Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread

Go down 
+4
Stormkatz
Artemis
Rogue
Zay
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Empty
PostSubject: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 pm

Which of the following images is:
+ Most pleasant to you
and which is
+ Probably most memorable to you
and finally
+ One you most dislike

(Btw, you /can/ also choose an image that you think is both the most pleasant and memorable, or perhaps most memorable but also most disliked by you)

1) Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Rosson_crow_03

2) Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Rosson-crow

3) Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread 5email

4) Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Black%20graffiti

5) Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Unknown%20Portrait%20of%20a%20Gentleman_lg

6) Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread 3290663324_9a5a5d6dc8_z

__________________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________________

SET TWO.

Please answer exactly the same questions, but for this set!

1)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Apple
2)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Frank-christopher-talbot-sunset-cliffs-beach-on-the-pacific-ocean-at-sunset-san-diego-california-usa
3)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread 3-Shadows-Blood-brush-Sets
4)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Open-your-eyes
5)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Eyes_1373075c
6)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread %27The_Butcher%27s_Shop%27,_oil_on_canvas_painting_by_Annibale_Carracci
7)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Warehouse-communications1

SET THREE.

You know the drill

1)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread DCQIF00Z
2)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Wolf-face-1
3)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Komodo
4)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread 782312555_c9d1eeebe6
5)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Large_Cute_Kitten_Face_HQ_Wallpaper_33069
6)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Eagle_Face
7)Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Thumb_230_MP_1

Last edited by Zay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:22 pm

Pleasant: 5 Because it's not like, in your face; you can actually see the person (yes, I know a stupid comment, but that sort of dark painting you hardly can see the people), it's the sort of thing that's a calming emotion, rather than angry. I like the intense detail and very tudor-esque style/dress Smile
Memorable: 1 Looks like blood and flowers, it's disturbing, so I remember it. But I remember 3 too.
Dislike: 1 Blood in a weird place... Could be someone's flat you walk into. It's too close to home to be comforting, with the red splatters... it just doesn't look natural. (Okay so it's painted, it's not supposed to). I'm not a fan of sharp-edged furniture and blocky painting; that with the messy splats isn't appealing to me.

I also liked 3, but wouldn't say it was pleasant.

==x==

Pleasant:2
Memorable:6
Dislike:7

==X==
Pleasant:1
Memorable:4
Dislike:7 (because it's so plain)

Last edited by Rogue on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Set 1
Most pleasant: 1. There's just not anything really wrong with it. The colours are kind to the eye, and it's recognisably depicting an apartment or something. I've always quite liked cityscapes, and there's a bit of one out of the window.
Most memorable: 2. While all the others are nothing hugely unusual, and even this isn't exactly the only thing of its kind, it's just a little more different. There's a girl dressed up in some weird costume posing in front of a swimming pool filled with treacle which has guns floating above it and there are heads of moose or something on the wall...? While I don't know that all the details would stick with me, it's odd enough to make me pause and take it all in.
Most disliked: 6- but I really hate 3 and 4 too. None of them seem like real art to me. 6 is just a picture of a random heap of junk, with a building in the background. 4 is irrelevant graffiti, and 3 looks like somebody with some serious mental issues was let loose with a couple of cans of spray paint.

Set 2
Most pleasant: 2. It's very pretty, relaxing and easy to look at. While I really like 4, "pleasant" wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe it- it's just appealing to me because it has a brightly coloured focal point and eyes are cool.
Most memorable:
Most disliked: 6. I'm not squeamish in the least, but I don't want to spend my free time looking at some animals with their guts hanging out, thank you.

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 pm

1 = pleasant
I liked the colours - dunno, but the angry contrast with smooth shapes seems somehow calming to me.
4 = memorable
The shapes are simple, and I have the memory of a sieve.
2 = disliked
I don;t really understand it, but art involving splattered pain /and/ real people rarely works for me.

Last edited by StormKatz on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 pm

The most pleasant, for me, would have to be number one. I like the usage of blue, the application of reds and whites, and the painting style. I like that it seems to be an apartment in a high rise in the city, and gets surreal with the flowers and outside city lights. Or at least that's what it looks like to me.

The most memorable would have to be number five. If anything it's because I remember it's a classical painting done by some really old dude I don't care to remember who at the moment. But you can't look at this painting and wonder when it was done (and if you're a good art student) who by. It's just common knowledge because this work is so specific to this artist and time.

The least liked is number four, solely because it looks like something some kid would spraypaint on the subway wall, or the side of a truck or building. I never liked graffiti, but this doesn't even seem to be the kind that is considered 'art'.

and done c:
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:46 pm

2nd set:
pleasant = 2 -- it looks like the view from our old holiday house - it's soothing.
memorable = 5 - they won;t go away now NOO
disliked = 6, but I also find 3 and 5 quite... scary?
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Second set.

Oh Picture 2 is so very pleasant to me. I can just see myself spreading a blanket on the sand and being that douchebag that watches the sunset. Maybe even play in the water. /dummy

Picture 6 is the most memorable because I mean, look at all those carcasses. How can you not remember that out of all those pictures?

And pictures 1 and 3 I think are just lazy. Even if one is like the Apple logo (again real lazy there... naming a company apple, so the symbol is a given). And I mean blood? Really. It's just /there/. What am I even supposed to think besides: Oh ew, who the hell bled all over the floor?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Set 3
Most pleasant: 1. That's strange for me, because usually wolves trump tigers on account of their gorgeous sleek fine build <3 Love tigers too though. But in these pictures, I think the tiger has a lot more personality with that slight head tilt, and the eyes stand out more, making it more attention grabbing and all.
Most memorable: 3, probably. "Oh, hey, what a cute lizard! Huh, lizards don't normally look cute."
Though maybe 4; it's just very bold and defined. Those four big eyes stick in your mind.
Most disliked: 6. It doesn't look nice and sleek like it could do, and its eyes look weird to me. Left eye, mostly. It's the kinda thing which just bugs me.
But 7 is irritating, actually. I don't know how it manages to be so bland and yet the woman's expression irritates me. I feel like she would be an annoying person, which is unfair.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re:   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:47 pm

Set #1
Most Pleasant: 1
Most Memorable: 1
Disliked: 3

-+-

Set #2
Most Pleasant: 2
Most Memorable: 4
Disliked: 6

-+-

Set #3
Most Pleasant: 5
Most Memorable: 4
Disliked: 3
Back to top Go down
Kavyle
Kavyle

Things that I am :
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:04 pm

SET ONE

Pleasant: 1
Memorable: 2
Disliked: 6

SET TWO

Pleasant: 2/3 are tied
Memorable: 3
Disliked: 7

SET THREE

Pleasant: 5
Memorable: 7
Disliked: 7
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:44 am

SET 1:
Pleasant: 3 - because I like the colour combo even though it might seem relatively plain.
Memorable: 2 - because of the combination of the odd background and the crazy chick wearing a Union Jack dress.
Dislike: 5 - because it simply doesn't fit with the rest of the set and because in comparison it's relatively boring.

SET 2:
Pleasant: 2 - because it's a lovely, romantic view.
Memorable: 1 - because that apple simply won't get out of my head anymore.
Dislike: 6 - because the scenery is a little appalling and I don't particularly like this kind of picture.

SET 3:
Pleasant: 2 - because you could lose yourself in the wolf's eyes.
Memorable: 4 - because those huge eyes are just right there in your face.
Dislike: 4 - because I don't like spiders and the picture shoves it right into your face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread   Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temporary Art/Random Image comparison Thread
Page 1 of 1