Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 pm

The Antler dragon smiled slightly, thinking that her rider would enjoy this little town if it was really as quaint as her new companion said it was. Dawn had always liked things like that. But she was not here so Taya decided to enjoy it in her stead. "That sounds delightful," she replied with a slight nod. "Small towns are always my favorite. Granted the bigger ones have more extravagant settings and parties and things but the little ones are usually so friendly and welcoming. Not to mention peaceful." That was most important to her, above everything else, and the same went for Dawn. Which might have something to do with the Antler's reasoning, though she would never admit it.

"I agree," Taya said, attempting to stifle a yawn but mostly failing. Smiling apologetically she added, "It has been a long day." Glancing up at the roof, listening to the rain fall on it, she nodded in agreement. "With any luck it will. I see no reason why it should not. Long rains are rare around here, or so I have heard."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:40 pm

“I’ve never seen a particularly long rainy season, so I would presume this is just going to be a quick storm.” Celölas said, before yawning widely. She had been up since dawn, and was quite ready to drop off again.

“I might try to catch up on some sleep soon, if it’s all the same to you. I’ll show you around properly tomorrow, when the rain has at least lessened.” She smiled, yawning again. Meeting Taya had given her a lot to think about, so with any luck she would have pleasant dreams that night.

Through the tiny gaps in the heavy cloud outside, Celölas could see the dying shades of what would have been a golden sunset, and felt another yawn forcing its way up her throat. She masked it by shuffling around in her nest to find a more comfortable position, but she could feel her eyelids drooping as she did so. She could only stay awake for so long, and this was pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 11:26 pm

"I have," Taya replied, glancing at the rain falling gently outside. Well at least they were not in one of those areas now, though the rain could very well continue. But they would just have to wait and see wouldn't they.

"I do not mind," Taya added softly, resting her head on her paws as she watched the clouds drift by, savoring any brief flash of sunlight she saw until finally they all disappeared and night fell. She did not really sleep, instead taking short naps throughout the day whenever she got tired. It led to a rather disjointed sleeping schedule, but Taya did not mind because it let her keep an eye on her rider at night. And during the daytime, but that was beside the point. Finally she began to get tired and closed her eyes, drifting off into a light doze for the rest of the night.

~~~~~

Morning seemed to come quickly to Taya, and she had to wonder if she had slept more heavily than usual. It would certainly make sense, seeing as she had been out wandering the streets for a good amount of time, getting far more exercise than she usually did. Besides that Dawn was not there, requiring a watchful eye. So sleeping heavily was not a problem.

Either way it was now time to get up. Doing so as quietly as possible, so as not to wake her companion, Taya moved halfway out into the street, looking around curiously. The town looked simply adorable now that she could actually see it, and the Antler was eager to get out and begin exploring. But she could wait patiently until Celölas woke.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Celölas drifted asleep quickly after the sun set, but her dreams were not peaceful. As son as she lost consciousness, her vision was tinged with a frightening red-black shade, and images danced before her. They looked like silk scarves drifting in a breeze – made of naught but air, and in such fluid shapes that it was impossible to pin one down. In the dream, Celölas bared her teeth at the things, but they continued to float around her, whispering to her. /Dance with us, Celö./ they whispered innocently, in voices like velvet. However, she could taste the bitter, metallic tang that they brought with them on her tongue, and hissed at them violently. “Get out! Leave me alone!” she shouted after the apparitions, feeling fearful for a reason she couldn’t quite place in this dark, dream-world.

/Just a taste, Celö, that’s all it takes. Just one drop of our glistening, red honey…/ the voices continued to taunt, bringing with them smells of raw meats. Celölas bucked helplessly (a movement that was probably visible in the waking world too – she tended to toss and turn in her sleep) to get away, before giving a shriek as the dark ghosts rushed at her, grinning with half-formed mouths.

