Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:44 am

Kol precariously noshed on a piece of random fish that was fire roasted and had caught his superior sense smell from down the long ling of assorted goods and smells. After he had wolfed down his food, he reached down to intertwine his hand with Raven's. As the boat that had been described to him came into view he stood thinking for a moment, letting Raven's question roll over his thoughts.

"Perhaps, I can't see the harm in it." Kol said, casually shrugging his shoulders as he walked towards the boat. It was of a rather large size and most likely equipped to handle several men. Kol looking around for a few minutes before finding the loading planks and kept an eye open for someone to talk to before entering the vessel.

Zaknafein smirked as he felt the cool sea air on his bare skin. He stood on the helm of his ship and inhaled the crisp hair. His dirty blonde, shaggy hair whipped around his face despite the dark brown bandanna he kept on his head in an attempt to keep the wild locks from his face. His eyes were a deep amber-brown color that held a spark to them, showing how much he enjoyed what he does. His open white shirt was plain, but his bare abdomen was anything but and the two simple belts on his pants hung at two different angles to give him room for weapons. His pants were a simple cut that was tailored to his body perfectly. Zak readjusted his dark brown gloves that went just below the elbows and had the fingers cut from them to as he could move freely.

Zak was a contradiction in and of itself. He flew his flag with the worst of the pirates yet would never claim to be one. He was a man who loved to be on the open seas and was in love with the oceans erratic and fierce nature. For his entire life pirates was all he knew and had decided not to take the course of his father and his fathers father. Hi carefree nature could never allow for the over bearing and evil nature pirates tended to have. He had to watch countless woman be raped, innocent men killed, and children slaughtered so as they were no longer in the way. As soon as Zak was able he left his fathers ship and found himself in the land of the elves.

The elves were good to him, brought him up to love the ocean and forget his dark past so as to open the doors to a brighter future. They had taught him what was good and pure, how to fight, and how to sail. Years later he was surprised with a boat on his eighteenth birthday and two years later he had decided to take to the seas. He had been sailing ever since, and gathered his crew, and enjoying the joys of the sea.

Zak was pulled from his thoughts when two sets of wings had caught his attention. Interested, and slightly confused Zak made his way to them, jumping down the stairs from the helm and easily walked down the seemingly narrow wooden plank down onto the docks.

"I see my girl has caught your attention." He said with a large smile, eying the two. "What can I do for you?" He looked at Kol and noted his cool demeanor and air of confidence that almost seemed to cling to his skin. He then looked to Raven, for an odd creature she was oddly beautiful.

"Its a pleasure to meet you Zaknafein, we come from the elven forest." Kol said in a graceful manner.

Zak eyed them for a moment as if to recall what they may be talking about and then a hint of recognition came to his face. "Yes, yes, I was told you were coming and may need my help. I was told I wouldn't be meeting you until tomorrow, so forgive my surprise."

"Not at all, good sir. We were in the area and decided it best to inform you of our arrival. It seems I have forgotten introductions. My name is Kol, and this is Raven." He bowed at the waist.

~*~*~*~

Celo wasn't really sure how to take this new man. Though, as before with Estel, she allowed her instincts decided his character and walked with him. "I'm traveling with four others. We are here to meet another, I believe." She said honestly. Celo tipped her head up in his direction and eyed him. "I hadn't meant to get over on this part of town..." She admitted quietly. While in the rush of the crowd she let them pusher her as she walked and drifted where the flow of traffic went. "Do you live here?" She asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:54 am

Raven couldn't help but stare as a mischevious-looking young man leaped away from the boat, landing neatly and approaching them as if he had practiced it many times. Her gaze automatically dropped to his bare chest and torso, which was a very beautiful sight indeed. She could practically feel her body hum with pleasure as she looked at his perfectly sculpted muscles and absolutely yummy abs. After a moment, she shook her head, scolding herself. 'I have a boyfriend, I have a boyfriend...' she reminded herself, tightening her grip on Kol's hand. Oh boy, this would be an interesting journey.

As Kol introduced them, Raven dipped her head. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Zak," she told him, shortening his name so she wouldn't stumble over the word. She felt oddly self-conscious under his penetrating gaze, and to distract herself, she cleared her throat and nodded at his boat. "That's a lovely ship. How long have you had her?" She walked towards the boat, tracing her hand along one of the painted dragons; it was very intricate and detailed, and she marveled at the craftsmenship. She knew next to nothing about sailing ships, but she had always had an appreciation for art. Seeing such beauty made her realize that she probably looked like a mess after the long journey, and she immediately reached her hand up to pull away the wispy locks that had strayed onto her face, and shifted her wings uncomfortably.

She noticed with interest that most of the other ship captains were old and rugged; she saw no young men in sight except for Zak. It also seemed that he had no crew, which was odd. How did he man the ship all by himself? "Do you have any other crew members?" she asked casually, looking back at the two boys. "Or do you just get by on your own strength alone?" She stopped talking as soon as she realized that she sounded far too flirtatious to go by without Kol noticing. She wanted to smack herself. Why was this pirate-boy making her feel so strange?

-----------------

"Ah, ye're with others, eh?" Terrowin replied smoothly, grasping Celo's arm gently right before she stepped out in front of a speeding horse-drawn cart; they were back in the busy part of town. He let go of his grip without saying a word about the incident. At the mention of meeting another, a spark of interest lit his eye. "Ye ain't goin' tae see Zaknafein, by chance?" he asked. "He was tellin' me 'bout some special visitors that were comin' from the elven wood. Goin' on a journey o' sorts, or somethin'. And tae tell ye the truth, ye kinda stick out in this town, with those... Wings an' all." He paused to let a group of people pass by, then continued walking. "Do ye have someplace that ye need tae be?" he asked, glancing around the area. "Th' most common place fer visitors tae stay is the Ol' Ale. Oi can take ye there, if'n that's where ye need tae go." At her question, he shook his head. "Nay, Oi don't live in this city. Too crowded an' busy for me likin'. Oi actually live by meself just outside the walls, in the forest. Oi have a nice little cottage out there, an' it can be a bit lonely, but it ain't a hard life. Oi'm content. Oi need tae come into the city often thought, fer supplies and whatnot. There's a certain shortcut that Oi usually take, an' that's why Oi have had run-ins with that rogue band o' demons occasionally. Yer lucky tha' Oi needed tae come in today tae get some fishing line." He grinned cockily at her, winking. "Those bloody creatures ain't nothin' but trouble. Oi wish there was a way tae get rid of 'em fer good, but no matter how many times ye kill them, they always come back." Having said enough, Terrowin fell silent, letting his gaze travel to Celo's face. He hadn't really taken the chance to look at her closely, but now that he looked, he realized that she was quite pretty. Her hair shimmered brightly in the cool seaside sunlight, and her eyes sparkled with intelligence. Instead of getting shy by her beauty, however, he suddenly felt the need to impress her. "Are ye hungry?" he asked, nodding around at the various booths. "Oi know the best places tae get a good meal for an affordable price. There's lots o' little trinket booths, too. Whatever ye need, Oi can provide." He grinned at her once more, absolutely radiating confidence.

((Sorry for the fail post x.x Hope it's ok that Terrowin and Zak know each other?))
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:38 am

Zak smiled brightly at Raven. " And a pleasure to meet you both." He watched as her hand skimmed the side of his boat. "I've had her for some time now. She was given to me as a gift from the elves." His already bright eyes shone with joy as he spoke of his boat. "I've been sailing for years once I discovered my love of the ocean. The open seas call to me like no other..." His voice drifted off until he realized what he was going and he put a hand behind his head as a nervous laughter erupted from him. "Sometimes I get carried away. My crew is small...but strong. They are in town now getting supplied, ale, and resting before we head out. I've been told of your plans and know these waters well. Please, let me assist you." He dipped his head slightly and then give the two a sheepish grin.

Kol smiled, he liked the man, and apparently so did Raven. Her sideway glances and sudden interest in the man didn't do unnoticed. He snaked his arm around her waist and squeezed her gently. "Thank you, I believe we will need your assistance and it is greatly appreciated." He bowed his head back slightly. "For now though, we shall stop taking your time from you. When the first morning light hits the sky we will return, until then...take care." Kol said and lead Raven away from the man and his ship. He leaned down and whispered in her ear, " You are sneaky, aren't you Raven?"

~*~*~*~

"Yes-" She was about to answer him when Terrowin grabbed her arm to keep her from being run down by a cart. She was shocked he didn't even say a word, or even try to gloat over saving her. Being shocked was...really weird for her and Celo didn't understand it at all. "I don't exactly have somewhere to be...I have until tomorrow morning once we set sail...Not looking to stay out all night though..." she mumbled the last bit as she looked around at the stands near her. Exotic fruit and food was at every corner and the enticing smells filled her nose. After a fight anyone would be hungry and her growling stomach betrayed any thoughts she came up with to deny the offer to show her around. Shrugging helplessly she nodded. "Perhaps just showing me where to go would be best." She suggested, hand outs were not something she was used to and never before had she needed actual help. Everything was kind of out of balance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:36 am

Raven held back a girlish giggle and waved politely at Zak, before Kol's arm wrapped around her waist and led her away. As soon as she turned away from their new friend, however, she realized that she had made a bad move. Kol's eyes were sharp, and he didn't miss anything. At his questioning, she put on an innocent face, hoping to blow away any anger that he may have from her actions. "Kol, you can't blame me for looking at something interesting when it is put right in front of me," she stated, daring to be bold for once. "You know that I would never do anything with another man as long as I have you." To further enunciate her statement, she wrapped her arm around his neck and gave him a sweet, brushing kiss on his cheek, toying with him. She grinned at him. "C'mon, let's do something fun." She looked around the town as they walked by the shore, hoping that something exciting or interesting would catch her eye. Something that would get Kol's mind away from what had just occurred. Seeing nothing, she sighed, looking out over the ocean. Then an idea dawned on her. Smiling mischieviously, she pulled Kol down to the edge of the beach, until the small waves nearly lapped at their feet. She reached down into the cool water, letting it wash the grime and wear that she had gained from the journey. A tiny crab scuttled by her feet, snapping sourly at her shoe before disappearing into the waves. The sound of the gurgling water and whispering wind brought back memories of the night before, and her mood shifted slightly. Trying to brush away the thoughts, she went out farther into the water, until it brushed up against her knees. "How far does it go?" she wondered out loud, staring out into the ocean. It seemed to vast to comprehend. She let her wings open wide, catching the rough sea wind in the feathers and letting the breeze flow pleasantly through the plumage. She felt an urge to jump into the air and fly, fly until she reached the end of the sea to see what lay on the other side. "What are we going across to see?" she asked Kol, turning back to him. "You have been very mysterious and quiet about the entire ordeal. Are you hiding something, or only trying to make this journey more... Interesting?"

