Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Circus is a Family

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm

"Hey, you're finally back~!"

The tinkling of bells suddenly sounded behind Rhys and Silence as Lusorio suddenly appeared behind them, wrapping his arms around their necks and leaning against them. "And to think I was starting to get worried you'd never come back alive. Oh well, maybe next time!" He said, followed by hysterical laughter, getting off of the two and leaning back. Ah, that was funny. To him, anyways.

"Hey, what's she doing over there?" He asked, laughing cut short when he saw that Rhynna had her head in the Tamer's tent. "Ooh, did you guys bring back an animal? Sweet! I've been meaning to get him start an act with a fire hoop..." He ran towards the tent, bells jingling as he went, then breezed past the dragon and stood there, eyes focused on the little spider boy. "Oh my..."

"... This is awesome!" He shouted, a wide grin plastered on his face. "Look at him! He's absolutely horrifying!" The Jester went up to the little spider boy and put his hand on his shoulder, sizing the kid up. "Hm, nice set of legs you got there... tell me, have you ever been interested in jumping through hoops?" He walked around the spider child a bit, then shook his head and tutted. "No, too simple. They wouldn't be impressed with that. Maybe a tightrope?" Whatever his talent wound up being, this kid would be an amazing addition. He doubted anyone had seen something like this before!
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Fredrick examined the bars a bit more - he grabbed them and tried to shake them to see how much give they had. Not much, it turned out. He frowned deeply, and looked at the other critters inside of them again. He frowned deeply, and then looked at Rhynna and glared, giving her a very understandable "If you think I'm getting into one of these, you're dead wrong" kind of look. He backed away from the bars and pulled his hand away, then crossed his arms with reasonable stubbornness.

But he got distracted as he heard something new. He stopped focusing on Rhynna and cupped a hand over an ear, to listen to this new sound. It sounded like stars, twinkling. How interesting. He looked at Rhynna questioningly to see if she heard them.

The source of the sound made itself known as Lusorio flew in in a hurry.

At first Fredrick was very put off by how forward the jester was. Here was a brightly-clad human that made a very strange noise, and it was touching him! What did it want from him? He jumped a bit warily as the Jester slapped a hand on Fredrick's shoulder. However, the jester's smile and excitement proved to be infectious, even to him. A smile crept over his face and he relaxed. Still, how peculiar the sound was! He examined the jester for the source of the sound. It seemed to be everywhere!

He grabbed one of the little bells from the Jester's tunic and shook it, pulling his ear close - but since his fingers were grasping it on it's surface, it didn't jingle the way it should have, instead giving out a soft, soundless "tk" when he shook it. This was no good.

He pouted and dropped the bell, letting it go back to hanging on the jester. Then, a different idea! Fredrick placed both HIS hands on Lusario's shoulders, and then, without warning, began to shake him vigorously, letting loose a cascade of little bells as he did. Fredrick let out a gleeful yelp and beamed at Rhynna, like a three-year-old proud of his discovery. He shook Lusorio again for good measure, laughing mirthfully.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 6:49 pm

“I’m good standing, poppet. Sitting hurts my side anyway,” Rhys replied, “and there’s nothing to talk about. I made a mistake going out in the woods so soon, and I don’t plan to again for a good long time, if ever. I’m fine. Here, pick a card?” He slid the cards into a perfect fan with a practised flick of his wrist and offered them, changing the subject effectively. He didn't have time to say another word, however, because he was interrupted by the tinkling of Lusorio’s bells, and almost immediately after found the jester’s arm around his shoulder. The force of the energetic jester knocked his cards out of his hands, and he gave a curse, ducking out from under Lusorio to retrieve them and stuff the deck in his pocket again.

“Well that’s not for lack of trying.” he grinned, appreciating the joke. Lusorio’s sheer energy made Rhys feel old and tired, but he did appreciate the jokes. The jester was gone, off to the door to the animal tent within seconds, leaving a Rhys and Silence on their own again, with the slight echoing the bells had left behind.

“Well, that was odd.” Rhys commented, taking a swig from his flask as he stood up. He wasn’t sure what to make of the jester still, even though he’d known the man since the very start of the Circus.

--

Inside Lusorio’s sleeve was a salamander, by the name Feuerzauber (but he just went by ‘Eddie’). Eddie had been asleep, but the sudden shaking woke him. He gave a yawn, and poked his head out of the colourful, bell-covered item of clothing to see what was going on. He looked up at Fredrick, then around at Lusorio with a lizardy grin and a flick of his bright orange tongue. “New pet? Very nice!” he commented, before running up the jester’s arm and onto the spider-boy’s hand. “Ti ceyya, illai avarai erittu.” He said quietly, before the orange markings down his back erupted tiny spikes of flame, bathing his dark skin in fire. The words meant ‘make fire, don’t burn him’, and the fire seemed to have graciously accepted. The idea was to distract the creature and make him stop shaking Lusorio, so he cocked his head on one side and looked at the spider-boy. “Lookie, pretty fire!” he grinned, before looking at Fredrick carefully, inspecting him.

