Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Korvus played his part, leaning back against her slightly to preserve that touch and the warmth that came with it. "None at all," he assured her. He moved to put out the fire, leaving the rabbits suspended above it, and then gave her a nod. "The god we're appealing to appreciates a challenging kill more than anything, where glory would be found. In his eyes, if no others," he examined the rabbits with a self-satisfied grin, and then nodded once more, "I'll swear off of magic.If I see you beaten as badly as I'd found you last, however..." he paused, not for any particular reason, but then considered why he didn't say himself. Shouldn't he have? He would've scolded himself if it didn't seem somewhat fitting, but it didn't sit well with him to say so.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:24 pm

She barked a laugh and petted his head. "I think I'll be bandaging your cuts and bruises. I know how to live, you don't" she told him and walked around him to inspect the rabbits. They were well roasted on the outside. Gingerly she ripped a string of meat off and ate it, burning her tongue and fingers in the process, but it was worth it. She chewed, grease running down her chin. "Good, I don't need to teach you how to cook a rabbit. Maybe I'll have to teach you how to make a stew" she said and walked around her den, finding a rag to wipe her chin and fingers and started to don clothes.

If only to keep the chill off.

"At some point, you'll have to abandon your robes" she told him, as she eyed them at a pile at the end of the fur bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Korvus looked over at where his robes and mask sat with a frown, "I'm not opposed to wearing other clothing, if that's what you're suggesting." He yawned, stretching his long-limbed form out. "I don't think I've ever spent so much time naked, in all honesty," he teased, sitting down on the pile of furs and thinking. "We'll need to kill something challenging. A bear, perhaps. I'd suggest a dragon, but even assuming we could, there'd be a lot more we could ask of Val-Kormok than the powers I promised you." He stretched out again, halfheartedly readying himself for what was to come, "Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:36 pm

She shrugged. "I lived well without powers. I don't need them but they are enticing. I am content to have that which I asked for, the ability to use an animal's senses" she said and looked to her perched bird and laying dog. "If I can see through bird's eyes and smell with dog's nose, I am content" she said. Bishop rolled her shoulders and thought about what it was they'd kill, and came with the perfect idea. "We hunt a hunter. We stalk a stalker, we prey on the predator. If we can slay a mountain cat, I'm sure your god would see that as sufficient tribute" she said. Not even affirmed, she looked excited for the hunt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 pm

"Ah, that would be excellent," Korvus said, glancing over at his mask before grinning excitedly at Bishop. "I will keep from using too much magic. To call upon a greater demon is no small undertaking," He reached over, grabbing his robe and fishing around inside of it. The distinct sound of metal sliding against leather was heard, and Korvus produced a ritual knife of predictable ornateness. Cold steel all, the handle was crafted to resemble scales and the blade was spat out by the excessively detailed mouth of what might've been a very evil-looking dragon or a very normal-looking demon. The blade itself was etched with tiny demonic script, harsh-looking runes that hurt the eyes to stare at for too long.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 pm

She recoiled from it, even as her bird screamed and her dog growled. "Something dark, isn't it?" she asked. If it was necessary, then it was, but she would bid him to keep it sheathed otherwise. Until they had need of it, something dark should not be allowed free. Common sense. "Well, alright. So do we hunt the mountain cat and slay it with that, or?" she asked. She wasn't privy to any rituals, so she wouldn't know, but she did know that blood was important for darker forms of magic, and Korvus had expressed that he had control of darker powers than most magic users. She also knew that warm, living blood would probably be much more useful than cooled, dead blood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 pm

"The knife will be driven through its heart for the ritual. It doesn't need to kill the beast, but it helps," Korvus said, running his fingers along the flat of the blade. "I've had this knife since I was a boy," he said, feeling the tiny pits made by the etched runes, "It was a gift from my master, he said it was made in Karmor." He gazed at it distantly, "The beast's death will make the knife a beacon, and I can call Kormok to this world for our bargain. When he appears, I will ask you to kneel. Refer to him as karkath'ruk if he addresses you, and speak only when spoken to." He paused a moment, "Your presence is necessary for the ritual. I'm... sorry, in advance."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:13 pm

She had a bone-deep feeling that this was going to be an awful experience. She shook it off and shrugged. "I'll do as you say. I don't think I'd like to die before I get the power you promised me. I'd like to experience that at least once" she said. "Will he understand what I call him even if I don't pronounce it well?" she asked even as she tasted the sound of the demon word on her tongue. "Karkath'ruk...". It definitely sounded queer on her tongue. Normally, Bishop didn't appear to have an accent, but speaking the odd demon name pronounced all the nuances of her speech. She emphasized r's, de-emphasized vowels and used a double o sound instead of a u.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:18 pm

"You are a mortal. He will call you ghaal." Korvus explained, "If you believe me pompous, well..." he offered her a tiny smile, "You haven't seen anything yet. Rest assured, if you mispronounce the phrase, he won't be surprised, let alone offended." Truthfully, her somewhat queer way of pronouncing the word was not as inaccurate as she might've thought. Demons, in their diversity, had a variety of accents due to having a variety of mouths. She would do fine, or so he hoped. "I'd say you should let me do the talking, but you don't speak his language anyway. I'm not sure if he understands mortal tongues."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:21 pm

"I think I'll follow your instruction just this once. I'll make sure to command dog and bird to stay here... I wouldn't want them dying of a heart attack or something. They seem to be very sensitive to the unnatural". Apparently all animals seemed to be sensitive to the unnatural, predators more than prey. She didn't know what to expect, but she figured it would be horrible, and she would never want to experience it again, which was why she was certain he wouldn't be able to wheedle more bargains out of her, concerning power, at least. "So. Do we hunt now? And if we do, you have to follow what I say. Mountain cats aren't deer".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Korvus nodded, "Kormok likes you. Or, he will. You're everything he could hope for in a creature who hasn't taken up soldiering." He stood, "We go at once. The sooner this is over with, the better. I have been on the very edges of their vision for too long, I doubt that Kormok will be very happy to see me." Calling him with tribute would soften his mood, more so that a devotee to his arts (albeit unwitting) is in attendance. However, he would have to tread with caution as well. Proven though he thought he was to them, the "gods" that were these greater demons were capricious and temperamental at the best of times.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:32 pm

She nodded and swept around the den, grabbing weapons, knives, daggers, two quivers of arrows, and her bow. To Korvus she handed a spear, with a long wooden shaft and a single sharp blade atop. It was a crude spear, obviously handmade, but it was sturdy, and had seen the deaths of many animals. It would do for the mountain cat. "Mountain cats are hard to feather, and it might come to hand to hand combat. In that case, you have to be its focus while I harry it. It won't break the spear, it's been tried" she said and headed for the door of the barrow. "As it happens, I know where we can find a mountain cat, I've tracked it, and it's lair should be close".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Korvus pulled on his robe, taking the spear and tucking the dagger away in a pocket. He entertained the idea of tying the knife to the end of the spear, but kept quiet about the idea. Bishop knew what she was doing, after all, and Korvus did not. He sorely wished he could bring up his scythe, but he imagined either Bishop or his animals would be so moved by the evil thing that they would kill him to be rid of it. That, and he had promised her that he would not use magic. He followed her closely, speaking low as though the mountain lion were right in view, "Very well. Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:42 pm

And she did, after a few stops, having to tell her dog to go home and stay there. The bird was easily persuaded and flew off to hunt for itself. She walked casually to the start of the mountain cat's territory, but as soon as she stepped inside what she knew to be the large male's grounds, she walked with caution, stopping to listen several times and wondering if she would catch him napping on a rock in the sun. Killing him then would be easy. However, noting in Bishop's world was easy. She found him feeding on deer and held out a hand to stop Kor behind her. She didn't even get to slide her bow off her back before the cat noticed her. It stared, watched as she slid the bow from her back before running off. She cursed. This male was one of the smart ones, it was not fleeing her, it wanted to tire her out, and get her into a spot where it could ambush her. She tried to keep it in sight, but soon lost him.

She stopped, listened and looked back for Korvus. "Be careful... it's going to try an ambush".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Korvus' body tensed. His spear did not seem enough, in that moment, but he gripped it tightly. The weight of the knife in his pocket reminded him of just what it was all for, and he considered that would be an even more dependable weapon than this spear. His veins tingled as magic sought to surge out of him. He did not let it, forcing his mind to split between watching for the beast and focusing his power. Above all, he did not admit his fear. Not to himself, and not to his foe. Though bereft of a mask, he forced himself into a cold glare of hatred. He was not a hunter, but he could certainly try to be.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 7:55 pm

She was right. It had burst from the brush, trying to take down Bishop, for it had wrongly judged her the weakest link of the two. Bishop threw herself down and rolled out of the way of its deadly claws. "Kor stab it. Keep it at bay" she said as she rolled away from another of its lunges, sliding an arrow from her quiver and jogging back to nock it and draw it.

The beast focused on Korvus, now that the woman was well out of range. It hugged the ground, snarling and spitting at the man, taking swipes at the end of his spear and circling him trying to find an opening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Korvus jabbed the spear at the creature, though he looked far more like a picador than a hunter. He sneered at it, glaring directly at its eyes as though it had any sense that they were crimson, or that this fact was supposed to have any meaning. He considered that genuinely scaring the creature might hinge on waving his dagger about some, but Bishop had told him to distract the creature, and so distract it he did. He was entirely unsure as to if the very presence of the thing would effect it, as it seemed sight was a much more efficient avenue, but decided that was an experiment for another time.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:03 pm

She feathered the beast, which turned its attention on her. Furious it lunged at her and she barely avoided its claws. Ever retreating, she withdrew her own daggers, unable to focus on Kor and tell him what to do. She slashed at it as it slashed at her and it's claws scored, shallow furrows that welled with blood on her side. She hissed in anger and had plunged the dagger in its leg. Apparently wounds only angered the both of them. She drew another dagger, it lunged another time, and this dance went on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:08 pm

With the beast off him, Korvus drove his spear into the earth and took out the demon-blade. He glanced again at the runes, which glowed faintly at the nearby spilling of blood and told of its hunger. Sprinting forward, Korvus was only too happy to oblige. He watched the fight, and was briefly entranced by Bishop's movements. How she fought harder with each wound, how she moved to kill in such an animalistic fashion. Korvus almost found it beautiful. Perhaps that wasn't the word he'd immediately use, but it worked for a racing mind that urged the body lunge forward and attempt to drive an accursed length of metal through the throat of a vicious predator.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:15 pm

It was an impressive lung and an even more impressive kill. The beast was dead in a matter of seconds, bleeding its lifeblood out from the wound Kor's knife had created. She backed off then, settling back on her haunches and catching her breath. She had a number of scrapes, but nothing so bad as the one that had grazed her side. They all stung, but none would need stitching and she wasn't in danger of bleeding to death. "You wanted its heart. You killed it, you take it" she said and gestured at it. "Go in through the stomach".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Korvus, half-perched upon the beast, panted with exertion and exhilaration. He looked up at her as he ripped the knife from its throat, "You asked me to be a man," he reminded her, grinning a little as he got to the bloody work of cutting to the beast's heart. Once he saw it, he did not take it. He looked at the knife, soaked with blood and seeming to pulse with anticipation in his hand, and drove it through the heart. The knife was overtaken by a bright glow, the beast's corpse seeming to convulse as the blade took hold and flopping onto its back. Korvus stepped back, "Come to my side."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm

"That I did" she said and grinned right back at him. She had been watching him get to its heart lazily, but when he stabbed the dagger into it, her eyes went wide. He didn't need to tell her twice to come to his side, so she did. His arms were likely blood up to his shoulders, how far he'd reached into the beast. Bishop hadn't known it would be that quick, to summon a demon god. Kor could have warned her it would happen like this, and she gave him a sour, sidelong glance before fixing her eyes back on the convulsing and definitely dead mountain cat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 8:51 pm

The light around the dagger extended upward, deepening in color and becoming more opaque. Korvus stepped toward it, hands outwards and partly upraised in invocation.

"Ruk sul'nak-otha-Val-kor-dath-vuth. Rek gish'nak set, rek gish'nak vuth. Ruk chal set-dath-vuth. Ruk'sul'nak rek, Val-Kormok; dalor'nak tem."

As he called the words there came a sound like the distant thunder of an oncoming storm. The light of the beacon began to warp, twisting itself into an impossibly tall form. Flesh and fur appeared, the twenty-foot, man-shaped outline of light gradually resolved itself in the physical plane.

Soon, there stood a massive, bulky man clad in furs from a vast variety of animals. Wolves, bears, and mountain-cats could be seen among them, but here and there were the hides of dragons and pelts of other, stranger beasts. Upon his head was a helm made from the skull of what looked like some massive wolf, an unruly mane of hair spread behind it, but the helm's unnatural shadow obscuring his face. He knelt, his vast musculature rippling as he did so, to regard the two.

He spoke with a voice like clashing steel and the thundering march of an army, but this was not why Korvus seemed taken aback. What struck him more was that Kormok seemed to be perfectly content speaking a mortal tongue.

"So you have called me, and so I appear. Do not waste my time, Kar-Rimatek."

Korvus quickly composed himself, "I bring with me a great hunter," he said, "She seeks your blessing, that she might know what the beasts of the wild know, and see as they see."

The great hunter turned his head to Bishop, "Is this hunter you, ghaal? Stand. Tell me of yourself."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:03 pm

This demon god was impressive, and she was stunned as Kor conversed with it. Remembering what he told her, she rose and wet her lips. "Aye, great Karkath'ruk. It is as he says. I am a hunter, a survivor in the wild, away from Man" she said, not knowing how much he wanted to hear. "I provide for myself, survive by myself, and have tamed two wild beasts to be my companions". Those two wild beasts would have shat themselves and fled at the sight of such a monstrous thing as Kormok. She had so many questions for Kor, later. Like what ghaal meant and what had the demon called Kor and why he was kind of irritated at him.

Somewhere inside her, she knew this was batshit insane, and that no mortal should ever have dealings with a demon. Then the wild part of her silenced that and told her that this was insane, but would make a great story. It would also make her foremost among any hunters in this wild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:13 pm

Kormok chuckled, "Karkath'ruk you call me..." he said, setting a massive hand down before them both to steady himself. "This sorceror has taught you well, and you bear the scars of battle. That is good." Korvus seemed tense, still, but Kormok was now almost completely ignoring him. "You were brave, to have your companion call me forth. You do not fear me." He chuckled again, and reared up to his full height. His voice rumbled through the wood, "This is enough for Great Kormok. You will have your prize."

A great wind picked up, Kormok's form becoming indistinct as gusts whirled around Bishop in particular. Power would bombard her, fill her, and seek to inhabit her soul as Kormok's wisdom attuned itself to her mind. Korvus watched, worried for her and yet wholly pleased with the development. It was written in the power that surrounded them, and Korvus couldn't help but hear it:

Kormok approves.

The wind died down and their prey disappeared in a burst of foul ash. All that remained was the heart, Korvus' dagger piercing it, which was still warm after all this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next