Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 pm

“Right then, in that case the fastest way out is just down here. This way we won’t pass the old barn again either.” she smiled, nodding between two buildings across the street, just visible through the gate. She didn’t wait to see if Taya was following before darting towards it – the pathway was a wide street, but no one tended to use it because there weren’t any shops. The houses all opened on other sides, so it was just like a big stone alley, and lead straight to the proverbial back door of the town.

“I’ve stayed here longer than anywhere else, actually – I never stay more than a month anywhere. Beyond that it gets harder to leave, and I – erm, that is, I don’t like to stay in one place too much.” She called back, not taking her eyes off the road underfoot. She didn’t want to step on anything sharp, and she really didn’t want Taya to step on anything, so she had to keep an eye out.

However, her gaze wasn’t quite keen enough to distract her from her surroundings – where the wide alley passed another street, she heard the sound of laughter, and couldn’t help but turn. Yes, sure as anything, the children were out playing. She ran across the street before they could see her, but popped her head around the wall to watch, waiting for Taya. She couldn’t believe how much she wanted to stay. Maybe she’d come back and visit one day… but she knew she wouldn’t.

“Once we’re out, would you like to lead the way? You probably know which way we’re going better than I do.” Celölas said, using the cheery question to cover what might have been the thinnest film of tears in one eye.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 am

"All right," Taya said agreeably, wondering if it was safe for her to be traveling with this dragon. Though there had been no signs of aggression in her, Taya had to wonder if she was completely stable. She did not want to be judgmental in any way, but she certainly had to wonder. It seemed as though something was up, but perhaps Celölas had seen a danger that Taya had not. Whatever the reason the Antler was not going to question her.

Taya had to move quickly to keep up with her companion, and so almost missed what she was saying. "I can understand that," she replied with a short nod, a little distracted with making sure she did not knock anything over, slim a chance as that might be in their current location. "Though I must say Dawn and I tend to leave after a week or so, some places we left after a day or even a few hours. It just depends on whether or not the place suits us." And some places were far too dangerous for either of them to feel comfortable, which was saying something for Taya, who was not easily put off.

The Antler noticed the other dragon listening to the children playing and spent a moment doing the same. It was a peaceful sound and for a moment she found herself wishing that Dawn would have some little ones of her own, slim as a chance there was of that all things considered. Again deciding against saying anything to the female, Taya simply waited until she spoke, feeling a little sad for Celölas. Obviously there was something beyond her control keeping her from staying in the town.

"Sure, I can do that," the Antler agreed with a slight nod. "I think the other city is not that far away so it should not take too long to get there."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Celölas nodded her thanks, and moved quickly towards the break in the wall not far away. As soon as she had passed through that threshold, she relaxed, instantly being able to lock her memories of the town behind the wall. She’d had lots of practise, so emptying her mind came easily now. She shook herself down, letting her thick fur poof up, and turned back to Taya. “Lead the way, then.” She smiled, nodding out over the landscape. It made her nervous to be out in ‘the wild’, as she thought of the outside world, because it reminded her what she would become is she let herself slip away. That made her feel guilty – she needed to come clean to Taya. Tonight, she decided, tonight I’ll tell her.

“So, any plans from here on then?” Celölas asked, still searching the ground for signs of sharp objects. She didn’t have to worry about broken glass anymore at least, but out here there could be bees, thorny plants and all sorts of dangers.

((sorry it's short - my muse died NOO Feel free to time-skip to a more interesting bit if you like ^^))
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:34 pm

Taya nodded slightly, stretching her wings out with relief. It was nice to be able to unfold them without having to worry about slamming them into something, doing who knew how much damage. "It's just this way," she said, heading off down the path. If they were going to walk it would take them a day or so to get to the other city, which made the antler a little impatient, but she hid it well, knowing it really did not matter all things considered.

