Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Empty
PostSubject: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:59 am

I think we both know the rules, tiff. =D

Setting
A somewhat large lake, about big enough to fit three full-sized dragons. Around the lake is a stretch of grass, then a ring of trees, some of which stretch onto become a forest, while on the horizon is a mountain range.
The time is midafternoon, and it's been a cold day, with a light drizzle falling to the ground.

Plot: None as of yet.

I'll be using my "Slayer", Minka.

Intro
A figure crept delicately through the trees, not seeming at all affected by the drizzle. The figure was definitely a she, despite the fact she dressed in somewhat boyish clothes-- red pants and a white, tattered tunic-like shirt.

Irritably she brushed a bit of her dark ginger hair away, since it was starting to stick to her head, and knelt down at the trunk of a large oak. Her hazel eyes scanned the soddden area, but there was no sign of any movement she could see. Just a few more trees and a lake, not far from her. She snarled, looking longingly down at a sheathed sword at her waist. Oh, how she longed to use it on one of those wretched overgrown lizards, to taste the first bites of sweet revenge. Yet she hadn't seen even one scale of a dragon so far, and it was beginning to seem to her that perhaps there weren't any at all. She sighed, wishing the cursed drizzle would relent-- it had been falling all day- but it only continued on with its monotonous sprinkling.

Grasping the tree with her right hand, she pulled herself up, shaking a bit of grass off her knee high boots. The hand left the tree quickly, she prefered not to have it in front of her to often, where others could easily tell-- she had only four fingers.
Biting her lip in frustration, she continued marching on, wondering if she should have contacted some expert or something on dragon slaying before she'd started.

Last edited by Eithne on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 7:23 pm

His furgure was showing beneath him while he glided through the sky elagantly...He stopped in mid air and let his forked tounge find it's way out of his mouth...Flickering a few time's he tasted the air and there was a slight scent of a human...But he wasn't sure of course.

His shimmering dark blue scale's shone brightly when the sun hit them at the right angle...He twisted onto his back swiftly taking in the puffy white cloud's above his underbelly being alomost white like them...but there was a light hint of blue that made it a pretty color. His peircing glass like eye's scanned the area with great intrest he hoped to find something interesting...Maybe..It depended on what it was...He let out a sigh as he flipped back over his cold breath making it's way out of his mouth his white teeth sparkiling. His spike's were glass like they glimmered when water hit them. His inner wing was glass like as well the outer part was his blue scale's. He finaly landed on the ground without sound.
He smiled lightly as he made his way through the forest not knowing what there was to come...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 8:58 pm

She continued through the moist trees, still seeing nothing worth interest.

There is nothing here! she thought furiously. In coming to the peaceful island, she had expected more activity and life than this. More chances at those stupid dragons than this...

Yet so far she'd seen nothing. Perhaps, she thought, I'm looking in the wrong place. Or maybe I don't know what to do. In a fury she pushed the last thought out of her mind. Of course she knew what to do! Not as if she needed help.
The rain continued to fall.
She was beginning to get bored with it, as well. Nothing but walking. Walking. Walking...

She stopped yet again and leaned against another tree, causually drawing her sword. With only a trace of interest she began to study it, making sure to still keep her ears trained for noise.
Not that there's anything better to do, she thought with a scoff.

Last edited by Eithne on Tue May 20, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Cleto growled lightly as his great eye's saw someone and his sense in smell was wonderful he quickly saw a big enough lake and slid in nicely his color's blended in nicely and he got a huge breath and dived deep underneath and stayed down there. Peering up into the sky above wondering if the human would come swimming today...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:10 pm

Minka sighed and stepped away from the tree now. She was not far from the lake-- why not get a drink? Stashing her sword away, she squelched towards it.
The water seemed perfectly normal, a bit foggy, as a lake would be, rippling slightly from the rain. Once again she scanned the area. Still nothing! She stomped her foot, the boot sinking slightly in the mud. She ignored it and took another step towards the water's edge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Cleto thought about a plan and he smiled under the water making sure not to send bubble's. Cleto quickly went through the ater till his tail could easily trip the female human. Cleto slid his tail and carefully and quickly wrapped his tail around the girl's ankle and pulled. He pulled her into the water and his tail un curled it's self and disappeared in the foggy water and slid out before her eye's could even touch the surface he flew into the air as water dipped from him he began to laugh it thundered through the sky and he quickly and elagantly flew down and landed without one little noise he hid carefully and watched from a safe distance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:41 am

Minka felt herself suddenly being grabbed by something huge and serpent like. She yelped and tried to stab her sword into it, but whatever it was quickly dragged her under water, and then let go. There went her chance at it.

Furious, she paddled upwards, breaking the surface of the water, and swam back to shore, panting. She clamped her jaw tightly and threw her sword down on the ground in frustration. Her eyes were bulging with anger. Whatever it was, she had the feeling...what else could it have been but one of those stupid dragons?
She picked up her sword and waved it towards the air. "You beast! I'll get you!" She screamed, not caring how pathetically cliche she sounded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:56 am

Cleto was smiling now. He wanted to laugh but he was too close to her...She could hear his laughter. Cleto yawned lightly and carefully approached the woman but he was a safe distance. He looked at her couriously "So you call me a beast!?" Cleto growled lightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:01 pm

A voice sounded from Minka's side. Slowly she reached her hand down and grasped her sword, then turned herself around to face it. A dragon. Just sitting there.

"What was that supposed to be, some sort of 'clever retort'?" She cried. "For such a big head you mustn't have a very large brain."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Cleto sat there and rolled his eye's 'Human's...Ecspecialy woman!' Cleto thought to himself.

"Well...Why would I be afraid of YOU!" Cleto snapped back at her with venom in his voice. Then he setteled down. "Really you think I have a small brian...Your's is probably a peanut compared to mine...Think before you speak!" Cleto growled at her his wing's spreading them selve's out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Minka's turn to roll her eyes. "Oh...then why aren't you doing anything? I'm standing here with a sword, and you sit there. You could run. You could ATTACk me!" Her voice was starting to get eeerily high pitched. "But no, you sit! Peanut brain is you!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 8:40 pm

Cleto stood and andavanced toward's her.."You know something I don't wish to attack you...I don't think it's right to attack to for something YOU didn't do!" Cleto said his tail making it's way toward's her sword and then....He grabbed the sword with his tail and then it was in his jaw's and he broke it into peice's. "Now there is no reason for me to attack you now is there?" Cleto said smiling warmly at her now for some reason he had a guy feeling that they would...Be closer...

Cleto yawned and turned maybe she would like to stick around with him but if not then it's her loss she could finaly ride a dragon maybe...Only if he let her but...Most likely he would because she didn't have any weapon's so he thought but she seemed up set..Why go hunting dragon's there has to be a reason you don't hunt them to just hunt them...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Minka screamed in frustration as the dragon broke her sword. "You...AGHHH!"
She punched her knee and turned away from Cleto, eyes wild with fury. Slowly she turned her head back to face him. "Something I didn't do? You...you're one of those 'let's be fair and happy!' supporters who thinks everything will be alright as long as you 'treat others as they wish to be treated.' And so you don't attack me." She snarled again. "Well, I guess I'm lucky to have faced a weakling."
She made no advance or retreat, but instead sat down on the ground right where she was, giving the dragon a challenging glare.

Yet deep down there was something of the old Minka screaming at her to realize this dragon was being kind to her, and that he was right to be fair...that he wanted to have some sort of...of...friendship. Its scream wasn't loud enough, though, and she ignore it easily.

It was weak to believe all the sappy, good stuff. Besides, being fair made life so...boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Cleto sighed "Whatever...But you asked for it...Remember that!" Cleto growled playfully and had her in his claw's easily holding her firmly making sure not to drop her on the ground below or squish her to death he smiled. "How do you like the view?" Cleto asked amused now he knew he would get some yelling thrown at him but he was perfectly fine with that. "Yes, I try and be fair I don't want to hurt you...You know I could kill you so easily it's not even funny unless you wish for me to drop you and you to be a peice of yummy looking crushed up human for some other dragon or...animal to come along and snack on your ramain's!" Cleto growled. He dropped her only to have her back in his grasp again laughing she looked down at her and stuck his forked tounge out at her and began to twirl in the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Minka yelped and struggled furiously, punching at the dragon's claws in vain. "Let...go of ME!" She screamed at him. "You moronic overgrown lizard!"
She kicked the air, wishing the stupid creature hadn't destroyed her sword. Didn't want to hurt her...wanted to be fair...Pfft. Like she cared what this dragon thought of her or anything else. She just wanted to get away, and find some better tactic to slay. It wouldn't be pleasant to end up flying through the air every time she intended to kill something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:39 pm

Cleto rolled his eye's and they were soon upon a mountain she flew into a huge cave and let her go he made his wing's come prtectivley around his body and looked at her and smiled "Thank's for the compliment short...pathetic human!" Cleto said back flatly "And your punches are quiet pitiful!" Cleto said laughing he gently pushed her over with swift move of his claw and laughed even more. "I don't have to touch you to push you over either I could simply blow a gust of wind at you and you would plummit to the ground like a little delicate leaf!" Cleto said calmly cold breath coming from his mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:49 pm

Minka yelped again, falling to the floor. She stared up at him, a devilish look upon her face as fury boiled inside of her. She was beginning to realize, without proper training, a weapon, or armor, she was somehwat helpless.

