Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 pm

Jitt nodded to Ladon.
We haven't, no. I'm Jitt. He looked down at his claws where Starling worked, watching her outline the rune with curiosity. He didn't know much about magic, and didn't have much himself- his merits lay more in his strength and stamina.
What does that do? he asked Ladon, wondering why Starling was trembling. As he thought that, though, she stopped, and continued to trace the shape onto Silver's arm with a steady hand.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

Male Loveliness : 7

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

The stele moved between Starling's fingers, making dark lines on the Shadowhunter's pale skin. Ladon watched intently as he answered the other dragon, That should help, even if for a short period of time. It can slow the venom down a bit. He explained

Just as Starling finished drawing the rune, it disappeared, leaving it's shape in a scar-like silvery rune on Silver's forearm.

He looked around as if looking for something, but shook his head to get rid of the thought. He'd come back and fetch them later
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

“Right, so this will stop the venom then?” Starling asked, returning the silver artefact to his saddle. Jitt seemed sure that they had to go somewhere, and was about to ask where when she realised that Ladon was looking around. “Were you looking for something?” she asked, her voice full of polite curiosity. None of this made any sense to her anymore – magic was seldom spoken of in Shayenne, and dragons were a little less commonplace – and she was beginning to feel swamped by the situation. The flakes of confetti falling on her and sticking to her dark, gory feathers were not helping matters, either.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:05 pm

It would slow it down until he regain consciousness and do something about that poison running in his vines His voice echoed in her mind.

The black sword and bow, I can't sense them He said with a growl. I shall come look for them later. We have more important matters to attend to. First of all, we need to find where all this little confetti coming from. It is not normal He looked towards Jitt wondering where are they heading next.

Last edited by Ghost on Mon May 02, 2011 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Jitt nodded, looking a little relieved.
Time will definitely be useful, till we can get him to some help. He blinked at the silver rune which appeared on Silver's arm, peering closer at it for a moment before straightening up again and looking at Starling as she mentioned looking for something. Before he could make any input, though, Ladon had spoken mentally to both him and Starling. He briefly wondered what these black weapons were, but if Ladon was happy to come back later then that was fine.
Well, that has to do with where we're going. It's the mayor's house... I guess I can explain when we're there, but he can give Silver help and even with the rune thing he doesn't look too good. Jitt looked back down at the man he held on his tilted claws, then up to the sky.
We'd better get moving, he announced.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 2:19 pm

Starling nodded rapidly to Jitt, and looked at Ladon curiously. “Well, if we need to fly, would you mind carrying me terribly?” she asked. She knew Jitt had already asked the same thing, but she liked to be sure, especially around dragons. She thought about fetching the arsenal of weapons that Silver had left inside, but something told her that it was too urgent to worry about that yet.

It took her a moment to remember that they were heading for the mayor’s house, and that she had never met the man in question. She was dimly looking forward to it, as she always liked to get to know the authorities of every town she stayed in, but her troubled mind wouldn’t let her think about that.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Ladon nodded, Alirght then, what are you waiting for? He asked Jitt, and then turned to Starling has he heard her talk, Of course, He lowered himself to the ground to let Starling get on his back more easily.

He glanced at Starling's bracelet as the sunlight reflected off it. But he decided it was nothing important to both his rider and himself, or maybe he just didn't know at the time.

He spared another glance in his rider's direction before getting ready to take off in the howling wind.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Starling climbed onto Ladon’s back carefully, and settled into the saddle. She saw him look at her bracelet, and smiled at him, but decided not to ask about it. He may have been able to read it, she knew, but as it stood, Silver’s condition was more important. She felt exhilarated as the wind picked up enough for the dragons to take off, and wished that she too could fly, but there was no use hoping for that. She gripped one of the spines on Ladon’s back for take-off, but she knew that she would not bother to keep hold.

She waited patiently on Ladon’s back for Jitt to show them the way, and felt more relieved that she had ever felt before that they were going to get everything sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Just for Starling to get up on your back, replied Jitt, smiling as the avian did so and then tensing. He tilted his face into the wind, testing out the angle, before he gave a nod to Ladon and sprang into the air. The dragon's lethal claws tightened around Silver's limp body, precisely positioned so that only the blunt sides touched the man.
This way, I think... he sent back to Ladon and Starling. A gust of wind suddenly blew, knocking him off course, and he sturggled to right himself without being able to properly flap his wings.
Whoops, sorry... Hope I didn't hit you there. As he straightened out, he caught sight of the mayor's large estate and let out a celebratory puff of fire.
Shouldn't take us too long now. he informed his companions. They ahd only been flying for a couple of minutes, but in these conditions it was far too long.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 6:01 am

Ladon just shrugged, It's alright, no harm done. He continued his flight in silence, but upon seeing the huge estate before him, he felt slightly nervous. He wasn't comfortable with being around so many humans.