-------------

"Ah, now lassie, not getting ye somethin' out o' courtesy would make me look bad. Oi'm sure there's somethin' here that will catch yer eye." He led her around various booths, turning his nose up at silly little necklaces and intricate hair adornments. "Nay, what this lady needs is a trinket that she can use," he insisted at an especially stubborn seller. "Got anythin' dainty yet useful?" The seller humphed, then reached under the table, revealing an oddly-shaped package. He unwrapped it, and Terrowin barked out in laughter. "Oi didn't know these were still around!" What was in the package could only be described as exotic and deathly beautiful. It was a sort of wrist gauntlet, made up of several interlocking joints to enhance arm movement. It resembled the shape of a dragon, the head pointing inward and the tail curled up along the back of the weapon. On the end of the tail was a long, sharp knife, great for repeated stabbing in close range, or as a defense if the owner was attacked. It was a deep red color, like a ruby, but edged with intricate, dark grey designs. Overall, it was an incredible weapon, and one that was as handy as it was pretty to look at. "Oi'll take it," Terrowin nodded. The exchange was made, and Terrowin took the blade, presenting it to Celo with a flourish. "Well, Oi think this little knife ought tae intimidate some demons the next time ye run into them," he commented, grinning. "Perhaps Oi'll get tae see it in action."

They walked a bit further, until he motioned at an old, well-established building located on the corner of a particularily busy intersection. "That there it th' Ole Ale Inn. It ain't too pretty on the outside, but it's quite a nice place, an' Oi think ye'll enjoy it." They entered the building, where Celo was informed of where she and the rest of her group would be staying. The interior was loud and joyous, filled with happy, drunk men and tipsy woman, as well as conserved guests just passing through. Upstairs led to the rooms, where it was a little quieter and more homely. When they found the room and Celo was properly settled in, Terrowin shifted awkwardly in the doorway. "Well, Oi guess Oi'll see ye around then, hopefully. If'n ye an' yer friends need any help around town or findin' information, Oi'll be stayin' at the Green Serpent tonight." He leaned against the doorframe, grinning. "It was nice meetin' ye. Please take care o' that weapon - there ain't too many of them around these days." With a wave, he prepared to depart.

((Here's sort of what the weapon looks like: http://www.swordsofmight.com/images/view.aspx?productId=154
I know that it's a scorpion, but... Pretend it's a dragon xD))
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:40 am

Kol rolled his eyes at the girls statement, but didn't say anything as she dragged him about the town. Once they reached the ocean side Kol took a deep breath of the salty air. Ir wasn't something he was really used to, but the change of pace and scenery was nice for the avian. Kol watched with mild interest as Raven stood and let the water lap at her feet and legs. He gave a quick thought to her question before answering.

"You, my lady, make this entire trip more interesting." His gaze had almost turn predatory as he looked the woman over, but it disappeared as soon as it came. "There is only one thing I am keeping from you because I believe Icefyer may not be pleased with it. However, we can deal with it once we cross the ocean to where we have to go. We will also need that map of your once we cross over. I am not familiar with the territory over there and would not be so rash as to just run into the place without knowing where I am going." He commented, kicking a shell that was near his feet. There was no way they were recruiting anyone in this city. Too many people lived their lives off of the sea and would never leave their ports in fear of losing what little catch they could get. This was a fishing community and a rough one to boot.

~*~*~*~

Celo just wasn't even sure how to take the whole day. She didn't know what to think when the man had saved her, had saved her again, and then promptly bought her a beautiful weapon. At first, she assumed he was after something but when he brought her into the inn where she would be staying and was preparing to leave, she thought otherwise.

"W-wait. Why on Earth would you do all of this?" Celo asked, trying to wrap SOME sort of logical explanation around her mind. She led him outside of the tavern so as to hear him out if he planned on telling her anything at all. "I don't understand. You've never met me, you save me, and then buy me a weapon..." She said the last part as she clutched the package closer to her breast. "Why?" Celo was a simple girl, and not easily impressed but when it came to people's motives she had never been wrong. This guy though, confused her to no end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:31 pm

Raven nodded, only slightly content with Kol's answer. "Well, I suppose I'll just have to trust you to get us through this journey alive and on the right track," she said, taking one of his hands lightly. They stood there for a while in silence, just taking in the setting sun over the horizon and letting the cool water lap around their feet. Something felt off, though, and Raven frowned, glancing to the southwest. She was surprised she hadn't noticed in earlier; not too far away, deep, angry thunderclouds approached the town, obviously full of rain, sleet, and hail. She guessed that it would arrive no more than an hour later. Her eyebrows furrowed in worry and disappointment, and she motioned towards it to get Kol's attention. "We better get out of here before that hits us," she stated, already heading back towards the shore. She had wanted to spend more time on the beach, but it was obviously not meant to be.

They hurried along the streets, trying desperately to find where the Inn they were meant to stay at was located. After asking around for only a little while, they were informed that it was about a half mile from where they were. By the time they arrived at the Inn, the storm was nearly upon them. The wind, so calm and comforting earlier, was now whipping about them madly, threatening to catch their wings and pull them into the air. Raven tucked hers closer against her body in an attempt to stay grounded. Finally, they got inside, just as the rain started to begin to pour. Shaking themselves off, and laughing in relief from their luck, they checked into the inn and got their room number. Each room could only hold up to two people, and so she and Kol, Estel and Alberic, and Celo would each have a room to themselves, making three total. Luckily, the rooms were pretty cheap, and they didn't have to worry about spending too much money. They found their room and settled in for the night, grateful for the chance to sleep in a warm, comfortable room. The elves' palace had been wonderful, but also strangely alien, and Raven appreciated the comforting normality of a human-made building. They had just missed Celo and Terrowin, and were unaware that the two had just walked by their room after they entered.

"Do you think we'll still be able to sail tomorrow?" she asked, wringing out her damp hair. There were two small beds, and she perched on one of them, letting Kol have the other to himself. Their weapons and bags were strewn across the opposite side of the room, where they would be out of the way, but still close enough if needed. "We hardly know Zak, let alone his crew, but I am unsure if they would be willing to go if the weather is this harsh."

-----------------------

Just as they reached the doorway to the Inn and Celo started questioning him, Terrowin sighed and shifted uncomfortably, kicking a stray pebble across the floor. "Ye see, lass, Oi don't really have a lot o' friends. Oi can't remember the las' time Oi had a decent conversation with a kind person; the way Oi live, ye get more strangers that want tae harm ye than friendlies knockin' at yer door. Oi guess Oi just wanted tae take the oppurtunity tae show ye, and perhaps meself, that Oi'm a good person. There have been times when even Oi doubted that...." He trailed off into uncomfortable silence, then looked back at her, a smile lighting up his face. "An' o' course, Oi couldn't let a pretty lady sure as yerself get killed in an such an awful attack. That would be such a shame. An' Oi do like kickin' a demon's ass every now and then. As fer the weapon, well, honestly Oi just wanted to impress ye tae leave a good impression. Perhaps sometime ye an' yer kin come through, ye can pay me a visit. Oi don't get comp'ny too often." He let out a dry chuckle, then prepared to leave, but as he opened the door, he was hit with a wave of hail and furious wind. He quickly shut it again, muttering angrily. "Well.... Oi think Oi'm stayin' here tonight. There's no way Oi'm walkin' all across town in that." He grinned at Celo. "Guess ye ain't gonna get rid o' me that easily." He went over to the check-in booth and bought a room, then returned to Celo. "When're the rest o' yer crew gonna get here? Oi hope they aren't out in this..."

------

As soon as Terrowin spoke, the door's were shoved open with a bang, followed by two hunched-over figures as they rushed inside. "Close the bloody door!" someone yelled, and they were shut just as the two made it inside. Muttering apologies, the due pulled off their hoods and soaking cloaks, revealing that they were Alberic and Estel, both having been caught in the downpour. "Sorry we're late," Estel coughed as they attempted to brush themselves off, nodding at Celo. "Glad to see you didn't get caught in that as well. It's terrible out there." Alberic nodded in agreement, the looked at Terrowin. "Who might you be?" he asked, slightly protective of Celo. He looked harmless enough, though the white scars that traced his bare arms and neck said otherwise. Estel smiled kindly at the man. "I was a little worried when Celo disappeared on her own. I see that she made it back alright. Did you have something to do with this?"

Terrowin rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Well, Oi helped her out a little, but bloody 'ell, Oi would hate tae be her enemy. She's an incredible fighter, and those demons didn-"

"Demons?" Alberic interrupted, mouth open wide. "In the city? Why!?" He had only heard of demons living across the ocean, and he was hesitant enough to go there with the group. He had no idea that there were packs of the horrible beings on the mainland.

"They ain't as fierce or storng as the nasties across the ocean, don't ye go worryin' yourself," Terrowin chuckled, amused at the shocked reaction from Alberic. "The two of us were easily about tae ward off a couple dozen o' them. Besides, that's the only group Oi know of, an' they won't be back fer a while."

((The storm will be over by tomorrow morning, I just thought I'd throw in a tad bit of excitement xD ))
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:58 am

Kol walked into his room and quickly peeled the shirt from his wet skin and took a near by towel to dry and fluff out his blonde locks. "If the weather is like this tomorrow, I myself would advise holding back our journey for our safety. Though I honestly believe Zak would know the best course of action, if his reputation holds true. The elves held him in high reguard... and I think you did as well." The slight note of teasing hung in his voice while his eyes remained locked with hers. Water dripped down his bare chest and formed a small pool around his feet.

Kol walked over to Raven slowly and brought his hands up to her face, and then slid a hand through a wet lock of her hair. Taking a towel, he put it on her head and gently messaged her hair until it was at least most of the way dry. "I would not wish for you to get a cold, my lady." Kol said in a gentle tone before turning back to his belongings to find a dry shirt.

~*~*~*~

"I seem to have a knack for obtaining strange people." Celo commented with a shrug as Alberic had come in and questioned the man. It was only natural for them to do so and she sighed at his reaction over the demons. She then tuned the men out, letting them talk about whatever interested them the most. Then she took notice that she didn't see her brother or Raven anywhere.

Perhaps she should go find them? If they had not found the inn yet, in this rain and darkness it would be impossible. Slipping by the men, Celo silently slipped into the darkness of the night in search of her brother. Unaware however that he was already in the Inn, warming himself with new and dry clothing.

