.

Ciqala regarded the bread for a second.
'A piece the size of my hand should be good, I think,' he said. Armeno cut off a small square of bread with jam and handed it to Ciqala, who took a large bite and chewed hungrily.
'Mm, that's good,' he mumbled through a full mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogue and El- A Chance encounter   Rogue and El- A Chance encounter - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rogue and El- A Chance encounter
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next