He shifted to hide his discomfort, then asked, Some one care to explain to me what is going on?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Starling held on to Ladon’s middle tightly with her knees, but opened her arms wide, taking in the feeling of the wind and loving the feeling of flying just as much as always. Her wings stayed folded, despite her urge to try to take off, and she was almost oblivious to the dragons beside and below her. Almost, but not quite. Ladon’s question broke through her thoughts and struck up a tiny spark of fear inside her.

“What?” she gasped, before catching herself. “Sorry, I just expected you would understand this a little more than us. I have no idea where we’re going, and I have even less idea why.” She said. In truth, she had hoped the dragons would understand, and that she could just be the sight-seeing city girl tagging along, but clearly she was going to need to do some thinking after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:07 am

The winds were, when put in a simple sense, hazardous. To some, it probably wasn’t much of an issue, though to Rudindri Dynus it was a laborious and somewhat annoying task to fly in. But, he’d been grounded long enough, and he wasn’t about to just let it blow over. Besides, it wasn’t as though scraps of paper raining down in the wind was any sort of normal, so there was no real reason to assume that it would stop. Whoever, or rather, whatever was doing this, Rudindri had to admit, was probably as much a trickster as he was.

Of course, the difference was that Rudindri’s tricks didn’t put people in harms way or last for so long. He frowned slightly with that thought, not enjoying the prospect of anguish in the slightest. It lasted only a short while though, as he shook it off with a degree of spinning through the air. If there was one thing about the confetti that he liked, it was the way it looked when you flew through it in a certain way. He was currently busily working out how best to beat ones wings to gather as many of them at once as you could and then flinging them in a shower over a particular spot. Since he was currently flying over a town below, he couldn’t help but picture someone getting a healthy heaping dose of confetti draped over them… well, that was if any two-legged could actually stay outside in this.

It was almost bad enough that Rudindri considered grounding himself again. But, he was a driven Hobbit Dragon, and of course he couldn’t resist the challenge. In truth, he was considering finding the edge of this phenomenon and then tracing it to a radius, only to find it’s epicenter and possibly adventure into--just to see if something was actually there. An exhilarating thought, but also one that he feared he wouldn’t be quite able to do. He spun again in the air, diving down as he did so and flaring his wings, tilting them just so to regain some of the lost altitude.

That little maneuver was ruined by two things. The first was a sizeable gust of wind that reminded him that he was essentially flying in a storm. The second… well, he noticed that only a short ways off there were either very, very large pieces of confetti, or a pair of other dragons flying through the confetti storm.

He grinned widely. Of course, there was only one thing such a curious creature as himself could actually compel himself to do in such an innately curious situation--as he suspected that the additional lump on one of the Dragon’s backs was in fact a two-legged--was to go in for a much closer look and say high. Alas, his trickster nature would have to wait, since he didn’t fancy that his ability to become invisible would do well when he may as well have been flying through a veritable object composed loosely of confetti…

What have we here? A fanciful sight indeed! Rudindri beamed, his innate happiness and lightheartedness coming through in waves, even despite the current predicament that the town of Harglen found itself in.

Although, it would be easy to detect the steep increase in concern as Rudindri drew closer, seeing the unconscious human in the claws of the dragon that was quite nearly twice his size. A Scythe Claw Dragon, and the one being ridden was a Magpie Dragon if he recalled the type correctly.

Is that fellow alright?… he asked, almost fearing the answer. He never liked seeing pain, and death as a prospect was worse. He flapped hard to keep somewhat close to the group, careful not to get buffeted around too much. The last thing he needed was for a wing to snap backwards too hard and sprain something…