"What else was I supposed to do?" She retorted, casting her eyes around the cave to look for some means of escape. "Sit there and pet you? And I'm not short!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Cleto rolled his eye's and sharpened his claw's and then he smiled as the were perfectly sharp he placed them on the cave floor gently and he sighed.

"Why do you hunt us dragon's in the first place hunter's are stupid...There's not many of us around and soon we will be instinct do you want that to happen, Wait I think you want us marevoulous creature's to go poof..Oh look there they go children wave goodbye!" Cleto growled he stood and looked down at her his face up to her's "Compared to me! You are the smallest thing!" Cleto growled his breath going over her it didn't stink but i was a cold kind of breath. Then Cleto stepped back and breathed in deeply and quickly went to the side of the cave entrance and snarled. "Thank's you brought more of you hunter's to my hiding spot!" Cleto said fury showing in his eye's but behind that there was softness but it wasn't showing at the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Minka bristled. "It is none of your business, really, why I hunt dragons. And why would I care if you all 'went poof'? In fact, I'd be overjoyed!" She didn't flinch as he breathed on her, as she didn't want to let him feel more powerful than her. She ignored the 'small' comment.
"As for that last comment, I don't know any other slayers. I brought none of them here, so Mr. Fair Guy, don't go blaming me for that!" She turned away from him, despite the fact he wasn't looking at her, and hissed under her breath--a strange habit she'd picked up from her youth. This stupid dragon was getting on her nerves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:09 pm

Cleto sighed "I can see that...Minka..." Cleto looked at her his eye's filled with hurt and he only shook it away and flew gracefully down and disposed of the hunter's below he only shook his head none were girl's so he didn't have a problem with killing them...

Cleto flew back to the cave and walked past Minka he went into his special cave and layed there latting their wonderful glowing light seep into his tired body as he watched Minka out of the corner of his eye's he finaly sighed "Minka right? Well anyway's...I know it is none of my business but...I don't see why you have something agaisnt us...Most of us dragon's are nice but sadly there are some that don't care for your kind and want to kill you all...But me I think you guy's are interesting the way you do thing's and such.." Cleto stopped and looked away from her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:17 pm

Minka turned to look at him in his cave. "Does 'revenge' sound like something familiar to you? Or are you too much of a goody two shoes to know what that is?" She rolled her eyes and looked away, refusing to say anything more in response to him. She didn't dare try to leave yet, she had learned that day she needed some form of a plan before jumping into something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:28 pm

Cleto sighed "So obviously your parent's were killed by 'Dragons' Am I correct or am I incorrect?!" Cleto said staring back at her. Cleto shook his head lightly.

Cleto looked at her intently now. "Well actualy yes revenge does sound familiar to me but still...Revenge doesn't alway's help all the live's you kill Minka..It won't let the one's you loved come back I don't have my parent's I never met them...I alway's blamed you guy's but someone taught me to not think about revenge..." Cleto said softly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:37 pm

Minka glared at him. "What are you, some sort of mind reader?" She cried, her voice sounding somewhat hysteric.
She exhaled. "And not think about revenge? How could I not? I need to teach your race a lesson, that they will pay if they meddle and take the lives of those who did nothing to them!" she stood up now, her voice growing shrill. "My parents did nothing to harm your race, and guess what kills them one day?! See where your fairness gets you-- no where! No where at ALL but DEATH!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:44 pm

Cleto only shook his head she didn't understand one word he was trying to say to her that's female's for you. "Minka please calm down...Or byt the way I'm Cleto but anyway's...You can;t be sure it was us who did this and if so...Go after the one's who killed your parent's because I did nothing to your parent's and niether did some of us so your pathetic little brain need's to get that through your penut sized in head! Plus you wanna knwo something...Your not the only one that want's revenge Minka THINK THINK THINK!" Cleto snarled his voice having venom in it he glared at her his eye's burning into her's. "Your not the only one...And if you want to go then you may but if you run into a dragon that's eveil don't come crying to me for help cause there's worse dragon's out there Minka they won't listen to one of your pleading word's for mercy they'll kill you right there and then they won't care if your a woman! You don't understand Minka...You just don't!" Cleto said he was inche's away from her now his eye's still blazing with fury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Fury rose in Minka's throat. "I don't understand...ha. Ha. So what, you, Mr. Goody Two Shoes, wants revenge too?" She put on a look of mock-shock, then snorted. "Well, Cleto, tell me, what I, the 'peanut brain', doesn't understand!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)   Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunt at the Lake (For Intan and Eithne)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next