Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:14 pm

Once down the stairs, things started to get a little more complicated. This man knew what he was dealing with and he was not so easily scared as Yern or the men upstairs probably. The leader had his own little weapon and he definitely knew how to use it. She inspected the rest of the men. They all seemed to be of a similar personality as the one in Ying's grasp, so they wouldn't do too much. They probably prefered to run away than to risk their own lives. But the leader... He was a completely different story. If she could have growled, Siofra would have done it at the man's comment about her, but she just left it at glaring at him, keeping the room around her within the corner of her eye. He was not at all impressed by Ying's efforts and that started to worry Siofra. Something was terribly wrong in all this.
Frantically, the half-elf tried to figure out a way how she could hit that awful shape of a jug so that the liquid would spill onto the man but no one else, most of all not the dragons. She frankly didn't care about the others. They would probably run away anyway, otherwise they would already have done something, but instead they had been backing away, one of them constantly staring at their leader with a freaked-out look on his face. He probably had not known he was working for a maniac. Probably had not even known what he was supposed to do here for real, but had only been following orders without using his brain.
When Yang started stirring and talking to Ying, Siofra let out a tiny sigh, glad that at least the problem of waking her and carrying her out was solved, though they still were stuck down here, with no apparent way out. Especially now that the head lab technician was now threatening Ying with the liquid and thus rooting him to the spot. At least one of the men was now completely immobilised after Ying's throw. What if she shot him in the wrist? That should work. Made it useless in any case and he wouldn't be able to keep grasping the bottle. Then he shouldn't be able to throw it either.
And then she had an idea. The man was close enough to the cage already. Yang just needed to back away as far as possible. And if she would shoot an arrow straight throw his elbow from this angle, the liquid would surely not miss the bars of the cage - just in case they couldn't get a hold of the key. The only way to do this though was to get Ying or Yang to listen to her thoughts, as whispering was not a good idea. The leader would hear. She tried to lock eyes with Yang as the leader was distracted with Ying and Siofra hoped that the white dragon would notice if Ying didn't listen to what she was thinking. In case, the man had an eye upon her as well though, she lowered her bow a little, feigning to be scared. She knew she could react much quicker than he would. His throw had not been the quickest on the face of the earth. Shooting him would give them the time she needed to get Yang out.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Yang saw the strange woman staring at her, and for a second, she thought she was on the leader's side. But she soon realised she wasn't since she was next to Ying, and not threatening him, nor him threatening her. Yang seemed confused as to why the female was staring at her, until she began to read her mind. Nodding, she backed up in her cage. the leader sensed the movement and gave a quick glance to her, he pulled out his sword with the other hand and placed the jug upon the floor. "Although I am not a Yiang dragon and cannot read minds," he began. "I can take a guess at what your planning. You wish to shoot me with that bow and arrow of yours? Well let me tell you, you will be having a hard time trying to get it to hit me. For I can reflect bullets with my sword." Ying let out a snarl as he said these words and took a step forwards, dodging the small amount of liquid upon the floor. What was this man doing? Hadn't he said they had captured Yang to lure the Tribal battle Blood over here so they could get the Golden Egg? But then he realised, Yern had been lying.That cheaeky, little, sod. Ying so desperatly wanted to kill that man, and the next time they met, he most probably would.

Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 pm

~(I'm taking a wild guess here hehe, but machine guns have not been invented yet, right?)~

Her sudden joy that Yang had understood was ripped apart into little pieces when the lab technician put the jug onto the floor and pulled out a sword. Where was Shetan when she needed him?! her sword was still strapped to his saddle.. Now that was the best place to be, nothing would make it dirty or break. At least she could still be sarcastic, no matter how bad the situation. She played her cards like the leader had done as well. Her hood partially covered her face in shadows as usual, she had pulled it further down before entering the castle. It had become a habit, hiding was much easier if nobody saw your face.
She started laughing in a low but cold voice. "So you can deflect bullets," she mocked. Bullets were fired slow, one after the other after being reloaded. Arrows were faster, and they could be shot two at once. Considering his arrogance, the man would probably not believe that a woman would be any good at this. Though she had completely lost track of who this man really was. A sword fighter in a lab? That could hardly be a coincidence. There seemed to be something much bigger going on than they had realised and from the looks of it, nobody was supposed to know about this and they would most likely do whatever it takes to keep it that way.
Challenging him with looks, without uttering another word, she wanted to see how he would react. The sword had come a little quicker than his throw of the purple liquid before, but he was still slow. Was he only bluffing? Or was he really good with that thing? She didn't really believe it, seeing his previous actions but if there was one thing she had learned very early during her career, then it was to never underestimate an opponent. Since then her senses to picking up others' movements had heightened a lot and she was usually never wrong...