“’Ay, Lusorio, he’s pretty interesting. I’d bet the crowd would pay anything to see him dance!” He muttered another word and the fire went out, leaving Eddie free to watch without the flickering light distracting him. It also tickled, quite a lot, which was less fun than it sounded after a while.

((Peer: if you dun want him on Fredrick's hand, let me know and I'll change :3))

Last edited by Stormkatz on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 2:56 am

Silence too tried to avoid Lusorio's hug but had to suffer through it without screaming. When he said he didn't want to sit and he didn't want to talk either, she pouted and did her best to stand. "I swear if I had been in any other situation when I joined as a kid, I wouldn't have stuck around nearly so long as I have. That man is just insane, it's all I remember about him from that day." It seemed that the little salamander Lusorio kept was a newer addition to the group, but Eddie was a bundle of fun from what she'd seen of him. "Least you can hear the crazy bat coming most days." she remarked as she heard Fredrick laughing in the tent. At least one of the group was doing well, somewhat.

"Did you actually just call me 'poppet'?" she asked with a funny looking half-smile. "Don't think that one's ever come up before. Then I guess you're the strangest magpie I've ever seen so it fits." She straightened up after getting past a wave of dizziness and held her head. "You'll still owe me you know that right? Yes I forgive you, but you'll still owe me for all of this." The trouble was she wasn't sure how he could make up for it, perhaps she'd just ask him to get her something for her next birthday.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:04 pm

At the telltale din of Lusorio’s bells, Zhenya straighted from Rhynna’s side, turning to smile briefly at the jester.
“Hey, Lusorio,” she called from where she was. He was purely ridiculous- well, he was a jester- but all the same she couldn’t help being faintly amused by the man’s antics. If he ever acted his age, she hadn’t seen it, but somehow that just made him.
She knew better than to make any attempt at answering him, instead just stepping aside so that he could dash into the tent, which was getting more crowded by the minute as Zhenya hovered in the doorway to watch the proceedings.

“Oh, hello,” said Rhynna rather feebly as the jester whizzed past her face. She was never quite at ease around Lusorio, but she did her best to like him all the same, and now she dithered as he dashed straight up to Fredrick and started enthusing about his admittedly unusual body. “Do be careful, you don’t want to scare him!” The antler hadn’t had time to make any response to the boy’s clear protest, and the last thing they needed was another heavy-handed man coming and upsetting him more than he already was. “We’ll have to see what suits him you know, it’s- Fredrick! Stop that, you mustn’t shake people!”

There didn’t seem to be an awful lot she could do, unable to fit through the opening of the tent without the risk of pulling the lot down, but she did stretch out her neck to prod the spidery legs with her nose. When Eddie appeared on Fredrick’s hand out of nowhere she had a brief moment of fear for the wellbeing of both- but much to her relief there seemed to be no issue. One way or another, the boy would surely let go- not that that thought did much to quell Rhynna’s nerves.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 am

Lusorio howled with laugher as he was shaken by Fredrick, his entire body going loose almost on habit, it wasn't good to be rigid when things like this happened. His bells let loose a cascade of jingles and rings, and and when he was set down the jester definitely felt a bit more limber. He spent a few moments righting himself, resetting his hat, pulling his gloves tight then, after hitting Freddy lightly on the head, he spoke "No scaring the boy now, dear friend. I'd rather you not scare him away!" He plucked the little lizard from his sleeve and set him on his shoulder and began digging through his bag, searching. Now, where was that thing...."

"Aha!" Lusorio quickly pulled his hand out of the bag, his fish clenched around something, a thin string dangling between his fingers. He waved his hand slowly in from of the strange boy's face then, palm up, opened his hand to reveal absolutely nothing. His hand was completely empty. But then he closed his fist again and began rubbing it with his other hand, then after blowing into his fist, opened it again, palm down. A simple necklace sprang down, hooked on his middle finger, adorned only by a single, small brass bell. The piece matched the various bells on his outfit, then he put it over the spider boy's head, smiling. "There, that's for this little coal being an arse."