Her eyes snapped open and she bolted to her feet, the echo of her scream ringing through her mind. Her fur was drenched in cold sweat, and she was panting madly. However, she relaxed after only a moment of two – the light sky outside chasing away the lingering dreams. She turned to face Taya as her head cleared, and gave a bright smile – hoping that her nightmare hadn’t been too visible before she woke. “Good morning. Did you sleep well?” she asked brightly, twitching her long ears and shaking the sleepiness out of her limbs to welcome in the new day.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:17 am

Taya thought she heard something, and it took her several minutes to figure out what it was. Her new companion seemed to be having some sort of bad dream, for she was twitching slightly and seemed to be mumbling something, though the Antler was not completely certain. However the dream passed quickly for Celölas woke with a jolt and Taya averted her eyes so that she would not appear to have been watching. Concern just came naturally for her, and instinct told her to ask what had been going on, to sooth whatever nerves had been ruffled by the dream. It was what she would do for her rider, and apparently now extended to those she had just met. However Taya got the feeling that her questions would not be wanted, and so remained silent in that respect.

When Celölas greeted her Taya nodded slightly, turning back to her. "A pleasant morning to you as well," she replied with a gentle smile. "And yes I did thank you. More so that usual actually, which is a little strange but welcome." Returning her vision to the city again she nodded in the vague direction of the sky, adding, "At least the weather has improved." That was something to really be grateful for, especially after spending the last day getting soaked. Well, at least now they could move around in comfort, although that could change of course.

"So, know of a place where a girl can get a drink?" Taya asked, her tail swishing slowly from side to side as she contemplated the buildings around her, which she could now properly see for the first time. At the moment she did not want to take her eyes off of them.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:13 am

“It depends upon what sort of drink, but there is a whole street lined with taverns not too far away. It should be quiet too, since it’s morning” she said brightly, glad that Taya had not commented on her sudden awakening. The tail end of the dream had all but slipped away now, and all that remained were the little muttering voices in the very back of her mind, waiting for an opportunity to show themselves to the world.

“The barkeepers will have swept the street too, but watch out for any little bits of glass that they have missed.” She added, still slightly paranoid about the dangers of the aftermath of a busy night. She hoped it didn’t show too much, but then again she /did/ keep mentioning the danger if a fragment of glass…

“Either way, we should probably get out of the barn – it looks nice outside, and the little ones will probably want their playhouse back at some point.” She smiled, trying to fight the big empty feeling deep inside that told her she had to leave before she got any more attached to the little humans. She had so enjoyed the little, quiet village, but she had used up her time there days ago.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 am

"I really only drink water," Taya replied, knowing it was a strange thing but not really caring. Many dragons she had met drank stronger things, as did pretty much every human besides her rider, but Taya had no real interest in anything else. "But I suppose a tavern will have that. Though... I do not see how I will fit." However quiet sounded nice to her. While she liked people and had no problem with them the Antler had a sinking suspicion that her rider's personality was rubbing off on her.

"Of course," Taya replied to the other's concern, thankful for the warning though it was not really necessary. In towns and other places with cramped quarters Taya was always watching her step and surroundings to avoid destroying anything inadvertently. The first time she and Dawn had entered a town together she had accidentally knocked over a fruit stand and caused a small scene of chaos, forcing the pair to leave. So naturally she had become used to moving carefully.

"I agree, it is a lovely day, we should be out in it," the Antler said, stepping out into the sunlight, away from the building slightly, so that she could spread her wings, lifting them up in the air until they caught the wind, feathers fluttering in the air.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 pm

“If not there are a few with seating outside, and there’s a well behind the one in the very middle which is full of water.” Celölas said helpfully, pulling a strand of straw out of the fur around her tail-stump. The tail may have been gone, but she still fussed almost constantly about what was left. She was a very tidy dragon, and liked to know she looked her best.