Celo had been searching the streets for around an hour before she simply couldn't stand being beaten down by the lashing rain any longer. She breathed heavily as exhaustion set in. Where were they?! Cleo put a hand to her head as things began to blur, and this time it wasn't from the rain. Her face flushed and she began to shiver. Celo slid down the wall to where she was sitting against it and closed her eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 7:05 am

Raven ignored the teasing in Kol's voice and instead took the oppurtunity to look over Kol's ripped body, making sure he noticed that she was doing so. Her gaze began at his chest and slowly traced downwards, before coming back up again to look at him in the eyes. "Yes, I think that he appears to know what he is doing," she finally replied, smiling. She touched his hand as he caressed her cheek, then allowed him to rub her hair with a towel, pretending to glare at him as he did so. "Now look what you've done, you've gone and messed up my hair!" she complained playfully, trying to fix it as soon as he was finished. When he turned his back to her, she pulled off her jacket and hung in on the side of the bed, the lay back and relaxed against the soft, plushy cushions in the bed. The sound of the pouring rain outside was oddly soothing, and she found herself slowly drifting off into sleep. However, she was frightened awake by the loudest boom of thunder she thought she had ever heard, and she sat back up abrubtly, gasping. "Oh God, how could I have forgot? Alberic and Celo might be out in this!" Estel too, she thought to herself, but she wasn't as worried about him as she was the others. "We should go check to see if they're here." When Kol had dressed (sadly), they hurried out of the room and downstairs, and to their relief, found Alberic and Estel, wet but unharmed. Raven assumed that Celo was with them until they were informed that she had gone out in the rain looking for them over an hour ago. "Alone?!" she asked, worry piercing her heart. "Who knows where she'll go or what will happen to her out in this?! We have to go looking for her!"

Alberic shifted. "I think so too, but it would be unwise for us all to go out and get lost ourselves. Perhaps-"

"Oi can go get her." Terrowin spoke up for the first time since Raven and Kol had arrived. "Oi know this city better than any o' ye; Oi'll have th' best chance o' findin' her."

Raven looked at him warily. "And... Who are you?"

Terrowin offered a hand. "Name's Terrowin, lassie. Oi happened tae run into young Celo earlier today, helped her fight off a pack o' wild demons. Please trust me, if anyone can get 'er back alright, it'd be me."

Alberic wasn't sure how to react. He wasn't one to immediately trust strangers, but Celo had seemed somewhat fond of him, and he had already helped her out earlier. "I think that would be the best," he agreed, looking at Raven. "If any of us were to go out looking, we'd just end up getting lost as well, and then where would we be?"

Raven hesitated, looking over Terrowin again, and then finally nodded. "I suppose that's our only choice right now. I'm not happy about it, but it will have to do." After Kol also grudgingly agreed, Terrowin grinned, pulled up the hood of his cloak, and winked. "Oi'll 'ave her back within the hour, if'n all goes well. If Oi find 'er far from here, though, we may decide tae stick out the storm somewhere else." Without waiting for a reply, he dashed out into the downpour, literally yelping at the sharp pain he felt when the hail started pounding against his body. 'Bloody 'ell, how could she stand this?' he thought to himself, pulling his cloak tighter around himself and running down the street. He thought that she would stay on the main streets, since that would have been the best place to look for Raven and Kol if they had been out in the city. No one with any sense was out in the storm, and so he was met with little opposition as he hurried along the streets. It was nearly twenty minutes before he caught sight of the girl's recognizable blond hair, and he dashed over to where she was. She had found a semi-dry place to rest under the small protruding roof of a storefront, but as he got nearer to her he realized that she was not just resting. Her skin was sickly pale, and her eyes were closed. Her body also shivered uncontrollably, and she seemed unaware of what was going on around her. "Celo?" he yelled over the noise, shaking her. Her eyes fluttered slightly, but there was no reply. 'God, ye woman, why'd ye have tae be the brave one and go out by yerself?' he thought to himself, filled with frustration and worry. When he couldn't get her to regain complete consciousness, he picked her up as gently as he could and draped her over his shoulder, surprised by how incredibly light she was. When she was settled somewhat comfortably against his shoulders, he glanced into the store. It was completely locked up and empty. Growling curses, he searched around for anywhere else to get in out of the storm. A small, ragged house on the corner caught his eye, and he ran over to it, resting under the porch ceiling before looking inside. It appeared abandoned, and the door was open a crack. He knocked lightly before opening it the rest of the way. The home was nearly bare except for a few pieces of furniture, some chairs, and a stove. He placed Celo on the largest couch, then studied her, unsure of what to do. She needed to get out of her soaking clothes, or else risk getting hypothermia. She appeared to be wearing a jacket and a tunic, and so, after finding a couple of old, thick blankets, he stripped her of the soaking coat and wrapped her with the blankets, hoping that it would be enough. He brushed her wet hair away from her face, fear making his heart pound when he saw the unnatural hint of blue tinting her lips. "Think, idiot," he muttered to himself, pacing. "Wot does she need? Heat, that's what. But there's no fireplace, an' Oi don't have any way tae heat water..." He trailed off, looking back at the stove that was placed forlornly in the corner. "Could it possibly...?" he wondered, going over to it and turning the knob. Much to his surprise and relief, one of the burners sparked to life. Working quickly, he looked around until he located an old, beat-up pan, then went outside and collected enough water to nearly fill it up. He then put it on the stove until it was very warm, then reached into his pack and rummaged around until he found two canteens. He poured the hot water into the leather containers, nodding in satisfaction when they warmed up from the liquid. He took the two heated canteens and placed them under the blankets wrapped around Celo, then went back to his bag. He found some dried mint and chamomile and put them in the remainder of the hot water, making a tea. This he put in his last canteen and then took to Celo. She seemed to be regaining some of her senses, so he offered the brew to her, smiling. "Wake up, sleepyhead. Ye ain't gonna die on my that easily."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:13 am

Kol paced nervously around the inn. They were taking too long. "Why? What bright idea crawled into her head to assume that she needed to run out in the pouring rain and play hero?!" Kol was angry, but more then anger filled his heart. A cold fear crept into the pit of his stomach. His sister never acted without thinking things through, without planning, logic, SOMETHING. Maybe she was sick? That would be the only reason for her lack of judgement. But, if she were sick this would only make it worse. Ughhh. Kol rubbed a hand against his head in frustration as he planned to give his older sister a stern talking to.

~*~*~*~

Celo woke to something warm around her, something dry. How did that happen? Last she knew she was sitting under someones porch trying to dry herself off some as she was in a hunt for her brother and lover. And now someone was handing her something with hot liquid in it. Celo took it and looked at whoever was taking care of her and she nearly spit the drink back up. "Terrowin?" Celo sat up quickly and then stopped moving when the room began spinning. She took due noticed she was no longer in her clothing, but that didn't exactly bother her at the moment. Her body felt hot to the touch but she was cold herself.

Having never been sick, Celo didn't understand what was really happening, but she at least felt better not to be in the rain. "You didn't have to come out here." Celo commented as she sipped the warm tea. The liquid felt warm going down her throat which she was thankful for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:13 am

Raven wasn't sure what to say in the tense atmosphere created by Terrowin's departure. Kol was obviously upset, and for good reason; his sister could possibly be in a bad situation. Considering how cold it was, it might even be a chance that she could get hypothermia. Terrowin had been gone for nearly an hour now. What could have happened? She shivered, pulling her jacket closer around herself. She couldn't imagine being out there in the storm. When Kol continued to pace, she took his hands in her own and forced him so stop. "Please, Kol, worry and stress won't help things right now. All we can do is trust that this... Terrowin... Can find her and get her back safely. After all, he said that if he found her far from here, they may stay someplace else to get her out of the cold sooner. She was gone for a while, and probably wandered across town. I'm sure she's fine." She said this last phrase with forced optomism. Truth was, she had no idea if they could trust this random new friend with Celo's life, and it was killing her to stand around and do nothing. It would be stupid to go searching for both of them, though; it would only succeed in getting more of them in trouble.

Alberic shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. He was still wet and cold, as was Estel, and he wanted to get checked in so they could drop things off in their room. However, he thought it would be rude just leave when it was obvious that something should be done. He had almost volunteered to go after Celo himself, but Terrowin had taken his chance, and so he had let it pass. When another fifteen minutes had passed, he made his decision. "I think it's safe to say that he's found her, and they're safe somewhere else," he said slowly, not mentioning that it was also possible that they were both still lost. "I think the best thing for us to do would be to get ourselves warm and dry, so we don't come down with a sickness. That's the last thing we need."

"If I may put in my imput, I agree," added Estel, nodding. "We decided to let this stranger go and find her, so we have to put our faith in that our decision works. We won't help Celo by standing here getting sick ourselves." Raven hesitantly agreed, and then, guiding Kol away from the door, which he seemed unwilling to leave, followed the rest upstairs to their separate rooms. Estel and Alberic gave their goodnights, then retreated to their room, where they changed into dry clothes, then went to bed early. Raven and Kol went back into their room, but she couldn't make herself go to sleep so quickly. It had been partially their fault that she had left; after all, she went out looking for them. But she should have made sure that they weren't there before just charging out into the storm. Why had she made such an irrational decision? If there was anything she had learned about Kol's sister in the short time she had known her, it was that she was a very rational and serious person. She wasn't one to idiotically risk her life like this. She sighed, plopping down on her bed. So much for getting a good night's sleep.

~*~*~*~

Terrowin grinned at Celo's obvious surprise. "Wot, ain't ye happy tae see me pretty face?" he joked, attempting to lighten the sober mood. Celo was still in danger of harm, though things were looking better by the moment. He waved away her objection to him finding her, replying,"It was no big deal. A little rain an' thunder don't scare me. Bein' out in the storm too long can make ye sick, though, lassie, an' ye were gone so long that we all started worryin'. We decided that Oi was the best choice tae come find ye, though it was obvious that yer boyfriend wanted tae come and get ye himself. Oi know the streets better than any o' them, so it only made sense." He watched in silence as Celo drank more of the tea, pleased to see a healthy flush light up her cheeks as the she cosumed the warm liquid. "Oh, by the way, ye needn't have come out here anyway - Yer brother an' his girl came downstairs a while after ye left. They didn't realize that we were there."

He grabbed another blanket and wrapped it around her, then slowly raised her to a sitting position. "See, yer already gettin' better. Oi think ye'll be just fine. Lucky Oi found yer before ye got hypothermia or somethin'." He looked away from her for a moment, his gaze falling on the pile of soaking clothes that he had stripped from her after they got in the house. He felt his cheeks get hot. "Uh, not sure if ye noticed, but Oi had tae get the wet clothes off yer body tae get ye warm. It was only for a moment, and Oi didn't pay attention tae, ah, anythin'. Oi only did it because Oi had to." He hoped that she didn't think he had unclothed her for any other reason than that. He had no intentions of doing anything like that to her. That wasn't the kind of person he was. There was a momentary awkward silence, but it was soon broken by a loud, sickly sneeze from Celo. Terrowin's brow furrowed in concern. "That don't sound like somethin' ye get from bein' too cold. Oi think maybe yer gettin' a cold. Hopefully nothin' worse then that." He went back to his bag and sorted through it again, hoping to find something that would help cure the cold. He located some yarrow, borage, and sage. He went out and collected more water, then repeated the process as before, this time making a different brew with the new herbs. "Luckily, Oi always carry some stuff with me in the chance o' cases like this, an' Oi was taught long ago which plants are good for sickness. This may taste a little nasty, but it'll help keep away the shivers and sniffles." He placed the new tea in his canteen, then gave it back to her. "Oi wish there was somethin' more Oi could do, but Oi'm pretty limited by this situation. Oi think the best thing for us tae do is stick out the storm in here. At least we have the stove tae keep it toasty in here." He sat on a plush chair close to the couch that Celo was on, unsure of what else to do.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Kol woke to a sudden shock to his system, the early morning sun was shining on his face through the window of the inn. Shit. He fell asleep when he had been determined not to so he could wait for his sister and this stranger. He shot out of the bed without throwing a shirt on and stomped to the room Celo was supposed to be in. He quickly felt a his stomach drop as he saw the room had been untouched. If that stupid foreigner touched her Kol would kill him, rip him apart with his bare hands. No one touches his family without Kol's fiery wrath coming down upon them.

As Kol was about to go on a rampage he heard a familiar voice down the stairs. Rushing down them he was greeted with two well known bobbing blonde pigtails he had come to know as his sisters. "Celo..." Relief overwhelmed the avian as he made his way over to her and wrapped her arms around the girl. Kol was not known for showing public displays of affection towards Celo but he didn't much care at this point in time.

Celo accepted Kol's hug, not really saying anything. She was a bit woozy from being sick still but overall had been saved by Terrowin....again. She sighed at the thought of being so far into debt with someone she didn't even know.

Kol glared up to Terrowin. "You had no right to keep her out all night." Kol growled sizing the man up. He was a seasoned fighter but Kol was confident in his abilities if the need had become apparent. "Kol. He did nothing but help me." Celo said with her usual apathy as she adjusted her pack on her shoulder. "I foolishly went to look for you before even asking if you were here. My judgement was clouded, so don't put blame were is it not needed, little brother. I was sick. He got me out of the rain and helped me." Celo refused to say save. The word made her feel so small and useless and that was something she was NOT used to.

"I...see. My apologies then. Thank you for helping my sister." Kol said running a hand through his blonde stalks as a grin came to his face. It wasn't his thing to get worked up so the quicker things became patched up the better. "We need to pack and meet with Zak to head out today...so prepare to leave with in the hour." Kol said in parting and went back up the stairs to kick Alberic's ass out of bed. He did ever so enjoy doing that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 7:44 am

Raven was just blinking open her bleary eyes when Kol rushed out the room. She was about to warn him that he was only partially dressed, but he was out the door before she could say anything. Sighing, she rubbed her eyes and yawned, then got up a prepared to leave. She was a little surprised to see the sun shining so brightly after the night before; the room was actually quite warm from its rays, and she dressed for warm weather, in her normal light leggins as well as a loose-fitted tanktop. She didn't have a brush, so she quickly ran her hands through her hair, noticing with dismay that it was a little tangled from the rain the night before. Sighing, she did the best she could to make it look at least semi-presentable and then started packing. With a jolt she realized that they would be sailing today, and with an attractive captain too. She paused and shook herself. Stop thinking that way, she chided. Stupid girl. She strapped on her belt and sword, then lifted her pack over one shoulder, her bow over the other, then made her way to go out. Just before she opened the door, however, Kol came back in and grabbed his stuff as well. She questioned him about Celo, and was glad to hear that she had arrived back safely. Sighing in relief, she waited for him to get his belongings, then the two of them went downstairs, to where Celo, Estel, a grumpy-looking Alberic, and the stranger were waiting.

Alberic glared at Kol, but it didn't hold the old hostility as it used to; if anything, it was a little playful. "Don't ever wake me up again," he grumbled. Raven laughed, but didn't ask about it. She nodded at Celo, smiling pleasantly. Celo looked oddly pale, though not deathly so, and she noticed that the new guy was standing, she thought, rather protectively close to her, as if she might fall at any moment. She cocked an eyebrow at Kol, but didn't say anything. It wasn't her business to ask about what had happened last night, though she assumed it was nothing more than him making her better.

Terrowin bowed his head to Kol respectfully, ignoring the hostility in his voice. "Oi apologize fer worryin' ye so much. Oi would've brought her back when I found 'er, but she was in such bad condition that Oi couldn't risk carryin' her through the rain any longer. She was terribly cold, an' Oi was lucky that Oi was able tae get her tae someplace warm an' dry. It didn't help that she was already comin' down with somethin'." He nodded in reply to Kol's apology, then his eyes widened in surprise at the mention of Zak. "So ye are going' tae see Zaknafein, that rascal! Hope ye don't mind if Oi tag along? Oi haven't seen his ol' pretty face in a while; He may think Oi was killed or somethin'. Can't have him thinkin' he can lose me that easily." He winked at Celo, then hefted his bag over his shoulder, nodding out the door. "Oi'll see ye there." He went ahead and left, leaving Celo to get more adjusted and back together with her friends. As soon as he left he felt oddly lonely, and not the usual kind. He was used to being alone, but after spending the night taking care of Celo, it felt hard for him to be by himself again. He frowned curiously, unsure of what to think about that. Shrugging, he picked up his pace and was soon within sight of the shore. He looked around until he saw the right ship, then made his way towards it, usual grin back in place. "Zak, ye rogue!" he crowed, knocking on the ship. "What've ye been up to, ye old sea dog? Any chance ye want tae chat with an old mate?" He waited impatiently for Zak to show his face; it was early, but he knew that he would already be up and preparing to sail. It was a lovely day, the perfect for a smooth sail.

Raven watched the flurry of motion in confusion, but before she knew it the mysterious new man had left, and with hardly a goodbye. Ah, well. If luck was on their side, they'd meet up with him again later. She waited for Alberic and Estel to get their belongings, then the group of five left the Inn and made their way to the docks. They stopped occasionally to look at the odd store or booth, but they were overall eager to leave, and so didn't linger in the city for too long. Estel walked in silence, a little uncomfortable. He felt more like a part of the group since he had spent the day with Alberic yesterday, but the truth was, he was still pretty much a stranger. It was only Celo's trust that made him a part of their group at all. He gripped the hilt of his sword as they neared the ship, unsure of what to expect.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Kol just grinned in response to Raven's questioning glance but said nothing. He had enjoyed literally kicking the man out of bed and had no intention on telling Raven about it. He was sure Alberic didn't want it repeated so he respected the man's wishes. His gaze was then set on Terrowin as he seemed to apologize and at least explain why he had not come back with his sister last night. "She was sick?" Kol hissed as he looked to his sister. "Why did you not mention this to us?" Celo merely shrugged in responds as she looked over to Terriwon as he announced he was leaving. She had no doubt in her mind she would end up seeing him before this was through.

Kol was honestly glad they were leaving Aelport. He didn't mind the 'big city' life and all but the place seemed so unclean and crowded. It just wasn't Kol's style, he preferred his mountain home where the air was crisp and clean. Where you had plenty of elbow room and lots of space to do as you pleased. Kol had found memories of his home as he walked to the ship they were to set sail on this day.

Zaknafein popped his head over the side of his ship as he heard a familiar voice calling out to him. "Terrowin? Why, I had thought you died!" Zak greeted the man with a firm grasp on the shoulder as he hopped down on the deck. "Good to see you well, chap. I assumed you've at least heard about the lot I'll be traveling with. Crazy bunch of bird people."

"Zaknafein, I've got all the medical supplies that I will need." A soft voice came from behind the boys. As they turned to see a middle aged, yet beautiful woman. She had fair skin and dark blue eyes that stood out against her silvery hair which hung down by her shoulders. She was moderately dressed by had a peaceful aura about her.

"Oh, Thank you Seren. Forgive me, Seren, this is Terriwon an old friend. Terrowin, Seren. She is coming along for this journey as the ships medic. The men have gotten pretty busted up before and nothing heals better then a woman's touch." Zak grinned, happy to have the woman on his crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:23 am

Terrowin smirked at Zak's rough greeting. "Sorry mate, the demons ain't killed me off yet. In fact, the group that ye mentioned is followin' close behind me. Oi ran into one o' the gals in a bad part o' town - we had tae fight off an entire lot of the nasties. Incredible fighter, she is. Ye'll be lucky tae have her on board if ye get into any scuffles." He nodded politely as he was introduced to the new arrival, offering a hand. "Nice tae meet ye, ma'am. Oi think that Zak here will be lucky tae have ye on board, if ye're as good with healing as ye are pretty."

They talked for a while longer, and after a while, Terrowin sighed and stared at the ship longingly. "Ah, what Oi would give tae be comin' with ye an' yer crew. Oi miss the smell of the sea and the mindless days sailing on open water. Oi think Oi'm stuck here in this ol' town though, protectin' the people from a threat they're not even aware of. Ah, well." He shrugged, turning his gaze to the ocean. "Where're ye goin' with the bird folk, anyway?" he asked, but the words had no sooner left his mouth when he heard the familar sound of five pairs of feet clunking along the boardwalk. He turned to see the group of Avians and Estel approaching the boat. He waved. "Well, Oi guess we'll get tae see each other one more time before ye take off!" he called merrily, though an odd ache had suddenly pierced his heart at the thought of leaving his new friends so soon.

Raven and Kol had already seen the ship, so they hardly glanced at it as they walked closer and began talking with Zak and Terrowin. Alberic and Estel, however, stared at it in awe, amazed by the size and details on the ship. After a few greetings with Zak, they left Kol and Raven to talk with the captain, and walked around the side to get a better look. While Alberic was saying something about the paint job on the boat, Estel's gaze wandered elsewhere, finally resting on an older woman standing near Zak and Terrowin. She looked around his age, and was absolutely beautiful, her silver hair shining elegantly in the bright morning sunlight. As she turned his way, his breath caught, not only because of her beauty, but also because her face looked strangely familiar. He was taken back to a time long, long ago, before he had lived with the elves. He remembered running in wild grass fields with a young woman when he was in his early teens, untamed and curious about the world around him. Those nights spent laying underneath the stars with his best friends, contemplating the deeper meaning of life. That was back when things were simple, back before he was weighted down with the wisdom of many years. With a jolt he was brought back to the present time, where the woman was staring at him with an odd look in her eyes. He realized he was staring, so he cleared his throat and turned back to Alberic, pretending like he had been listening to him the entire time. He had to force himself not to take another peek at the woman; he was certain that he would have the chance to talk to her on the trip.

After Raven and Kol had spoke with Zak, the entire group boarded the ship. Terrowin wavered around the edges, unsure if he should board or not; they looked like they were about to leave.