(OOC: I hope this is alright, if there are any things that any of you would like elaboration upon or otherwise, feel free to PM me! I hope I meet your standards. Smile )
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Starling turned her head as a shadow passed overhead. Holding up a hand against the glare of the sun, she saw the silhouette of another dragon that looked similar to Jitt, but from that angle she couldn’t really tell. The wind was dying down again, and the scraps of confetti were whirling with less intensity, so she risked opening her uninjured wing to the wind. Her broken one lifted a little too - just enough to keep her balance, but it still hung at a painful and unhealthy angle. She knew it was dangerous, and that she was being crazy, but she needed to feel the wind under her wings. At least she wasn’t trying to fly, she figured, as she flung her arms wide once again and closed her eyes, laughing as the confetti whistled across her face and arms. In her head she hoped they were almost there, but he heart told her that she wanted that flight to last forever. It was enough to let her forget about the new dragon, but she was convinced she would find out who/what it was soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Jitt glanced back at Ladon's question.
Sure, one sec... He reangled his wings again, setting a firm and final course for the estate, before he looked back to his accquaintances. It's the mayor's house, he explained. He thinks there's some magic which is causing the storm, that soembody evil sent it or something, and he needs people to go check it out. He'll have somebody who'll be able to help Silver, and maybe you could come along too. He said he'd pay the people who went. At that point though, Jitt was distracted by the arrival of another dragon. His head snapped round as he heard the voice in his mind. He's, uh... Well, we think he'll be okay replied the scythe claw, a little unsure of the answer. He soon located the dragon, and blinked in surprise. I've never seen a dragon of your breed before, he commented. A funny looking little thing, but undoubtedly a dragon all the same. There were quite a surprising number about. Jitt turned back to look at their destination, then realised Starling was in the air. Whoah, be careful! he exclaimed neverously. She seemed to be okay though, and they'd all but arrived... Jitt thankfully thudded down on the mayor's lawn, wing muscles aching from the constant battle for control he'd been fighting while airbourne. Land here, he suggested helpfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 1:27 am

Typhon twisted in the winds, allowing it to take full hold on his body and try to toss him around. He rode on the violent winds with ease, rather, he was enjoying it perhaps a little too much. He could feel the electrical energy fill him and the static sensation it brought with it, he twisted and dived downwards before using the wind once again to power his flight. The gales and gusts were not much of a worry for him, all it did was jar him slightly to one side or another, unlike most other dragons or flying things that shouldn't be in the air at a time like this. Storm Dragons were just at home in the horrid weather as they were a sunshiney day. More so with Typhon, this was what he lived for, the storm.

He flew faster and faster into the wind, cruising with the currents and rolling with them to whatever side it would take him. The little pieces of paper went almost unnoticed in the bliss, until it limited his sight, and then more, once the many colored paper pieces began to make him dizzy. What...what is this?? Why the colors? Am I mad?! Typhon thought to himself, before reaching out and grasping some of the paper slips. It's....Confetti? He was dumbfounded for more than just a few moments as he wrapped his mind around it, which gave him a short reprieve for the dizziness to come.

Typhon had been flying for almost three hours, and he was pretty sure that he had gotten lost... he was getting dizzier and dizzier by the moment and felt like he was on the verge of saying hello to his breakfast again, the first time was much more pleasant...for him. He scanned the ground setting his sights on a small estate below him.
A piece of Civilization! perhaps they could explain what's going on. Typhon thought as he descended, cringing as the confetti surrounded him in a thick wave...it was getting worse from what he could tell, there was still quite the distance down, and Typhon could feel that getting lost again was a high probability. He could feel his stomach roil for a moment before recovering. Or at least physically recovering, his mental state was in rapid decline.

A few seconds passed, Typhon's horns glowed with blue energy before electricity started to arc off of his body striking into the confetti cloud around him, the torrent of fire and toasted paper that followed made him smirk with a sense of superiority. Ha! Multicolored crap crisp and crackle with the lightning! Typhon's feeling of glee rose in his chest as he felt the urge to release more destructive power into the clouds of confetti, the only thing that stopped him was the sight of other dragons further below, seeming to be going to the same estate. You, dragons...what is the cause of this confetti...I seem to keep getting lost.. Typhon didn't want to say that it was because he was dizzy and alittle motion sick from all the colorful objects around him. He released another arc of electricity to fry the cloud that was currently around him. His black form would appear to be a shadow to them until he was close, and they could tell that he was truly entirely black, save for his white underbelly and light blue glowing horns.

Typhon didn't particularly feel like being friendly...after all he was sickly at the moment, but he had to get to ground, and they seemed fine in the mess of a good storm...aside from getting knocked around some. He noted that he seemed to be the largest of them. He came to rest on the estate, beating his wings slowly to keep from hitting the ground too hard, and to keep in control through the wind.