Last edited by Eldarwen on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : annoying typos...)
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Ooc;; No ;D

Bic;; The leader quickly snatched up the bottle and took a few steps back towards Yang's cage, still facing Ying and Siofra however. His sword in one hand, and liquid in another. "Go on," he teased to Siofra. "I dare you." With that, he clicked a small, red button on the belt of his jeans. There was just a few seconds of silence, beofre all the doors of the laboratory swung open and soldiers came pouring in. Quickly locking onto Siofra and Ying with their swords. However, before they attacked, they cricled them, completely cutting them of from the leader. "Just knock them out, we can deal with the girl later. But I want the dragon alive..." The leader smirked. he was indeed, a nasty piece of work. Ying went to attack the men, but before he did so, a soldier in the background shot a tranquilizer at him and Siofra. Hitting the black dragon on his hind, right, leg and Siofra on her arm which held the bow and arrow.. Ying's eyes rolled before he came crashing to the ground. "Excellent," he muttered.

Ooc;;; ...XD

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:37 pm

~(You're really doing this on purpose, aren't you? Razz You're making me sweat here!! lol *think think think for a good reply* This will be a tough one to get out again)~

Before Siofra could even reply the bastard had managed to get masses of soldiers into the room, surrounding them immediately. Not wanting to give up, she kept her bow and arrow at the ready, but she knew there was nothing they could do. They were helplessly outnumbered. Only a wonder, probably a magical wonder could help them now, but there was nothing like that in sight. They were on their own. Two dragons, one of them encaged, and a half-elf with a bow. Not much of an opposition to a high number of heavy-armed men. Worst of all, soldiers, who would simply listen to an order and execute it without thinking. Not a lovely thought.
Siofra tried to figure out how they could have missed all these doors and that so many men were standing outside them, but there was not much time to think about anything, as they were quite immediately shot. She barely had the force to muster a sarcastic grin towards Ying in response to his statement. And then it all went dark. At least then Siofra didn't have the possibility to start thinking over possibilities what they were going to do with her as apparently they didn't need her anymore.

No idea how much time had passed or where she were, where Ying and Yang were, she felt that she was slowly regaining consciousness, but refrained from stirring, sensing it would be better to lay still and not let people around her know that she was awake. It might give her more chance to escape. Already she was whipping up plans to get out. Maybe they had realised who she was, maybe the king had send for her? Despite her dislike for the king, she knew he liked her because she did her job well and maybe he would put in a good word for her if he knew what had happened, though that would still give her no possibility to get the Yiang dragons out of this precarious situation as no one really knew what was going on, least of all Siofra. She had lost track of who had been telling lies and who had only partially wrapped the truth into fantastical stories.

~(Meh, not too much to work with really, sorry.)~
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:16 pm

The Leader didn't waste no time at all in ordering the two unconsious bodies to be moved. "Come on!" He called, "The drugs only last for half an hour, use your useless bodies for once, or I'll pour this liquid over your head..." He was stern, there was no doubt about that. After everything had been set into place, Ying stirred. Opening his eyes, everything was blurry. How he hated the side-affects of the drugs on him. He had to blink a few times and his eyes rolled before anything became focused. Even then, it took a few seconds to do so. Looking around, he saw that he was in a cage next to Yang, her looking at him with a worried expression on her face. And next to him on the other side, Siofra too, was in a cage but a smaller one being that. "Your awake!" Yang whispered, trying not to cause too much attention, but it failed. For, staring into the three cages, stood Yern. For in that half an hour, he had heard the news and made his way back here to his 'heaquarters'. An evil grin crossed his face, and it was visible that he had a bandage around his head from where Siofra had cut him with her arrow. "Wakey, wakey sleepy head,." He snickered, being full-aware that Ying could not harm him from inside those bars.

As soon as Ying saw Yern, he let out a loud growl and he so badly wished to kill the man. Kill him on the spot. Standing up quickly, he stumbled from the drugs, but attempted to launch forwards at the man. Simply because it had not quite sunk in that he was locked up. He bashed into the side of the cage, and it didn't give way at all. Ying pushed his head up right to the side of the bars and stared Yern full in the face. "let me out of here." His anger and hatred for the man showed completely.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:34 pm

When Siofra heard Ying's voice she was glad that he at least was still alive, though it probably also meant that they were still trapped in the lab. The other voice however was irritating, very irritating. What was that scum doing here again? Why did he even come back, fulfilling another precious quest for the king? Siofra felt contempt for Yern and the king, more than she had ever before. If it hadn't been for them, she wouldn't be in this intricate situation.
Before she opened her eyes and give away that she had come to as well, she tried gathering her thoughts once more. It was absolutely necessary to figure something out to get out of her, alive possibly. But it was hard to concentrate with a headache. The drugs had done their work well, they were still messing with her head and on top of this, the mark on her forehead, always hidden underneath the black velvet band, was burning. It had never hurt this much, it had never even hurt before except for the very beginning when she had received it. Probably that was yet another side effect of the tranquilizer, not a very pleasant one.
She felt her pulse throbbing in her head and it nearly made her sick. She had to turn onto her stomach completely when she started coughing, thinking she was going to throw up. Thus, she gave away that she was awake again, but she wouldn't have been able to fake it much longer anyway, they knew how long the tranquilizer's effects held on. When she finally turned round to see Yern's face, she could have punched him. The grin in his face was like a kick in the teeth. She had the awful feeling he would be trying to get revenge for the previous humiliation Ying and Siofra had caused him. However, if they should get out in one functioning piece, then she would get back to him for whatever he did to her and for lying to them before. Though these thoughts surprised her herself as she usually was not the kind to openly seek revenge. She did not grant him with answers, simply staring at him with cold eyes that spoke volumes.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 5:16 pm

Yern raised an eyebrow at Ying's remark. "Oh, I'm afraid I can't do that..." He pulled his hair back from his forehead, before ficking it back. Wincing slightly at the pain from when Siofra cut him with her arrow. He tool a quickglance at Siofra, before returning his gaze back to Ying. "You see, we need you and your sister to drink this liquid. It was originally just going to be your sister, but the more the merrier I guess. When we saw you two for the same time, we didn't have enough equipment to bring you both back. So we brought the lighter one back." Ying snorted in the man's face. Making his hair move slightly. "There is no-way me or my sister is drinking that." The Yiang Dragon's voice was stern. "Ahh," Yern smiled again. "That's where your wrong...you can either drink it, or we will force you too." Ying looked at him, staring into his eyes. Allowing his eyes to blaze with fire. "No." He growled. "Well," the man began again. "Loks like we are going to have to do it the hard way then..." he wuickly walked over to the golden bowl and filled a mug upon the floor with some of the purple liquid. Thankully, the bowl and mug were both made out of the same metal. The metal of which the liquid didn't burn - persh.

Yern walked back over to the three cages, this time standing infront of Yang's. "Your brother is stubborn isn't he? Lets see if your any different. Drink this, or die." Yang lowered her head low and spoke quietly. "Make me," she murmered, baring her teeth. Suddenly, she flicked her tail around, the black ball at the end of it only just fitting through the gaps in the bars. She hit Yern full in the face with it and made him fall over bckwards. He yelped as he hit the floor, only just realising that he had dropped the liquid as the mug hit the floor and fell upon its side. Persh was strong, and therefore it didn't crack. The purple liquid spilled out of it and spread out all over the floor, sizzling but not burning it as it too, was made out of persh. However, it soon trickled over to the bottom of Yang's cage...

It ate away at it and soon created a hole in the bottom of it. Spreading over the fron of the cage and eating away at the bars. It only took a few seconds before half of the cage had gone completely. Yang quickly lunged forwards out of the cage, just in time before the whole cage disintergrated. Thankfully, she had leapt over the spilt liquid and she growled. Watching intensly as she heard footsteps nearby coming closer out of the room. She had guessed Yern had pressed the emergancy button upon his belt as he fell. One exactly like the leader had. Hang on...where was the leader? Her ears pricked up as something behind her spoke. "uards, don't come in. Leave this to me and Yern..."

Turning around, she stared the leader full in the face. Quickly looking at the jug filled with liquid in his hand. He only sneered. "Nice work." He smiled, not even looking to his side as Yern acompanied him, rubbing his back. Yang didn't take her eyes off them, only walking side-ways, and then backwards as the man carried on talking. "You see, Yern here is very un-experienced. So it was easy to tell that you were going to do something to escape. But no matter..." As he spoke, he began to walk forwards, leaving Yern behind him. But as he took one step forwards, Yang took one step back, placing herself infront of the two cages which held Yang and Siofra. "You will now pay!" The leader shouted, before throwing a whole jug of the liquid towards Yang. She quickly leaped side-ways, using her wings as guidance. She landed upon the floor and turned to see the liquid hit both Ying and Siofra's cage. She smiled, humans are really dumb. She thought.

Last edited by Monty on Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:29 am

A pang of satisfaction filled Siofra when she saw that Yern was still hurting from her cut, though the feeling quickly left her again when considering the situation. There seemed to be less and less chance for them to get out of the ruins, especially if they wanted to do it while still alive. She followed the conversation with growing discomfort. Something about Yern's attitude rang alarm bells in her head, though she couldn't put her finger on what it was. Never taking her eyes off him, she watched how he filled a mug with the purple liquid and it made her even uneasier. What was he planning on doing? How are they planning on forcefeeding the dragons? Even if they had guns pointed at them, that wouldn't help much, because they couldn't really put a lot of bullets into them to get them to drink because they needed them alive and functioning for their plan.
When the mug fell to the floor, the half-elf drew in her breath sharply. Her heart was pounding, and to her it sounded so loud that she was sure everybody else in the room could hear it just as well as her. This was not good. The liquid slowly made its way towards Yang's and her cages, already eating away the bars of the dragon's cage. Luckily, the dragon could escape the liquid and the crumbling cage before she was hurt. Though the situation did not improve at all as the liquid stopped its flow just before reaching Siofra's cage. Not even a corner of the cage was disintegrated so she would at least have been able to try and get out somehow. No, her cage remained completely intact and closed.
The sudden appearance of the leader set Siofra's heart rate flying again, especially as she was lost in thougts of how to escape the cage. The guy gave her the creeps, the more she learned how evil he could be. Keeping out of the discussion as she didn't have much leverage anyway, plus they seemed to have forgotten about her, which was not necessarily a bad thing, Siofra kept her eyes locked on the enemies, trying to figure out what their next move was going to be.
However, that a gush of purple liquid would come flying her way had not been part of her plans. She let out a small cry and jumped up as the leader threw the mug towards her. Yang jumped out of the way, otherwise she would have been hit. The idea was a good one, namely that Siofra's cage would start dissolving. But the force of the throw made the liquid fly far into the cage directly towards Siofra. The half-elf shrieked, a rush of panic waved through her and she stopped thinking. Her mind was completely blank and her reactions simply stopped. Images of her life flashed passed her, of her childhood, her loved ones, Shetan, and especially her brother. A picture of her deceased brother stuck in her mind, forcing her to start reflecting on her options again. She couldn't die young, she couldn't die without finding out what really happened to her brother. She simply had to fulfill the silent promise she had made to her brother, to resolve the mystery around his death. But she still could not bring herself to move and the liquid came closer and closer, almost touching her.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:47 pm