((Hey look, a short reply! x.x ))
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 5:30 am

Seren quietly, but happily moved about the deck doing some of the cleaning she knew was needed in order to keep the crew healthy. Earlier she had scolded Zak for the ship was becoming dirty. 'Dirt causes health problems, Zaknafein, you have to be more careful about this.' She giggled at the expression on his face when she actually tried to get serious with him. She was generally a soft spoken person and when she tried to get serious with someone they generally were stunned.

Seren had seen the gentlemen looking at her before they had come onto the ship and she was confused as to what she had done to draw his attention. He was looking at her like he had seen her before but she was sure she did not recall his face. Letting it pass, Seren went back to her chores.

~*~*~*~

Zaknafein had lead the group on the ship and had shown them to their rooms. He took them around the ship, proudly talking about the details of his ship and also the safety measures in case of an attack or strong storm like the one that had blown in the day before. "Feel free to make yourselves at home. We set sail for Fallvale." He said with a joyful smile as he patted Alberic on the shoulder before walking back onto the main deck. He looked over the railing to see Terriwon looking longingly at the boat. "Oooi! You just gonna stand and stare at 'er or are you gonna come on?!" He yelled down to the man with a huge grin on his face.

The man looked like a puppy just staring at a bone that was too far out of reach and Zak thought he looked pitiful enough to invite on. He grinned once more as the man hastily boarded and then they set sail. With the wide ocean in front of them and the sun climbing slowly in the sky, Zak's ship began the next part of their journey.

~*~*~*~

The one day trip was made rather easily for Zak. With no troubles and calm waters the boat sliced through the water and made great timing as the ship docked on the shores of Fallvale. The landscape where was entirely different from the sea side town of Aelport.

Sand stretched literally in every direction, it was like an ocean of sand that seemed to compete in size with the large ocean they had just crossed. Zak stepped onto the deck and prepared for their docking for some time. "Well, I hate to say this but I gotta little surprise for you all. I will be leaving you here until you cross the desert."

"....Zak, what do you mean? Even with Icefyer to carry the humans as we flew it would not be safe for us to do so in this heat." Kol disputed as he adjusted the collar on his shirt. The heat of the strong afternoon sun beat down on him and made it uncomfortably warm.

"I actually have a favor to ask Icefyre, which I will do so in her company alone, if that is alright." He looked to the dragon. She had been flying along side them after they had been reunited in Aelport just after leaving. "For the rest of you, if you go into town and find a man named Felren, he shall assist you." He patted Terriwon's shoulder, hoping he would convince the group to listen to him. "Also, Seren, if you would please join them, to ensure their health while in the desert it would put me at ease." Seren nodded and joined along side the group. Zak nodded and jumped down to see IceFyer on the deck. She had given many people quiet a scare when she had landed and there were a few people curiously poking their heads from their boats to stare at the beast.

Kol was unconvinced by Zak but followed him off the ship anyway. If he were talking to Icefyer she could tell Raven right away if something was wrong or a bad idea. "I suppose we should go find this fellow then, hm?" He said as he gave one more glance to Zak and sighed helplessly walking towards the sand infested city. This would really be a nightmare to fly in.

Zak approached Icefyer and grinned at the giant beasite. "Forgive me for keeping this from you, good dragon friend." He said with as another grin graced his face. "The good elven king as asked a favor of me, to pass to you. A message of sorts must be delivered to him and his army that we are on the move. It will take two weeks time for the elven army to come together and march out against the false wizard king. The rest of your group needs time to recruit over seas and when they are done here, it should be enough time for their army to reach the rest of the groups." Zak took a moment to study the dragons reaction. "I know it may be uncomfortable to be separated from your rider, but this seemed like the only solution. Of course, you are more then welcome to deny." Zak leaned against a nearby pole and waited the dragons answer. Whatever she picked to do, would decided what Zak would be able to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:38 am

The short journey across the stretch of water was uneventful and peaceful, and the entire group was able to relax, if only for a little while. Kol and Raven spent most of the time alone in their room - Raven was not one for ships, and she was a little seasick the entire journey. She wanted to take off and fly ahead, but she was afraid that she would get lost, and not be able to find the ship again. So she simply dealt with the sickness until they reached the shore.

Terrowin was as happy as a fool to be aboard the ship. It had been many years since he had sailed, but he still had a little knack with the boat's riggings and other gear, and helped the crew where he could. He would take time when there were breaks to talk with Celo and learn more about her, though he soon found out that getting information from her was like trying to squeeze water from a rock. Nevertheless, he enjoyed her company, and he soon felt closer to her than to anyone he had met in a long time.

Alberic spent him time mostly alone, either near the front of the ship or in his own room, where he was away from the commotion and not in the way. He was slightly depressed - Raven and Kol had each other, Celo and Terrowin were fast becoming good friends, and Estel stared longingly after this new woman like she was a ghost. He had never felt so alone amidst so many people in his life.

Estel had tried to start conversations with the woman while they sailed, but he just never really had the chance to. As they reached the island, got off the ship, and were informed that Zak would be leaving them, but Seren would be staying, his heart leapt with hope. He swore to himself that he would somehow at least ask her why she looked so familiar.

Raven stared out across the vast sea of sand. "It's so huge..." she murmured, pulling her hair back into a ponytail to keep the heat from getting trapped against her neck; she was glad that she had worn a light tanktop. When Zak announced that he would be leaving them, she began to protest, but quickly closed her mouth, afraid that Kol would take it as a sign that she fancied him; in all honesty, she was more afraid that they would get lost without him than just sad that such eye candy would be leaving them. Alberic grunted but didn't say anything else; he was in too sour of a mood to really care about anything.

Terrowin grinned at Kol, nodding. "Aye, Oi'll lead 'em there, mate. Oi've been tae Fallvale a few times - an' I remember that fellow with the hawk. He shouldn't be too hard tae find." With a last wave at Zak and the crew, he began to lead the group to the north, where the city was located. He slowed his pace slightly so that he walked close to Celo, and they began talking again about something they had been discussing earlier, though, as usual, her answers were short and clipped.

Raven wavered behind momentarily, uncertain of what Zak would want with her dragon. They conversed silently for a few minutes, and she waited impatiently as the rest of the group went onward.

Icefyre stared at Zak uncertainly as he told her of his plan. Or rather, the elf king's plan. It made sense - only she could travel fast and long enough to reach the elven city in time, and they would need their help if they were to succeed. After thinking about it for a moment, she nodded. She relayed the message to her rider, and, after consulting for a few minutes, Raven grudgingly agreed to let the dragon do the favor. She hugged Icefyre goodbye, then nodded at Zak. "It was a pleasure to meet you. I hope that we soon cross paths again." With one last wave, she left her dragon and the young captain to discuss the matter further.

Icefyre turned her attention back to Zak. Where exactly shall I have the King go? she asked. And what message should I give him? He remembers me, I am sure, but I am unsure as to what information he needs. She waited for Zak to reply, stretching out her massive wings in preparation for flight.

---

The group trudged along in the heat for a few miles, and soon they were all overheated. Terrowin was forced to unbutton his shirt for fear of getting a heatstroke - he was used to the cold, windy conditions of Aelport, and this desert heat was taking a massive toll on him. He often drank out of his wineskin, relishing the sweet, cool water that he had been provided onboard the ship. The rest of the group did only slightly better. Raven was a little more tolerant to the heat, but a thin layer of sweat had broken out over her skin, as well as her brother's. Estel was the only one who seemed only slightly effected - he was used to the warm, humid atmosphere in the elves' forest. He took the chance in the silence to introduce himself to the woman. "I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to stare earlier," he began, walking quietly up beside her. They were slightly behind the rest of the group, so they didn't need to worry about being overheard. "You just look extremely familiar to me. A name is right on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to place it. Sara, Shira... Seren!" With a grin of satisfaction, the name of his childhood friend was brought back to memory. "Anyway, you just look so much like her. We used to be friends back many, many years ago. Your face just brought back... A lot of memories...." His voice trailed off, and he awkwardly glanced away. She probably thought he was an idiot for bringing up something in the presence of a complete stranger.

Soon they were within sight of the city. At first it was only a dark line on the horizon, but soon they were able to make out the shapes of buildings. The majority were short and square, and nearly all of them faded into the surrounding sand due to the light yellow hue of the structures. It was near the sea, so the people had a good source of food and natural resources, but the climate would take some getting used to. They walked into the town without trouble, and slowly meandered around, looking for the man that Terrowin apparently knew.

They walked for a while before Terrowin shouted triuphantly and pointed in the distance. "That's him. Oi'd recognize that dark hair and magnificent hawk anywhere. C'mon, let's go an' see wot we're supposed tae do." The group trudged towards him and Terrowin waved. "Ahoy, he sand lizard!" he cried, cocky grin in place. "Oi'm surprised ye haven't been blown tae bits from the sandstorms yet!"
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Zak smiled, thankful that the dragon would part with her rider in order to fulfill this task. "The good king asks that you report to his where we are at this current time, he should then march his army out across the plains and up to Lorton. Where he will await you, and myself to cross the ocean. Raven is the only person with a map to know where the islands are. Those waters are dangerous and filled with fog so we won't advance until everyone is present. The good king will suit you with armor, dragon, so you will be battle ready when you are reunited with your rider. That is all, I believe. Good luck, and may the winds blow in your favor." Zak said and backed away to let the dragon take off from the ground. Things were in motion now. While Kol and his group would be going around Fallvale and Bay Moar, Zak would return to Aelport to recruit people for the cause.

~*~*~*~

Seren was not surprised, to say the least when Estel approached her and calmly folded her hands in front of her as he tried to recall the name of his childhood friend. "Yes, Seren is my name, good sir. Perhaps we have met before?" She suggested with a bright smile on her face. She couldn't say she out right remembered the man but he had a familiar air to him that she recognized. She walked on with him in a pleasant silence until Terrowin had pointed out that he had found who he was looking for.

Felren grinned as he saw Terrowin walking towards him. "I'm not one to die so easily, my old friend, nor are you...good to see you alive. The man had dark hair, longer than usual for a man but not overly so. He was well built and rather tan from the beating sun where he has grown up. His clothing was simple, but enough to keep him cool from the hot air. A red tailed hawk sat on his shoulders, darting his eyes back and forth from the strangers.

"And I suppose that these are your new friends, " Felren looked over Terrowin's shoulder to size up the avians. "Nice to meetcha. I'm Felren, as you could have guessed. And all of you are...?"

"I'm Kol. Glad to meet you, good sir." He steeped forward and grasped his shoulders in a familiar male greeting as he returned the gesture.

"Celo." She stepped forward and extended her hand to the man, shaking it gently as she eyed the hawk. It was a beautiful creature. "You like 'er?" He asked Celo. "She has been more than a loyal friend to me over the years, her name is Aris." He smiled at Celo's curiosity towards the bird while he looked at the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:12 am

((Because of my long last post, and because I'm not entirely sure what to write, I apologize for what is sure to be a short post ^^; ))

Icefyre nodded at the odd pirate boy, then took off into the air, icy wings pumping powerfully in the thin, hot air. She was glad to be leaving - this desert-like land was no place for her to be. She instinctually knew the way back to the mainland, and angled herself in the fastest route back. Before a few hours had passed, she could see it on the horizon, and was soon flying over the land again. Another many hours and a beautiful landscape later, she made it back over the forest that hid the city of the elves. By this time the sun was starting to lower on the horizon, painting the sky with oranges and golds.

She sniffed the air frequently to catch scent of the elves; the trees were too dense to rely on sight to find the city. Soon, she caught a whiff of the exotic aroma of the elves, and found a small clearing to land in. She made sure that no one was in the way before landing heavily on the leaf-strewn ground; it was difficult for her to land completely vertically.

Immediately, a group of elves appeared with bows and aimed at her, but when they realized who it was they backed off quickly. I must see the king, she told them urgently, and they swiftly led her back to the palace where they had been only a few days ago. She was granted audience immediately and, after bowing her head and greeting the king, gave him Zak's message. [i]The pirate Zaknafein told me that you and your army are needed in Lorton as soon as you can gather and leave. The group is currently in the city of Fallvale, recruiting anyone that they can find for our cause. He also said that you will suit me for battle, if that is your wish." She fell silent, awaiting the elf's reply.

---------

Estel was about to reply excitedly to the woman when he was interrupted by Terrowin's cry of recognition. He bit his tongue and waited for introductions to be made.

"Pleased to meet you, Felren," Raven greeted gently. "I'm Raven, and I must say, that is a magnificent bird that you have." She dipped her head then backed up slightly, allowing her brother to introduce himself as well. "Alberic," he said simply, nodding. He was still in a sour mood, and didn't feel like talking too much.

Estel then stepped forward and shook the man's hand. "I'm Estel, friend. Pleased to meet you." As the rest of the group talked, he turned back to Seren, practically bursting with excitement. "You must be her. Do you remember being friends with a sprightly young man, back in your early teens? I had long dark hair an' a knack for getting into trouble. This can't be a coincidence - you look exactly like the Seren from my past. She and I used to do everything together..." he trailed off, staring into the distance. What were the chances that he would run into a friend from so long ago?

Eventually, all the greetings were made, and Terrowin took charge again. "Alright, Felren, so wot exactly do we have goin' on here? Zak really didn't give us much in the way o' instruction, so we're sorta at yer mercy here." What he didn't add was that he was roasting, and felt a little uncomfortable standing in the middle of a busy road without a shirt on. Mind you, he was pretty well built, lean and hard from fighting so often for survival, but he still preferred to wear clothes in public. He wanted to get somewhere cool, and fast.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 12:08 am

The elf closest to Icefyre bowed to her and singled for her to follow them deeper into the forest. The forest was exactly how they had left it, it exuded natural beauty and a sense of grace from the elven made building. "Please here stay, good dragon." The elf said in broken English. He disappeared into the network of trees, with the remaining elves keeping a good distance on IceFyre while keeping a wary on her. With the tidings of war at their feet the elves were uneasy with anyone but themselves. Even with someone they knew.

Several minutes later, Lord Tithdaeron appeared, lines of stress on his normally smooth face. "Ah, good dragon, it is nice to see you again. How might we be of assistance to you?" He asked placing a hand on the hilt of his sword.

~*~*~*~

Felren smiled at Terrowin. "Don't tell me a little warm weather has you bothered? Come, follow me friends." He said as he lead them through the sand filled city. The buildings looked as if they had been cropped out of the sand itself, taking the color and feel of the sand to bled perfectly if you were not looking carefully.

Kol shifted uncomfortably as they walked, as he pulled down the opening of his vest even further. It was uncomfortable to say the least being in such extreme heat but he knew full well it was necessary to make a trip to the desert lands. The people here were well versed fighters and very adaptable people. His glance shifted to Raven, noticing her discomfort as well, Kol grabbed at the water pouch on his side and handed it to her. "Drink, my lady, before you melt." He said in a gentle teasing manner.

Seren smiled at the mention of a youthful man in her younger years, she did indeed remember a man like that. "Yes, I do believe I remember now. My goodness, that has been such a long time ago. Estel, I assume then you have been well?" She smiled sweetly.

Celo on the other hand couldn't help the occasional glances that would make their way to Terrowin's glimmering chest. She had to admit, he didn't look half bad shirtless. On top of that, he had been trying rather hard to get to get to know her. Harder the any man before him. Perhaps she could give him a chance?

Felren led them to his home and had them sit down in the cool shade of the building. It was surprisingly cool in the building and rather spacious for how small it looked from the outside. It was sparsely decorated, and had tan and red accent colors around the rooms. "Please forgive my lack of well....everything." He grinned as he brought out cool water for them. "And also forgive me that I've yet to tell you anything. I assume Zak sent you to me because as of the last time your buddy Terriwon last saw me here, I am a proud owner of a great new business." He grinned to let the anticipation grow in the room as to what his new job must have been. "I rent out riding sand dragons. Now, they aren't like the great beasts of legend that you can talk to you what not...These are more like...really big riding lizards." He explained as he looked at the faces of the people in the room.

"...And what does this have to do with us, in particular?" Kol asked, adjusting in his seat and now far more comfortable with his surroundings. He pushed back some of the blonde locks of hair that were in his face as he steady an even gaze with the odd fellow.

"You all will be riding these great beasts while you are here in the desert lands. You can't very well fly here, the rules change from a normal storm and a sand storm mates. So we will be heading out rather shortly. You are free to roam the town till then. Oh! I nearly forgot, there are more clothes over in the chest behind the rather unhappy lookin' mate. You'll find they breath better and protect from the sand."

~*~*~*~

Kol walked out of one of the room where the men were changing and looked himself over. He couldn't help but almost feel like a pirate. His clothing was mostly white, his pants a little bigger then he was used to hug on his hip, a white tunic with a deep V neck, and a black open vest on top. He used his own belts across his hips and wore his black boots still. It wasn't so bad looking. Kol looked up to see Celo coming from the room and grinned. "Wow, Celo, you almost look like a girl.

"You would be wise not to speak, brother." Celo was certainly not in her element. Her hair, normally pulled up in two pigtails was cascading down her back like a golden waterfall and was held out of her face by a small silver trinket on the top of her head. Her clothing was a dark emerald green color and hung on her frame almost to a T. She had dark green pants that sat low on her hips. The shirt she had cut off just at the top of her ribs, leaving her flat stomach exposed. She had a sheer, green cover over her shoulders that hung down to her hips. "I don't see how this is practical at all, Kol." She said.

~*~*~*~

Just outside the city, one girl was not so well off as our group of adventures. Her breathing was heavy and her body was slick with sweat. This was not her element. Her black hair clung to her face and her clothing was soaked with what little body water she had left in her. She hated this dry, hot weather. To think, a proud snow demon, half dead because of some stupid sand.

Her golden orbs searched the area for /someone/ to help her, but found no one among the piles of sand that looked like buildings. She fell, face down in the sand no longer able to move her body.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:52 am

Icefyre nodded in respect to the king, relaying the message that she had given the other elf. Zaknefein wanted me to tell you this as soon as possible so that you could gather your army by the time the rest of the group is at Lorton, she added when she was through with the message. She glanced around; she began to notice that the elves didn't seem as happy or carefree as they had before, and many were carrying beautiful weapons and garbed in silver armor. She shook her head nervously. She was not a rageful dragon, and took no joy in killing others. She knew that she was an important figure in the war that was sure to come, and she wasn't sure what to think. She would slay people who threatened her rider, yes, but she would never kill in cold blood. That was where she drew the line. She puffed icy smoke into the air, awaiting the King's response and, hopefully, action.

----------

Raven took the water gratefully as they walked, pouring it down her throat and also letting a few drops soak her shirt. She was not used to such heat, and it was beginning to take a toll on her. Kol seemed likely effected, and she smiled faintly at his gleaming, chisled chest as he pulled down the front of his vest. "Perhaps we should go to warm places more often," she joked,"where clothing is minimal."

Estel nodded at Seren, filled with his old youthful energy; it was odd how the presence of a childhood friend could make you feel years younger. "Aye, I've been well. After I disappeared from the city, I found an elven city in the forest not too far away. They took me in, and I've lived there ever since. You know how obsessed I was about learning - in their world, it seemed there was an endless supply of new things to learn, and see, and do." He smiled, reminiscing about the years that had gone by.

Terrowin was not ignorant of Celo's glances; every time she snuck a look his way, he made sure that he was walking confidently, trying not to let the heat make him look like a wimp. He wasn't going to say it, but the beating sun was starting to make his old wound ache, and it took an effort for him not to limp as they made their way towards the home.

Alberic walked at the back of the line. His mood had brightened only slightly at seeing the odd beauty of the town, but he was roasting, and, as many of the other men he was with, had unbuttoned the front of his jacket for comfort. He wasn't as ripped as the others, and he couldn't help but feel a little self-conscious. Still, it was better than frying in his dark, heavy tunic.

After what seemed like ages, they finally made it to the cool comfort of Felren's abode. It was still warm, but not unpleasantly so, and everyone was thankful for the change of temperature. They listened curiously to Felren as he spoke of his new job, and Raven nearly jumped out of her seat at the mention of dragons. When she realized they were not like Icefyre, though, she calmed down again.

Terrowin was impressed. "Well, mate, seems yer doin' quite well!" he commented after his tale was told. "Oi never woulda guessed that a business like that existed, but Oi can see why it's so successful. It's bloody difficult to try tae get around on foot in this kind o' heat, let alone a sand storm. We're thankful for yer willingness to help us." When Fenrel also told them of the new clothes, he sighed in relief. "That'd be a blessing. These clothes are not meant tae be worn in the desert," he said, motioning towards his dark leggings and shirt. Raven, Alberic, and Estel were equally glad. They quickly went to their separate rooms and changed.

----

A few minutes later, Raven came out, arms wrapped around herself in embaressment. She was dressed the same as Celo, only her pants were a light crimson color, and her top was white. She had found to her surprise that her body had already changed during the rough few days that they had been through; her normally soft, curvaceous form was already leaner and more compact, a change that she wasn't sure what to think of. Her hair was pulled back in a twisted braid, adorned with a few ribbons just for the heck of it. She bit her lip as she looked Kol over; he, of course, looking stunning as always, with a pirate-y twist due to his desert clothing. A bubble of laughter escaped her. "If those pants were and looser, they'd fall right off your hips," she laughed.

Terrowin appeared next. He had chosen a different style than Kol, and one that fit him well. Instead of a shirt, his torso was only covered by a dark, open-fronted vest, letting his skin breathe in the dry heat. His pants were pale and loose, and hugged his muscular hips with a dark, leather belt. He had taken the time to trim his stubble back slightly, and also to comb his dirty, ruffled hair. Unfortunately, he thought, the sand would soon mess it up again. Oh, well.