Following Taya out into the open, Celölas gazed up at the sky, which was bright and blue, with the yellowish tinge of morning sunshine. The ground was damp, and she pulled a face as she stepped in a puddle, but it looked like the whole town would have dried out by midday. It was all looking quite promising, actually, and she still held high hopes that today would go well.

As they emerged onto the street, Celölas’ ear twitched as she heard a noise. “That sounds like the little ones coming back – we should probably go.” She said, setting off slowly towards a nearby street, which she was sure had a tavern or two on, or at least a well.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:38 pm

"That sounds perfect," Taya replied, again conscious of her height. It was such a pain sometimes, but at least no one messed with her. And by extension, Dawn. Which was a good thing, well worth the trouble it got her into sometimes. After all, she would rather get in trouble for knocking things over and not be able to fit into most buildings than get eaten.

The Antler glanced back at her companion as she stepped out into the daylight as well, smiling faintly at the wince. At least it had stopped raining, that should count for something, or so she thought. When the other dragon mentioned the kids Taya looked around, hearing them approaching. Though she did not really understand the other's aversion to them she was not particularly fond of them herself and so voiced to complaint, following along silently. "At least the weather is better," she commented finally.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:33 pm

“Indeed, it is much better. In fact, I would go as far as to say it’s rather good.” Celölas smiled brightly, trying to move quickly to avoid the now fast-approaching little ones. However, she didn’t quite move fast enough, as one little girl turned the corner and caught sight of her tail. “Celly! You’re here!” she cried excitedly, running over to the shade runner gleefully. Celölas’ features softened into a smile, and she turned around, her previous apparent dislike of children melting away as the little girl grabbed her fur and hugged her. “It’s nice to see you, Lilly.” She said to the little girl, placing her big head on top of the girl’s tiny one. It was official: she was far too attached, but she couldn’t help herself.

As the sound of the others grew louder, Celölas pulled herself free of little Lilly’s grasp, and straightened up again. “I have to go – I have grown up things to do today. Play nice with the others.” She said, in a motherly voice, before darting back to Taya’s side. Lilly looked at Taya with wide eyes, having never seen a dragon bigger than Celölas before, but ran off towards the others happily/ Celölas watched her go with a smile, before falling back in beside Taya quietly.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 10:41 pm

Taya tilted her head to one side slightly, curious as to what the other dragon's rush was. Especially when the little girl ran up and was greeted so warmly. Again Taya lowered her head, peering at the child underneath her wing with an interested expression, saying nothing and calling no attention towards herself. After all, she did not want the children to grow attached, and she had no need for them anyway. Best to simply blend in with the surroundings and let Celölas greet the little ones.

However her abrupt farewell also surprised Taya, who had thought she would want to stick around since her apparent distaste of children no longer existed. Perhaps there was some deeper reasoning behind it, or she was an excellent actor. Either way, it is none of my business, Taya thought, deciding not to mention it. After all, Celölas had not pried into her life.

Realizing that she had been noticed Taya rumbled a greeting, her tail swishing from side to side slowly until the little one rejoined her group. "They certainly are cute," the Antler dragon commented, falling into step with Celölas as they headed down the street again.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Celölas may have departed quickly, but she couldn’t deny that it ached her heart to do so. “Yes, they are cute. Lilly and her sister are at a really cute age now too – they call me Aunty Celly if they’re in a good mood.” She smiled wistfully, looking over her shoulder at the playing children. She turned her head forward, feeling melted. She had wanted to be able to slip away, but those kids were just too precious. She hated that she couldn’t stay with them – she wished more than anything that she could trust herself.

“We need to turn left at that next corner, by the way.” She added, nodding towards the curve in the road a little way ahead, trying to cover the fact that, underneath her slightly puffy fur, she was turning red. She didn’t know why she was embarrassed – maybe she had gotten so used to appearing hardened that that sort of affection was like weakness to her. She felt all mixed up – too attached, and it scared her. She had to get out of town, and soon.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:09 am

"They are, for human children," Taya said, nodding in agreement. While they were absolutely adorable, she much preferred dragon hatchlings. Not that she saw many of them of course. "But I must admit that is cuter than usual." She could not quite help glancing back at the little ones, though she promptly returned her gaze to the street ahead. The last thing she needed to do was slam into something because she was not paying attention. Perhaps humans and smaller dragons could get away with it, but Taya was too big for that.

"Ah good to know," Taya said, fluttering her wings slightly, making the feathers rustle together slightly. Noticing her companion's vaguely obvious discomfort, more visible in her stance than anything else, Taya extended one wing for a moment, nudging her to attract her attention. "You know, I hear that a lot of humans are hiring dragons to watch over their children instead of other humans," she commented, vaguely remembering something that Dawn had said to her a while ago. "I guess they think we are better equipped to take care of them or something, imagine that."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:51 am

Celölas managed to collect the melty bits of motherly mush that made up her mind right then, and settled herself into a more sturdy position to think. She had to stop letting them get to her like that. Luckily, as far as she could tell, Taya hadn’t noticed her discomfort.

Or had she? Her comment almost caught Celölas by surprise. “Are they? Well, not around here they aren’t – you don’t get many dragons around here really – I think I’m the only one that’s been here more than a week at the moment.” She commented, almost wishing that wasn’t the case. In a town where dragons were a little more commonplace she might have been able to settle down – at least for a while.

“Yeah, I don’t think I’d fit the criteria.” She added quietly, half to herself, but just loud enough for Taya to hear. She sounded kind of deflated, and although she managed to pick her mood back up almost instantaneously the dip in her emotions was tangible. She hated that her life was a constant battle to stop herself killing something – it just didn’t suit her at all.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Taya nodded in response. "Yes, generally the richer families of course, and they spend forever finding the right one, but I have heard it is the case." Granted she had never met one of those nanny dragons, but the information had come from a reliable source. "Perhaps it will help people become more used to and accepting of dragons," the Antler continued, thinking of the times she had been chased out of a town because the humans there had proved to be completely against her kind.

"I suppose most tend to stay in the wild because of how we are treated," the Antler sighed, shaking her head slightly. "I mean, do not get me wrong, I have met plenty of people who are incredibly kind, but still..." One heard so many stories. And if the ones about the new faction made completely of dragons determined to eradicate people were true then things could only get worse that she saw. And what were they supposed to do when they came after riders? She could not think of anyone who would let their rider be killed without a fight. She certainly would not.

Taya shrugged slightly in response. "Well I think you would be but then, I do not know you all that well, so I could be wrong." And it was really none of her business either. "I probably could but I doubt Dawn could handle it. I believe they stress her out, poor thing. Though I still believe that she could handle it if they were her own. However she will never settle down that I can tell."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

“Well, rich families will do anything these days.” She said, shrugging. She had never heard of it happening before, but she always moved away before the time came when she was privy to that sort of knowledge within a town. It was a lonely way to live, moving on so often, but it was the only way…

“Hmm, yeah, I suppose. Some humans are just rotten to the core, and won’t let us dragons anywhere near them.” She said, remembering the towns she had been kicked out of on sight, just because she wasn’t a human. Maybe living in the wild was a good idea – she’d never thought of that. But, oh, wait, that would mean she had to hunt, and she would never be able to manage that with a clear conscience. The term ‘wild’ would apply to her more than any other dragon, she figured, and she didn’t want to become the monster that lurked in the back of her mind full-time.

“I can guarantee you nobody would want me looking after their little ones – I’m not good with kids.” She added, laughing a little as if to shrug off the fact that she wished the opposite was true. Maybe she should just tell Taya the truth – about why she couldn’t smell blood. If the antler dragon asked, she would gladly tell her, but she couldn’t quite bring herself to just say it – it was a touchy subject, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 am

"Indeed they will," Taya agreed, making a slight face. "They can be quite annoying actually, when they get stuck up and all that." Granted she had not met very many people like that, and some of them had not even been rich now that she thought about it. Generalizations never worked, the Antler knew that, which was why she stayed away from them. "Though I have met some very nice ones," she added, to balance her statements. After all, it would not due to be rude in any way.