As the liquid hit Ying's cage also, he ducked quickly as many droplets flew passed the bars after burning them up. But luckily, he was able to duck intime for he was expecting his sister to do something like that. But he soon turned to where Siofra stood fixed to the spot. What was she doing? Move, why wouldn't she move? He could tell she was thinking about something, but what? Now would have been a prime moment for either him or Yang to read her mind, but now was not the time at all...time? There was none? Quickly, Ying struck his tail through the side of her cages bars after his had been somewhat melted by the purple liquid. He didn't have time to wrap his tail all the way around her, so he literally pushed her side-ways out of the direction of the liquid. Either get pushed and get hit, or get pushed and live. It could have been afterall, a life and death situation.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 6:52 pm

Pearls of sweat were forming on her forehead from the pressure she was under. The panic got her into a state where none of her bodily functions worked the way they should. Though she finally started waking from the frozen state that had captured her. It hit her early enough so she could catch herself before she fell face first into the bars of the cage Ying had pushed her towards to get her out of harms way. Shaking, she straightened herself up again, turning towards Ying's general direction with a thankful glance in her eyes.
The half-elf had no idea what had happened to her or how something like this could actually have happened. Usually, she was really quick in reaction and didn't panic easily, so she could not explain what had come over her just now. She was just glad that somebody had reacted and Ying had actually just saved her life with his push. She could see the grin on Yern's face and she was sure that it meant no good, as usual.
How could this have happened? What was wrong with her? Her heart beat was racing, and she was sweating like after a marathon. The images were still flickering in front of her eyes and she couldn't really focus on what she was seeing, everything appearing as vague shapes and blurs. She wanted to kick herself awake again, to shake herself so she could get a grip again. Who knew what was about to happen next and she at least wanted to stand a fighting chance when it came to deciding what they were to do with her.
She was crouching against the bar, trying to stay away from the purple blob in front of her that was slowly spreading across the floor. Maybe towards the cage itself?
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Ying gave a quick smile to Siofraas she glanced in his direction, he was just glad she was okay. But his smile was soon wiped away from his face as Yang walked over to his side, reminding him just by standing there of why they were here. Quickly, the liquid ate away at Siofra's cage, stopping half way, but it was enough for her to clamber out of. "Oh," the leader began as he re-filled his mug with the liquid and signalling to Yern to do the same. "That was quite a show." He snickered, before turning back around to face them, also seeing that yern had obeyed but this time, had filled his gun up with the liquid. It was made out of the same material as the mug and bowl thankfully, and this would allow the gun to let out small paint-like balls of the horrid liquid. The thought of this made Ying and Yang shudder. 'Distract him," Ying muttered. "And I'll get Siofra on my back, then maybe we can get the mug off him and use it to melt away part of the ceiling so we can get out of here." Ying's words were clear, eventhough they were spoken through his mind.

Without even nodding, Yang walked forwards towards the leader and began to walk around him. Never allowing her eyes to come away from him, the leader turning slowly on the spot as he followed her. Her gaze was sincered, andher eyes never faltering and praying away from the target of the man. "Now!" She said through her mind towards Ying. Obeying, the black Yiang dragon lunged towards were Siofra stood and knelt down, encouraging her to get on his back. But as he did this, the leader turned to look at him, and he was about to throw the liquid-filled mug at them both, when it was snatched out of his hands by Yang's white paw and she flew high up in the room towards the ceiling. A shot of liquid from Yern's gun was shot towards her, missing her by literate inches.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:16 am

The purple blob was eating away at the bars! Siofra's eyes slowly began to focus again and she could see more clearly what was happening around her. The melted bars that might leave her just enough space to scramble out were the first thing she noticed. Then, she registered that the Yiang dragons seemed to have a plan as Yang slowly moved towards the leader to turn his gaze away from Ying and her. She didn't need help this time to understand what was about to happen, so she quickly crawled through the whole in the cage, frantically trying to avoid to touch the liquid.

As soon as she was out of the cage, Ying was already beside her, beckoning her to climb onto his back. And then everything happened real quick. While Yang was snatching the mug from the leader's hand and flew towards the ceiling, she jumped onto Ying's back when she suddenly saw her weapons lying behind the leader's desk. She couldn't leave them, they would come in handy later and obviously they had personal value to her. After all, the sword was from her brother and he was the one that kept her from falling into a complete blackout.