Now, Terrowin wasn't exactly a ladies man, but he did like to impress a woman every once in a while, and he loved to just sit and watch pretty young ladies walking by back in Aelport. He never really talked to them, only watched and listened to their pleasant voices and graceful movements. There were a number of beautiful woman back in the seaside town, but none had ever made him gawk so much as Celo did now. When he had first met her, he had thought she was pretty, in a rough-around-the-edges sort of way. Now, though, he was struck dumb by her beauty. Her hair was long and lusterous, and shimmered incredibly in the bright sunlight. Her clothing floated around her thin, lithe form, and her skin, though slightly pale, was flawless and curved in just all the right places. As he approached her, he thought of all the witty, complementary things he could say to her as she appeared now. When he was within speaking distance, he opened his mouth a spoke how he felt.

"Uhhh."

DAMMIT.

He smacked himself internally, then, after his brain started functioning again, he added,"Yer a sight tae see, lass. If Oi didn't know any better, Oi woulda thought that ye were a princess." He meant the words truthfully, but said it in a slightly teasing manner, so she knew that he was aware of how un-princesslike she was. In fact, he noticed with delight, she was wearing the intimidating wrist-knife contraption that he had bought her yesterday on her arm, which only added to her stunning appearance. He grinned. "Glad tae see ye wearin' that."

Alberic came out only moments later, garbed in a light green v-necked shirt, dark grey leggings like Kol's, and dark, lightweight boots. He took one glance at the rest of the group - most were already either coupled up or talking in groups - and deflated. He was an outsider, he thought sadly. With only a wave to the group to let them know that he was going flying, he exited the building and leapt into the air, going where, he didn't know. He flew above the city for several minutes, waiting for something to catch his eye, but all he saw was sand, dirt, and bland-looking citizens dressed in light colors that made them blend in to the environment. He flew farther out, until he was nearly out from the border of the desert town, where something finally got his attention. It was only a dark splotch on the ground, but something about it made him pause and take a closer look. With a jolt, he realized it was a girl. Not only that, but she looked like she was in need of help. He turned into a dive, landing lightly right beside the collapsed woman. He ran up to her and kneeled, turning her over and lifting her head off the soft, sandy ground. Her eyes were closed, and her breathing came in small, pained breaths; her body was soaked with sweat as well. She looked like a regular human girl, other than the weird black marking over her right eye, and a couple of black band-like tattoos over her arms. He grabbed his canteen and forced some of the water down her throat, praying that he wasn't too late. He spread out his wings to create at least a small amount of shade, anything to keep the sun from beating down on her frail-looking body. As he tended to her, he noticed her odd, exotic beauty, and wondered if there was more to her than what he could see.

Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Kol cast a look at Raven at her comment of how the pants sat on his hips and walked over to her. He had to admit she was rather beautiful in the clothing. Taking her hand, he placed a light kiss on his kunckles as he looked up at her. "Such kind words from such a beautiful woman, what ever shall I do with myself?" He teased and stood tall again, leaning in and placed another soft kiss on her lips this time. "This clothing suits you well, my lady." He spoke with sincerity this time as he looked at Terriwon gawking at his sister. As he was about to state his dislike of his stares, Terriwon made a slight idiot of himself first. Tripping over his words as he drank his sisters form in. A grin spread on his face and suddenly he was satisfied to just wrap his arm around Raven's waist.

Celo on the other hand let a smile come to her face at his sudden laps in brain function. Never before had a man looked at her like that before, not that she was really looking to see if they were, but this was actually kind of interesting. How did a man end up worming his way in to her life, she would never know but at least this one could keep her entertained. At the mention of being a princess she only scoffed but did not rebuttal it. She felt rather uncomfortable with her stomach exposed and the thin, light material covering her skin felt as if it wasn't enough. She took the time to look him over now and noted with some delight that his base chest was pretty exposed due to the open vest. A whole slew of thoughts poured into her head suddenly and a light pink stain made its way to her face.

At the mention of the weapon on her arm, Celo was more then glad for a change in topic. "It is a beautiful weapon, it would be a waste if I did not wear it at least." She looked down at her arm and fingered the weapon. The dragons shape and red color only added to its exotic beauty. It was also the first gift she had ever received from someone that wasn't her siblings.

Seren finally stepped from the back room, a dark crimson stain on her face as she kept her gaze towards the ground. She wore the same style of clothing as the other two girls, save that her outfit was a dark emerald green. She kept her arms tightly wrapped around her, fearing to expose her flat stomach. "This is kind of embarrassing..." She said softly as she looked around the room. Kol's eyes met with hers first.

"You look stunning, my lady, why you hide yourself so, if beyond my knowledge. Right Raven?" He asked with a smile on his face. The stain on her face only grew darker at the compliment.

~*~*~*~

Aneria felt someone pick her up, but couldn't find the strength to open her eyes. Breathing was painful and her body felt like lead, what a terrible day. As the water was forced down her throat she chocked slightly, turning herself to the side so as she didn't spit the water up on herself. Breathing heavily now from the strain, she took notice that she was in the shade now. That was definitely not any shade in his god forsaken place. Maybe she had died. Aneria dared to open her eyes and her golden orbs were met with his light colored ones. He was avian. "Who..." She tried to ask who he was but her voice was gruff from disuse and sore from being so dry for so long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Raven's face lit up as Kol kissed her, and she suddenly felt less self-conscious, knowing that she was still beautiful in his eyes. She still would have rather not worn the revealing clothing, but it was for the best, and it would hopefully keep them from getting overheated in the desert. She wrapped an arm around Kol as he embraced her as well, then turned to look at the rest of the group. She noted with slight concern that Alberic had left in a hurry, probably upset or angry for some reason or another. She almost went after him, but decided against it; the best way for him to get out his emotions was to be alone, something she had learned long ago. He would return soon enough, if only just for food or relief from the heat.

Terrowin grinned as Celo complimented the weapon, ignoring the blush that had appeared on her face. "Oi'm glad ye like it. It's the perfect weapon tae be used by such a beautiful woman as yerself. Oi hope it'll serve ye well." As he said this he slowly wandered away from Kol and Raven, looking as innocent as possible. He didn't plan on taking her anywhere, necessarily, but he didn't like the predatory gaze that Kol was giving him as he talked with Celo. As an only child, he didn't really know the feeling of protectiveness for a sibling, but he could only guess that Kol was already expecting him to pull some suave moves and give false compliments just to get her to trust him. This, of course, was absolutely absurd. Terrowin never said anything unless he meant it. And the compliments he gave Celo were the truest he had ever spoken. He felt pale and awkward in the radiance that she gave off in her appearance, and wondered what on earth he was doing trying to go after a woman that was outclassed him so much. He could only wait and hope to see if she would return his feelings. "Well, anyway, hopefully ye won't need tae use it too much. Out here in the desert, Oi don't know what we could run into that would put up much of a fight. Oi've never seen a cactus or scrub bush that fights back. But Oi guess ye never know." He shrugged, then gently took her right hand, lifting it and admiring how the dragon glittered in the sunlight. A beautiful weapon indeed.

Estel was last to come out. Unlike the others, he was dressed very modestly, with a lightweight brown shirt that only dipped slightly in the front, darker brown pants that was made of a heavier fabric, and tough, thin boots that were meant for walking on sand. His hair was now combed, his beard trimmed, and a mischevious sparkle now gleamed in his eye. He was about to ask when they would be leaving when he caught sight of Seren's silver hair, and he turned to look at her. She had been pretty when he had first seen her on the dock, but now, she looked stunning, even in her older age. He stared at her in amazement, having a hard time accepting that his once young, childhood friend had become such a beautiful woman. When Kol complimented her, he nodded in agreement. "Aye, lady, you look fantastic. There is no need to be embarassed when you look so lovely." He tried not to stare at her too openly, but he couldn't really help it. He felt his heart start to flutter oddly, and he couldn't quite place the feeling. He pushed it aside, unsure of what to think about it.

He turned back to Felren, who had been waiting for them as they changed. "Alright, mate, what're we gonna do next? Just explore the town? Oi don't know about you guys, but Oi'm pretty beat from the journey here. Oi think it'd be in out best interest tae rest and relax today, an' worry about startin' the dragon ridin' tomorrow." He waited to see what Felren's opinion would be.

-----

"Shhh, don't talk," Alberic said, offering more water. Thank god, she was alive, and now conscious, which was a good sign. He hoped that she would be alright. "I'm Alberic. I'm not from around here, but I was just flying around when I saw you collapsed on the ground. What are you doing out here all... Never mind. This isn't the time to talk, I need to get you out of here." He was frantic and unsure of what to do, which was why he had started rambling. He had a tendency to do that. "I'm going to have to fly you back to the city. Please, trust me. As long as you stay still, I won't drop you." She looked too weak to really put up much of a fight anyway, so he stood, cradling her against his chest. She was very light, which was good, since it was extremely difficult to fly with another person. "Just wrap your arms around my neck, and we'll be there in no time." When she had done so, he flapped powerfully, slowly taking off into the air. His wings strained against the extra weight, but he managed to gain height and angle back towards the city. "We're staying with a friend back in town. I'll take you back to his house, he'll know what to do." It took only a few minutes before he recognized the buildings, and located Fenrel's home fairly quickly. "Hang on," he warned, and pulled into a gradual drop, landing lightly just outside the home. "Hey!" he called, still clutching the girl against his torso. "I need help out here!" His wings were still outstretched, making a sort of umbrella over her dehydrated form, as he quickly walked towards the house.

Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 am

Felren couldn’t help but be amused at the reaction to the foreign clothing on them. Most of them were at least somewhat uncomfortable with some aspect of the material. Whether it be the fit or lack of clothing. Ah, but despite his amusement the clothing really did serve a purpose of keeping them cool in the hot sun of the desert. If they could fly across the sands it wouldn’t be such a big deal, but the desert was rather unkind to flying creatures. Sand would get in between feathers, eyes, wings, anything that it could beat at skin. Felren knew this all too well, for the Sand dragon was not the first type of dragon he tried for his business.

To Estel’s question Felren merely shrugged. “You are free to do as you please until tomorrow. I need to prepare the dragons for the journey and make some final preparations here before we go. The city is the limits I would advise. It’s easy to get lost in the sands when you are disoriented from the sun.”

~*~*~*~

Aneria let Alberic carry her form across the sand. Despite the cooler wind rushing against her face, she felt like she would never be cool again. Oooh, how she missed the ice and snow and how she wished she were away from this god forsaken place. Her head pounded as if it was being slammed against a hard surface over and over again. Her throat stung and her eyes burned. She weakly held onto Alberic as they landed but the stress was too much on her frail body. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and Aneria let darkness overcome her once more.