"Indeed. They do not understand us at all, nor to they try," Taya said, sighing quietly. If only humans and dragons could learn how to get along, perhaps then things would be better in this world, though that did not seem likely to ever happen. And unless it did soon, it seemed as though one species would have to leave, and Taya was not particularly happy about that idea. After all, she did not want to have to leave Dawn, nor have her rider be forced to leave her. Perhaps it would be possible to find a place deep in the wilderness to hide, though that did not seem like a fun thing to do, unless of course they could find some sort of companion, be it friend or mate. However she thought it highly unlikely that Dawn would ever find a mate, though she kept waiting hopefully for that day.

Taya glanced at her new companion interestedly, having seen quite the opposite from what she claimed just a moment ago, but said nothing of it. After all, there was the very good possibility that she had been putting up a facade of some sort until they could get away from the hatchlings. "I do not know if I am good with children or not, and I doubt I will ever get the chance to find out. But that is all right. I have my hands full enough with my rider."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:01 pm

“I never really stick around long enough to get to know the nicer rich people - only the nastier ones really make themselves known to the general public.” Celölas commented. However, she equally didn’t stay for long enough to earn the particular dislike of any nasty rich people, so it all balanced out really.

“I doubt humans and dragons will ever really manage to get along, sadly. There is just too much ignorance between us. Humans don’t understand our ways, and we rarely understand theirs.” She added, somewhat sadly. However, she knew better than to hope for the impossible, which was why she had no hopes of a lasting peace between the species of Dragons’ Cove.

“I think you’d do well with them – all kids really need is a gentle paw, and plenty of love.” She smiled, studying Taya. Of course, considering hatchlings must be difficult for a dragon with a rider, but Taya did seem like the sort who might have been able to handle it.

“Well, I suppose that I could be alright with them, some of the time, but when it comes down to it I wouldn’t be able to take care of them.” She added sadly. She knew that she could be wonderful with little ones - she was naturally a caring, protective dragon, but staying /herself/ was a bit of a problem. She could trust the part of her that was /her/, but what about the other bit? That monster shouldn’t be allowed in the same city as little ones, let alone be trusted with their wellbeing.

“There’s the bar I was talking about – the one with the big gate beside it.” She said, changing the subject rapidly. She didn’t feel like talking about the impossible anymore, and needed a drink before she could really talk about anything else.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:51 am

"That is generally the case," Taya replied, making a slight face at the thought. Yes, she and Dawn had met people like that. Those who thought money entitled someone to being rude. Unfortunately, they could not be taught a lesson either, for they would not learn even if someone were brave enough to make the attempt.

"Perhaps if humans would make an attempt..." Taya started, only to stop and shake her head sadly. Unfortunately that went both ways. Some dragons refused to have anything to do with humans, which certainly did not help things.So obviously there was no one obviously at fault. "I agree, there will always be differences." It was only natural, considering how different dragons and people were, but there had always been the hope that everyone could get along. Now... that did not seem possible anymore.

The Antler nodded slightly in thanks, though she was still not entirely certain. Besides, it was doubtful that she would ever get the chance. If she did manage to stumble across a suitable male Dawn would be happy for her of course, but things would be difficult of course.

"I can understand that," Taya replied, thinking she could see what the other female meant. After all, children could be such handfuls at times that even she was not certain if she could handle them all the time. Turning her attention to the building that her companion had pointed out Taya peered at it, automatically assessing the place for any possible threat. It was her job to make sure things were safe for Dawn, since her rider had a tendency to think everything was all right even though they were about to be attacked. Personally, Taya thought she just did not pay as much attention as she should, being lost in her own mind a lot of the time. "Seems like a nice place," the Antler said after a moment, once she was certain that everything was calm.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 pm

“It is a nice place – one of the nicer taverns around here at any rate.” Celölas smiled, leading them towards it. “I’ll go through and get a drink, and meet you out the back, ok?” she didn’t think Taya would fit into the tavern (at least not through the door) but the gate through to the yard was designed for carts, and should be easily large enough. She pointed through to the yard with her nose, before disappearing into the tavern to buy herself a tankard of ale. They didn’t water it down in there, she remembered, and she had a feeling that the fuzzy feeling it left in her head would be helpful for the day ahead.

Buying the drink took only a moment, and once the coins were passed over, Celölas picked it up in her mouth carefully and made her way towards the back door of the tavern, hoping Taya had made her way round. She nodded to a couple of people on her way, recognising each and every one, and felt a horrible sinking feeling in her gut. She had to leave, and it had to be today. She didn’t know how she was going to explain that to Taya, or indeed to the little ones who seemed so made up with her, but she couldn’t bear to drag it out another moment.

She pushed her way backwards through the door, the stump of her third tail scraping the floor awkwardly, and set down her drink so she could speak. “Taya? How long were you planning on staying?” she celled back, not turning around, and talking a gulp of ale. Her tolerance for the stuff was rather low (well, very low), and she could already feel it loosening her muscles up a little, and calming her down. Even the little muttering voices in the back of her head died away a little, reminding her why she loved alcohol so much. However, that didn’t change the fact that she wanted to get out of there before something bad happened.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:20 am

The Antler nodded slightly in agreement, approaching the gate. Instead of going through it though, she spread her wings and with a great leap soared completely over it. It was, admittedly, a little showy, but Taya did not care, enjoying being able to use her wings even if it was only for a short moment in time. After all, she had been cooped up in a building for the night, even if it was a large one.

Looking around the yard and spotting a trough of water Taya quickly approached it, getting a brief flash of the trough she had pulled up in an attempt to put out the fire that had sprung up in the village, not too far from this one she thought. Shaking the image off as well as the resultant worries about her rider, Taya bent down and took a drink, shaking her fur out once she was done. It really was a nice day, and she was determined to enjoy it.

"Until Dawn shows up," Taya replied when her companion reappeared, stretching her wings over her head luxuriously. "She stayed behind in our last town to look around a little more and is supposed to catch up with me." In truth the Antler was a little concerned that her rider had not shown up yet, and was starting to wonder when she would. Obviously something interesting had come up, and Taya wanted to know what it was.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 11:36 pm

“Oh, right. Would you, erm, mind backtracking then? I need to leave – like, right now.” She said, her voice a little uneven as she took a gulp from her drink. It tasted bitter, like all human food did, but she wasn’t feeling quite herself anyway. She looked up again, feeling flustered.

“I’ll explain later, but I really need to move. You don’t have to come with me of course, but I would be grateful of the company – maybe we could pick up your human on the way?” she suggested, her tails twitching uncomfortably. She knew it would sound strange, but she couldn’t bear to think about facing anyone else in town that day. She should have left last week, when she was still only just getting attached. Now she was practically fixed into the town, and she couldn’t handle it. That’s why I could never be a mother, she thought, because I’m scared of getting too close…

She tried to pull her worry back into control, telling herself she was just being silly, and that she should just calm down. Another couple of days wouldn’t matter… but then she’d have to hear the little ones’ voices again, and see their sweet faces. No, she had to get out, right then, and she desperately wanted Taya to come with her. Her casual company was lovely, and she didn’t feel like she was in as much danger of hurting a dragon so much bigger than her.