Just as Ying was getting ready to get a move on, Siofra hurriedly jumped off his back again, scurrying towards her weapons, forgetting everything else around her. She had to get them back. She could only imagine the look on Ying's face but she simply had to do this. The quiver and arrow - which Yern and the others luckily had not thought of unstringing - were quickly on her back where they belonged. The sword would take a little longer and she decided to simply snatch it and run back towards Ying.

That was when she saw Yern turning towards them.. After the initial shock of seeing her holding her weapons in her hand, an evil grin spread across her face as he held up the gun, aiming at her. She froze in her steps and then he fired at her. Her reactions back to normal speed, she let herself fall back behind the desk for cover but then realised there was no actual bullet sound. Peeking behind the corner of the desk, she saw that Yern was shaking the gun wildly and pulling the trigger constantly without anything happening. 'This is my chance,' the half-elf thought and sprinted back to the black dragon.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:48 am

As Siofra clambered up onto his back, he was ready to take off and follow his sister, when suddenly, she jumped off. What was she doing? He turned to her frantically and saw her rushing towards her weapons. Now was not the time for that! But then he remembered, the herbs that could only cure the purple liquid. It was good thinking of her, but quite nerve-racking. As he saw Yern's gun not fire, he took a sigh of relief. He then helped Siofra mount him once more and this time, he took off with no problem. It only took a few flaps of his wings before he joined Yang at the ceiling top. The white Yiang dragon let out a quick smile before throwing the mug at the ceiling and smashing it, the purple liquid spraying out all over it and beginning to eat away at it. Until suddenly, a bullet shot could be heard below them. Ying took a quick glance downwards at the small, two people and was shocked to see that Yern had finally got his gun working again and had tested it on the table. "Hurry!" Ying said, encouraging Yang to go first out off the whole that was slowly getting bigger. Without hesitating, she flew out into the beautiful daylight, and now was Ying's turn. He quickly flapped his wings and sped forwards, his whole body was just about out when another bullet shot was heard from below. The room was suddenly filled with a scream of pain from Ying as it hit his side, just infront of where Siofra's legs' were. This amount of liquid was much larger then the last time he had been hit from Yern, and so was much, much more painful. Ying suddenly felt his whole body go limp, his wings stopped flapping and he began to tumble down the roof top of the old castle. He fell from the top roof-like platform, to the next only a few metres below, then the next, then the next. He was rolling down, and everytime he hit the next roof-top, he came crashing down hard upon it. "Ying!" Yang called, flying down after her brother, fear engulfed her whole body. She was just about to grab him and stop him, when he fell off the final roof top. The ground, about 50 feet below. And he hit the grassy floor. He hit it hard.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:26 am

Siofra didn't dare to hope that they could actually make it out of here alive and unharmed, though she couldn't help feeling a little excited when Ying lifted his body towards the ceiling where Yang was already at work to create their way out. But she should have known this was too good to be true. The sound of a shot being fired made her flinch. Like the other two, she quickly looked down towards Yern and the leader, hoping that she had heard wrong and that maybe Yern had shot himself in the face while testing the gun, but no.

Yern didn't wait long until he fired the second shot this time towards the dragon and to the half-elf's horror, it actually hit this time. Ying's scream was ear-piercing, the purple liquid already burning deep into Ying's flesh and starting to sizzle away at her leg. Drawing it back quickly, she lost her balance. But maybe that was what saved her life as she felt Ying tumbling and falling. Then they hit the roof and started tumbling towards. Now it was Siofra's turn to scream, loudly. Frantically, she tried to get a grip on Ying, but realised that the dragon would not be able to fly. "Yaaaaang!" she screamed, hoping that the white dragon could still grab her brother and save him from the terrible fall that would come if they could not stop before reaching the end of the roof.

And then they reached the first landing and it pumped out all the air of Siofra's lungs. They hit it so hard that she had the feeling that as if every single bone in her body had been crushed. All the air being out and barely being able to move, there was nothing she could do to prevent her falling with Ying to the next plateau of the roof, the hits not getting any softer but at least the rush of their fall being slightly broken from the fall onto the various landings. 'Hold on, hold on, hold on,' she kept telling herself over and over again, now trying to grab at anything that came along her way on the roof, anything that would make her stop falling down. She knew how high the roof top had been and she really did not want to die, falling from it. After all, she was only a tiny human being.

Then she finally grabbed a piece of the roof, hoping that it would hold her, if the full force of the fall and Ying's pull would be released upon it. It cracked away and Siofra went flying again with the black dragon unto the next landing. Without any idea how many more were to come, Siofra hoped this was not the last one. By now she had falllen off Ying's back, now painfully sliding on her own over the roof, her leg burning like hell, even enforced by little particles of dirt finding their way into the open wound. If she had the air to do so, she would have screamed out in pain. Another bump in the roof sent her flying, landing hard on the edge of the roof, where she frantically tried to grab a hold so as not to fall off. Nearly out of strength, she could barely hold on anymore, dangling over a gap of nothingness. The ground about 50 feet below her, as this was the last landing she could have fallen off. She heard the, to her, deafening sound of Ying's body crashing to the floor, tears forming in her eyes as the fear started spreading through her. She could only wish that the Yiang dragon had survived this fall, maybe cushioned a little by his size. She didn't want to think of what would happen should she fall. Every single bone in her body would be ripped into tiny pieces. Panting and her heart beating quicker than it had ever before, she realised she was losing her grip on the roof. Without the strength to pull herself up, there was no way she would be able to hold on any longer.

She let out a long scream, falling into the darkness, losing consciousness shortly after her strength had left her and the ground was moving closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:10 am

As Ying hit the floor, Yang's face was fullfilled with tears at the crash. She let out a call for his name, swooping down besides him on the floor. She spluttered out his name as the tears kept coming, but something suddenly called her name. She looked up to see Siofra calling her. The white Yiang dragon quickly flew upwards as the elf-girl fell off the final roof-top. She came closer and closer to the ground, forty feet away, thirty, twenty, ten, and at that very moment, Yang was able to catch her. But the very force that Siofra was falling at pushed her towards the ground, aswell and she hit it. But thankfully, Siofra in her grip didn't manage to touch even a blade of grass from the floor. Yes, Yang had cushioned her fall. She had fallen on her back, but it didn't hurt as much as she thought, for ten feet wasn't as much as fifty. Rolling onto her side, Yang placed Siofra gently down upon her side on the floor, a few metres away from Ying. She couldn't believe her eyes, both of them were unconsious! No, she kept saying to herself, no. NO! Quickly, ang examined Siofra's wounds, how they must hurt. But thankfully, no liquid had struck her. But the cuts and scratches alone from the roof put together must hurt as much. Yang didn't want to think about it, resting her head down, Yang heard her still breathng.

Then she turned to Ying, holding her tears back, she walked over to his side. Nuzzling him, she repeated his name. "Ying, Ying, please be alright." But then his side caught her eye. The liquid, that horrible, horrible liquid. It had already spread to about double the side, maybe Siofra could cure it with all her herbs? She didn't know, but she had to atleast try. Scuffling over to the elf's bag, she runaged around. Leaves, herbs, plants, all different shapes, colours and sizes. No, she didn't have a clue. Her best shot was to wake her up, but even then, would she be in a fit state to cure herself and then Ying? She had to try.

Yang looked around, checking that nobody was nearby, thankfully there wasn't. Putting her paws together in a cup-like shape, she pushed them into a stream running alogn the island only 10 metres away. She then splashed Siofra with the icy cold, clear water. Hoping to wake her up. She carried on doing this, in waiting for something to happen. Although she hoped Siofra waked soon, for she didn't know if Ying could last much longer...purple liquid, probably deadly cuts from the spikey roof and then a fifty-foot fall? No, she didn't think he could.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:29 am

Siofra was swirling through a dream, a dream made up of weird impressions more than anything else. The feeling of the fall was still with her and she kept reliving the moment where she let go off the roof and started her way down. She groaned at something watery was flowing all around her. Had she fallen into a lake? The notion of water being all around her, swooping over her head, made her suddenly jump up. Still dizzy as the darkness only slowly lifted from her brain, she saw a white blur hanging over her. She rubbed her head, but she immediately lowered her arm again as a searing pain shot through it. Only now she noticed that every inch of her body was screaming with pain. Especially the patch on her leg that was slowly starting to grow but the dirt seemed to have slowed down the effect of the purple liquid. Thankfully! Otherwise she might be without a leg already, depending on how long she had been lying here. Wait a minute, lying? Floor? How had she gotten here? What had happened? She tried to stand up, but her legs gave in under the weight of her body. She was still too weak. Finally, she realised that the white blur was no other than the Yiang dragon.

"Wha..Wha..," the half-elf tried to speak but couldn't get out a single word. Her mouth was dry and felt like she had eaten sand. The water Yang had splashed into her face was making its way down her features but everything was dusty and the water wouldn't taste good, if she could even get her tongue round to catch a few of the drops but she felt like she couldn't move at all. Her body was completely numb and felt like it was shattered into a hundred pieces. So, she only gave Yang a questioning look.

Then the thought of Ying hit her, she quickly turned her head to figure out where the black dragon was lying but the movement was too quick and everything went blurry again. She started swaying and nearly fell back into the grass again but managed to keep in the sitting position she had jumped up into when she first woke up. Tears were forming in her eyes not only from the exhaustion of trying to get her bodily functions back to a level where she could use them but also because she was worrying about Ying. Yang didn't look unharmed either, but she seemed to be okay and not too badly hurt. Nothing that couldn't heal by itself after a little while at least. Though worry was stamped on her forehead and the look in her eyes was one of utter sadness. She had a sense of loss about her, which could only mean one thing. No, he couldn't be dead, not after they finally managed to get out, he couldn't have died!