"No, not really," Taya replied, thinking about it for a moment. "I am not sure where we will go or what we will do, but you can be sure that something interesting will happen to us." It always seemed that way. If not that, then they would run into someone who would undoubtedly be a new friend or enemy. "Life is never boring with us around," Taya said with a chuckle. "What about you?" In all honestly she was not sure if the other dragon would agree to even meet her rider, considering the reaction she seemed to have to the other humans of the town.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Celölas nodded, walking beside Taya as she pointed out where they were headed. She settled into stride easily, her tails keeping her balance behind her (even if the lack of one of them made it a little less stable). “Hmm, no, boring never seems to come up for me either.” She admitted. ‘I sometimes wish it would’ she added inwardly, but didn’t say another word. However, she was eager to meet Taya’s human – she sounded nice, and she felt more confident that she (and everyone else) was safe with a bigger dragon nearby.

“Here, we’ll never get there if we keep up this pace – fancy a race?” she grinned suddenly, her feet itching to break into a sprint. She was a shade runner, after all, so speed was her forte really. Plus she rarely got to run inside cities – too much glass – so it was nice to run between cities. “You can fly if you want – I’ll take the ground.”

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 am

Taya chuckled quietly, nodding sympathetically. Ah yes, it seemed as though they had the exact same problem. Well, nothing wrong with that really, though sometimes people liked to be able to sit around and do nothing, and not have to worry about something bad happening. Ah if only. She could wish for things all she wanted and they would never happen unless she actually tried to cause them to do so. As if that was going to happen, ha!

The Antler nodded agreeably at Celölas' suggestion, spreading her wings and powering off from the ground, enjoying the feel of air underneath her wings and of flight. "All right, sounds like a fair match to me," Taya replied, though she was not really the fastest flyer in the world. Honestly, her companion would probably win, but she did not care. It would be fun just to fly as fast as she could, without having to worry about whether or not Dawn could hang on or if she would be left behind. Now she could actually do whatever she wanted. It was almost nice, and for a second Taya missed her life before she had gotten a rider. The next second the feeling was gone, however, as the Antler remembered how much she cared about Dawn and how much Dawn cared about her in return.

"Let us see who can get there first then!" Taya said, before calling for the start and taking off, flapping her wings as hard and fast as she could, struggling to gain speed quickly. It was a difficult thing, especially since she was also trying to stay closer to the ground so that she could keep an eye on Celölas, not wanting her to get lost or too far ahead.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Celölas grinned as Taya took off, rolling her shoulders and setting off at a jog. Then, when Taya was properly off the ground (she felt it would be fair to both set off at once), she broke into a sprint, her front legs dropping to the ground to propel her faster, and her tails twisting to balance her. The loss of one tail had seriously slowed her maximum pace, but she was still faster than a horse by a long way.

The wind in her fur felt like heaven. She could run faster than the ever-present voice in the back of her mind, so it didn’t interrupt, and she felt free. They were headed in a straight line across a big, open plain, so she wasn’t afraid of going off course, meaning that she could just settle into the motion of running without even thinking.

After a few moments, a shadow on the horizon caught Celölas’s attention, and she slowed, turning her thoughts up to Taya. “Can you see what that is?” she though up, before ramping up her pace again. It was a good thing no one was tracking them, or the line of trampled ground and rising dust behind Celölas would be a dead giveaway.

((I can change if you like – just felt like throwing in a bit of a change. Nothing planned for the shadow – if something comes to you just throw it in))
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Taya watched as Celölas settled into her pace, interested to see how she got along without wings. It never failed to amaze her how humans, horses, and other ground-bound animals got around. Flying had to be the best way to travel, though her own rider would deny that. Then again, it was just because she preferred to stay on the ground. Taya had fun messing with her though, which probably did not help things now that she thought about it. Ah, it did not matter anyway.

It was certainly nice to be in the air again, and Taya spread her wings to their greatest extent, catching the air currents that were going the direction she wanted to go. She had no real urge to outpace Celölas, and did not think she actually could anyway, all things considered, but any slight desire she had was killed by the inquiry that she sent up. After her initial shock from the thoughts, as she had not expected to be spoken to mentally, Taya turned her gaze upon the shadow, trying to figure out what it was.

