Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:54 pm

"Ouch!!" Abraxas yelled, jumping up, still have asleep. Furious, she turned around to stare at the thing that had so brutally awakened her. But there was nothing. She could have sworn though that something had prickled her in the bum. She shook her head, trying to get rid of the last drowsiness. It was a nice morning, the sun was coming up behind the trees, bright as always and the birds were already twittering for quite some time.
Just as she was about to walk away, there it was again, that prickling. She turned around, confused, and then she saw it. A squirrel sitting high up in the tree, armed with pine cones, was shooting them down at the horse dragon and apparently laughing about it as well. Abraxas shot the squirrel an evil look and then decided to walk away, as planned. 'Stupid little animals...' she thought.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:06 pm

Pyre rises reluctantly out f the pool and shakes the lava off himself. The globs fall to the floor with a hiss. Yawning and stretching he walks to the caves opening and looks out on the new day. Pyre makes his way down the the plains to meet up with Abraxas.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Providing herself with a breakfast of fresh grass, Abraxas gave in to her horse nature and moved along the plain to find the best grass spots around. Once in a while, she would see a dragon soar above her. Now that the weather was good again, they seemed to crawl out of their holes and caves to enjoy the sun. It was funny, how different she looked upon the flying dragons now. Knowing how much joy it brought the feel the wind, not only when running free but also when flying, suddenly made her realise that they were not showing off their flight abilities, no, they were simply enjoying the fact that they actually were free, that nothing could get to them as long as the wind would be flying with them.
Lost in thoughts, she stared up towards the mountains, where the light had been at night, but nothing was to be seen now, except for a clear, blue sky.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:22 pm

Pyre sits on a bloulder just shy of the grass and watchs Abraxas graze his way. He sits there and waits to see how long it will take her to notice he was there. He looks up at the sky and see soem of the dragons fly and wishs he wasn't bound to the earth unlike so many other breeds.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:30 pm

She felt observed... though not the tickling, electrifying observing sensation that she had felt the day before when she realised that the black had been watching her. This was completely different. Guessing it would be Pyre, she was tempted to play games but then she thought different, seeing that it was stupid anyway. And games were nevertheless not what she was in the mood for. The squirrel had bummed her out on that one. Though she had to admit it was kind of funny, just not if you were the one that was being hit by stinging pine cones until you were out of reach.
She grazed her way up to where Pyre was sitting, it wasn't even necessary to lift her head, she just followed the look she felt, and then mumbled a "Hello" with her mouth full.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 pm

Pyre smiles as he climbs off the boulder. "Morning enjoying the grass?" He waits till she is done. "Are you ready to work on your flying or have you fill yourself up with food?" He looks up at the sky.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:39 pm

"How about flying later? As a bit of a break between history lessons and whatever is going to follow today." She was just thinking about the many hours they had spent sitting and laying around yesterday, so a bit of movement in between might come in handy for both of them.
"I'll have to learn how to fly with a full stomach eventually, I know," she grinned. "But maybe we could start off easy until I fully grasp how to do it, before we move on to the harder parts. Just a thought though, you're the 'teacher'." She looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to determine the plans for the day.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:43 pm

"Alright we can do it later, would be a nice break from sitting around. How about we work on you fire breathing today?" He looks at her they would have to go to the beach and he could use a drink and something to eat. Besides she could use him as a target while he swims around.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:48 pm

Her eyes started glowing. "Yes, that is a fine idea," she beamed. Learning more about breathing fire was definitely high up on her list of things to learn. And it would be a good thing to know anyway. She walked next to Pyre down to the beach, where he could freshen himself up and get some breakfast, while she eagerly waited on instructions on how she could improve the bits she had already learned. The breathing in deeply and then letting the flames out was going not too bad, as she had already tested on the black the day before. Now, she wanted to learn how to aim properly and shoot into the exact direction she wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Pyre slips into the water and surfaces in the shallows. "Ol now your going to use the tip of your nose to help you aim. You have to learn how to breach a constant flame and a burst of flame. First a constant flame. I want you to try and keep me under the water for as long as you can keep breathing fire." He turns around and swims out where it is deeper and he can move better. He pops his head out of the water. "When ever you are ready Abraxas."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm

~(lol, I'm trying to imagine the scene.. A maniac little purple dragon trying frantically with an evil grin on its face to hit a dark spot in the water but keeps missing whatever it does and burning everything on the way.. *shakes head*)~

Excited like a little hatchling, Abraxas nodded and was aiming the tip of her nose at Pyre. She had to laugh when he popped his head out again to make sure she was actually doing what she was supposed to. She took a deep breath and tried to exhale the flames steadily, but the flames were shaking a lot and thus, small holes in the fire kept reappearing. She couldn't breathe that long anyway since she was still not used to it, but once she had exhaled all the air she had in her lungs, she immediately tried again, after making sure that Pyre was not putting his head out of the water at that exact time. There was no improvement yet, but it wasn't going to be that easy anyway, so she just kept trying and trying, and trying not to accidentally burn anything else on the way, like Pyre's face for instance.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:10 pm

(roughly)

Pyre lays on his back on the lake bottom and watchs the fire shimmer just above the waters surface. During a break in her breathing he bunches himself up and pushing off the lake bottom and rockets out of the water. It was his only way to feel the freedom that fliers feel in the air. Splashing back down into the water and resurfaces. "YOur doing good we have to work on your breathing though. But your doing well." He sloshes out of the water and stands next to her. "Do you have any questions or would you like me to show you how I do it?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:18 am

"I think a demonstration might be a good idea, yes." She was happy about the praise but it always helped to see someone else do it with explanations on what they were doing. Only watching other dragons as she had done so many times before didn't tell her anything about how it had to be done, so this was going to be much more helpful. Plus, she was glad to get a bit of a break to catch her breath again. But it was fun, it really was fun to try and hit stuff with flames.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Little streams of smoke come out of his nose as he uncounciously reachs for the fires within him. Little flmaes lick out the corner of his mouth like he is just holding it in his mouth. He exhales the flames shooting out of his open mouth as it shoot over the water. He moves his head slightly from side to side as the flames move from side to side over the water. Pyre breaths through his nose slow and steady as the flames come out of his mouth. It had taken him some time to learn this trick but once he had it down it had increased his fire breathing. He looks over at Abraxas but kept his mouth pointed to the water. With one big deep exhale the flames stop the waters surface steams slightly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Abraxas watched Pyre breathe his fire strong and even over the water's surface. The flames seemed to do exactly what he wanted them to do, swaying with every move of his head but always keeping steady and straight. There was no wavy and broken chaos as when she tried to do this. She noticed him inhaling through his nose to keep his flames going longer, and she wondered how he managed to do it. Not speaking of how it actually worked since she had thought that breathing in kind of inverted the exhaling. But maybe she had just gotten something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:11 pm

Pyre seeing the confused look on Abraxas face he smiles softyl. "The air feeds the fire making it last longer, there is something to do with the throat and there being a way to breath while breathing unfortunatly there is no way for me to show you that or teach you. It just feels like the throat is open almost like yawning." He looks at her hopeful that she understood what he means. "Would you like me to show you again?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:16 am

She still didn't quite understand what the volcano dragon tried to explain but she did understand that it wasn't something to be taught by someone else, it was something you had to find out for yourself. So, she thought she'd just look at it again, try to remember exactly how he did it and would then eventually maybe start working on it once she could breathe properly herself. Without waving the flames around like fireworks. "Yes, please, show me again."
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 pm

PYre nods and taking in a deep breath repeats his demostration to Abraxas again. After a while he stops and looks at her. "Why don't you try and practice it a little bit." He sits down and watches her.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:35 am

And that's exactly what she did. She was actually enjoying this, though there was not much for her to do other than try over and over again to do the same things until she would reach perfection some day, which definitely was not going to be today.
At some point, she was just completely exhausted from all the breathing and just went down to the water to take a few sips. She wanted to rest for a while, not doing anything, not thinking about anything. But she knew she had to get a move on eventually, either getting up onto the volcano or wherever Pyre wanted to continue the history lessons or she had to practice her flying. Either way she had to stay focused and concentrated. Nevertheless, she suggested: "How about taking a long lunch break? Just take it easy and relax?"
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:05 pm