She motioned to Yang to fetch her a little water, hoping the dragon would understand. Not even waiting for a reaction from the dragon, Siofra disregarded her pain and started fumbling through the herbs that Yang had already rummaged through. She immediately found what she was looking for and started to mix the two plants together as she had done before, getting a huge dose ready to give to Ying. Remembering the big splash that had hit him, she didn't want to think about how far it had spread so far and how much it would hurt him. She only hoped that the paste wouldn't come too late.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 11:53 am

Yang let out a sigh of relief as Siofra awoke, she didn't think she was in a fit state to stand yet, but atleast she was alive. She heard the elf stutter, and so she smiled. "I caught you," watching as Siofra signalled something, she couldn't quite get what it was, but she soon read her mind and realised she needed water. Dashing off, she curled the end of her tail around and figured it would hold more water than her paws. After dipping her tail into the water, she came back to Siofra and placed the cup-like tail down next to her items, wondering what she would do. How she could only hope that Ying would be alright, for the liquid that had hit him was somewhat big. Suddenly, Yang noticed something upon Siofra's leg, had she been hit to? She narrowed her eyes...yes! Yang considered herself yo be lucky, she had only come out with a few scratches from cushioning Siofra's landing.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:17 pm

As soon as Yang had brought the water, Siofra dipped her fingers in it and took a few drops at a time to moisten the plants she had just mashed up in her hand. She had used all except for one leaf of everything, that she wanted to use for safekeeping, in case they would need it again later. She did not believe that they were out of danger yet. Not only because all of them had to heal but also because they were still dangerously close to Yern and his companions. They could easily storm outside and take them hostage again.

She couldn't resist the temptation of the water though and scooped up the tail forming a cup and drank a little of the water herself, so she could at least talk to Yang, because even though the dragon was able to read her mind, it was not quite the same. Once her mouth was moistened a little, she thanked the dragon for saving her life. But the real thanks had to keep for later because saving Ying was first priority now. Siofra got to her feet, still swaying from side to side but she nevertheless forced her hurting legs to move over to where she had discover that Ying was lying and without thinking about how the wound looked like,she immediately began spreading the paste across the edges of the wound so the purple liquid couldn't spread further than it already had. The wound did look really bad, it almost made her sick. That's also when the half-elf noticed that her stomach had been empty for quite some time. When was the last time she had eaten anything?

Focusing back on the thing at hand, Siofra tried to avoid eye contact with Yang, knowing full well that the dragon was crying, praying that her brother would survive this. To be honest, Siofra wasn't sure if he would. The paste would help to close the wound, as it had done before, but it did not help against smashed bones. Wait a minute, maybe she did have something she could use? "Could you get some more water please?" she asked Yang. "And try to force feed Ying with it?" The girl herself hurried back to her herbs as quickly as she could, rummaging through them once more, trying to find what she was looking for. She couldn't find the exact herb she was looking for but she did find a root she could try to dissolve in a little water and make Ying drink it to relieve the pain a little. But it would work better if he weren't unconscious. She packed all the herbs, scattered across the floor back into their pouch and reattached her belt. Most of the arrows had been severely damaged during the fall, but as through a wonder, the bow had stayed intact. But then she noticed it. Her sword was missing!
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:41 pm

Yang nodded abruptly and walked over to the stream again, filling her tail-cup with water. How was she suppposed to force-feed her brother? Kneeling down next to Ying, she opened her mouth and poured some water down his throat. She hoped he would stir, or move atleast, but he didn't. The only movement was his stomach rising and falling slowly as he breathed. Yang poured a little over his face, but still he did not waken. She turned a frantic look over to Siofra. What should she do now? Sit and watch? Yang felt completely helpless, her brother was lying on the floor unconsious and all she could do was get him some water. But Ying wasn't the only injured creautre here, "are you alright?" Yang muttered, directing the question to Siofra. For she knew that she must be hurt badly aswell, and she was doing everything she could to help Ying - what about herself?

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:53 pm

"I'll be fine," she waved off Yang's question and turned back to Ying. She smeared a little more of the paste over his wound, finally getting the result she was hoping for. It sizzled a little in places as the liquid reacted with the paste but slowly the wound started to look a little better. The white dragon was right though, she should take care of her own wound as well, after all it was an open wound that was growing wider and there was not too much of the paste left now.
She walked down to the stream to clean out the wound a little but seeing that it didn't help at all, she simply smeared the paste over it, hoping it would work its magic quickly. Contorting her face in pain as the paste started to smooth out the edges of the wound, she put the final bit of the paste onto a large leave for safe-keeping and then washed her hands in the water. Kneeling down, she dunked her head into the water to refreshen it and to help her think quicker again. Though her body was still aching, she grew used to moving with the pain, she had to. They still were not out of harms way, something she kept reminding herself of over and over again.
Walking back, she pondered what else she could do for the black dragon. He was breathing evenly, which probably meant that he didn't feel the pain in the state he was in. That could give her the possibility to try and work on his wounds and bones a little. It wasn't something she wanted to do with a dragon that was fully awake, because even if they were nice, instincts might take over and they could fight back against the pain, even if it would be better once they sat through the pain caused by helping hands.
"Don't worry, Yang," she tried to soothe the dragon. "He will be fine." Even though she was not completely sure of this herself, it felt good to say it out loud. And she immediately got back to work. Soaking a tiny bit of the root in the water that was still in the cup-form, she signaled Yang that she could feet this to him as well, while she herself started to clean out the other wounds with a piece of cloth she had soaked in the stream.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:14 pm

Yang nodded, before feeding the roots to Ying, still no movement. But she was just glad he couldn't feel the pain, but even looking at the paste, she thought it must hurt. If she ever got hit by the liquid...she cut that thought out of her mind. Suddenly, she heard a groan as Siofra was working on the other wounds aronud Ying. Turning her head sharply, she saw Ying's head move, then another groan was let out. "Ying!" She called, nuzzling his cheek, thankful that he was alive. But she soon stepped back to give him some room. Yang wanted to scream out, but it probably wouldn'y do any good for her brother so she didn't.