“Sorry to disrupt your visit, by the way. I, er, just can’t leave it any longer.” She added softly, before burying her nose in the foamy drink, gulping fast. Her frantic thoughts were beaten back by the foul-tasting liquid, until all that remained was a whisper, and a gentle throbbing, which was preferable by far. Now maybe she could think straight while she figured out where to go next – where she hadn’t already outstayed her welcome.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:19 am

"Of course not," Taya replied, a little surprised by the abruptness of the request but not minding it at all. Dawn would no doubt be on her way towards the village and they could meet up with her. It would not be that hard. Even if she was still in the city they could find her without too much trouble. Though Taya had no idea why she would still be there. Unless... she had met someone of course. But then, what on earth were the chances of that?

"That sounds like a plan to me," the Antler continued, a little worried by the sudden apparent fear in her new friend's voice, but not going to comment on it. After all, she could be wrong. If anything were to happen, Taya was certain that they could handle it. The pair of them were pretty big, not to mention the fact that they were dragons. Unless they were attacked by a big group of people or other dragons, not much was going to stand a chance against them. "I am sure that Dawn would be pleased to meet you," she concluded.

Taya shrugged slightly in response to the apology. "It does not matter to me," she said simply. "Dawn and I, we have been wandering around for years now, and I used to do the same thing before I met her so we are both used to not staying in one place for very long." What was the point of doing so when neither human nor dragon could find any reason to stay in one place. Perhaps if one or both of them could find a reason things would change, but until then this was their lifestyle. It suited them quite well.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

“Oh, thank goodness!” Celölas sighed, profoundly glad that Taya didn’t mind. She wished she could have managed to give the antler dragon a proper tour of the town, but she couldn’t bear in a second longer. She had no possessions to speak of (she refused to collect anything of size on account of the fact that she never stayed long, and her gold all hung in a leather pouch around her neck), so she was ready to leave as soon as Taya was.

“Do you have anything you need to collect?” she asked, just checking. She didn’t know how long Taya had been around before she had met her, so it was a possibility, even if it seemed unlikely to Celölas. The mention that her human would like to meet her gave Celölas a short stab of guilt, as she knew that she would only stay in the woman’s favour as long as they stayed away from any sort of danger, but was glad enough to hear that she was friendly. In truth, she was more than a little excited to meet one of the rare humans who bound themselves to a dragon as a companion. It seemed like a strange idea to her, which meant it fascinated her to no end.

“Travelling just suits some people batter than anything else – I know it suits me better. I, er, don’t like getting tied down.” She said, trailing off a little. It was beginning to become obvious that she was hiding something, but she couldn’t help it. She couldn’t exactly tell Taya about the monster she became when the thick, red liquid she had come to depend on was anywhere nearby, so it was better to stay quiet. If she was lucky it would never come up to be a problem. She could hope so, anyway.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:10 pm

Taya smiled faintly, a little amused by her companion's thankfulness. It seemed a silly thing to be so thankful about, but she made no comment, not wanting to be offensive. At least Celölas was happy now, or at least a little so. That was enough for Taya. She hated seeing people upset. "Whenever you want to go is fine by me," she added with a slight nod.

"No, I left my saddlebags with Dawn," the Antler explained simply, thinking that they did not have all that much in them anyway. A few books that Dawn refused to be parted with, a map, and some food in case they got stuck out in the wilderness for whatever reason. That was all they carried, considering how much they traveled. Not having much was the best way to go. Neither of them were packrats anyway, all things considered. Perhaps if Dawn ever found someone she would be more inclined to keep things, but Taya was not sure if that would be the case either.

"I agree, and do not worry, I am the same way," Taya assured Celölas. "Unless I have a really good reason to stay somewhere I am usually out within a week. Two at the very most." Once she had spent a month or so in a cave in the mountains, but that was simply because prey was plentiful and the air was nice and cool. Eventually she had gotten tired of that too and had moved on. Now that she thought about it, that was not long before she met Dawn. "Honestly I doubt either of us will ever really settle down. Even if we find a reason to there will always be that urge to travel," Taya admitted. With any luck they would eventually be able to find someone that would understand and accept that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next