"Perhaps a storm?" she sent back, studying it curiously. "No that does not look quite right actually. I am not sure what it is. I think we need to proceed carefully." I hope Dawn is all right, she thought a little worriedly, not entirely sure what the cloud was. "Should we investigate?" Taya asked, trying to fly a little higher in the hopes of seeing what the thing actually was. It seemed to be like a cloud or a darkness over the land, but what could be causing it, she had no idea.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:20 pm

“I think we probably should – most likely it’s just a storm anyway.” Celölas thought up. She didn’t really want to run into a storm – they usually came with rain, and she hated ain more than anything (well, almost), but unfortunate weather was better than whatever else it might be. A slight wave of envy washed over her at the ease with which Taya could drift through the air, but nothing much. She didn’t like heights all that much, and could do without flying, but she couldn’t help being intrigued by it. She didn’t have any idea what living above the ground must be like. Sometimes she felt trapped, being as ground-bound as she was.

Settling back into her pace, Celölas ran towards the shadowy thing again, her senses alert and looking for danger. However, as they got closer, she slowed down, before stopping altogether, eyeing the patch of darkness suspiciously. “That doesn’t look like a storm, Taya.” She thought up. “Can you see anything underneath it? It looks bad…”
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm

The antler dragon altered her course agreeably, slowing her pace slightly as they neared the strange darkness. It seemed very foreboding to her, and Taya was wary of it suddenly. She could not tell what it was, but she agreed with Celölas that it was not a storm. Circling slowly overhead when the dragon below stopped, Taya peered at the clouds - or whatever they were - trying to figure out what she was seeing. "I can see something down there, but I am not entirely sure what it is," Taya sent back, more than a little confused. "It seems to be angry or something though... perhaps it is some sort of dark magic."

That seemed to make the most sense to her, but Taya was not entirely sure. Whatever it was it could not be natural, that much she was certain of. "I hope that is not the case but that is the only thing I can come up with." She wished that she knew more about magic and strange things like that, but she did not, and now the Antler felt more than a little stupid. The worst thing they could do was go into this unprepared. "I think this does require further investigation, but we need to be careful about it," Taya said finally.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Dark magic? Celölas relaxed a little. She could understand dark magic – after all, that was the form of magic she could use, which made it a bit more familiar than any other type. However, that didn’t make the prospect of an ominous cloud of it any nicer. “So long as nobody’s bleeding we’re fine,” She thought up to Taya, “I can’t handle blood...” Her thoughts trailed off a bit then, as Celölas refused to imagine what would happen if they did find anything red and sticky under the cloud. Luckily she couldn’t see anything moving around so it /should/ be safe.

Since they were still moving quickly (albeit less so, so that they could still communicate) it didn’t take long for Celölas at least to reach the edge of the big cloud. Underneath it the whole scene vanished into an impossibly thick shadow, and Celölas could see absolutely nothing. Wait, there was something. It was like a column, in the very middle of the cloud, reaching down to touch the ground. It was only slightly darker than the shadow around it, but if she squinted she could just about make it out. What was going on here?

Turning around, she thought over to Taya again, “There’s something weird under here – still can’t tell if it’s magic or not, but there’s something wrong.”

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:23 pm

As far as Taya could tell there was no blood shed under the strange cloud, but she could not really tell even from that distance. She was rather high up and that made such things difficult. The Antler did wonder what her companion meant by not being able to handle blood, but did not ask, respecting her privacy. If it was going to be a problem then Taya figured she would find out soon enough, and that was good enough for her. Taya began to drop down towards the ground, preparing to land at a moment's notice, since sometimes being in the air made one more of a target than anything else.

"I agree," Taya said aloud, having come down behind Celölas as she spoke, folding her wings shut slowly as she stared into the darkness. "This certainly is a problem. We could get lost in there if we are not careful, or worse." Obviously some careful planning was in order before they even attempted going in. "Okay, what else besides dark magic could cause this? It certainly is not natural." She was almost afraid to touch it, since she had no idea of what it would do or what might be lurking inside. "However I would make a safe bet that whatever that thing in the middle of it is, it has something to do with the whole thing." Getting there was the serious problem though. "I must admit though... I am rather afraid of going anywhere near that darkness until I know what it does."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Celölas considered for a moment, and then nodded in an uncertain gesture that meant both yes and no. “Yes, the column in the middle looks like it might even be causing the rest,” She commented, “but we won’t get lost in there – I can lead you through. Once we find the cause, I might even be able to help. It’s definitely dark magic – I can smell it.” She sounded almost pleased to have encountered the dark magic, and clearly didn’t think of it the same way that Taya did. She was relaxed about the darkness, since dark very rarely caused blood. However, she fully understood Taya’s concern.

“Here, I’ll go first then, and tell you when the coast is clear.” She smiled, before darting into the darkness. It smelt strange – like dust, but damp too – but she couldn’t smell any sign of danger. Her sense of smell was by far her most powerful, so there seemed to be nothing to worry about other than the mysterious column. “It’s fine!” she shouted back to Taya, before sniffing and taking another careful step forward. Her cautiousness had worn away now that she was sure there was no blood in the area, and she was feeling rather adventurous.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Taya was a little skeptical that they would not get lost, since it seemed rather easy to do on the outside looking in. However she trusted Celölas and so she nodded, agreeing to let her companion take the lead. She seemed to have quite a bit of faith in herself and appeared to be excited about the task, both of which were more than Taya could say. She refrained from asking how one could smell black magic since it did seem to have an odd odor, though Taya knew it could just be a figment of her imagination now that Celölas had commented upon it. "I am sure you will be able to help," the Antler replied, thinking that just guiding her through the darkness would be a great help. Otherwise she might end up getting turned around or falling down a pit, something terrible like that.

Before Taya could even protest Celölas had vanished into the darkness, though after a moment Taya could make her out, looking around. "All right, if you say so," Taya said, following her new friend into the shadows. Almost instantaneously she wanted to go back into the light, looking back at it longingly, but then she shuffled her wings and forced herself to continue until she had joined Celölas. "This place is creepy," she grumbled, keeping her head low in the hopes of avoiding walking into anything. "I can kind of see, but not very well." Just her luck she would slam into a tree or something. Oh yes, now that would be funny...

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:02 pm

“Right, if you ask me I think we should investigate that column.” She said once Taya had caught up. She could see it a little, but the particular musty magic smell seemed to be getting thicker towards it too. It looked like the column went down as well as up, so there may well be some sort of tunnel there too – the actual threat could even be under the ground. Well, no way to tell until they got there, so she avoided spooking Taya with the thought and kept it to herself.

“Right, we’ll just walk straight forward then, okay?” Celölas suggested, moving slowly but confidently into the ever-thickening shadow. As they moved towards the centre a slight wind seemed to be picking up too. Well, wind was the wrong word, because it wasn’t actually ruffling Celölas’ fur, but the atmosphere seemed to be roaring with some kind of motion all the same. “Can you feel that? Like wind, but without the actual ‘wind’ bit?” she called back to Taya, feeling the need to raise her voice over the ringing in her ears.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:42 am

"Agreed. I'll bet it's the source of all this," Taya commented, sniffing the air and crinkling her nose. The air had an odd scent to it, though she could not quite place it. Whatever it was, it did not seem natural, and the Antler was not sure if that was good or bad. The sooner they figured out what was going on and got the darkness to go away (or got out from underneath it) the better. Of course, Taya knew it was not going to be as easy as flipping a switch or something like that. No, she was sure they were going to get into some sort of battle before all this was over. But she could accept that. Well, just as long as she and Celölas got out in one piece in the end. Otherwise that would be terrible.

"Straight forward sounds good," Taya agreed. Logically it would get them to the center the fastest, as long as they didn't have to change their route for anything. Knowing their luck she figured they would run into a crevice or something like that, though she realized she might be able to fly Celölas across something like that if she was really careful about it. Hmm... probably not a good chance to take. If she dropped her new friend Taya knew she would never be able to forgive herself. When Celölas commented about some sort of strange wind, breaking through Taya's thoughts, the Antler realized she had been feeling the very thing she mentioned without realizing it. "Yeah... it's like a pressure or something like that," Taya offered, the best way she could think of to describe it. "Do you think it's coming from the magic or something else? Maybe the wind, or pressure, or whatever it is, is what's keeping the darkness here. Maybe it's trapping shadows or something."

Taya had a feeling that her ideas were really far out there, but at least they were something. For the moment they had no idea what they were up against, but they needed to be prepared. Offering ideas seemed to be the best way to do that in her mind, at least until they could get a better look at things and figure out what was going on. "I have never seen a magic like this so I have no idea what to say," Taya admitted, wishing she could be of more help. Her fluffy tail swished from side to side in a combination of embarrassment and agitation. Hopefully when they got closer she would find a use for herself, instead of being forced to follow Celölas around and feel useless.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:49 pm

“It could well be holding the clouds here. Or it could be coming from the clouds, but I don’t suppose it matters either way.” Celölas called back. She took another few careful steps forward, and found that she was actually very close to the column of dark in the middle of the cloud. She nodded at Taya’s ideas, trying to think about how likely they were, but she was captivated by the column, and it was sapping away her attention. She took another few steps. This close, it actually seemed to be spinning. No, wait, not spinning, /drilling/. It was boring into the earth, or up out of it. Either way, there was a big, deep hole below it, and Celölas would have bet anything that the source of the magic was down there.

The roar of the not-wind was almost overpowering now, she she wasn’t sure if Taya could hear her, but she turned and shouted back anyway. “It’s from down here. Should we go check it out?” she meant to say more, but something from behind her distracted her. It was tugging on her fur, and as the roaring got even louder she felt like she was going to be pulled off her feet. It looked like she was going down that hole either way, and she much preferred it to be her own choice. With a slight backwards glance to Taya, she jumped headlong into the strange wind and into the thick black cloud-column. It didn’t have any substance, so she went right into the middle, before a huge downward wind pulled her downwards through the centre of the column. If the strange feeling outside was windless wind, this must be where all the actual air-flowy-wind had gone. She was suddenly scared of what she might find at the bottom, but without wings to propel herself back up, she was stuck. She would just have to wait and see.

((if there's a problem just PM me and I'll change ^^))
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 pm

Taya simply nodded slightly when Celölas appeared to agree with her. "Yes I suppose it really doesn't matter, either way it isn't good," she called back finally, lowering her head against the noise of the wind. Upon joining her companion near the swirling column, Taya spent a long moment trying to figure out what she was looking at. The hole below it was more ominous than anything else. Taya knew they were going to have to go down there, but that didn't mean she wanted to. The Antler had a feeling there was something bad at the bottom of it, something that might try to kill them or worse. "Yep, let's do this!" Taya called back, trying to sound confident but that was rather difficult as she watched Celölas almost get dragged off her feet. The strange force was tugging at her too, the feathers in her wings were getting pulled towards the vortex which was an odd feeling. Okay, time to do this, Taya told herself as Celölas jumped in, following the other dragon after a moment.

"Eek!" Taya screeched as she almost passed straight through the vortex, hovering comically in midair for a beat before plummeting down like a rock, despite opening her wings in an attempt to slow her fall. She could see Celölas below her and folded her wings shut, diving past the other dragon before unfolding her wings again, realizing that she could slow them both down while Celölas would be at the mercy of whatever was at the bottom. And she doubted it was going to be a soft landing. The narrow tunnel opened up suddenly into what appeared to be a cave, and Taya felt a moment of relief before looking down and realizing the ground was coming up quickly. "Eek!" she repeated, beating her wings furiously and managing to slow herself enough that she touched down with enough force to jar her joints but not enough to break anything. "Are you all right Celölas?" she asked, not sure if the dragon had crashed behind her or if she was about to fall on her. Either way was all right really, Taya was braced to take the impact.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 pm

Celölas grabbed at the thick magic around her frantically as she neared the bottom, not wanting to break anything, and her own affinity with the darkness let her cling to the existing magic reasonably well. She landed fast and hard anyway, but she just bruised her side and ribs instead of breaking anything. Maybe that hadn’t been the best idea really, but the curiously tangible magic kept her on her feet. She had managed to catch her breath again by the time Taya landed, as the antler dragon’s wings had given her the chance to slow herself, unlike Celölas’ flightless form.

“I’m fine, are you still whole?” Celölas asked, her voice a little strained from being winded as she landed but otherwise quite alright. However, as she turned her head, she was forced to absorb the scene around them rather than stop and chat.

The ground was black – like it had been painted, without any clouds there at all, which the roof of the odd, underground cavern was covered in a thin layer of oddly glowing black cloud. Celölas couldn’t see far enough to tell for sure about the rest of the place, but it looked like there was one long, thin tunnel going in either direction. Maybe the blackness here was just from the pillar, or maybe it was the eerie black floor making the pillar of cloud. She didn't know.

“Well, there doesn’t seem to be anything here – should we continue? It doesn’t look like we’ll get back to the surface up there anyway, does it?” she said at length. The darkness wasn’t actually a threat, but its source could easily be.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Taya heard a thud and looked over to see Celölas catching her breath, pleased that she had made it down as well. They both seemed to be in one piece fortunately, though how long that might continue Taya had no idea. "Yes, everything seems to be in order," she replied, shuffling her wings and flicking her tail slightly just to make sure that they really were working. Better to be safe than sorry, even if safe wasn't quite possible in this case.

The tunnel they had landed in was just eerie, and that was putting it mildly! Taya was tempted to blast fire down the tunnel so that she could see further, but since they didn't know what was down there she decided against it. The last thing she needed to do was alert an enemy to their presence or to harm someone that might actually help them or had gotten trapped down there. "We're going to have to move carefully down here, unless you can see in the dark down here like you could up there," Taya said, looking over at Celölas curiously. It would certainly be helpful if she could, but what were the chances of that? For sure, whenever she and Dawn needed something it never seemed to happen.

"But anyway, you're right, we need to get moving," she agreed. The sooner they got to the bottom of things the better.

Unfortunately, just as she was about to take a step forward she heard a screech that made all the fur on her body stand on end. Instantly scrunching back as small as she could, Taya looked around with wide eyes. "Tell me I was the only one who heard that," she begged. After all, if it was just her hearing things then that would be fine. She could deal with going crazy. What she couldn't deal with was having to fight goodness only knew what in cramped quarters.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 pm

“I couldn’t see up there really – it’s just all the dark magic that I can feel. Y’see that weird black light? it will probably pick out a couple of shadows further down the tunnel, but we’re on our own. Luckily the cloud looks pretty harmless.” Celólas smiled. She was happy enough there – the odd blackness and clouds didn’t have sharp edges, so she was safe within her own mind at least.

The unearthly screech changed Celó’s mind quickly.

“I’d love to say you were, but I heard that too. I think we should maybe take the other tunnel, and quite quickly.” she said quietly, looking down the tunnel she thought the sound had come from. Down there in that curious world of blackness, however, anything could be real. The odd lighting cast highlights in place of shadows, and picked out lumps of cloud in darker blackness, and everything seemed backwards – for all she knew that included the sound.

The screech sounded again, and Celólas flinched. “Let’s go!” she said, a little louder, and darted down the tunnel, the arrow-like markings on her back blending with to odd pattern of blacks and grey highlights as she went further down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 pm

To be honest, Taya couldn't tell one bit of darkness from the next, but she could see shadows and things like that, so hopefully she wouldn't slam directly into a wall or anything like that. "Hopefully it stays harmless," the antler replied, a little surprised that Celólas was so calm about the whole thing. Maybe she was more used to the dark and creepy places like this than Taya was, but she wasn't so sure. There really wasn't any other explanation for it of course, Taya didn't think Celólas would have dragged her all the way down there from the town just to kill her, that was too involved of a plan to be practical, especially since they were almost the same size so it would have been easier for Celólas to simply attack her. No, she trusted her new friend, so that at least was a good thing.

Oh no... of course she couldn't have been imagining things. The one time she wanted to be, it only made sense that she wouldn't."Yes, yes most definitely," Taya agreed hurriedly, practically bouncing up and down in her nervousness. She tried to keep herself still, knowing that any sound might help the creature locate them. (If it hadn't done so already of course.) "Okay!" Taya burst out before dashing after Celólas, running as fast as she could without tripping over anything or running into her companion. She was built for flying instead of running whereas Celólas was completely the opposite and that made things difficult for her. Out in the open Taya knew she would have the advantage, but here in the tunnels it was the other way around.

"Maybe if we can lift the darkness that thing will just... I dunno, something!" Taya offered, hearing the critter still screeching behind them but not sure if it was simply alerting others to their presence or if it was actively following them. One they could deal with but more could be problematic. Especially if they couldn't see them. Fortunately it was easy enough for Taya to keep up with Celólas because of the odd pattern her fur and the shadows created as they raced along.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm

After a moment, Celölas came to a dead halt. “Rigt, I can’t hear it anymore.” She announced, her fur standing slightly on edge. She didn’t know which way to turn next, as the tunnel seemed to fork. She was hoping for some kind of input from Taya, or maybe for some sort of clue to present itself.

It was true that Celölas was extremely relaxed in the dark, but that was just the fluffy cloud-like walls. There was nothing sharp down there, so surely no blood, which let her relax no matter what creepy situation presented itself. “Damn it’s dark – even I’m struggling now. It’s like the light down here has all been painted black.” Celölas chipped in, shaking herself down and peering off into the dark. She couldn’t see a thing – no, wait, was that… a light? There was a tiny shining spot, like light reflecting of a bit of steel. “Taya, do you see anything down there? I might be seeing things…” she asked. The dark magic was muddling her thoughts a little, and she kind of hoped there wasn’t anything there. After all, steel was sharp, and she didn’t want anything sharp in the dark.

There wasn’t much time to stop, however, after a few moments the noise sounded again, but much closer and louder. Celölas jumped, her fur puffing out and standing on end like a frightened cat. Time to get going again, but Celölas hung back a moment, hoping Taya would choose a direction as she no longer wanted to run straight into the dark.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 2:44 am

Taya, unfortunately, really didn't see that Celölas had stopped and so almost barreled right into her. She had to skid to a halt, loose rocks skittering out to her sides, and flutter her wings as quickly as she could to stop in time, and even then she felt as though she was a mere inch from touching the other dragon. Oops, apparently she was going to have to pay more attention! IT was only after Taya had managed to stop herself that she was able to listen intently and agree that she couldn't hear anything either. "Thank goodness," she breathed, not wanting to speak too loudly for fear of attracting the thing's attention again.

If Celölas couldn't see, then what were they supposed to do? Taya didn't want to admit that she had absolutely no idea, but she really didn't. "Well I can't help you with that unfortunately, I might as well not even have eyes for all the good I'm serving down here." She hated feeling useless like this but there wasn't anything she could do about it. Taya would have hoped that her eyes would adjust but they weren't and she was forced to admit that it was because they never would since it was just too dark. But there had to be light somewhere, there just had to be! There had to be. "What? See something?" Taya looked over in curiosity, hoping she was looking the same direction that her companion was. "Oh hey! Yeah I can," Taya replied breathlessly, delighted that she could actually see something for once.

And when the sound echoed past them again Taya almost freaked out, so focused was she upon their little discovery. Oh no, oh no oh no oh no. They needed to move and fast. "I dunno about you, but I wanna know what that thing is," Taya commented hurriedly, turning and sprinting towards the small sparkle she could see. IT was the first thing she had been able to clearly see and, since it almost seemed as though it was a reflection off of something, there had to be light around there somewhere. It might not be much (didn't look like it could be much even) but it was something and that was better than nothing. Unless of course it was the corpse of some human that had wandered down to try to stop the spreading darkness and had gotten killed by the creatures that lived in the caves... now that would be terrible. "Hey... do you know if there's any towns or villages around here?" Taya asked a little warily, now starting to worry that they were wandering around a graveyard.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:20 pm

When Taya took off after the little sparkle, Celölas had no choice but to follow. A medium jog allowed her to keep up with Taya, since Celölas was clearly more build for speed on the ground, but it didn’t take long to reach the point in the tunnel where they had seen the sparkle. “Towns? No, I don’t think so… but this place itself looks like it had a few buildings before all this dark cloud made itself at home. For all we know, this could be a town in itself.” She suggested, looking around. The angle of the light had changed, and she’d lost track of the glimmer, but she was sure it had been here.

“Hey, look, I think I’ve found it!” she shouted all of a sudden, sticking the end of her nose into the thick cloud and pulling something out. It was metallic, she could taste that much, but she wasn’t sure what it was. It was round, like a wheel, but it had little square teeth. She really had no idea. “Taya, whassis?” she mumbled, her jaws still clamped around her find as she tried to figure it out

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!   {Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit & Kat} Inner-city dragon fun!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next