"Wh-OUCH!" Ying turned his head but it soon fell against the floor as his body was filled with pain. He closed one eye as the incredible pain in his side suddenly grew as the paste spread over it. He just wanted to scream out, but pain itself had taken his voice away. Both of his eyes slowly filled with a few tears, but never rolling down his face. His breathing increased rapidly and everything around him seemed a blur. He was dizzy, he couldn't make anyone out, the only thing he knew, was that he was hurt. He hadn't even heard his sister calling him. Ying suddenly let out a great roar of pain as the purple liquid and paste reached their peak and suddenly dissapeared like last time he was hit. The wound completely gone, and no pain from where it was. But he continued to pant, for he felt cuts and scratches all over his body. His vision was getting clearer now, and he felt someone rubbing herbs on him. "S...Si...Siofra?" He muttered, "Y...Ya...Yang?"

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:28 pm

Siofra looked up from the wound she was working on as Yang started scurrying about and calling Ying. She felt the movement underneath her hands as Ying slowly regained consciousness. 'Now the pain will kick in', she thought, feeling sorry for him. It must be so much worse for him as he took the full blow of everything, not to mention the purple liquid. It had really taken its toll this time. But already the paste was working, like last time, and soon the disgusting open wound disappeared. Siofra let out a sigh when she saw it. At least this part was over now.

"Stay calm, Ying," Siofra never stopped working, while she tried to calm Ying. "We're both here, and we're both fine." Her own wound was now painfully reacting as well, but she knew that it should be gone soon enough. But she had to figure out what to do with her broken ribs, as she was sure it was more than one she had broken. She'd already felt down her sides when she was at the stream, checking that not bone pieces were sticking out. As far as she could make out there was no threat to her lungs either so she could move. Until they were far away from here, she would not want to rest anyway.

"Could you get some more water, Yang? I will crumble some more of the root into it, to further ease his pain. But I can't give him more than that, otherwise it will be too strong." With that, she turned back towards the wound her hands had been working on by themselves. She didn't have to look at what they were doing, she was used to it. Slowly, she had worked her way through his whole side and part of the legs. But getting him to lie differently so she could treat the other side would be a more interesting task, as he was probably still too much in pain to move. But at least the bones in his legs were not broken.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:51 pm

Once again, Yang recieved the water from the lake and placed her tail down next to Siofra. Her feelings couldn't be explained at this moment, just a feeling of sadness and worry, but then a huge relief that her brother had woken. She had no idea what he was feeling right now, but she could only guess it would be pain. "W...where...a...am I? W..what happened?" Ying's voice was quiet, his mouth was not dry because of the water Yang had given to him. Able to see as of normal now, Ying thought it would be best for him to get out of this uncomfortable position as when he had landed on his side from the fall.

Re-aranging his legs and fighting the pain, Ying lifted his huge body from the ground. But as his legs took the weight, his right shoulder suddenly felt as if it was being stabbed repeatadly. Ying let out an immense roar of pain as it seemed to buckle beneath him, causing him to come crashing down upon the grassy floor. But this time on his other side. No wonder his shoulder hurt, for that was the main thing he had landed on from that fifty foot fall. Could things get any worse?

Suddenly, calls were heard from the castle, causing Ying and Yang's heartbeat to raise.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:09 pm

"We're still outside the castle. You took quite a fall, you know. But please try not to talk too much, keep your strength," Siofra advised. And she hadn't said that too soon as she realised why Ying could not support himself on his right leg. It was most likely broken. That would need much more medicine and quiet than he could get her and there lay the problem. At least, he was now lying on his other side, so the half-elf immediately started cleaning the wounds on the now free side. It didn't look nearly as bad as the other side, but it was still badly scratched.

"Can you use your wings? Can you fly?" She did not ask this a second too late, as now there were shouts within the castle. Siofra jumped up, trying to pinpoint where the shouts were coming from and how long they might have before they were surrounded again. They had to get out of her, real quick. Otherwise there was no way Ying could fight back anyone with a mug full of liquid in their hands trying to force him to drink. Technically, he didn't need his legs to be able to support him if he was flying. She was only hoping this would work.

Then her eyes rushed to the forest. How far away where they from the location where they started off from? Where was Shetan? She couldn't just leave him here. Admittedly, they would be quicker if they were flying, but her stallion was her most loyal companion and she couldn't bare the thought of losing him. It was bad enough her sword was gone, her last remembrance of her brother. She let out a long and loud whistle, hoping that the stallion could hear her. If so, then he would be here within seconds. Precious seconds, she knew, but she had to do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next