As Felren was about to comment on something else, he heard Alberic’s cry for help. He looked once to Raven and Kol, and then quickly walked out the door with the group. Kol was out first and stopped just outside the door to see Alberic holding the girl. “Alberic! What happened?!” He saw the strange woman in his arms. She looked as if dead as she laid in his arms, what more he took notice almost right away at the markings on her face and arms. He titled his head in confusion but thought on it no more.

Felren looked over Kol’s shoulder and a sudden scowl came to his face. “Alberic, you’d be best to bring that thing where you found it.” He said with a sudden venomous to his voice. He pushed his way through the group and his scowl grew even more.

Kol was first to rebuttal. “You can’t just let her die, Felren, look at her.” He said, not really understanding as to why he would let someone, a female, let alone to die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:20 am

Raven winked slyly at Kol. "Why don't we go stroll around town, eh?" she asked, entwining her fingers with his and leading him away. She had paused when her brother came flying in with an injured woman cradled in his arms, but even though Kol showed concern and Felren seemed angry about it, she merely looked at her brother and knew that he would protect her no matter what. That was just the kind of person he was. When they were out of the house, she told Kol,"Don't worry about the woman. If she can be saved, my brother will save her. If she cannot be saved, then... Well, we'll have to deal with a night of self-loathing from Alberic. There's nothing we can do about it either way." They slowly made there way towards the center of the city, and she was pleased to realize that the cloathing she was wearing really did keep the heat from bothering her so much. She was a little uncertain about going out in public with her middriff showing so much, but she relaxed when she saw that pretty much all women of all different sizes were dressed the same way. "What is there to do in a city of sand?" she mused, looking around for something of interest. Everywhere it was yellow, sandy, and dry, and it seemed like there was nothing that they would find to spend their afternoon doing. She contemplated going down to the sea again, but she didn't really want to wander too far, in case they couldn't find their way back, or something. For a while they just walked around, watching people and marveling at the buildings that were made in this place, and wondering why anyone would ever want to live in such a city.

Finally, they turned a corner and saw something fascinating. There, in the middle of a clearing, was a humongous waterpark-like playground, where people young and old were dancing in the water, cooling themselves off from the heat. "It must come from the ocean," Raven murmured, for there was so much water spurting from the ground, out of twisting pipes and tubes, that there was no other place that could provide so much water. Laughing, Raven dashed into it, immediately getting soaked to the skin. She waved at Kol to come in as well. Luckily, though the fabric she was wearing on her torso was thin, it was dark enough so that she wasn't, ah, exposed. It felt so refreshing to wash away the sweat and dust, she thought. The sun was already getting closer to the horizon line, though, so she knew that it wouldn't be long before it got cool.

----

Estel was content just to relax at Fenrel's home, or perhaps just sit outside and watch people walk by, maybe learn a thing or two about this city's culture. He glanced at Seren, smiled, and then went outside, finding a comfortable place in the shade to sit. The first thing he noticed was that nearly everyone was dark-skinned and dark-haired, to protect against the sun and heat. An interesting display of evolution and adaption, he thought. Many were carrying jugs of water or fruit around, as if they had just come from a market and were retreating back to their homes as the sun began to set. For a while he was just content to sit there and soak in the culture. It was a hot and dry place, true, but the people that lived here were obviously used to it, for nearly everyone that he saw seemed happy and healthy. As he sat there, his mind began to wander to Seren. What a strange coincidence that he had run into her on this incredible journey. After so many years of being isolated in that city of the elves, he had lost any hope of ever seeing any of his friends or family again. And yet, here she was, more beautiful and intelligent then he had remembered! Living with the elves, he had never really found a woman that he wanted to marry. Well, considering the elves, except on rare occasions, never had any of that sort of relationship with humans, it wasn't surprising. He wondered what it was like, to love a woman. Here he was, nearly forty years old, and had never really even thought about it before. He was so caught up in the world of elves and knowledge, it simply hadn't been an important part of his life. Seren reappearing in this most unexpected way made him question that. He was, he thought, very truly alone, even amongst his new friends. They had accepted him, sure, but did they really enjoy his presence? The thought made him slightly depressed, and the more he thought about it, the more he had an urge to renew his bond with Seren. He glanced in the home, wondering where she had gone.

-----

Alberic stared at Felren with open-mouthed dismay. "Take her back? She'll die! What is so wrong with her that she deserves that sort of death? She is too frail and weak to do anything. I am not going to take her back to her death sentence." With that, he shoved past Felren into the house, not really caring if he complained or not. All he wanted to do was save this girl, who had fallen unconscious again, he noted with anxiety. He had found her, and taken her from what was sure to have killed her... And now, he wouldn't stop trying to save her until she was either okay or dead.

He took her back to the room that he had changed in and lay her on the bed, then grabbed a wet washcloth and began wiping the sweat off of her brow. She was so thin, and so hot, she obviously needed more water. He brought a canteen to her lips and slowly trickled some water into her mouth, afraid of choking her while she was out. Once she had consumed a little bit of the liquid, he paced around, not sure what else to do. He needed to cool her off. But how? He whirled around and searched for the bathroom, soon finding it behind a door that was on the other side of the room. He gently picked her small form up again, then took her to the bathtub, where he set her down and contemplated if he should try to expose more of her skin to let it breathe. Being the kind of guy he was, he rejected the idea and instead began filling the tub with cool water, not stopping until it reached her waist. He waited for her to wake up, hoping the cool water would revive her.

As he waited, he pondered over what to do. Obviously, she wasn't a normal human, and by the way Felren had reacted, she had some sort of bad aura around her. She seemed incapable of causing harm, though, especially in this state, and he didn't see any reason why she deserved to die. He brushed some of her dark hair away from her face, his hands trembling as he touched her smooth, soft skin.

---------

Terrowin and Celo had left the home at about the same time as Kol and Raven, and had spent most of the day trying a new sport - sand surfing. There were these long, thin planks of shaped wood that, when waxed on the bottom, slid over the sand with the greatest of ease. It was incredibly fun, although both Terrowin and Celo had fallen off of the boards numerous times. Even after they were coated with sand and exhausted from so much exercise, they were laughing and enjoying themselves.

Soon, the sun began to set, and they walked back towards the house, going past the same water park that Raven and Kol had been at only moments earlier. They washed off, playfully splashing each other and enjoying the cool refreshment, then went back to the home to change and eat. After they had done so, and were now in warmer clothing due to the dramatic drop in temerature during the night, they snuck out of the building for a night stroll, too excited and still full of energy from the day to simply relax and rest until the morning. They soon wandered a little ways out of town, but not too far that it was dangerous. They could still see the lights from Fenrel's house as they settled on a sand dune, surrounded by sand and small tufts of sparse-looking grass. The sun was long gone at this point, and the moon was only a small sliver in the sky, surrounded by a brilliant array of stars and constellations. It was a pleasant evening, not too cold and not too hot, and they rested for a while in silence, simply thinking back over the day and what lay ahead on the journey.

"Yer a fun lass tae be around, Celo," Terrowin finally said, breaking the silence. "Oi had a lot o' fun with ye. An' that's sayin' somethin' - Oi can't remember the last time Oi did somethin' simply for pleasure. An' o' course, it was even better than Oi got tae spend it with a lovely lady such as yerself." His normal grin was in place, and, innocently and inconspicuosly, he shifted his position until he was on his side, facing her. "Yer one of a kind, ye are. Has anyone ever told ye that?" He plucked at some grass absent-mindedly, but glancing occasionally at her face, her eyes, her lips....
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:06 am

Kol hadn't felt so...carefree in a long time and the day spent with Raven made him feel so more then he could ever hope for. With the discover of the random shooting water, Kol couldn't even begin to figure out how that was done. He would have thought this entire place dry as a bone, save for the coast where the ocean was. But, he wasn't about to complain when Raven pulled him over and into the cool water. It felt rather good to get the heat of the day from his body and as the sun began to dip in the sky Kol gently took Raven's hand and led her from the water. "The temperature is going to dip dramatically, so we better get some dry clothes back on." Kol pushed back a few wet locks of hair that were on Raven's face and looks down to her. "Raven..." He grew somber as he drew closer to her. He hovered his lips inches from hers. "I love you." He said gently before pressing his lips against her own before she had time to give him a response. He had no idea if it was too soon or not to say it but in his mind when he felt it, it was then the right time to say it. He could only hope that she didn't reject his feelings at the most. If she wasn't ready to say it back, he would understand.

~*~*~*~

Seren moved about the small kitchen as she looked at the new woman and Alberic in concern. He had put her in the tub to cool off, which she thought would be the best plan of action but the man seemed so frazzled and she thought if she would try to say something he might jump out of his socks, that and Felren was viciously guarding the bathroom door and seemed to have a permanent scowl on his face. So she quietly went about her way. She spotted Estel sitting outside admiring the people passing by and sighed gently. Had he changed so much? She couldn't remember, her teen years seemed so far behind her. Seren took the time to make a quick batch of herbal tea and walked out to Estel. "I thought you may like some tea now that the heat of the day is gone. It's an herbal tea, good for the heart." She said gently as she took a seat next to him and folded her hands in her lap.

"A lot has changed since we were kids, my friend." She stated and looked at him. He didn't look terribly different from his youth save for the silvery hair and the knowledge that seemed to fill his eyes. He was calmer that she remembered him being, but she figured that had come with age and didn't really think twice on it. She just sat back and enjoyed the view as the last bits of daylight dipped below the horizon.

~*~*~*~

Felren leaned in the doorway of the bathroom, frowning at Alberic as he ran the water to cool the girl off. "You don't understand, mate, this thing here is a demon and not only that an ice demon. How the hell she got here, I don't know nor care. The Ice demons are in league with the wizard king, mate. She can't be anything but bad news." He said gently, as if trying to break bad news to the man. He already seemed to attached to her even though she had only been in his care for a short while. He really didn't want the man upset, but he also didn't want the thing reviving and slaughtering them all. He had heard awful tales of people confronting these demons and very few people made it back alive with with all their body parts in tack. Ice could do terrible things to the body with extended exposer.

Aneria stirred as she heard people talking, she was in water...that much she could tell. She opened her eyes slowly and saw the man who had rescued her. She coughed gently, she felt weak but no longer as bad as she did. The cool water helping to revive her dehydrated body.

~*~*~*~

Celo couldn't help the faint smile that hovered on her lips as Terrowin complimented her so much. "I couldn't say I was aware of it, no..." She looked back to the sliver of moon in the sky and sighed contently. "You've been the only man to ever hold my interest.." Whether she said it to him, or herself out of contemplation she did not know. Celo rested on her back and had propped herself up on her elbows but turned her head in his direction as he shifted in the sand. He was giving her a look she hadn't really seen before but couldn't exactly depute. He looked as if he saw only her and that was...well, interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)   Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apollo and Tajy (A book lost in time)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next