Lusorio turned on his heels to address the two at the entrance of the tent. "Not to worry, dear friends, all is well. I can tell this boy is made of stronger stuff." Though what kind of stuff, he wasn't sure. Spidery parts, probably. "Oh, I doubt we'll have too many problems. Surely our little wild boy picked up some tricks in the forest." He said this and reached to ruffle the boy's hair. "We just need to bring that to the stage. Let's hope he doesn't have stage fright."
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 am

It was a good thing that Lusario had removed the fire-lizard from him, because Fredrick was about to freak out. His face got all panicky, and immediately relaxed once the fire was removed from him. That alone was reason to decide that Lusorio was full of wonderful things, like saving him from fire. But the next trick definitely sealed Lusorio's fate with being BFF's with Fredrick forever.

Fredrick's eyes got wide as Lusorio made a tiny twinkling brass ball appear in his hand. He beamed as the bell was put on him, and, like a kid, he began making as much noise with it as he could. This was the most wonderful thing EVER. Or maybe Lusorio's hand was. He followed Lusorio as he turned and grabbed his hand if at all possible, and tried to perform the same trick himself with Lusorio's hand - he closed his hand into a fist, rubbed it with his own hand, and blew on it, then opened it again, hoping for another bell. When it didn't happen with Lusorio's hand, he let go of Lusorio and tried it again with his OWN hand. Sadly, he couldn't make any bells appear, either.

Well, that was okay. Fredrick had discovered his new bestie and Lusorio was probably going to just be followed around by Fredrick all hours of the day from now on. He picked his own bell up again and showed it off to Zhenya, shaking it in her direction happily. Yay, now he made a pretty sound too!

Last edited by Jula on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:05 pm

“I call everybody ‘poppet’, poppet. Don’t worry about it.” Rhys grinned. He was surprised that he hadn’t actually used it on Silence before – he’d been there since the dawn of time, or at least it felt like that, and Silence wasn’t so very new to the circus. Maybe he’d just never spoken to her much, he wasn’t sure. “And I’m sorry; I was… being myself I guess. You’d think I’d be over all that business with the woods, but no. Let me know when you want to cash in that favour I owe you.” he smiled thoughtfully. He wasn’t himself that day really – even Lusorio hadn’t cheered him up much. Good thing there were plenty of things to do.

Watching the odd spider-boy puzzling over the salamander and a bell, Rhys hauled himself upright (as he had been leaning precariously against a tent pole) and walked over. Fredrick’s legs still disgusted him a bit, but every moment it got easier to just look from the waist up, so he made his way almost to Lusorio’s side. “When yer finished with the new arrival, do we ‘ave anything that needs seeing to in the main tent?” he asked, taking another mouthful of whiskey and holding out a finger to tease the salamander. He felt better when everything was in order, and he was never sure if Lusorio was keeping track or not. Plus he’d really rather not face everyone that had seen his most recent embarrassment.

--

“Hey! You know I was only kidding.” Eddie smirked, spitting a miniature fireball at the tips of Lusorio’s fingers playfully as he was placed between two little bells on Lusorio’s shoulder. He bit one of the bells to keep himself busy. It clanked whenever his teeth hit the metal, which he hoped would irritate at least one person. He didn’t mean to be so pesky… except he did. He couldn’t stand being bored, and did literally anything to avoid it.

When Rhys poked a finger at him, he grinned and stuck out his bright orange, forked tongue. He would have hissed, but he knew that would end in him drooling on Lusorio’s shirt and making no sound at all. That was such a shame. He let the markings down his back flare up a little and stuck one warm, slightly sticky foot on the magician’s finger, clinging on. Maybe he’d find somewhere else to explore for a while, util the circus calmed down and needed picking back up.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:17 pm

The last thing this girl wanted to worry over was work, and frankly she'd only gone in to say that she was not to be disturbed for the rest of the day. Ah well, at least she could stand at that point. "Rhys, we all know Lusorio can't resist spending money, but isn't there something you two were supposed to get the last time we were near here? I seem to recall it being rather important." Sadly the only useful thing she didn't keep on her person was a file cabinet, and some would argue rather crassly (and put their lives at risk to boot) that it could be done. "I suppose it's in the file cabinet somewhere if you care to look." she remarked evenly with a hint of annoyance. She'd known those two for some time and if she wasn't careful Lusorio would go get some crazy creature from who-knew-where for a rather large amount of money, or Rhys would get a good portion of low quality alcohol somewhere.

The latter didn't happen all too often (if at all come to think of it) when he was given money out of the business account, anything he earned was spent at his own whim and therefore none of her business. With a disgruntled sigh she rubbed her forehead and set her hands on her hips. "Poison or not we're going to the city today. First things first is to find our new spider-boy a place to stay. Lusorio can you handle that while I go find this blasted paperwork?" 'If I can still bloody stand when I get there.' she thought sourly.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:22 pm

While it was good that Lusorio had provided the spider-boy with some means of entertaining himself other than terrorising the members of the circus, Zhenya found herself unable to muster up anything more than a weak attempt at a smile when he turned to her, clearly delighted with his new toy. Rhynna, on the other hand, seemed to have emotion to spare.
"Oh, how lovely!" she gushed dotingly. "Thank you so much, Lusorio!" She beamed at the jester and Fredrick in turn, apparently content just to watch Fredrick's antics. Zhenya made a slight face and turned away, more interested in what Silence and Rhys were now discussing. Undoubtedly there would be some supplies the circus needed, whether it was materials for repairing tents or costumes, food for the performers and animals or goods of another kind entirely. It took a lot to keep the circus running, so there was always business when they stopped near a town besides getting the people to come and see their show. But certain stops could be counted on to support the circus' other trade: smuggling and trading in illicit goods. If somebody was looking for an unusual ingredient or perhaps even a dragon egg, then the two best places to find them would always be Kaionar or the circus. It was a risky business for sure, but they had always been careful to keep the right side of the line. Nonetheless, the matter required delicacy.
"Are we looking to pick up anything other than our normal supplies while we're here?" she asked casually, glancing between Silence and Rhys before continuing. "I can help you find those papers, I think I saw it earlier." It was true; but another reason she wanted to accompany her friend was that she wasn't at all sure Silence had recovered from the bite. And she wanted to get away from the spider, there was no sense in denying it.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Shopping? Did somebody say shopping? He sure hoped that somebody said shopping, because that meant a whole menagerie of new acts and toys for him to play with. Last time he went shopping he didn't get to keep any of his new pets, so he'd have to be careful this time... But first, to deal with Freddie. Obviously, everyone else wanted to keep him a surprise, so he had to hide the boy for later. "Don't worry, just leave it to me! I'll get the kid situated." Taking Fredrick's hand, Lusorio pulled the boy out of the tent, not thinking at all about the salamander perched on his shoulder, taking the boy to his own little vardo hidden amongst the caravan. Ushering the young spider boy inside, the jester revealed the secrets of his living quarters; grande, by circus standards. Instead of the traditional bed, he had a rope hammock taking up the back of his living space. Various glass, fur, and otherwise extravagant fixtures filled the walls and ceiling, leaving little bare space and plenty of opportunities to hit your head. A wide dresser was pushed up against the corner, the top layered with a variety of nick-knacks which had no business standing upright once the home started moving. Pulling from his bag a variety of puzzles and toys, Lusorio shoved them into Fredrick's hand, telling him with exaggerated hand gestures to "Stay in here, okay? We have to keep you a secret for now." For emphasis, he brought his finger to his lips and made a loud shooshing noise, winking at the boy.

With the boy properly settled, Lusorio dashed back to the group, beaming, the bells on his body tinkling all the way. "So shopping, yes?"
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 11:45 pm

Fredrick was dragged along, happily and willingly for now. He and his BFF Lusorio were going to do something! And he was being handed things...!... Yay...? Well all right with him. But then it looked like Lusorio was going to leave. He dropped the things and tried to follow Lusorio, but he got oddly reserved when the "Shoosh" motion was made. He looked a little uncomfortable, as if he thought it meant he was in trouble. He did, really. That motion meant something much more dangerous to him... that's the motion he made to people right before he ate them. And it's not like he was screaming to Lusorio or anything. He gave kind of a helpless whimper as Lusorio went to leave the room. He wanted to be included. The toy-things were interesting, to be sure, but he didn't want to be left out. It was true that he couldn't understand anybody ANYway, but if he was left here... what if they never came back? He kind of wanted to keep being fed by them. He stayed put for a total of five seconds after Lusorio left him there, and then ducked right back out after him, holding one of the magic-trick gimmicky-objects that Lusorio had previously handed to him. He held it back out to Lusorio, looking sad, as if wondering he had done anything wrong. He looked at Rhynna for a little help with the translation portion of everything, since she seemed to get him. Or he seemed to get her, at least.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Rhys went with Silence and Zhenya to look for the papers – he liked to know where things were anyway. “We need some spare canvas fer repairs, but I think Zhenya’s got the idea – we need whatever ‘other’ stiff we can get our ‘ands on.” He grinned, ready to head to the main tent. Of course, before they could, Lusorio’s hearing picked up the word ‘Shopping’ and he was there. “Just supplies – we ‘aven’t got enough to get anything fancy today. Find us a customer and you can buy whatever you want.” Rhys had the budget planned out in his head fairly well. He always had been the level-headed one, even if most people saw him as the drunkard of the circus.

“Wha’s the next city on our route?” he asked after a moment. He had forgotten where they were along the route, and without a map to ha it was easier to ask. “We can’t stay ‘ere too long – no income in the woods.” Of course, everyone knew that the real reason for his haste was the fact that he wasn’t comfortable outside of the main cities. The embarrassment with Fredrick in the woods was also a key factor.

--

Eddie heard ‘shopping’ very quickly, and stuck his head out to listen. He shared Lusorio’s eagerness to find something new and exciting - anything that might make a noise to scare people was good for him. He resisted the urge to pester the spider-boy again, because he was sure that Lusorio wouldn’t thank him for burning the new pet. Instead, he ducked into Lusorio’s bag, fumbling around in the murky depths for something of interest. There was everything in there! He could probably have spent a lifetime there and not been through it all, but a lizard’s lifetime wasn't such a dramatic length of time as he would have liked. “Shopping sounds good.” He finally said aloud when they were moving again, sticking his head out of the top of the bag and flashing his orange tongue again.

(OMG I'm so sorry it took thislong- I had no idea it was my turn NOO)
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:52 am

"I'll see where we are, but wherever's closest I think will suffice. Then again. . ." If they needed "other stuff" then their best bets were Jiluria and Kaionar. Jiluria was the easier to deal with, but it was going to be difficult finding a place closer than than with a good black market. "We might have to wait to bulk up our "inventory", but I can definitely point us in the right direction for general supplies, canvas and such. If anything I think we can go to Caspan for most of our supplies then go south to Jiluria for everything else." Her head was still swimming, and now things were looking blurry. "On second thought, perhaps Kaionar would be closer, sure it's the worse of the two to visit, but more variety." After clearing her head she looked at her fellow performers. "Rhys you're firm when it comes to the budget and I know I can trust you with our finances. Purchase decisions ultimately go to you for approval."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 11:08 pm

Lusorio's beaming face grew brighter as Rhys' alluding tone brought to life his hopes. Time to go shopping! They could get giant animals, and new blast powders, and all other sorts of new... right. Pulling Eddie out of his pack and setting the little hotblood on his shoulder, Lusorio quickly dug through his bag. Of course, the one thing he didn't have was money. Rhys took away all of his stash last time his purchase didn't, ahem, go well. To be fair, he had no idea that that cute little creature would grow to be so big! And deadly. Mistakes happen, right?

"Yes, shopping!" Lusorio piped, clapping his hands together. "Nothing like a good ol' trip to the farmer's market! And perhaps daddy will give his favorite boy some loose change to buy a treat or two~?" With this, Lusorio made the biggest puppy-dog eyes he could, staring intently at Rhys. This never worked, but he could try right?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Rhys sucked in a thin breath through his teeth as Lusorio arrived. This was going to be expensive – it always was. At least they had had a reasonable circuit this time round – with the Circus gathering fame, there were plenty of opportunities to perform these days, and a fair few underhand deal to be done as well. “We ‘ave to get new canvas first, an’ supplies, but I suppose we could look for a few new additions to the act. No impulse buying though – we ‘ave to check everything first.” He said slowly, knowing already that this could be a mistake, but Lusorio had more of an eye for what would make a good act than Rhys did. If he gave Lusorio some spending money, he could go and top up his whisky reserves too without anyone asking any questions. Of course, he didn’t tap into the circus’ funding for that, only into his own meagre coinpurse, but he figured some circus members wouldn’t appreciate it all the same.

“Awrigh’ then, Caspan it is. We’ll get our supplies and set off immediately – no point wastin’ time here.” He was eager to be out of the woods and in a nice, safe city again, as anyone could tell. They might even arrive in time for a decent performance in the city centre in Caspan, which would pay for their shopping excursion in itself.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:06 am

"Well happy day! Let's get moving." Despite the grogginess still muddling her brain and the fogginess of her surroundings, she was still likely to be needed for a shopping trip. Wonderful. The tone of her voice was less than enthusiastic, but with the recent events still weighing heavy on them all it wasn't too terribly surprising that Rhys was the only one cheering up. So it was back to Caspan apparently. . .Possible performance and extra income aside, this would be a hectic trip. What with adding to the acts and a new spider-human to keep in line, life was going to stay on edge for a while longer. Ah well, off on another adventure with mayhem and circus tricks!

[OOC: Thread officially closed! Woot!]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Circus is a Family   The Circus is a Family - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Circus is a Family
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3