{ooc: I hope you guys don't mind my joining in here? Smile /ooc}
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 10:38 pm

Ooc: I'm posting again to be nice and up to date before novelling, also just to get the board moving because not much is going on here.

While staring up at the sky, waiting for the others to descend, Jitt noticed another shape moving, higher up than them. He quickly determined that it was another dragon- from the blue pattern on the wings and the areas which glowed a similar colour on its body, he guessed a lightning storm. The other dragon twisted and turned in the wind, evidently enjoying the storm far more than Jitt had- but then, storm was in the breed name. They were going to like a bit of bad weather.

As electricity flashed outwards from the form, brightening the sky with a shining blue light, the scythe claw blinked several times. No doubt about it, that was a lightning storm. And now, it was speaking to him... Jitt squinted up, trying to get a better look at the dragon's features, as he replied,
Well, we don't really know... It's not natural. That's why we're here really, we're going to see the mayor. I'm sure you can come with us if you want, he said for me to bring anyone I wanted. He gave the dragon an inquiring look as it landed, loping over and then smiling as he introduced himself. It was nice not having to bend down for once, seeing as he was the same size as the newcomer.
I'm called Jitt, what about you?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:37 pm

The ground seemed to be getting closer and closer as the dragons flew, so Starling presumed that they must be getting closer at least. However, when the new dragon appeared, the winds seemed to pick up even higher. She felt her body being pulled away from Ladon, and struggled to hold on with all her might. The dragons seemed unaffected, but her lightweight frame caught every gust of wind and pulled her out of control.

“Please tell me we’re almost there,” she shouted over the howling wind and fluttering confetti, “I need to land!” She was quite worried, and as the wind finally caught her injured wing and tugged at it, she felt the situation becoming more and more dangerous. Silver was still passed out, the dragons didn’t seem entirely sure where to go, and now her delicate balance in the air was being threatened once again. This had not been a good day, all in all.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Temero - Wolf Dragon   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Temero, gliding along on a slipstream above the earth, reveled in the sunlight on his fur and the wind in his face. He did so enjoy flying, in fact it was one of the few things he really did enjoy. His spiked tail swished from side to side slowly, keeping him in the current of air, and therefor aloft seeing as he was not flapping his wings. The yellow and black Wolf dragon lazily scanned the ground, frowning slightly when his gaze fell upon something strange.

It appeared to be a town, but it was very oddly colored. Of course, he was rather high up, so it was difficult for him to tell, but it appeared to be dotted with tiny strips of color. Just as he was considering dropping down slightly for a better view, the wind went out from under his wings and he was suddenly falling.

Flapping his wings furiously, Temero struggled to stay aloft and failed miserably, succeeding only in missing the rooftop of a building as he plummeted to the earth. Luckily, he landed in a pile of what appeared to be paper. Even so, it was still far rougher than he was used to, and he lay there for a moment as tiny tatters of brightly colored material drifted down on top of him, disturbed by his fall. Finally he snorted and stood carefully, already feeling the effects of his drop, and looked around, unsure of what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:20 pm

With a gasp of pain, Starling span out of control, her injured wing caught by a stray eddy of wind. She was wrenched from Ladon’s back and found herself being pulled into the merciless wind patterns above her, in the ever-swirling confetti.

“Help!” she screamed, kicking her legs in an attempt to get closer to the ground. Her wings had been ripped open by the deadly-strong wind, however, and had no control over which direction she was going in. However, through the swirling confetti it seemed that she was going upwards – exactly where she didn’t need to be.

“Anyone?” she howled, trying to be heard over the storm. She was terrified, and had no idea how to get back to the ground. She needed one of the strong dragons to catch her, or she could end up anywhere the winds chose to take her.

(just to kick this thing back into action. Starling felt like being a damsel in distress xD)
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Down here! Jitt projected his thoughts desperately as vague wails from Starling drifted down to him, snatched away by the wind. Try to keep your wings folded! He could see the wind snatching at the feathered canopies, threatening to pull the avian off the dragon's back- and that definitely wouldn't do any good for her. A movement in the corner of his eye made Jitt look over to see yet another dragon landing heavily on the ground. Perhaps they'd all been blown in by the storm. He'd have to greet this latest newcomer in a moment, but for now he wanted to make sure that Ladon and Starling reached the ground safely.

As he squinted up into the sky, trying to see past all the fluttering scraps of paper, he suddenly became aware that Starling and Ladon's shapes were no longer together, but instead widely seperated. A few moments later, the girl's screams reached his ears faintly, and he hurled himself anxiously into the air.
I'm coming! he told her, his wing muscles immediately beginning to burn again as he struggled against the air currents. He fought his way over to where the avian hung, buffeted mercilessly by the wind, and made a grab for her with his front paws. They were numbed with cold and he could scarcely see them, but he thought he got the girl- he just hoped that the two lethally sharp claws which gave his breed its name hadn't wounded her as he fumbled to get a hold on her helpless body.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 pm

Starling gasped as Jitt manages to catch her, but didn’t squirm. She could see that his huge claws could be a dangerous thing, and decided it was best not to do anything until they landed.

“Thank you.” She shouted over the roaring wind, feeling utterly weak and helpless. Her good wing still felt like it was in one piece, however, and the broken one didn’t seem to have done anything too terrible, so she was glad. She thought she could feel a few small cuts from Jitt’s claws on her arms, but that was probably just the wind and confetti anyway.

The ground was barely visible through the swirling bits of coloured paper, but what she could see looked tiny, and impossibly far away. She swallowed hard, suddenly realizing how far the wind had taken her, and went limp in Jitt’s claws. She had never been afraid of heights (for an avian that would have been a real problem), but this far from the ground, everything changed.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 2:57 pm

It's okay, Jitt replied, now struggling to fold his wings away or at least tilt them downwards so that he had a better chance of ending up on the ground. I hope I didn't hurt you. He stopped his efforts for a few moments, resting his wings and letting the wind throw him back and forth over the mayor's lawn for a few moments. When the ache had lessened very slightly, he waited for a lull in the wind and then pulled his wings tightly into his body, stretching his head down towards the ground. Much to his relief, he slowly fell, with plenty of time to position his large hind legs to catch him as he landed- which they did, with a thump. He huffed a sigh of relief and battled his way over to where Silver lay limply on the ground.
Can you make it down, Ladon? he asked the magpie dragon anxiously- he didn't know what they'd do if he couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Temero looked up at the sky, hearing something, and instantly spotted something plummeting towards the earth. It took him a moment to figure out what it was, because at first he thought it was a bird. When he realized it was actually a human a growl crossed his face, baring his teeth as he did so. Regardless of his current situation, he still hated humans, and it was frustrating that they had found him even in this strange place.

Unfolding his wings, Temero prepared to launch himself into the air to drag the human down, only to be beaten by another dragon. The Wolf watched silently as she was pulled out of the sky, far more gently than he would have expected. Well, things had just become interesting, as if they had not been already. Slowly he folded his wings shut, picking his way through the confetti towards them.

Apparently this was not the territory of ME, and he would remember that. It would not stop him from trying to get away from the humans, but he would not attack them outright. That would only end with him getting overrun by the other dragons. So for now he would play nice.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Ladon struggled to close his wings for a while, but as soon as he succeeded, he landed effortlessly next to his rider. Flying in this weather is suicide he snorted before nudging his rider's arm to see if he'd wake up.

-

The Shadowhunter snapped his eyes open, ready to attack, but once he saw that it was his dragon, he relaxed immediately. He could already feel his powers returning back to him.

He looked around puzzled, "Where are we?"

(Short post is short, but it's better than nothing xD)
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 4:44 pm

It was only after they had landed safely that Starling even noticed the wolf dragon, high above them by now. It had seemed like he had been racing Jitt to get to her, but that made no sense. She didn’t even know the dragon – why would it care what happened to her? She felt shaken, but (with some difficulty) she managed to fold her good wing in properly, and tuck her injured one far enough back to stop the wind catching it again. She felt bruised all over, and there were a couple of tiny cuts on her arms from Jitt’s claws, but she was back on solid ground. Usually the ground felt oppressive and close – she preferred the air really – but right then she had never been more grateful for it.

As Ladon touched down nearby, Starling made her way over (gripping whatever she could just in case a gust of wind tried to carry her off again) and went to check if Silver was alright. As he sat up, she doubled her pace; running clumsily to see what was going on.

“Silver, you’re awake!” she shouted gleefully over the roaring wind. If he was better, it meant one of their problems was gone, and all they had to do was find the cause of the confetti hurricane that seemed to be surrounding the city. If it had been natural (which seemed unlikely as the bits of coloured paper couldn’t have just fallen from the sky), she would have expected the storm to spread out a long way, but it seemed to hover over the city alone, which suggested there was something they could do about it. Maybe this ‘mayor’ figure would know what to do when they eventually reached him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: