Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

[Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White]   [Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Shedding the skin of uncertainty that had irrationalized him for a frightening while, he slipped comfortably back into his coldness, peace returned sweetly on him and he beheld the holy one in front of him.
The man's dress was modest and simple as one might expect of a holy man, though an aura of strength seemed to hold in his eyes. Zartear noted too that the man had not just awoken, he must have been awake this whole time...perhaps in the back atrium doing whatever it is the "second of Elua's Temple" did.

"Well met," He nodded respectfully to the man, "Though I apologize for the late hour, too." He chewed over the questions he might ask as the to and fro of words were exchanged. "As you are a holy man and myself a pilgrim as well as my wife and child, we seek to expel the evil of cults in the deep mountains...As you can tell from our timing...It is a matter of urgency..." He paused for a moment, taking in the wisened man's expression. Though warm and truly seeming to follow his ideals...He required more convincing Zartear could tell as much, skepticism making a small appearance from the twitch of his brow. "Oh, but you must not worry, we are quite enough to handle this small band of misguided folk, but I need further wisdom from the likes of yourself." A little bit of flattery always goes a long way. Zartear's voice turned to a solemn and hushed whisper. "What I have searched for in prayer leads me to an uncertain conclusion..." All the while he made himself to seem as if his time was slipping away. "The moutains hide something terrible, not least the sins of poor souls that remain out of reach from our path, but something tangible."
Zartear sighed, putting two fingertips to the temple of his right eye, vexed by the visage given by his thoughtful prayers "Could you help me with it's context? I'd be very thankful."

He nodded humbly again and the man smiled with a fatherly affection, "knowingness" in them, he placed a hand on Zartear's shoulder, looking back to his "wife and child"
"Must you lie so much in this place of purity? Must you do that if it is simple knowledge you want of the gloomiest mountains? You still have much to learn in Elua's way and I can see it in you all, you are childlike and ignorant, the whole family." Zartear, clenched his teeth a little, holding eyes with the man.
"However," The man smiled ruefully, "I see also your good intention. To be here at such an hour, surely, if you were a poor robber you might have come from the back of the temple. But I trust you."

Although the man had misjudged his good nature, he had also mildly humiliated him. Zartear had to compliment his perceptiveness on that, though, it wasn't quite as sharp as the flashes of insight Zartear found in the strange boy's eyes where the thoughts were unspoken. Just like Avyanna, he was a puzzle he did not fully know yet and to be treated with caution.

"Forgive me and my misgivings. But this is extremely important, all the same."
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Alexander
Alexander

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Troll
  • Bi-Winning
  • Long Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue
  • Peon of Nyx

Male Loveliness : 1

[Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White]   [Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:51 am

Joscelin let the silence stretch on as he considered the man before him with a solemn face. Zartear had readily apologized for his lies, but the priest was still not completely convinced. He had been a scion of Elua since he was a child, being raised by Priests of the order who took in orphans and raised them in the love of the One True God's child. He had fought off men from robbing the temple, tended beggars who sold lies of how their misfortune was not their fault, listened to the confessions of dark souls. It wasn't easy to slip anything past his already aged mind. But somewhere underneath all of what the man and the woman had said... He sensed a dim feeling of power. It did not belong to any of the group and it had a strange, quiet song. Too quiet. He felt like he was standing at the door to a long hallway and someone at the other end was trying to whisper him a secret, the priest caught only bits and pieces that made no sense. What did make sense, what he did truly know, was that this power wanted them to make this journey. It was not the warm, loving light of Elua, but it was still not one to be ignored.

Smiling, he looked upon each of their faces and made a gesture with his free hand for them to follow his lead. Joscelin slowly walked back toward the door he'd appeared from and pulled aside the heavy, green cloth to reveal a very short hallway that ended in the first landing of pearly white stairs. They descended far beneath the earth, lit by an unseen source in various niches of the walls.

Avyanna could hardly contain her pleasure at having watched Joscelin put down Zartear's lies like it were an everyday occurrence. The sting was just barely noticeable on her companion's face, but oh! was it sweet. She gave a glance to Nathanael once she was sure she could contain any laughter. Something passed between the two, but whatever it was passed quickly and quietly. She returned the middle-aged man's smile as she followed him into the small corridor and moved to stand on the other side of Joscelin, Nathanael pacing closely behind her.

While he appeared to still be enjoying Zartear's moment of defeat-one of the biggest grins he could conjure threatening to split his face in two-the cogs of Nathanael's mind were whirling from the day's events. He waited for Zartear to join them in the room and waited still as they all filed down the winding staircase after Elua's Second, making sure that he would be the last down so that Zartear was uncomfortably between of Avyanna and Nathanael. Glancing up at the walls to instinctively take in their surrounding, his thoughts screeched to a stop and violently raced into another direction. You wouldn't figure there would be much to take in, it's a stairwell. How interesting could it possibly be?

Joscelin was not surprised by the lady's sigh of awe as she too looked on at the walls only seconds after Nathanael had. He had been hypnotized the first time the head of their order had taken him down this way. Scholars and monks of every religion came from far and wide to visit this temple. Not to see the glorious oak or their expansive walls of imported marble or even for worship... But to witness Heaven's Stairs and it's secret...

The light that had reflected back into the atrium upstairs came from no torch or lantern, but instead flowed from the walls themselves. Tucked in small domes carved into the rock face, one every six feet, were stones the size of a child's fist. They had sharp, jagged edges like crystals and caused the white light they threw off to fragment and twist in the most beautifully haunting of manners. The rocks themselves were surprisingly not white, but instead swirled with an innumerable amount of colours that did not translate into the light they gave off. Purples, blues, reds, and more a collided together in a beautiful dance amongst glass covers.

"Nova Tears is what the miners would call them, claiming they looked like the ethereal sadness given off by a dying star." Joscelin's voice shocked them all in the silence. "They came in vast numbers from the center of the mountain hundreds of years ago. Mages found that they held and enhanced magic like nothing had ever before. Everyone from sorcerers to Kings sought after them, until the source began to dry up and the people of the Ash begun to attack the mine workers. It became too dangerous to seek the jewels and finally the World gave up on ever seeing them again. What stones were out in the world were hidden or lost. Sadly, some were even destroyed. But a few still remain. These," he gestured to the wall. "were gifts to Elua from the men who mined them."

Avyanna stumbled her way out of shock. She had seen many a things, but none quite so beautiful.

"Are these why people try to invade the mountain?" She inquired.

Somewhere ahead of them Joscelin gave a small shrug, causing his staff to drag on the wall for a moment. He had been carrying it thus far down the stairs so it would not catch the floor, his limp quietly apparent.

"Aye, some come for the Tears, but there is somewhat more hidden beneath those peaks..."

(Yoooouuuur turn! XD I figured at the bottom could be a huge library/record hall. And I left the conversation because you know more of the plot than j can remember.)
Back to top Go down

[Show Me What It's Like] Zay - Alexander [To Dream In Black And White]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2