"How about while we head back tothe plains you practice some flying." Pyre turns and heads into the plains. He was already scenting the air for some large game for them to eat. "Who knows once your able to get up higher you can spot where the herds are and getting lunch will be quicker. You will also learn how to hunt like the others from the sky." He looks over his shoulder at him.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:32 pm

Although she was tired, she agreed. There wasn't much else she could do really. And he did have a point. The hunting should be interesting, even if she might not be needing it that much, the horse part was taking over for food usually and she was quite happy with simply grazing. In winter, the dragon part came in handy as there was not much grass around obviously, so small animals filled her stomach.
She quite easily lifted off now, but the gliding and wing flapping still needed a bit more practice. It would all come with the time and the practice anyway, as most things. Very little things were innate, they all had to be learned at some point in life.

~(I'd suggest to soon skip over a few studying days otherwise we'll just be repeating ourselves I'm afraid... At least I'm slowly running out of ideas with the studying part lol. What do you think? Any other ideas maybe? ^^)
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:07 pm

(yeah i'm out of ideas)

Pyre watchs her like a rpoud parent as he takes in the smells around him. Though faint he caught the smell of some deer and headed that way. He knew Abraxas would fine him. Seeing the heard he lowers himself into the grass and begins to stalk the herd keeping low and looking for the right animal for them.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Noticing that Pyre was distracted, Abraxas tried to find out what was getting his attention and spotted the herd. As Pyre went lower to the ground to observe the herd, ready to make his move, she tried to get a bit higher so she could take in the whole scene, eager to see how Pyre did it. It wasn't every day that you saw a dragon attack deer from the ground. Most dragons, as Pyre had said before, caught their food from out of the sky, flying down like rockets, giving the animals no chance to escape. This should be interesting.
A few other dragons seemed to have the same idea and were starting to circle the area where the herd was grazing, all the while staying high enough so the beasts wouldn't notice the dragons. This should be very interesting indeed.

~(Ok i think after this we can just skip ahead, either you can do or I will. ^^)~
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:01 pm

(ok sounds good to me)

Pyre moves closer keeping down wind of the herd. Pauseing from time to time when one or some of the deer look up. He waits till there heads are back down again before creeping more. Moving around he spots a large buck at the edge of the herd he inches that way. He moves within striking range and lays there watching and wiating for the deer to move closer. The distance between them shrinks as Pyre bunches his muscles under him and lsprings into the air and pounces down on the deer. The hight he got was the closest he ever gets to flight as he lands in the deers back crushing it to death. He looks around for Abraxas and notices the gathering of the other dragons as they watch him hunt.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm

The moment Pyre's body hit the deer, the other animals of the herd jumped in fright and started running. For some it was in vain, as a few of the dragons in the sky were diving downwards, each catching a deer in their huge claws. They were either picking it up and flying away with it or they were starting to devour the deer on the spot where they had caught it.
"That was spectacular," Abraxas awed once she was back on the ground. "The whole hunting thing. It has been a while since I was watching a dragon catch his food, at least since I've been so close by. I'm not the hunting kind of dragon."

They started to eat the deer, Pyre, being his usual friendly self, sharing the deer with her. In the afternoon the went back up to the volcano so Pyre could teach his next part of the history lessons that were still awaiting Abraxas. And they were keeping this up for another few days, always varying the subjects and the things that Abraxas had to practice. It was a lot of fun all in all, and Abraxas learned a lot!

When after nearly two weeks they reached the end of Abraxas' lessons, they both knew they had accomplished quite something! In the evening, they each made their way to their own sleeping places as usual, with a sense of finally being able to completely relax as the training was now completed. Abraxas, after having been quiet for a while, had this weird sense of being watched again. It was prickling all down her back and she stopped in her tracks to look towards where the black seemed to be. She knew it was him..

~(Well, I just moved us forward a bit so we can skip the rest of the studying since it was going to be nearly the same all the time anyway.. Not much else to do for a dragon lol, they can't really start studying maths Wink)~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)   Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Tears (Nox and Eldarwen)
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: